Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-22-2009, 12:52 PM   #251
Malificent
High School JV

I'm going to go with a Sorcery Rogue and here's why:

Playing my Klackon Monk reminded me of one of those things that drives me nuts about some classes - Weak Pseudo ID. So Monks don't get the cool pseudo ID - they only get that items are {good}, {bad}, or {cursed}. So if an item doesn't get a pseudo ID, you're left wondering "Is this just an average item or has the weak pseudo ID not kicked in yet?" It costs me a fortune in Identify scrolls. I love my monk, but I will enjoy going back to a class that gets a strong pseudo ID AND will get Identify from the spell list.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:32 PM   #252
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malificent View Post
I'm going to go with a Sorcery Rogue and here's why:

Playing my Klackon Monk reminded me of one of those things that drives me nuts about some classes - Weak Pseudo ID. So Monks don't get the cool pseudo ID - they only get that items are {good}, {bad}, or {cursed}. So if an item doesn't get a pseudo ID, you're left wondering "Is this just an average item or has the weak pseudo ID not kicked in yet?" It costs me a fortune in Identify scrolls. I love my monk, but I will enjoy going back to a class that gets a strong pseudo ID AND will get Identify from the spell list.

This decision is chock-full of win.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #253
Malificent
High School JV

Comp #2 will go up during lunchtime tomorrow, but I just had to share my Klackon monk adventures, or rather, the cool item I found for 75000 in one of the stores - an Elven Cloak of Ether. This lets me pass through walls for the cost of a few HP as I do it. And with a high regeneration, I barely notice. This has saved me so much hassle running through the wilderness (for example) because I can just run through the jungle and other unpenetrable terrain. In the dungeon, I just follow the map whereever I want, just ignoring passageways and doors. And I can use it to attack from a wall and spring backward out of reach when necessary. And in combination with Wall of Stone, a Nature spell, I can fill a room with stone if necessary and prevent those annoying summoners from ruining my day.

In short, they are choice. I highly recommend picking up one if you can find it.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:22 PM   #254
Malificent
High School JV

Comp #2 is up: Roguelike Comp #2: The Ord of the Ings variant - Front Office Football Central