The_herd
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho
Quick obligatory "How Will It Run on My Machine" Question:

AMD Athlon XP 1800+
512Mb DDR RAM
ATI Radeon 9200 SE

If alliance, Iron Forge and Stormwind will be a pain during peak hours, but other than that, you should be fine if you turn down some of the settings (the game will still look good, too).
Old 12-18-2004, 12:23 PM   #252
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Groovy. Thanks!
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:13 AM   #253
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Is there a general FOFC server? I bought this game to backup EQ2 and of course EQ2 starts with some mega crash where they corrupted all the character data on our server so I've been playing it for a few days. Been having fun with a dwarven hunter and undead rogue so far.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:54 AM   #254
The_herd
College Starter

Most are on Lothar. Calis and I are on Deathwing.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:05 PM   #255
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Me and 2 non-FOFC buddies are on Elune.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 06:27 PM   #256
RainRaven
High School JV

Finally picked this up today. I created a human priest on Lothar.. seems pretty fun so far for my first hour of playing. Character name is Dorrain.

Last edited by RainRaven : 12-19-2004 at 06:27 PM.
RainRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 11:40 PM   #257
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Did they finally make a way to transfer servers? From glancing through the WoW forums, I think it may be possible, but it takes like an hour. Enlighten me great ones
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:47 AM   #258
Bad-example
College Starter

I have been watching the local ads but have not seen this game on sale yet. Maybe Fry's will come through for me this week.
Drinking like a lumberjack and singing Delta Dawn
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 06:02 AM   #259
fflix
Mascot

does anyone know of a site that contains information on selling prices of goods, such as metals or cloths? I'm just getting started with selling metals at the auction house, but am not too sure what reasonable prices are. The server I play on, dunemaul, has a low population, so there doesn't seem to be much info to go on at the auction house.
fflix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 08:44 AM   #260
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflix
does anyone know of a site that contains information on selling prices of goods, such as metals or cloths? I'm just getting started with selling metals at the auction house, but am not too sure what reasonable prices are. The server I play on, dunemaul, has a low population, so there doesn't seem to be much info to go on at the auction house.

I doubt there's much info out there. The economies are very..fluid, depending on demand.

For example, I've been selling stacks of heavy leather for 45-49s buyouts. Yesterday I went to auction some off and there wasn't much in the marketplace, but a buyout for 65s and they went in 10 minutes. Two hours later, the buyout price was back to 50s.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 10:50 AM   #261
sabotai
General Manager

Well, the thing with the AH is that there isn't much on them. Most people either 1) Use the raw materials they mine/gather/skin or 2) Give them to guild members (At least 3 out of 4 people I see is in a guild). So you just don't find much on the AH and so a lot of times the price for the items is simple determined by someone guessing how much someone would pay for it. So there are times you can see things like a stack of Greater Healing Potion buyouts for 35s, and then you will see them with buyouts of 1G (which is where I put mine).
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 11:17 AM   #262
The_herd
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflix

The best way is to just watch the auction house prices for a couple days and that should give you an idea of what a lot of the stuff goes for. Prices also vary greatly from server to server. On Deathwing, for example, the price for linen, silk, copper and other metals spiked considerably over a period of a couple days. While a lot of other servers are being flooded with skins and the prices for those have bottomed out. It would be impossible for a website to have suggested prices that fit all servers.

The economy in WoW is interesting. Forcing items to be Soulbound when used was a great move by Blizzard that has really driven the economy. Quicksand could probably enjoy a month of just watching the fluctuation of prices on the AH.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:52 PM   #263
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Just wanted to toss in that my wife is picking up a copy of this game for me on the way home from work.

People still around?
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 03:17 PM   #264
RainRaven
High School JV

Yep, I am now an level 11 priest on Lothar and enjoying the game mostly. I like the quest system since it seems to be far superior to anything I ever saw in EQ. Question for everyone though, how many characters can you have at one time? I didn't remember seeing that mentioned anywhere including the manual.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:54 PM   #265
Bad-example
College Starter

I have a level 9 paladin on Lothar. I am still figuring out the game but I like it better than eq2 already.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:11 PM   #266
Critch
lolzcat

I've switched sides on Lothar, gone over to the Horde. Seems to be fewer people playing as Horde, so no queues waiting for bosses to respawn like occasionally on the Alliance side.

Come on, come and join me on the dark side The Orc and Undead capitol cities are worth the trip alone.

RainRaven - not sure how many you can have, but I've got 6 at the moment and haven't met any restrictions.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 04:57 PM   #267
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Shall I start a new thread to list up the various info about FOFC members?

Maybe the following:
FOFC Name, WoW Character name, Class, Server, Alignment, (level?)
Old 12-30-2004, 05:32 PM   #268
sabotai
General Manager

I think listing them here is fine. Everyone who plays WoW probably checks this thread anyway.

Here are my characters:

Sabotai - level 35 Night Elf Druid - Lothar
Atenkane - level 11 Dwarf Hunter - Lothar
Nadja - level 12 Human Rogue - Darkspear (PVP)
Neursio - level 7 Human Paladin - Magtheridon

And I plan on creating an Undead player (probably Mage)

Last edited by sabotai : 12-30-2004 at 05:33 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 06:15 PM   #269
fflix
Mascot

I think you can have 10 characters per realm.

Aleena - lvl 13 Undead Mage - Lightbringer
Brand - lvl 18 Dwarf Hunter - Dunemaul
Old 12-30-2004, 08:09 PM   #270
Bad-example
College Starter

Loblo the Dwarven Paladin is on Lothar - level 11
Old 12-30-2004, 08:20 PM   #271
The_herd
College Starter

Kurigan - lvl 42 Gnome Rogue - Deathwing
Old 12-30-2004, 08:42 PM   #272
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Just to make things a bit easier to see, I've started a main character list in a separate thread. That way there will be one master list right in the first post. Might make it easier for people to figure things out. I've taken the info from your posts here and put it in.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:51 AM   #273
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Multiple Characters sending stuff to each other?

So, here's the question. Let's say you have a few characters on the same server. One's out exploring a lot, and does a lot of skinning and mining, but doesn't do crafting. Another one sticks to cities and crafts a lot. Maybe another is an enchanter. Can you funnel raw materials from one character to another? Funnel finished items as well?

I understand it's probably more fun to do this in a guild context, but since I don't have a guild to join (and let's be honest, I haven't bought the game yet), I'm wondering what exists for the single player.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:06 PM   #274
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho
Multiple Characters sending stuff to each other?

So, here's the question. Let's say you have a few characters on the same server. One's out exploring a lot, and does a lot of skinning and mining, but doesn't do crafting. Another one sticks to cities and crafts a lot. Maybe another is an enchanter. Can you funnel raw materials from one character to another? Funnel finished items as well?

I understand it's probably more fun to do this in a guild context, but since I don't have a guild to join (and let's be honest, I haven't bought the game yet), I'm wondering what exists for the single player.

You can mail your other characters stuff, so it is very easy to do. I've been reading about players creating a half dozen or so characters to support each other's skills.

I don't think I'll do this, though. For me, it would take a lot of the fun out of skill development.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:06 PM   #275
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Can you funnel raw materials from one character to another? Funnel finished items as well?

What you can do is use the in-game mail system to send items from one character to another. It has some drawbacks, you can only send one item/stack of items at a time, it takes an hour to arrive, and it costs some copper to send. But it's pretty much the way to go.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 04:19 PM   #276
fflix
Mascot

A faster alternative, if you have anybody trustworthy around, is to trade your items to the person, logon with your alt, get the items traded back.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:50 AM   #277
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

So, I'm looking at the maps that have been made for WOW so far, and notice that a lot of it, especially Kalimdor, is currently unmapped. Is this because there's still a lot of the world that's unplayable? If so, do you guys think this stuff will open up later for higher-level players?
Old 01-05-2005, 09:52 AM   #278
Blackadar
Retired

www.worldatwar.net

Check out the cartography section.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:59 AM   #279
Danny
Head Coach

These are know as unfinished zones. The plan is for high level content to be added to these zones as time passes. This will be a slow process I imagine, but hopefully the entire Warcraft world will eventually be complete.

Perhaps for an expansion Northrend will become available. Northrend is the continent between Kalimdor and Lordaeron far to the north http://www.x-plores.net/images/MapWo...apBeowolve.jpg.

For those that do not know, Northrend is where Arthas defeated Illidan and took the icecrown of the Lich King and thus joining spirits with him at the end of the Warcraft 3 expansion. Arthas commands a powerful army of the scourge.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:01 AM   #280
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
www.worldatwar.net

Check out the cartography section.

That should be www.worldofwar.net
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote