Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-10-2007, 09:37 PM   #251
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I've been using some sliders from OS on All-American, they are pretty good. My only complaint is my scores are kind of low on 16 minutes, he actually suggests 14 minutes...I might slightly bump shooting fouls to get some more free throws.

I'm NC State, were 4-0 against a bunch of bums...but we've struggled winning by 8-17 points in the 4 games. Everyone has played a zone against us and we haven't been very successful at hitting open threes. We're going to get manhandled by ACC teams I think.

Recruiting is going great, I've landed a 3* center...even though we have a ton of depth there but my other three scholarships are going to PGs and a SG, it looks like all three of them will be coming to Raleigh which should put us in good shape.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:17 AM   #252
Radii
Head Coach

Well I was about to post about a great game I played in the opening round of my conference tournament, taking advantage of poor Kennesaw State defense to get my big men numerous layups, and taking good 3s out of a good inside out setup with my big men, I had a lead of about 10 points the entire game... but instead, I am going to bitch about anoher game crash!

Twice since I "fixed" the 360 by getting it off the carpet and getting a new College Hoops game that didn't have a scratched disc, I've been playing a game, the game after awhile functions normally except for the fact that the announcers go silent, then I get a "can't read disc" error and am stuck. Is there a known cause for this one?

I'm looking forward to finishing up recruiting and getting into my second season... hopefully at least
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:40 AM   #253
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Twice since I "fixed" the 360 by getting it off the carpet and getting a new College Hoops game that didn't have a scratched disc, I've been playing a game, the game after awhile functions normally except for the fact that the announcers go silent, then I get a "can't read disc" error and am stuck. Is there a known cause for this one?

The only time I see these issue is when I go to sub when I have another substitution already setup, and I say "NO" to overriding the previous sub. The announcers go silent and the presentation of the game just goes away (no pass icons). I've seen it happen more when I use the Quick sub menu too.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:56 AM   #254
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I played online for fun this morning and this dude smoked me.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:16 AM   #255
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I played online for fun this morning and this dude smoked me.

I played a guy last night, my Tar Heels vs his Kansas Jayhawks. Tyler Hansbrough was unstoppable, but the guy was pretty good and forcing a good number of turnovers, he ended up winning by 10, and there was never really doubt that he was going to win. I didn't think about the facdt that none of my single player settings were saved... I couldn't remember which camera angle I use and like in single player, so I ended up playing in some awkward overhead 45 degree angle view that I couldn't stand.

Fun game though, I'm looking forward to this!
Old 01-13-2007, 09:30 AM   #256
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Just played my first online game. As usual, it's always a little nerve-wracking playing against a real person you don't know.

Of course, he kicked my butt - his UCF team beat my UTEP, 74-53. It was a good game, however, even though he still was trying to steal my inbound passes when I was down by 20 with 2 mins left (meh).

Overall, the experience was a fun one - I stink (which was to be expected), but still had a good time. Look me up (craigsca), if you're ever looking for an easy online victory.

Is there any way to make both teams equal in ratings automatically? I would think that would be the much fairer way to play.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:27 AM   #257
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
This is EXACTLY what happened to me on my first gen X-box all the time. I tried every "fix" out there, which seemingly took care of the problem for a few games, then it would return. I rarely if ever had this problem with "low memory" type games but 25-50 percent of the time with "high memory" sports games.

After all the sturm and drang, I eventually decided that it must be an inherent flaw in the Xbox production that MS has never recognized or admitted. Too many people have this problem all the time and too few people never have this problem for this to make any logical sense. I held off on getting a 360 for this reason, before deciding that I would go and ahead and take the plunge with the attitude that if I had any problem with crashes I was returning the box until I got one that didn't crash.

Knock on wood, but I have yet to have a problem with my 360 -- furthering making me believe that some X-boxes are defective, whether it's the hard drive, memory, CPU or disc drive.

Last edited by kcchief19 : 01-13-2007 at 11:27 AM.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:47 PM   #258
Radii
Head Coach

I had it freeze again during the selection show last night, I still have my receipt, I may pack it back up and see what Best Buy's exchange policy is.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:54 PM   #259
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Can anyone post the exact sliders they are using? I am aiming 20 minute halfs, with the most realistic results as possible.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:06 AM   #260
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Can anyone post the exact sliders they are using? I am aiming 20 minute halfs, with the most realistic results as possible.

Play Mode: Simulation
Difficulty: All Conference
Half Length: 20
Simulated Half Length: 20
Game Speed: 38
Player Speed: 38
Free Throw Difficulty: 50
Player Lock: Off
Real Player FT%: On
Fatigue: On
Injuries: On
Team Unity: On
Clutch Factor: On
Pass Icon: On
Def Player Icon: On
Inbound Def Switch: On
Weekly Show Popup: On

Rules are all on.

One and One FT Bonus: 7 fouls
Double FT Bonus: 10 fouls
Foul Out: 5

Charging Foul: 100
Blocking Foul: 75
Reaching Foul: 100
Shooting Foul: 100
Loose Ball Foul: 95

Gameplay Sliders (Human/CPU) - I *just* lowered all shooting sliders by 1 for both sides as I'm seeing shooting percentages that are a bit too high even now that I'm getting better defensive players.

Inside Range: 48/47
Mid Range: 48/47
3 point range: 48/47
Dunk Success: 48/47
Layup Success: 48/47

All shot tendencies are at default of 50.

Attributes: All are at default of 50 except (Human/CPU):

Offensive Rebounding: 55/45
Defensive Rebounding: 55/45

Gameplay: All are at default of 50 except (Human/CPU):

Team Unity Effects: 100/100
Help Defense: 55/55
Help Recovery: 55/55

Fitness: All sliders at default of 50/50, but I've toyed with the idea of increasing injury frequency and injury effects and may do so very soon.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:13 AM   #261
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

After looking at my team being the only healthy team in the conference and we've been healthy all year for the most part, I just bumped up injury frequency and effects to 55 for both the CPU and Human. I've hardly seen any injuries in 50 plus games played.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:14 AM   #262
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks EF, I am starting a legacy with UCA tonight. We will see how that goes as I am not very good at the game I have discovered.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:16 AM   #263
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I've noticed that with these sliders which are very close to default, having a senior laden lineup makes a huge difference. My team with 4 seniors in the starting lineup is now 11-4 and 11 wins was the most I've had the last 2 years. The good news is that the 3 3 star players who I've been working since they were sophomores in HS all have me as #1 on their list so far..

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-14-2007 at 12:16 AM.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:23 AM   #264
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

FWIW, with the changed sliders I had my lowest shooting percentages that I've had in any game despite getting some easy baskets due to my opposition almost constantly running the full court trap. That trap led to plenty of turnovers and also quite a few easy baskets but I still only shot 35%. My two best shooters had very cold nights from outside - one is rated 92 in 3 pointers. He was 2 of 9 behind the arc. I'm a bit tired and it's hard to judge anything from one game, but I might end up going back up 1 point on at least the 3 pointers, we'll see. But, I like that there were more rebounds and shooting percentages seemed more realistic overall. They shot 40%. So, I'll probably stick with these sliders for 5-10 more games, especially since the simulated stats seem to have plenty of teams with lower shooting percentages.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:04 PM   #265
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Double Dola -

I really wish there was a shooting slider somewhere between 48-49. 49 and my guys shoot a bit too high of a percentage. 48 and it is quite a bit too low. Just lost 54-50 in a game in which I had a 30% shooting game where my 92 and 89 rated 3 point shooters both shot below 20% from behind the arc despite getting some good looks. I'll probably go up to 49 on the 3 point shots in a few games if this continues, but keep the other shooting sliders at 48 as I like the generally lower overall shooting percentages and more realistic scores.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-14-2007 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:37 PM   #266
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I played the first game of my legacy last night with your sliders. I am UCA and we suck. We went and played at St. Bonventure, and while they are not world beaters, they are a decent club. I think they have an offense that slows things down in real life. We went it to half with them beating us 23-21, with both teams shooting around 26%. I took a brief lead when I came out hot in the second half, something like 33-29. They played lights out for the rest of the game and beat me 68-48. I shoot around 26% and they shot 38%. I may tweak the scoring up a bit. The only thing that seems off to me is turnovers, with neither team having many.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:26 AM   #267
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I just upped the 3 point shooting 1 notch for each team (49 for human and 48 for CPU) and kept everything else as in the post above and I just had my best game yet as far as a good shooting percentage and both teams were evenly matched. We shot 45% and they shot 43%. I'm going to leave it like that until the end of the season at least.

Also, playing at the frenetic pace online really makes the 38/38 sliders seem so slow now and that has helped my play and my shooting percentage as I'm making more good moves with the ball.

Edit: My 4 senior team has 15 wins now. I think we actually have a chance to make it to the tournament as we seem to be one of the best 2 or 3 teams in the conference and I actually think I have a chance in the conference tournament.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-15-2007 at 12:29 AM.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #268
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Very delayed Dola -

FYI: A Patch has been released on Live. No patch notes, but the consensus on OS at least at this junction is that it fixes the "continuation" bug on blocking calls and also tweaks fouls in general. Therefore, these sliders may have to be revised. Some people reporting very high foul totals with sliders upped to 100.

I haven't seen anyone mention the patch affecting shooting percentages, but 8 minutes into a game and both teams are shooting under 20% which I've never had happen. Therefore, I'm wondering if that was tweaked to make the default 50 more realistic. Either that or both teams are just having a cold start to the game.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:21 PM   #269
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I have a $30 Gamestop credit.. won't be long. I can't believe they still want $55 for a used copy.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:11 PM   #270
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well my star player had a horrible game (1 of 14 shooting) but the rest of both teams warmed up in the 2nd half of the game and I shot 45% and they shot 38%. So, if they tweaked shooting percentage in the patch, I doubt it was a big tweak. I'm going to follow shooting percentages for the next 10 games keeping my above sliders. I doubt I will have to adjust anything except for possibly adjusting fouls.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:12 PM   #271
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I have a $30 Gamestop credit.. won't be long. I can't believe they still want $55 for a used copy.

Besides FOF2007, this is getting the most play for me despite having received several games for Christmas and my birthday that I eventually want to play.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:28 PM   #272
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Besides FOF2007, this is getting the most play for me despite having received several games for Christmas and my birthday that I eventually want to play.

That's great EF! GOW is getting some serious play along with NHL 07 still getting a few games every other day or so.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:34 PM   #273
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's great EF! GOW is getting some serious play along with NHL 07 still getting a few games every other day or so.

I received GOW for my Birthday and am really looking forward to playing it, but can't seem to tear myself away from College Hoops when I do have 360 playing time. About to finish my 3rd season and just took my Nicholls State team over the 20 win mark and am looking likely to advance to the Final Game of my conference tournament. I'm also the top choice of 2 3 star athletes, but I'm afraid they are going to bail for bigger schools like the other 2 I were pursuing appear to be doing. F#!%%!! Baylor.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:27 PM   #274
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I received GOW for my Birthday and am really looking forward to playing it, but can't seem to tear myself away from College Hoops when I do have 360 playing time. About to finish my 3rd season and just took my Nicholls State team over the 20 win mark and am looking likely to advance to the Final Game of my conference tournament. I'm also the top choice of 2 3 star athletes, but I'm afraid they are going to bail for bigger schools like the other 2 I were pursuing appear to be doing. F#!%%!! Baylor.

Wow.. are you playing all your games out or simming some?
Old 01-19-2007, 10:41 PM   #275
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow.. are you playing all your games out or simming some?

Simming half of them each season. Also, if I'm getting blown out by 25 or more in the 2nd half, I sim to the end of the game. I simmed a lot of those types of game in my first season. I'm not sure if it is good or bad that my star SF (who is a senior) had better games when I simmed and we won more games when I simmed. I choked in my conference tournament final and am watching the selection show now, hoping that the 2nd team in the Southland somehow gets into the tournament with 20 wins and a weak schedule (although I doubt it.) Oh yeah, this team has 4 seniors that are the backbone of my team. If I don't get at least 2 of those 3 star athletes I'm pursuing, it could be very ugly next year.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-19-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:38 PM   #276
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I can;'t figure out how to sim to the end. My Maryland Eastern Shore team had, by far, our worst game tonight, losing to Kansas State 66-22 at halftime. I would have given my right leg to sim to the end We ended up losing 122 to 58 or something.

So...how DO you sim to the end? I can't find it anywhere.
how do you know?

Old 01-19-2007, 11:59 PM   #277
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
I can;'t figure out how to sim to the end. My Maryland Eastern Shore team had, by far, our worst game tonight, losing to Kansas State 66-22 at halftime. I would have given my right leg to sim to the end We ended up losing 122 to 58 or something.

So...how DO you sim to the end? I can't find it anywhere.

In the start menu, go to quit game. It will give you an option to sim to end

I left Nicholls State for Drexel and I'm sort of regretting it. Yes, I have more resources and I'm in a more prestigious conference. Also, I have many more recruiting points, but I'll be playing George Mason twice a year and they have been doing well in the game. On the plus side, I like recruiting players to Philly. On the downside, the new squad was 7-23 last year and have no outside shooting which is something my previous squad thrived on. Also, with the late job movement I was only able to get 1 3-star player and 1 2-star player for my new job despite having 3 scholarships (I thought I was going to get a 4 star player from Australia, but he didn't sign anywhere - maybe he decided to stay at home?) Meanwhile, Nicholls State got 3 of the 4 3-star guys I recruited spurning Baylor in 1 case. I decided to schedule them at my place so I can see the old team in action.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-20-2007 at 12:01 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:47 AM   #278
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
In the start menu, go to quit game. It will give you an option to sim to end

Ah, that explains why I could never find it! Thanks. EF!
how do you know?

Old 01-21-2007, 01:56 PM   #279
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm no longer regretting going to Drexel. They have a 7'0 230 pound sophomore (which means he is fictional) named Bingo Wilmont from Trenton, NJ. The kid has a decent post game, decent agility, and great shot blocking. I've never had so much fun playing defense in a console basketball game before. So far, against 3 scrub teams he is averaging 15 points, 11 boards, and 3 blocks per game and it's fun to play with him. It seems the previous coach went after all athletic/size guys and we are loaded with size including a 6'6 260 pound SG!?! If I can get 3 good shooters that I'm aiming for and last into next year, I think I could make this team quite good (my ultimate goal is to get hired by USC of course.)

Oh yeah, my old team held teams to about 45-48% shooting even when we had "good" defenders on the court. Now, that I have guys with defense ratings in the high 80's and blocking abilities, I'm holding teams to about 34% so far.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-21-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:00 PM   #280
CraigSca
Pro Starter

EF, do you find yourself usually running a single player on defense, or do you switch around?
how do you know?

Old 01-21-2007, 02:27 PM   #281
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
EF, do you find yourself usually running a single player on defense, or do you switch around?

Before I moved to Drexel, I switched around, usually controlling one of the perimeter players. Now, I'm strictly playing as this C and his backup (who has an even higher block rating - 91 currently but is shorter and isn't as effective otherwise) and since I have 8 guys with good defensive ratings, I'm playing M2M defense with a 3-2 zone as our secondary defense.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #282
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I am in the same boat as you EF. I have a 7'4 center that blocks shots all day. It is quite fun playing defense with someone that big.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:27 PM   #283
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

One thing that I'm slightly worried about is that recruiting might still be a bit too easy. I'm about to play my old Nicholl's state team at our place in Philly and I see that 3 of the Freshman I recruited are rated 70 already which should be enough for them to dominate their conference. Meanwhile, at Drexel, I got the 109th player overall to committ to my team (3 star but A in shooting and rebound as a 6'10 PF) I also got a 3 star SG with an A in shooting who is ranked 295th as an early signing. It'll be interesting to see if I get either of the 4 star guys I'm going after and to see how these 2 early signees turn out.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:32 PM   #284
Aylmar
High School Varsity

Quote:

I worked through some tech support with MS and figured out that if I take my hard drive off the machine and play from a memory unit, the problem goes away for me. Of course, I bought my 360 in April of last year and the "accessory" warranty is only 90 days so while they told me that the permanent fix was to replace the hard drive, they also told me I had to buy it myself...

I don't know if this will fix it for you, but it sure fixed my problem. We'll see what a new hard drive brings.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:40 PM   #285
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I just started an open legacy with Memphis. It is just more interesting for me. Anyway, I am having some problems beating the press. I will throw the ball away or lose the ball try to turbo past a trap. Any suggestions? This was against Jackson State, I still won by 20 but I had way to many turnovers.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #286
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I try not to throw it down the court too much. Usually I just play a little give and go with the inbounds passer. It usually doesn't give me much trouble against the CPU (real players, on the other hand, give me fits).
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 01-27-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:11 PM   #287
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I just played Oklahoma and they pressed me toward the end of the game. I just brought my PG back and then sent up a line and threw him the ball. I sprinted up and it worked every time. It does not hurt that both of my PGs are fast.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:17 PM   #288
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Tiger Woods is getting traded in tonight, that and a $30 Gamestop card should net me this game tonight... FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 12:28 PM   #289
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Tiger Woods is getting traded in tonight, that and a $30 Gamestop card should net me this game tonight... FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will send you my copy at a discount if you want.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:45 PM   #290
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I will send you my copy at a discount if you want.

A $30 gamestop card?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:41 PM   #291
bhlloy
Coordinator

So I finally bit the bullet & picked this up on PS2 expecting it to be a wasted $20, and the new passing AI has improved the realism of the game 300%. Last year I could pass into traffic with a back up center and not be worried about it being picked off. This year, I actually have to run my offense through my starting PG, because if anyone else on my crappy UC Riverside team tries a cross court pass it's probably going to be a turnover. There are also way less fast breaks because it's too dangerous to throw the ball up the court with a big man after a rebound or block.

I am now very glad that I made this purchase. Well worth it for the money.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 06:56 PM   #292
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I restarted my NBA 2k7 career post patch after importing a college hoops class (hoping to get Greg Oden on the Sixers,) and I think what was a very good game has been improved significantly by that patch. However, I still prefer college hoops more. It's not as pretty, but I just love how it represents the college basketball game and the presentation is top notch.

It turns out I don't regret going to Drexel at all. We just finished our season at 22-9 and lost a heart breaker in the CAA Conference Championship Game to George Mason. I was up by 12 with 5 minutes left, but my C who has been key to our team all year fouled out. They chipped away at the lead until they hit a shot with 1.2 seconds left to go up by 1. I had a timeout and got a good look, but my SG rimmed it out. What is really great about this game is how you have to adapt to your team (or bring in guys who fit your strategy.) Last year when I was at Nicholls State, our offense completely revolved around 3 outside shooters and rapid play. Arriving at this team, I found the shooting to be bad, although I set the "shooting" development slider to 30% which helped some guys develop a good outside shot as the season went along. From day 1, despite having bad shooting, we had superior size and speed. So, I ran a heavy trapping defense and had a great shot blocker who could clean up the mess and initiate the fast break and that was how we won this year. Totally different feel than last year with Nicholls State. Now, I lose 5 seniors including 3 starters and the recruiting has gotten harder as the season has gone along as bigger schools have started coming after a few guys I thought I was going to get. Will be interesting to see if we can get enough shooters and have enough of the athletic players step up into starting roles to finally make it to tournament next year. Also, I'm hoping my C doesn't leave early, but I doubt he will since he isn't that talented yet even though he is big.

Oh yeah, I thought there was a slim chance we would get an at large bid, and the tourney selection show was more fun than ever to watch as a result.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-03-2007 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:11 PM   #293
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

spleen said mine will be here on Monday! ..and I have the day off!!!
Old 02-03-2007, 08:01 PM   #294
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Forget that I said anything about recruiting being too easy. Bigger schools came in at the last minute and swooped up all of the guys I was gong for. I think the key to getting guys that are "above" the school's level is getting them early before anyone else comes after them. My 2 best players were early signees but they are both 3 star players. All of the 4 star players I was going after wouldn't sign early and went to better schools. Fortunately, I scrambled and did get a couple of specialists who should fit in well.

Oh yeah, George Mason went to the sweet 16 before losing to Louisville. I can't help but think I might have gone that far if we could have just held onto the win in the Conference Tourney game.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-03-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:48 PM   #295
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Played my first quick start game tonight! Talk about a lot of fun!!

I'll need to learn the game and then start up a dynasty with my Tigers! The atmostphere is excellent!!
Old 02-24-2007, 07:09 PM   #296
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Just picked this up... is there a good site around for FAQs on this for someone who isn't exactly an expert on the recruiting side of College Basketball? As well any sites for slider info?

A few of you guys are talking about players by name, is there some sort of roster set around... or are you just going by players numbers?

... and my 360 Gamertag is Davis00 if anyone wants to look me up.
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:01 PM   #297
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

There is a roster set (real names only I think) which can be downloaded from Operation Sports (if you have the transfer kit and a memory card.)

I'm not sure about any FAQ's, but I can tell you my general guidelines:

Don't recruit anyone who isn't starting out at least 70% interested already at the beginning of their Senior year (unless you are a power school.) If there are other bigger schools interested in them, I don't recruit them unless it is a school that is only slightly more powerful or they don't seem interested in the school. I try to recruit local guys from their sophomore or junior year on to build up interest. I'll be glad to answer any specific questions.

Operation Sports has some good slider sets as well, but honestly, I think the game only needs very slight slider tweaks.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-24-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #298
sabotai
General Manager

Finally got around to picking this up (It's been my fav. sports series the past few years, despite me not having much interest in college basketball). Starting out as Stony Brook. EF27, have you made any recent changes to the sliders you posted? I know I can just get them from OS, but they generally have several sets, and figured I got with one I know is well tested.

The first thing I notice playing this on a regular TV, not an HDTV....the text on screen REALLY sucks. I can't read some of it (Could someone tell me what the very last option in the Presentation menu says?). I would hook it up to my monitor, but I'm too used to playing in Widescreen. (My crappy, cheap regular TV does have an option to show stuff in 16:9 aspect). I guess that means I just going to HAVE to buy a Widescreen LCD monitor...it's not my choice anymore.

Last edited by sabotai : 03-21-2007 at 01:07 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #299
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

sabotai, I recommend the sliders that Eaglesfan27 last posted in this thread. Maybe he's made adjustments since his post, but those sliders play a damn good game of basketball.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #300
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I tweaked down the scoring a little bit on EF's slider. But I play as Memphis, a team that can run all day, has tons of depth, and can generally score from wherever they want to. I am still getting close to 100 points game.