Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-30-2003, 05:21 AM   #251
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Post Fight Interview - Joe Bagadonuts

Teddy Atlas, "Beans has looked real good in his last couple of fights Joe. What do you attribute that too?"

Joe, "We've sort of settled in on a style to use. We still have some flexibility because Bean's is capable of doing a multitude of things, but he's at is best when he goes right after his opponent."

Atlas, "How did you settle on this style?"

Joe, "Well, we analyzed what he does best, which is probably nothing. I don't mean that bad, but he's really good in all aspects and not great at any 1 skill. Then I compared him to other fighters in his weight class and determined that his Chin was outstanding. So I talked with him, actually I had to talk him out of retirement, but regardless, I talked to him about sticking his chin out, taking some punches but delievering them as well."

Foreman, "It takes a man to stand there and get hit, especially when they fight someone with Hatfields strength."

Joe, "That and a little of Bean's home remedy."

Foreman, "Home Remedy?"

Joe, "Oh!...I said that outloud....um....nevermind...got to run."
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 05:59 AM   #252
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Nice win in an exciting fight. Glad he was talked out of retirement, it's always a little slower around the gym towards the middle of the week.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 06:14 AM   #253
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Gnu Clincher 4 (8-3-0 7/1) vs Pacho O`Kelly (9-4-1 7/2)

PreFight Assessment - Teddy Atlas

A Rematch, and one on the surface that wouldn't appear to be entertaining. The first time these two fighters met...Pancho dominated winning all 12 rounds. However, Gnu inflicted some damage on Pancho - breaking his nose and cutting his left eye. Gnu is a tough and good fighter, who has 7 KOs in 8 wins, and he's only been KOed 1 time. He will be very motivated for this fight...and I seriously doubt Pancho's game plan for the first fight will be sufficent to win again. Some changes will have to be made.

------------------Predictions--------------

Atlas, "These are two evenly balanced fighters. I know the last fight went to Pancho in a blow out, but they really are much closer than the score in that fight would have indicated. I think Pancho wins, but I'm guessing it will be more like 115 to 113.

Burt Sugar, "I agree these two are evenly matched. I think Gnu is stronger and more of a KO threat...despite the fact they have the same number of KOs. He seems more capable of getting one when he needs it. If this fight goes to the cards I think Pancho wins...if a KO happens Gnu gets it."
Old 09-30-2003, 07:13 AM   #254
condors
College Starter

Bobby "baked" Beans - "Just want to thank Joe for putting me into a postion to win, Good luck to Pancho and every else this week we had a pretty good week overall as a gym and hopefully can continue it through this week, anyone remember where i parked?"
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 03:55 PM   #255
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

That was a close one but Beans is back on track.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 05:47 AM   #256
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Here is the Pancho fight. I'm not going to do a write up on this one because I screwed up. I created a fight plan to counteract Gnu, but unfortunately, when I went to choose it in the drop down I must have gone 1 too far. So the fight plan Pancho used wasn't the one I had intended. I'm very angry about this because we probably would have won if I hadn't messed up...

sorry bertogarce.

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 1 inch(155 centimeters) tall weighing in at 153 pounds (69 kilograms) with a record of 8 wins, 0 draws, and 3 losses fighting for Greät Gnu`s Garage (WILBOO Inc.)Dedication2Domination out of Cartersville, Georgia is Gnu Clincher 4!!

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 10 inches (178 centimeters) tall weighing in at 153 pounds (69 kilograms) with a record of 9 wins, 1 draw, and 4 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Pacho O`Kelly!!

This bout is scheduled for 12 rounds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROUND 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gnu Clincher 4 is clinching a lot. (clinching)
O`Kelly feints and fakes. (feinting)

Gnu Clincher 4 jars O`Kelly with a big hook to the head!! The crowd is on its feet!!

According to the Commentators:

Gnu Clincher 4 landed 11 of 32 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (41 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 40 of 63 punches -- 8 power punches, 24 jabs, 8 rights. (104 points)

Pacho O`Kelly won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Pacho O`Kelly is winning the fight 10-9.

Gnu Clincher 4 doesn't need to rest.

O`Kelly doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Gnu Clincher 4 hammers O`Kelly with a ferocious uppercut to the ribs!! The crowd roars!! O`Kelly grimaces in pain.

Gnu Clincher 4 landed 9 of 37 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (34 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 40 of 60 punches -- 8 power punches, 24 jabs, 8 rights. (104 points)

Pacho O`Kelly is winning the fight 20-18.

O`Kelly remains standing while the trainer wipes him down. He has a fractured nose.

ROUND 3

Gnu Clincher 4 hammers O`Kelly with a ferocious uppercut to the stomach!! The crowd roars!! O`Kelly grimaces in pain.

Gnu Clincher 4 landed 11 of 30 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (41 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 35 of 60 punches -- 7 power punches, 21 jabs, 7 rights. (91 points)

Pacho O`Kelly is winning the fight 30-27.

O`Kelly grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has a fractured nose.

ROUND 4

Gnu Clincher 4 jars O`Kelly with a big right to the solar plexus!! The crowd is on its feet!!

Gnu Clincher 4 landed 15 of 41 punches -- 10 power punches, 0 jabs, 5 rights. (55 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 37 of 66 punches -- 7 power punches, 23 jabs, 7 rights. (95 points)

Pacho O`Kelly is winning the fight 40-36.

O`Kelly is obviously tired. He has a fractured nose.

ROUND 5

Gnu Clincher 4 goes toe-to-toe. (inside)
O`Kelly dances around the ring. (using the ring)

Gnu Clincher 4 jars O`Kelly with a big roundhouse to the head!! The crowd is on its feet!! O`Kelly staggers into the ropes!!

Gnu Clincher 4 landed 36 of 82 punches -- 10 power punches, 17 jabs, 9 rights. (101 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 21 of 51 punches -- 4 power punches, 13 jabs, 4 rights. (54 points)

Gnu Clincher 4 won the round 10-9 by stunning O`Kelly.

Pacho O`Kelly is winning the fight 49-46.

Gnu Clincher 4 remains standing while the trainer wipes him down. He has a serious cut over his left eye.

O`Kelly looks exhausted. He has bleeding below his left eye. He has a fractured nose.

ROUND 6

O`Kelly won't come out for the next round! The fight is over!! Gnu Clincher 4 wins by TKO!!
Old 10-01-2003, 05:26 PM   #257
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

It does suck Breeze, but you're human; everyone makes mistakes. You've won us a lot more than you'll ever lose us.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:56 AM   #258
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Tough Fights Coming Up for:

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders (9-4-0 5/1) vs Frank "the Hammer" Johanson (24-20-0 18/15)

This is a rematch. The first fight occured 5 fights ago. It was a tough fight that Hurricane won by KO in the 10th round. Hurricane was winning that fight and Johanson opened up trying to get a KO and was caught by a Hurricane counter-punch.

Despite the fact Hurricane was up big in the fight going into the 10th round...it was extremely close. We are talking about Hurricane winning rounds by getting 4 point more a round than Johanson. It easily could have gone the other way. This fight could be equally as good...Johanson...as it obvious by his 18 KOs is very dangerous, and as for Hurricane...he has to feel confident coming into this fight knowing he can beat his opponent.

--------------Predictions----------------

Atlas, "I have no idea. Hurricane can easily outpoint Johanson, but he might have to work harder this time to do it, which means he could get tagged by punches a little more as well. If that happens Johanson will knock him out. I wouldn't even bet your money on this fight."
Old 10-02-2003, 06:02 AM   #259
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Long Haul Lou (16-8-1 3/2) vs Brian "The Butcher" Babson (9-0-0 3/0)

PreFight Assessment - Larry Merchant

Let's start by saying Babson is the much better fighter here, but let's follow that up by saying Lou is the kind of opponent that gives Babson the most trouble. Lou is a fighter that doesn't knock people out, but he doesn't get KOed either. He is a conditioning monster with a chin like a rock. To win this fight Babson will have to really open up to do damage and leave himself open to receive damage as well, or he'll have to work really hard to win rounds which could tire him before the fight ends. Regardless, I think Babson would much rather face a flasher who comes out hard early and wears out by the 5th.

------------Predictions-------------

Merchant, "I think Babson wins, but it will be extremely close. In fact, uncomfortably close for Babson and Co.
Old 10-02-2003, 06:11 AM   #260
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Good stuff, gotta figure as the fighters start to do better, the opponents will get more nasty as well. I have to give some credit to The Hammer, still fighting even though he's been knocked out 15 times. At least Long Haul Lou is a pretty small threat for a KO considering his record.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:44 AM   #261
condors
College Starter

don't discount long haul lou 16-8 may not be scary good but he has beaten 16 guys and has come into fights with tactics from left field several times being unpredictable having a good chin and being in good shape can be ingrediants for an upset, i would bet against lou but i don't think butcher is going to have an easy fight anytime soon as the guys with his status have won enough fights to have proven themselves
Old 10-02-2003, 05:39 PM   #262
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Unpredictable is always scary, but I'd rather Butcher get creamed by a really good fighter Breeze can learn something from then pound someone who doesn't even make an effort to win.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:14 AM   #263
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 4 inches (193 centimeters) tall weighing in at 190 pounds (86 kilograms) with a record of 9 wins, 0 draws, and 0 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Brian "The Butcher" Babson!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet (183 centimeters) tall weighing in at 181 pounds (82 kilograms) with a record of 16 wins, 1 draw, and 8 losses fighting for Grox out of Mclean, Virginia is Long Haul Lou!!

ROUND 1

The Butcher is backpedaling. (using the ring)
Lou dances around the ring. (using the ring)

Lou punches The Butcher with a head butt! The referee stops the action and issues a warning!

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 21 of 53 punches -- 1 power punch, 19 jabs, 1 right. (45 points)
Long Haul Lou landed 6 of 35 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (22 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 10-9.

The Butcher doesn't need to rest.

Lou doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 19 of 54 punches -- 1 power punch, 17 jabs, 1 right. (41 points)
Long Haul Lou landed 9 of 41 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (33 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 20-18.

ROUND 3

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 23 of 55 punches -- 1 power punch, 21 jabs, 1 right. (49 points)
Long Haul Lou landed 6 of 37 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (22 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 30-27.

ROUND 4

The Butcher dances around the ring. (using the ring)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 26 of 67 punches -- 6 power punches, 14 jabs, 6 rights. (70 points)
Long Haul Lou landed 18 of 46 punches -- 8 power punches, 2 jabs, 8 rights. (60 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 40-36.

ROUND 5

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 15 of 55 punches -- 4 power punches, 7 jabs, 4 rights. (42 points)
Long Haul Lou landed 13 of 46 punches -- 6 power punches, 1 jab, 6 rights. (44 points)

This round was a 10-10 tie.

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 50-46.

The Butcher remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 6

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 15 of 50 punches -- 4 power punches, 7 jabs, 4 rights. (42 points)
Long Haul Lou landed 15 of 46 punches -- 7 power punches, 1 jab, 7 rights. (51 points)

Long Haul Lou won the round 10-9 with accurate power punches.

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 59-56.

ROUND 7

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 14 of 65 punches -- 4 power punches, 6 jabs, 4 rights. (40 points)
Long Haul Lou landed 13 of 49 punches -- 6 power punches, 1 jab, 6 rights. (44 points)

Long Haul Lou won the round 10-9 with accurate power punches.

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 68-66.

ROUND 8

The Butcher backpedals. (outside)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 33 of 76 punches -- 1 power punch, 31 jabs, 1 right. (69 points)
Long Haul Lou landed 13 of 36 punches -- 6 power punches, 1 jab, 6 rights. (44 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 78-75.

ROUND 9

Lou traps his opponent against the ropes. (ropes)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 19 of 60 punches -- 4 power punches, 11 jabs, 4 rights. (50 points)
Long Haul Lou landed 31 of 70 punches -- 2 power punches, 27 jabs, 2 rights. (68 points)

Long Haul Lou won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 87-85.

ROUND 10

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 19 of 61 punches -- 4 power punches, 11 jabs, 4 rights. (50 points)
Long Haul Lou landed 34 of 78 punches -- 2 power punches, 30 jabs, 2 rights. (74 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 96-95.

The Butcher grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 11

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 22 of 66 punches -- 5 power punches, 12 jabs, 5 rights. (59 points)
Long Haul Lou landed 33 of 72 punches -- 2 power punches, 29 jabs, 2 rights. (72 points)

The fight is too close to call at this point.

ROUND 12

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 22 of 59 punches -- 5 power punches, 12 jabs, 5 rights. (59 points)
Long Haul Lou landed 30 of 70 punches -- 2 power punches, 26 jabs, 2 rights. (66 points)

Long Haul Lou is winning the fight 115-114.

The judges' decisions are:

Judge Roy Bean scores the fight as follows:

Round 1: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 2: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 3: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 4: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 5: Long Haul Lou 10-9
Round 6: Long Haul Lou 10-9
Round 7: Long Haul Lou 10-9
Round 8: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 9: Long Haul Lou 10-9
Round 10: Long Haul Lou 10-9
Round 11: Long Haul Lou 10-9
Round 12: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
A 114-114 tie.

Judge Judy scores the fight as follows:

Round 5: A 10-10 tie.
Round 12: Long Haul Lou 10-9

Total Score: Long Haul Lou 115-114

Judge Lao Mang Chen scores the fight as follows:

Round 5: Long Haul Lou 10-9
Round 12: Long Haul Lou 10-9

Total Score: Long Haul Lou 115-113

Long Haul Lou wins by decision!
Old 10-03-2003, 05:14 AM   #264
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Atlas, "Joe, Brian was winning big early what happened?"

Joe, "A couple of things. We started working with more power punches to try and wear out Lou a little and maybe take away the posibility of an allout round beating us late, and Lou started working harder."

Atlas, "Why not work a little harder in the last couple of rounds?"

Joe, "I tried to urge Brian to do that, but for some reason he felt he had the fight won."

Actually, it appears I got a line of code out of order. The fight plan was one of my better ones, but I have some fine tuning to do with it. I was hoping your 12/1/7 (outside) code line was going to run in round 12, but insted it defaulted to the line of code recognizing you weren't taking much damage. I'll flip the order for the next time we need to use this plan.

Last edited by Breeze : 10-03-2003 at 05:19 AM.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:23 AM   #265
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 8 inches (173 centimeters) tall weighing in at 170 pounds (77 kilograms) with a record of 24 wins, 0 draws, and 20 losses fighting for Toughguys Gym out of Chesapeake, Virginia is Frank "the Hammer" Johanson!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet (183 centimeters) tall weighing in at 175 pounds (79 kilograms) with a record of 9 wins, 0 draws, and 4 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders!!

ROUND 1

the Hammer is clinching a lot. (clinching)
Hurricane dances around the ring. (using the ring)

Frank "the Hammer" Johanson landed 23 of 43 punches -- 8 power punches, 7 jabs, 8 rights. (70 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 13 of 35 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (48 points)

Frank "the Hammer" Johanson won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Frank "the Hammer" Johanson is winning the fight 10-9.

the Hammer doesn't need to rest.

Hurricane doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Frank "the Hammer" Johanson landed 20 of 43 punches -- 7 power punches, 6 jabs, 7 rights. (61 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 14 of 42 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 5 rights. (51 points)

Frank "the Hammer" Johanson is winning the fight 20-18.

the Hammer doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 3

Frank "the Hammer" Johanson landed 18 of 49 punches -- 6 power punches, 6 jabs, 6 rights. (54 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 12 of 39 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (44 points)

Frank "the Hammer" Johanson is winning the fight 30-27.

the Hammer remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 4

Frank "the Hammer" Johanson landed 14 of 37 punches -- 6 power punches, 2 jabs, 6 rights. (46 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 43 of 73 punches -- 9 power punches, 25 jabs, 9 rights. (113 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Frank "the Hammer" Johanson is winning the fight 39-37.

the Hammer remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

Hurricane remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 5

Frank "the Hammer" Johanson landed 14 of 38 punches -- 6 power punches, 2 jabs, 6 rights. (46 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 40 of 72 punches -- 8 power punches, 24 jabs, 8 rights. (104 points)

Frank "the Hammer" Johanson is winning the fight 48-47.

the Hammer grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

Hurricane remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 6

Frank "the Hammer" Johanson landed 16 of 43 punches -- 6 power punches, 4 jabs, 6 rights. (50 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 20 of 54 punches -- 7 power punches, 6 jabs, 7 rights. (61 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders won the round 10-9 by throwing more punches.

Hurricane grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 7

Frank "the Hammer" Johanson landed 12 of 50 punches -- 4 power punches, 4 jabs, 4 rights. (36 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 13 of 51 punches -- 6 power punches, 1 jab, 6 rights. (44 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders won the round 10-9 with more accurate punching.

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 67-66.

ROUND 8

Hurricane traps his opponent against the ropes. (ropes)

Frank "the Hammer" Johanson landed 12 of 48 punches -- 4 power punches, 4 jabs, 4 rights. (36 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 13 of 41 punches -- 6 power punches, 1 jab, 6 rights. (44 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 77-75.

the Hammer is obviously tired.

ROUND 9

the Hammer is a raging bull! (all out)

Hurricane pummels the Hammer with a big roundhouse to the stomach!! The crowd is on its feet!! the Hammer seems wobbly!! It looks like he might go down..

the Hammer jars Hurricane with a head butt! Boo! Boo!

Hurricane smashes the Hammer with a ferocious hook to the jaw!! The crowd roars!!

Hurricane annoys the Hammer with an uppercut to the stomach. the Hammer seems dazed. He's out on his feet!!

Hurricane lands a huge left straight and the Hammer collapses!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 1:05
Old 10-03-2003, 05:29 AM   #266
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Burt Sugar, "Second time you've KO Johanson, nice work. Any concerns coming in?"

Joe, "Against a guy with Johanson's power there are always concerns. In fact, he had been fighting better coming into this fight...so sure I had plent of concerns."

Sugar, "You didn't expect this fight to go like it did?"

Joe, "I didn't say that...I said I had concerns. Sparring was very similar to this fight, so yes this is about what I expected."

Merchant, "Saunders is now ranked 15th, you pleased by that?"

Joe, "It ties the highest ranking any of my fighters have ever received, so yes I'm very pleased. And the best part is Saunders really hasn't been hurt thoughout is career, so he has a lot of fights left in him."

Foreman, "Do you think you could face Johanson a 3rd time?"

Joe, "It wouldn't suprise me. He's still right behind us in the rankings. In fact, I think he is 19 or 18, so yeah...it's a distinct possiblity."

Foreman, "Would a 3rd fight concern you?"

Joe, "A lot more than this one did. I think we've shown Johanson he can't beat us with his traditional tactics, if we face him a 3rd time, he could pull out all the stops to win, which makes coming up with a fight plan difficult."

This one went off like clock work. Condors and I both got this similar result in Sparring, and felt pretty comfortable going in. The only real surprise to me was that Johanson didn't wear us out more than he did.

Last edited by Breeze : 10-03-2003 at 05:31 AM.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:03 AM   #267
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Excellent win for Hurricane, you guys caught him in that allout round. A shame for the loss for Butcher, but he sure was close and didn't seem to get too beat up.
Old 10-03-2003, 01:50 PM   #268
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Tough loss, JAG. A couple of punches the other way, and you're 10-0. It's cool to see Hurricane get a KO. He has very few, if any. Bring on the next guy

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 05:27 AM   #269
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 2 inches (188 centimeters) tall weighing in at 215 pounds (98 kilograms) with a record of 10 wins, 0 draws, and 3 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Les "their" Cherries!!

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 11 inches (180 centimeters) tall weighing in at 227 pounds (103 kilograms) with a record of 8 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for No Fear out of Murfreesboro , Tennessee is Ka-BAM!!

ROUND 1

their waits for his opponent to make the first move. (counter-punching)
Ka-BAM is throwing big punches. (inside)

Ka-BAM throws a cross but their slips it and hits back with a big right hand to the stomach!! The crowd is on its feet!!

Ka-BAM pummels their with a big hook to the chin!! The crowd is on its feet!! their grimaces in pain.

Ka-BAM jars their with a head butt! Boo! Boo!

Ka-BAM lands a wicked left blow to the temple and their is lifted off his feet onto his back!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Ka-BAM wins by a Knock Out!

Time: 2:53
Old 10-06-2003, 05:30 AM   #270
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

George Foreman, "Ka-Bam gets a first round KO on Cherries. I was surprised. Cherries had been fighting well and your fighters have a history of surviving the early rounds in fights like this."

