Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-08-2006, 11:15 AM   #2901
Antmeister
Pro Starter

And of course, he keeps asking about official avatars as well as trading his download copy for a boxed version:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm...&key=&#1082002

Last edited by Antmeister : 03-08-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:18 AM   #2902
Antmeister
Pro Starter

And my head hurts trying to understand what he entered into the Suggestion/Wishlist area:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm...&key=&#1081875
Old 03-08-2006, 11:21 AM   #2903
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
And my head hurts trying to understand what he entered into the Suggestion/Wishlist area:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm...&key=&#1081875

wtf
Old 03-08-2006, 11:23 AM   #2904
rkmsuf
Head Coach

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1062097
Old 03-08-2006, 11:24 AM   #2905
JeeberD
General Manager

Ahhh...here's his grand design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWsFBAStartOct292006

I am going to start a year around Computer FootBall Gaming from Youth FootBall Level to Teams Around The World in Semi-Pro level to Professional FootBall Level, 120-teams/programs/franchises each football level (G.reat W.hite's F.ootB.all A.ssociation; starting drafts start in October 29th, 2006) pay per hour fee for play, in Multiplayer Centers first-starting in at least in Kendall-Florida City, Fl. (paying rent to Multiplayer Centers). I have been a DieHard Fan of F.P.S.: F.B.P. '98 (because of it's play/game plan/profile editing, league creation and etc; that EASports refuses to include in their games); however, now I saw The Maximum Football game and loved the direction it went. There is a chance I might use The Maximum FootBall game over F.P.S.: F.B. P. '98, if it can be proved to me it can be better than F.P.S.: F.B.P. '98 [problem playing/drafting/using files in same FootBall level(s) over as many as possible computers (without Internet and with LAN) ]. The problem is the following, your game/The Maximum FootBall has crashed on my computer and play editoring seems (so hard to use and crashes when trying to practice it) subpar to F.P.S.: F.B.P. '98.

Jason 'Great White'

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:26 AM   #2906
John Galt
Pro Starter

Brilliant!
Old 03-08-2006, 11:27 AM   #2907
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf

Looks like he was a football coach...I think we found one of the beta testers!

Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:30 AM   #2908
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I wish that I could see his requests to the NCAA to license their teams.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:32 AM   #2909
QuikSand
lolzcat

First I thought this guy's posts were just a total mess, perhaps coming from someone whose command of English is a bit shaky.

Then... I started to realize. What's he doing here? All these hyphens... all these periods. Hyphens... dashes. Periods... dots. Dashes and dots... IT'S MORSE CODE!

So, I figure that this is really the next enigma puzzle...

(makes more sense than any other explanation I can fathom)
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:34 AM   #2910
JeeberD
General Manager

Wow...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1082030

Quote:
[font="Courier New"]I Have Been Critical of Maximum FootBall '2005 and Pointed Out It's NEEDED Improvements, So Now It’s Time For Me To Create A Thread About The Maximum FootBall 2006s Awesomeness.

Also:

A. I Am Trusting That Marauders' Thread 'Maximum Football FAQ and Feature List ' is Accurate.

B. I Have Tried To Download The Game In The Computer I Type This Out On And Share With Others, It Did Not Work**. Thus, I Have To Wait Until I Get My Other Computer Fixed To Be Able To Compare The Maximum FootBall '2006 to F.P.S.: F.B.P. '98.

C. I Am The Most Die Hard F.P.S.: F.B.P. '98 supporter/Currently The Greatest FootBall Gaming Experience EVER CREATED, Thus The Maximum FootBall '2006 & Beyond Will Have To Include All That F.P.S.: F.B.P. '98 Offered and Best It.*
[/font
]

It's a great idea to make a thread about how awesome a game is that he hasn't been able to play because he can't get it installed on his comp...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:37 AM   #2911
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf

again, quote for posterity, from that thread:
RE: Scouting/Filmroom - 3/8/2006 2:18:42 PM
GWsFBAStartOct292006
Matrix Trooper

Sorry, I was just thinking of ESPNNFL '2005's scouting feature; not F.P.S.: F.B.P. '98's feature of saving games and plays or all scoring plays, to be able store them or trade them.

Sorry, if it seems that I am constantly bring up F.P.S.: F.B.P. '98 just that to me it was the greatest FootBall Game ever created. I have tryed all major ones, even gave up on playing real FootBall and went to the dark side* and JOINED THE EAS CUSTOMERS* and have every single one in the F.P.S. series.

*Only for the stupid, followers and do not truely understand what FootBall really is about, I fit in the first-two but was an grumpy unsatisfied playing EAS FootBall Games, because I am a ex-FootBall player and ex-coach. In my defense, for which there is next to no defense for, I was playing with a few of my younger family members, the ONLY positive from that Dark stage of my playing FootBall Gaming was that it inspired me to create my company.

funniest part to me:
Quote:
In my defense, for which there is next to no defense for, I was playing with a few of my younger family members, the ONLY positive from that Dark stage of my playing FootBall Gaming was that it inspired me to create my company.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:38 AM   #2912
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Wow...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1082030

It's a great idea to make a thread about how awesome a game is that he hasn't been able to play because he can't get it installed on his comp...

Geez...that thread is hilarious. He basically quotes the features of the game and types "LOVE IT!" after each section. This guy is a nutball or a very creative troll that has purchased the game.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:39 AM   #2913
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
First I thought this guy's posts were just a total mess, perhaps coming from someone whose command of English is a bit shaky.

Then... I started to realize. What's he doing here? All these hyphens... all these periods. Hyphens... dashes. Periods... dots. Dashes and dots... IT'S MORSE CODE!

So, I figure that this is really the next enigma puzzle...

(makes more sense than any other explanation I can fathom)

let's be serious for a moment, is he for real? I mean could someone really be that confused or is he making it all up as he goes?

Really, when you think he's posted the weirdest post ever, he comes up with another...

I'm thinking the morse code explanation could very well be the closest on to making any sense of it all...

FM
Old 03-08-2006, 11:42 AM   #2914
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

and I would like to sincerely thank mister GWsFBAStartOct292006 for rekindling this thread that looked like it was dead. Second thanks go to mister Antmeister71 for unveiling this "protégé" so to speak. Thanks Ant!

Old 03-08-2006, 11:43 AM   #2915
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
and I would like to sincerely thank mister GWsFBAStartOct292006 for rekindling this thread that looked like it was dead. Second thanks go to mister Antmeister71 for unveiling this "protégé" so to speak. Thanks Ant!

and to quote myself with the words of the great GWsFBAStartOct292006:

Quote:
LLLLLOOOOVVVEE IT!

FM
Old 03-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #2916
digamma
Torchbearer

As entertaining as GWBFBAQWERTY2006@#$!!! is, I think this is still my favorite post from the support forum:

Quote:
Field Goal kickers are terrible.

My first league game. There was no 2nd half kick off. The team who had the ball at the end of the 1st half took over right where they left off at the start of the 3rd Quarter.

No turnovers. Not a single one in about 8 games that I have played.

QBs throw the ball into the ground instead of getting sacked. It would be grounding.

Too many fair catches on punts.

QBs are struggling pretty mightly to throw.

Despite all this...I love this. This is the exact game I have wanted for 8 years.

From this, I take it that he wanted a game that resembles football, in that it's played on a football field, and where you get to design lots of pretty uniforms, but the rules are something akin to those found in various games in Quik's old Manufactured Competition Thread.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:45 AM   #2917
QuikSand
lolzcat

I'll be very disappointed if this GWBFBA... character is actually just one of you in disguise. Or if it's me. That would probably disappoint me even more.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:46 AM   #2918
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
From this, I take it that he wanted a game that resembles football, in that it's played on a football field, and where you get to design lots of pretty uniforms, but the rules are something akin to those found in various games in Quik's old Manufactured Competition Thread.

Love the reference...
Old 03-08-2006, 11:50 AM   #2919
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
let's be serious for a moment, is he for real? I mean could someone really be that confused or is he making it all up as he goes?

Really, when you think he's posted the weirdest post ever, he comes up with another...

I'm thinking the morse code explanation could very well be the closest on to making any sense of it all...

FM

Two weeks ago I'd have bet money this was a troll, but since then I've been dealing with customer support for a popular online software retailer which sends me emails that are a cross between this guy and jbmagic. The first email was so bad, I thought a friend was playing a joke on me and confronted him about it. I think it's very possible this guy could be on the up and up.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:56 AM   #2920
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
Two weeks ago I'd have bet money this was a troll, but since then I've been dealing with customer support for a popular online software retailer which sends me emails that are a cross between this guy and jbmagic. The first email was so bad, I thought a friend was playing a joke on me and confronted him about it. I think it's very possible this guy could be on the up and up.

yeah, it's a bit how I feel too. The trollish wave has kind of subsided, the fun was all done and then he comes around. I'd feel a bit like Quiksand if it turned out that it's a manufactured identity but my rational self has a very hard time believing that somebody can be this confused...

FM
Old 03-08-2006, 11:57 AM   #2921
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
Agreed. A long, long time ago, I worked tech support for AOL. There really are people like this out there.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:59 AM   #2922
spcd
n00b

The fakes were fairly easy to pick out, although CFL_FAN has recently rekindled himself as possibly just a nut case with his recent posts. But this character is either a true genius, or a 14 year old English-as-a-fourth-language student with a school business project. Then again, it's possible that an MF-customized player has achieved sentience, and is just a few ratings tweaks away from normality

My personal favourite

Quote:
Do you guys record the conversations? This should be watched for and if needed trained against giving not enough information or wrong information, which ever turns out to be the case
I'm considering posting only in blood red courier from now on, it lends a certain gravitas to any post.
spcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:00 PM   #2923
Anthony
Banned

you guys are bullies.

and i get a bad rep for posting some harmless stuff at MP leagues.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #2924
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcd
I'm considering posting only in blood red courier from now on, it lends a certain gravitas to any post.
even better reason: it drives SkyDog up the wall...

You're new around here, you'll learn

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 03-08-2006 at 12:11 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:08 PM   #2925
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
you guys are bullies.

and i get a bad rep for posting some harmless stuff at MP leagues.

You make me laugh...I even giggled like SkyDog!
Old 03-08-2006, 12:12 PM   #2926
Anthony
Banned

like i said, the humor is being forced here. it was more authentic about 20/30 pages ago. now the continued beating of the horse is getting malicious. if people dislike the game so much they should give it the worst kind of punishment.

moving on.

unless you think all the internet's weirdest people are restricted to the MF forums. there's tons of sites out there with equal, if not more, humorours content. yes, yes, why do i keep checking if i don't care. i keep assuming (wrongly) that if people are still posting here that there's actually something worthwhile to view.

i'm wrong everytime.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #2927
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
i'm wrong everytime.

quoted for posterity

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #2928
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

C'mon guys, we're not entertaining H.A. any more. Try Harder!!!
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #2929
rkmsuf
Head Coach

that was a classic I'm cooler than you post. could be true but that guy over there is fascinating.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:20 PM   #2930
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
like i said, the humor is being forced here. it was more authentic about 20/30 pages ago. now the continued beating of the horse is getting malicious. if people dislike the game so much they should give it the worst kind of punishment.

moving on.

unless you think all the internet's weirdest people are restricted to the MF forums. there's tons of sites out there with equal, if not more, humorours content. yes, yes, why do i keep checking if i don't care. i keep assuming (wrongly) that if people are still posting here that there's actually something worthwhile to view.

i'm wrong everytime.

Guys, I think HA has a point here. As the founder of DeanHouston.org, HA is one of the world's leading experts on "forced humor".
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:23 PM   #2931
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
C'mon guys, we're not entertaining H.A. any more. Try Harder!!!

that's the problem, buck, you guys are trying too hard.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:24 PM   #2932
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
that guy is really hilarious... more from that second thread:
RE: Mr. Winter, - 3/8/2006 3:29:46 PM
GWsFBAStartOct292006
Matrix Trooper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

GWsFBA,

I'm not sure I understand your complaint. David posted that he does in fact read the suggestions forum. However, our first priority is fixing issues with the game before we move on to add any new features.

Regards,

- Erik

BLANK!

Thanks for correcting me, totally misread it. Always have a lot going on right now (Radio, my company and this message boards)

Than I have no problem, except is this really Mr. Winter? Is it since he is not a Matrix employee (Maybe) that he does not have an official avatar to separate himself?

HAHAHAH! "Always have a lot going on right now"

FM

BLANK!

Are they using a Winter impersonator over there now?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:26 PM   #2933
Anthony
Banned

it's just silly to see everyone eagerly trying to declare the "new era of the MF thread" everytime someone finds something to make fun of.

i've heard of grapsing for straws, but this is over the top. yeesh, its like David Winter is the only guy in history to try to accomplish something (no matter how lofty the goal) and fall flat on his face. like everything goes perfectly for all you other guys.

MF might suck, but i'd love to have the ability to create something that looked like MF. i wouldn't charge $40 for the final product, mind you, but i still respect the time that went into making something like that. FOF is a beast of a game but it doesn't even have the 2D dots of FM. so, the guy failed. how is this worthy of 60 pages of poking fun of?

Last edited by Anthony : 03-08-2006 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:28 PM   #2934
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Do you read your own posts? You're an asshat of the highest order.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #2935
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
it's just silly to see everyone eagerly trying to declare the "new era of the MF thread" everytime someone finds something to make fun of.

i've heard of grapsing for straws, but this is over the top.

Thanks HA, keep shoveling in some more of this funny stuff. I like it when you play other characters. This concerned character is absolutely hilarious.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:31 PM   #2936
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:

i've heard of grapsing for straws, but this is over the top.

Ok, Chevy. We get it. Weekend Update should have been cancelled once you left the cast of Saturday Night Live. It could never again reach the comic proportions you brought to it.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #2937
Radii
Head Coach

GWsFBAStartOct292006

Hmmmm, Oct 29th, 2006 will be my 30th birthday. coincidence? God, I hope so.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:36 PM   #2938
twothree
College Prospect

I hope GWsFBAStartOct292006 has a secretary/translator when his company/organization issues a memo/announcement. (Ack. I can't type like that.)

If he had been around in the early 1990's, I wonder what it would have been like to play in a MUD ran by him?
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:36 PM   #2939
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
Do you read your own posts? You're an asshat of the highest order.

Guys, argue in limerick or don't argue at all.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:37 PM   #2940
Anthony
Banned

i added more to my post above, to flesh out my thought.

i like how everyone here is authentically a good person, and this thread is just an exception to the rule, where you all have a common target to take shots at.

meanwhile, when i say "hey, don't you think you should move on, don't you think he's had enough" i'm not authentic/sincere.

everyone here is perfect. everyone always completes projects to their highest calibre and no one ever fails. no one can just take a shot and leave it at that. no, everyone jsut want to continually pile on the guy so they can manufacture their own fun.

i feel sorry for the guy. i sometimes have lots of ideas in my head that i'd love to have the ability to make a reality - you think i wouldn't want to be able to create my own text sim? so the game sucks. you guys are on the edges of your seats waiting for the next slip up, screw up or fuck up so you have more content.

Last edited by Anthony : 03-08-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:37 PM   #2941
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

HA, that GW guy is funny to me in his own right. He could have been posting about BBCF and I would still have had fun trying to decipher his "companies" and stuff. I'm not so much blasting Maximum Football, other than posting in the Maximum Football since it's kinda linked to it.

Nobody forces you to read this thread here you know...

FM
Old 03-08-2006, 12:42 PM   #2942
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Nobody forces you to read this thread here you know...

FM

nobody forces anyone to read my posts (you all have the ignore function) but people read them anyway and then get their nipples all pointy when they read something they don't like. and i'm the bad guy.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:44 PM   #2943
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
nobody forces anyone to read my posts (you all have the ignore function) but people read them anyway and then get their nipples all pointy when they read something they don't like. and i'm the bad guy.

what I meant is you made your point known, you too could move on and let people have their fun here, heh...

FM
Old 03-08-2006, 12:46 PM   #2944
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:

I don't like your analogy at all. A woman's nipples don't get pointy when they are angry. They get pointy when they are aroused or cold. So you already confused me.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:50 PM   #2945
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
I don't like your analogy at all. A woman's nipples don't get pointy when they are angry. They get pointy when they are aroused or cold. So you already confused me.

You sure about that? Damn, I was all ready to get my wife all angry the minute I'd walk in the house, kind of in hope of seeing the pointy nipple thing... Back to square one...

FM
Old 03-08-2006, 12:53 PM   #2946
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
I agree with HA.

Except for the nipples analogy... which I don't quite get...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:53 PM   #2947
Bee
Pro Starter

I just thought it was a cold breeze blowing through the thread...
Old 03-08-2006, 12:58 PM   #2948
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I just thought it was a cold breeze blowing through the thread...

Stop! The last thing I want to imagine SkyDog say is, "Hey look guys, my nipples are getting pointy!" and then get all giggly.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:59 PM   #2949
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
You sure about that? Damn, I was all ready to get my wife all angry the minute I'd walk in the house, kind of in hope of seeing the pointy nipple thing... Back to square one...

FM

LOL!
Old 03-08-2006, 01:09 PM   #2950
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So wait, I'm not sure if I've deciphered it properly. This guy wants to start a company where he has a bunch of computers, and people are paying him to play FB Pro '98 (or M-F if he can install it) on them against each other? Can't people already do this for free from the comfort of their own homes?
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote