Entered: 46
Entry Fees Paid: $506
1st: 4
2nd: 7
3rd: 10

ITM: 45.65%
Won: $610
ROI: 20.5%

Still not so hot, but still profitable. Small sample size and a 5 4th place finishes, 2 tonight(played 5 tonight, 1 1st, 1 2nd, solid).

Ring Games IN AUGUST ONLY:
5375 hands
Net: Won $96.33
BB/100: 0.45
True Win Rate: $3.69.

After 3500 hands I was down about $400, on a terrible terrible cold streak, and late in the week I played a couple of nice long sessions that were big winners. $3.69 sucks, obviously, but I am back in the positive now and hope this shoots way up during the week.

Total ring Game Stats:

14,484 hands
Net: Won $577.77
BB/100: 1.00 exactly
True Win Rate: $8.55/hr

These numbers are lower than expected, they were ok but not great after 10K hands, and have dipped a little this month. But I feel like I'm playing well and I am looking consistantly for holes in my limit game.

I'm also reading Ed Miller's small stakes hold'em and have made some noticible adjustments to my play, both pre-flop and post-flop. Some very very good stuff in this book geared towards the games I'm playing.

And finally, the most important thing:

Neteller: $361
PartyPoker: $962
PokerStars: $262
InterTops: $1080

TOTAL: $2665

That's $400 more than it was last week when I posted my last update. I'm trying out interTops, a party affiliate, and trying to get involved in an affiliate program to get some of my rake back. If everything is on the up and up, I should get an extra $150-$250 doing this depending on how much I play. If it's not, I got a $75 bonus for signing up anyway.

Very pleased with a net gain of $400 this week, and IIRC up about $300 on the month now, and very pleased to be back up over $2500 with two full weeks left in the month.

Last week was the first week of school, and I ended up staying up late a few nights and not playing in the morning. This week I am going to bed at the same time as oliegirl every night and getting up with them at 6:45ish every morning, when I'll play a couple hundred hands, or a round of SnG's depending on what I feel like doing.

Last edited by Radii : 08-15-2004 at 10:00 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 02:48 PM   #252
RGunner
High School JV

Radii, I took your advice last night and played 4 ring games at once, 2/4 limits, ended up being up over 200 bucks in about an hour, was awesome.. I now have my PartyPoker bankroll up to over 1800, pretty good for only depositing 200 eh? Looks like you had a nice night man, keep it up
RGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 03:03 PM   #253
Radii
Head Coach

Hah, very nice

It was a solid weekend, the first week of the month was jsut frustrating as hell, seemed I played well but lost in limit every time I sat down. Played ~250 hands this morning and only ended up $10, but I played well, looking forward to the mornings the rest of the week, the tables this morning were full of amazingly bad players.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:05 PM   #254
Radii
Head Coach

I finished reading Ed miller's small stakes hold'em today. It's one of the best poker books i've ever read. Published by 2+2, but lacking the 2+2 arrogance found in Sklansky's writing(which i don't mind personally if the info is good, but lots of people find it very annoying). Very detailed sections covering a lot of post-flop topics against bad players, and a very good section on playing overcards after the flop, definitely a book I'd highly recommend.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:34 PM   #255
Radii
Head Coach

I still have a pretty strong aversion to 5-7pm ring games, so I load up a $30+$3 NL tourney.

It takes a good 5-10 minutes to fill up, the popularity of these has really tailed off it seems. Or maybe the $30 3-table isn't where it's at, there are 2 tables and such now too.

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

62s, MP, folds

I start on table 3.

Crap, mp, folds

Q9s, UTG+1, I'll try a limp here. I fold to a 150 PF raise.
A8o, UTG, folds
75o, BB, I get a free flop, hit 2nd pair w/ my 7, but am not going to play it for a 100 chip bet
crap, SB, folds
84o, button, folds
AJs, cutoff, I limp into a big mult-way pot. Flop comes 632, one diamond. Free turn, 4 of diamonds. I call 20 chips to see the last card, and fold when it misses. Pretty timid, and probably the wrong way to go in these 3-tables now. They seem to have a lot more decent players in them lately, so you can't count on maniacs with any two willing ot play for big raises.

crap, cutoff-1, folds
86o, MP, folds

Level 2 - 10/20 blinds

I have 925 in chips, 3 are gone, 27 remain. 2 gone at my table.

K6s, MP, folds
96o, UTG, folds - 3 gone at my table now.

... telephone, i folded through the blinds and got shit for cards the rest of the level through my next round of blinds...

J6o, SB - folds
85o, button, folds

Level 3 - 15/30 blinds

Q7o, cutoff, folds

885 in chips, 24 remain. Still more than enough time to be patient, despite having only played one hand and playing it weakly b/c of the traditional first level fishiness.

Q6o, MP, folds - KK knocks out JJ
95o, MP, folds
92o, UTG+1, folds
ATo, UTG - folds - just not good enough to play out of position yet...

Key Hand
QQ - BB folded arond to the button who limps, SB completes, and I raise to 100. only the button calls. Flop comes QT4 rainbow. I'm willing to slowplay this in a tournament like this, I'm not going to get many chances to double up like this one. But, do I check, or bet small? pot is 230, I bet 50 chips, a severe underbet of the pot. Opponent folds. Still, I am up to 1000 chips afte the SB passes.

86o, SB, folds
73o, button, folds
T7o, cutoff, folds
95o, MP, folds
96o, UTG+1, folds

Level 4 - 25/50 blinds

crap, UTG, folds

22 remain as we go to 25/50. I have 1000 in chips, low but not hurting terribly.
J9o, BB - blinds folded to me
62o, SB, folds
T8o, button, folds
QTo, cutoff - I am ready to try to steal but a few limpers in front of me change my mind for me, I get out of the way again
A3o, cutoff-1, folds
QTo, UTG+1, folsd

Key Hand
TT, UTG - I open-raise to 150. kabara calls me from the button. flop comes 953, two hearts. He has me covered. I have an overpair, and i don't want a bigger stack calling against my tens with a heart draw or overcards. I push all in here, overbetting the pot like crazy(800ish into a 325 pot). I am called, uh-oh. Wow. I'm called by 66... no 6 comes, and I take down the pot!!!

I double up to 2075(down to 2000 after I fold through my blinds).

I'm in pretty solid shape at the moment.

crap foled through both blinds to raises.

32s, button, folds

I am moved to table 1, in a shitty position, I'll pay a blind again right away. The move is b/c we're down to 20 now, 2 tables.

Key Hand
K3o, BB - Wow, free flop 7-handed. Flop comes KT3, I bet the pot and win it. Not much to it, but a 350 chip pickup nonetheless.

I have 2275 in chips now.

T3o, SB, folds
J4s, button, folds
J4o, cutoff, folds

Level 5 - 50/100 blinds

I'm in a solid position here with 2275 in chips. I'm 3rd in chips at my table, lots of low 1000s, where I usually am. A full 20 still remain.

Amazing hand
42o, MP, folds short stack all-in for 460. another calls 460 of his 650 remaining. another calls 460 of his 1100 remaining. a big ger stack all in for 1320. all call. 99 vs AQ vs TT vs 88. an 8 hits, and he knocks out three players all in one shot(he was the bigger stack).

Key Hand
77, cutoff - I open-raise to 300 in chips. I'm called by two people, one of them is sebb71, the new chipleader at the table. The flop is a beauty, KQ7. KQ are both diamonds though so I'm not slowplaying this w/ two guys. I'll just hope one's on AK or AQ or something. I bet about the pot(800 into a 900 pot) and both fold. No complaints, up to 2925 in chips.

crap, cutoff-1, folds
A4o, UTG+1, folds
J3o, UTG, folds
J5o, BB, free flop heads up vs the big stack sebby. Flop comes Q85. Bottom pair. I check, sebby checks. Turn is a 4. I bet the pot(250 chips) and I take it there. Up to 3025 after I post my SB.
J3o, button, folds
KTo, cutoff, folds
J2o, MP, folds QJo loses all in to Q7o, 7 on the river for sebby, he's a monster with 5500 in chips now.

Level 6 - 75/150 blinds

I'm 2nd at the table with 3025 in chips. 13 remain in the tourney. 6 at my table, Sebby w/ 5500, two over 2K, and two very short(under 1K).

crap, foled
53s, UTG, folds
64o, BB - I fold to a steal raise here
62o, SB - folds

K5o, button - I fold when big stack raises early
J9o, cutoff, folds
crap, UTG+1, folds - sebby knocks out another one(a9 vs KQ pre-flop) and I get the BB early

Q5o, BB - free flop vs SB. AJ8 flops, and I have no interest in this, I'm 3rd in chips at the table now and up against one of the few that has me covered lots of clubs flop and we check it down. My Q5 and his Q4 split the pot.

Key Hand
QJs, SB - I limp after an UTG limp. Flop comes QJ2, two spades. I check, JIMTHUG bets min, ringemup calls it, and I re-raise to 900 chips. ringmeup is a bit short and hoped he'd call me there with a pair. But nope, I win the pot.

3400 in chips after that one.

K5o, button, folds after sebby limps, I don't want to play bad hands in pots vs him.

two bad hands folded(we're 5 handed now)

T4o, UTG, folds short stack doubles up vs a BB who makes a slightly loose call(88 vs 93)

Key Hand
AA, BB - NEVER SLOWPLAY ACES. JIMTHUG limps UTG, and I just check. Flop comes Qxx, two hearts. I bet the pot on the flop, he re-raises me all in. I call, he has QJ. Jack on the turn and I'm down to 2100 in chips.

Level 6 - 100/200 blinds

God damn that sucked. Instead of 3000 or 4000 chips going into 100/200, I have 2120. dude was short stacked, he may have called me pre-flop and had that happen anyway, but for once I'm sitting with a big stack going into the break and final table I thought, and intead, I'm back below average, 4th stack out of 5 at my table and about 7th out of 11 overall. *SIGHS*

85o, SB, folds
84o, button, folds - A3 beats AK and we're at the final table.

KJs, cutoff - this is a 5 handed hand as the others just moved here. only a BB to play for, I raise to 500 chips. Sebby calls me. Shit. T46 flop, none of my suit, and I have to give it up when he bets the flop.

I am down to 1520 in chips after that, blinds hitting fast again as the button moved based on our 4 handed-ness.

Of the final 10, I'm 9th in chips.

Down to 9, now I'm the small stack, small just busted.

98o, BB - free flop vs SB. I fold when it's AKQ and he bets.

Key Hand
77, SB - here's hoping for a 50/50 shot. Two early limpers, one is a big stack, hopefully neither will call, but just 1 for a 50/50 would be ok. Neither call, and Im up to 1920 in chips, winning 3 BB's + my small blind back.

Q4o, button, folds
T6o, cutoff, folds
I fold a few crap hands while IM'ing a friend ofr a quick moment.

97o, UTG, folds
Here's hoping I can get my BB out of the way before the level goes up. Nope, we have a flop, no chance. Two stacks going all in against each other it appears. nope, ABMadsen bet 700 on the flop, making a huge pot, but didn't call a re-raise for 1500 more.

Level 8 - 150/300 blinds

K4o, BB - I fold my BB to a big raise - AQ vs 88 go all in for about 2000, one of them a short stack I'd loved to see get knocked out. A on the turn, but 8 on the river saves shorty. Oh well, 9 left still.
73o, SB, folds

With 1470 left, I'm all in on any hand I play pre-flop.

A2o, button, folded aornd to me, I have to take a shot to steal the blinds here I think. I do it successfully and push up to 1920 in chips.

crap, cutoff, folds
J7s, cutoff-1, folds

3 stacks are actually below men now. JIMTHUG in the BB as we speak w/ 1135. ABMADSEN who just went up to 3800, is back down to 1718 just as fast, and sam311 has 1861.

KTo, MP, folds
83o, UTG+2, folds
97o, UTG+1, folds
Q6s, UTG, folds

ABMADSEN goes out 9th and I think I get to skip my SB as a result? We'll see.

92o, BB - free flop 3-way against the two giant stacks. It comes K96. Do you all-in here? one of the big stacks bets 600 chps, and I think for a long time and fold. I'm not sure the right thing to do there at all.

Q8o, button, folds - two big stacks go at it pretty hard, 98865 board, one of the big stacks(the shorter of the two, check-raising all-in on the river. bigger stack thinks forever and times out, he folds. After the hand he says "I thought I hit call. XXXX" whoops.

K7o, cutoff, folds

I have 1620 in chips. I'm 7th outo f the 8 remaining, I clearly need to pick up more chips to make the money.

Level 9 - 200/400 blinds

4 5K+ stacks.

65o, cutoff-1, folds

Key Hand
99, MP - 1620 left, this is an all-inner. big stack limps, I go all in. big stack thinks and calls for the 1200 more. Ohhh, not so bad. A8. I'm 70% to win the hand. Hmmmmm, lets see what that changed to after the flop.

Code:
radii@dread:~$ pokenum -h 9h 9c - Ah 8h -- Ad As 4c Holdem Hi: 990 enumerated boards containing As 4c Ad cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV 9c 9h 73 7.37 917 92.63 0 0.00 0.074 Ah 8h 917 92.63 73 7.37 0 0.00 0.926

Doh! I don't catch my two outer, and I am gone 8th. Another finsih just outside the money. That's getting fucking annoying. I misplayed the AA hand. I should have raised it pre-flop out of my blind. AJs very early on I'm not concerned about. I like limping that early and going for a big hand, level 1 in a party tourney at least. That one bad hand(AA) really really hurt me going into the final table though.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:49 AM   #256
Radii
Head Coach

Party sites were down today, so I worked on my bonus a little at stars. Dropped $50 in a 2/4 short game, and I wish it was due to good play by others, but it wasn't. I lost 3 monster pots, won enough to keep me going. The same guy beat my AK and KK with 54s (straight vs two pair when I had AK and 45 on the flop) in a stretch of about 5 hands. I had another big loss w/ KQs, flopped two pair, and ran into KK. Really lucky to win enough other hands to only drop half my buyin.

I played in a $3 rebuy satellite to the big Sunday tourney last night, finished 84th out of about 825. I played very well, but it started at 9 and was nowhere near ending at 12:30, and I decided to get a big stack or go to bed, and I lost, np there.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:46 PM   #257
Radii
Head Coach

woohoo! I've played some lately, even played two multi-tables, a $11 turbo rebuy to make the $200 tourney sunday, and the sunday tourney(where I finished like 1150th out of the 1800), but haven't had the time to write any up.

Now I have the time to play a 3 table-NL tourney and can write it up.

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

A5s, cutoff - I limp, and call a min bet on the flop with middle pair(952r flop) but don't get involved and fold on the turn to a larger bet.
KTo, cutoff-1, folds
72s, MP, folds
J4s, MP, folds
A3o, MP, folds
A3s, UTG, folds - lost one at our table last hand, I skipped up a position
KTo, BB, raise to 30, call, raise to 200, I fold - 3 see the flop for 200 chips. 66 doubles up+a fair amount vs TT after he hit a set on the flop.
84o, SB, folds to raise to 225.
T8o, button, folds
AJo, cutoff, I fold to a 100 chip raise
74s, MP, folds - a set of 9s busts out AQ's top pair.

Level 2 - 10/20 blinds

We're down to 26 after that last hand of the last level. I have 945 in chips, not in any trouble yet.

crap, MP, folds
23o, MP, folds
75o, UTG+1, folds
92o, UTG, folds
J3o, BB, folds to raise
T6o, SB, folds - KK vs JJ all in on the flop(which has a jack)... king on the river and we're down to 25
K2o, button, folds

Key Hand
JJ, cutoff - I open-raise to 60 and get two callers(both blinds). Flop 753 rainbow. I bet the pot, 180 chips, and win it right there. Back over the starting 1000, barely

T3o, MP, folds

doorbell :~( - only missed 1 hand though, but it seems someone just got knocked out!

K3o, BB, folds to raise

24 remain, we were down to 7 here, someone else is moved to my table to even us out at 8 again.

42o, SB, folds
A8o, button, folds to min raise from UTG

Level 3 - 15/30 blinds

Key Hand
AQo, cutoff - I open-raise to 90 chips, and am aclled by only the SB. Flop comes AJ9, two clubs. I bet the pot and get called. Turn is an 8. If he called w/ QT oh well, I think it's just as likely he has a flush draw, and I go all in for my last ~650 chips into a 650 pot. opponent thinks for some time and calls. He has A5o... board pairs on the river but my queen is still in play. I double up and am up to 2040 in chips!

JTs, MP, I limp/fold to a large raise behind me.

2 minutes into level 3, I now have 2010 in chips which is 2nd at my table(docglock4 to my immediate right has 4280 to lead the tourney). 22 people remain and we'll surely be down to 2 tables early in this level.

crap, UTG+1, folds - AA all in vs 22(very short stack) and KQs(very loose player), and we're down to 21, and daddydude to my left is alive and well thanks to some dumb all-ins.

K9s, UTG, folds

Key Hand
TT, BB - terrible player limps, big stack raises to 60 from SB. I put in a re-raise up to 200, which the big stack calls. A king on the flop and I'm not screwing around with that anymore. I am down to 1795 after my SB. I think against the big stack I was better off calling the min raise and playing for a set there. But that's just 20/20 hindsight talking I think, I could have gotten into a lot of trouble if undercards came too, so I am not too upset w/ this play

88, SB - I limp after 2 early limpers(including playmaker, the loose cannon in every hand). BB takes forever, but finally checks. Flop has two overcards and I fold toa pot sized bet.

ATo, button, folds to 100 raise before me.
QTo, cutoff, folds
K6o, MP, folds

Level 4 - 25/50 blinds

A9o, UTG+1, folds

I have 1780 chips remaining, still 2nd at my table and in good shape. 21 still remain, so we haven't fallen to two tables yet.

T6o, UTG, folds

J9s, BB, free 3-way flop, I flop 2nd pair on an AJx board. Checked around on the flop. I'm ready to bet the turn when the big stack bets the min on a blank. I call. He bets 50 again, the minimum, on the river. I think I have him beat most likely with the weak betting, but I just call, and he shows AJ for top two. what is that kind of betting? Oh well.

crap, SB, folds
crap, button, folds

We are down to 19 now, and we've merged to 2 tables. My 1605 in chips is around the middle of the pack here.

Q3o, cutoff, folds
QJs, cutoff-1, I fold to a raise from the big stack.
82o, MP, folds
Q3s, MP, folds
45o, UTG+2, folds - big stack raises to 100, siram calls, BBBBy all in for 1000. Both call. All in on the flop, AK vs AQ vs KJ. Siram becomes the new chip leader with AQ making a straight(and beating BBBBy's KJ two pair and big stack's 2 pair).

down to 18.

crap, UTG+1, folds
98o, UTG, folds

Level 5 - 50/100 blinds

85o, BB, folds to raise pre-flop
Q8o, SB, folds

Now I have 1455 in chips and with only 14x the BB I'm not in danger, but I'm not in a commanding position either.

K3o, button - ready to steal, the cutoff raises, and I have to fold.

42s, cutoff, I open-raise to 300 and steal the blinds. - Something I need to do regardless of my cards just a little more often... not to go crazy or anything, but in a perfect situation gotta do it.

97o, cutoff-1, folds
A8o, MP, folds
KEo, UTG+2, folds

down to 17 as one more is gone from table 2

T7o, UTG+1, folds
J8s, UTG, folds
A5o, BB, folds to all-in raise
65o, SB, folds to PF raise

down to 16 and our loosey goosey playmaker is gone.

JTo, button, folds
73o, cutoff, folds
K8o, cutoff-1, folds
J4o, MP, folds A6s

Level 6 - 75/150 blinds

K8s, UTG, folds

We're down to 14 now, and I just have 10x the BB. Getting a little antsy.

T6o, BB, free flop 3-way. Hmm here's a tough call 678 flop, bottom pair+gutshot. all in or check? I check, and it gets checked around. A king on the turn and I give it up.

T2s, SB, folds
93s, button, folds
K2o, cutoff, folds

Key Hand
KQo, MP - I open-raise to 3x the BB. Mistake #1 right there, I should all-in if i'm playing it. BB re-raises me all in and I call. He's got me, AK, and I'm out 14th.

I most certainly could have afforded to be more patient there, but can I fold KQ when I have less than 10 times the big blind and it's folded to me? Oh well. I do think I should have all-in'd pre-flop but it wouldn't have mattered there.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:50 PM   #258
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Where's the write up on last night's tourney, hater?
Old 08-23-2004, 05:18 PM   #259
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Where's the write up on last night's tourney, hater?

There's waaaay too much chatter going on in those for me to write them up I open up all 3 tables and watch all the chat + try to play non-shitty poker(without much success I am sure)
Old 08-23-2004, 06:06 PM   #260
Radii
Head Coach

I played very little last week, and didn't see much change.

neteller: 361
party: 932
stars: 187
intertops: 1116

I played a few single table SnG's, today I played 4, winning 2 and finishing 3rd in one, helping my ROI signifigantly(it was a small 20% last time I updated).

Entered: 51
Entry Fees Paid: $561
1st: 6
2nd: 7
3rd: 11

ITM: 47.06%
Won: $730
ROI: 30.1%

My 3-table luck has dwindled, I'll have to go back and find my most recent update on those and update my totals.

And finally, ring games:

After 5300 hands I was making $3.69/hr in August... lets see now:

Ring Games IN AUGUST ONLY:
6592 hands
Net: Won $195.58
BB/100: 0.74
True Win Rate: $5.97.

Well I have won about $100 in my last 1000 hands. That'll work for me.

Total ring Game Stats:

15701 hands
Net: Won $677.02
BB/100: 1.08 exactly
True Win Rate: $9.12/hr

So I am still fighting two issues. Too much multi-table money leaking(this was "corrected" last week, and we'll see how much it stays corrected from now forward). And my win rates at 2/4 are lower than I want them to be. It sure is frustrating sometimes to post my progress here and see such little overall progress. That frustration has been exaggerated by me dumpnig off extra money in MTT's. I continue to maintain that a little money spent on MTT's a month is ok. $100 a month in MTT losses(this is big MTT's, 3-table's and SnG's remain profitable, even though the 3-tables are streaky, I'm not worried about those) is fine. But I've spent a lot more than that this month, and my profit on the month is something like $250 instead of $500 or $600 that it well could have been.

Also, at this point, I expect to get about $100 back in rake money at the start of September, but we'll see how that works when the first week of Sept rolls around.

Anyway, still pushing ahead, and still trying to get into a consistant routine since school has started, in all of life, not just poker playing.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:30 PM   #261
Radii
Head Coach

Alright, time for a 2nd 3-table tonight, I haven't won one of these in awhile, I think i'm due

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

J4s, BB, folds on flop when I miss after 4 of us see it for free.

I'm on table #3, so I'll be breaking first.

92o, SB - for 5 chips, I'll see anything. Espicially when it's 8 handed. Getting 23:1 odds I think is ok on my pre-flop limp But, of course, i fold when the flop misses me.
63o, button, folds
T4o, cutoff, folds

Some real slow-asses tonight. 3 minutes til the next level and we're on our 4th hand.

97o, cutoff-1, folds
T4o, MP, folds
K5o, MP, folds
84o, UTG+2, folds

Level 2 - 10/20 blinds

T8o, UTG+1, folds

we *almost* made it around the table in the first 10 minutes. This is really slow.

2 people are out. 28 remain. I have 970 chips.

Key Hand
AA, UTG - I open-raise to 60 chips. I only get 1 caller, the small blind. Flop comes Qxx, two spades. checked to me, I bet 100 chips, and I win the pot. Not really very key, considering.

Q4s, BB, folds to PF raise
J7s, SB, I complete into a huge 7-way pot. Flop misses though. 883, one of my suit, I'm out to the first action.
62o, button, folds
T9o, cutoff, folds
K8o, cutoff-1, folds
84o, MP, folds
92o, MP, folds
Q6s, UTG+1, folds

Level 3 - 15/30 blinds

I have 1010 chips, we're down to 26 now, but still moving pretty damn slow.

43o, UTG, folds
A4o, BB, free 5-way flop, which misses, and I'm out of there.
94o, SB, folds
Q5o, button, folds

Two out at my table in the last 3 hands, flush vs trips and trips w/ QQ vs AK top pair. 22 remain now, 7 at my table for the moment.

T7s, cutoff, folds
Q8o, cutoff-1, folds
66, UTG+1, I try to limp, don't think a raise is good here really, and we do get a 5-way pot, more than enough to give me implied odds if I hit. I don't, and it's checked around. Turn is a 2, I call a 30 chip bet, so do 2 others. On the river I don't even call the 30. TT wins it.
ATo, UTG, folds (weak?)
J9o, BB, fold to raise

Level 4 - 25/50 blinds

We move to 2 tables as we're down to 19 right as the level changes. I open in cutoff-1 position. I have 875 in chips, below average by a lot, but still ok, I just need a hand. Perhaps I could have pushed 66 or ATo in my last few hands, but out of position I don't know if that is a good idea.

K5s, MP, folds
K4s, MP, folds
crap, MP, folds
52o, UTG+1, folds

Key Hand
JJ, UTG - I open raise to 150. One calls, and one with 670 goes all in. 520 more for me to call. I cannot fathom that I'm better than 50/50. Am I dominated? I decide to make the difficult laydown. A large stack behind me facing an all-in call? The first shows AK, the big stack KQ. I would not want to be up against AKQ. Of course, a jack hit the flop, but I still think with a big stack left to act and facing an all-in JJ is not looking great there.

Key Hand
AQs, BB - 3 limp, one raises to 150. Now what? I have 700 chips left here. I push all-in. This time I think I have fold equity, the limpers aren't likely to call and the raiser has to call 500 more. The raiser has AA, so that didn't work like I had hoped.

I am out 17th.

Thoughts on those last two hands? I think I played JJ well, and maybe lost my cool w/ AQs a little there.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:47 PM   #262
Radii
Head Coach

I will give it one last try with the NL tourneys tonight. I join another 3-table tourney.

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

I'm at table 1.

73s, UTG, folds
64o, BB, fold to 125 raise PF - AK vs 66 all in. 55x flop, 5 turn, 5 river, and the ace kicker is good.
95o, SB, folds
A7o, button, I limp(???) into a 4-way pot. Until the BB raises to 100 PF. I fold.
Q3s, cutoff, folds
crap, MP, folds
J4o, MP, folds
Q7o, UTG+2, folds
Q2s, UTG+1, folds

Level 2 - 10/20 blinds

A2o, UTG, folds
64o, BB, folds
K6o, SB, folds

Key Hand
AKo, button - One limps, then one min-raises to 40. I bump it up to 150 chips. blinds/limper fold, then the raiser calls me. Flop comes AJ9. Dude bets 200 chips, and I push all-in over him. I have him covered by 40 chips. I am in great shape, he has AT! Ten on the river. FUCK.

26th. Un-fucking-believable.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:04 PM   #263
RGunner
High School JV

Tough breaks man, I was playing in a small tourney earlier, dealt AA one hand, i have about 3600 chips, way above average...I bet, guy calls, flop is K74, guy goes all in, I call, guy has KT, hits a miracle ten on the river. NEXT HAND im dealt JJ, i just call to see the flop, i hit my set. raise a bit, guy goes all in, i call, he has 99, he proceeds to hit two nines on the turn and river for quads to bust me out. amazing.
RGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 07:59 AM   #264
Subby
lolzcat

Radii - tough breaks on a number of those.

I think you made the right call on the JJ lay down, but I don't agree with the AQs all-in. While you didn't have a sizable stack, I think you probably should have avoided the coin-flip there. I am finding that staying away from these coinflip showdowns as much as possible is helping me make it to the final table in the 3-table tourneys more often..."you're broke, you're done" is my new mantra...

As far as folding ATo in EP...I think early in the tourney it makes sense to raise there...if you don't hit, no big deal...but it is a decent speculative hand...
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 09:36 AM   #265
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
I think you made the right call on the JJ lay down, but I don't agree with the AQs all-in. While you didn't have a sizable stack, I think you probably should have avoided the coin-flip there. I am finding that staying away from these coinflip showdowns as much as possible is helping me make it to the final table in the 3-table tourneys more often..."you're broke, you're done" is my new mantra...

I'm still unsure here. I don't mind the coin flip as much if I also have fold equity, hence the fold w/ JJ and the push with AQ. But with that many limpers I don't know if I win the blinds enough to make it worth it there. Clearly it was bad luck that I was up against AA. But with a raise and a fair number of limpers, what do I do with AQs? Just call? That would drop my stack from 750ish to 600 if I folded on the flop, but of course I'd have 10 more hands to play until the blinds hit again. If it was AK is it a push? What about a pair, how high would it need to be?
Old 08-24-2004, 10:29 AM   #266
Malificent
High School JV

I asked this same question on 2+2 once. I had AQs in the SB and had 6 limpers to me about midway through a multi table tourney. It was 75/150 blinds, and I had about 1900 in chips. I was told unequivocally that the right move there was a push all-in, at least if I wanted a shot to win the whole thing. I ended up losing when two limpers called with 66/JJ, but I could've basically tripled+ up there if a Q or A fell.

Your situation is slightly different, because you have less limpers PLUS (and this is key) you have a raiser. Also, the extra money from the limpers is less because of the small blinds. I think folding or all-in are about equal in that spot.
Malificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 10:43 PM   #267
Radii
Head Coach

Sorry that I haven't updated much lately, I have been concentrating mainly on the ring games. I got a bonus offer at partypoker for an empty account and took advantage of that, and I've actually been playing some stud/8 with a ton of success on party(at the 3/6 level). I'm back and forth between 2/4 and 3/6 hold-em.

After July, I had cashed out $100, and had $2325 in poker money.

Here's the update at the end of August:

Pokerstars: $251
Intertops: $1200
PartyPoker: $473
Neteller: $592

TOTAL: $2516

Cashed Out: $500

This is very exciting for me. This, in all honesty, was not a good month for poker. I was down constantly in the first week-week and a half, and took almost an entire week off from playing when some stuff got *real* busy in the middle of hte month. To come back from that I am very pleased with. I had $2325 in poker money starting the month, and $3016 at the end of the month, giving me a profit of $691 on the month. Some was in bonus money, some was in stud, so it's not all well recorded.

I have a *ton* of hand histories to load, I'll post an update on my pokertracker stats when that is done. I made a *lot* in 7 stud/8 over the past week, probably $350, so the hold'em numbers are still average at best I think.

My goal, starting on August 1st, is to cash out $10,000 in poker money in the next year.

August: $500 down, $9,500 to go

I may play a little during this week, but we are going to the beach for Labor Day(leaving Thursday/Returning Labor Day monday). Soon after I get back, I should get my first rakeback $$ from Intertops, we'll see hwo that works out(it will be minimal this month, if there is any at all). Right when I get back from the beach I can take advantage of InterPoker's bonus and hopefully get September off on the right foot.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:53 PM   #268
Radii
Head Coach

Lets see how this works... I've been playing a fair amount of stud/8 lately, and the 5/10 table tonight looks pretty nice, I'm seeing more than enough 3 and 4 handed pots go to 6th street and beyond to have an interest. I've been playing 2 3/6 tables lately, tonight I'll try 1 5/10 table.

If you don't know how stud/8 works, it's like 7 card stud in format, but there's a low as well, 8 or better, ace to 5 is the best low(straights/flushes don't count).

Ante is 50 cents, betting 5/10. Bring in $2.

AT5 - folded

(44) T - folded - 4 see 5th street. AK3 opens and wins it on 5th.

(75) 7 - folded, I see two 5s and lots of low cards, not thrilled here. Lidor and Babe1143 see 7th on this one, J286 v 9562, Babe controls the betting w/ a low and flush draw, never hitting the draw and splitting w/ 2 pair.

(46) 5 - I bring it in, then call a full bet from Lidor's King. Brad7711's ace is in too. I pair my 5 on 4th but fold when Brad's A7 bets, might be a low, might be aces, either way I'm behind.

(KA) 5 - folds

(AK) T - I fold to a full bet and low cards calling

(3Q) A - fold again

(8Q) 2 - I have to bring it in, but I fold to a full bet here.

(99) 6 - I fold here with a 9 and a 6 out.

(7T) 4 - folds

(25) 6 - Two spades, I call a bet here to see 4th, but I fold when I brick.

(7Q) 2 - Another bring in (3 in 12 hands!) but I fold to a full...

(35) A - My turn to be the agressor, I make it a full bet, a 7 behind me and the bring in call. I hit a 4 on 4th and lead out, 73 raises me, and I call. BINGO. I hit a 2 on 5th, a 5 card wheel. I just check and let my opponent lead into me. I call here. On 6th I check-raise, he's showing two spades and 3 to a middle straight, but he can't have a wheel so I'm freerolling. I bet 7th and scoop a $115 pot!. Opponent had aces in the hole that never improved at all.

crap, folded

(45) 8 - a king makes it full, a 4, a 3 and a 2 call... I like playing 3 to a low, but with the 8 showing and 3 better low cards I fold. Amazing hand as quad 2s beats trip 3s.

(K4) 9 - folds - on 5th AQQ/632/478 suited cap the betting... everyone hits good cards on 6th but they check. Queens full and the only low out there(632, not the 478 spades) split a $200 pot.

(8Q) Q - I have the highest card, and i raise after a fuill bet and a call, limit the field etc. Two opponents, one folds on 4th when he catches a high card, the other is all in, and I split a small profit w/ queens unimproved, all in hits a low.

(Q9) A - folds
(9J) 6 - folds

(24) 7 - I 'limp' and then call a complete, we are 4 way, all showing low. An ace pairs, I brick and i fold.

(QT) 7 - folds
(7J) 3 - folds

(3T) 5 - I have to bring it in but fold to a full(lidor completes a TON of hands. more than I am used to seeing than at 3/6 total).

(9K) T - folds
(6T) 8 - folds

(46) 8 - I 'limp' with 3 others here, only two low cards. I catch an ace on 4th, babe bets AQ suited, and lidor raises 25. I call. I make an 87 low on 5th, and call a bet from lidor who paired his 5. Now I am stuck. I have a low but I appear to be in danger of losing to a very very good low. Lidor catches a 6 and now shows 2556, I'm scared of his hand. I call it down anyway, Babe1143 folds on 7th, and lidor shows two pair. My low is good. I make about $15 profit on this.

(Q2) 2 - I bring it in, only lidor and babe come along. Neither show scary looking hands but I have nothing but a pair of twos when 4th comes a 5 for me so I fold.

(AK) J - folds, lots of lows and I hate getting involved without a monster high.

(Q3) 3 - I have to bring it in, and I fold when lidor completes.

(2Q) Q - babe brings it in, I make it full, and only babe calls. I catch two pair on 4th, queens and twos, babe has A4. I bet, babe calls. On 5th babe catches an ace and has a pair showing, he bets out. I am not sure what the right play is here, but I decide to raise, if he pushes back I have to fold. We both catch seeeming blanks on 6th, I bet again and he calls, I want to be able to showdown for free. Instead! A 2 on 7th and I hit a miracle river. It was a miracle river, he had aces and 4s. I probaly didn't play that right at all... but in the end I scoop a $100 pot and am up to $343 from my $250 buyin.

a few crap hands folded.

The thing I didn't notice about stud is how much slower it is. 33 hands in an hour. I knew it was slower but that's a lot slower than a holdem table.

(KJ) 7 - folds

(79) 7 - another middle pair that I really don't play well and am happy to fold to a full bet.

(Q6) A - folds

(23) 6 - I bring it in and get one caller. I catch a ten on 4th, opponent appears to brick too. I do have a 3 flush so I bet. he callls. We check more bad cards on 5th(a jack for me), and I pair my deuce on 6th, I bet and he folds.

(A6) A - I make it full, we're only 5 handed right now. A 4 and a king call. 4 pairs on 4th and check/calls. I fold when he bets out on 5th and all I have are 6s with a high card.

After this we're down to 4 handed, I don't know stud nearly well enough to try to play it short, espicially at the 5/10 level.

I go ahead and sit out and call it a night.

NET: $90.88.

That win helps a ton. I've been makikn just a little in stud/8, but have been really stale, havne't played nearly as much and haven't had any long sessions of holdem in awhile. I'm down a little on the month even with this, maybe down $100-$150 after that nice win. With a trip to the beach for 5 days over labor day, and a wedding 4 weeks away, it's been a little crazy and I've not been playing much, and havne't played anything that I can really write up.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:45 PM   #269
Radii
Head Coach

So I haven't written anything up for quite awhile. I've started finding a little more time here and there to play lately. In September I got down as low as $1900 from my starting point of $2500. It's now Oct 3rd and I've gotten myself back up to $2600 or so.

I spent a lot of time playing cheap stud hi on Crypto sites for bonus money, and too much time screwing around w/ stud and omaha on party.

The last time I posted any numbers on my ring game stats, they looked like this:

Code:
15701 hands Net: Won $677.02 BB/100: 1.08 exactly True Win Rate: $9.12/hr

Now they look like this:

Hands: 17,921
Net: Won $909.62
BB/100: 1.27
True Win Rate: $10.47/hr

Since Sept 1: 1435 hands/won $345, $40.69/hr.

Clearly I need to play more holdem on party/empire.

My last update in Sit N Go's:

Code:
Entered: 51 Entry Fees Paid: $561 1st: 6 2nd: 7 3rd: 11 ITM: 47.06% Won: $730 ROI: 30.1%

Currently:

Entered: 76
Entry Fees Paid: $836
1st: 7
2nd: 10
3rd: 14

ITM: 40.79%
Won: $930
ROI: 11.24%

So I had quite a cold streak in tourneys over the last month and a half.

My latest bankroll update has me at $2646.

I didn't cash anything out at the end of September, so I am still at $500 cashed out, and $9500 to go for my $10,000 goal.

I'm trying to pick up as many bonuses as i can in October before the wedding, and I have been playing really well in the past week, but I'm not expecting anything major since I'm really looking at 2, 2 1/2 weeks at the most of days where I have any chance at all to play.

I was trying to play in a partypkoer million sit n go to write up, but they just aren't filling up, so no writeups for now
Old 10-03-2004, 06:49 PM   #270
Radii
Head Coach

For poker bonuses, I think the InterPoker bonus, $90 for 450 hands that can be earned monthly, is well known. There are a set of 4 other sites on the same network, that all offer monthly bonuses.

InterPoker: $90 for 450 hands per month
William Hill Poker: 5 british pounds per hour, for 5 hours of play per month.
Total Bet Poker: 5 british pounds per hour, for 5 hours of play per month.
Caribbean Sun Poker: $40 for ~250 hands every month
Poker Plex: $50 for ~300 hands every month.

Pokertracker now supports all of these sites in its most recent beta patch(they write hands out to the HD).

That's a signifigant amount of money every month for anyone not playing big limits. For the two that are 5/hr, you can play 1 table at each simultaneously(if you're a multi-tabler) for 5 hours and clear them both.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:58 PM   #271
robbgmaier
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
For poker bonuses, I think the InterPoker bonus, $90 for 450 hands that can be earned monthly, is well known. There are a set of 4 other sites on the same network, that all offer monthly bonuses.

InterPoker: $90 for 450 hands per month
William Hill Poker: 5 british pounds per hour, for 5 hours of play per month.
Total Bet Poker: 5 british pounds per hour, for 5 hours of play per month.
Caribbean Sun Poker: $40 for ~250 hands every month
Poker Plex: $50 for ~300 hands every month.

Pokertracker now supports all of these sites in its most recent beta patch(they write hands out to the HD).

That's a signifigant amount of money every month for anyone not playing big limits. For the two that are 5/hr, you can play 1 table at each simultaneously(if you're a multi-tabler) for 5 hours and clear them both.

Do you mean well-known by people who frequent 2+2? I keep resisting the urge to PM you every 5 minutes looking for bonuses. How many different sites are you playing at now, and how comfortable are you with them?

In the previous post you said something like "I need to play some more at Party/Empire." I can't speak for Empire, but certainly the water is still nice and warm at Party
robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:56 AM   #272
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbgmaier
Do you mean well-known by people who frequent 2+2? I keep resisting the urge to PM you every 5 minutes looking for bonuses. How many different sites are you playing at now, and how comfortable are you with them?

In the previous post you said something like "I need to play some more at Party/Empire." I can't speak for Empire, but certainly the water is still nice and warm at Party

The InterPoker bonus had been mentioned in the general board here before, but, it has been awhile probably That's how I learned about it.

The others I picked up on at another board I read.

I am 100% comfortable with InterPoker and PokerPlex.

I am 90% comfortable with William Hill, Total Bet Poker, and Caribbean Sun.

The reason i'm not 100% comfortable with those is that I have not yet received my PIN so I can't cash out.

All 5 of these sites go to the same network of poker tables, much like Party and Empire and InterTops all share the same core database of tables.

I feel the ideal way to play is to get set up somewhere(on partypoker or a party skin, I'm on InterTops, the worst by far of party skins... but it's still partypokers tables) with an affiliate so you are getting rake back when you play at that site. Pick up all of the crypto bonuses every mont, and pick up party skin bonuses whenever they are offered, EXCEPT on your rakeback site. That's counterproductive. All other sites do not offer good enough bonuses. Ultimate Bet and PokerStars bonuses are never worth it IMO(though sometimes I get pokerstars ones anyway, I *always* regret it).

Whenver not earning a bonus, play where you get rake back. $250+ in bonus money every month is very realistic this way.

I am lucky though, in that I have enough money that I can move some money around and still have money elsewhere to play, and not have to wait for cashouts to process etc. I also understand this is very difficult to do if you don't use neteller(that's hearsay though...).

when you deposit for the first time on any of the 5 CryptoLogic sites, they snail mail you a PIN to use to cash out. You can't cash out until you get it. It may take over a week for it to arrive. Caribbean Sun I am waiting now 2 weeks for my PIN, I'll probably re-request it and e-mail support soon. william hill and total bet I just deposited Friday, so I don't expect it yet. Poker Plex and INterPoker I got my PIN's in a reasonable amount of time for and have cashed out from both with success.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:46 PM   #273
Radii
Head Coach

Alright, time to write something up. I join a $29+$3 partypoker million qualifier. I would like to qualify for all 4 party poker million semis that are coming up in November. This is a 10 person sit n go, no limit(even though the PP Million is limit, you can qualify either way). 1st place gets free PP Million semi entry. 2nd and 3rd get another entry into another single table qualifier.

Blinds go up every 10 hands. Everyone gets 800 chips. I usually make the money(top 3) about 50% of the time in these.

Level 1: 10/15 blinds

UTG+2 - Q5 - folds
97o, UTG+1, folds - 2 limp, twqfrog raises 3x to 45, three callers behind and 1 limper(5 way pot). teqfrog then bets 15 into a 255 pot on the flop(K52). Turn another two, he bets 15 again... someone raises to 30... 3 to the river for 30, an 8. checked around, teq's QQ wins it, some nice weka betting there.

77, I'll limp and try for a set even UTG here. I fold to a raise to 75 though. 4 see the flop for 75. checked around on the T84 flop. raiser bets 175 on the turn(a 2), teqfrog raises all-in. gqlawyer calls. QJ vs QT, ten on the board. Teqfrog is up big, he's won the first 3 hands, and has 2150 chips.

T4o, BB - fold to min raise. hughesrandy limp-raises to 125. teqfrog limp-re-reaises all in. All call. AJ vs KQ vs 77. 77 makes a straight to win. Another is out, hugesrandy is chipleader with 2090. teqfrog down to 1440.

J5o, button, folds

82o, cutoff, folds - 88 vs A9 end up all in pre-flop. hugesrandy up to 2910. Down to 7.

T2o, cutoff-1, folds

Ako, UTG+1, I open-raise to 45. dnegel calls, he's down to 550. andilynn and cashmoney call. 4-way. Flop is J63 all clubs. We check around. Turn pairs my ace, and I just call a 45 chip bet from andilynn. River is a 7, still just 3 clubs. Andilynn bets 50, cashmoney goes all in, he's screaming slowplayed flush. I fold. andilynn thinks for a long time and calls. andi shows A7, a rivered two pair. Cashmoney shows 24o. 100% bluff on the river. He has 60 chips left.

I fold UTG on the last hand of this level. 4 guys for 60 chips pre-flop, the big stack bets 450 on the flop, andilynn calls. Turn they go all in. hugesrandy was bluffing with nothing. andilynn is the new chpi leader... cashmoney is out.

Levle 2 - 15/30 blinds

That's right. 4 people out in the first level. all in on most every hand.

T4o, BB - free flop, I miss, I get out of the way.

I have 650 in chips, 3 guys over 1000, two of us at 770/650ish, one real short at 300.

crap, SB, folds

76o, button, folds

Usually when these get down to 6 real fast the play settles down some. Not yet here though, still 4 in for every flop it seems.

Q6o, cutoff, folds - hughes randy pushes all in again against another big stack. 99 vs a6 on a 6 high flop. we're down to 5, teqdude is gone.

Q2o, folds

53o, BB - free flop 3 way. flop is all overs, i'm out of there.

32o, SB - folds

A2s, button, folds to raise before me

42o, cutoff, folds

Q4o, UTG, folds

Level 3 - 25/50 blinds

I'm 4th of 5 left. hughesrandy has 3300. andilynn 2765. forbes40 845, radii 590, dnegel 425.

J2s, BB - heads up vs the SB, i give it up on the flop though.

AA, SB - two limp, I push it up to 250 - no action, I win it there.

A3o, button, I open-raise to 150. i win the blinds.

QJo, cutoff, I again open-raise to 150. I call a 100 raise to 250 from the big stack. Flop comes AKK, and I fold to a bet that would have put me all in.

73o, UTG, folds

96o, BB - free flop 3-way, I fold when I miss. andilynn bets enough to put forbes all in. I pray he calls, i have a great shot at 3rd if he busts. He folds though, he's at 670, dnegel 350, this'll be a crapshoot at this point.

T9s, SB - forbes raises big, i fold. he wins blinds

Q7o, button, folds - dnegel calls a min raise up to 100, 3 way w/ the 2 big stacks. KT7 flop, checked. K turn, checked. 4 river, hughesrandy knocks out dnegel. down to 4.

76o, UTG, folds forbes calls a 500 bet, practically all in here. all in on the flop, UGH, he doubles up w/ AK vs J9(J9i??). I need a miracle now.

T9o, BB, fold to raise.

Level 4 - 50/100 blinds

J7o, SB, folds

i need one of these suckers to go all in, or to get lucky and double up 3 times. hughes keeps pushing though, they're folding.

95o, UTG+1, folds (button, heh, with 340 chips i start viewing it at UTG+1)

87o, UTG, folds

T9s, BB - that's good enough. I call a 600 raise from hughesrandy, who's raising every hand. EWw, I'm dominated, he has K9, BUT, a ten hits!! 3 outer baby. I am up to 730 before posting my SB

32o, SB, folds

forbes has 1065, i have 680. Clearly here I want to get another free entry.

55, button - I go all in for 680. i steal.

J2o, UTG, folds

96o, BB, folds to big raise from hughes

Q4s, SB - folds

J3o, button, folds - forbes steals blinds

Level 5 - 100/200 blinds

83o, UTG, folds ARRRR - forbes and hughes all in. forbes has KK, hughes A5 :/ no ace.

85o, BB, folds - andilynn and hughes are looking to go all in here, 800 raise/call. hughes is a bit wild, if andi has anything hughes is going to be gone. i'm down to almost nothing again. andi gives up the hand though and hughes is up to 3k again.

J5o, SB, folds

K5o, button - I go all in, i get two callers. Flop comes A96. I'm sure i'm gone here. jack turn. queen river. night me. Q9 takes the hand and I lose on the dreaded bubble. Those tourneys are just weird.

I intend to play in a couple of the partypoker million semis though. I'll be back in these a few more times.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:10 PM   #274
Radii
Head Coach

Time for another partypoker million single table sat...

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

86o, UTG, folds

The afternoon competition is usually signifigantly stronger than the night/weekend competition, that's the reason I'm playing a fixed entry fee event like this SnG, I hate playing ring games at party at 5pm.

92o, BB - free 5 way flop, folds to first action
JTo, SB, for 5 chips, sure - 3 way action. Flop is 578, two clubs. Cehcked around. Turn a Ten, I bet 40 into the 45 pot, called by lotman. River a 6, of clubs. I check the flush/4 straight, lotman bets the min, 15, and I call. He shows 44 for the straight.

T2o, button, folds
64o, cutoff, folds - down to 9. guy bluffs off all his chips w/ nothing, vs a set on the flop.

75o, cutoff-1, folds
63o, mp, folds
A6o, MP, folds
crap, UTG+1, folds

Key Hand

AA, UTG - I open-raise to 3x the blind, 45. Only one calls me, the big blind. Flop comes J73, two clubs. I bet the pot, and win it there. I suppose I could have tried to slow play or bet smaller, but, not going to risk it. A small win for AA.

Level 2 - 15/30 blinds

I have 770 chips w/ the blinds coming up. One guy has tons of chips, everyone else in the 500-900 range.

QJo, BB, folds - a raise to 60, a reraise to 300 by the big stack. A short 500 all in and then the original raiser all in... the big stack pushed with 64s. 500 stack had QT, other guy had AKs. AKs holds up. Two gone now, two big stacks(1850/1630 to the rest of us in the 700-900 range now, save one smaller 440 stack).

crap, SB, folds - a 3rd is out now.

75o, button, folds
K2o, cutoff, folds
J5o, cutoff-1, folds
QJo, MP, folds to 75 raise
T4o, UTG, folds

A7o, BB - free flop heads up. Flop comes Q99 and we check it. Turn is an ace... we check it again. The river makes a flush, I plan on betting out, but my opponent bets out 45 instead. Ij ust call it down and see Q9 for 3 nines. Ugh.

K9o, SB, folds to button steal.

I am down to 635 now, not in great shape at all.

62s, button, folds

Level 3 - 25/50 blinds

43o, cutoff, folds

The cards just have not been good to me, I still have 635, but I am going to have to make a move here soonish.

72s, cutoff-1, folds
K3o, UTG+1, folds

Key Hand
66, UTG - I am not really thrilled to have this UTG here, but I can't fold it I don't think. I open-raise to 3x and we'll see what happens. I get 1 caller, in the SB. Now, the flop comes QT7, two clubs. I either give up or push at this ponit. I push all in when checked to me, and kingjanaka folds. I take down a critical pot.

K5s, BB - free flop, checked down on a scary board. I lose to A5.
62o, SB, folds
Q7s, button, folds to 3x raise before me.
Q2o, folds
A2o, cutoff-1, again folding to a raise before me.
J9o, UTG+1, folds

Level 4 - 50/100 blinds
J6o, UTG, folds

still 7 remain, the blinds hurt everyone now. 3 guys have over 1K in chips, one guy has 540, the other 3 of us are between 700-900, I have 760, but I'm UTG, blinds hitting.

43o, BB, folds to allin raise. all in steals blinds+ a limper.
33, SB - ick. how do I play this? there's a min raise before me. Ok, a min raise and a big re-raise... i can fold that now. an all in from the BB, an all in from the min raiser to 1500... the 500 raiser also calls. AK vs KQ vs AQ. AQ wins. One is eliminated and one crippled. TOADFISH, the AQ, has 3600 now.

crap, button, folds - the crippled stack goes out. down to 5 now.

T9s, UTG+1, folds

a 3500 stack, a 1700 stack, 1100/930/610... too bad I'm the 610.

J7s, UTG, folds
94o, BB, folds to raise
J9o, SB, folds

now i'm nearly crippled.

33, button - two all in's before me... I have to fold when UTG and UTG+1 go all in. I see QT and 99. We're down to 4 now.

crap, UTG, folds

WOOHOO. two big stacks go at it... i make 3rd.

Level 5 - 100/200 blinds

94s, BB, they fold to me.
Q8o, SB, I fold to all in before me.

Key Hand
All in with KTs. I'm against A4. King hits, and I'm alive!

Remember, 2nd and 3rd get another free entry. 1st gets pp millino entry. 2nd is worthless here.

With that in mind, I fold a little but when I get under 1K in chips i'm all in on anythign playable.

I go in on Q8s, but run into ATs of the same suit. 8 and ten on the flop, I don't improve and I'm out third.

I'm getting total crap for cards in these first two. But this time I held on for 3rd so I get another free shot.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:24 PM   #275
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

Nice working getting third. Nothing more you could have done with AA but much better than someone drawing out on you for all your chips. Hope you can qualify on your next try. Unless than means fewer updates, of course.
dixieflatline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 08:13 PM   #276
Radii
Head Coach

10 days to a wedding means fewer updates

I would love to qualify for 2 or more of the PP million tourneys coming up in November, we'll see what happens after I get into my first one though.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:49 PM   #277
Radii
Head Coach

I use my freeroll and enter another NL PP Million single table satellite.

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

85o, cutoff, folds AK vs 23 end up all in on the river. board? Q4432. Night AK.
T8s, cutoff, folds (button last hand busted)
KQs, cutoff-1 - early in these tourneys, w/o great hands limping is usually best here. I limp into 5 way action. Two aces, non of my suit. I fold. Holy acxtion flop batman. Flop: AA4. A4 vs 44 all in.
A2o, MP, folds
Q4o, UTG+1, folds
KJo, UTG, folds
76o, BB, folds to 500 open-raise(??) - it's called by one of the doubleup stacks. All in on the flop. AK vs AT. the ten doesn't hit til the river. But of course, it hits. phrophet_mkr has 3 people's entire stacks now.

K6s, SB - I put in my 5 chips but fold when I miss.
83o, folds

Key Hand
AQs, cutoff - 3 gone, 10 hands in, I'll raise w/ this one. I open to 45. two call. Flop is J65, two hearts. I'll put in a pot sized bet here. I bet out 145 chips. I am called by LLPaden. Turn pairs the board and brings the flush. We both check. The river brings an ace. LLPaden bets enough to put me all in. I think for awhile, and I fold. He shows me QT of hearts, made the flush on the turn.

Level 2 - 15/30 blinds

I'm a bit weak here with 560 chips, but, I'm still in it.

two crap hands, folded
Q6o, UTG, folds

We're now down to 6.

AJo, BB - all fold to me
A7s, SB - I limp into a 5 way pot. It misses me totally.
85o, button, folds
couple of crap hands folded
87o, UTG, folds
QTo, BB - I fold to a raise

Level 3 - 25/50 blinds

I have 515 chips before posting my small blind. 6 remain still.

Key Hand
AJs - SB - There's a limp and an all-in for 310 chips. Do I call 285 here? Or do I stay out of the way? I go ahead and call. My opponent was trying to steal, he shows T8o. I hit a jack on the flop, he hits an 8. I hit an ace on the turn. He hits his two outer on the river.

I am down to 200ish chips afer that, need a miracle.

I go all in on KJ next hand, I steal the blinds.

84o and 73o folded to get me to my next BB. 6 still remain, I'm going to need 3-4 doubleups here to just make the top 3.

Q9s, BB - The SB limps(he was T8boy from earlier). I push all in. He folds.

53o, SB - folds
92o, button, folds
87o, UTG+1, folds

Levle 4 - 50/100 blinds

whee. all in soon. 305 chips left.

94o, UTG, folds
42o, BB - fold to a raise and a call.
63o, SB - WHEE. folds again. all in on my next face card

Key Hand
A4o, button - that's an all-inner. two call. I'm playing for 515 chips. Flop comes AAQ!! I end up beating KK and a flush draw, and am alive.

A7o, cutoff - I'm all in again. HAHAHAHAHAH. I'm dominated by A9. Flop - A99. I am out 6th.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:50 AM   #278
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
I didn't cash anything out at the end of September, so I am still at $500 cashed out, and $9500 to go for my $10,000 goal.

That was from my end of September roundup.

I played a lot less in October but I had a lot of success for the time I did play.

PROFIT CASHED OUT:

August: $500
September: $0
October: $572

giving me a profit of $1072 over my last 3 months. Certainly less than I need to get anywhere close to 10K in 12 months, less than half of what i'd need for that(I'm "on pace" for $4288 over the year... poker just isn't linear like that though so that's a pretty irrelevant number).

I started November playing some sit n' gos and hit a little cold streak so 4 days in and I'm in the hole a little over $250. I've begun working on the CryptoLogic November bonuses now, which means I'm multi-tabling multiple sites to pick up all the bonuses I can. Once I get done with that though I'll try to start posting updates again(picking up all the crypto bonuses will probably take all of my play time this weekend and whatever time I get during the week next week. If I haven't finished them by next weekend, I will certainly finish them then and be back to Party).
Old 11-05-2004, 01:50 PM   #279
Subby
lolzcat

This thread is the one thing I missed from the board outtage...glad you're back!
Old 11-15-2004, 11:38 AM   #280
Subby
lolzcat

Tease :P
Old 11-15-2004, 12:46 PM   #281
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Once I get done with that though I'll try to start posting updates again(picking up all the crypto bonuses will probably take all of my play time this weekend and whatever time I get during the week next week. If I haven't finished them by next weekend, I will certainly finish them then and be back to Party).

Not too much of a tease I have about 350 hands to play at one site then i will be done with the Crypto bonuses.

Expect to see a couple of sit n go writeup's Wednesday after work or Friday!
Old 11-17-2004, 10:14 AM   #282
Subby
lolzcat

w00t
Old 11-17-2004, 03:54 PM   #283
Radii
Head Coach

Wow, registration for these don't fill up like they used to.

I join a $30+$3 two table NL Tourney on party.

I registered for a 3 table but I was the 4th to register and after about 5 minutes we were only up to 6. The two table is slow to fill up as well but nothing like the 3 table one.

So here we go, 20 people entered, top 4 get paid. $240/$180/$120/$60.

I open up on table #2.

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

STart with 1000 chips, 10 minute levels

A4o, MP, folds
72o, UTG+2, folds
TT, UTG+1 - 3rd hand, out of position, I limp and call a min raise from the guy who has been in all 3 hands so far. 4 of us check around the queen high flop. I take the pot with a bet on the turn when a low card pairs.

QQ, UTG - I open raise to 50 here. I get position, only the SB calls me. Flop comes KJ5. I make a 3/4 pot sized bet and win this one as well.

T2o, BB, free flop/fold at first chance
99, SB, i fold to a large pre-flop raise
crap, button, folds
78s, cutoff, I limp and fold on the flop when I miss.

Level 2 - 10/20 blinds

I have 1125 chips after level 1. All 20 players remain still.

J3s, folds
62o, MP, folds
K3s, MP, folds - gfggfg wins a monster pot w/ QQ vs AK and ATs(flush draw on the flop), knockign two out and giving gfggfg a 2375 chiplead.

crap, UTG+2, folds
65o, UTG+1, folds

1 is mvoed to our table to make it 9 at each

T2o, UTG, folds - JJ is > A2... we're down to 17 now.

94o, BB, folds

I get to skip my SB thanks to the position of the last guy that went out.

Down to 16 as we've lost one from table #1.

Q8o, button, folds
K6o, cutoff, folds
Kto, cutoff-1, folds

Level 3 - 15/30 blinds

A2o, UTG+1, folds

we're down to 7 at my table now.
crap, UTG, folds
J9o, BB, folds to pre-flop raise
83o, SB, folds
J3o, button, folds

couple crap hands folded.

-- little issue here, I forgot to unregister for the 3 tabel tourney, which has started upa nd which I am doing *much* better in(I've hit 3 winning hands and doubled up in the first level and a half).

73o, UTG, folds

We're down to 12 overall and 6 at my table as one more busts out.

K4o, BB, folds to raise
34o, SB, folds

Level 4 - 25/50 blinds

I have 1015 chips, and we now have 11 people remaining overall. 6 at my table. Next one out drops us to the final table.

J6o, button, folds - wow... A99 flop, the two big stacks (3750 each or so) go all in, 89 vs AT... 89 wins and cruzdaddy has 7580 in chips. neutron99 has 215.

two shit hands folded(no flop on either).

JTs, BB - I win a small pot when the SB limps and I catch a jack on the flop
A6o, SB - folded to me, I steal-raise 150 chips. I'm called. The flop comes 996. Opponent has about as many chips as I do... I go ahead and bet the pot(which will hurt real bad if I lose but not cripple me yet). I win the pot right there though.

crap, button, folds. Down to 5 here now as the short stack is gone. We should be merging to 1 table after the next hand.

JTs, UTG+1 - we all limp, then the BB decides that's not cool and raises to 250. I fold.

Final Table

I merge to table 1. Chipleader has 7480, 2nd has 3400. After that a ton of people in between 1000-2000 chips. I'm in 7th out of the 10 with 1165 but with no clear leaders after the two iants my chance is as good as any.

Crap, BB, folds. 225 raise, clal, 1500 all in, the original raiser calls, and the #2 stack(the first caller) thinks awhile and.... and... 15 seconds... says he has 6s and folds. It's AA vs 55. 55 wins with a 5 on the flop. AA has 7 chips left. 3 people at the table start talking about partypoker being rigged.

62s, SB, folds, mr 7 chips is gone and we're down to 9.

Q8o, button, folds - down to 8, the monster stack takes out this one(pair vs draw).

Level 5 - 50/100 blinds

crap, button again(SB went out last hand)
J3o, cutoff, folds
34o, cutoff-1, folds

I am 6th out of the 8 left at this point. 3 stacks now above 3K(one of them being the 8100 monster)

A2o, A4o both folded from early.

55, UTG - I open raise to 300, with the bigger blinds I'm ready to make a stand here if I need to, but I steal.

Key Hand
Q8o, BB - free flop w/ the button and SB. Q54 flop I bet the pot(300 chips), the other stack just a bit smaller than mine goes all in. It'll leave me with 400 if I call(but only 800 if I fold... I gotta call here given the pot size). He shows 85o, and a queen on the turn gives me the key win.

I am up to 2130 in chips after that, in 4th place right now.

crap, SB/Button/cutoff, folded while writing that up.

Q4o, cutoff-1, folds

22, MP, I try a steal raise to 300 here, and am called by two of the stacks bigger than mine. I get off the hand when overcards flop.

That leaves me w/ 1830, still 4th for now.

T3o, UTG+1, folds

KTo, BB - 300 raise + all in behind that cause me to fold without a thought. TT vs 99 and the #2 stack grows a bit more there. Down to 6.

85s, SB, folds
89o, button, folds

Now I'm in one of those positions I hate to be in where I have a legit chance to limp into 4th place, but I have enough chips to be a force if I can double up just once. Which do I do?

8ts, cutoff, folds

one of the stacks shorter than mine doubles up to become even w/ me. Now lmping into the money only happens if jappoleup fucks up.

Level 6 - 75/150 blinds

K5o, UTG, folds
Q2s, BB - I fold to a likely steal raise
94o, SB - folds - the 3 big stacks are in this one, and tworock loses about 1000 chips... he still has 3000 though for a solid hold on 3rd.

T6s, button, folds - #2/#3 go at it here, but tworock's 1000 chip bet on the turn(which brings a flush on an otherwise rags board) is not called. tworock shows the flush.

75s, cutoff, folds
67o, MP, folds smedd has 55 chips now after the blinds pass and he doesn'tdo anything about it.
J9o, UTG, folds

I'm in 5th now, jappoleup has stolen blinds once and had it folded to his BB

Key Hand
Q9o, BB - tworock raises the minimum. I call the min raise. Flop comes 678. Tworock has been in a lot of pots but he seems to fold if he doesn't hve it. I throw out the big semibluff bet here and I win the pot. Back to 1755 and 4th.

cruzdaddy has over 10K in chips. 2nd and 3rd are both hovering between 2500-3000. me and jappoleup have 1755/1643, while smedd has 55 chips left and has a BB hitting next hand.

crap, sb/button, folded.

Q2s, cutoff, folds - A8 > 97o to knock out smedd. Down to 5. 4 pay here.

J5s, UTG, folds

53s, BB, folded to steal raise

Hour Break - Level 6 - 100/200 blinds

Here's the table, starting to my left:

DanYuLSun113: 3105 chips
tworock4: 3160 chips
curzdaddy03: 10562
Jappoleup: 1568
radii: 1605

cruzdaddy has been taking advantage of his stack and winning lots of small pots.

Q9s, SB - I limp into a 3-way pot and fld on the flop, probably a terrible waste of 100 chips there given the circumstances.

K8o, button - folds
K8o, UTG, folds - jappoleup loses a little on this pot, nullifying my Q9s loss a bit.
J4o, BB, folds - folds to PF raise
T2s, SB, folds - jappoleup all in. And he wins and doubles up w/ AK vs monster stack's KT.

Key Hand
Q9o, button - I push to steal here. I only have 5x the blind, I gotta move now and an open-raise from the button seems good to me. I'm called by tworock, he has KJ. That's only 60/40 though right? a 9 hits and I double up!!

I now have 2300 chips, in 3rd place. tworock is the short stack. After the next hand(which he plays for a raise) he's down to 1200.

crap, MP/UTG folded

T7o, BB, folds to raise
A8s, SB - with one limper I'll limp here too(should probably raise huh?). I end up folding to a big bet from the big stack when I miss.
62o, button, folds
J5o, cutoff, folds
75o, UTG, folds - tworock all in for 555... he wins the blinds

T5s, BB, Tworock all in again, he's called by jappoleup, and jappoleup's AJ beats tworock's Q5s.

In the money

cruzdaddy 9500
danyulsun 6100
jappoleuo 2600
radii - 1600

So I'm short, but I'm not so far back that I cn't move up

few hands folded during some table banter.

Level 8 - 150/300 blinds

JTo, BB - folds to raise

that puts me down to 1300.

A3o, SB - 4x the blinds, an ace, I'll push here. i win the blind.
T6o, button, folds

KQo, UTG - steals the blinds with an all in.
Q4o, BB,folds
J8o, SB, folds
T9o, button, folds
42o, UTG, folds - AK vs KT the other way pushes me up to 3rd! jappoleup is out

BB folded to me first time.

74s, BB, folds to raise.

I'm waaaay behind now looking up at 2nd. This is pick a hand and go time.

I get AK in the big blind but its folded to me.

88 on the next hand, I go all in. I'm called... by 99. Doh!

But, consider that a success.

3rd place - $120

At virtually the same time, I lose an all in with JJ vs A8 on my 3 table tourney that I didn't even mean to enter, and go out 12th there.

The 3rd here puts me up $54 on the day though, that works for me.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:11 PM   #284
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

Congrats on the 3rd place. It looks like you are doing a very good job of staying tight early and at least staying around for the end even if that leaves you a bit short on chips.

Quote:
Now I'm in one of those positions I hate to be in where I have a legit chance to limp into 4th place, but I have enough chips to be a force if I can double up just once. Which do I do?

This tourney pays 40%, 25%, 20%, and 10% 1st-4th which is not super step for 1st place. I think here it's probably better to try to limp into the money. If they were paying top 3 60%, 30%, 10% then I think you should be looking to be aggressive and double up a time or two and go for the big prize.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:58 AM   #285
Subby
lolzcat

Nice playing. Looks like you did everything right there...

Those MTTs take forever...I was enjoying them for a while but wonder if there is a negative impact on your earn rate versus the single table tourneys...
Old 11-18-2004, 10:35 AM   #286
Radii
Head Coach

the big multi's are definitely bad for me. The 2 and 3 table tourneys are only on partypoker, which i don't like(I get rake back on interTops), but I believe they are positive EV for me. I have wondered though, if single table vs 2 or 3 table would be best? (This is the first 2/3 table i've played in forever, did it just to get in a good writeup and for a change of pace from the bonus grind).

How much better would one have to do in 2 table or 3 table tourneys over single table ones to make it worth the extra time that they take?
Old 11-18-2004, 11:12 AM   #287
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
the big multi's are definitely bad for me. The 2 and 3 table tourneys are only on partypoker, which i don't like(I get rake back on interTops), but I believe they are positive EV for me. I have wondered though, if single table vs 2 or 3 table would be best? (This is the first 2/3 table i've played in forever, did it just to get in a good writeup and for a change of pace from the bonus grind).

How much better would one have to do in 2 table or 3 table tourneys over single table ones to make it worth the extra time that they take?
Who is your affiliate for Intertops? I have been waiting for RakeReturns to get hooked up with Intertops, but if you have a better deal, it might be worth going through them and not waiting.

As far as time value goes, I would say that a 2 or 3 table MTT takes 50% longer, on average than an single table tourney...would you agree? I guess that would be your starting point. Your odds of finishing ITM in a MTT are also worse than in a single table tourney. So I guess you go from there...
Old 11-26-2004, 11:53 AM   #288
Radii
Head Coach

The game: single table $20+$2 sit n go.

800 chips to start, 10 players, blinds up every 10 hands.

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

A8s, cutoff-1, folds - my two options are to try to limp a lot early and hope to hit big and double up, or play ultra tight and let the other players(presumably very bad at this level) weed each other out a bit and play a solid tight game. I opt for the solid tight game most of the times in the first two levels. In this hand there is 5 way action but 3 jacks on the flop scare everyone from betting

T6o, cutoff-2, folds

K9o, MP, folds

3 hands, no pre-flop raises yet. 3-5 people seeing flops(including both blinds, so 3 isn't saying much)

T6o, MP, folds - Bethpage11(across from me) up to 1040 chips, cry_me_a down to 520. 6 people see the flop this hand for 1 bet

K4s, UTG+1, folds - bethpage all in on the turn vs jerryken on a QsXsX board. Beth has A8s vs jerry's Q9, an ace on the river and bethpage has 1970 chips, and we're down to 9 people

99, UTG - I limp but fold to our first raise pre-flop in the toruney.

66, BB - I fold to our 2nd pre-flop raise in the tourney :P

45o, SB - folds to min-raise from teh button(which wins the blinds...)

T2s, button, folds

ATo, cutoff - raise or fold... with 3 limpers, I'm not going to be comfortable with an ace and I don't want to put chips at risk trying to push them around. I fold. Probably too tight but this table is real erratic so far and I want to stay out of the way. Incidentally, Q66 flop and a 700 chip pot is won by jordana9

Level 2 - 15/30 blinds

My 760 chips has me in the thick of things. bethpage has 1800 chips, cry_me_a has 465, everyone else between 650-1000
T6o, cutoff-1, folds

93o, MP, folds

TT, MP, lewchr open-raises to 60 chips. What to do with TT? cry_me_a calls as well, I call as does jamietxxx behind me. Four of us in for 60... flop comes Q62, two diamonds, a bet of 100 and an all in for 450 behind me and I fold easily.

K6o, MP, folds

JTo, UTG, folds

the last 4 hands we've seen raises pre-flop.

84o, BB - AQo vs QQ all in, a four flush gives AQo the win.

Key HAnd
AKo, SB - there's a 120 all in raise by the guy that just lost that hand, and a 500 raise by the guy that won the last hand... I'm all in, hope I have them dominated. I do. AK vs AJ vs A3. KQT on the board for the big stack who had AJ and I am out 7th. That's two hands in a row for lewchr where he was dominated and pulled something out his ass to win. Well, I got my money in when I was far the best of it.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:44 PM   #289
Radii
Head Coach

Another $20+$2 sng.

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

J6o, UTG, folds - 3 people in for 85 chips pre-flop. A72 flop, 75 bet/call/250 raise/call/call... Q turn(two spades on the board, everyone has half their stack invested now). all-in, fold, call. AQ beats AK in a 1975 chip pot on hand 1. Down to 9. bamaboy96, to my left, has 1965 chips after posting SB.

T5s, BB, I get a free 7 handed flop. J99, I fold when someone bets. Somehow on a 99JTx board, 44 wins the pot despite 3 people calling bets til the end.

Crap, SB, folds - 5 way action, 55 bet on the flop called by 3(4 way on the turn)... this is more like a tournament I'm used to at the $20 level, could be 3 people gone in the first 10 hands with this kind of play. 4 people all in on this hand... KT8x, two clubs... J5 SPADES vs 66 vs TT vs QJ clubs. QJ clubs has tons of outs and hits one of them to win the pot. Two people are eliminated. So 3 people gone in the first 10 hands? screw that, 3 people gone on the first 3 hands.

86o, button, folds

A4o, cutoff, folds - I am the only one not to see the flop here. 6 way action. Not too much happens though.

QJo, cutoff-1, folds

T3s, mp, folds - 4 see the flop for 90(putting one chump all in)... 77 goes all in on the flop(Q24) and takes out the short stack's KJo. We are down to 6.

crap, UTG, folds - AK vs AK end up all in pre-flop, AK hearts hits 4 to a flush on the flop but they split in the end.

32o, BB, I get a free flop with this monster, KTT flop, 4 turn, 3 river. We check around the entire way and its MY POT RARR.

65o, SB, i'll see a four way flop for 5 chips. K86 flop, two spades. We check it around. Another 8 on the turn and I put 60 chips into that one. one caller. River is an ace, we both check and I win the pot, guess he had a spade draw.

Level 2 - 15/30 blinds

We have 6 left. cmarinc has 3000 chips, 3 of us between 900-1300, fredfish has 600.

K9o, button, folds

Q9o, cutoff, folds

92o, UTG+1, folds

72s, UTG, folds - damn pussies... K7 vs TT on a KTxxK board(no 7) and somehow they don't end up all in(k7 bets 60 on the river, the boat just calls).

T5o, BB, folds on the flop

43s, SB - folds to 125 raise.

33, button - I limp w/ one limper before me, flop is AT8, two clubs and I'll give this one up.

73s, cutoff, folds

86s, UTG+1, folds

Q7o, UTG, folds

Level 3 - 25/50 blinds

6 still remain, I am still in 5th with 850 chips(before posting blinds) and there are still 3 of us real close to each other. Fredfish still short, klafrance has 1700, cmarinc 3000 still.

A8o, BB, folds to 3x pre-flop raise.

JTs, SB - limp into 3 way action. Fold on QQ4 board.

T8o, button, folds

T7o, cutoff, folds

K5o, UTG+1, folds

85s, UTG, folds

I gotta play more hands 6 handed... without this limping bullshit everyone is doing.

Q4o, BB - the limping bullshit ends when I'm in my blind as there's a raise pre-flop.

A5s, SB - There's 1 limp, and I raise to 150 chips. called by the big blind(cmarinc, the 3000 chip guy) only. The flop is all low cards and I go all in for my last 500ish chips. I win the pot and am back up to 900 chips and feeling a bit better.

Q8s, button, folds

J9o, cutoff, folds Fredfish doubles u to 500 with aces

Level 4 - 50/100 blinds

The situation is basically the same. cmaric and klafrance at 2700/1600, pookiecat 1200, bamaboy 1000, me 900, fredfish 500.

K5o, folds fredfish doubles up to over 1000 w/ AK. Crap.

Q4o, UTG, folds - fredfish takes a 600 pot off the chipleader,he's in 2nd now.

33, BB - we now have 5 people between 800-1400 chips. I fold to a raise here.

T4s, SB, folds

A9o, button, I steal the blinds w/ a raise.

88, cutoff - I again open-raise to 300. I'm called by cmarinc. The flop isn't great but I need this pot, KQx, I am gone if he has a King or Queen I know. But he folds and I am up to 1350 and in ok shape again.

65o, UTG+1, folds

Q2o, UTG, folds

T2o, BB, folded around, I win.

JTs, SB - I limp into a 5 way pot. Flop comes QT2 with 1 of my suit... I call 100 into the 500 pot. The turn is another queen and I fold to an all in.

Level 5 - 100/200 blinds

I have 1200 chips. I cannot believe there are STILL 6 left. chipleader has 1900. last has 850. This is really just going to become a random event.

T7s, cutoff, folds

J9o, UTG+1, folds ALL INS ALL INS. and our former chipleader for like 7000 hands is gone. pookiecat47 has 4000 chips now.

crap, UTG< folds

J4o, BB, free flop and checked to the river where a 4 straight gives me a jack high straight. I try to underbet the pot but no luck.

crpa, SB folded

T7o, button, folds

J5s, cuotff, folds

J3s, UTG, folds

Level 6 - 150/300 blinds

klafrance has 293.

AJo, BB - min raise from pookiecat. Do I play conservative or push? Screw that, I push. AJ 5 handed is pretty solid. If he's got me he's got me. pookie thinks for quite awhile and folds. I am now clear 2nd with 1800 chips(before blind)

63o, SB - folds, fredfish all in for 972. he wins blinds.

62o, button - klafrance is all in blind. he loses to bamaboy who limped w/ K5o.

J3o, cutoff

We're down to 4. I am in 2nd but it's very very very close. 3500, 1650(me), 1493, 1422.

J4s, BB, folds. Now I'm in 3rd.

T6o, SB, folds

97s, button, folds - fredfish in the BB - pookie raises his blind and steals it.

J7s, UTg, folds - pookie limps, free flop for bamaboy - all in on the flop. bamaboy is behind but hits a flush on the turn and now its me and fred in trouble.

K7o, BB - fold to raise. Fred stealing mor than me and now I'm in trouble.

J9o, SB folds

K2o, button, folds

Level 7 - 200/400 blinds

A9o, UTG, I'm all in, I'm called by fredfish with 88. An ace on the river and I'm alive!

A3o, BB - fredfish all in for 822. Do I call this(400 more)? I do. He has KQ suited. My ace high holds up and I am all of a sudden chip leader and in the money!!

In the Money

KQ, I raise but pookie goes all in. Am I willing to take this all in? Not just yet.

folds 32o.

63o bb, pookie limp, bamaboy raise, pookie all in. AK vs A9, King and 9 both hit, bamaboy dominant position now.

folds SB.

me and pookie are tied basicaly.

K4o BB - pookie limps/gets raised by bama again. pookie calls, they're all in and bama's AT beats pookie's T9.

Level 8 - 250/500 blinds]

I'm down 7:1 here.

I have to call an all in w/ 86o. It's a great spot to be in, he has ducks(22). But I don't hit and I finish 2nd.

I win $60 for my efforst and show a small net positive between these two tourneys.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:51 PM   #290
Radii
Head Coach

Here's another $20+$2 sit n go. These things should be consistantly profitable, I should be able to maintain a 40%+ in the money and 30% ROI out of them over time.

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

crap, UTG+1, folds - 3 in for 75 chips pre-flop, 2 see the turn for 75 more. On the river a 300 bet is raised all in and folded, gamlord has 350 left.

K3s, UTG, folds - 6 way flop but a pot sized bet takes it on the flop

K3o, BB, folds to raise - 4 see the flop for 45 chips. swolencolen(nice name) open-raised w/ 88 here.

J4o, SB, folds

53o, button, folds

A3s, cutoff, I'll limp if 3 before me do(and it looks like 6-way action)... nope, only 2, folds

A4o, cutoff-1, folds

T5o, MP, folds - BB raises 3 limpers to 250, and 2 of them call. Then, with 780 chips in the pot, he bets 30 on the flop. This causes BellaI, who called 250, to fold with 30 chips ermaining. BB and doroama end up alli n with AQ vs KJ on a Kxx board... weird.

Key Hand
AKo, MP - Strontic open-raises to 50, and I re-raise to 150. RADMAN309 calls. doroama calls. And strontic re-raises to 500. Knowing what's giong to happen afterwards, and fearing strontic, I fold. And boy was that one of my best folds ever. Strontic has AA. Behind me radman went all in with 88. Strontic has 2310 chips. We're down to 8.

Level 2 - 15/30 blinds

couple hands folded in that aftermath. I have 625 chips left after folding AK.

QTo, UTG, folds

Key Hand
TT, BB - I just check when 3 people limp. The flop comes 9 high rainbow, and I call a 95 chip bet from olewis, ready to push the turn if an undercard comes. The turn is a queen, but olewis checks... good slowplay, or giving up the hand? 450 in the pot, I have ~450 left... I push. I win the pot right there. Now sure about how I played this really.

couple hands folded on the phone w/ oliegirl.

75o, UTG+1, folds

T7o, UTG, folds

T6s, BB, folds to 100 chip raise

Level 3 - 25/50 blinds

I have 860 before posting SB, which is right in the thick of things still with 7 left.

54o, SB, folds

T4o, button, folds

Kto, cutoff, folds

K9o, MP, folds

97o, UTG+1, folds

This table has gotten pretty tight.

K5o, UTG, folds

KK, BB - This woulda been a key hand if I'd won more than 1 BB... SB completed, I raised, he folded.

95o, SB - I steal the BB, folded around to me, I raise 3x.

AKo, button - Strontic raises to 100. I just call. Flop comes KQ6, all 3 hearts. I have the ace of hearts. He bets 150 on the flop and again I just call. The turn brings another queen. He bets 200 and I go all in for my last 650 over him. He thinks and calls, with JT, ten of hearts... I'm way ahead but he has some outs... jack of hearts on the river and my flush wins it.

Level 4 - 50/100 blinds

After that win I'm the chipleader at the table but it's still anyone's game. 1945 for me, 1415/1410 for 2nd and 3rd. Still 7 left.

couple of crap hands folded during writeup.

96o, UTG, folds

J9o, BB, folds to 3x raise. gamlord all in and out 7th with A9 vs AT.

Q4o, SB, I steal the BB when folded to me.

Q5o, button, folds

53o, cutoff, folds

T5o, UTG+1, folds

AA, UTG - I open to 300 - and I win the blinds :/

75o, BB - i check and fold on the flop

Level 5 - 100/200 blinds

K6o, SB, folds

I am 2nd in chips w/ 1895 after SB. olewis to my right leads with 1915. to his right is 3rd STrontic w/ 1665.

3 people(AAkeeler/Elmrock/doroama) shouldb e in all in/fold mode pre-flop.

T8s, UTG+1, folds

K9o, UTG, folds

J7o, BB - folds to one of the 3 guy's all-ins.

Q8o, SB, folds

Key Hand
AQs, button - a large stack open-raises to 400, what do I do w/ 1400 chips? I go all in. I win the pot there.

88, cutoff - I open raise to 700(enough to pot committ anyone behind me), and win the pot pre-flop.

A2o, UTG+1, folds

Level 6 - 150/300 blinds

I have a big chip lead, but with the blinds this big it doesn't mean a ton yet.

couple crap hands folded.

T3o, BB, folded aroudn to me.

Key Hand

AKo, button - olewis goes all in for 750 before me. I go all in to scare out blinds. AK vs J8. I win. down to 5.

Key Hand
AQo, button - I go all in again. Called by elmrock. He has J2o. He wins with a jack and 2 on the flop.

Key Hand
55, cutoff - I go all in again(I still dominate the table). Called by KK. I lose.

After that stretch, I am still chip leder, but I've evened out the chips all by myself. Everyone over 1000.

crap, BB, folds

QTo, SB, folds

64o, button, folds = 99 doulbes up vs 77(99 made quads just in case it was close)

32o, UTG, folds - we're down to 4 as short stack from last hand(77 loser) busts out.

Level 7 - 200/400 blinds

A7 vs QJ go all in as I fold my BB, and A7 hits a flush and we are in the money!

Key Hand

All in before me from the 3rd place guy, I'm in 2nd but we're basically even. I have AT. I go all in as well. He has A8 and I doubleup and we're down to 2!!

Chips are even, about 4k each.

Opponent goes all in every hand and I don't have any face cards. I blind down to 2600 in this manner before catching A3o. I call his all in and he has 95. I have big lead.

K9 very next hand, and I put the pressure on him with an all in. He folds

Level 8 - 250/500 blinds

I fold 42 to his all in, he shows AK.

Key HAnd
PLZ PLZ ALL IN BUDDEE. He does. I call. He shows 95o. I show my QQ. 9 ont he flop, but no other 9s or 5s. I WIN!

I take down $100 here, a profit of $78.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:05 AM   #291
Radii
Head Coach

November was one of those months where I earned more in bonus money than I cashed out at the end of the month.

PROFIT CASHED OUT:

August: $500
September: $0
October: $572
November: $362

putting me on pace for $4302 for the year, with $1434 earned so far.

One of two things has happened, I was talking about it with a buddy of mine a few days ago:

a) I am trying too hard to make sure I don't take a loss when earning a bonus, and thus play waaay too passively/timidly.

b) I get ahead b/c of the bonuses and start fucking around with games i'm not good at

so, this month, ONLY HOLDEM. NL/limit/single tablesit n go's are all fine, but only holdem, even on the crypto sites where I usually play a lot of stud.

Also, I'm going to start graphing my results. Since i'm not pounding out 15,000 hands per month like I used to, I don't see the long run as easily I think.

I track my results daily(at the end of each day I total up where i'm at and keep a running total), but I haven't been graphing the ups and downs, and I've seen that recommended at a couple of places.

So starting Dec 1, I am starting up a very simple excel spreadsheet that just tracks date vs bankroll. Over time there should be a pretty straight upward climb, that's one of those things i've seen people recommend to avoid getting caught up in small downswings, etc.

When i started tracking my results at this level of detail i felt $800 profit a month is very reasonable. I obviously haven't come close to that yet, but i haven't adjusted my expectations yet, even with only $2500 to start out the month, I feel that I should be able to win $1000 or more in a good month and average $800/mo.

So, the plan is the same this month... work off all crypto bonuses then play on intertops. But the focus is going to be a lot more on playing good poker every hand instead of pounding out the hands to earn bonus money.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:32 PM   #292
Radii
Head Coach

$20+$2 sit n go(warmup for the FOFC tourney tonight)

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

K8o, MP, folds - 4 see the flop, not much action after.

K2o, UTG+2, folds - 4 again, little action

42o, UTG+1, folds - only 2 this time, tight table

QJs, UTG, I limp, which is probably a mistake seeing how tight the table is early. It's raised to 45, and it looks like it might be 4 or 5 way so I go ahead and call. The flop comes ATT with two clubs.

AJo, BB, Theres a PF raise to 130 so I fold

53o, SB, folds - A5s hits a flush and takes a pretty big pot off of AK

xx, button - raise to 85, all in raise by the AK from last hand for like 130. we're down to 9

crap, cutoff, folded
crap, cutoff-1, folded

99, MP, fold to a raise before me

Level 2 - 15/30 blinds

A9s, UTG+2, folds

72o, UTG+1, folds

A9o, UTG, folds

AKo, BB, I misplay this hand HORRIBLY. First, I check when only two limp to me. Then, I don't try to bet out on the T9x flop. I raise the sB from 50 to 150 when a king hits the turn and 1 calls. Then, on the river, I see what I thought was a flush hit(that had been there from the flop) and checked it down. The flush didn't hit, I misread the board. So I have 975 chips now.

crap, SB, folds

A5o, button, folds

couple crap hands folded

J9o, MP, folds

93s, UTG+2, folds

Level 3 - 25/50 blinds

A bit distracted by a google search for a basketball hoop for the house and by my son going to bed, I am un-distracted now

9 remain, I have 975 chips.

97o, UTG+1, folds

crap, UTG, folds

84o, BB, folds to 150 raise pre-flop

A3o, SB, folds to 200 raise PF - one calls tho and folds on the flop. Zeus750 is down to 245 chips.

84o, button, folds

KTo, folds

Q6o, folds

96o, MP, folds

95o, UTG+1, folds

Level 4 - 50/100 blinds

boring tourney. 900 chips. Not getting cards, and I'm *really* done searching for a basketball goal now.

95o, UTG, folds

72s, BB, folds to raise before me(a minraise to 200 steals the pot)

Q2o, SB, folds

54s, button, folds - 2 in for 200 pre-flop. 500 pot pre-flop, johnnychankgb hits a set of 9s on the flop and slowplays tilt he rvier where he doubles up over actcason's AJ.

K3o, cutoff, folds

95o, MP, folds - AQ knocks out QJ.

J4o, UTG+2, folds

A5s, UTG+1, folds

63o, UTG, folds

QJs, BB - I call a min raise here but fold to an all in when the flop misses me.

Level 5- 100/200 blinds

KJs, SB - Just 1 limper, from actcason. I decide to push here. I only have 500 more chips left and people have been folding to agression. actcason calls, and he has me dominated, AJs. A king hits on the flop but a four flush for him also hits, and he fills out his flush on the river. I am out 8th.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:48 PM   #293
Radii
Head Coach

STEPS. A new set of Tournaments from Partypoker. It looks interesting, espicially the large number of chances once you get into the middle levels to get 2nd and 3rd chances. So I'll take a shot at the $11+$1 level and see how it goes.

http://www.partypoker.com/news/event...llenge-04.html

At level 1, it's a 2 table sit n go. Make the final four to advance. 1st-4th matters not, just 4th or better.

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

Q4o, button, folds = AA vs AK all in. we're down to 19. taichiman has 2000 chips now from the starting 1000.

52o, cutoff, folds
65o, cutoff-1, folds
JTo, MP, folds
85s, MP, folds
J7o, UTG+1, folds
92s, UTG, folds
K7o, BB, free flop 5 way, I hit middle pair but don't chase.

Key Hand
33, SB - I'll see a flop for 5 chips, 4 way to the flop. Bingo. A73 rainbow flop. I check the flop and call a 30 chip bet from Roser, as does 1 other. The turn brings a diamond draw. Roser bets 150 and I decide to raise it here. I raise to 450. roser re-raises to put me all in and I call. He shows AJo. He's drawing dead on the turn. I nearly double up to 1820 in chips and am in great shape early.

Level 2 - 10/20 blinds

10 minute levels by the way.

32o, button, folds

Roser's spot is filled to make it 9 at each table.

J2o, cutoff, folds
86o, cutoff-1, folds

AKo, MP - one limper, I raise to 60 chips(3x the BB). Table seems reasonably tight so far. I miss the flop, Q65 rainbow. I bet 100 into the 150 pot. If he comes over me or calls I'll give it up unles I hit. But, he folds. Up to 1910 chips.

85o, MP, folds
T6s, UTG+1, folds
62o, UTG, folds
T6s, BB, check/fold

Level 3 - 15/30 blinds

45o, SB, folds

I have 1875 in chips and we're down to 17 people.

J9o, button, folds
QTs, cutoff, folds
95o, cutoff-1, folds
J4o, MP, folds
J5o, MP, folds

couple crap hands folded

Q4s, SB, folds
J4s, button, folds

We're down to 15 now.

AJo, I raise 1 limper pre-flop to 3x and get a call. I bet the pot(200ish) on the flop which comes QQ7, and I win the pot.

1965 in chips.

J4s, cutoff-1, folds
87o, UTG+1, folds

AJo, UTG - I open raise to 90 (we're 7 handed here). I steal the blinds

J7o, BB - I fold to a minraise

Level 4 - 25/50 blinds

I have 1955 after posting my SB. Still in fine shape.

74s, SB, folds
T3o, button, folds
A6s, cutoff - fold to a 320 all in.
92o, cutoff-1, folds

J6o, UTG+1, folds - 2 people call a 395 all-in. One of them was a big stack w/ q5. He goes all in on a 345 flop and wins.

Down to 6 at our table.

K9o, UTG, folds
96o, SB, folds (skipping BB thanks to the guy going out)
QJo, button, folds to a raise before me
42o, cutoff, folds
T3o, MP, folds

Key Hand
AKs, UTG, I open-raise to 150. I'm called by the big stack at the table. He bets the pot on the flop, AQT, two spades. Do I put my tourney life at stake here or fold? Knowing I need more chips to make 4th, and hoping alexk94 isn't as insane as I, I push all in. HE folds. I'm up over 2300 chips.

84o, BB, I flop an inside straight draw but fold it when it never hits.crap

crap, SB, folds - down to 5 at my table, A9 vs 66 all in, A9(alexk94) wins it.

We're down to 11, blinds getting ready to go up.

Q9o, MP, folds
53s, UTG, folds

Level 5 - 50/100 blinds

T3o, BB - I fold to a raise.

11 remain. I'm 3rd at my table in chips, and 3rd in the tourney. They're all over here.

84o, SB, folds

There are only 2 guys with less than 1K in chips so I don't expect a mass exodus starting at 50/100 or anything.

A4o, button, I fold to a raise here

55, MP - I open to 300 and get called by hillz2, the 2nd biggest stack. He bets the flop when 3 overs come and I'm gone.

72o, UTG, folds

65s, BB - free flop/turn/river, I runner/runner a flush and win a small pot from the chipleader, alexk94(he calls my pot sized(only 200) bet on the river).

crap, SB, folds

42s, button, folds

85o, cutoff - so far my table is just trading chips back and forth, alexk94 is slowly buliding his stack though, up to 4K for him.

J4o, UTG, folds

A8o, BB - I let the big stack push me a bit, I fold to a 400 chip raise here. (he had 55, and won an 1800 chip pot unimproved)

K6o, SB, folds

42o, button, folds

64o, MP, folds

K9o, UTG, folds

J7o, BB, I fold to a raise PF

T2o, SB, folds

A8s, button - I call a min raise and flop bottom pair, and fold to a 800 chip bet from alexk94. Bleh.

85s, MP, folds

Level 6 - 75/150 blinds

KJs - I raise the blinds and go all in on the flop of all low cards and take a decent pot to get back to 1980 in chips.

crap, BB/SB, folded to raises.

I am at 1905 in chps, 4th at my table and 5th in the tourney... 6th after someone busts on the other table.

Final Table

10 left, I'm 6th in chips.

crap, MP, folds.

J4o, UTG+2, folds
J3s, UTG+1, folds - we're down to 9 as AQ beats AK.

32o, UTG, folds

83o, SB, folds (skipping BB thx to the guy that went out)

Q5o, button, folds

T7s, cutoff, folds
K8o, cutoff-1, folds - chips change hands as AA doubles up over A8.

K2o, MP, folds
82o, MP, folds
86s, UTG+1, folds
T3o, UTG, folds

1 hour break

I'm 7th out of 9 in chips, and with 100/200 blinds coming will need to make a move in the next level.

Level 7 - 100/200 blinds

Average stack is 2222 at this point, but I'm outchipped by most. 3400 is the chipleader, then 4 others in the 2000s, then a 1900, then me at 1830(with BB hitting first hand), then a 1300 and 820 weaker stacks.

85o, BB
J8s, SB, folds to all in raise. KK vs 99... wow. 955 flop. 5 turn. K river. Night 99. down to 8.

Key HAnd
AQs, button - A smaller stack calls. Do I push this? I think I have to. I push my remaining 1530 chips in. The small stack calls me, with AJ!!! DOMINATION. And it holds up. I double up and knock out a smaller stack all at once.

I am now 3rd out of only 7 left. Lotta action right out of the break. I have 3135. Leaders have 4400 and 4340. 3 in the 2000s, 1 at 520.

ATo, MP, I go ahead and fold this to a 3x raise before me. AQ vs AQ end up all in, good fold, me.

K6o, UTG+1, folds
Q4s, UTG, folds - we're down to 6 now, and it wasn't the small stack that busted. This could be over soon.

J3o, SB - AGAIN I skip BB thx guy busting. I fold

Small stack down to 320 here.

AKo, button, I open to 3x the blind, 600. I win the blinds, including the small stack's SB who is down to 220.

KTs, cutoff, I limp in after the big stack, looking to hit a monster. I fold when a 2800 stack raises all in.

J6s, MP, folds 220 stack all in with A9. Facing AJ. AJ hits two pair and we're down to only 5 now.

Bubble

5 left. 4 make it. I'm 4th out of 5, 5th is only 200 less than me.

I'm in 5th after smaller stack steals my BB.

43o, button, folds

with everyone having 2.5x the BB or so, this may take some time.

J5o, MP, folds

92s, UTG, folds

94o, BB, hillz2 raises me and the big stack liimper, I fold. big stack calls(only a min raise). hillz bets half his stack on the flop and is called. all in on the turn. ITS OVER. 99 vs 87 on a 77x board. Hillz overplayed that *big time*.

I win a $55 entry into level 2.

Step 2 opens up quite a bit. The top 4 move on to step 3. 5th and 6th get another freeroll into another step 2($55 entry) tourney, and 7th gets $30(a profit of $18, though that would suck).
Old 12-07-2004, 09:08 PM   #294
Radii
Head Coach

Step 2 - 2 table tourney

This is a $50+$5 buyin tournament.

Top 4 go on to step 3. 5th and 6th get another shot here. 7th gets $30, for me, that'd be a profit of $18.

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

Key Hand
55, button, I call a minraise and we see a 5 way pot. Flop is pretty, K53r. raiser bets 60, I raise to 150, he goes all in. I call. He has pocket aces. No ace, I win.

After 1 hand of the tournament, I have 2105 chips.

crap, cutoff, folds
T2o, cutoff-1, folds
A3o, MP, folds
Q2s, MP, folds
K8o, UTG+1, folds
T6o, UTG, folds
K2o, BB, check/fold
T8o, SB, folds

Level 2 - 10/20 blinds

18 remain

98o, button, folds
K9o, cutoff, folds
82o, cutoff-1, folds
Q7o, MP, folds
T8s, UTG+2, folds
93o, UTG+1, folds

77, UTG, I limp. And I fold on the flop.

Q7s, BB - free flop and i fold on the flop.

73o, SB, folds
Q3o, button, folds
87o, cutoff, folds
Q6s, cutoff-1, folds
T9o, MP, folds

Level 3- 15/30 blinds

2030 chips, 2nd in the tourney still first by a lot at my table.

K3o, UTG, folds
A4o, BB, folds on the flop
83o, SB, folds
43o, button, folds
94o, cutoff, folds

AQo, cutoff-1, i open-raise to 90 and win the pot.

T9s, cutoff-2, folds
J5o, MP, folds
K5o, UTG+1, folds

Level 4 - 25/50 blinds

84o, UTG, folds

2030 chips, still doing great but woudl like to make some more gains. 17 left still.

A7s, BB - a nice free 5 way pot. And I flop a nice nut flush draw. free turn, apirs the low card on the board(a 3). I fold to a 1500 all in on the turn. Weird bet.

J7o, SB, folds

A9o, button, folds
87o, cutoff, folds
97o, MP, folds
Q7s, MP, folds

I am moved to table #2.

QJo, UTG+2, folds
95s, UTG+1, folds
T2s, UTG, folds

(talking to oliegirl, no idea what happened here)

AQo, button, I open to 150. The blinds now have more than me. But I steal here.

83o, cutoff, folds
63o, cutoff-1, folds

Level 5 - 50/100 blinds

15 people left. 8 at my table.

76o, MP, folds

AJo, UTG+1 - down to 7 at my table now. I open to 300 here. I win the blinds.

Q7s, folds

AKo, BB - down to 6 at my table now. There's a raise to 250. I flat call. I fold to a large bet on the flop when I miss.

AJo, sB - two limp, and I limp too. Flop comes A77, I bet the pot and win it.

54o, button, folds

Key Hand
AKo, cutoff-1, I raise to 300, and bet 500 on the flop when I'm called. I'm raised all in and fold, and that hurts me bad.

Both blinds folded to raises.

I have 1105 chips left after the blinds, and I'm now 400 below average with 13 left.

J7o, button, folds

Key Hand

AQo, cutoff - I open all in. I'm called by a bigger stack. AQ vs 99. Qxxx, then a 9 on the river, and I'm out 12th.

That means starting over on the step thingy. I have a bonus to finish somewhere else though but I will almost certainly come back to this, the style intrigues me.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:22 PM   #295
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
That means starting over on the step thingy. I have a bonus to finish somewhere else though but I will almost certainly come back to this, the style intrigues me.

^
|
|

IWS
Old 12-10-2004, 11:49 AM   #296
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

I think STEPS could be right up your alley. Keep us updated. Have you thought about getting Harrington on hold'em? I haven't read it yet but it probably has some really good stuff on these tourneys.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:03 PM   #297
Subby
lolzcat

Radii -

Thanks for letting us know about STEPS - that sounds really cool. I cancelled my Party account recently and am going to try and set up an account through RakeReturns in 6 months, so I am out of the loop for now. But I am going to play the hell out of Steps when I get back in.

Good read, as usual.

PS. Have you started on your Interpoker bonus yet? The tables have loosened somewhat but were ungodly tight at the beginning of the month...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Old 12-10-2004, 01:13 PM   #298
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Thanks for letting us know about STEPS - that sounds really cool. I cancelled my Party account recently and am going to try and set up an account through RakeReturns in 6 months, so I am out of the loop for now. But I am going to play the hell out of Steps when I get back in.

I just may do that myself after the move. I spend so much time bonus whoring elsewhere that I wouldn't miss party as much. InterTops sucks. Badly.

Quote:

PS. Have you started on your Interpoker bonus yet? The tables have loosened somewhat but were ungodly tight at the beginning of the month...

I played $100 NL the entire time with great sucess(something like bought in for $500, cashed out for $790 or so after my 500 hands). Though i've only done InterPoker and not any of the other Crypto sites.

I have slowed down a bit with the upcoming move. I cashed out down to about $1000 to help pay for breaking the lease. So the next couple of months I will be working with a smaller bankroll, and the rest of this month we are in a packing frenzy.

I expect there will be pockets of time where I can work on a bonus or play the STEPS tourneys, but there's no way I'll finish all the bonuses I usually get for December.

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone

I haven't looked at Harrington's book yet. Is it out already?

Last edited by Radii : 12-10-2004 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:50 PM   #299
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

Quote:
I haven't looked at Harrington's book yet. Is it out already?

There is a twoplustwo thread with people who preordered already having got their books. It might not be in stores yet though. I am strictly a limit player so I haven't really checked it out but it seems like it would be very helpful for things like STEPS. I know that Small Stakes Hold 'em really helped my game so I would expect this book to be good as well. If you do get it let us know what you think. Good luck with the move. That can really be stressful.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:41 PM   #300
Subby
lolzcat

Radii -

What's wrong with Intertops? I hear you have to transfer your money to the casino to get it out, but is there anything else wrong with it? According to Bonuswhores the IGMPAY code works there, so that's about $200-250 in bonus whoring for which you can hit that site up.

The worst thing about Interpoker and all the Crypto sites is their lack of a bonus raked hands meter ala the Party skins...I realize there is a crypto counter out there, but it only records per session stats...

I qualified for the 10K guaranteed NL tourney on Empire tonight...if you get bored you should enter - 25+2 and it starts at 9p est.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com