Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-18-2005, 03:51 PM   #251
TroyF
Coordinator

TD for LT. Third and one and everyone on Denver goes for the FB and doesn't pay attentioin to LT. That's poor coaching there. Very poor coaching.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:54 PM   #252
AlexB
Pro Starter

Vick makes something out of nothing, and Jenkins lets the ball slip through his hands... Bring back Peerless Price!
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 04:03 PM   #253
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Woohooo, looking good for San Diego. Okay it's still way too early, but I hope they spank those Broncos. I am sick of losing at their house.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 04:04 PM   #254
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Im sick of Seeing either Oakland or San Diego and The Eagles week in and week out.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:07 PM   #255
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Pennington is simply frightening to watch right now.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 04:09 PM   #256
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
Woohooo, looking good for San Diego. Okay it's still way too early, but I hope they spank those Broncos. I am sick of losing at their house.

Looking really good for SD right now. The Broncos wasted their early domination, both in TOP and the score.

The defense is playing pretty poorly right now. I like what the offense is doing, but they aren't putting points up. A huge third down coming up here. Third and 11. You have to find Gates and you have to force the punt here. The Chargers look like they are in complete control of this game right now.

And Brees gets a prayer answered. Horrible.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:12 PM   #257
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

The Jets offensive line is finally opening up some holes. Derrick Blaylock is looking greath in the #2 role, easing the decision to let LaMont Jordan walk (the only thing they could do).
Old 09-18-2005, 04:15 PM   #258
TroyF
Coordinator

14-3 Chargers. Barring a miracle comeback, it's time to just implode this Bronco team and it's time to fire Shanahan. Too much talent on this team to be playing like this. Denver dominates the first quarter and is down 14-3 late in the second?

This team is a joke right now.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:17 PM   #259
TroyF
Coordinator

It just gets better and better. Our best RB on this team is now hurt because Shanahan insists on not playing him at running back and putting him on the kick team. Nice call there Mike.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:21 PM   #260
AlexB
Pro Starter

Jerramy Stevens just made a class catch for a TD on a nice 45yd bomb from Hasselbeck - 21 zip Seahawks over a toothless Falcons. Shaun Alexander and Darrell Jackson are having their way with the Atlanta D.

The TD is under review, but it will stand
Old 09-18-2005, 04:25 PM   #261
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

The "Holy Roller" rule just came into effect and the Jets turned the ball over on downs at the 1 yard line. Martin fumbled the ball while trying to score (reaching for the goal line) on 4th and 1. He fumbled, it was batted around, and Jerald Sowell recovered for the (apparent) touchdown. It was overruled a second later and the ball went over on downs.

argh.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 09-18-2005 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:27 PM   #262
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

I envy you guys with that NFL direct package. I'm limited to watching the Chargersvs. Broncos game. But alas The History Channel is showing The Vietnam War marathon.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:28 PM   #263
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts
Jerramy Stevens just made a class catch for a TD on a nice 45yd bomb from Hasselbeck - 21 zip Seahawks over a toothless Falcons. Shaun Alexander and Darrell Jackson are having their way with the Atlanta D.

The TD is under review, but it will stand

That was a great catch. Seattle just lighting Atlanta up. The Hawks are abusing Atlantas nickle back today.

Last edited by TroyF : 09-18-2005 at 04:28 PM.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:28 PM   #264
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Packers just got screwed out of a fumble recovery because the ref called it the RB down. Dumbass, he fumbled way before he got near the ground.

The Packers are just....blaaah. Thats the best way to describe them. The offense stalls, the defense makes penalties.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:34 PM   #265
TroyF
Coordinator

Denver just looks horrible. the players are playing "stupid" Sorry, but that's coaching as much as the players. I've been a Shanahan apologist for awhile now. It's time to make a change. This team is going nowhere and it looks like half the team has simply quit. They deserve to be 0-2 after today.

Two games in and it's about time to start cheering for a high draft pick.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:41 PM   #266
Daimyo
College Starter

Nice win for the Colts. You know the offense will come around (not playing top tier defenses will help there!), but its nice to know the defense can actually win games for them now.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 04:43 PM   #267
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
Denver just looks horrible. the players are playing "stupid" Sorry, but that's coaching as much as the players. I've been a Shanahan apologist for awhile now. It's time to make a change. This team is going nowhere and it looks like half the team has simply quit. They deserve to be 0-2 after today.

Two games in and it's about time to start cheering for a high draft pick.

Try being a Lion fan sometime. Shanahan would be the greatest coach in Lions history.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:44 PM   #268
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo
Nice win for the Colts. You know the offense will come around (not playing top tier defenses will help there!), but its nice to know the defense can actually win games for them now.
I was surprised at the end score being so low, but congrats to them and their D.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:46 PM   #269
TroyF
Coordinator

Nice pass there Drew.

Good lord. . .
Old 09-18-2005, 04:49 PM   #270
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Try being a Lion fan sometime. Shanahan would be the greatest coach in Lions history.

I tell Bronco fans all the time how spoiled we are. Really spoiled. a bad season over the last twenty years or so has been 8-8. (a couple worse ones, but not many)

It's about time for the collapse to happen. And it's looking more and more like this year will be the start of it.

Unless, that is, we can get Drew Brees to keep hitting Champ Bailey in perfect stride for TD's. My God that was a horrible play by the Chargers. I don't know what happened. If it was a miscommunication or if Brees made a poor read, but that was Kelly Stoufer ugly.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:50 PM   #271
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I'm a girl.

Started to get teary-eyed watching Reggie White's widow as they retired his number and unveiled his number in the ring of fame.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:51 PM   #272
TroyF
Coordinator

DOLA, The replay showed that that was all Drew Brees there. Eyed his WR the entire way and threw a duck. Wow. I think the ONLY way Denver had a prayer in this game was a defensive or special teams TD. They needed the crowd involved and they needed a spark.

And Brees gives them one on the first play of the second half. My God.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:51 PM   #273
AlexB
Pro Starter

Three plays after missing Crumpler horribly while free in the end zone, Vick puts lovely touch on a short pass to Finneran. 21-7
Old 09-18-2005, 04:53 PM   #274
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Second half starts, Browns up 13-7 on Packers.

Come on Pack, lets do something on offense.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:55 PM   #275
AlexB
Pro Starter

They keep talking about which two teams some of the UK players would like to see at Wembley - Woot! sounds like the NFL have promised a regular season game to be staged over here!

I can get to a third NFL game without spending nearly $1000 to do so!

Last edited by AlexB : 09-18-2005 at 04:56 PM. Reason: undola
Old 09-18-2005, 05:02 PM   #276
TroyF
Coordinator

The Denver defense looks possessed right now. They look like they were told they'd be treated like the Iraqi soccer team if they didn't play with fire. A missed FG by Elam, but the Broncos are driving again, down 14-10.

SD possessions in the third quarter:

1) 1 play, INT returned for TD
2) 3 plays and out, punt
3) 3 plays, fumble
Old 09-18-2005, 05:03 PM   #277
TroyF
Coordinator

And Denvers offensive response:

1) 3 plays, missed FG
2) 3 plays, INT.

Nice job Jake.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:09 PM   #278
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Defense is keeping Denver alive.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:14 PM   #279
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Defense is keeping Denver alive.

No doubt about it. They are dominating in this second half. It's not that the Chargers are struggling on offense (like happened for a drive or two in the first half), Denver is just suffocating right now.

Whatever happened to that Leonard Little drunk driving charge?

I see he's still playing. I thought the second DUI was going to put him in jail for awhile.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:21 PM   #280
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Dilfer to Braylon Edwards for a TD. Edwards is one speedy mofo.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:24 PM   #281
Fouts
College Starter

Chargers need a score, they are lucky to be leading still. Brees isn't making me confident in the Chargers chances this year.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:25 PM   #282
miami_fan
Coordinator

The Dolphins' offense seems to have come back to reality. The defense is paying well but I think they are giving Pennington too much credit right now. They need to load up on the run and force the Jets to pass
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:29 PM   #283
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Chargers need a score, they are lucky to be leading still. Brees isn't making me confident in the Chargers chances this year.

They shouldn't be leading. Denver should not only be winning this game, they should be winning it by two scores or more. 2 missed field goals, a fumble on the one yard line and getting taken out of field goal range twice with stupid penalties. Just an amazingly ugly performence by the Broncos. Their second in a row.

That said, the defense is just playing out of their mind right now. I can't think of a more dominating half of D than I've seen thus far this half.

They are putting pressure on the QB, suffocating the WR and Tomlinson doesn't have even a tiny crease to run through. Will the offense make a play or not?

I'm leaning on no right now. But if the defense keeps giving them enough chances, eventually you'd figure they'd make a play.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:32 PM   #284
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
No doubt about it. They are dominating in this second half. It's not that the Chargers are struggling on offense (like happened for a drive or two in the first half), Denver is just suffocating right now.

Whatever happened to that Leonard Little drunk driving charge?

I see he's still playing. I thought the second DUI was going to put him in jail for awhile.
He's an Athlete/celebrity thus making him a Demi-God, and immune to charges like the rest of us.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:34 PM   #285
Fouts
College Starter

When Jake called a timeout, the announcer said SD is playing 6 DB's now. Everyone should be double covered!
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:34 PM   #286
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I really am starting to dislike Robert Furgeson. I hope him and Favre get on the same page again sometime soon....
Old 09-18-2005, 05:38 PM   #287
AlexB
Pro Starter

Woohoo! Dolphins TD - Gus Frerotte to McMichael - 10:7 early in the 4th. Anybody watching this game? How we doing overall?
Old 09-18-2005, 05:41 PM   #288
AlexB
Pro Starter

Vick brought himself out the game - tweaked hamstring. Injury report FOF stlye - probable. Return to full health - unknown
Old 09-18-2005, 05:44 PM   #289
miami_fan
Coordinator

Ummmm can the Dolphin corners play a little closer than..... 10 yard off the line?! Damn!
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:44 PM   #290
TroyF
Coordinator

Darrent Williams takes a punt back for a TD and it gets called back because Denver players start running on the field before it has been run in. Just unbelievable. Unbelievable.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:45 PM   #291
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Undiscipline Broncos sideline costed them.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:45 PM   #292
TroyF
Coordinator

First play after the punt call back, a pass to Anderson and Denver has the ball first and goal on the 2 yard line. This doesn't end in a TD, Denver loses this game. It's that simple.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:46 PM   #293
AlexB
Pro Starter

TJ Duckett steamrollers in for 6, Schaub to Crumpler for 2 more: 21-18. Seahawks threw away the W in week 1, and are trying their best to do the same here after being 21-0 up at the half
Old 09-18-2005, 05:46 PM   #294
TroyF
Coordinator

TOUCHDOWN!!!

Now, can the defense continue playing like the '85 Bears or do they fold?
Old 09-18-2005, 05:48 PM   #295
Lorena
Unregistered

Alright Breezer... show what'cha got! Show us last year wasn't a GODDAMN FLUKE!!
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:48 PM   #296
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Great. Bubba Franks makes a catch and gets his legs wrapped up weird as he gets tackled. This could be bad.

Season keeps getting better.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:49 PM   #297
TroyF
Coordinator

And just unless people believe I'm joking about that '85 Bears comment, look at these numbers:

Chargers in the second half: 19 plays. -18 yards, 1 defensive TD.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:50 PM   #298
TroyF
Coordinator

Some great plays to start their drive here. Those two plays put them into positive territory for the second half. SD ball on the 49, 2nd and 1. 7:44 left in the game.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:50 PM   #299
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And just unless people believe I'm joking about that '85 Bears comment, look at these numbers:

Yeah but....Denver lost to Miami.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:51 PM   #300
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:

Are you kidding me? It's one freaking half, the game isn't even over! 85 Bears is a bit of a stretch don'tcha think?

Last edited by Lorena : 09-18-2005 at 05:53 PM.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote