Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #251
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
From Monday:

Tiger Woods Withdraws From Tournament He Hosts - NYTimes.com

The stalemate continued Monday between the police and Woods, who has declined to speak with investigators from the Florida Highway Patrol. A spokeswoman for the patrol would not say whether the police were trying to obtain a search warrant for Woods’s medical records from Health Central Hospital in Ocoee, Fla., where Woods was treated after the accident. The records could shed light on how Woods was injured.

I thought you needed a warrant as well. However, this says their are some exceptations. I guess it depends on situation?

FAQ on Government Access to Medical Records | American Civil Liberties Union

However, it still doesn't mean that nothing happen. Just that the police had very little to go off on (not talking or seeing Tiger, no video, ect.).

Wanted to add:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,577809,00.html

"The Florida Highway Patrol says it is not seeking a search warrant to access medical records concerning Woods' accident. That contradicts what celebrity gossip Web site TMZ had reported earlier when it claimed authorities in Florida were trying to obtain a search warrant to enable them to seize medical records from the hospital that treated the golfer.

"We don't need a warrant to get records, that is incorrect," said Florida Highway Patrol Chief of Public Affairs Capt. Mark Welch."

Last edited by Galaxy : 12-01-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:02 AM   #252
Galaxy
Coordinator

Jeez...

Scoop: Another woman to be named in Woods case - The Scoop- msnbc.com
Old 12-02-2009, 01:03 AM   #253
Galaxy
Coordinator

Didn't realize you had it brass.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:00 AM   #254
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I admit it.

I, too, have had an affair with Tiger Woods.

Sorry, Elin.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:52 AM   #255
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Show em you're a tiger.. Show em what you can do..

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:06 AM   #256
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

What does the trashpress have to say about these latest allegations?
Old 12-02-2009, 07:48 AM   #257
spleen1015
Coordinator

Heard the voicemail he left with one of these women this morning on Czaban's show. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that anyone would cheat on their wife these days, but I held Tiger in higher regards and I was wrong.

I guess I'm disappointed that my image of him was wrong.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #258
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

We need to just accept that there is a certain tipping point of fame where a guy can literally have any woman he wants, and that once a man reaches that point he will cheat on his wife.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:56 AM   #259
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Got to here the "Wife of the Tiger" parody song this morning, 'twas pretty good...
Old 12-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #260
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
We need to just accept that there is a certain tipping point of fame where a guy can literally have any woman he wants, and that once a man reaches that point he will cheat on his wife.

I wouldn't say it quite as absolutely as that, but I agree that the situation these guys find themselves in just exponentially increases the likelihood they're going to cheat. We can all say we'd continue to be as faithful as we are, and hopefully we would, but I think clearly some of us are wrong. (Though also it may be that the type of people who manage to be famous are also more disposed to having trouble being faithful). We all joke about our "freebies", or whatever, the celeb that supposedly if they showed up at the door you get a shot at -- well I suppose if you're Tiger Woods basically they do show up at your door. Ups the challenge, I suppose.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #261
Subby
lolzcat

Huge. Quickly. Bye.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #262
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Heard the voicemail he left with one of these women this morning on Czaban's show. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that anyone would cheat on their wife these days, but I held Tiger in higher regards and I was wrong.

I guess I'm disappointed that my image of him was wrong.

I cannot hear the file at work. Is it the absolute undeniable smoking gun?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #263
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I heard it on the radio. If by smoking gun you mean pretty good proof that he's had an affair, then definitely. It's his voice, he identifies himself, and he asks the person he's called to remove her name from her voicemail message because his wife has been snooping in his phone and is getting suspicious.

Edit: Transcript

Quote:
Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favour. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye.

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs2 : 12-02-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Ronnie Dobbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #264
Subby
lolzcat

From IFuckedUpRealBadYo.TigerWoods.com:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH SHI!
I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.

I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology.

Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Last edited by Subby : 12-02-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #265
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hey...at least he manned up
Old 12-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #266
Subby
lolzcat

BFD. He only "manned up" because he got caught.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #267
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post

Word up.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #268
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Leonard Little, already brought up.

And as I said above, I remember most of those incidents. You added Haynesworth to the list, and I don't like him, either, thanks to "the incident".

Of course I still cringe whenever I hear Christian Laettner's name, but everyone keeps trying to tell me Kentucky was wacking on him all game so he was okay with his chest stomp.

Wow. You hate everyone I hate. Nice work!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #269
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

well that's true. but he could have done less i suppose.

don't get me wrong - i don't absolve him or anything.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #270
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh - and none of the girls he seems to have cheated with are like even 1/100th as hot as his wife.

wtf tiger...if you're going to bang groupies at least pick the hot ones!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #271
McSweeny
College Starter

good thing the trashpress didn't win!
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #272
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

This. When he previously talked about unfounded rumors it was in regards to physical violence. He only admitted to another issue after the press hounded him and got him to indirectly admit to his having an affair.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #273
Kodos
Resident Alien

Bill Romanowski in particular is one of my most hated players because of his general jerkiness. I openly rooted for career-ending injuries through most of his career.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #274
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
oh - and none of the girls he seems to have cheated with are like even 1/100th as hot as his wife.

You get a +1

Wouldn't make it any more appropriate or whatever but at least we wouldn't have to see pix of his iffy choices.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #275
kingfc22
Head Coach

Can we change the title of this thread to Tiger Woods Cheated on His Wife
Old 12-02-2009, 09:46 AM   #276
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny View Post
good thing the trashpress didn't win!

Obviously the trashpress hacked his website and doctored that voicemail!
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #277
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
So, thee final score, Tiger 0, TMZ 1.

Fixed.

Quote:

+1,000. However, I know people who have cheated and the level of attraction isn't the only part of it. It's actually a rather low part of it. You are cheating because of far greater issues. The person you cheat with just happens to be there when you cave in.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:55 AM   #278
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
As I wrote my post, I thought, "DC he's probably just kidding."

I'm gonna go play NCAA 10 and take someone unrealistic to a bowl game. Tiger Woods 10 was too much of a wreck to keep bothering with.

You call yourself DC in your thoughts?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #279
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post

+1,000. However, I know people who have cheated and the level of attraction isn't the only part of it. It's actually a rather low part of it. You are cheating because of far greater issues. The person you cheat with just happens to be there when you cave in.

i'm sure that's the case - but you'd think he'd have far more attractive women around him all the time then these skankos
Old 12-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #280
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

did we ever recognize DC for the double meaning of "Tiger Woods 10 was too much of a wreck to keep playing?"

That was a subtle and great piece of comedy
Old 12-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #281
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
hey...at least he manned up

But even then, he spent most of his statement lecturing the media about privacy. He might as well have said, "I would have got away with it, too, if not for you meddlesome kids!"
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:11 AM   #282
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:

When you go to a restaurant, you have to order off the menu.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:16 AM   #283
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I wouldn't say it quite as absolutely as that, but I agree that the situation these guys find themselves in just exponentially increases the likelihood they're going to cheat.
OK, maybe it's not absolute. But would you agree it increase the odds to the point where we really should act surprised when it happens? Like, even vaguely surprised?
Old 12-02-2009, 10:16 AM   #284
Samdari
Roster Filler

I remember a few years ago, Michael Wilbon writing/saying that the NBA needed to stop looking for the next Michael Jordan, because he was already on the sports scene, he just happened to play golf.

I wonder if he had any idea how prophetic he truly was.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:16 AM   #285
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
But even then, he spent most of his statement lecturing the media about privacy. He might as well have said, "I would have got away with it, too, if not for you meddlesome kids!"

LOL. Very true!
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #286
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

Maybe he got advice from Rick Pitino.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #287
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
i'm sure that's the case - but you'd think he'd have far more attractive women around him all the time then these skankos

When your starting point is cheating, your judgment is obviously flawed from the start. Just because there might have been hotter when women doesn't mean they wanted to help him cheat on his wife. Skanky women are called that for a reason. They are the ones who are willing to help guys cheat on their wives.

Last edited by Matthean : 12-02-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #288
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
You get a +1

Wouldn't make it any more appropriate or whatever but at least we wouldn't have to see pix of his iffy choices.

I think we have to be careful here. Given the very low bar set by Steve Phillips' Tubby Temptress (and Letterman's girl), I think Tiger Woods did very, very well for himself on the "Official 2009 Women To Have An Affair With" rankings.

I think his choices are on par with, say, Elliot Spitzer's and he didn't even have to pay like $2,000 an hour or whatever.

Let's reel in a bit here and be a bit more realistic in all of this. Everyone's getting caught up in the hype.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #289
boberot
High School Varsity

Methinks we need a thread dedicated to highly successful athletes who aren't lecherous assholes. It's disturbing that so many of the great ones are either dicks or apparently morally bankrupt.
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #290
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Who would you feel totally secure putting in that thread?
Old 12-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #291
Kodos
Resident Alien

Peyton Manning.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:59 AM   #292
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Heh. I was wrong, geez. I have to admit I was thinking that if it was yellow journalism, that voice mail never would air, but yeah, that was bad.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #293
boberot
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Who would you feel totally secure putting in that thread?

John Stockton

Hmmmm . . . .

Let's see . . . .
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #294
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

All I could come up with were Tebow and Polamalu, but I'm not sure I would be shocked to find out that they can be assholes.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #295
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Roger Federer
Old 12-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #296
Flasch186
Coordinator

so next time he tees off at a tourney does he get resoundingly booed?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #297
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Peyton Manning.

first name that came to mind for me
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #298
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post

I guarantee he gets resoundingly cheered
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #299
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post

I wouldnt think so. He is much too popular for that and its not as if he killed someone. Im guessing a small minority only consider this a big deal in todays world.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #300
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i wouldn't feel comfortable putting Peyton in there. Who knows what dirty laundry he has?

maybe he likes to do football-groupies doggystyle on the bed in front of a mirror and stand behind them and practice all his line-of-scrimmage handsignals and adjustments as he's cornholing them?