Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-14-2007, 10:59 AM   #251
Travis
Pro Rookie

Best recommendation I can give for betting is to keep using that Jeff the Booky thread on their forums. When you see a bet listed, just make sure that it is indeed human vs computer and that the human team is the higher rated of the two on the team info page. Past that I'll do a quick check to make sure that the human team has at least one player at each position and that they have a stronger collection of higher rated players. If I'm still doubtful I'll check and see how they've done recently (if they weren't just purchased) before laying money down. That thread is pretty much gold as long as you don't get too tempted by big odd computer vs computer games and on most days, there are 3-4 games worth betting on to split your money between if you're not comfortable throwing all your money on one.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #252
rjolley
College Starter

I use the thread. I meant that the FOFC team would do well enough that I could win a few easy bets by betting on them.

Last edited by rjolley : 11-14-2007 at 11:41 AM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:45 AM   #253
Anthony
Banned

i use the China forum, there's a thread in there called "Good Bets". works 80% of the time.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:04 PM   #254
wade moore
lolzcat

I wonder how many active FOFCers we really have at this point? I suggest anyone interested in the FOFC team should post here what their rating and position is.

19.38 PG here..

I'm interested in playing, I don't care about PT and stuff - I'd rather see the team succeed than me personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:15 PM   #255
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Im actively playing.
Cant see my rating from here but its right at 19 (I believe)
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:21 PM   #256
Travis
Pro Rookie

23.46 PG here, hoping to get decent minutes, but don't mind switching over to SG if necessary (bit limited size wise as my character is only 6'2, but definitely willing to go where it helps the team most).

All stats are a minimum of 20, got my current training (2 more days including today) then 5 more +5 training sessions to go before I'll have everything to at least 25 (without any equipment bonuses). So I think that should work out to day 12 of next season before I'm done with that level of training (unless there is some sort of offseason training).
Old 11-14-2007, 12:26 PM   #257
wade moore
lolzcat

Good god.. I know I missed a little development, but 23?!

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 11-14-2007, 12:32 PM   #258
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

19.08 SG
(available for Team FOFC next season, but only if I'm really needed -- my interest is pretty low in the game at this point, no sense taking up a spot if somebody else is equal and more gung-ho)
Old 11-14-2007, 12:39 PM   #259
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Good god.. I know I missed a little development, but 23?!

I referred a few buddies to the game and used the CP for skill points. You can do up to 40 (per season as it's worded). I used mine to round out the numbers to fit into the training better (as I screwed up setting things up for the 3/1/1 training) rather than having to do a bunch of extra +1's to get to the +5 training.

If we do the FOFC team I'm going to check out the CP system a bit more as I'm enjoying the game enough to shell out a bit of coin per season on my player/help out with team purchase, especially if it means I don't have to run the team as that would be a death knell for all those involved
Old 11-14-2007, 01:12 PM   #260
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I would probably be more interested being with a FOFC team where I would care about winning / losing more. 20.3 SF currently.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:24 PM   #261
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I would probably be more interested being with a FOFC team where I would care about winning / losing more. 20.3 SF currently.

Yeah.. that's the big thing.. right now I could care less about what my team does, and I'm not a fan of that.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2007, 01:36 PM   #262
rjolley
College Starter

Sam Jolley is a 19.77 PF that's available if you guys need a player.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #263
sabotai
General Manager

18.92 PG. Obviously not nearly as good as others. Got off to a late start on the betting and missed a few days here and there for training.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:29 PM   #264
wade moore
lolzcat

Too bad this wasn't more organized to start, I'm a little worried about us having too many at certain positions ..

I actually picked PG early on because there didn't seem to be many PG's, but by coincidence that seems to be a position where people actually stayed with the game.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2007, 04:27 PM   #265
JeeberD
General Manager

19.0 PF

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:48 PM   #266
Travis
Pro Rookie

Third straight MOM award (kind of surprised I found the floor as I only had 88% energy going into today) with 22 boards. I'd really like to say that's something I'll bring to the FOFC team, but I really have no idea why I've gotten 60 rebounds in the last 3 games. Odd part is that if I go to see my player page through the team (to view it as though I wasn't logged into my account), it still has my career high as 14 for rebounds which was a game quite a while ago. Says it updates once per day, but that's has been beaten 3 times in the past 4 days (my double double stats and career high for points are also incorrect too).
Old 11-14-2007, 06:11 PM   #267
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Ok so I am an 18.69 7'4" 271lb C
Old 11-14-2007, 06:33 PM   #268
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

dola-
How odd is this.
I went to HS in York, SC.
Not too odd as there seems to be a York and Lancaster in nealry every state in the union.

However there is a York Cougars team in the UK division 6 and that was our high school mascot. I assumeed a local started the team and was going to acquire about becoming a part, no such luck it is computer controlled. How strange?
Old 11-14-2007, 06:51 PM   #269
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Bet...

United Kingdom, Division 6.

odds 1.3: Surrey Timors (C- 18.89) vs. odds 4.9: Canterbury Blazers (H- 22.13)

That's what I bet on today for day 67. That team won me $157,500 on a $35k bet yesterday.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:54 PM   #270
thealmighty
Pro Starter

dola...

I am a measley 20 value PG, though that will go up a bit in a few hours when my +5 training is done. I still check in every day, also.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:02 PM   #271
JeeberD
General Manager

Thanks for the dirt, TA...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:41 PM   #272
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Third straight MOM award (kind of surprised I found the floor as I only had 88% energy going into today) with 22 boards.

Heh, sounds familiar.

On Day 37 I get 27 rebounds in 38:38, and at least four other double figure rebound games over the next 8. (That day 37 game was the one I mentioned in this thread IIRC, where our team Def Reb totals exceeded the number of shots taken by our opponent).

In the last 5 games, rebound totals of 1,2,4,4, and 3.

Let's just say that I'm not convinced that there's a lot of rhyme or reason behind the engine that generates the stats.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:16 PM   #273
Anthony
Banned

18.23 Center
Old 11-14-2007, 10:47 PM   #274
daedalus
Pro Rookie

19.23 SF.

although i'm bringing the shooting skills up at the moment, the long term build is a paul pressey point forward-type for those that are familiar.

mainly because that's one of my favourite position/style on the court.

i have not put much concentration into physical development at all, although i will be bringing those up to at least 20 in the near future.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:07 PM   #275
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

20.1 pg
damn another PG, well if ya dont need me on the fofc team its ok. I'm plannin on being a passer more then a shooter.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:46 AM   #276
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just to add to the lack of rhyme or reason (unless they're actually simulating slumps & streaks, which I doubt).

A MOM performance today.
29 points on 13/22 shooting from the floor, 6 assists, 6 rebounds, in 42:39.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:46 PM   #277
Travis
Pro Rookie

So close! Missed my first triple double by 1, leading the team with 36 points, 9 assists and 17 boards in our final game this season en route to a 4th straight MOM award. So we finish 22-24 (17-8 since my arrival) on the season and just one game out of making it into the top 10.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:48 PM   #278
Anthony
Banned

OH BABY! last game of my season, Hell Atlantic got 3 steals, 3 blocks, 7 assists, 13 rebounds and 19 pts. wow, where the hell was this all season? at least we end it on a great note.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:51 PM   #279
Bad-example
College Starter

PF Little Potato Young is rated at 19.38, averaging over 13.5 points and 8.3 boards. Training for the Stormin' Mormon will go slower than for the rest of you, since he doesn't bet.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:16 AM   #280
wade moore
lolzcat

A solid 25 point performance to end the season here.

Quote:
Old 11-16-2007, 05:16 AM   #281
Icy
Pro Starter

I have been searching for teams to buy, i looked for team siwth a budget close to $4M that is the default one for new teams, starting with less would put us on disvantage. I have also searched for leagues with English speakers in case we wan to trash talk with them. Sorry, no USA teams are open.

We can buy the following teams (league average ratings listed):

Japan Honour league (average 22.90):
1. Shohoku Kanagawa

United Kingdom: Premier League (average 22.78)
2. Bug Biterz

Canada: Premier of Canada (average 22.76)
1. Latvian Warriors
2. Soreal Dream Team
3. Halifax Reds
4. Ottawa Trailblazers

Australia: aussie 2nd (average 21.40)
3. Panorama Snow Leopards

United Kingdom: Second League (average 18.51)
3. London Ballers (this is an over 21 average team that should dominate in this league, we can also sell all the players to make nice cash).

My choice would be probably the London Ballers, it's not a top division (second in UK) so we won't lose all the games, plus it has good players to use or sell. If we want a bigger challenge, i would go with the Bug Biterz in UK premier league or with a Canadian team. For a more exotic team, i would choose the Japanesse one.

We need to decide this today as some teams will be taken, please vote.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:46 AM   #282
Icy
Pro Starter

We are moving to this new thread in the dynasty forums, please go there if you want to be part of the team.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...08#post1594408

Last edited by Icy : 11-16-2007 at 05:52 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:01 AM   #283
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

SHOHOKU!

One of the better Anime's I've seen growing up.