Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2006, 10:15 PM   #251
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Hawaii better stomp Nevada tonite, otherwise today pretty much sucked college football wise for me.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:41 PM   #252
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The 33 points scored by UGA is the 4th most ever in a loss.
48 vs GT in OT 1999, 35 vs WVU in '05 bowl, 34 vs Auburn in '97.

Oddly enough, their 5 highest point totals when losing all occurred in the state of Georgia (3x in Athens, 2x in Atlanta).

The previous most points allowed during Mark Richt's tenure was 38 vs West Virginia in last year's Sugar Bowl. Which means UGA has allowed 89 points in their last two games against ranked opponents.

And to correct something I said earlier -- Florida was the last team to hang 50 on UGA in Athens, back in '95. Georgia Tech won in Atlanta 51-48 in overtime back in 1999.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:54 PM   #253
Swaggs
Coordinator

Only nine undefeated teams after today.

The remaining undefeateds after Week 6:

Big 12: Missouri (6-0)
Big East: Louisville (5-0), Rutgers (5-0), West Virginia (5-0)
Big 10: Michigan (6-0), Ohio State (6-0)
Pac 10: Southern Cal (5-0)
SEC: Florida (6-0)
WAC: Boise State (6-0)
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:56 PM   #254
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval View Post
In other seasons, I'd generally agree with you about the dumb plays - but he does have a 2/1 TD/Int ratio this season (10/5), and has cut down his dumb plays a lot.

"

The difference between Reggie of 2006 and 2005 is immense. To put anything about today's game on him is ridiculous. He went into a funk for about three plays in the third quarter. Other than that, he was dead on. Plus, you have to add what he adds from a rushing perspective. He has made two absolutely money throws in the fourth quarter on third down the last two weeks. Last year, two years ago, three years ago, he doesn't make those throws. At some point, if you are a GT fan, you have to accept #1. I do.

That said, special teams were god awful today. Three missed field goals (I'm counting the botched fake) and a return for a touchdown. I disagree with JIMG. Tech didn't play to the level of competition on two of three sides of the ball. Every number in the game supports that. But the third aspect of the game, special teams, kept the Twerps in it.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:56 PM   #255
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

WOOOHOOO Hawaii game starting in 5 minutes
Old 10-07-2006, 11:04 PM   #256
JeeberD
General Manager

Miners win 24-21, thanks god. That shit was WAY too close.

Time to root for UH against the evil Wolf Pack...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 11:13 PM   #257
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

WOO 3-0 Hawaii on teh board first
Old 10-07-2006, 11:14 PM   #258
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I got some friends coming over to get drunk so I dunno how I will be on the updates
Old 10-07-2006, 11:33 PM   #259
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
Navy wins 24-17.

Air Force got screwed on the touchdown early off in the turnover. Clearly, the replay showed the AF QB knee was down and thus no turnover play was over. The fact the ref didn't AF to call a timeout to allow time for a replay review was huge. Don't college coaches have the option to ask for a replay review like in the pro's?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 11:34 PM   #260
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

both Offenses can't be stopped... this is gonna be a good ol fashioned wac shootout! 7-3 Nevada , hawaii in the redzone
Old 10-07-2006, 11:36 PM   #261
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

DOLA ... TD HAWAII!! damn Colt Brennan is gooooooooood. 13-14 126 yards and 1 TD in the first Quarter so far

wait its under review... come on

woohoo it stands.. (DUH) 10-7 Hawaii

Last edited by k0ruptr : 10-07-2006 at 11:40 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 11:49 PM   #262
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO WIDE OPEN ... TD Hawaii 63 yard strike

17-7

Last edited by k0ruptr : 10-07-2006 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:56 PM   #263
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

FUMBLE!!! hawaii football

Colt Brennan is 20-22 243 and 3 tds. show me a QB with better stats game to game. He has grasped the Run and Shoot to perfection.

Hawaii 24-7

Last edited by k0ruptr : 10-08-2006 at 12:09 AM.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:07 AM   #264
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Air Force got screwed on the touchdown early off in the turnover. Clearly, the replay showed the AF QB knee was down and thus no turnover play was over. The fact the ref didn't AF to call a timeout to allow time for a replay review was huge. Don't college coaches have the option to ask for a replay review like in the pro's?

Yeah, college coaches get 1 challenge per game.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:10 AM   #265
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

TD to Bess!

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:30 AM   #266
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Brennan to Dickerson for 6 and Hawaii leads Nevada 31-14.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:31 AM   #267
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo View Post
Well good game to the hated horns. OU just couldn't hold on to the ball, and Texas' defense was hitting hard. Colt didn't exactly wow me, but he didn't make any big mistakes either.

Congratulations to the Longhorns. If you had told me before the game that OU would outgain Texas 333 to 232, I would have felt very good about the chances for victory. However, in the end, losing the turnover battle 5 to 0 was way too much to overcome. OU's defense played well, considering they were on a short field for a good portion of the game.

Give a lot of credit to Mack Brown, Gene Chizik and Greg Davis, as they made some good adjustments in the 2nd half.

Texas should probably run the table from here on out, although they have a dangerous game in Lubbock against Texas Tech. I think they'll handle Nebraska easily at Lincoln.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:48 AM   #268
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Nevada scores a TD late in the half to cut it to 31-21 Hawaii. Jeff Rowe was limping to the lockerroom, could be nothing.

Nasty Nate Ilaoa has 5 carries for 97 yards. Colt is 22 for 27 for 252 and 4 TDs.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:41 AM   #269
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

41-34 Hawaii, Brennan fumbles and Nevada recovers at Hawaii's 3 yard line. Hawaii's D stops Nevada on all 4 downs and is able to get 1 first down to run out the clock.

: phew:

Fire Ron Lee.

Last edited by TazFTW : 10-08-2006 at 02:41 AM.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:00 AM   #270
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Great game in hawaii... 41-34 hawaii prevails. I won a 25 dollar gift certificate from rainbowtique for guessing the final score correctly earlier in the week. woohoo. good job Hawaii way to preserve the victory.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:36 AM   #271
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Ugh - hate to hear that. Hope he's OK...

Good news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Paso Times
Midway through the second quarter, Rogers injured his neck. His teammates surrounded him on the stretcher before he was placed in the ambulance. Rogers was released from the hospital, and test results were negative.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:37 PM   #272
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

This is based on the assumption Hawaii gets to a bowl game and thus plays 14 games this season.

So after 5 games Hawaii QB Colt Brennan is on pace for some pretty awesome stats. He's currently on pace for 406 completions, 5213 passing yards, 50 touchdowns, 14 ints and a 71.2 % completion rate with a 172.8 qb rating.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:44 PM   #273
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Good news...
Good news indeed. I always cringe when I hear of possible football-related neck/spinal injuries, thinking back to Curtis Williams (and many before him).
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote