Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-17-2008, 11:42 PM   #251
Swaggs
Coordinator

It is really hard to predict who will win this season, as I don't see a prohibitive favorite among voters, no matter who makes it to the end.

Jason, with Eliza's vote in his pocket, may end up in the best position. If there is a "regrouping" after the shenanigans from this week, some of the key players may be in danger for awhile (rather than him). I would guess it is James or Parvati (although Amanda, if smart, may swing back to her next week since she probably has a better chance to beat the 3 or 4 other women in physical immunity challenges) next week. At that point, his independence may turn him into a valuable swing voter.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:36 AM   #252
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
He was in control of that tribe and you know it. He had Amanda wrapped around his finger and then Erik after they saved him. You said Cirie was in control of the tribe and I called you out on it. She was a part of the alliance, but Ozzy was in control of it. And once again, that was when it was based on team play. Do you understand the difference? In team play, you usually want to hang on to your strong players so you can win. In individual play, you usually want to get rid of the strong players so you can win. Am I the only one here who has ever watched Survivor before?

Ozzy was outplayed by Cirie AFTER the merge. The target on Ozzy's back was just too big. I believe my comment was made BEFORE the merge and was taken out of context, but I accept your apology.

You are wrong. Every time Cirie wanted someone gone, she talked the tribe into it. Every time. Cirie let Ozzy think he was in charge, but when she needed to make a play, she did. My wife and I have been screaming for Ozzy and the favorites to get rid of her for like 2 months now, as she has been single-handedly destroying the favorites. There would not be a fan left right now if Cirie had been voted out weeks ago.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:13 AM   #253
Scarecrow
College Prospect

If this game ends with Cirie and Jason being the final 2, it will be the worst season in the history of reality television (although I'm prone to exaggeration), taking over the whole Taylor Hicks fiasco.

When will somebody realize that Cerie does nothing (although she claims to be strong in challenges) but manipulate small groups into doing her bidding. Did noone watch her the first time around.

Jason is just too annoying. I'm just waiting for him to announce that he's the greatest player in Survivor history. I think James/Parvati/Amanda need to swat this little fly soon or they will be sitting next to Ozzie (if that's what Cerie tells him).

I'm hoping for a James vs Amanda final, but I'm sure Cerie will screw that up for me.

Last edited by Scarecrow : 04-18-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:18 AM   #254
Autumn
Head Coach

They really made a mistake not taking Ozzy out two or three episodes ago. They kept considering it, but not enough people having the balls (or knowing about the idol). If they had, he'd be off and not on the jury. As it is they've got a pissed Ozzy on the jury, and that's bad news for Parvati and Cirie in particular (but a lot of other people too).

That challenge was wild. Most people were out between what 30 minutes and an hour. Then the three of them hanging in for 5-6 hours??? It was really surprising to me that there could be that much difference in ability there. Oh and one of the funniest moments of the season? James saying, "That would really suck," as Natalie accidentally dumped her water, and then James doing the same the second after he said it.

I bet Ozzy really, really wishes he hadn't opted out for three donuts. Those donuts cost him $333,000 apiece (at least in his mind I'm sure). His cockiness was always his weakness. The rest of the tribe is lucky Jeff's questions didn't flush out any anti-Ozziness in the group, I bet he had the idol with him.

I agree Cirie's in the number one spot so far, precisely because she doesn't seem to be doing anything. She's obviously not a threat in challenges, looks like she's just hanging around, responding to everybody else. Yet always remains the key vote. It's the perfect spot to be in I think.

It will be interesting to see how things go from here. Amanda, Erik and James are going to have to be worried now. Jason I imagine will hang around for a while, since he's absolutely no threat to anybody, yet is gullible enough to go along with anybody (will he learn anything from getting backstabbed? probably not).

Anyway, I really enjoyed that episode, including the looks of shocks in the tribal council. I wonder if Jeff made sure to pull the papers out in the order to make it that climactic.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:20 AM   #255
Autumn
Head Coach

Jason is pretty annoying in how awesome he thinks he is. I take comfort in the fact that everybody else on the island, and everybody else in all the world watching him, knows what a horrible player he is. I don't know how he could be a "fan" of the show and not realize there's more to it than winning challenges. What a nut.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:35 AM   #256
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Anyway, I really enjoyed that episode, including the looks of shocks in the tribal council. I wonder if Jeff made sure to pull the papers out in the order to make it that climactic.

I'm pretty sure they reorder the votes for maximum drama. Certainly in the final vote they do.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #257
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
If this game ends with Cirie and Jason being the final 2, it will be the worst season in the history of reality television (although I'm prone to exaggeration), taking over the whole Taylor Hicks fiasco.

When will somebody realize that Cerie does nothing (although she claims to be strong in challenges) but manipulate small groups into doing her bidding. Did noone watch her the first time around.

I wouldn't put Cirie and Jason in the same breath. Cirie is GREAT at this game. She is strategically owning her second season in as many attempts. Jason is a fruitcake.

Parvati and Cirie are both playing winner-quality games right now.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:16 PM   #258
Daimyo
College Starter

Parvati? She's put herself in the position where the best she can possibly finish is third.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:39 PM   #259
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I'm pretty sure they reorder the votes for maximum drama. Certainly in the final vote they do.

Of course they do. At every vote, players not getting voted out always have all of their votes shown. Somebody goes out 9-1, guaranteed that 1 vote is one of the first 2 shown. Any votes not shown are alway extra votes for the person voted out.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:42 PM   #260
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo View Post
Parvati? She's put herself in the position where the best she can possibly finish is third.

Not necessarily. If she can juggle multiple alliances enough to get herself in the final 3, she has a legitimate shot. There are always a handful of players who vote for the "best player" and don't hold grudges for being screwed. The only other person we see really playing the game is Cirie. They would both have some claim to have outplayed everyone else.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:19 AM   #261
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:

We'll see. She is definitely in a very delicate position right now, but I think she has played a very savvy game to this point. I'll be curious to see how she handles the shit that's going to go down at camp because of the split on the last vote.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:50 AM   #262
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I tought Parvati was really stupid with that move. She threw away what was a solid alliance of 4 since the start to take a chance at one that she has no idea about. If she stayed tight with Ozzie and company she could have gone a long way. Instead she has stabbed him in the back and is now in an alliance where the favorites are the minority of that alliance and she has put a target on her back from her first alliance.

I can't envision a final two that she would win.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:02 AM   #263
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Clearly Ozzie was way too cocky, particularly after James had suggested that Parvati couldn't be trusted. When a guy close to the girl tells you he's not sure about her, you don't take such a risk imo.

Did anyone notice how Cirie looked over at Ozzie's direction first before agreeing with James incoherent statement about doughnuts? Savvy play there, giving Ozzie that assurance she was on his side.

Parvati I think pretty much has no shot at winning now and I think the favourite to win right now must be Cirie. Can't stand her but she's played a really smart game since she's been the one deciding votes when it matters and she's been picking people off, yet somehow staying under the radar.

Outside shot of winning I think are one of the Natalie/Alexis combi since they seem to be tight, the way Amanda/Parvati used to be tight.

Like someone else said, hopefully the guys realise what's going on and band together but I suspect Jason's a bit too stupid and enamoured with himself to actually think that. He probably thinks that the tribe loves him right now :P
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:23 AM   #264
Jas_lov
College Starter

How long was Parvati supposed to keep Ozzy around? To the final 5 where he could win just 2 immunities to guarantee himself a final 3 where he'd win over anybody? Absolutely not. I think it was a great move and if she were in the final 3, she would have a shot. It just depends on how well she plays down the stretch and how the jury votes. She had to screw over Ozzy at some point if she wanted to win. Better now before he goes on a winning streak and still has the hidden idol in his possession to fall back on.

Last edited by Jas_lov : 04-19-2008 at 01:24 AM.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:01 AM   #265
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
How long was Parvati supposed to keep Ozzy around? To the final 5 where he could win just 2 immunities to guarantee himself a final 3 where he'd win over anybody? Absolutely not. I think it was a great move and if she were in the final 3, she would have a shot. It just depends on how well she plays down the stretch and how the jury votes. She had to screw over Ozzy at some point if she wanted to win. Better now before he goes on a winning streak and still has the hidden idol in his possession to fall back on.

I agree with this. Ozzy has the potential to win every immunity challenge from here out. This is especially true if Jason is gone. How do you know when it has become too late to backdoor someone like Ozzy with an immunity idol? You have to take the shot when you have surprise on your side.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:46 AM   #266
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

i disagree...she just guaranteed that she will not win, same with ceri...no way that ozzie votes for either of them, and james is nothing if not loyal, so he wont vote for either of the...eric worships ozzie, and will not vote for someone who betrayed him, and eliza hates parvati...game over for her...she is just taking up space.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:52 AM   #267
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i disagree...she just guaranteed that she will not win, same with ceri...no way that ozzie votes for either of them, and james is nothing if not loyal, so he wont vote for either of the...eric worships ozzie, and will not vote for someone who betrayed him, and eliza hates parvati...game over for her...she is just taking up space.

Eliza also respects Parvati. After Parvati commented that Eliza played a bad social game, Eliza agreed that she played a bad social game. They may have been rivals, but there is respect between them.

The Ozzy question will be interesting, and I think it will depend on how Parvati plays to the jury. Ozzy promised not to vote for Jason and then immediately tried to get everyone to vote for Jason. If I am an alliance member and I hear him willing to throw promises around like that, it would worry me. If Parvati can spin her answer to address him going back on promises and losing trust for him, she might get his vote. If she isn't bright enough to play that way (and she may not be), then I can see him go with the bitter vote.

Jury votes are hard to figure out because time usually blunts the initial betrayal people feel when voted out. Not always, but usually.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:56 AM   #268
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Eliza also respects Parvati. After Parvati commented that Eliza played a bad social game, Eliza agreed that she played a bad social game. They may have been rivals, but there is respect between them.

The Ozzy question will be interesting, and I think it will depend on how Parvati plays to the jury. Ozzy promised not to vote for Jason and then immediately tried to get everyone to vote for Jason. If I am an alliance member and I hear him willing to throw promises around like that, it would worry me. If Parvati can spin her answer to address him going back on promises and losing trust for him, she might get his vote. If she isn't bright enough to play that way (and she may not be), then I can see him go with the bitter vote.

Jury votes are hard to figure out because time usually blunts the initial betrayal people feel when voted out. Not always, but usually.

i dont think the answer will matter....remember how torqued up he got over Ami trying to vote for him...something to the effect of "she crossed me, she is now my enemy"
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:06 AM   #269
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Of course they do. At every vote, players not getting voted out always have all of their votes shown. Somebody goes out 9-1, guaranteed that 1 vote is one of the first 2 shown. Any votes not shown are alway extra votes for the person voted out.

I don't think this is true. In previous seasons they haven't shown some additional votes for the person who wasn't voted out.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:11 AM   #270
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post

Eliza is the ultimate Survivor nerd. I don't think she's going to vote on spite.

I'm hoping that the game of Survivor has matured enough where hard-core front-and-center gamers can win jury votes. Last season was kind of a breakthrough in that respect.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:29 PM   #271
Jas_lov
College Starter

I just don't know how people can say Parvati has no chance of winning when they don't know how the jury will react after they cool off. Sure Ozzy is a very cocky and proud person, but we don't know if he'll change his tune after 6 more weeks. Parvati made a bold move to further her chances at getting to the end and that should be rewarded in this game. You have to backstab and lie to win this game. Ozzy did it to Jason to get rid of his biggest competitior. Not everyone will vote like Sue Hawk, although Rich actually did deserve to win over Kelly that year.

Last edited by Jas_lov : 04-19-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:38 PM   #272
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Sure Ozzy is a very cocky and proud person, but we don't know if he'll change his tune after 6 more weeks.

Six weeks? That's longer than the entire game is. There are MAYBE 2 weeks of real-time left in the game (haven't kept complete track of which day of 39 they are at).
Old 04-19-2008, 12:48 PM   #273
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Six weeks? That's longer than the entire game is. There are MAYBE 2 weeks of real-time left in the game (haven't kept complete track of which day of 39 they are at).

You're right. So he sits there for a week or two and still holds a grudge? We really have no idea how he'll vote. Parvati can still win if she makes it to the end. The point is that Parvati gave herself a chance to win. Nobody was going to beat Ozzy in the final 3 and who knows if anybody would have been able to stop him from winning immunity challenges.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:06 PM   #274
Daimyo
College Starter

I don't think Parvati made a bad decision to vote off Ozzie. Her poor decision was in joining into two separate alliances covering nearly everyone who will be on the jury. That gives her a great shot at making the final three, but a very poor shot at winning as she'll have overtly backstabbed nearly everyone in the game. No one really respects her enough to overcome that.

Contrast that with Cirie who has played the game well under the radar. She has been at the heart of all the decisions, yet no one seems to notice the extent to which she is playing everyone. If she keeps it up and makes the final three she has a great chance to win now that Ozzie is out.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #275
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You're right. So he sits there for a week or two and still holds a grudge? We really have no idea how he'll vote. Parvati can still win if she makes it to the end. The point is that Parvati gave herself a chance to win. Nobody was going to beat Ozzy in the final 3 and who knows if anybody would have been able to stop him from winning immunity challenges.

Why are you assuming Ozzy wins the final vote? We've seen it plenty of times before where the voters don't vote for someone just because they dominate immunity. She went from definitely making the final 4 thus giving her a good chance to make the final tribal to possibly having no chance to even make the final tribal if the 3 fans from that group of 5 wise up and first get the remaining members of the original alliance out and then getting the two favorites in their alliance out.

A bird in hand is worth a million in the bush in this case.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:51 PM   #276
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Why are you assuming Ozzy wins the final vote? We've seen it plenty of times before where the voters don't vote for someone just because they dominate immunity. She went from definitely making the final 4 thus giving her a good chance to make the final tribal to possibly having no chance to even make the final tribal if the 3 fans from that group of 5 wise up and first get the remaining members of the original alliance out and then getting the two favorites in their alliance out.

A bird in hand is worth a million in the bush in this case.

Ozzy has been doing more than just winning challenges. He has also been the Godfather of the island. He told Tracy to "take one for the team" and skip a reward to go to Exile Island. He was also basically telling people who to vote for. He was clearly the most deserving player beyond just the challenges...and there is no guarantee he doesn't break an alliance to put himself in a better position. Parvati's move may not work, but you can't fault her for trying to control her own game rather than letting Ozzy do it for her.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:30 PM   #277
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I don't think Parvati made a bad decision to vote off Ozzie. Her poor decision was in joining into two separate alliances covering nearly everyone who will be on the jury. That gives her a great shot at making the final three, but a very poor shot at winning as she'll have overtly backstabbed nearly everyone in the game. No one really respects her enough to overcome that.

Contrast that with Cirie who has played the game well under the radar. She has been at the heart of all the decisions, yet no one seems to notice the extent to which she is playing everyone. If she keeps it up and makes the final three she has a great chance to win now that Ozzie is out.

She kind of needed to make that second alliance though. The favorites were in the minority in the second tribe she was in.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #278
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

A move that Ozzy could have made (although it could only work once) in a situation like last night would be to strongly imply before the vote that he was going to play the idol. Say something to Jeff in the pre-vote chat along the lines of "There's a weird vibe around camp... I don't want to waste the idol but I may need to play it just to figure out where out alliance stands." Then, of course, don't play it.

There would be at least a chance that Pavarti or Cerie would lose their nerve if they thought he was going to play the idol -- they'd be exposed as unloyal, without eliminating him. It might have worked, if he was hell bent on not playing the idol in the first place.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:34 PM   #279
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
She kind of needed to make that second alliance though. The favorites were in the minority in the second tribe she was in.

It was even when she made that other alliance.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:21 PM   #280
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Ozzy has been doing more than just winning challenges. He has also been the Godfather of the island. He told Tracy to "take one for the team" and skip a reward to go to Exile Island. He was also basically telling people who to vote for. He was clearly the most deserving player beyond just the challenges...and there is no guarantee he doesn't break an alliance to put himself in a better position. Parvati's move may not work, but you can't fault her for trying to control her own game rather than letting Ozzy do it for her.

I'm not sure that's a totally fair assessment of Ozzy's power. Cerei wanted Yau off and she got her way (first or second elimination). When the fans and favourites split, it was pretty clear who was going from Ozzy/Cerei's tribe, i.e. Chet (so entertaining though), Tracy and supposedly Erik. I don't think we can really say he was calling the shots, not when Cerei was clearly playing her own game and looking to get rid of Ozzy at the right time. Being placed in a position where you look as if you're in charge doesn't mean you're in charge.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:15 PM   #281
Raiders Army
Coordinator

There's some good stuff on CBS' website concerning the voted off members of the jury: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivo...lay=true&cc=13
Old 04-20-2008, 09:32 PM   #282
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

that was an interesting video, thanks for the link.

FM
Old 04-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #283
Raiders Army
Coordinator

The third video tells a lot of stuff. It's the best one on there since it's right after Ozzy's ouster. He thought Cirie flipped (which she did, but Parvati did as well). Also, he left the idol at the camp and would've played it if he had brought it to tribal (or so he says). So this is interesting since if we never hear about the idol again, that means it wasn't transferable and neither James nor Amanda could get it from its hiding place.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:49 PM   #284
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
I'm not sure that's a totally fair assessment of Ozzy's power. Cerei wanted Yau off and she got her way (first or second elimination). When the fans and favourites split, it was pretty clear who was going from Ozzy/Cerei's tribe, i.e. Chet (so entertaining though), Tracy and supposedly Erik. I don't think we can really say he was calling the shots, not when Cerei was clearly playing her own game and looking to get rid of Ozzy at the right time. Being placed in a position where you look as if you're in charge doesn't mean you're in charge.

What did his tribe-mates say when he tried to claim he wasn't a leader? He told them who eats, when to eat, what to eat, and how much to eat? He tells them when to get water... He has also made comments that if you want to stay in this game you have to be honest with me. As if lying to him was an action that would end another person's game? Also keep in mind that Amanda, Alexis, Erik, and Jason all want to carry his babies.

You are right about Cirie getting her way on the Yau-Man boot, but she had to be stubborn and refuse to follow along. I think Cirie was the only one who Ozzy didn't have in his pocket. Others knew that Ozzy at the end was going to be trouble, but none of them had the stones to kick him out.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:08 PM   #285
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
What did his tribe-mates say when he tried to claim he wasn't a leader? He told them who eats, when to eat, what to eat, and how much to eat? He tells them when to get water... He has also made comments that if you want to stay in this game you have to be honest with me. As if lying to him was an action that would end another person's game? Also keep in mind that Amanda, Alexis, Erik, and Jason all want to carry his babies.

That was also right after Cirie and the others said they were going to play on his ego and make him believe he's running everything.

Outside of the challenges, Ozzy didn't play a very good game. At the rate they were going I would say Cirie would be most deserving if she went head to head with him at the end.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:49 PM   #286
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Other than the fact that his alliance mates, in their personal interviews with the camera, actually said that they're letting him think he's running the show?

As for the comment about staying in the game ... here's a cocky guy who thinks that he is in a super strong alliance of 5 people. Don't you think he would have thought that he would have some say in who gets voted off next, which is what would have happened if the 5 had stuck together?

Alexis clearly doesn't want to carry his babies, though she sure made it seem like she did. Good move on her part. Jason was super competitive against Ozzy and I doubt very much he would have been on an alliance with Ozzy. Erik admittedly is the ultimate lackey

Quote:
You are right about Cirie getting her way on the Yau-Man boot, but she had to be stubborn and refuse to follow along. I think Cirie was the only one who Ozzy didn't have in his pocket. Others knew that Ozzy at the end was going to be trouble, but none of them had the stones to kick him out.

I think Cirie is all about winning (which is the right way to play). One driving force I think? She knew that her alliance of 5 would kick her out when it was just 5 of them left and she's clearly angling for a way to go further than that (again, the right thing to do). Frankly, I'm constantly surprised why the 4 of them were so tight with her ... maybe coz they thought she wasn't a threat.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:00 AM   #287
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
Other than the fact that his alliance mates, in their personal interviews with the camera, actually said that they're letting him think he's running the show?

I don't specifically remember these comments. I do remember people saying that they were happy to let him lead to keep all the focus, but I don't remember anyone saying that he wasn't actually running the show. It is possible that I am just forgetting these comments.

Quote:
As for the comment about staying in the game ... here's a cocky guy who thinks that he is in a super strong alliance of 5 people. Don't you think he would have thought that he would have some say in who gets voted off next, which is what would have happened if the 5 had stuck together?

I'm sure he thinks that which is part of the problem. He wasn't saying that people were in trouble if they lied to his alliance, just if they lied to him. He clearly thought he was running the game even if he didn't consider himself a camp leader. The other part I forgot to mention earlier was that he was directing all of the challenges as well. He picked who would participate and who would sit out. He also directed who took which turn. This was most easily seen in one of the swimming challenges where he took about three consecutive turns and then called on Erik to go next...and I think Ozzy then went after Erik. Not to say this wasn't all good strategy, but he was doing all of the directing.

Quote:
Alexis clearly doesn't want to carry his babies, though she sure made it seem like she did. Good move on her part. Jason was super competitive against Ozzy and I doubt very much he would have been on an alliance with Ozzy. Erik admittedly is the ultimate lackey

Alexis gave us plenty of comments about Ozzy being her favorite and she sure spent plenty of time in his arms. She also jumped into the Ozzy lie to Jason and crossed her fingers while promising his safety. Happily she also realized that Ozzy was a threat and dealt with him when she could. Jason's main identity in the game has been as a competitor to Ozzy. I'm not sure what would have happened if Ozzy had kept his promise, but Jason was fairly crushed when he found out what was going on.

Quote:
I think Cirie is all about winning (which is the right way to play). One driving force I think? She knew that her alliance of 5 would kick her out when it was just 5 of them left and she's clearly angling for a way to go further than that (again, the right thing to do). Frankly, I'm constantly surprised why the 4 of them were so tight with her ... maybe coz they thought she wasn't a threat.

Cirie is all about winning, and she is a driving force...but she has only ever been a swing vote. She is not telling people who to vote for...aside from this most recent Ozzy boot. She was the catalyst for the Yau-Man vote, but not because she ever got anyone to agree with her that was the move to make. She didn't make a plan for the group, she just dug in her heels and Ozzy brought the group to her.

Cirie's move was necessary this week. She is the fifth wheel in an alliance of four, so the time to make the move is when there is nine left. This was the last time she had any sort of power. The only other time she might have power is when they got down to five, but you can't win this game by hoping people keep you around until you have power. Cirie probably thought Ozzy would keep Alexis over her since she is more controllable.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:45 PM   #288
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Just because Ozzy thought he was the leader doesn't make him the leader. W thinks he is a good President...
Old 04-21-2008, 04:25 PM   #289
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Just because Ozzy thought he was the leader doesn't make him the leader. W thinks he is a good President...

Ozzy didn't think he was the leader...as evidenced by the fact that all of his tribemates called him the leader and he was surprised. Everybody else calling him the leader goes a long way toward making him the leader. What Ozzy did think was that he was in charge of the game. Clearly he wasn't since he got voted out, but people were afraid of his influence and his challenge winning ability.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #290
General Mike
Pro Starter

Spoiler
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:36 PM   #291
Jas_lov
College Starter

So is it time for Cirie to flip the game again and go back to Amanda, James, and Erik? She's gotta be thinking she's #4 in the girls alliance with Parvati, Natalie, and Alexis being tight. She can go back to Amanda and James who are helpless and save them. Once it gets down to 4 or 5, Cirie is the last person they would target because she's not a threat to win immunities.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:16 PM   #292
Kodos
Resident Alien

Spoiler
Old 04-25-2008, 06:10 AM   #293
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Spoiler

I think the problem with that is one of the 3 guys (Jason) thought he was in an alliance with Natalie. I was thinking the same thing though, why don't the guys bring Amanda over and force a tiebreaker at least.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:57 AM   #294
Autumn
Head Coach

Jason proved to be just as much of an idiot as I expected, which was fairly entertaining to watch. Him gloating about being a part of an alliance was almost as good as him gloating about finding the fake idol.

I think it would have been smart for someone to drag Jason along to the final three with them though. The kid would believe anything you told him, and no one would ever vote for him.

At this point with Ozzy and Jason on the jury, it would pay off for one of hte guys to make it to the final three I think. Both those guys are pissed at most of the girls, and would eagerly vote for one of the guys they think didn't screw them over. James has a target on his back, but Erik might be able to squeak in. He wouldn't win any votes as a player, but if people are still pissy at that time he could win.

Do you think Amanda's really all sad-eyed about James, or is that just an act? I can never quite tell with her.

I think you're right that Cirie's in a good position, she's not much of a threat, and doesn't have anybody targeting her. The boys are in trouble obviously, and I think Parvati is too. Alexis, Cirie and Amanda are kind of under the radar right now.

How about Erik licking Cirie's fingers off? There was some fine television.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:07 AM   #295
Swaggs
Coordinator

Haven't seen this posted yet, so thought I would put it up.

CBS has webisodes called "Life at the Ponderosa," that show what happens to the jury members as they are voted out. Pretty cool, as it appears that jury members are allowed to discuss things.

Last edited by Swaggs : 04-25-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #296
Swaggs
Coordinator

Dola... here is the website for updating it.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivo.../ponderosa.php

Seems like you have to watch a Crest commercial before each one, but pretty interesting for longtime fans.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:33 AM   #297
Kodos
Resident Alien

It seems from tribal council that Ozzie is still pissed. Did people see him flick them off?
Old 04-25-2008, 11:05 AM   #298
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
It seems from tribal council that Ozzie is still pissed. Did people see him flick them off?

Someone mentioned that to me via IM, but I wasn't actively looking at the screen at the time, so I missed it.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:29 AM   #299
Kodos
Resident Alien

They blurred it out, but he definitely did it as he was taking his seat.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:28 AM   #300
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Thoughts:

1) Jason was desperately trying to believe that people actually liked him. I'm not sure what it is about him but people genuinely seem to detest/despise him. What was funny was Natalie repeatedly calling him a b**ch when talking to the camera. And he is so freaking stupid.

2) Unfortunately, while 3 guys + Amanda would have made sense, it was clear that Jason wouldn't play ball since he thought Natalie was on his side. His stupidity would have resulted in issues.

3) James and Amanda look like friends tbh. It seems like they're genuinely close (along with Ozzie) and it'll be interesting to see how it plays out eventually.

4) Interesting how this episode painted Parvati as the mastermind of the entire Ozzie debacle, when the previous episode suggested it was Cirie behind it. Also, when James called Parvati out during tribal council, Ozzie was clearly mouthing b**ch or worse.

5) Best hope for Amanda/James now (the ones I'm supporting)? Drag Cirie back on their side with Erik, blindside the other 3 girls. Cirie is such a wildcard though, it really depends on whether they can persuade Cirie that the arrangement is in her best interest. I'm not sure Cirie would bite.

6) Natalie comes off as a real man-hater.