Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-19-2007, 10:48 AM   #251
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I like to play the "put it on net and hope for rebounds" offense, and I recover a fair number of rebounds. But I do have trouble putting those past the goalie, mostly I think because I haven't learned to aim my shot anywhere other than the direction I'm skating. I'm guessing Turner's tip about going to Auto Aim would help in that regard, but I'm not ready to give up on Manual yet, I think I just need more time to adjust to the new controls.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:20 AM   #252
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerONU22 View Post
I'm about 48 games or so into my dynasty (about 12 real played games) and here's how I feel:

- You MUST turn the defense strategy to "high pressure" if you want to have any chance of stopping the offense, especially on Superstar. I feel that it puts a stop to the tic-tac-toe passing that the CPU does very well. However, your D-men are likely to come out from the net in this case, so make sure that you help out down there, just like in real life.

- I had to turn the shot aim to 'auto', to help with my shots. I kept shooting in the same two places in the top of the net and the same place at the bottom, especially when I am 'going down' on the screen. When I did this, I noticed that I got more garbage goals in front, just like real life and I scored more in front of the net.

- Know who is out on the ice for both sides. Get their top line off of the ice ASAP, and get your 4th line off of the ice ASAP. I usually do this by getting shots and forcing faceoffs for line changes. If I don't, then I know I will get scored on.

- Don't play the D-man on defense, play with a forward. This way, you can block the shots from the point or at least force their d-man from walking in. Also, you can help in the slot area, in which the CPU loves to score from.

- On offense, generate space!!! Do this by passing it around and pulling the defensemen out of the net area. I can't tell you how much that this helped me to score, when I finally got some space within 10 feet.

I am actually winning games now on Superstar, but not that often. I played the Preds yesterday, went up 3-1 and then got scored on twice in the 3rd. In OT, I scored a nice goal by beating the d-man and putting it through the 5-hole to win 4-3. Its still not all easy though, because I got beat 4-1 the game before against LA when they just played much tighter defense against me, and I could never get any space.

EXCELLENT POST!

I don't use auto aim, but that's just me.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:37 AM   #253
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
EXCELLENT POST!

I don't use auto aim, but that's just me.

I never did either in NHL 07, but I did well because I had so much time and so little pressure to shoot the puck. Now in 08, if you don't shoot the puck quickly, you're hit or the puck has been stolen. Also, I think it helps distinguish between better players and worse ones. My 4th liners have terrible aim and it really shows with the auto aim.

I thought that it wouldn't be as fun with auto on, but I find that it makes the game even better. It allows you to focus more on creating the chances, rather than worry about using the same control that is for skating to aim the shot.
TurnerONU22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:00 PM   #254
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerONU22 View Post
I never did either in NHL 07, but I did well because I had so much time and so little pressure to shoot the puck. Now in 08, if you don't shoot the puck quickly, you're hit or the puck has been stolen.

Now see, that is totally awesome. The main thing that seperates elite hockey players from the guys in the AHL or below is their ability to deal with the seriously limited amount of time and space given by good defenders. It looks like that might start to seperate the elite video game hockey players from the average ones as well. So cool.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 09-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #255
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

no 2k8 thread so more thoughts:

To each their own, but there is some things 2k8 does RIGHT.

1. Faceoffs, best ever in a hockey video game.
2. Camera, I love the panoramic camera. It brings you close to the action, while allowing you to see the whole rink. I honestly think is why the rinks seem small - although I'm not convinced they really that small.
3. Best ice and the way the ice deteriorates is spectacular. I also think the sounds on the ice are excellent.
4. Contols are not really THAT bad once you get 5-6 games under your belt.
5. Presentation, as always 2k knows what presentation is all about.
6. Game pace seems perfect on defaults for ME, I know not everyone likes a speedy game.
7. Franchise is quite engrossing.

Next year 2k HAS to get rid of speed bursts though and make penalties more realistic.

I like both of these games and the great thing is, they both play a good hockey, but totally different gameplay. Too bad I'm going to have to decide on one for this season.

I'm still leaning NHL 08 right now, but 2k8 imo.. has made some strides this year.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 09-19-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:39 PM   #256
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've been playing one game of 2k8, then one game of 08 - yes it sucks going from one control scheme to another.

Maybe playing NHL 07 to death last year has something to do with it, but 2k8 is now becoming my favorite over NHL 08. For some odd reason, I love the camera so much more in 2k8 and I'm almost thinking the rinks in NHL 08 are too big instead of the rinks in NHL 2k8 being too small.

I played with the franchise modes in both games and 2k8 is much more engrossing, imo. They did a great job on signing players and such.

About the freeze.. wonder if they can patch that, as that's my only concern as I don't want to turn trading off?

Competition is great, too bad football isn't this way.

If you haven't played last year's EA hockey game, I think most people will love it - probably more so than NHL 2k8 because for years, most people played the 2k series. I'm the opposite, I loved NHL 07 last year and didn't take to NHL 2k7. Now, 2k8 is really growing on me... go figure.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:46 AM   #257
Nugget699
H.S. Freshman Team

Something which I miss from the old incarnations of the game is the season mode where you can pick how many teams you wanted and how often the teams met each other.

I loved having a little 14 team league with just 26 games. I want to play every single game for my team, rather than simming 3 quarters of the games.

I'm loving Goalie mode atm too. I'm 10 games into a franchise with NYI where i'm only playing the Goalie.
Nugget699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #258
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

You know what this game needs more of? Shots hitting the post. I played a game recently and that only happened about a dozen times. That's nowhere near enough.

My favorite part is when the announcers breathlessly talk about how a goal went in off the post, and how rare that is. You know, except for the fact that every goal in this game goes in off the post. Other than that, yes, it's exceedingly rare.

(This post was brought to you by the Foundation for Really Bad Internet Sarcasm.)

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 09-28-2007 at 12:53 PM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:18 PM   #259
Galaxy
Coordinator

How is the franchise mode on NHL 08?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:02 PM   #260
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
You know what this game needs more of? Shots hitting the post. I played a game recently and that only happened about a dozen times. That's nowhere near enough.

My favorite part is when the announcers breathlessly talk about how a goal went in off the post, and how rare that is. You know, except for the fact that every goal in this game goes in off the post. Other than that, yes, it's exceedingly rare.

(This post was brought to you by the Foundation for Really Bad Internet Sarcasm.)

This is a result of not properly aiming. If you go to the shooting practice mode you can see that if you push all the way to the corners with the left stick when you shoot you will not hit the targets in the net, you will either miss the net or hit the posts.

Of course, that doesn't mean I can do it in a game. Like you, I score every goal off the post. But I've played a couple high-ranked guys online that lit me up for 5-7 goals a piece, and I don't think they hit the post on any of them.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:54 PM   #261
astrosfan64
College Prospect

This is by far the best gameplay experience I've ever had with a sports game. I mean it plays great, especially online.

I've been playing online as a the goalie and I actually feel like I'm at a game. I really don't think a sports game has ever risen to this level of gameplay.

There are some glitches, but I can easily overlook them. I really hope they continue to build on this franchise.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:11 PM   #262
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan64 View Post
This is by far the best gameplay experience I've ever had with a sports game. I mean it plays great, especially online.

100% agree. This game was a system seller for me (got me to buy a 360), and while I had plans to buy Guitar Hero 3 on launch, I don't think I will anymore. I think this has a chance to hold my exclusive interest until Christmas.

Best. Sports. Game. EVAR.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #263
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Argh. I need a job.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:13 PM   #264
Galaxy
Coordinator

I played it last night against a buddy who just got it. If EA can do this for Madden, they will have a sports lineup that can compete with 2k Sports.

I didn't play the CPU, so I wasn't able to get a gauge on how they play. But in terms of the players, I love how they position themselves. You can actually get a power play set up.

The graphics look very nice. The reflections of the players on the ice are beautiful. As the period goes on, the reflections become less clear and ice becomes darker.

The inclusion of some of European leagues is pretty cool.

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-02-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #265
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

[whine]

My Xbox 360 isn't back yet, and I actually can't get a solid status update on it. I'm starting to think that my service ticket got lost in Microsoft's system someplace.

[/whine]

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 10-02-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #266
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I played a buddy of mine online last week. In five games, I smoked him each time with scores like 6-1 and 7-1. Let's just say that the whole "the one-timer is a thing of the past" theory is a little premature. They just work in a slightly different way than before. Once you've figured it out, you just need to find an opponent who hasn't yet and you'll light him up.

(You also wind up being pretty unstoppable in Pro mode, although that's to be expected at that level. I'd assume the AI figures you out on the higher levels, although I didn't get a chance to try it before having to take the rental back.)

The guy I beat up was actually pretty funny on the headset... "what the hell, I thought the new AI was supposed to learn what you're doing, why don't they ever cover that guy? False advertising! Damn you EA!"

Hey, speaking of getting beat up... holy sweet lord the fighting system sucks. It's not so much the actual fights, which are only "really bad" and not "embarassingly bad". But it turns out that you basically start a fight by pressing the "y" button. That's it. Just press the button, and two guys on the ice will start fighting. It won't even necessarily be the guy you're controlling, or even two guys who are near each other. Just press the button (vs the computer, at least) and off they go. Fun!
Old 10-02-2007, 02:42 PM   #267
rowech
Pro Starter

I have played this game and nothing else since getting it. I now sit at 24-15-1 in my first season with the Flames.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #268
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
I played a buddy of mine online last week. In five games, I smoked him each time with scores like 6-1 and 7-1. Let's just say that the whole "the one-timer is a thing of the past" theory is a little premature. They just work in a slightly different way than before. Once you've figured it out, you just need to find an opponent who hasn't yet and you'll light him up.

(You also wind up being pretty unstoppable in Pro mode, although that's to be expected at that level. I'd assume the AI figures you out on the higher levels, although I didn't get a chance to try it before having to take the rental back.)

The guy I beat up was actually pretty funny on the headset... "what the hell, I thought the new AI was supposed to learn what you're doing, why don't they ever cover that guy? False advertising! Damn you EA!"

Hey, speaking of getting beat up... holy sweet lord the fighting system sucks. It's not so much the actual fights, which are only "really bad" and not "embarassingly bad". But it turns out that you basically start a fight by pressing the "y" button. That's it. Just press the button, and two guys on the ice will start fighting. It won't even necessarily be the guy you're controlling, or even two guys who are near each other. Just press the button (vs the computer, at least) and off they go. Fun!

That guy must not be very good. I'm not that good, I think I'm like 12 and 30 online or something like that, but I never lose that bad.

If you look at the top 10 in the ladder, most of their goal for average is like 4 to 5 and their goals against average is like 2ish.

You can score from 1 timers but, I actually score quite a few of my goals with well placed wrist shots or slapshots.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:07 PM   #269
astrosfan64
College Prospect

One other thing.

Goalie Mode -- Go online as a goalie, it is so much fun. When your team has the puck, if you click on select on the gamepad you watch the game from the broadcast view. It really feels like watching a real hockey game. If the other team gets the puck you switch back to goalie mode.

I was in the some great games last night. I've probably logged about 16 games in goalie mode now and I'm actually starting to win some. One of the reasons my record sucks is I went 0 and 10 in goalie mode to start. But, I've won 4 out of my last 6.

The hardest thing to learn is positioning and handling of 1 timers. It takes practice, but it is by far the most unique gaming experience I've ever had.

Oh, one other thing. My first game last night was as the flyers against the rangers. I went up on the guy 2 to 0, he stormed back and tied it at 2 to 2. Then I went up on him 4 to 2 and he had three straight to get it to 5 to 4 him, Going into the third period.

I'm in the third period and its scoreless till about a minute left to go. He gets a penality and on the powerplay, my Defense hits a blast to the top shelf and we tie it up.

I go into overtime and we both had about 2 good rushes, then he manages to bast a shot past me in goal.

But great game.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:14 PM   #270
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
One other thing.

Goalie Mode -- Go online as a goalie, it is so much fun. When your team has the puck, if you click on select on the gamepad you watch the game from the broadcast view. It really feels like watching a real hockey game. If the other team gets the puck you switch back to goalie mode.

I was in the some great games last night. I've probably logged about 16 games in goalie mode now and I'm actually starting to win some. One of the reasons my record sucks is I went 0 and 10 in goalie mode to start. But, I've won 4 out of my last 6.

The hardest thing to learn is positioning and handling of 1 timers. It takes practice, but it is by far the most unique gaming experience I've ever had.

Oh, one other thing. My first game last night was as the flyers against the rangers. I went up on the guy 2 to 0, he stormed back and tied it at 2 to 2. Then I went up on him 4 to 2 and he had three straight to get it to 5 to 4 him, Going into the third period.

I'm in the third period and its scoreless till about a minute left to go. He gets a penality and on the powerplay, my Defense hits a blast to the top shelf and we tie it up.

I go into overtime and we both had about 2 good rushes, then he manages to bast a shot past me in goal.

But great game.

One other note about online play. I noticed that in NHL as compared to Madden people seem to only use their favorite team online. In Madden you usually see people using one of the better skilled teams, e.g. Pats, Colts, Chargers etc...

Online, you will notice that you play a ton of different teams and if you look at gamers histories you will see they play pretty much exclusively with that team. I wonder if that is just a testiment to hockey fans in general.

Oh and tons of Canadians online and I mean TONS of them.

I had a few team usa (me) vs team russian and team canada.

The multiplayer games were pretty cool, but I still think it needs some work.

Last edited by astrosfan64 : 10-02-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:26 PM   #271
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
One other note about online play. I noticed that in NHL as compared to Madden people seem to only use their favorite team online. In Madden you usually see people using one of the better skilled teams, e.g. Pats, Colts, Chargers etc...

Online, you will notice that you play a ton of different teams and if you look at gamers histories you will see they play pretty much exclusively with that team. I wonder if that is just a testiment to hockey fans in general.

Absolutely. I don't think I've ever played a hockey game and not been the Rangers.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:48 PM   #272
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Absolutely. I don't think I've ever played a hockey game and not been the Rangers.

I always use the flyers. I was tempted this year, the flyers aren't that great and when playing as the goalie you need a pretty good team. I tried one game with the Devils and I felt so dirty. I haven't gone back to them since.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:09 PM   #273
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
I always use the flyers. I was tempted this year, the flyers aren't that great and when playing as the goalie you need a pretty good team. I tried one game with the Devils and I felt so dirty. I haven't gone back to them since.
I know some guys (Sens fans, of course) who don't use their own team. They switch it up all the time, depending on which teams have a better goalie or a certain player. It usually ends up being Detroit or Colorado, or recently the Sabres. This year, the Penguins seem to show up a lot too.

I can not get my head around this at all. I honestly don't think I've ever played a game of video hockey where I wasn't the Leafs.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:14 PM   #274
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I *would* use the Capitals.
how do you know?

Old 10-02-2007, 08:26 PM   #275
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I have played this game and nothing else since getting it. I now sit at 24-15-1 in my first season with the Flames.

What level?

I ask that because I'm about to start my franchise once the opening day rosters come out and PRO seems to be fine right now as far as a challenge goes. I did play on AS last year, but it's tough this year.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:59 PM   #276
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Just beat the Redwings on PRO, what a game!

If NHL 2k8 had the same control scheme I would play it as much as this game!

Damn.. a goal really makes me feel like I'm a part of it.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:50 AM   #277
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
What level?

I ask that because I'm about to start my franchise once the opening day rosters come out and PRO seems to be fine right now as far as a challenge goes. I did play on AS last year, but it's tough this year.

Playing on Pro....on Pro, I seem to beat the teams I should beat but split with the teams that are tougher. If I bump it to All-Star I get beat just about eveyr game somewhere between 3-6 to 0-1. Just not fun.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:19 AM   #278
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I use random teams, but only because the Jets no longer exist. I've tried using the Coyotes and it isn't the same. So each game I just grab a different team, I try to use as many as possible, I think I've almost used every team at least one at this point.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:20 AM   #279
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Dola...

My brother played a ranked game online last night and shut out the dude ranked #43 overall. He is officially becoming too good at this game.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:21 AM   #280
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Dola...

My brother played a ranked game online last night and beat the dude ranked #43 overall. He is officially becoming too good at this game.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:21 AM   #281
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

holy crap what happened?!?

Umm.... sextuple-dola?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:23 AM   #282
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
I went .500 on pro for my first ten games or so, then figured it out and went on a 12-game win streak. I stopped playing when I beat a team 12-1. Pro is perfect for starting out, but you will master it relatively quickly.

That said, I'm 99% sure you can switch difficulty in mid-franchise, so play at whatever level gives you a good challenge and move up as you go.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:38 PM   #283
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I went .500 on pro for my first ten games or so, then figured it out and went on a 12-game win streak. I stopped playing when I beat a team 12-1. Pro is perfect for starting out, but you will master it relatively quickly.

That said, I'm 99% sure you can switch difficulty in mid-franchise, so play at whatever level gives you a good challenge and move up as you go.

Yes you can.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:04 PM   #284
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

I bought 2k8 today and it was sweet. The only problem that I still see is the lack of penalties especially for the AI teams. I returned it. Anyone want to give me the overall summary of this thread in regards to NHL '08?
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:14 PM   #285
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

How in the world do people get to return console games? I see people saying all the time that they returned a game they didn't like. I guess I'm buying from the wrong places because everyone tells me that I can only exchange an opened game for the same title. There aren't any returns.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:21 PM   #286
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
How in the world do people get to return console games? I see people saying all the time that they returned a game they didn't like. I guess I'm buying from the wrong places because everyone tells me that I can only exchange an opened game for the same title. There aren't any returns.
It's a white thing.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:23 PM   #287
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Anyone want to give me the overall summary of this thread in regards to NHL '08?
Most people love it, a few of us are a little less enthusiastic, but even the critics admits it's a lot of fun.

Basically the reviews range from "pretty good game" to "best sports game ever", with general agreement that it's at least the best version of EA hockey since the early 90s.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:26 PM   #288
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

It's a steep learning curve for sure. I'm still on PRO and last year, I was on Superstar before I knew it.

The AI is EXTREMELY tough. The rinks are much bigger than 2k8, the game plays smooth, graphics are crisp, and commentating reminds me of The Show.. EXCELLENT.

Contol scheme is the best of any sports game ever, imo. No speed bursts, hard to knock good players off the puck, etc..

2k8 has a better faceoff system and goalie animations.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:47 PM   #289
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

I was very happy with 2k8. Franchise mode was awesome. I just hated the penalties being set all at 100 and still not having a PP for a week etc. lame!
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:53 PM   #290
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Most people love it, a few of us are a little less enthusiastic, but even the critics admits it's a lot of fun.

Basically the reviews range from "pretty good game" to "best sports game ever", with general agreement that it's at least the best version of EA hockey since the early 90s.

What he said, but I would like to add that Goalie Mode is the coolest thing ever.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:14 PM   #291
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
I was very happy with 2k8. Franchise mode was awesome. I just hated the penalties being set all at 100 and still not having a PP for a week etc. lame!
I've had this same issue with NHL08. My theory is that the penalties in NHL08 (for both teams) are mapped to your actions. So if you hack and slash, you'll see lots of penalties. If you don't (and I don't because I didn't bother to learn the buttons for that) then nobody else on the ice does either.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:24 AM   #292
astrosfan64
College Prospect

I would like to add, that there is a very cool soundtrack in the game. I dig the music.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:44 AM   #293
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
I would like to add, that there is a very cool soundtrack in the game. I dig the music.

I said that I would buy the soundtrack if it was on CD.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:39 AM   #294
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
It's a white thing.
I tell you right now, within a week, you're gonna have Al Sharpton on your TV screaming, "How can our brothers and sisters sit around their homes and be stuck with a copy of Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights, while the white youngsters in this country get to bring it back and buy a brand new PS3 with their store credit? Our people are getting charged $900 for a PS3! This is an outrage!"
Old 10-04-2007, 09:09 AM   #295
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I tell you right now, within a week, you're gonna have Al Sharpton on your TV screaming, "How can our brothers and sisters sit around their homes and be stuck with a copy of Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights, while the white youngsters in this country get to bring it back and buy a brand new PS3 with their store credit? Our people are getting charged $900 for a PS3! This is an outrage!"
He could even organize a protest for all the black people who play NHL08. He could call it The One Man March.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:23 AM   #296
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
He could even organize a protest for all the black people who play NHL08. He could call it The One Man March.
I can't top that. You win.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:34 PM   #297
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Yay, I finally got NHL 08 today. Can anyone tell me where I can set "auto aim" for shots? I couldn't find it anywhere.
how do you know?

Old 10-06-2007, 06:12 PM   #298
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

If my memory serves, it should be on the screen right after the line selection screen, but I don't have the game in front of me.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:19 PM   #299
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Yay, I finally got NHL 08 today. Can anyone tell me where I can set "auto aim" for shots? I couldn't find it anywhere.
In dynasty mode, at least, you set this after you've chosen to play a game. It's on the screen after the uniform selection. Really odd that it's not a universal feature, you have to change it each time.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #300
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Ah, that explains it - I was looking all over for it under the various "settings" menus. Thanks!
how do you know?