Joe, "I know, but eventually those big punchers are going to get you. Plus it didn't help that Les was hitting on the ring girl before the fight, and kept taking a peek at her during the rounds. You would have thought that getting his head pounded a few times would remind him he was in a fight, but for some reason it didn't."
Old 10-06-2003, 05:32 AM   #271
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 9 inches (175 centimeters) tall weighing in at 208 pounds (94 kilograms) with a record of 8 wins, 0 draws, and 5 losses fighting for Darkbow`s Dungeon of Doom II out of Huntington, Kentucky is Sammy "Toledo Sam" Hairspray!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 2 inches (188 centimeters) tall weighing in at 249 pounds (113 kilograms) with a record of 9 wins, 0 draws, and 4 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Jace Hunter!!

ROUND 1

Toledo Sam feints and fakes. (feinting)
Hunter is clinching a lot. (clinching)

Sammy "Toledo Sam" Hairspray landed 8 of 31 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (28 points)
Jace Hunter landed 10 of 32 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (36 points)

Jace Hunter won the round 10-9 with more accurate punching.

Jace Hunter is winning the fight 10-9.

Toledo Sam doesn't need to rest.

Hunter doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Sammy "Toledo Sam" Hairspray landed 8 of 36 punches -- 3 power punches, 2 jabs, 3 rights. (25 points)
Jace Hunter landed 11 of 29 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (40 points)

Jace Hunter won the round 10-9 with more accurate punching.

Jace Hunter is winning the fight 20-18.

Toledo Sam remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

Hunter remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 3

Sammy "Toledo Sam" Hairspray landed 11 of 34 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 5 rights. (39 points)
Jace Hunter landed 10 of 29 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (38 points)

Jace Hunter is winning the fight 30-28.

Toledo Sam grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

Hunter grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has swelling around his left eye.

ROUND 4

Hunter jars Toledo Sam with a big roundhouse to the eye!! The crowd is on its feet!!

Hunter lands a big right bomb and Toledo Sam stumbles to the canvass!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

Toledo Sam staggers to his feet and the fight goes on!

Hunter lands a blood spattering hook and Toledo Sam topples to the canvass!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

Toledo Sam doesn't look like he'll beat the count -- but he does! and the fight goes on!

Sammy "Toledo Sam" Hairspray landed 4 of 28 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (15 points)
Jace Hunter landed 8 of 22 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (32 points)

Jace Hunter won the round 10-7 for repeated knockdowns.

Jace Hunter is winning the fight 40-35.

Toledo Sam grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has swelling around his right eye.

Hunter grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has swelling around his left eye.

ROUND 5

Hunter jars Toledo Sam with a head butt! The Ref must be blind!

Hunter slams Toledo Sam with a painful uppercut to the ribs!! The crowd roars!!

Hunter lands a big combination and Toledo Sam goes down!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Jace Hunter wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 2:39
Old 10-06-2003, 05:34 AM   #272
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Foreman, "Joe, Hunter still doesn't move well, but he has become a real powerful force in the ring. Do you think his lack of mobility will hurt him in the future?"

Joe, "Did it hurt you in your 3rd or was it your 4th comeback?"

Foreman, "I won the title didn't I."

Joe, "My point exactly. As long as we can get favorable matchups we will be fine. Hunter has gotten stronger every week and he punches harder than ever. He's a dangerous opponent."
Old 10-06-2003, 05:38 AM   #273
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 1 inch(185 centimeters) tall weighing in at 234 pounds (106 kilograms) with a record of 16 wins, 0 draws, and 14 losses fighting for BaLLeR`s out of Duluth, Georgia is BaLLeR!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet (183 centimeters) tall weighing in at 205 pounds (93 kilograms) with a record of 9 wins, 0 draws, and 5 losses fighting for Hawkins Gym out of Cumming, Georgia is Cuts like a Razor "Blade"!!

ROUND 1

BaLLeR. goes toe-to-toe. (inside)
Blade is counter-punching. (counter-punching)

BaLLeR. lands a telling hook and Blade collapses!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

Blade struggles to his feet and the fight goes on!

BaLLeR. landed 9 of 33 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (34 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 5 of 22 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (18 points)

BaLLeR. won the round 10-8 for the knockdown.

BaLLeR. is winning the fight 10-8.

BaLLeR. doesn't need to rest.

Blade doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

BaLLeR. throws a straight right but Blade slips it and strikes first with a vicious cross to the stomach!! The crowd roars!!

BaLLeR. lands a huge left combination and Blade's knees buckle --- he topples to the canvass!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

Blade climbs to his feet and the fight goes on!

BaLLeR. landed 9 of 45 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (34 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 4 of 24 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (15 points)

BaLLeR. is winning the fight 20-16.

BaLLeR. doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 3

BaLLeR. hammers Blade with a furious uppercut to the head!! The crowd roars!!

BaLLeR. lands a devestating uppercut and Blade lands flat on his back!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

Blade struggles to his feet and the fight goes on!

BaLLeR. landed 9 of 32 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (34 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 4 of 24 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (15 points)

BaLLeR. is winning the fight 30-24.

BaLLeR. remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 4

BaLLeR. charges with a right but Blade knocks it away and hits first with a ferocious left to the stomach!! The crowd roars!!

BaLLeR. annoys Blade with a quick roundhouse to the head. Blade is hurt!! He falls into a clinch and the ref forces them apart!

BaLLeR. landed 6 of 28 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (23 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 4 of 26 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (15 points)

BaLLeR. won the round 10-9 by stunning Blade.

BaLLeR. is winning the fight 40-33.

BaLLeR. grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 5

Blade goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Blade pummels BaLLeR. with a big hook to the stomach!! The crowd is on its feet!! BaLLeR. seems wobbly!! It looks like he might go down..

BaLLeR. lands a brutal right hook and Blade is knocked down!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

Blade doesn't look like he'll beat the count -- but he does! and the fight goes on!

BaLLeR. annoys Blade with a hook to the temple. Blade seems wobbly!! It looks like he might go down..

BaLLeR. landed 7 of 36 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (27 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 10 of 34 punches -- 5 power punches, 1 jab, 4 rights. (34 points)

BaLLeR. won the round 10-8 -- both fighters were hurt, but BaLLeR. scored more knockdowns

BaLLeR. is winning the fight 50-41.

BaLLeR. is obviously tired.

Blade remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 6

BaLLeR. smacks Blade with a wild hook to the head. Blade staggers!! The crowd is going wild!!

Blade lands a big left uppercut and BaLLeR. falls to the canvas!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

BaLLeR. doesn't look like he'll beat the count -- but he does! and the fight goes on!

Blade belts BaLLeR. with a heavy hook to the stomach. BaLLeR. seems dazed. He's out on his feet!!

BaLLeR. landed 4 of 30 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (15 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 12 of 36 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (45 points)

Cuts like a Razor "Blade" won the round 10-8 -- both fighters were hurt, but Blade scored more knockdowns

BaLLeR. is winning the fight 58-51.

BaLLeR. is slowing down.

Blade remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 7

BaLLeR. thumps Blade with an excellent hook to the jaw. Blade supports himself on the ropes! He's hurt!!!

Blade jars BaLLeR. with a big hook to the ribs!! The crowd is on its feet!! BaLLeR. grimaces in pain.

Blade lands a blood spattering right combination and BaLLeR. is flattened!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 2:12
Old 10-06-2003, 05:43 AM   #274
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Larry Merchant, "That was an amazing display of fortitude on the part of Blade. He was knocked down 4 of the first 5 rounds, and hurt in all 7 rounds, yet he found a way to win."

Joe, "Yeah, my fighters really give it there all."

Merchant, "Were you afraid the ref would stop the fight?"

Joe, "Sure anytime you get Knocked down that much it's a possibility."

Merchant, "Any concerns over Blade's health following the fight."

Joe, "After the doctors preliminary examination, it appears Blade will be fine. Of course we'll know more after the CAT scan tomorrow."
Old 10-06-2003, 05:49 AM   #275
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Ian Allen's record is 4-1-0 (3/1) vs Bobby "Baked" Beans 8-6-0 (8/2)

PreFight Assessment - Sugar Ray Leonard

Allen is a nice looking fighter, he has the ability to KO his opponents and he has great conditioning. One problem for Allen is he hasn't shown the willingness to change his fight plan. He does was he does and typically it's good enough.

Beans on the other hand has turned into a dangerous slugger who is pretty well conditioned for a slugger and pretty quick for a slugger.

--------------Predictions----------------

Sugar Ray, "I think Allen is going to attack Beans with the same fight plan he's used in every fight, and I think Beans knows it. Not a good combination, when a power hitter like Beans knows what your going to do before you do it. KO in the 5th or 6th for Bobby."
Old 10-06-2003, 09:31 AM   #276
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Ouch! What happened there?
Old 10-06-2003, 02:17 PM   #277
Travis
Pro Rookie

Nice job Breeze! Good to see all the nice wins!
Old 10-06-2003, 04:03 PM   #278
Blade
College Prospect

Breeze,

Sorry, I have been away for the last three weeks...but I am back now.

How the Hell did I manage to win that last fight? Well, I guess I will be one of the more prototypical boxers now...constantly drooling!

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 04:22 PM   #279
condors
College Starter

Bobby "Baked" Beans

i got to fight a fighter who learned how to fight the same place i did. I would like to fight him and beat him at his own game straight up but he is technically the sounder fighter. I am tougher and my ko ability but he is faster more agile and better conditioned. I am going to give him a boxing lesson early then i will try to ko him in the 5th-9th if i don't the fight will probally be over and i will have nothing left at that point. I know the situation going into the fight if i succed i beat a "better" fighter with an old fashioned whoopin since i am not a "by the book" fighter i think it can be used to my advantage when people scout me as the assume things about me that just isn't true. Anyways i hope to do Joe proud.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:26 AM   #280
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 5 inches (165 centimeters) tall weighing in at 133 pounds (60 kilograms) with a record of 8 wins, 0 draws, and 6 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Bobby "Baked" Beans!!

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 4 inches (163 centimeters) tall weighing in at 135 pounds (61 kilograms) with a record of 4 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for Hursty out of Ft. Wright, Kentucky is Ian Allen!!

ROUND 1

Baked feints and fakes. (feinting)
Allen dances around the ring. (using the ring)

Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 27 of 59 punches -- 8 power punches, 11 jabs, 8 rights. (78 points)
Ian Allen landed 15 of 39 punches -- 7 power punches, 1 jab, 7 rights. (51 points)

Bobby "Baked" Beans won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Bobby "Baked" Beans is winning the fight 10-9.

Baked doesn't need to rest.

Allen doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Whoa! Allen backs up Baked with a hard right to the stomach!

Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 24 of 44 punches -- 7 power punches, 10 jabs, 7 rights. (69 points)
Ian Allen landed 15 of 46 punches -- 7 power punches, 1 jab, 7 rights. (51 points)

Bobby "Baked" Beans is winning the fight 20-18.

Baked remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 3

Allen jars Baked with a head butt! It appears unintentional, but the referee stops the action and issues a warning!

Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 21 of 48 punches -- 6 power punches, 9 jabs, 6 rights. (60 points)
Ian Allen landed 15 of 46 punches -- 7 power punches, 1 jab, 7 rights. (51 points)

Bobby "Baked" Beans is winning the fight 30-27.

Baked grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 4

Baked appears to be resting (clinching)

Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 3 of 9 punches -- 1 power punch, 1 jab, 1 right. (9 points)
Ian Allen landed 13 of 41 punches -- 6 power punches, 1 jab, 6 rights. (44 points)

Ian Allen won the round 10-9 by throwing more punches.

Bobby "Baked" Beans is winning the fight 39-37.

Baked grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 5

Baked tries to set up a perfect punch. (feinting)
Allen is throwing big punches. (inside)

Allen pummels Baked with a painful uppercut to the solar plexus!! The crowd is on its feet!!

Allen jars Baked with a big overhand right to the chest!! The crowd is on its feet!!

Baked lands a big left uppercut and Allen is knocked down!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Bobby "Baked" Beans wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 2:17
Old 10-07-2003, 09:29 AM   #281
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Sugar Ray, "Beans is turning into quite a KO artist."

Joe,"Yeah, the kid is really developing nicely."

Ray, "Is it true he was close to retirement?"

Joe, "Yes, but we discussed his future and he saw that despite the slow start he had a brite future ahead."

Foreman, "Can we expect to see more KOs from the little guy."

Joe, "Absolutely, he capable of other things, but we'll probably only ever use his other skills if we fight a power freak or true KO flasher."

Nice fight plan Condors. When just like you drew it up
Old 10-07-2003, 04:59 PM   #282
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Nice fights from the past couple of days (sorry about your loss Afoci). It's nice to see most everyone on a roll and getting pretty exciting fights overall as well. Good stuff Breeze and condors.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:18 AM   #283
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 10 inches (178 centimeters) tall weighing in at 153 pounds (69 kilograms) with a record of 9 wins, 1 draw, and 5 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Pacho O`Kelly!!

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 10 inches (178 centimeters) tall weighing in at 153 pounds (69 kilograms) with a record of 7 wins, 0 draws, and 2 losses fighting for Hooks...Free Mrs Toro...Renegade....WTA...Semi-Retiring Soon. out of Mayberry, North Carolina is scooter poofter!!

ROUND 1

O`Kelly is backpedaling. (using the ring)
poofter dances around the ring. (using the ring)

Pacho O`Kelly landed 33 of 65 punches -- 1 power punch, 31 jabs, 1 right. (69 points)
scooter poofter landed 39 of 106 punches -- 3 power punches, 33 jabs, 3 rights. (87 points)

scooter poofter won the round 10-9 by throwing more punches.

scooter poofter is winning the fight 10-9.

poofter doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

poofter moves and jabs. (using the ring)

Pacho O`Kelly landed 51 of 82 punches -- 1 power punch, 49 jabs, 1 right. (105 points)
scooter poofter landed 51 of 103 punches -- 3 power punches, 45 jabs, 3 rights. (111 points)

scooter poofter won the round 10-9 with aggressive power punching.

scooter poofter is winning the fight 20-18.

ROUND 3

Pacho O`Kelly landed 46 of 85 punches -- 1 power punch, 44 jabs, 1 right. (95 points)
scooter poofter landed 50 of 116 punches -- 1 power punch, 48 jabs, 1 right. (103 points)

scooter poofter is winning the fight 30-27.

ROUND 4

poofter goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Pacho O`Kelly landed 45 of 92 punches -- 1 power punch, 43 jabs, 1 right. (93 points)
scooter poofter landed 9 of 39 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (33 points)

scooter poofter is winning the fight 39-37.

poofter remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 5

Pacho O`Kelly landed 46 of 82 punches -- 1 power punch, 44 jabs, 1 right. (95 points)
scooter poofter landed 49 of 111 punches -- 1 power punch, 47 jabs, 1 right. (101 points)

scooter poofter is winning the fight 49-46.

ROUND 6

Pacho O`Kelly landed 44 of 84 punches -- 1 power punch, 42 jabs, 1 right. (91 points)
scooter poofter landed 52 of 104 punches -- 1 power punch, 50 jabs, 1 right. (107 points)

scooter poofter is winning the fight 59-55.

ROUND 7

O`Kelly moves and jabs. (using the ring)

Pacho O`Kelly landed 62 of 94 punches -- 1 power punch, 60 jabs, 1 right. (127 points)
scooter poofter landed 8 of 36 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (30 points)

scooter poofter is winning the fight 68-65.

O`Kelly remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 8

Pacho O`Kelly landed 56 of 99 punches -- 1 power punch, 54 jabs, 1 right. (115 points)
scooter poofter landed 48 of 108 punches -- 1 power punch, 46 jabs, 1 right. (99 points)

Pacho O`Kelly won the round 10-9 with more accurate punching.

scooter poofter is winning the fight 77-75.

poofter grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 9

Pacho O`Kelly landed 62 of 99 punches -- 1 power punch, 60 jabs, 1 right. (127 points)
scooter poofter landed 10 of 39 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (36 points)

scooter poofter is winning the fight 86-85.

ROUND 10

poofter is throwing big punches. (inside)

poofter lands a devestating right uppercut and O`Kelly's mouth guard flies into the far corner -- he's down!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

O`Kelly struggles to his feet and the fight goes on!

Pacho O`Kelly landed 41 of 78 punches -- 1 power punch, 39 jabs, 1 right. (85 points)
scooter poofter landed 16 of 46 punches -- 12 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (60 points)

scooter poofter won the round 10-8 for the knockdown.

scooter poofter is winning the fight 96-93.

O`Kelly grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 11

O`Kelly waits for the right opportunity. (counter-punching)

Pacho O`Kelly landed 15 of 36 punches -- 14 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (59 points)
scooter poofter landed 79 of 119 punches -- 1 power punch, 77 jabs, 1 right. (161 points)

scooter poofter won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

scooter poofter is winning the fight 106-102.

poofter is obviously tired.

ROUND 12

O`Kelly waits for the right opportunity. (counter-punching)
poofter is backpedaling. (using the ring)

Pacho O`Kelly landed 10 of 36 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (39 points)
scooter poofter landed 1 of 9 punches -- 1 power punch, 0 jabs, 0 right. (4 points)

scooter poofter is winning the fight 115-112.

poofter is obviously tired.

Round 1: scooter poofter 10-9
Round 2: scooter poofter 10-9
Round 3: scooter poofter 10-9
Round 4: Pacho O`Kelly 10-9
Round 5: scooter poofter 10-9
Round 6: scooter poofter 10-9
Round 7: Pacho O`Kelly 10-9
Round 8: Pacho O`Kelly 10-9
Round 9: Pacho O`Kelly 10-9
Round 10: scooter poofter 10-8
Round 11: scooter poofter 10-9
Round 12: Pacho O`Kelly 10-9

Total Score: scooter poofter 115-112

Round 2: A 10-10 tie.
Round 5: Pacho O`Kelly 10-9
A 114-114 tie.

Round 2: Pacho O`Kelly 10-9
Round 5: A 10-10 tie.
A 114-114 tie.

The fight is a draw!
Old 10-08-2003, 05:25 AM   #284
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Sugar Ray, "This was an exciting fight with a lot of punches, I'm a little suprised Pancho didn't go after Pooter a little more."

Joe, "There are numerous reasons for that. We are trying to prolong his career by protecting him from hard shots, we felt we could get Pooter to open up more which would leave him vulnerable to the power shots, and we felt we could out point him too, so why not try."

Atlas, "The Pooter group is very disappointed in the judges decisions, whats your take on it."

Joe, "Honestly, I thought the Knockdown in the 8th was going to be it for us. I though that was all Pooter needed to win. I was actually suprised to see 2 of the judges scored it a draw."

Merchant, "Do you think you'll fight Pooter again in Panch's next fight?"

Joe, "Probably Pooter or Jesse "The Body Bearer" Nolan."

I've kind of hit a cold streak with Pancho. We're in the middle of changing from a power puncher to a strong dancer and we're getting caught in between. Most of the fighters giving us trouble are dancers with high conditioning.

I'm not quite sure why the code in the fight plan which called for Panch to go inside and work the body didn't trip. The only reason I can figure is the damage he was taking was barely high enough to prevent it. (possibly because when Pooter got a 3 round lead he switched to power punching.)
Old 10-08-2003, 05:25 PM   #285
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

That's incredible that Pooter had a "three point lead" at the end of 12 and managed only a draw. Nice to see some good fortune for Pancho and hopefully next week he'll be back in the win column.
Old 10-09-2003, 05:15 AM   #286
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Fighter Updates

Bobby "Baked" Beans (9-6-0 9/2)
Strength 13
Knockout Punch 4
Speed 12
Agility 12
Chin 12
Conditioning 13
Cut Resistance High

Rating 4 Status 4
Rank 31 Total Earnings: $2,200

Pacho O`Kelly (9-5-2 7/3)
Strength 11
Knockout Punch 1
Speed 14
Agility 16
Chin 9
Conditioning 15
Cut Resistance Low

Rating 5 Status 6
Rank 32 Total Earnings: $47,468

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders (10-4-0 6/1)
Strength 12
Knockout Punch 1
Speed 14
Agility 14
Chin 11
Conditioning 15
Cut Resistance Low

Rating 8 Status 8
Rank 15 Total Earnings: $205,732

Brian "The Butcher" Babson (9-1-0 3/0)
Strength 11
Knockout Punch 2
Speed 12
Agility 13
Chin 11
Conditioning 15
Cut Resistance Low

Rating 9 Status 9
Rank 22 Total Earnings: $99,056

Les "their" Cherries (10-4-0 9/2)
Strength 14
Knockout Punch 2
Speed 12
Agility 11
Chin 10
Conditioning 14
Cut Resistance Low

Rating 6 Status 7
Rank 59 Total Earnings: $64,120

Jace Hunter (10-4-0 10/3)
Strength 16
Knockout Punch 5
Speed 12
Agility 7
Chin 10
Conditioning 12
Cut Resistance Low

Rating 6 Status 6
Rank 64 Total Earnings: $22,264

Cuts like a Razor "Blade" (10-5-0 9/4)
Strength 14
Knockout Punch 3
Speed 11
Agility 11
Chin 10
Conditioning 14
Cut Resistance Normal

Rating 6 Status 6
Rank 66 Total Earnings: $27,032
Old 10-09-2003, 09:02 AM   #287
Travis
Pro Rookie

Stupid question, but what are the rating and status?
Old 10-09-2003, 09:26 AM   #288
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

That is how you get your rankings. The higher the numbers the better. When your ranking is determined the system runs through the ranking first then the status. Thus Cherries 6 ranking and 7 status is better than Hunters 6 and 6, so he's rated a few spots higher.

In addition, every odd rating above 6 (think that's rights going off of memory here) gets you 2 points of increased stats, the one you trained plus a random one. Hopefully, your next fight will be against a higher ranked opponent and we can go to 7 and 7, and add 2 more points to Jace's abilities.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:22 PM   #289
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Temerity (19-12-0 18/4) vs Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders (10-4-0 6/1)

Jimmy Saunders has another tough one tonight. Temerity is very dangerous as is obvious by his 18 KO wins. He likes to work the body and beat up his opponent, and he is conditioned enough to do it too. He's only be KOed 4 times in over 30 fights, very impressive. However, he does have a problem, he can get outscored, and I think Hurricane can out score him.

--------------PREDICTIONS--------------------

Atlas, "Hurricane I believe will be able to outscore Tem...without having to lower his defense to do it. I think it's a walk on the cards, but Hurricane will be hurting in the morning.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:27 PM   #290
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Fun 4 All (9-0-0 7/0) vs Brian "The Butcher" Babson (9-1-0 3/0)

PreFight Assessment - Burt Sugar

Fun 4 All is a fast riser. A dangerous hitter who KO's opponents with ease. He isn't your typical flasher, who needs a KO in the first couple of rounds or else they'll lose. He can be patient and wait for his openings. However, he is more dangerous in the first couple of round than later in the fight.

Butcher is coming off of his first loss, a close one on the cards. We'll have to see how he reacts to that and to this tough matchup.

---------------Predictions-------------------

Sugar, "Fun 4 All gets an early KO."

Sugar Ray, "Babson will dance away from Fun 4 All early, get a lead then, punish the big hitter when he gets despirate and opens up. I actually think Babson will KO Fun in the 11th."
Old 10-09-2003, 05:46 PM   #291
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

A couple of interesting fights. I'm keeping the fingers crossed.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:16 AM   #292
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet (183 centimeters) tall weighing in at 175 pounds (79 kilograms) with a record of 10 wins, 0 draws, and 4 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders!!

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 9 inches (175 centimeters) tall weighing in at 167 pounds (76 kilograms) with a record of 19 wins, 0 draws, and 12 losses fighting for Vindog out of Virginia is Temerity!!

ROUND 1

Hurricane is counter-punching. (counter-punching)
Temerity is throwing big punches. (inside)

Temerity jars Hurricane with a powerful hook to the stomach!! The crowd is on its feet!!

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 14 of 28 punches -- 10 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (52 points)
Temerity landed 12 of 39 punches -- 11 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (47 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 10-9.

Hurricane doesn't need to rest. He has a cut over his left eye.

Temerity doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Temerity is clinching a lot. (clinching)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 8 of 29 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (30 points)
Temerity landed 7 of 33 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (26 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 20-18.

ROUND 3

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 7 of 29 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (26 points)
Temerity landed 7 of 31 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (26 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 30-28.

ROUND 4

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 10 of 36 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (37 points)
Temerity landed 9 of 28 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (35 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 40-38.

Hurricane remains standing while the trainer wipes him down. He has a cut over his left eye.

Temerity remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 5

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 10 of 31 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (37 points)
Temerity landed 8 of 27 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (31 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 50-47.

Hurricane remains standing while the trainer wipes him down. He has a cut over his left eye.

ROUND 6

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 9 of 33 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (33 points)
Temerity landed 8 of 28 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (31 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 60-57.

Hurricane grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has a cut over his left eye.

ROUND 7

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 10 of 32 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (37 points)
Temerity landed 8 of 29 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (31 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 70-66.

Hurricane grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has a cut over his left eye.

ROUND 8

Hurricane appears to be resting (clinching)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 3 of 10 punches -- 1 power punch, 1 jab, 1 right. (9 points)
Temerity landed 9 of 39 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (34 points)

Temerity won the round 10-9 by throwing more punches.

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 79-76.

Hurricane is obviously tired. He has a cut over his left eye.

ROUND 9

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 11 of 43 punches -- 5 power punches, 1 jab, 5 rights. (37 points)
Temerity landed 11 of 32 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (41 points)

Temerity won the round 10-9 with accurate power punches.

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 88-86.

Hurricane grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has a serious cut over his left eye.

ROUND 10

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 11 of 39 punches -- 5 power punches, 1 jab, 5 rights. (37 points)
Temerity landed 11 of 34 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (41 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 97-96.

Hurricane grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has a serious cut over his left eye.

Temerity grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 11

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 11 of 51 punches -- 5 power punches, 1 jab, 5 rights. (37 points)
Temerity landed 11 of 37 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (41 points)

Hurricane is obviously tired. He has a serious cut over his left eye.

ROUND 12

Temerity goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 29 of 72 punches -- 3 power punches, 23 jabs, 3 rights. (67 points)
Temerity landed 12 of 31 punches -- 10 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (46 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 116-115.

Hurricane is obviously tired. He has a serious cut over his left eye.

Round 1: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9
Round 2: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9
Round 3: A 10-10 tie.
Round 4: Temerity 10-9
Round 5: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9
Round 6: A 10-10 tie.
Round 7: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9
Round 8: Temerity 10-9
Round 9: Temerity 10-9
Round 10: Temerity 10-9
Round 11: Temerity 10-9
Round 12: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9
A 115-115 tie.

Round 4: A 10-10 tie.
Round 9: Temerity 10-9
A 116-116 tie.

Round 4: A 10-10 tie.
Round 9: A 10-10 tie.

Total Score: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 117-116

The fight is a draw!
Old 10-10-2003, 05:20 AM   #293
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Teddy Atlas, "I though Hurricane would easily win this one on the cards, what happened?"

Joe, "Well, we did pretty much what we wanted. I'm a little suprised it was a draw. I thought we won a couple of round that went the other way. In some ways we were unfortunate to end up with a draw, in others we were lucky we didn't lose."

Sugar Ray, "You say you were lucky you didn't lose, could you explain?"

Joe, "Sure Ray. Hurricane got beat on pretty good. We tried to keep his defense up, and to hit Tem with power punches to try and slow him down some, but it didn't seem to work. We were pretty much out of gas in the 11th, and with Tem's power, we were probably lucky he didn't KO us."

Sugar Ray, "Why not dance more?"

Joe, "Because if he hadn't been as tired as he was, and he wouldn't have been tired at all if we had danced, he unquestionably would have KOed us in the 11th or 12th."
Old 10-10-2003, 05:25 AM   #294
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 6 inches (168 centimeters) tall weighing in at 181 pounds (82 kilograms) with a record of 9 wins, 0 draws, and 0 losses fighting for FOWL PLAY H.O.H out of CHARLOTTE, North Carolina is Fun 4 All!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 4 inches (193 centimeters) tall weighing in at 190 pounds (86 kilograms) with a record of 9 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Brian "The Butcher" Babson!!

ROUND 1

All is clinching a lot. (clinching)
The Butcher fights from outside. (outside)

Fun 4 All landed 16 of 65 punches -- 2 power punches, 12 jabs, 2 rights. (38 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 16 of 33 punches -- 6 power punches, 4 jabs, 6 rights. (50 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson won the round 10-9 with accurate power punches.

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 10-9.

All doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Fun 4 All landed 17 of 65 punches -- 2 power punches, 13 jabs, 2 rights. (40 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 16 of 36 punches -- 6 power punches, 4 jabs, 6 rights. (50 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson won the round 10-9 with accurate power punches.

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 20-18.

ROUND 3

The Butcher is counter-punching. (counter-punching)

Fun 4 All landed 16 of 60 punches -- 2 power punches, 12 jabs, 2 rights. (38 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 10 of 30 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (36 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 30-28.

ROUND 4

Fun 4 All landed 5 of 33 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (20 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 17 of 37 punches -- 8 power punches, 1 jab, 8 rights. (58 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 40-37.

All remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 5

Fun 4 All landed 5 of 30 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (20 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 12 of 29 punches -- 10 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (46 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson won the round 10-9 with more accurate punching.

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 50-46.

All remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 6

All charges with a left but The Butcher deflects it and hits first with a big sweeping right to the stomach!! The crowd is on its feet!!

Fun 4 All landed 5 of 31 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (20 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 12 of 27 punches -- 10 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (46 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 60-55.

All grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has swelling around his right eye.

ROUND 7

Fun 4 All landed 4 of 30 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (16 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 23 of 42 punches -- 8 power punches, 7 jabs, 8 rights. (70 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 70-64.

All grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has swelling around his right eye.

ROUND 8

Fun 4 All landed 6 of 27 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (24 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 19 of 45 punches -- 10 power punches, 0 jabs, 9 rights. (67 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 80-73.

All is obviously tired. He has swelling around his right eye.

ROUND 9

All goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Fun 4 All landed 7 of 52 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (26 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 29 of 44 punches -- 7 power punches, 15 jabs, 7 rights. (79 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 90-82.

All is obviously tired. He has swelling around his right eye. He has bleeding below his right eye. He has a fractured nose.

ROUND 10

All is throwing big punches. (inside)

Fun 4 All landed 6 of 57 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (22 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 30 of 42 punches -- 7 power punches, 16 jabs, 7 rights. (81 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 100-91.

All is slowing down. He has his right eye badly swollen. He has bleeding below his right eye. He has a broken nose.

ROUND 11

All is a raging bull! (all out)

The Butcher drills All with a mean hook to the stomach! All seems wobbly!! It looks like he might go down..

The Butcher wallops All with a big right hand to the stomach!! The crowd is on its feet!! All grimaces in pain.

The Butcher lands a sudden bomb and All is knocked down!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Brian "The Butcher" Babson wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 1:28
Old 10-10-2003, 05:33 AM   #295
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Burt Sugar, "I thought Fun would be a much more difficult opponent for Butcher, why wasn't he?"

Joe, "We had a good fight plan against what he liked to do. Plus he didn't come out early and throw his big punches against us. I think that was a mistake on his part."

Sugar, "Why was it a mistake?"

Joe, "I'm assuming he didn't throw big punches early, because he could see in our previous fight films that we do a good job of protecting against big punches in the early rounds. However, by not throwing big punches, he allowed us to not only get a lead, but to quickly gain the conditioning advantage."

Foreman, "This was an absolute clinic on Babson's part. Do you think we'll see more of this type of fight from the lanky cruiserweight?"

Joe, "Depends on the opponent. But I can tell you one thing. He has certainly improved his strength and power. You can't just walk into a ring open up and beat him now, which I think you could have early in his career. He'll make you pay if you try."

Max Kellerman, "Is he still running around with those dumbbells?"

Joe, "Would you change any thing if you were he? I think he actually uses them as a pillow. Don't tell him, but I using them as a pillow helps him take a punch too. In fact, I'm thinking about making my other fighters use them as pillows as well."

You can kind of tell from the punch counts and scoring that Babson dominated this fight, but the expanded results...like I used in the boxing tourney really show how one sided this fight was.

Babson is now up to 13 in the rankings...which is the highest ranking for any of my fighters.

Last edited by Breeze : 10-10-2003 at 05:35 AM.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:58 AM   #296
condors
College Starter

temerity-tough guy who fought a good fight hopefully we won't see him again anytime soon

butcher- great win but fun4 all will come out with a different plan next time we face him he may have gotten a boxing lesson but he was 9-0 and i think it was a lesson learned
Old 10-10-2003, 06:01 AM   #297
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

I hate rematches when I win big for that reason. Especially if it's a fighter that changes tactics frequently like Fun 4 All

And I'll bet we see Temerity again REAL SOON and that's not good because we took 50 IPs and our defense never fell below 8.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:19 AM   #298
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Awesome plan Breeze, looks like you have it down pat how to plan a fight for the Butcher. Impressive unraveling of an undefeated guy. And Butcher's ranked 13th? Definitely gonna be some tough fights coming up.

condors, I just hope we never have to fight him again.

Butcher: Joe, I need a lumpier dumbbell. I started sleeping good again.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:23 AM   #299
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

JAG,

Don't get too cocky. Fun is dangerous, but he isn't well balanced. He had a hole we could exploit, and then his fight plan allowed us to exploit it more. We'll have some real tough fights soon. Most of the fighters at the top of the weight class are from Gyms that I have a hard time beating.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:50 AM   #300
condors
College Starter

well this weekend doesn't look good for our gym to be honest

this is my scouting report hopefully breeze comes up with better ideas than i had or he can take my thoughts and combine them with his for a win

jace hunter-very tough fight fighting a guy who is 7-1 and has not been koed and we need to ko him to win he is 1 ko so is designed to go the distance and get a decsion

blade-if our oppenent follows his normal fightplan i think we got him les beat him a couple weaks ago and i think we can do the same if he changes things up(advice on how to do this was posted in the help forum so i have some concern about this but i have no idea if our oppenent read this)

les-tough fight for les this week fighting a 7'1" who is not predictable if he was we may be able to work a decsion based off his previous fights in his 4 losses 3 have been ko's i believe if we can get to him and wear him out we can beat him but we have to be carefull because he has ko'ed others trying to do this while we may get a win here i don't think either fighter will feel like they won when its over