Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-11-2006, 10:52 PM   #251
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

oh, and I've seen a tomahawk-backspin hole-in-one by a senior A player. Damn that was well done... She had to use a nerve stabilizer pill though, maybe she really didn't want to miss it...

FM
Old 06-11-2006, 10:54 PM   #252
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

and to add to my dolaism without dolas, I tomahawked one to 1.15 yards of a hole this evening. That was another high point

FM
Old 06-11-2006, 11:45 PM   #253
Vince
Pro Starter

I like to play longer rounds (9 or 18) with multiple players. I just read a book while I'm not shooting.

I definitely prefer playing with FOFCers though.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:51 PM   #254
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I like to play longer rounds (9 or 18) with multiple players. I just read a book while I'm not shooting.

Ditto on both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:00 AM   #255
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince

Windowed mode and multitasking
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:54 AM   #256
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I've been doing the tournament thing at the end of the night a couple of times now. Last night I was at eleven under on Blue Lagoon, and tanked the last couple of holes to get back to just three under. I remembered GB's advice on walking your scores down, so I did that. Tonight I just completed another tournament. This time I struggled a bit, but managed to finish at 5 under...I thought I was sinking a must have birdie on 18 to move to four under...but I apparently can't count.

On the bright side, I did manage a Hole In One on the sixth hole(I think).

I was really pressed for time tonight. Thirty five minutes is pretty tough I guess unless you are doing well.

Last edited by Glengoyne : 06-12-2006 at 12:55 AM.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:04 AM   #257
Terps
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan

I took a look at -forgethisname-'s profile and damnit, he had 200 holes-in-one!!!

I looked at the rankings and the leader for Hole In One's has about 1,500 or so.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:10 PM   #258
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Anyone else play Wiz Wiz? I just tried that for the first time. Argh.

The back 9 is incredibly hard. With the extra shots you've got to take to get around stuff, getting a par is like getting a birdie.

Was -1 at the turn, ended up +6.

Tried it again, was -4 after 13 holes, then got a 9 on one hole. Couldn't drive anywhere at all. Hopeless. Ended up with a +3.

The OBs are deadly. I think I had four of them in the first round, and probably five in the second round.

Then tried to break my -12 personal best on Blue Lagoon. Was -12 after 15 and proceeded to miss three birdie putts in a row to finish at -12. Argh.

Frustrating afternoon. Bob is in need of beer.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-13-2006 at 04:52 PM.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:40 PM   #259
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
Anyone else play Wiz Wiz? I just tried that for the first time. Argh.

The back 9 is incredibly hard. With the extra shots you've got to take to get around stuff, getting a par is like getting a birdie.

Was -1 at the turn, ended up +6.

Tried it again, was -4 after 13 holes, then got a 9 on one hole. Couldn't drive anywhere at all. Hopeless. Ended up with a +3.

The OBs are deadly. I think I had four of them in the first round, and probably five in the second round.

Then tried to break my -12 personal best on Blue Lagoon. Was -12 after 15 and proceeded to miss three birdie putts in a row to finish at -12. Argh.

Frustrating afternoon. Bob is in need of beer.

I shot a plus 40 there once

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:47 PM   #260
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

CW.. interesting choice of a character. She get bonuses besides starring in unmentionable Japanese Mangas?
Old 06-13-2006, 05:48 PM   #261
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hey, everyone is intimidated by the bitch with the cannon and the short skirt.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:53 PM   #262
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor
I shot a plus 40 there once

I don't think you should feel too special. The tournament I got a +6 in I was 4th out of 12 players. There were two or three players over +20. I think I was in the middle of the pack in the next tourney, but I remember seeing a +28 who had dropped out just after I turned the corner.

Very tough to score well there. The last six holes you're just trying to stay in bounds and make par. Pars are hard to get over the last six holes.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:21 PM   #263
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Me and Fozz just tore up a couple people in 2 match play games.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:30 PM   #264
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

and.. I'm back..

Cw, wanna find more victims, I mean opponents?
Old 06-13-2006, 06:34 PM   #265
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Just started dinner. I'll check in after I eat.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:46 PM   #266
Radii
Head Coach

The powergamer in me simply cannot stand the fact that I missed 10,000 pang by playing my best in a game when money is so important, and that is the best way to get it right now. So, from now on, you'll all be playing with Radii2.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:57 PM   #267
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Dammit Foz, get on. I need 3 more xp before I go to the bar tonight.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #268
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

On my way man
Old 06-13-2006, 07:19 PM   #269
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Apparently the Kinderslut look is really big among the Albatross creators. Sheesh
Old 06-13-2006, 07:25 PM   #270
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Okay, I just signed up for this. Will try to play some after dinner tonight

username is Airhog of course

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:34 PM   #271
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Apparently the Kinderslut look is really big among the Albatross creators. Sheesh

Hey, if you're gonna be over the top, you might as well be utterly ridiculous.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:17 PM   #272
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Well not that I have gotten a game under my belt. I like this game a bit more than shot-online. It seems like the physics are better here. I felt that the item selection was pretty poor though. But I think the physics is much more important than anything else, and this game might hold my interest longer than shot-online did.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:57 AM   #273
KWhit
Coordinator

I joined. KWhit is the name.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:59 AM   #274
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'll be on to play some tonight. I think we have enough #'s to do a tourney, what do you guys think?
Old 06-14-2006, 10:13 AM   #275
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

That'd be an idea Fozz. Barring anything unforeseen, like my wife requesting use of the computer, I should be online from about 9:30 to 11 or about.

I played three tournaments yesterday and darn it I pay for my stubbornnes. I just can't learn not to test the distance too much, or the curving too much. First tourney was at Blue Lagoon where my best to beat was -3. I hovered around -4 for most of the round, not that I planned it that way mind you as I was doing my best to build some room, until I got to the 16th where I bogeyed so needed a birdie on one of the last two holes to get my -4 back. Weehee, did it on the 17th only to miss my approach because of a 9m wind on the 18th and leave myself with a usually doable 9yds putt, if not for the crazy break in the middle. Yeah, left it about 0.5y short, bleh...

Then played Blue Water and water I visited Finished at +6 or so on that one, but still was able to finish the course in 35 minutes which is not easy when you shoot that much over par.

Then played North Wiz and that damn hole with the big castle sure made me pay. Killed my round on that one and shot +9 while the next worst player shot a +1 or so, embarassing... Yet, I still had fun

I need like 1000 pang to upgrade my control one more point and that will really help...

FM
Old 06-14-2006, 10:18 AM   #276
KWhit
Coordinator

A tourney would be fun.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:19 AM   #277
KWhit
Coordinator

How do you upgrade your stats. I leveled to Rookie E, but can't improve any stats.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:23 AM   #278
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
How do you upgrade your stats. I leveled to Rookie E, but can't improve any stats.

your character needs to be upgradable. Scout, the little kid they give you at the start, isn't upgradable. I paid the $20 to get Bob and the Air Lance II clubs and they have available slots to upgrade in some of the different skills. Got to "My Closet" and look at the skills of your character to see if he had room for an upgrade, and to the Equipment store to see if your clubs have room for an upgrade. I think the Air Lance I clubs (the basic ones) have a couple places where they can be upgraded. It'll cost you pang to upgrade a skill.

FM
Old 06-14-2006, 11:26 AM   #279
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Woot! Extracted revenge on Wiz Wiz this morning. Just kept telling myself to stay inbounds and play it safe on the back nine. I was able to hold onto a -4 front nine score and finish with that score. I was orginally planning to score a -1 to maximize pang bonus, but I nearly ran out of time, and was damned if I was going to see that effort wasted. Got a par on 18 with 8 seconds to go on the clock.

More amazing, it won the tournament! One other person was at -5, but they ran out of time. There were three of us tied at -4, but I won on pang. Only about a dozen of the original 20 or so finished, so I only got one of the third level trophies, but it felt awesome to win and collect some hardware.

Wore me out, though. My mind is fried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
your character needs to be upgradable. Scout, the little kid they give you at the start, isn't upgradable. I paid the $20 to get Bob and the Air Lance II clubs and they have available slots to upgrade in some of the different skills. Got to "My Closet" and look at the skills of your character to see if he had room for an upgrade, and to the Equipment store to see if your clubs have room for an upgrade. I think the Air Lance I clubs (the basic ones) have a couple places where they can be upgraded. It'll cost you pang to upgrade a skill.

FM

I might be wrong, but I think all the characters upgrade, but only when you go from rookie to beginner, and perhaps then again from beginner to amatuer. My understanding is that you get an additional point of power when you go from rookie to beginner, but you lose that accuracy charm that works while you are a rookie, so I'm not sure there is really that much of an upgrade.

The best way to improve your character is to obtain items and clothing and then upgrade them with pang. Like Frogman said, you can upgrade control and accuracy by one point on the Air Lance I clubs.

You need to be a certain level, however, to wear certain articles of clothing or use certain clubs. From RookieF to RookieE, the only difference is that you can participate in tournaments.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:28 AM   #280
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Coffee Warlord! I will have my revenge tonight! A FOFC smackdown will be heard!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:48 AM   #281
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

You shall never defeat the Kinderslut!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:51 AM   #282
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
I might be wrong, but I think all the characters upgrade, but only when you go from rookie to beginner, and perhaps then again from beginner to amatuer. My understanding is that you get an additional point of power when you go from rookie to beginner, but you lose that accuracy charm that works while you are a rookie, so I'm not sure there is really that much of an upgrade.

from what I remember by playing with the character simulator, the only thing you earn is one upgrade slot of power everytime you graduate from a group of ranks (from rookieA to beginnerE, from beginnerA to juniorE and so on) and nothing else.

I can't check it as it seems that the flash6 I have here at work is not good enough to make the character simluator work...

FM
Old 06-14-2006, 11:52 AM   #283
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

anybody find the girlie caddy extremely annoying? I mean, I'd slap her behind the head with my driver if she clapped her hand after I'd just holed in a double bogey... Maybe that's just me though

FM
Old 06-14-2006, 11:57 AM   #284
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
You shall never defeat the Kinderslut!

*giggles*

After I typed that yesterday, I was saying, gee I think I went a little too far.. but nice to see you agree. Maybe we can get a screenshot to show everyone else what I meant
Old 06-14-2006, 11:59 AM   #285
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
*giggles*

After I typed that yesterday, I was saying, gee I think I went a little too far.. but nice to see you agree. Maybe we can get a screenshot to show everyone else what I meant

F11
F11
F11
F11

GO!

FM
Old 06-14-2006, 12:04 PM   #286
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Work, sadly, but I will get you a screen shot if I play the Kinderslut.. er.. Coffee Warlord tonight
Old 06-14-2006, 12:52 PM   #287
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit

to add to my previous answer, see this post I made on page 6. It's a comparison of Bob with Scout:
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...71#post1164671

FM
Old 06-14-2006, 03:33 PM   #288
Radii
Head Coach

That character simulator is nice. Soooo.... without putting any money into this, I'll need 432,300 pang to get the character/item set that I find to be ideal in the end. nooooooo problem.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:54 PM   #289
Airhog
Captain Obvious

got my first eagle today. about 170yds out, and I just put it in the hole. 640 pang for the shot!

Old 06-14-2006, 06:28 PM   #290
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Playing now, upgraded Scout a bit
Old 06-14-2006, 07:18 PM   #291
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Tourneys are indeed quite fun.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:05 PM   #292
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Tourneys are indeed quite fun.

Usually they are a lot of fun, and it's nice to be able to play 18 holes in 35 minutes. I like them for picking up pang. I seem to average about 300-500 for playing (sometimes a lot more), and then another 1,000 if I can break my best score on the course. Got over 3,000 once on Sepia Wind (2000+ for playing and 1000 for breaking a personal record). Adds up quickly.

I made the mistake this afternoon of getting in one on Blue Water that was only 30 minutes instead of 35. What a mess. Not enough time for me to do anything but take a quick look and hit. I got a 9 on the par 3 hole number 10 and barely finished in time at +2. Only 10 of the starting 30 made it through in time.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:06 PM   #293
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Dola...

Note to self:
The more you drink, the harder the game gets.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:20 AM   #294
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Played a tourney last night, finished fourth. This weekend, we'll have our first ever FOFC Tour event
Old 06-15-2006, 09:10 AM   #295
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

after playing a fun 6 hole two man game on North Wiz that ended -6 to -5 for me, I also played a tourney yesterday. I finally got a hold of my nerves and was able to not screw the whole thing up and on the 18th green of Blue Lagoon, I was putting for par, about 1y away from the hole with a score on the round of -8. -3 was my previous best so I dropped it down to -4 and received my course pangs Still feels good to know I could have shot -8...

SirFozzie, let us know what you think about that FOFC tourney. I should be around almost for sure on any night at around 9:30pm eastern, up to about midnight...

FM
Old 06-15-2006, 09:54 AM   #296
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Playing now, upgraded Scout a bit

When I upgraded Scout with an extra point of control and accuracy, I ended up not being able to hit a Pangya shot with any regularity for several rounds of play. I'm just getting over it now.

On another note my wife has started to play, and we're having a good time together. I like that cause now if I can't find an FOFCer or two to bother for a round, my wife and I can go out and get some practice on the links.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:00 AM   #297
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Probably 9:30-10:00 Saturday or Sunday, if we can get the players.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:21 AM   #298
wade moore
lolzcat

I just FINALLY got a -1 in 18 holes on Blue Lagoon... I bought Scout some shoes that gave +1 power and it's amazing what difference those 4 yards can make...

I'm going to continue to try and just use scout, but we'll see if I'm able to hold out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:24 AM   #299
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
I just FINALLY got a -1 in 18 holes on Blue Lagoon... I bought Scout some shoes that gave +1 power and it's amazing what difference those 4 yards can make...

I'm going to continue to try and just use scout, but we'll see if I'm able to hold out...

offer yourself an engagement gift

Seriously, the 8 extra yards Bob is giving me for now do make a world of difference. It'll make even more of a difference when I upgrade one final power point to give him the full 240, 250 with a powershot...

FM
Old 06-15-2006, 10:25 AM   #300
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh. The Kinderslut hits 242 with the upgrades I have.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 06-15-2006 at 10:26 AM.