Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-22-2007, 12:45 AM   #251
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Lol, its nice to see Arizona State at #4...its not going to last, but its nice

too bad Hawaii didnt play em this year, that woulda been cool, especially after that beating they took in the Hawaii Bowl last season
Old 10-22-2007, 02:12 AM   #252
Blade6119
Coordinator

Ya, it would have been nice to play hawaii when we had a coach who knew what the word defense meant...maybe you guys will know what that feels like too someday, so you dont have to go to OT against La Tech and San Jose State(who we beat easily...your toughest game all year is washington, who we already beat easily). Talk to me when you guys play a real team, regardless of them wanting to play you or not. Kansas has a more impressive resume then you guys, which is saying something
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:54 AM   #253
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ya, it would have been nice to play hawaii when we had a coach who knew what the word defense meant...maybe you guys will know what that feels like too someday, so you dont have to go to OT against La Tech and San Jose State(who we beat easily...your toughest game all year is washington, who we already beat easily). Talk to me when you guys play a real team, regardless of them wanting to play you or not. Kansas has a more impressive resume then you guys, which is saying something

lol thats quite a defensive post.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:57 AM   #254
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

dola, I really wasnt trying to sound like an ass in my post btw.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:08 AM   #255
Blade6119
Coordinator

If you werent, then im sorry for going off...but your post came across insulting, so sorry if i misunderstood you
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:13 AM   #256
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I always expect to see a KU cheerleader wearing a metal bikini with a chain around her neck not too far from their head coach.

Mangini is the spit and image of Vito from the Sopranos, the guy who sucked the security guard's cock.

And Fat Fuck Friedgen of the Maryland Turdles, while large, is no where near as blubbery as Mangini.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:17 AM   #257
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I think #10 in the BCS is about right for South Flordia. They should have beat Rutgers, but I think this is the correct spot for them.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:43 PM   #258
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I saw bits and parts of this game last night, most importantly the overturned USF TD, and I'm surprised that play didn't generate more discussion in this thread. I was playing cards with the sound down on the TV, so I didn'tget to hear the discussion of how/why that play was reviewable. But I'm stunned that it was reviewable.

Interestingly, apparently whether or not a player calls for a fair catch is NOT reviewable, and the Big East admits they blew one in the Louisville / UConn game which led directly to a TD:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Surprised I didn't hear more about this play beforehand.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:13 PM   #259
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Interestingly, apparently whether or not a player calls for a fair catch is NOT reviewable, and the Big East admits they blew one in the Louisville / UConn game which led directly to a TD:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Surprised I didn't hear more about this play beforehand.

You should've been hanging out more on Big East Rivals' boards. It was really funny listening to the UConn fan swear that Taylor wasn't trying to deceive anyone by what he did, and then have to back down when Taylor admitted that's exactly what he tried to do.

It's going to be a shame when someone decides that they weren't quite sure of what was going on the next time Taylor waves his arm as a punt is coming down.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:44 PM   #260
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I know they've had problems in the past, and that's why officials have been taking almost any arm wave as being a fair catch call and penalizing anyone who flutters that arm and then takes off. He's just setting someone up to get killed next time they half-heartedly call a fair catch.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:06 PM   #261
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
If you werent, then im sorry for going off...but your post came across insulting, so sorry if i misunderstood you

nah thats my bad, I was just honestly wishing that our teams had a chance to play this season. I hate that Hawaii is in the WAC and always will be.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:55 PM   #262
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Lol, its nice to see Arizona State at #4...its not going to last, but its nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
too bad Hawaii didnt play em this year, that woulda been cool, especially after that beating they took in the Hawaii Bowl last season

Quote:

Quote:
lol thats quite a defensive post.

Quote:
dola, I really wasnt trying to sound like an ass in my post btw.

Quote:

Quote:
nah thats my bad, I was just honestly wishing that our teams had a chance to play this season. I hate that Hawaii is in the WAC and always will be.

Worst. Flamewar. Evar.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:04 PM   #263
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Worst. Flamewar. Evar.

lol
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote