Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-11-2006, 12:48 PM   #251
Swaggs
Coordinator

Stafford looked pretty solid on that last drive.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:56 PM   #252
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog View Post
DAWG BLESS YOU, TRA BATTLE!!!!!!

Ditto!!!! Three picks in the first half now, one returned for a TD, and another returned to the war chicken 20. In a season where we suck, there's NOBODY I'd rather beat than Auburn. I cannot tell you how much I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate them.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:05 PM   #253
st.cronin
General Manager

Anybody know the active leaders in qb wins? #1 is sorta obvious, #2 not so much.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:06 PM   #254
kingfc22
Head Coach

Go Georgia. Cal will inch even closer to the #2 spot in the BCS.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:08 PM   #255
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Anybody know the active leaders in qb wins? #1 is sorta obvious, #2 not so much.

I don't know who #1 is even... so it isn't that obvious.

I just heard that Stocco had started 35 straight before this game, so he could be one. Maybe JaMarcus Russell is the other?
Old 11-11-2006, 01:10 PM   #256
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I don't know who #1 is even... so it isn't that obvious.

I just heard that Stocco had started 35 straight before this game, so he could be one. Maybe JaMarcus Russell is the other?

#1 is Jared Zabransky
#2 is John Stocco, yes

edit - what's really amazing about this is that, as many Badger fans suspected, he has been at best the second best qb on the roster.

Tyler Donovan, through three quarters, in his first start: 14/18 202 yards, 9 rushes for 54 yards. He has looked GREAT.

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 11-11-2006 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:11 PM   #257
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr
I'm a wac fan, and CLEARLY Louisville, Rutgers, WV, Cinci, South Florida are better then most the ACC. this is sad.
I'm pretty sure this quote qualifies you as being a moron. Whether deserved or now, the ACC has had eight teams ranked in the top 25 at some point this season. Is it my fault that people on this board fail to acknowledge that fact? Everyone just wants to look at the padded rankings of the Big East's top three and declare them a real conference due to the fact that none of those three played any top 25 teams prior to November. Half the ACC would have been undefeated with WVU's schedule.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:18 PM   #258
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97 View Post
I'm pretty sure this quote qualifies you as being a moron. Whether deserved or now, the ACC has had eight teams ranked in the top 25 at some point this season. Is it my fault that people on this board fail to acknowledge that fact? Everyone just wants to look at the padded rankings of the Big East's top three and declare them a real conference due to the fact that none of those three played any top 25 teams prior to November. Half the ACC would have been undefeated with WVU's schedule.

Which half of the ACC has beaten Maryland? The only morons in this thread are the ones touting the ACC's greatness, like YOU. Face it, the ACC sucks this year.

knives out
Old 11-11-2006, 01:22 PM   #259
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

WVU beat Maryland by 28 points. Maryland has already beaten Virginia, NC State, Florida State, and Clemson. They don't play UNC or Duke but even you must admit that those teams are very bad this year, so there are half of your ACC teams right there that would not have gotten through WVU's OOC schedule.

You are a jaded ACC and VT fan. VT is better off in the long run in the ACC, but you seriously need to get over the Big East slamming. In most years, the ACC will be better than the Big East, but with Miami and Florida State having terrible seasons, this is not one of them.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:24 PM   #260
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Which half of the ACC has beaten Maryland? The only morons in this thread are the ones touting the ACC's greatness, like YOU. Face it, the ACC sucks this year.
You're using Maryland as a basis for your argument? Hah. Try that at the end of the year when they've lost their last three of the season to better conference teams. They'll lose to both BC and Wake and I would be surprised if they can beat Miami today. Using the Terps as a foundation for your insults is pitiful and it shows your lack of knowledge.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:27 PM   #261
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
You're using Maryland as a basis for your argument? Hah. Try that at the end of the year when they've lost their last three of the season to better conference teams. They'll lose to both BC and Wake and I would be surprised if they can beat Miami today. Using the Terps as a foundation for your insults is pitiful and it shows your lack of knowledge.

Considering your long history of incredibly stupid college football commentary on this board, I'm delighted to be called ignorant by you. I take it as a compliment!

knives out
Old 11-11-2006, 01:32 PM   #262
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
You are a jaded ACC and VT fan. VT is better off in the long run in the ACC, but you seriously need to get over the Big East slamming. In most years, the ACC will be better than the Big East, but with Miami and Florida State having terrible seasons, this is not one of them.
heh...the Big East 'slamming' is only a result of moronic people (not you) who have either claimed that the Big East is the best conference in the country or state the the top five teams in that conference would be ACC champions. What is humorous to me is that this is the second season of Louisville and WVU becoming consistant top 25 teams...and the first year Rutgers can say that. You'd think that the guys espousing their dominance would hold off on such statements until the conference can put together 3-4 years of something better than the mediocrity the Big East is known for before trying to put themselves into the top echelon of college football. Big East fans are like kids who just got a shiny new toy for Christmas and can't stop bragging about it to all their schoolmates. Never mind the fact that it took 10 straight bowl games for VT to get mentioned in pre-season top 10 discussions, you've got your new toy and everyone's got to know about it.

Quote:
Considering your long history of incredibly stupid college football commentary on this board, I'm delighted to be called ignorant by you. I take it as a compliment!
Sweet!

Last edited by VPI97 : 11-11-2006 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:40 PM   #263
Swaggs
Coordinator

Looks like WVU shook off the Louisville hangover. They lead Cincy, 42-10, going into the fourth.

Slaton and White are done for the day.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:41 PM   #264
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
heh...the Big East 'slamming' is only a result of moronic people (not you) who have either claimed that the Big East is the best conference in the country or state the the top five teams in that conference would be ACC champions. What is humorous to me is that this is the second season of Louisville and WVU becoming consistant top 25 teams...and the first year Rutgers can say that. You'd think that the guys espousing their dominance would hold off on such statements until the conference can put together 3-4 years of something better than the mediocrity the Big East is known for before trying to put themselves into the top echelon of college football. Big East fans are like kids who just got a shiny new toy for Christmas and can't stop bragging about it to all their schoolmates. Never mind the fact that it took 10 straight bowl games for VT to get mentioned in pre-season top 10 discussions, you've got your new toy and everyone's got to know about it.

You're a moron. Really. It doesn't matter what kind of facts are presented to you, you're so full of venom for WVU (who has been a perennial Top 25 team since ... oh, 1980) and for the Big East it's making you look foolish.

Oh, and by the way, WVU, Louisville or Rutgers WOULD be the ACC Champions. Easily.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 11-11-2006 at 01:42 PM.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:42 PM   #265
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

My tally, as if it will make a dent in this seemingly impenetrable wall-

ACC: 8 or 9 good teams, the rest are bad.

Big East: 2 elite teams, 1 very good team, 1 good team, and the rest are bad.

I'd say on an everage, looking at the per capita strength of each conference, they are equal. Considering the potential of either conference to produce a serious BCS contender, the Big East has a much greater potential for that this season, so I say the Big East is fairly obviously the more successful (and better) conference this season.

I can't really get a feel for what you could possibly say to back up your claim as at least being reasonable, VPI. Why are you so dead set on proving this when your argument doesn't even seem close to an unbiased observer who couldn't give two shits about the Big East or the ACC?

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:44 PM   #266
st.cronin
General Manager

I feel quite confident claiming that PITTSBURGH would likely go undefeated in the ACC this year.

knives out
Old 11-11-2006, 01:45 PM   #267
Joe
Pro Starter

lol
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:50 PM   #268
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
In most years, the ACC will be better than the Big East, but with Miami and Florida State having terrible seasons, this is not one of them.

There was more to the above post than this, but iwant to address this. This has been something Ihave heard for a while now. (not just in here but elsewhere) A part of the "badness" of the ACC in football this year is directly tied to these two programs. The ACC doesn't really have a rallying point ... a top 10 school . I think the main reason for us not having a "top team" is that people are slow to see the changes in power in a conference. (Rutgers is a good example too an undefeated 15th ranked team)
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:51 PM   #269
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I can't really get a feel for what you could possibly say to back up your claim as at least being reasonable, VPI. Why are you so dead set on proving this when your argument doesn't even seem close to an unbiased observer who couldn't give two shits about the Big East or the ACC?
...and what exactly do you think I'm claiming? I'm basically saying the same thing you are. The only difference is that while you list two teams as being elite in the big East, I would put them in the very good category by virtue of their records against top 25 competition...WVU is 1-1, L'ville is 1-1 and Rutgers is 1-0 against teams that have seen the top 25. Those aren't exactly eye-popping numbers, are they? On the flip side you have teams in the ACC who have multiple losses, but all of those are against top 25 competition. The only differnce I see between the teams at the top of both conferences is that the ACC teams have played more games against top 25 teams. That's why you see ACC teams with 2 losses and Big East teams with just one loss.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:53 PM   #270
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Looks like WVU shook off the Louisville hangover. They lead Cincy, 42-10, going into the fourth.

Slaton and White are done for the day.

I have a feeling that Louisville's next opponent will have a hangover like Cincy.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:56 PM   #271
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I feel quite confident claiming that PITTSBURGH would likely go undefeated in the ACC this year.

Ok. This is just ridiculous. Undefeated? I doubt this very much. If I had to give a range for Pittsburgh it would be 6-2 to 3-5. 6-2 would happen if they had a favorable schedule and have a few breaks. those breaks could easily go the other way.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:56 PM   #272
st.cronin
General Manager

Huge 3rd and 10 for Iowa here ...

knives out
Old 11-11-2006, 01:57 PM   #273
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Ok. This is just ridiculous. Undefeated? I doubt this very much. If I had to give a range for Pittsburgh it would be 6-2 to 3-5. 6-2 would happen if they had a favorable schedule and have a few breaks. those breaks could easily go the other way.

Yeah, you're right. That was probably hyperbole. I think they would be one of the better teams in the ACC.

knives out
Old 11-11-2006, 02:02 PM   #274
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
That's why you see ACC teams with 2 losses and Big East teams with just one loss.

No, it's because the Big East teams this year are much, MUCH BETTER than the ACC teams.

I honestly don't understand how someone can sit there and say that any of the ACC teams are better than WVU, Louisville or Rutgers.

Is it because people across the nation, as proven by the recent ratings of the last two Thursday night games, care and enjoy Big East games, whereas no one gives a damn if Virginia Tech wins or loses this year.

Again, jealousy is the key to most of VPI's postings.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 11-11-2006 at 02:03 PM.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:06 PM   #275
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Georgia Tech just escaped against UNC by a score of 7-0
Old 11-11-2006, 02:06 PM   #276
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Huge 3rd and 10 for Iowa here ...

And now a huge 4th and 7, basically for the ball game.

knives out
Old 11-11-2006, 02:08 PM   #277
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Illinois has put together what I may say is the worst half of play I have ever seen. Purdue is completely rolling over them now.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:08 PM   #278
Ben E Lou

Years from now, the football world will look back upon November 11th, 2006 as the day that Matthew Stafford arrived. Write it down.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:09 PM   #279
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Word.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:11 PM   #280
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
There was more to the above post than this, but iwant to address this. This has been something Ihave heard for a while now. (not just in here but elsewhere) A part of the "badness" of the ACC in football this year is directly tied to these two programs. The ACC doesn't really have a rallying point ... a top 10 school . I think the main reason for us not having a "top team" is that people are slow to see the changes in power in a conference. (Rutgers is a good example too an undefeated 15th ranked team)

I agree with you, to a point. Name recognition and, related to that, initial rankings in the polls, are huge in the national rankings. Think about this: If any of those five ranked ACC teams were undefeated, which would be in the hunt for the national title ahead of the many one-loss teams?

Based on their prestige and OOC records, I would guess only Virginia Tech and, maybe, Georgia Tech (and only GT because they would have a win over a "name" team in Notre Dame) would rank ahead of one-loss Texas, Florida, USC, Notre Dame, or Michigan/Ohio State.

A big part of the advantage that the ACC has over the Big East is in perception, in that, regardless of their current teams, Miami, Florida State, and nowadays VT, based on their past performance, will usually get the benefit of the doubt on how good they are until they prove they are not very good. The Big East "elite" and teams like Wake Forest, Boston College, and Maryland have to prove they are good. Hopefully (at least for me), if the Big East continues to do well, West Virginia and others will be granted a little bit of leeway that they are legitimately good.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:11 PM   #281
Ben E Lou

From UGASports.com:

Steve Patterson

Publisher & Owner UGASports.com
ADMIN
Be a good Dawg today

If things go bad today at Auburn, and you feel the need to voice your opinion with over the top criticism of players or use profanity, you will be blacklisted. All people blacklisted today will not be eligible to be taking off the blacklist until after the football season ends.

ROFLMBAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2006, 02:13 PM   #282
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog View Post
Years from now, the football world will look back upon November 11th, 2006 as the day that Matthew Stafford arrived. Write it down.

He is looking like Brett Favre (the peak years) today.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:13 PM   #283
Craptacular
College Starter

Well, even though they didn't beat any really good teams, the Badgers shocked me by going 7-1 in conference. I predicted 4-4, plus one OOC loss for a 7-5 record. Now they'll tie for second in conference and likely play in the Cap 1 Bowl again.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:17 PM   #284
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craptacular View Post
Well, even though they didn't beat any really good teams, the Badgers shocked me by going 7-1 in conference. I predicted 4-4, plus one OOC loss for a 7-5 record. Now they'll tie for second in conference and likely play in the Cap 1 Bowl again.

They had a great year, and look very well set up for a good run next year, with Donovan and Hill in the backfield.

knives out
Old 11-11-2006, 02:24 PM   #285
Craptacular
College Starter

The best news is that if Auburn loses, there won't be a UW - Auburn rematch. I'd like to see the Badgers play Florida, LSU, Arkansas or Tennessee.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:26 PM   #286
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craptacular View Post
The best news is that if Auburn loses, there won't be a UW - Auburn rematch. I'd like to see the Badgers play Florida, LSU, Arkansas or Tennessee.

I think that is more of a matter of when, not if...
Old 11-11-2006, 02:30 PM   #287
Ben E Lou

Quote:
I think that is more of a matter of when, not if...
War Damn Chikken!
Old 11-11-2006, 02:32 PM   #288
Ben E Lou

The War Chikken maintenance staff is now getting the hoses ready.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:35 PM   #289
Swaggs
Coordinator

So, how far does Auburn drop? Are they still in BCS at-large range?
Old 11-11-2006, 02:37 PM   #290
timmynausea
College Starter

Stafford did look awesome today.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:39 PM   #291
Swaggs
Coordinator

timmy, did you hear what the status is on Schmitt? They cut the game on ESPN2 to go to the UNC-GT game here.

I heard he left the game, but I'm out of radio range.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:41 PM   #292
Ben E Lou

I haven't been this happy over a football win since....since...well, since Tucker beat Marist earlier this year in another huge upset.

But still, this was SO much fun. I hate Auburn WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than I hate Marist. The fact that we suck this year only makes this one that much sweeter. If we went 1-11, I'd want the one win to be over those punks. Dawg how I hate Auburn.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAWGS!!! SIC 'EM!!! WOOF WOOF WOOF!
Old 11-11-2006, 02:42 PM   #293
vtbub
College Starter

Quote:

Only if Arkansas collapses.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:46 PM   #294
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Auburn didn't do Texas any favors today. I'm a big fan of the Ole' Ball Coach, at least for the next few hours.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 11-11-2006 at 03:13 PM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:52 PM   #295
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
timmy, did you hear what the status is on Schmitt? They cut the game on ESPN2 to go to the UNC-GT game here.

I heard he left the game, but I'm out of radio range.

They cut away for us, too, and I'm in Michigan so no radio for me, either. Was he out there in the third quarter? I did notice he was limping a little bit after he pulled that Leonard leap in the first half.

Last edited by timmynausea : 11-11-2006 at 02:53 PM.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 03:05 PM   #296
-Mojo Jojo-
High School Varsity

Quote:
#1 is Jared Zabransky
#2 is John Stocco, yes

edit - what's really amazing about this is that, as many Badger fans suspected, he has been at best the second best qb on the roster.

Tyler Donovan, through three quarters, in his first start: 14/18 202 yards, 9 rushes for 54 yards. He has looked GREAT.

I didn't realize there was still so much hostility towards Stocco. He's done a bang-up job this year. I'd probably only rate him behind Bollinger among Badger QB's in the Alvarez-and-after era. I have to say today's game has made me feel a lot better about next year after Donovan's disastrous appearance in the Western Michigan game. We'll have 9 offensive starters back. If Donovan plays anything like he did today, they'll do some damage.
-Mojo Jojo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #297
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:

I think they'd still be in the range, but the bigger problem for them is the limit of two teams from one conference in the BCS. Obviously, there are a lot of games to be played, but Florida, Arkansas, Tennessee, and LSU are all still in the BCS running as well. The BCS bowls can take anyone in the top 14, which Auburn certainly will be in if they beat Alabama. However, if LSU or Tennessee run the table, or if Florida and Arkansas run the table until the SEC title game, would one of those bowls choose Auburn over LSU, Tenn or the SEC loser?
Old 11-11-2006, 03:13 PM   #298
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mojo Jojo- View Post
I didn't realize there was still so much hostility towards Stocco. He's done a bang-up job this year. I'd probably only rate him behind Bollinger among Badger QB's in the Alvarez-and-after era. I have to say today's game has made me feel a lot better about next year after Donovan's disastrous appearance in the Western Michigan game. We'll have 9 offensive starters back. If Donovan plays anything like he did today, they'll do some damage.

I don't remember the Western Michigan game, but every time I've seen Donovan play he's looked really quick, in terms of his feet, release, and making decisions.

I like Stocco, and his development has certainly been surprising and enjoyable, but you have to admit he's pretty maddening to watch when he's not at his best.

edit - I put Stocco 1st in the Alvarez era, but that's not really saying much.

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 11-11-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:20 PM   #299
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Is it possible to fire Larry Coker in the middle of the game?

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 03:20 PM   #300
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
After (another on the season) Florida FG miss, South Carolina marches down the field to take a 7-0 lead.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote