Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #251
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
This season kicks ass!

Chloe has got to get an All-Pro nod for her efforts.
Concur!!!
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:31 AM   #252
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I hope not, I like his character.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:32 AM   #253
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: which in this season could mean that he won't make it through the season.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:11 AM   #254
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

I was surpised to see William Devane back as Heller as he is on that Fred Savage sitcom (it could have been cancelled, I didn't follow that show).

Looks like they're setting up Pierce to take out Logan.

Also THERE'S MORE TIME!!!!! Fox has signed Keifer for another 3 seasons of 24, which could make him the highest paid actor in a drama. Even though they have Keifer signed for 3 more season, Fox has only signed up for a sixth season of 24.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:17 AM   #255
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
You think Audrey's Dad is involve too?

i highly doubt it judging from the previews.. but you never know
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:25 AM   #256
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Hey look, Jack has been framed and is now being hunted by the government. What a novel concept. I wish they would have thought of that 4 or 5 times by now.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:30 PM   #257
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Glad to see Keifer got three more seasons...now I just can't wait to hear FOX announce they will be airing them
Old 04-11-2006, 12:50 PM   #258
scooper
College Benchwarmer

I love this show. I won't miss an episode. But I have a hard time seeing them keeping it up for three more seasons. Granted, I've said this after the past couple seasons and they've always come back strong. However, as much as I'm enjoying this "day," they are really starting to recycle a lot of the same old tricks and plot lines.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:56 PM   #259
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I like how EW has characterized President Logan - not a boob like GWB or a paranoid fool like Nixon, but rather like Phil Hartman's imitation of Ronald Reagan, "a genial, doddering stooge until the cameras went away, then...a knowledgeable, take-charge leader, barking orders and solving problems."
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:58 PM   #260
Coop
High School JV

Quote:
i highly doubt it judging from the previews.. but you never know

Previews can be misleading..he could have been talking to jack.

Quote:
I like how EW has characterized President Logan - not a boob like GWB or a paranoid fool like Nixon, but rather like Phil Hartman's imitation of Ronald Reagan, "a genial, doddering stooge until the cameras went away, then...a knowledgeable, take-charge leader, barking orders and solving problems."

I disagree. he's still a doofus. Only now he's the evil doofus

Last edited by Coop : 04-11-2006 at 03:02 PM.
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:16 AM   #261
kingfc22
Head Coach

Can someone please put a bullet in Logan's head!

Last edited by kingfc22 : 04-18-2006 at 12:16 AM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:18 AM   #262
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I've recorded and watched the last few episodes in succession, and I'm hooked again. I was really looking forward to tonight. Next week looks to be great.

Aarron Peirce deserves better than an off screen offing. I'm predicting he'll be back next week.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:06 AM   #263
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Whoa an 8 screen spiltscreen. It was like The Brady Bunch without Alice.

Pierce better be alive. Him and Jack are now the only living characters that have been in all 5 seasons.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:18 AM   #264
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Wasn't Mike Novack in season one? Maybe not. I'm getting old and my memory's slipping.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:35 AM   #265
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooper
Wasn't Mike Novack in season one? Maybe not. I'm getting old and my memory's slipping.

Yes, he was. I believe he was Palmer's Chief of Staff as well. Has that ever happened in real life - a person being the Chief of Staff for a Democrat President and then the Chief of Staff for the very next Republican President? Probably not.

Last edited by Cuckoo : 04-18-2006 at 10:35 AM.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:46 AM   #266
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
Yes, he was. I believe he was Palmer's Chief of Staff as well. Has that ever happened in real life - a person being the Chief of Staff for a Democrat President and then the Chief of Staff for the very next Republican President? Probably not.
Have they ever really said the affiliations of the Presidents? I'm trying to remember. I think Novack wasn't in one of the seasons though.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:16 AM   #267
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion
Have they ever really said the affiliations of the Presidents? I'm trying to remember. I think Novack wasn't in one of the seasons though.

They mentioned once back in the first season that Palmer was a Democrat, I believe. And then I just assumed that since he was running against the dude that got shot down with the "football," then Logan would be a Republican.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:02 PM   #268
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Novack has been involved in all the seasons except for season 3.

As for last nights episode, wow...the rest of this season is going to nuts...
Old 04-24-2006, 10:41 AM   #269
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

It's all going to come to a head at the airport where the Logan and VP Hal "Guy" Gardner (aka The Green Lantern) will be going to fly with Palmer's coffin back to D.C. Perhaps Jack will stow away in the coffin, record some incriminating shit and then pop out and be all like "Boo motherf*ckers!"

I like how Buchana and Chloe are setting up at the CTU: Residential satellite office.

Yet another "red shirt" goes down serving with Jack. The odds of anyone surviving a gun fight involving Jack Bauer, regardless if they are with or against him, are incredibly small. Wayne Palmer has pulled it off twice now. It's nothing short of a miracle.

What was with Heller's vicious throat punch to Jack? Nice one, asshole. That accomplished a lot. You're getting forced to resign. Your daughter's artery gets slashed. You security detail dudes get killed (at least one of them). And you lost the only piece of evidence available. Secretary of Defense Heller just pulled off an impressive, may I say Rumsfeldian type move there. Well done, Heller. Bravo.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:00 AM   #270
kingfc22
Head Coach

So anyone want to guess who the group of four is and what their agenda is?
Old 04-25-2006, 01:59 AM   #271
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

The bluetooth mafia.

Nothing to see here, just a guy with a hoodie carrying two suitcases.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:53 AM   #272
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
The bluetooth mafia.

Nothing to see here, just a guy with a hoodie carrying two suitcases.
Hah.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:30 AM   #273
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
So anyone want to guess who the group of four is and what their agenda is?
When they first came on the screen I said "Hey look it's Big Oil!"
Old 04-25-2006, 11:11 AM   #274
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
When they first came on the screen I said "Hey look it's Big Oil!"

Unfortunatley Probably not far from the truth as written.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:19 AM   #275
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I think they are the car companies.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:34 AM   #276
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Nice to see Romano, I always thought he would be a good character for 24, and he fits the role he is in (whatever the hell it is)

I chuckled at that part too (where Jack got onto the plane)
Old 05-02-2006, 02:12 AM   #277
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

"You little asskisser." You rule Buchanon!

Loved Chloe tazering the guy... twice! Also liked how Jack took out the air marshall and then putting the pillow behind his head.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:56 AM   #278
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic
Nice to see Romano, I always thought he would be a good character for 24, and he fits the role he is in (whatever the hell it is)

I chuckled at that part too (where Jack got onto the plane)

Hey, can we get a copter here on the set for Romano.......(couldn't resist).
Old 05-02-2006, 12:44 PM   #279
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBPro
Hey, can we get a copter here on the set for Romano.......(couldn't resist).

Ba-zing!

And yes, when Jack took out the air marshall, I actually laughed outloud and said "God, I love Jack Bauer" That was so sweet.

These last four hours are going to be intense...
Old 05-02-2006, 12:52 PM   #280
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Maybe it will be Aaron Pierce who is hiding in Palmer's coffin. Palmer's coffin must be involved in the finale some way, some how.

Shooting down the plane is not a bad option, I suppose. Lord Bluetooth Romano is an evil bastard, but it's the right call. I guess they could try to have a stand off. Have the military surround the plane when it landed and then take Bauer out with a sniper. That's just leaving too much up to chance though.

Nuke it from orbit. Only way to be sure. . .

The blubbering, insane first lady has gotten old again.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 05-02-2006, 12:58 PM   #281
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Weird, it was like a mini OZ reunion last night. First, Alvarez was playing the role of the air marshall, then the C.O. who had his achillies tendon cut was the drunk guy hitting on Chloe. Five bucks says the pilot of the jet sent to shoot down Jack's plane is McManus
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:56 AM   #282
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Loved Chloe tazering the guy... twice!

The first time Chloe tazered him I laughed harder than I've laughed at any TV show in months, that was just absolutely hilarious.

As for the Oz thing, I *knew* I recognized the Air Marshall from somewhere!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:48 PM   #283
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I realize that implausibility has been discussed numerous times in the five years of this show and really has to be dismissed to fully enjoy it, but WTF? Why couldn't have Bauer just played the recording over his cell phone to CTU while the plane was in eminent danger? Even if the plane gets shot down, you still have these people unspoken for...

1. Palmer's brother
2. Chloe, Bucannan, and the CTU chick
3. The injured assistant who recorded the tape whose daughter was in danger
4. The defense secretary who was run off the road by a military helicopter
5. Pierce
6. A highly skeptical vice-president and chief of staff

You would then show how the co-pilot ties into the plot and have a recording of Bauer before the plane is shot down explaining he has no intent of crashing the plane into a building. What is going to be Dr. Romano's next evil plan? A pre-emptive nuclear strike on Southern California to kill everyone who may have caught word of the plan? Sometimes it easy to overthink things, but how logical would making a back-up of the tape be?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:56 AM   #284
Ragone
Pro Rookie

yea panerd.. that really bugged me too.. why didn't bauer play that damn thing over the cellphone now it looks like there isn't a recording anymore.. so 6+ HOURS for naught heh
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:24 AM   #285
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd
I realize that implausibility has been discussed numerous times in the five years of this show and really has to be dismissed to fully enjoy it, but WTF? Why couldn't have Bauer just played the recording over his cell phone to CTU while the plane was in eminent danger? Even if the plane gets shot down, you still have these people unspoken for...

1. Palmer's brother
2. Chloe, Bucannan, and the CTU chick
3. The injured assistant who recorded the tape whose daughter was in danger
4. The defense secretary who was run off the road by a military helicopter
5. Pierce
6. A highly skeptical vice-president and chief of staff

You would then show how the co-pilot ties into the plot and have a recording of Bauer before the plane is shot down explaining he has no intent of crashing the plane into a building. What is going to be Dr. Romano's next evil plan? A pre-emptive nuclear strike on Southern California to kill everyone who may have caught word of the plan? Sometimes it easy to overthink things, but how logical would making a back-up of the tape be?

While he could have done that, I don't think it would take them very far. It may have gotten Hughes more firmly on board, but without anyway to check the authenticity of the recording and preserve the chain of evidence, a simple cellphone recording of the conversation wouldn't have been enough to prosecute Logan.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:42 PM   #286
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

While I have enjoyed this season for the most part, the last two episodes have been pretty weak. This season is running on fumes at the moment. We're in the midst of boring re-tread plot devices. More Christopher Henderson nonsense. More Bierko nonsense. More crazy Martha Logan nonsense. Blah, blah, blah. . .

Each season the show hits a lag, typically it's somewhere between hours 16-20, this year it's happening a little later.

The only plotline/character that I've cared about over the last couple episodes has been Aaron Pierce. The rest has basically been re-cycled nonsense.

Hopefully the finale will be good.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:59 PM   #287
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Hopefully the finale will be good.

Jack and Logan get some alone time. I don't see how that could end up being bad.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:35 PM   #288
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Jack and Logan get some alone time. I don't see how that could end up being bad.
Oh yeah...
Old 05-23-2006, 12:42 AM   #289
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Wow

The Final was great.

Finally the Chinese showed up.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 01:51 AM   #290
kingfc22
Head Coach

Best season so far IMO.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:32 AM   #291
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

It needed the line, "They can debrief me tomorrow. You can debrief me tonight."

The navy guy looked like he crapped his pants when Jack turned around and saw him after shooting Henderson.

I can't believe Chloe was married to THAT guy.

Fastest. sex scene. ever. If Palmer can hock car insurance then Logan is gunning for a Viagra/Cialis sponsorship.

Next day should be Prison Break: China. Jack breaks out of prison with the help of Curtis, Pierce, Chloe, Audrey and Wayne Palmer.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:44 AM   #292
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Next day should be Prison Break: China. Jack breaks out of prison with the help of Curtis, Pierce, Chloe, Audrey and Wayne Palmer.

I had actually thought, at the end of last season, that that would be what this season would be about. Should be an interesting diversion.

Also, I read on tvguide.com (I think) that the woman who play Audrey has taken a role on another new series for the fall. So she may see limited time on 24.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:58 AM   #293
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I thought the season was pretty good, but really hit a wall after Logan was revealed as the bad guy. The last two episodes were pretty good, but the 3-4 before that just dragged on. Bringing Bierko back into the picture was sort of lame. Usually that gap happens a bit earlier in the season, but oh well.

Those Chinese guys really like to hang out in creepy places. That room on the boat looked like something straight out of "Hellraiser".
Old 05-23-2006, 08:03 AM   #294
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
I thought the season was pretty good, but really hit a wall after Logan was revealed as the bad guy.

I agree. I mean, where can you really take it after that? The other thing that pissed me off the last 3 or 4 episodes was the way they pissed all over the real-time continuity. I know they have to take liberties with some stuff, but they were really pushing it towards the end.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:13 AM   #295
jbmagic
Pro Starter

So the bad guys Logan was talking on the phone gets away? I don't think Logan is going to reveal the names.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:14 AM   #296
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
So the bad guys Logan was talking on the phone gets away? I don't think Logan is going to reveal the names.

I'm pretty sure they'll be back at some point.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:15 AM   #297
FBPro
College Starter

Oh Nina.................
Old 05-23-2006, 08:21 AM   #298
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277
I agree. I mean, where can you really take it after that? The other thing that pissed me off the last 3 or 4 episodes was the way they pissed all over the real-time continuity. I know they have to take liberties with some stuff, but they were really pushing it towards the end.

The "real time" aspect has been slipping more each season and with each episode. I mean, Jack was kidnapped with about 10-15 minutes left in the episode and by the end he was thoroughly beaten and on a massive boat out at sea. Well, maybe they were still close to the docks at that point. I have no idea. It wasn't too clear.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:44 AM   #299
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

One of the weaker seasons to me. My order of 24 seasons would be 1,3,2,5,4. Hopefully next season can bounce back because it's just not up to the "best show on TV" standards that I became accustomed to the first three seasons.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 05:46 AM   #300
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I wonder if this show were real life if the talking heads would claim that Clinton's blow jobs were equal to Logan's misques.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote