Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #251
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
I believe it continues on too season 2... there is no end! wooooooo!

Oh. I was hoping to find a league to join.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:43 PM   #252
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Oh. I was hoping to find a league to join.

ask and you shall recieve!

2nd FOFC Bloodbowl League - Front Office Football Central I think theres 2 spots left?
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:26 AM   #253
aran
High School Varsity

There are as many slots left as we can find players to fill them (provided those players put their lot in before Wednesday evening).
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #254
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Hey Marc, I'm going out of town Friday morning through Monday night. Any chance you can play tonight? If not, what time is good for you this week?

Tonight if good if you're about ...
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #255
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm not going to be able to play tonight. I get out of work around 3:00 PM central tomorrow. How does tomorrow afternoon or evening look for you?
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #256
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Cyanide speaks:

"We have many things planned. Especially for the multiplayer part of the game with more private league customizations, a matchmaking feature, a GUI overhaul and more surprises that will be announced in time.
Also players waiting for new contents should be glad to know that things will get lively over the next weeks."

sounds like new content (The Dark Elves/Undead?) etcetera coming soon
Old 07-28-2009, 07:23 PM   #257
gstelmack
Pro Starter

That's wonderful. Not a single mention of the AI, broken career progression, etc?
Old 07-28-2009, 07:39 PM   #258
Calis
College Starter

Didn't think we'd see the new races until the NA release, so that's good news. It might get me a little more interested in the SP again. As of now I haven't played the game apart from online league matches for a couple weeks.

Would like to have seen the AI mentioned both in-game and in their skill selection. Seems like solo play always takes the backseat to multi though in these deals. The multi crowd are more vocal.

At least we're getting something. I still can't believe they didn't have a matchmaking system in place. That's basically unforgivable at this point. Boggles the mind.

Sounds good though, hopefully this is just the beginning.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #259
Havok
College Starter

Single player is a joke, and if anyone is even sort of struggling with it, they shouldn't go anywhere near Fumbbl. I don't know a dam thing about programming, but i seriously could have done a better job coding the A.I. in all aspects of the game.

I also think looking for games in multiplayer isn't much better. Hell im back playing at FUMBBL right now. The only reason i left was that i really dislike a few things with LRB4. Such as aging from skill ups, the way niggling injuries is handled, Razor Sharp Claws, and the overpowered dirty player skill.

But they are working on LRB5 right now so hopefully that will be implemented in the next few months.

I still have high hopes for the Video game and i look forward to our FOFC league, but overall im extremely disappointed with the game.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #260
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Single player is a joke, and if anyone is even sort of struggling with it, they shouldn't go anywhere near Fumbbl. I don't know a dam thing about programming, but i seriously could have done a better job coding the A.I. in all aspects of the game.

I never had any faith that the AI would behave like even a low-level human player - Blood Bowl AI would be far harder to code than an AI chess program - but there are still a few unforgivable sins made that could have been avoided. The main two that stick out are all races pretty much playing the same, and, worst of all, the AI's lack of awareness re: how many turns left in the half.

Combine those with random skill choices, and you're going up against an AI that should only beat you with a lot of luck, or lack of experience with the BB rules.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:34 AM   #261
WVUFAN
College Starter

So is this game still available for purchase, or was it a one-time deal for only pre-orders?

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #262
RendeR
Coordinator

You can get it from cyanide's site.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #263
RendeR
Coordinator

Havok: I'm not defending the game itself, but the game gets harder as you progress through things. I saw exactly what everyone else has stated in the first 3-4 seasons of a championship, but there is a definitely improvement by the AI as you get higher in the ranks. Maybe I'm just not that good of a player but I was winning every game in the early seasons and I'm fighting for draws in season 6 (up to level 5 of 9)
Old 07-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #264
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post

I also think looking for games in multiplayer isn't much better. Hell im back playing at FUMBBL right now. The only reason i left was that i really dislike a few things with LRB4. Such as aging from skill ups, the way niggling injuries is handled, Razor Sharp Claws, and the overpowered dirty player skill.

But they are working on LRB5 right now so hopefully that will be implemented in the next few months.

I still have high hopes for the Video game and i look forward to our FOFC league, but overall im extremely disappointed with the game.

How long have you played the Single Player Campaign? (or a single player customized championship?)
Old 07-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #265
KWhit
Coordinator

Chinaski,

I think we play each other this week. I'm available tonight if you are.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #266
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
How long have you played the Single Player Campaign? (or a single player customized championship?)

I've played probably 30ish games in single player and I've given up maybe 3 or 4 touchdowns total. I also played 3 games with Gobo's, who totally suck, and i only gave up 1 TD in those 3 games. With that said, i only consider myself to be an average coach at BEST, over at FUMBBL.

But its not just the AI during the games, its the complete and utter ridiculousness of the AI when selecting skills for their players. Big guys with sure hands and leap just makes me want to head butt the monitor. How does something like that 'slip' past the developers? And my final grip is the way other games are simulated during campaigns/competitions. Its literally, one team wins and is assigned a couple touchdowns, and then it just randomly gives out injuries to players. Its NOTHING like FOF which actually simulates the games based on skills and so fourth.

I just get the feeling that Cynaide completely half-assed everything outside of the interpretation of the rules. FUMBBL does absoultely everything better in multiplayer mode, from the way leagues are handled, to keeping coaches match histories readily available, to handling stats, etc.. You name it, they do it better. The only thing Cynaide does better is the graphics, which means very little to me, and the fact that they are using LRB5 instead of using LRB4.

But again, i will say that i still have high hopes for the game, i just don't understand why they didn't look at FUMBBL and high-jack the best parts of it.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:18 PM   #267
RendeR
Coordinator

Anyone had an Axxon sighting? I PM'd him a couple days back but I haven't seen him online since?
Old 07-31-2009, 02:31 PM   #268
KWhit
Coordinator

Same with chinaski. I haven't heard from him since I PMed him on Wednesday.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:39 PM   #269
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Anyone had an Axxon sighting? I PM'd him a couple days back but I haven't seen him online since?

Sorry about that. Had a very hectic week. I'm game for the weekend. Sunday would be the best but I can do monday too. Tomorrow evening would be plan three. Let me know if any of these work for you.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:31 PM   #270
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
Sorry about that. Had a very hectic week. I'm game for the weekend. Sunday would be the best but I can do monday too. Tomorrow evening would be plan three. Let me know if any of these work for you.

I should be able to do Sunday evening, say 9-ish? later is fine but thats about the best I can do earlier.

Monday I think I'm good anytime but let me know what times work for you and I'll pick the best fit.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:10 AM   #271
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Same with chinaski. I haven't heard from him since I PMed him on Wednesday.

Sorry Kwhit, ive been here, just havent been able to forecast a reliable time to play. If youre around tomorrow or Sunday, ill most likely to make any time.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #272
KWhit
Coordinator

Chinaski and I just played a great game. I pulled it out 1-0 and it was a nail-biter. Great game, chinaski. Tough luck.

And sorry about killing that guy.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:14 AM   #273
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Chinaski and I just played a great game. I pulled it out 1-0 and it was a nail-biter. Great game, chinaski. Tough luck.

And sorry about killing that guy.

was indeed a great game, never had one so defensive. You controlled the ball perfectly. I keep wondering how it would of went if I hadnt moved my gutter runner to the sideline that very first play
Old 08-02-2009, 01:17 AM   #274
aran
High School Varsity

I don't mean to impinge, but we just had a slot open up in the 2nd league and we need that spot filled if we want to get this thing started. Anyone interested who hasn't already signed up?
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #275
KWhit
Coordinator

Yeah, I'll play in it.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #276
RendeR
Coordinator

Big apology to Axxon, I wasn't around till just now today. Lets try and get our game in tomorrow?!?
Old 08-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #277
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Big apology to Axxon, I wasn't around till just now today. Lets try and get our game in tomorrow?!?
Send me a PM when you're ready. I should be around off and on all day.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #278
RendeR
Coordinator

Ok I just got fucked.

We're tied 0-0, Axxon has computer issues. Can't move/play anything.

I wondered if we both abandon the match if it would allow us to replay it.

In doing so I gave up a 2-0 loss???

Christ. Its not bad enough my guys are made of paper, but holy hell.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #279
Axxon
Pro Starter

This would not get off my screen and still is there in the game. No idea what it means, how it got there, or more importantly, how to end it.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #280
Axxon
Pro Starter

Bad all the way around Render. Are your injured guys still injured? That would be something if not. Anyway, I was about to go up 1-0 but the game was far from over.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #281
RendeR
Coordinator

Yeah I shoulda just let it sit, worst case then it woulda been a draw
Old 08-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #282
Axxon
Pro Starter

Ps, on the log, lots of stress knowing that time was winding down. A bit of frustration no doubt.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #283
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:

Apparently you didn't see my warning in time?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #284
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:

I really think I'd have pulled it out without that though. I had one more turn to burn before you could even possibly get a guy to me leaving you at best 3 turns to tie but I'm sure you feel differently.

I can't understand no save and resume or any way to not wreck a game over something like this. It may add to the excitement but it's pretty shoddy IMHO.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:43 PM   #285
RendeR
Coordinator

Yeah, still got two guys out for the next game, one of them lost an armor point. Teach me to act without asking someone first =(
Old 08-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #286
RendeR
Coordinator

No I missed your warning completely. I can score in 3 turns if my thrower doesn't drop the pass behind him attempting the play.

One die roll would have handed you that TD, if that die roll succeeds the ball is 4 yards from your goal and you gotta knock my guys down to get to him.

such is the life in BB.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #287
Axxon
Pro Starter

I still can't get it to stop. Tried these common ones.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #288
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
No I missed your warning completely. I can score in 3 turns if my thrower doesn't drop the pass behind him attempting the play.

One die roll would have handed you that TD, if that die roll succeeds the ball is 4 yards from your goal and you gotta knock my guys down to get to him.

such is the life in BB.

Agreed, but I gotta say, in that situation, I'd much rather play my side than yours. No guarantee you'd have had 3 turns either. You had no one not tied up that was even close.

Anyway, very unsatisfying ending for both of us.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #289
RendeR
Coordinator

What is that console you have open to do that in? I don't even know how you got to that.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #290
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
What is that console you have open to do that in? I don't even know how you got to that.

It just popped up. I've hit every key on the keyboard to no effect. Maybe it has ctrl or alt or something but I have no idea. I wasn't really using the keyboard at the time. SHURG. Notice no cancel button. The green button gets the precompile syntax error. I have no clue. I'm leaving it up in case someone has any ideas to try before it happens to someone else.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:01 PM   #291
Axxon
Pro Starter

Also, I had rebooted to play the game because the new update made me. Now, could this have something to do with the update in some way? Some new "feature" or something.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #292
Axxon
Pro Starter

Well crap, totally bs feature but I found out what the deal is.
Quote:
its triggered and closed by the properties key, located to the left of your right ctrl key.

Apparently I hadn't tried ThAT key. I never even realized it was a key. This sucks.

hxxp://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:sbZBNwnvlQcJ:404 Not Found
Old 08-03-2009, 11:47 PM   #293
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I just got back into town. I'm around almost anytime tomorrow after 3 PM central. Let me know if that works, Marc.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:25 AM   #294
RendeR
Coordinator

*Bump* where we at there Fozzie?
Old 08-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #295
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Marc PM'd me today that he probably won't be able to play this weekend or anytime real soon since he is traveling. Is there a way for you to just advance it and let the CPU decide it, Fozzie?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #296
Axxon
Pro Starter

Bump.

Any updates on where we stand?
Old 08-17-2009, 05:07 PM   #297
Axxon
Pro Starter

BUmp???
Old 08-18-2009, 08:54 AM   #298
RendeR
Coordinator

methinks this has died until cyanide fixes some shit.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #299
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I just got home.. let me catch up
Old 08-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #300
RendeR
Coordinator

Oh heck thats right you said you were away for awhile. Sorry Fozzie =)