Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #251
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Be interesting to see her Heisman pose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:50 PM   #252
MrBug708
Head Coach

Thoughts out to USC's best running back, Stefan Johnson. He had a weight bar crush his neck/throat and was rushed into surgery.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #253
bhlloy
Coordinator

fuuuuuuck... one of my favorite college players ever, if not my favorite. Hope he's ok
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #254
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Thoughts out to USC's best running back, Stefan Johnson. He had a weight bar crush his neck/throat and was rushed into surgery.

While I disagree with him being USC's best back, I certainly hope for the best for Stefan. Scary stuff.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #255
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo View Post
Really, really too bad for Baylor. They were making huge strides and were on their way to having a very nice year. But Griffin was key to almost all of that.

Yes he was.. sad news indeed.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:12 PM   #256
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
While I disagree with him being USC's best back, I certainly hope for the best for Stefan. Scary stuff.
+1. Like the USC coach said, I've seen weights drop on the chest and that's scary enough - sounds like the surgery went well enough any risk of paralysis is off the table, which is what really matters. On the football side, I agree that McKnight is the better back overall.

Speaking of highly-touted running back prospects coming out of SEC country - Trent Richardson of Alabama. Wow. It's almost certainly jumping the gun, but I'm driving that bandwagon. He's the best back I've seen since, well, 2 years ago when AP was still in school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I think once the computers and SOS gets factored in that at least 6 teams with 1 loss would get into the National Championship Game ahead of Boise St. BCS is going to be a clusterfuck this year if 2 power house teams don't go undefeated.
If things play out according to form (and knowing college football it won't, but play along) Boise St would be 3rd at best in the computers among non-BCS teams behind TCU, Houston and maybe BYU. The Oregon win looks like a marquee win now and Fresno St/Bowling Green have 3 close road losses to Top 25 teams, but since Margin of Victory doesn't count, all that matters is the 3 non-Oregon teams are 1-10 against D1 teams. The rest of the schedule is the WAC (6-14 against 1A teams, with one win over a BCS team {Hawaii @ Washington St.}) and FCS UC-Davis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
Just stunning that such a team (LSU) is #4 in the nation. Although I suppose if we win, even if we do it ugly, on the road against UGA, we would have earned that ranking a bit more.
Definitely agree with that, but who do you put there now? Last week I didn't want to put Cal, Penn St, Ole Miss or LSU up there (and I did want to put Miami up there so I'm not infallible) and now it's even worse. Does Iowa jump up 3 weeks removed from needed 2 blocked FG's to beat an FCS team at home? South Florida because they started 3-0 against FCS teams, then play out of their minds against a team from the Florida trinity that passed on recruiting them? No thanks - I've seen that script in the past and it ends with a blowout loss on the road at Syracuse or Pitt - and they'll probably beat Cincy at home in the middle. Cincy after they got run over by Fresno St? Auburn when their defense is a sieve? Va Tech's the only team whose sole loss is to one of the top 3 but they needed a miracle to beat Nebraska at home. Boise St feels like a cop-out in that they're the most likely to go undefeated (because the two best teams they play the rest of the way are Tulsa and Idaho,) but how many would really pick them on a neutral field against the previously mentioned teams or the 1-loss teams like USC, OSU and Oklahoma? I love touting TCU and Houston as similar BCS-busters with good resumes, but I wouldn't put them higher than Boise St. now.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 09-28-2009 at 10:15 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote