Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-22-2005, 06:15 PM   #251
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 23, 2009 -

Paddy Kenny, Stuart Elliott and Jason Roberts have all been called up to international duty for Feb. 4th.

I've made a few tweaks to this 4-4-2 tactic that I believe are going to help us play more effectively now.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 06:22 PM   #252
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 24, 2009 -

We are currently in 22nd place and we are hosting Cardiff today. They are in 11th place at the moment. They are led this year by star midfielder Gary Liddle who is only 22, but one of the best young midfielders in all of England. Centreback Peter Clarke has been good this year and he plays very well most of the time. Keeper Paul Harrison is an above average keeper who has 14 clean sheets on the year. Striker Lewis Guy provides most of their offense and he has 10 goals on the year.

They are 5-4 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the high 20's today.

GK: Paddy
DL: Ambourouet
DC: Wall
DC: Ward
DR: Nicell
ML: Lunt
MC: Rolfes
MC: Rix
MR: Teale
SC: Begeorgi
SC: Giuliani

S1: Gerken
S2: Janse
S3: Graham
S4: Elliott
S5: Kelly
Old 02-22-2005, 06:42 PM   #253
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Rix plays a nice pass for Giuliani in the box.. Giuliani shoots a nice curving shot from just inside the box.. good save by the keeper.

15 minute mark: Begeorgi gets it at midfield.. perfect through ball into the edge of the box.. Giuliani gets to it.. shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

30 minute mark: We have a flurry of shots on their goal, but their keeper deflects or stops every one of them.

35 minute mark: Lunt feeds the ball to Rolfes in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper catches it.

39 minute mark: Nicell with another nice defensive play.. long pass to Begeorgi who is ahead of the defense.. in the box.. fakes left.. goes right.. the keeper backpedals.. Begeorgi shoots.. the keeper blocks it with good positioning.

41 minute mark: Teale with a cross to Rix who passes to Rolfes who passes to Teale inside the box.. he shoots.. the keeper barely tips it over the bar.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We are dominating possession and the shots, but they are playing well defensively. We only have 8800 fans today Well, it is bloody cold outside.

50 minute mark: Paddy with series of spectacular saves before Wall finally clears it from teh box.

72 minute mark: Teale picks up a minor injury, but is enough that I decide to pull him. I move Lunt to right wing and bring Elliott in along the left wing.

82 minute mark: Lunt with a corner kick.. great kick.. to the far post.. Begeorgi heads it.. the keeper barely punches it over the bar.

92 minute mark: Elliott crosses for Begeorgi.. the centreback heads it away.

Game over. 0-0 tie. we played well, but their defense held off.

We outshot them 16-6 (12-3 on goal)

Paul Harrison won MoM. This offensive effort was encouraging in regards to the tweaks I've just made to the tactics.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:59 PM   #254
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 25, 2009 -

Lazio have signed away Jefferson Farfan from Leicester for 13 million dollars. Why couldn't he have left before we played our recent game with them?
Old 02-22-2005, 07:07 PM   #255
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 27th, 2009 -

Today I received the unfortunate news that both Moreno and Aguilar's WP appeals were denied. They both really would have helped the team and this is an unfortunate turn of events.

David Wright and Kenny Lunt were selected to the English Championship Team of the Week.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:28 PM   #256
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 29, 2009 -

Tottenham has signed Jordan Stewart away from Leicester for 6.2 million. What are they planning?
Old 02-22-2005, 07:44 PM   #257
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 31, 2009 -

Boris Zivkovic is now a Bosman eligible agent. His agent states that he doesn't think we can meet the demands of his client, but is willing to listen. I offer them 19,000/week plus 200,000 signing bonus.

I also offered 19,000 to Yossi Benayoun along with a 500,000 signing bonus. He is requesting 22,000/week.

Ricardo Osorio is only making 3,600/week but he wants 22,000/week. I offer him 19,000 which is the max I can offer according to the board but also offer 25% annual raise and a 500,000 signing bonus.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:46 PM   #258
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Basically, you have a choice. You can either appeal or don't appeal. If you chose to appeal, a second hearing is automatically scheduled (you are told the date.) When that time occurs, you are told the results. I've very rarely seen appeals work, but I almost always do them.

I wasn't sure how in-depth the appeal process is, and if it was more in-depth (though I nevered use it for WP, but refs), in CM 03/04? Can you do appeals or complaints for other things? You seem to really be getting into more and more.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 07:50 PM   #259
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 31, 2009 -

Ricardo Osario has called me already! He has accepted our deal! He will be the centreback that will take over when we lost Darren Ward.

Boris Zivkovic has rejected my offer.

Lazio's Fabrizio Melara has agreed to accept a deal to come join us! He is a young left/right winger who might develop in a good replacement for Teale if he ends up leaving next year. He is very fast, physical, with good mental attributes for one so young. He is also a very good passer.

The fans wanted me to bring in new talent this year and I believe I'm meeting this goal.

LATER on Jan 31, 2009 -

Yossi Benayoun has forgiven me for my earlier gaffe and has agreed to come join us on a Bosman transfer! This AMC will make my planned offense work next year if my scouts are right about him.

Centreback Abraham Paz of Cadiz has agreed to a bosman deal for only 8,400/week. He is a centreback/midfielder and I'm feeling very happy with all of these signings. I hope the board doesn't get impatient and lets me use this new talent next year.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:52 PM   #260
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
I wasn't sure how in-depth the appeal process is, and if it was more in-depth (though I nevered use it for WP, but refs), in CM 03/04? Can you do appeals or complaints for other things? You seem to really be getting into more and more.

I think CM 01/02 or CM 4 let you complain about the refs. That ability was not in CM 03/04 and it is not in FM 05 to my knowledge. There are no other appeals that I know of. The league will automatically reschedule matches for you sometimes if you have too many matches in a row due to cup matches and such. I think that was a manual appeal in older versions of the game.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:54 PM   #261
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 31, 2009 (It's only 11:15 AM now ) -

Ricardo Osorio's move has been delayed due to a WP. We are supposed to have an expedited hearing tomorrow! This legendary centreback has over 70 caps for Mexico. I'd be shocked if the 28 year old is denied a work permit.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:01 PM   #262
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 31, 2009 -

Today we travel to play Plymouth. They are currently in 7th place. We are currently in 22nd place. Plymouth has a talented team. They are led by midfielder Steve Sidwell who is a 26 year old who just makes all of the right plays. 21 year old striker Dean Evans is the focal of the attack and he has 12 goals and 8 assists in 26 starts. He is fast, skilled, and is already a star. Centreback Hasney Aljofree doesn't look particularly spectacular on film but he makes good plays for the team. Keeper Graham Stack is excellent and he really shows great ability to attack the ball in the air. He will be a tough keeper to score against.

Plymouth are 6-4 favorites.

It's raining and temperatures are in the high 30's.

DL: Ambourouet
DC: Wright (Ward needs rest)
DR: Nicell (After that goal/win costing mistake last game I don't want him at DC)
ML: Elliott
SC: Begeorgi (I expect him to have a big game against this defense)

S4: Lunt
Old 02-22-2005, 08:03 PM   #263
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
January 2nd, 2009 -

Darren Ward came into my office today and told me that he really wants to play in the EPL. He'd like me to try to transfer him if possible. He is 30, but still very talented. I'll definitely consider moving him if we get a good offer.

Racing's Yossi Benayoun has agreed to come play with us when his deal ends. WTF?!? I don't have enough transfer moneys to sign him? WTF?!? The game thinks I offered his team 5 million dollars for him!?!? Apparently, I offered a transfer deal for him? I don't remember doing so. In any case, I have to back out of that deal. He becomes a Bosman player next month and I'll offer him a deal then.

After I withdraw my transfer offer, I see that I could apparently offer him a deal before he became a Bosman but it automatically had me compensating Racing 5 million dollars! I'll approach him again when he is actually a true Bosman player.

Deportivo's 23 year old midfielder Abel Enrique Augilar has accepted my offer. He will be able to come to the club at the end of January (no transfer fee, he REALLY is a Bosman) if his WP gets approved.
'

what happened in all likelyhood is that his contract is unprotected, and it gave you the option of transfer immediately or end of the season. Immediately means that you can sign him for a fixed amount of compensation - end of season would be the Bosman.,

Edit: I really should read the whole thread..

Last edited by Crapshoot : 02-22-2005 at 08:05 PM.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 08:26 PM   #264
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I immediately notice they are using this funky 3-2-2-1-2 formation. This should be interesting..

4 minute mark: They have a flurry of hard shots on goal, but Paddy stops every one of them.

7 minute mark: Teale takes the corner kick.. it sails over Giuliani's head by the near corner.. curves.. Rolfes is by the far post.. he heads it.. past the keeper.. Rolfes scores!!!! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

25 minute mark: Evans with a hard shot from 20 yards out.. Paddy stops it.

39 minute mark: Paddy stops another hard shot from Evans.

43 minute mark: Sidwell with a nice pass to Andriy Pereplyotkin inside the box.. he takes two dribbles.. Paddy tries to cut down the angle.. he shoots from 10 yards.. past paddy.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL. 1-1.

Halftime: 1-1 tie. Good game for our team so far.

51 minute mark: Evans gets a shot from 10 yards.. Paddy with a big save.

54 minute mark: Teale gets the ball in the right corner of the pitch after Wright takes a direct kick.. Teale with a beautiful curving cross.. Begeorgi gets it in the box.. 15 yards from the goal.. shoots.. a powerful shot.. the keeper partially blocks it.. but it scoots past the goal line.. GOAL!!!! 2-1.

60 minute mark: Paddy stops a long shot from Sidwell.

69 minute mark: Elliott with a great cross to Teale.. he is about to head it.. and it looks like he is tackled in the box.. no call.. boo!

75 minute mark: Nicell with a great last minute tackle on Sidwell in the box.

Giuliani is tired so I sub on Graham for him. I also sub Kelly on for Elliott.

80 minute mark: Wall with a fantastic defensive play on Norris inside our own box.

82 minute mark: My heart skips a beat as a shot by Norris barely edges over the bar.

83 minute mark: Rix with a great pass to Graham who heads it to Begeorgi in the box.. he shoots.. keeper barely tips it over the bar.

86 minute mark: Great cross from Norris.. Kennedy heads it.. Paddy dives.. amazing play to tip it over the bar!

88 minute mark: kelly takes it down the left sideline.. crosses for Graham he heads it.. barely wide right.

89 minute mark: Rix passes to Kelly on the left wing.. he sends a great pass 20 yards down the pitch into the box.. Graham gets it.. fakes right.. steps left.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1.

Game over! 3-1 win against a good team that is in the top half of the table!

They outshot us 23-11 (11-9 on goal)

Paddy rightfully wins MoM (10 for form) for his 10 saves.

Teale, Nicell, Wright, and Rolfes all had 9's for form.

Most of the team had 8's for form.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:27 PM   #265
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot
'

what happened in all likelyhood is that his contract is unprotected, and it gave you the option of transfer immediately or end of the season. Immediately means that you can sign him for a fixed amount of compensation - end of season would be the Bosman.,

Edit: I really should read the whole thread..

Not nearly as bad as me misreading the expiration date of his contract
Old 02-22-2005, 08:48 PM   #266
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb. 1, 2009 -

Ricardo Osorio has been granted a conditional British Work permit to come join us I think this centreback will be a very nice addition to the team. He will join the team on Aug. 1, 2009.

The Wigan board called me into their office. They are very pleased with my last win and are pleased with my performance as a manager.

Everton has fired Sam Allardyce.

Hull has fired Brian Horton.

Oldham has fired Brian Talbot.

Tottenham is rumored to be considering firing Joe Kinnear.

Jason Euell of Charlton has won English Championship Player of the Month. Rohan Ricketts of Nottingham has come in 2nd, and Lewis Neal of Reading came in 3rd.

Plymouth's Dean Evans won young player of the month. Steven Brogan of Sheff. Wed came in 2nd, and Peter Poole of Crewe Alexandra came in 3rd.

Charlton's George Burley won Manager of the Month. John Ward of Crewe Alexandra came in 2nd, and Stephen Constantine of QPR came in 3rd.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:59 PM   #267
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb. 4, 2009 -

Liam Nicell and Gary Teale were selected to the Championship Team of the Week.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:07 PM   #268
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I am so happy to see things getting better as you're able to bring in your own players. How is Harrogate doing these days?

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 02-22-2005 at 09:07 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 09:08 PM   #269
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb. 7, 2009 -

Oooh... Manchester United lost their boss as highly respected Sven-goran Eriksson left to take over at Roma today. Manchester United will be looking for a new boss. I doubt I will be considered, but miracles can happen.

Oldham have hired Paco Fortes.

Fabrice Begeorgi has told a national newspaper that he is having problems adjusting to being at Wigan and in England

Georges Ambourouet has told a national newspaper that he is having problems adjusting to being at Wigan.

Georges has gone absent from training! That is unacceptable. I decide to fine him a week's pay.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:11 PM   #270
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I am so happy to see things getting better as you're able to bring in your own players. How is Harrogate doing these days?

Harrogate has lost or tied every game since I left there

Their last game was a 1-1 tie against Barnsley. Before that they lost 4-0 to Norwich. They are currently 24th in League One and appear likely to be relegated
Old 02-22-2005, 09:18 PM   #271
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb. 7, 2009 -

Today we host Millwall in a game that is going to be televised. We are currently in 20th place. Millwall is currently in 7th place and they have a talented team that is playing very cohesively now. Milwall relies on a great defense led by centreback Mark Phillips, Keeper Julian Speroni, Midfielder Jody Morris (who is doubtful for this game) and one spectacular offensive player. If we can shut down striker Marlon King, we have a good chance of beating them. Marlon has 20 goals on the year and no other player has even 5 goals. Marlon King is a 28 year Jamaican star with 35 caps/20 goals in international play who is extremely fast. He is also agile, accelerates great, and has a good finishing touch. He will be hard to contain. I wish we had Osario here already as he looks faster than all of my current centrebacks. If we can contain this player I think we can beat them.

We are 6-4 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the low 40's today.

DL: Mares (the new fullback will start right away, particularly with Georges bad behavior)
MC: Elliott (want to give Rix a game off)
SC: Begeorgi (hopefully scoring more goals will help him settle.)

S4: Rix

The TV announcers feel that Gary Teale is still my most important player. Julian Speroni is expected to need to have a great game in goal to keep us from scoring. The announcers believe he will do that and are expecting a draw today.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:25 PM   #272
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Feb. 7, 2009 -

Oooh... Manchester United lost their boss as highly respected Sven-goran Eriksson left to take over at Roma today. Manchester United will be looking for a new boss. I doubt I will be considered, but miracles can happen.

Oldham have hired Paco Fortes.

Fabrice Begeorgi has told a national newspaper that he is having problems adjusting to being at Wigan and in England

Georges Ambourouet has told a national newspaper that he is having problems adjusting to being at Wigan.

Georges has gone absent from training! That is unacceptable. I decide to fine him a week's pay.

I'll call the United and put in a good word for ya.

Care to post a updated league table?
Old 02-22-2005, 09:30 PM   #273
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

22 minute mark: Begeorgi is called for a trip on Bullock.. yellow card for Begeorgi.

37 minute mark: Nicell with a good defensive play.. sends it down the right sideline to Giuliani.. he heads it to elliott who crosses to Lunt.. Lunt feeds it to Begeorgi in the box.. he shoots.. barely over the bar.

Very defensive first half. 0-0 tie. We have approximately 10,000 fans here today.

66 minute mark: Lunt crosses it into the box for Elliott who has joined the attack.. Elliott with one of his magnificient headers.. into the lower left corner of the net.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

69 minute mark: Giuliani suddenly looks horribly exhausted.. I think he might be hurt and not telling me. I pull him for Graham.

75 minute mark: Lunt crosses for Graham who heads it.. just over the bar.

79 minute mark: Elliott with a nice through ball to Begeorgi in the box.. he shoots.. barely over the bar.

84 minute mark: Wall with a great defensive play on the speedy striker.

85 minute mark: Paddy with a solid save of a shot by Doherty from 20 yards out.

90 minute mark: Nicell with a pair of good defensive plays.

92 minute mark: Mares with a nice tackle in the box on King. Clean play to clear the ball.

Game over! 1-0 win for us

We outshot them 10-4 (1-1 on goal)

Kenny Lunt wins MoM, 11 of 18 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 2 of 5 headers, 1 interception, 7 runs, 1 assist.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:31 PM   #274
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
I'll call the United and put in a good word for ya.

Care to post a updated league table?

I'll put up an updated league table in a minute

Thanks for the good word.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:35 PM   #275
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Georges Ambourouet accepted his fine without comment. I can respect that, and hopefully he can be brought back into the fold.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:58 PM   #276
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Darn lightning storm temporarily knocked out my internet. Anyway, here are the standings:

Old 02-22-2005, 10:00 PM   #277
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb. 10, 2009,

Oh Darn. Fabrice Begeorgi failed to report to training today. I'm not going to play favorites. I'm docking him a week's pay.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:02 PM   #278
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 10, 2009 (Later in the day) -

Fabrice Begeorgi acknowledged that his unprofessionabl behaviour is unacceptable and that he deserved his fine! He indicated a willingness to improve his behaviour in the future.

I LOVE that response. I won't feel compelled to sit him for the next game thanks to his excellent response.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:04 PM   #279
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Feb 10, 2009 (Later in the day) -

Fabrice Begeorgi acknowledged that his unprofessionabl behaviour is unacceptable and that he deserved his fine! He indicated a willingness to improve his behaviour in the future.

I LOVE that response. I won't feel compelled to sit him for the next game thanks to his excellent response.

Randy Moss, are you listening?
Old 02-22-2005, 10:08 PM   #280
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 10, 2009 -

Today we travel to play Coventry. we are currently in 19th place. Coventry is currently in 2nd place and they are a deep team that is playing very well. Attacking midfielder Marc Bridge-Wilkinson has been phenomenal this year with an 8.02 avg form and 13 goals on the year. He is doing everything right for them. Centreback Titus Bramble is a very good centreback who has been a shutdown defender. Left winger Anthony Grant is equally adept at scoring and setting up other players. Striker Graham Barrett has 10 goals and 10 assists on the year! Keeper Scott Shearer has 18 clean sheets in 24 games. He has been very impressive, but he isn't so great that I don't think we can beat him.

Coventry are even odd favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the high 30's.

DL: Mares
MC: Elliott
SC: Guliani

S4: Rix
Old 02-22-2005, 10:32 PM   #281
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

8 minute mark: Elliott with a cross to Giuliani who heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. Rolfes shoots the rebound.. the keeper catches the shot.

13 minute mark: Teale gets a yellow card for a trip on Whing.

30 minute mark: we've been pressuring them all day.. finally Lunt gets a good pass between their defenders into the box.. Begeorgi shoots it.. hits the post and bounces wide.

36 minute mark: Lunt crosses to Teale in the box who heads it from 10 yards out.. the keeper catches it.

39 minute mark: Elliott with a through ball into the box.. Begeorgi shoots from 10 yards.. the keeper tips it over the bar.

42 minute mark: ward with a sensational defensive play on a cross pass.

44 minute mark: Giuliani gets it at midfield.. good through ball to Begeorgi in the box.. he is about to shoot.. the defender tackles him.. Lunt gets to it.. shoots.. the keeper saves it.

45 minute mark: Mares with a great defensive play.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We've surprisingly controlled the game so far..

48 minute mark: Rolfes passes it to Giuliani who dribbles into the box.. shoots.. for the upper left corner.. barely wide left.

50 minute mark: rolfes with a nice pass to Begeorgi in the box.. he is about to shoot.. Whing tackles him.

54 minute mark: richie Partridge gets a yellow card for tripping Elliott.

56 minute mark: Teale with a nice corner.. Ward heads it.. barely over the bar.

62 minute mark: Ward gets a yellow card for a trip on Bridges.

70 minute mark: Graham on for Giuliani, Kelly on for Elliott, and Rix on for Rolfes.

76 minute mark: Gudjonsson crosses for Suffo who shoots.. amazing save by Paddy.. we get the counter attack going.. Ward with along pass to Begeorgi who dribbles around two defenders.. past a third.. amazing dribble.. then he shoots from 20 yards.. laser shot.. upper left corner.. it's past the keeper.. GOAL!!!!! 1-0! The announcer is right, that was an amazing strike!

81 minute mark: Meares with a nice defensive play.

85 minute mark: Mears witha nice defensive play.. he sends it to Rix at midfield.. Rix passes it to Teale in the right corner of the pitch.. Teale crosses for Begeorgi by the far post.. Begeorgi with a diving header.. into the upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0!

90 minute mark: Teale crosses for Graham by the near post.. he heads it.. into the bar.. he gets the rebound.. shoots.. the keeper blocks it.

92 minute mark: Meares with a good defensive play in the box.

GAME OVER! 2-0 win for us! We beat the 2nd place team in the league on their pitch!

We dominated possession and outshot them 18-11 (10-6 on goal)

Kenny Lunt had a 9 for form and won MoM, 27 of 35 passes, 1 of 3 tackles, 3 of 8 headers, 3 interceptions, 4 runs, 1 assist.

Lunt, Paddy, Ward, Begeorgi all had 9's for form. The remainder of the team had 8's for form.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:37 PM   #282
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Ward gets an automatic ban for 5 yellow cards.

My physios inform me that Elliott and Darren Ward need a rest. I guess Ward's suspension came at the right time.

Mr. Whelan is absolutely delighted with that victory.

Gary Teale's 11 assists on the year is a new team record.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:15 PM   #283
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb. 14, 2009 -

Today we travel to play Rotherham. We are in 19th place. They are in 18th place. Rotherham's top keeper is injured. They will be starting Boaz Myhill (one of my favorite players at Hull in CM 03/04) who is a good but not great keeper. Right fullback Emmerson Boyce leads the defense. Centreback Ian Brecklin is a solid defender. Their best midfielder Chris Swift is injured. Their leading striker is Will Hoskins who has 12 goals. His partner Danny Forrest has 10 goals on the year. They have a good attack, but we should be able to score on them.

We are even odd favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 50's today.

DL: Mares (I will remember how to spell his name this game)
DC: Wright
MC: Rolfes (giving Elliott the needed rest)

S4: Ambourouet
Old 02-22-2005, 11:35 PM   #284
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1 minute mark: Paddy stops a long shot from Catney.

5 minute mark: Teale takes a corner kick (that Begeorgi earned with a hard shot).. sends it to the near post.. Giuliani heads it back to Teale.. Teale passes it to Rix in the center of the box.. Rix shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

25 minute mark: Lunt passes it to Begeorgi inside the left half of the box.. he shoots for the upper right corner.. the Boaz blocks it.

35 minute mark: Begeorgi with a hard shot.. Boaz barely tips it over the bar.

45 minute mark: Sweeney with a free kick from 20 yards out, just barely outside the box.. powerful shot for the upper right corner.. Paddy with a great save!

Halftime: Up 1-0.

51 minute mark: Lunt passes it into the box.. Giuliani shoots.. upper left corner.. Boaz dives.. tips it over the bar.

61 minute mark: Wall with a great defensive play in the box.

67 minute mark: Rix with a nice pass into the box for Begeorgi.. he shoots.. lower right corner..Boaz partially blocks it.. it trickles.. just wide right.

69 minute mark: Forrest with an opportunity from 10 yards out.. Paddy tips the shot over the bar.

Graham on for Giuliani and Kelly on for Rolfes.

72 minute mark: Kelly with a nice pass to Graham in the box.. he shoots.. Boaz barely tips it over the bar.

74 minute mark: Catney shoots the ball from 10 yards after a great cross from John Baptiste.. great shot.. it hits off the crossbar.. lucky bounce for us.

Game over. 1-0 win for us

We outshot them 13-11 (5-3 on goal)

Boaz Myhill won MoM.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:35 AM   #285
condors
College Starter

looks like the team is coming together a bit there for you
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:58 PM   #286
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
looks like the team is coming together a bit there for you

Yes, I think it is. I think the best move I made was benching Roberts. He was my best striker at the time, but some reason the rest of the team hated him. I'm hoping they just hated him because he was so vocal about wanting to go to a bigger club. In any case, Begeorgi is certainly helping us, but the entire team is pulling together.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:25 PM   #287
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb. 16, 2009 -

Darren Ward was selected to the Championship Team of the Week.

Janse's loan deal is about to end.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:25 PM   #288
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm still incredibly lost in this game. Was there a book to the game?
Old 02-23-2005, 08:31 PM   #289
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb. 18, 2009 -

Georges Ambourouet was absent from training again today. I have no choice but to fine him a week's wages. If it happens a third time, I will fine him 2 week's wages.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:32 PM   #290
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Awesome job pulling the team together.
Quote:
Ricardo Osorio has been granted a conditional British Work permit to come join us I think this centreback will be a very nice addition to the team. He will join the team on Aug. 1, 2009.
Awesome! Congrats! If I understand right, if he plays in 75 or 80% of your games, you should have no problem re-upping his contract. For that reason, these guys becomes my favourite sub at 60 minutes and, if good enough, starter every 3 games or so.

Then after 5 years, they get their passport and you're set!
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 08:33 PM   #291
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I'm still incredibly lost in this game. Was there a book to the game?
There is/was an instructional manual of about 50 pages. It is fairly good, but I recommend getting a strategy guide from the FOFC forum to help fill in the blanks. Of course, I (and others in this forum I'm sure) are always glad to answer specific questions.

Edited to clarify: I meant you should get Marc V's strategy guide which can be found in the general forum.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-23-2005 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:35 PM   #292
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
Awesome job pulling the team together. Awesome! Congrats! If I understand right, if he plays in 75 or 80% of your games, you should have no problem re-upping his contract. For that reason, these guys becomes my favourite sub at 60 minutes and, if good enough, starter every 3 games or so.

Then after 5 years, they get their passport and you're set!

Yep!

I don't like having too many internationals unless they are starting quality, but I'll usually just sub them in every game sometime in the last 30 minutes and start them other times I think with the loss of Ward, I will need Osario to start almost every game if he can handle it
Old 02-23-2005, 08:38 PM   #293
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb. 19, 2009 -

Unlike last time, Georges commented on the fine this time. He acknowledged that his unprofessional behaviour is unacceptable and that he deserved his fine. He has indicated a willingness to improve his behaviour in the future. I hope he means it.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:43 PM   #294
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
There is/was an instructional manual of about 50 pages. It is fairly good, but I recommend getting a strategy guide from the FOFC forum to help fill in the blanks. Of course, I (and others in this forum I'm sure) are always glad to answer specific questions.

Edited to clarify: I meant you should get Marc V's strategy guide which can be found in the general forum.

Thanks. Note to self: Smack Mizzourah for not sending me the book.

Gotcha.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:43 PM   #295
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb. 20, 2009 -

Manchester United have hired Ruud Gullit who was coaching Feyenoord to be their new boss. The 45 year old is very excited to be taking over such a prestigious team.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:44 PM   #296
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Thanks. Note to self: Smack Mizzourah for not sending me the book.

Gotcha.

Not like Todd to forget to send the instruction manual. I wonder if his copy was missing it for some reason.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:49 PM   #297
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 21, 2009 -

A national website has reported that Millwall and Crystal Palace are both battling to sign away David Wright. Reportedly they are going to offer me in the area of 2.8 million to get Wright away from my team. I'll gladly accept that deal if it is offered, as I risk losing him for nothing in a few months..
Old 02-23-2005, 08:54 PM   #298
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb. 21, 2009 -

Today we host Preston. We are currently in 18th place and Preston is in 14th place. They are led by midfielder Michael Stewart who is a superb passer. Their leading scorer is Dave Kitson who has 16 goals on the year. His partner Mark Jackson has 13 goals. Other than these 3 players, their next top 7 guys including 4 defensive players are injured. Keeper Andrew Lonergan has been facing a lot of shots lately due to the poor defense and he has been giving up quite a few goals. We should be able to beat this shorthanded team.

This match is on TV today.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the mid 40's.

DL: Mares
DC: Wright

S2: Elliott
S4: Georges Ambourouet
Old 02-23-2005, 09:10 PM   #299
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Feb. 20, 2009 -

Manchester United have hired Ruud Gullit who was coaching Feyenoord to be their new boss. The 45 year old is very excited to be taking over such a prestigious team.

Sorry Doc,
I tried to get a good word in. He said that they were looking for a new ball boy though.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:11 PM   #300
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Feb 21, 2009 -

A national website has reported that Millwall and Crystal Palace are both battling to sign away David Wright. Reportedly they are going to offer me in the area of 2.8 million to get Wright away from my team. I'll gladly accept that deal if it is offered, as I risk losing him for nothing in a few months..

This a rumor, or have they come and expressed interest or made an offer?