Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-09-2005, 05:34 AM   #251
Joe
Pro Starter

well, thanks to the preview for the next episode, we know who has immunity in the final four tribal council
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 06:50 AM   #252
Hoya1
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
well, thanks to the preview for the next episode, we know who has immunity in the final four tribal council
I never thought to look. Good point.

Who was it?
Hoya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 06:53 AM   #253
Joe
Pro Starter

Rafe
Old 12-09-2005, 06:53 AM   #254
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack
I don't know if I would say for sure that Cindy will vote against Steph. We only got to see 3 votes, so Cindy could be of the mind that the 3 were Rafe, Danni, and Lydia. Hopefully she's smarter than that. I really don't see Steph winning at all. Even if she gets to the final 2, it would be very hard for me to believe she would get enough votes. That being said, doesn't 2nd place get like 250k? Not a bad second prize. Also, FWIW, the next Survivor is this Sunday, the 11th. 2-hour season finale, and then the reunion.

second place gets 100k if I remember correctly.

FM
Old 12-09-2005, 06:59 AM   #255
21C
College Prospect

Jeff Probst signs on for two more years of Survivor.

hxxp://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds27105.html
21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 07:00 AM   #256
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
second place gets 100k if I remember correctly.

FM

Yup.

Sixteenth $2,500
Fifteenth $3,500
Fourteenth $4,500
Thirteenth $5,500
Twelfth $7,500
Eleventh $10,000
Tenth $15,000
Ninth $20,000
Eighth $27,500
Seventh $35,000
Sixth $45,000
Fifth $55,000
Fourth $70,000
Third $85,000
Runner-up $100,000
Winner $1,000,000
Old 12-09-2005, 07:02 AM   #257
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C

Great news. That can finally put to death the rumors of Tina Wesson becoming host
Old 12-09-2005, 08:27 AM   #258
Flame Eater
H.S. Freshman Team

Am I just a naughty old man, or was anyone else hoping the Steph/Cindy reward celebration would degrade into a drunken, love-making bubble bath scene?
Flame Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 08:32 AM   #259
Flame Eater
H.S. Freshman Team

dola--

1. Cindy should have given away the cars. It's a huge, giving act that she'd feel good about for the rest of her life, and it would have helped her in the game. Remember, you're playing for $1,000,000; don't worry about the $30,000 car!

2. When you win a reward: Tell everyone you had a great time, shut your mouth and then go get fire wood and water.
Flame Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 09:29 AM   #260
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 10:40 AM   #261
gkb
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Eater
Am I just a naughty old man, or was anyone else hoping the Steph/Cindy reward celebration would degrade into a drunken, love-making bubble bath scene?

I'm pretty much hoping for something along these lines every episode.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:50 AM   #262
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkb
I'm pretty much hoping for something along these lines every episode.

television isn't that hard people. just put that show on and instant ratings.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:38 AM   #263
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
dola--

1. Cindy should have given away the cars. It's a huge, giving act that she'd feel good about for the rest of her life, and it would have helped her in the game. Remember, you're playing for $1,000,000; don't worry about the $30,000 car!

2. When you win a reward: Tell everyone you had a great time, shut your mouth and then go get fire wood and water.

Unless she had doubts that should would make it past the next tribal council?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:28 PM   #264
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
dola--

I don't agree that it would have helped her in the game. Someone who gives away four cars becomes the worst final 2 opponent you can imagine, with 3 pretty much automatic jury votes and likely several more. She MIGHT have survived to the final four, given that Rafe is controlling the game and he says he wouldn't have voted her out... but 5th place prize money + a car is around the same as 2nd place prize money -- and unless she strung a bunch of immunities together, she would have never been allowed to reach final 2.

I guess it would have been a giving act, but giving huge gifts to people who are most definitely out to screw you gets you into doormat territory. What she SHOULD have done (though I would have never thought of this on the spot so I can't blame her) is strike a deal. I believe the winner of Survivor also wins a car on top of the million. She should have struck a good-faith agreement with the other four that she would give them the cars, and that if she didn't win the million, the winner would give her one of their cars back. That way, everyone ends up with a car and Cindy ends up with a lot of goodwill (though she would still never make it to final 2).

Truthfully, I wasn't crazy about the winner of a challenge being put in such a difficult position. I'm sure in retrospect she would have chosen to lose the challenge and take her chances that she would get a car anyway without being put on the spot.

Agree totally on #2 though. If you had to talk about the car, talk about your decision and not how great the car is. G'ah.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:34 PM   #265
wishbone
High School JV

I thought it was a no-brainer to give away the 4 cars, couldn't imagine why anyone would keep the one. So I was shocked when Cindy kept the car. It helps you in the game or at least prevents you going on and on about it in camp and you can say "I won 4 cars on survivor"
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:39 PM   #266
Kodos
Resident Alien

I think she should've basically said "I'll give you the cars if you promise not to vote me off this round."
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:05 PM   #267
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
I think she should've basically said "I'll give you the cars if you promise not to vote me off this round."

I hadn't thought of that.

I think the decision to give the cars away would have been incredibly tough.

I think I might have chalked it up to "the Greater Good", and given them away.

Then again, I would certainly want the car. It is a Huge deal to pass up a car. I would've just won a difficult challenge. I EARNED that car! Probably harder to give up the car the more I thought about it.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:25 PM   #268
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne
I think I might have chalked it up to "the Greater Good", and given them away.

I'm not understanding this greater good thing -- not in the context of the game of Survivor. In the final five of Survivor, you're playing against four other people who all want you to lose. If you give them all cars, they will be four very grateful people who still want you to lose -- bottom line. Only now, their opportunity to win is GREATLY threatened if they're sitting next to a F2 opponent who GAVE CARS TO 3/7 OF THE JURY. That's unprecedented in Survivor history and would be a virtual certain win for the car giver awayer, which is why that person would never be allowed to get that far barring an immunity run.

You might get a short term gain of one extra round, but in the big picture, your chances of winning the game decrease AND you gave up a car that you rightfully won.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:25 PM   #269
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I believe there is a hard and fast rule about "no deals" when it comes to any of the prizes.

Otherwise every season would just involve the final four chopping the prize money.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:29 PM   #270
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
I believe there is a hard and fast rule about "no deals" when it comes to any of the prizes.

Otherwise every season would just involve the final four chopping the prize money.

there are only 2 rules as far as they have ever said on the show

1. you cant make an agreement to split the money

2. you cant hit another player
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:32 PM   #271
Swaggs
Coordinator

It would be hard to justify to your family that you spent a month and a half away from home, had a chance to bring back a $35,000 car, but instead gave it away so that four people you didn't know two months ago could have cars.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have done it in the spur of the moment, since those are more or less the only people in your life at the time, but if you step back from the situation, it would be tough to justify giving away your car after the game ended.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:33 PM   #272
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs

True, if that rule extends beyond just the million bucks, then I guess she couldn't have done that... although you would think the eventual winner of the show would look at Cindy and her lack of a car and her 5th place finish and taken the initiative to give her one out of their own free will. Like Tina buying Colby a motorcycle. Not sure any of them would do that, though. :-)
Old 12-09-2005, 01:36 PM   #273
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
there are only 2 rules as far as they have ever said on the show

1. you cant make an agreement to split the money

2. you cant hit another player

they should allow hitting
Old 12-09-2005, 01:40 PM   #274
Swaggs
Coordinator

This car thing has me thinking. Not exactly the same, but....

Would you give away your personal vehicle so that four of your co-workers could get similar vehicles, knowing that the same four co-workers were up for the same promotion that you were applying for?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:07 PM   #275
saldana
Pro Starter

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/1....ap/index.html

guess that answers that question...i for one am glad he is staying
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:44 PM   #276
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

When I said "for the Greater Good" I wasn't expressing that within terms of "the game." It is just that my instinct would be to give four people cars rather than keep one myself. That would be an incredibly selfless act, but I believe that would be my first instinct. That altruistic action would very possibly be overruled by my own selfish motivations.

I think it would be very difficult to consider the in game ramifications of that decision on the spot that Cindy was in.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 05:25 PM   #277
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs

Would you give away your personal vehicle so that four of your co-workers could get similar vehicles, knowing that the same four co-workers were up for the same promotion that you were applying for?
I mentioned this at work. I said if this opportunity ever came up they could go screw themselves.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:36 PM   #278
Joe
Pro Starter

it's a lot easier to say you would give up the cars than to actually do it
Old 12-13-2005, 03:50 PM   #279
Raven
College Prospect

Danni is fucking hot.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:39 PM   #280
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Strange that my neighbor won.

I imagine town's buzzing, though.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:41 PM   #281
Subby
lolzcat

Define neighbor. Did she babysit you?
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:44 PM   #282
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:

Not a good analogy. Those four co workers also determine both your promotion and your employment.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 08:43 AM   #283
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It would be hard to justify to your family that you spent a month and a half away from home, had a chance to bring back a $35,000 car, but instead gave it away so that four people you didn't know two months ago could have cars.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have done it in the spur of the moment, since those are more or less the only people in your life at the time, but if you step back from the situation, it would be tough to justify giving away your car after the game ended.

Anybody know what the tax burden would be on a $35,000 car?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:20 AM   #284
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Define neighbor. Did she babysit you?
Next town over. A girlfriend of mine in high school lives there. Us rural folks tend to have town to town neighborhood definitions.

My folks told me last night that town was lit up with all manner of congratulatory signs last night when they drove through...obviously it's a big deal for the area.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:25 AM   #285
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
Anybody know what the tax burden would be on a $35,000 car?
They wouldn't have to worry about it. The fifth place finisher gets $55k, fourth gets $70k, third gets $85k, runner-up $100k and winner, of course, $1 million.

So even though she came in fifth place and got $55k, she really got $90k guaranteed.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:33 AM   #286
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
They wouldn't have to worry about it. The fifth place finisher gets $55k, fourth gets $70k, third gets $85k, runner-up $100k and winner, of course, $1 million.

So even though she came in fifth place and got $55k, she really got $90k guaranteed.

And what is the tax burden on $55k? I'm just curious how much cash she would actually get after paying taxes on everything.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:25 AM   #287
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm no tax lawyer, but I'd guess she would get at least $30k in cash in addition to the car.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote