Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-17-2005, 01:01 PM   #251
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
Um, you can't snap the ball if the other team is doing an audible? Gee, I can just imagine people killing their opponent's two-minute drill just by doing audibles over and over.

Good point. Of course, I avoid playing with cheesers anyway, so that doesn't concern me.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:02 PM   #252
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Um, you can't snap the ball if the other team is doing an audible? Gee, I can just imagine people killing their opponent's two-minute drill just by doing audibles over and over.

Wow, yeah, the cheese-kids will love this shit.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:43 PM   #253
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm sure there's a fix for online play, but I could care less.. I don't play online.

I'll take that 6 hours with Madden impressions with a grain of salt, but now I'm really pumped about this game and starting a career with my Rams.

EF,

I will be at Walmart early to wait in line for this puppy. Someone told me they were giving out tickets on Monday and then you could come back and pick up your system at midnight.. I just called them and they told me, at midnight -- first come, first serve.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 11-17-2005 at 01:44 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:45 PM   #254
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Waaah. I have to wait until Christmas for mine.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:29 PM   #255
dervack
College Prospect

Midnight Monday I will have the system and Perfect Dark, and Tuesday afternoon, I'll have the Madden.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:34 PM   #256
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I will be at Walmart early to wait in line for this puppy. Someone told me they were giving out tickets on Monday and then you could come back and pick up your system at midnight.. I just called them and they told me, at midnight -- first come, first serve.
I'm thinking about going down to ours at 6 pm. Is it tickets or first come, first serve for you?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:43 PM   #257
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Damn... I just played Call of Duty 2 at Circuit City on an XBox360... WOW! That looked freaking amazing!

Though I won't be getting the system until next year .
Old 11-17-2005, 05:48 PM   #258
Raiders Army
Coordinator

But you know you want to get it now....
Old 11-17-2005, 06:33 PM   #259
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I'm thinking about going down to ours at 6 pm. Is it tickets or first come, first serve for you?

FC, FS for me.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:00 PM   #260
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Our Walmart said you could queue up at Layaway... not sure starting when... guess I'll go there at 6:00ish and watch people eat Frito pies...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:40 PM   #261
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I just got an automated call from GameStop today letting me know that I probably won't get my XBox 360 until after Christmas. Oops.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:29 PM   #262
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm sure there's a fix for online play, but I could care less.. I don't play online.

I'll take that 6 hours with Madden impressions with a grain of salt, but now I'm really pumped about this game and starting a career with my Rams.

EF,

My plan is to call Monday afternoon to my EB Games to see if it looks like my pre-order is still coming. If not, I'll head off to Walmart when I get off work (around 7:00 PM.) Hopefully, it won't be too late to get a good spot in line...
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:59 PM   #263
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I just got an automated call from GameStop today letting me know that I probably won't get my XBox 360 until after Christmas. Oops.
I hate the bastards.. I trade in my psp among other things. They tell me I will most likely be first shipment.. Then they call me today to tell me I am on second shipment by 6 people! Why did they add that part in there? I really want to pick one up somewhere else, but I guess we will see how patient I can be. And btw, I already have Madden 06 for 360 sitting on my counter! Another thing is, they don't know when the second shipment is even going to come in.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:44 AM   #264
spleen1015
Coordinator

I have Tony Hawk and Tiger Woods sitting here in front of me. I am really thinking about taking Tony Hawk back and getting Call of Duty 2. Only thing is, my son can't play CoD2.

Decisions.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 09:52 AM   #265
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway
Why did they add that part in there?

Probably to show you how close you are to the first shipment and that you probably are guaranteed one for the second shipment. Are shipment #'s set in stone right now? I'm still under the impression they could change a bit... Heck, If I'm on a waiting list, I always like to know whereabouts I'm positioned...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 11-18-2005, 09:53 AM   #266
dervack
College Prospect

For the people that are going to Walmart, the rumor running around is that the "bigger" Wal-Marts are only getting 10, and smaller ones, only 3. I'd call your Wal-Mart and see if you can get an idea of what they are going to have.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:55 AM   #267
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway
I hate the bastards.. I trade in my psp among other things. They tell me I will most likely be first shipment.. Then they call me today to tell me I am on second shipment by 6 people! Why did they add that part in there? I really want to pick one up somewhere else, but I guess we will see how patient I can be. And btw, I already have Madden 06 for 360 sitting on my counter! Another thing is, they don't know when the second shipment is even going to come in.
Actually, I would say that might be good news for you. The place that I'm getting it from is holding the system for 24 hours, after that, they go to the next on the list. If 6 people from Gamestop don't pick it up, you may still be able to get it soon.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:55 AM   #268
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack
For the people that are going to Walmart, the rumor running around is that the "bigger" Wal-Marts are only getting 10, and smaller ones, only 3. I'd call your Wal-Mart and see if you can get an idea of what they are going to have.

Cool, nerd fights.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:18 AM   #269
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm not going to go overboard here, if I can't get one, I just might order a new X800GT video card. I could then play COD 2 and HL2. I figure next year the Xbox 360 and PS3 will have a price war anyhow and more games will be out by then, BUT I will make an effort to pickup one.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:00 PM   #270
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not going to go overboard here, if I can't get one, I just might order a new X800GT video card. I could then play COD 2 and HL2. I figure next year the Xbox 360 and PS3 will have a price war anyhow and more games will be out by then, BUT I will make an effort to pickup one.

Do you have a Best Buy close? I would stand at their door for opening on Tuesday morning.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:00 PM   #271
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

My wife has offered to try to get one on launch day (although I'd have to camp out Wal-Mart or Best Buy, no doubt). The thing is that she's getting me the XBox 360 as a Christmas gift. Now I have to decide if I want to bother with the lines at the stores or if I just want to wait for GameStop to sell me the one that I've reserved with them. If I could actually play with the darn machine before Christmas, there wouldn't be any question. I'd be there on Monday evening waiting. My wife has already told me, however, that even if I come home with an XBox 360 on Tuesday morning, she's going to wrap it and make me wait until Christmas.

Decisions, decisions.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:02 PM   #272
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
K.I.S.S.

The more complicated you make things, the less people will feel comfortable doing them. No one will want to feel like a fool and shell out $100 extra for something that they don't need. But no one will want to feel like a fool and miss out on great features. The more choices you give people, the more likely they are to 1.) wait and see what others do, and 2.) just keep it simple and buy a PS3. Neither of those really plays into Microsoft's hands.

It might be too early to tell, but based on the rabid reactions in this thread, it seems like I was way wrong in assuming that the dual-pricing hard-drive thing will be an issue for people.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 12:03 PM   #273
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
My wife has offered to try to get one on launch day (although I'd have to camp out Wal-Mart or Best Buy, no doubt). The thing is that she's getting me the XBox 360 as a Christmas gift. Now I have to decide if I want to bother with the lines at the stores or if I just want to wait for GameStop to sell me the one that I've reserved with them. If I could actually play with the darn machine before Christmas, there wouldn't be any question. I'd be there on Monday evening waiting. My wife has already told me, however, that even if I come home with an XBox 360 on Tuesday morning, she's going to wrap it and make me wait until Christmas.

Decisions, decisions.

No decision. If you have to wait, why do you care if it is in your house or not?

FWIW, Mrs. A is the same way about presents. Freakin' annoying. That's what that is.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 12:06 PM   #274
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
No decision. If you have to wait, why do you care if it is in your house or not?
Normally, you're right. It would be easy. The problem is that GameStop has no idea when they'll be able to sell me the one that I reserved. It's supposed to be a Christmas present, and if they can't sell me on until the middle of January, for instance, it's going to take a lot of the air out of my Christmas fun. This is pretty much the only gift that I'm getting.

Quote:
FWIW, Mrs. A is the same way about presents. Freakin' annoying. That's what that is.
You got that right, mister.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:09 PM   #275
Raiders Army
Coordinator

It's my birthday present for next Saturday/Christmas present. I told my wife she could stick a bow on it on the evening of the 24th.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:10 PM   #276
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Decisions, decisions.

Maybe you'd have a better chance of landing one if you avoid the pittsburgh city Wal Marts and come out towards BFE PA?
Old 11-18-2005, 12:10 PM   #277
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
Do you have a Best Buy close? I would stand at their door for opening on Tuesday morning.

I have to work, unfortunetly.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:11 PM   #278
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Maybe you'd have a better chance of landing one if you avoid the pittsburgh city Wal Marts and come out towards BFE PA?

Well, as you can see, I live in Greensburg. Is that far enough out, or do I have to go to like Ligonier or something?
Old 11-18-2005, 12:12 PM   #279
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

BTW, my wife offered to let me put a bow on her so she could stand in for the XBox 360 on Christmas morning. Sadly, the last time we tried that, I hurt her when I tried to flick the right thumbstick while pressing the shoulder buttons.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:18 PM   #280
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
BTW, my wife offered to let me put a bow on her so she could stand in for the XBox 360 on Christmas morning. Sadly, the last time we tried that, I hurt her when I tried to flick the right thumbstick while pressing the shoulder buttons.

perhaps you were on to high a difficulty?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 12:23 PM   #281
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
perhaps you were on to high a difficulty?

Perhaps. I miss the days when controllers had "turbo switches."
Old 11-18-2005, 12:27 PM   #282
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

Decisions, decisions.

If you can't have it on Tuesday, why get it on Tuesday?

EDIT - Already answered!

Man, there is no way I would let my wife pull this. Of course, she also knows that it wouldn't fly with me. I would open it and play with it and deal with her being pissed off.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 11-18-2005 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:29 PM   #283
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
If you can't have it on Tuesday, why get it on Tuesday?

To screw somebody else.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:34 PM   #284
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
To screw somebody else.

Speaking of which.. I wonder how many people are buying it just to resell to make a profit, resell to make a profit and buy one later or buying to play.

Can't understand the whole thing of paying hundreds of dollars over retail when these things will be plentiful post X-mas. Maybe it is because they feel little Johnny won't love them or something...

*shrug*
Old 11-18-2005, 12:40 PM   #285
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Man, there is no way I would let my wife pull this. Of course, she also knows that it wouldn't fly with me. I would open it and play with it and deal with her being pissed off.

She's the one giving me the gift. If the situation were reversed, I'd have no problem with her using the present before Christmas, but she's different. I don't have to like it (and I don't), but she's the one paying for it. She gets to decide when I get the present.

I'll admit that I'd be very unhappy if I had to stand in line by myself to get a present that I can't use for a month. Given that she's a college professor and teaches a class at 9:30 on Tuesday mornings, she would be unable to wait in line with me for Best Buy to open. She could wait with me at Wal-Mart the night before, though. I don't know if she would be willing to do that or not, because I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. If I end up asking her to wait at Wal-Mart with me on Monday night and she says no, well, I won't be happy.

Whatever the case, my choices are basically playing with my XBox 360 on Christmas Day (if I managed to get my hands on one) or not getting my XBox 360 until sometime after Christmas. I haven't decided which I'm going to do yet.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:47 PM   #286
Anthony
Banned

you'll survive. it's not the end of the world if you don't get a 360.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:49 PM   #287
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I want some Cabbage Patch style uprising to break out.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:53 PM   #288
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
Speaking of which.. I wonder how many people are buying it just to resell to make a profit, resell to make a profit and buy one later or buying to play.

Can't understand the whole thing of paying hundreds of dollars over retail when these things will be plentiful post X-mas. Maybe it is because they feel little Johnny won't love them or something...

*shrug*

Well, as to the first part, if you're a college student who isn't exactly raking it in and you get an extra $200 on ebay to stand in line a few hours, wouldn't you consider it?

As for the paying hundreds over retail- hell, look at all the people in this thread talking about camping out for hours just to get one for personal use. If you're Daddy Doctor or Mommy Lawyer and like buying your spoiled kid's love and have a job that prohibits you from waiting out in the rain outside the Schenectady, NY Wal Mart for 10 hours and have $200 to burn, why not?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 12:55 PM   #289
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
you'll survive. it's not the end of the world if you don't get a 360.

I don't mean to imply that it is the end of the world. If I choose to try to get one on Tuesday, it's not because I GOTTAHAVEITGOTTAHAVEITGOTTAHAVEIT. I'll do it because I'll have the means and the opportunity to do so. If I had kids that I'd be neglecting in order to stand in line or if I was taking December's rent money to make this purchase on November 22, that would be going overboard on my part. In reality, all I'm saying is that I didn't intend to be in this position, because we'd heard all along that we would very likely have the XBox 360 before Christmas. Now, thanks to the phone call I got last night, the situation has changed. I just need to decide if I want to do anything about it.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:10 PM   #290
Anthony
Banned

i refuse to camp out on line for anything. this is artificially creating demand on MS' part, no need to decrease the supply just to get people in a tizzy.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:48 PM   #291
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Well, as to the first part, if you're a college student who isn't exactly raking it in and you get an extra $200 on ebay to stand in line a few hours, wouldn't you consider it?

Don't take my comments as anti-scalping or anything.. just a generic question. I'm definitely a capitalistic pro-profit pig on things of this nature (unnecessary material objects)

Which is why there is a conflict.. stand in line.. get a system for myself or stand in line and get a system to sell and get one later.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:55 PM   #292
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Boy that Circuit city linky for the sale today is taking some serious pounding.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:14 PM   #293
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Boy that Circuit city linky for the sale today is taking some serious pounding.

Have you been able to get through ? Farthest I can get is to my cart then all sorts of errors.
mtolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 02:15 PM   #294
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolson
Have you been able to get through ? Farthest I can get is to my cart then all sorts of errors.
ditto. I gave up and will wait it out at Walmart.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:39 PM   #295
jbmagic
Pro Starter

why are the xbox 360 games like Madden release already in stores before the xbox 360 unit comes out?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 02:51 PM   #296
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
ditto. I gave up and will wait it out at Walmart.

" We're updating our site with new products and information. Please check back in a few minutes. "

We broke it !!!!!!!!!!!
mtolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 03:15 PM   #297
SackAttack
Head Coach

Just a word of warning, guys.

those of you who get the premium 360's, be careful when you put the batteries into the wireless controllers. If you slide them in, they'll latch naturally, and you'll be fine.

If you push them in, the contacts won't recognize the batteries.

I learned that the hard way last night.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 03:31 PM   #298
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Anyone who is getting it, do you go for the Core 360 system if one is available(assuming no premiums), or do you wait for the Premium.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:41 PM   #299
Philliesfan980
Banned

I'd say that you should wait for the premium. Who wants to deal with memory cards.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 03:56 PM   #300
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Anyone who is getting it, do you go for the Core 360 system if one is available(assuming no premiums), or do you wait for the Premium.

Well, the premium one basically comes with the hard drive, the headset, the component cables, the ethernet cable, and an upgrade from corded to cordless on the controller.

Look at your situation. Do you have a component- or progressive scan-capable TV? If not, you can hold off on those cables a while. Do you have an ethernet cable of your own already? I did. The cable that comes with the premium SKU is still sitting in the box. if that's the case, you won't need that. Headset? If you have an original Xbox and Xbox Live, that headset is compatible. If you've still got it, you won't need the one that comes with the Premium.

So here's what it comes down to: if you have the other stuff already, what you're getting is a wireless controller and a hard drive. You can pick the hard drive up for $100, so it comes down to how valuable that wireless controller is to you. If you absolutely have to have it, wait until a premium is available.

If you want the system more badly than you do the wireless controller, pick up the Core System and get the hard drive to accompany it. It'll be the same price, you'll just have a USB controller instead.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote