Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-03-2020, 01:47 AM   #29151
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

So....Trump is downing made up drugs....of course he is...

Trump is being treated with an experimental drug cocktail for COVID-19. Here's what it is.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 10-03-2020 at 01:47 AM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 01:51 AM   #29152
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And we have a Kellyanne Conway....Kellyanne Conway positive. Mark your cards!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:36 AM   #29153
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Is this a game? OK I'll play. He goes into a coma, has a limb amputated. Biden wins. Trump wakes up in March and things he's still the president. He shows up at the white house and starts ordering people around.

It's replaced by a robotic limb. The robotic limb takes over for Trump's decayed brain and runs his body. The country, no the world, is on edge waiting to see what robot Trump will do.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:38 AM   #29154
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

These people are unbelievable. Lewandowski is on ABC acting like no one knows how Covid is spread and people who weren't at the SCOTUS ceremony got it so how do we know that's where it came from. And it's like, moron, you don't have to be there if someone got it there and then gave it to you! That Maine wedding, at least 7 pepe died and NONE of them attended the damn wedding!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-03-2020 at 07:39 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:42 AM   #29155
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
trump campaign manager tested positive

That job is like being the drummer for Spinal Tap.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:42 AM   #29156
Ksyrup

Also, a Joe Piscopo interview about attending the NJ fundraiser... I'm about done with 2020. I thought he died about a decade ago but then I realized I was thinking of him as Frank Sinatra and assuming he had to be dead.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-03-2020, 08:06 AM   #29157
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Best case is he loses and gets 25th amendment removed after the election. Pence acts like a honorable human and doesn’t pardon many of the pieces of shit that Trump would. Exchange of power is peaceful in January.

That's part of what I'm wondering. Can an acting president pardon an incapacitated one for...whatever? Also in this scenario, we might not have bestowed the actual title of President on Pence. But after such a period, would Trump still run? If he lost, would he assume office again, keep Pence in the acting role, or just step aside? And that's assuming that he was still on the ballot but lost. Might he have been replaced on the ticket? Would his followers/family have even allowed that?
Old 10-03-2020, 08:11 AM   #29158
Ksyrup

Ron Johnson now tests positive. Saw on Twitter - this is the GOP version of the Me Too Movement.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:08 AM   #29159
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Ron Johnson now tests positive. Saw on Twitter - this is the GOP version of the Me Too Movement.

This is so fucking apropos. Like, GOP ignores RGB dying wishes to wait to appoint her replacement until there's a new President. GOP announces 1 hour after her death they'll replace her. And then literally at the appointment party for her replacement within a week, and before she was in the ground, they all get COVID.

If there is a just God... he is showing himself.

Last edited by BillyMadison : 10-03-2020 at 09:09 AM.
BillyMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:15 AM   #29160
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
These people are unbelievable. Lewandowski is on ABC acting like no one knows how Covid is spread and people who weren't at the SCOTUS ceremony got it so how do we know that's where it came from. And it's like, moron, you don't have to be there if someone got it there and then gave it to you! That Maine wedding, at least 7 pepe died and NONE of them attended the damn wedding!

These poeple live on another planet.

A friend of mine pointed me in the direction of a tight wing conspiracy board yesterday and one of the first posts discussing Trump's positive test talked about how COVID appears to be airborne based off of the positive tests. The post then goes on to complain that no one has told us that this virus is airborne and that if it is then it has to be taken seriously.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:29 AM   #29161
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Just pointing out since it's October...

Any horror movie fan knows all the tropes; so I'm disappointed that Biden is pulling negative ads because you don't let up against a monster in the third act.

Even if he dies, what have you to lose?

Meanwhile, I used to see Biden ads all over youtube, since the declaration I'm only seeing Trump ads...

Why do Democrats appeal to the greater good when humans don't really have that in them...?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 10:30 AM   #29162
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Biden's pitch is, I'm a decent guy that will make things normal again. Dropping the negative ads plays into that message. It's good politics, too, because he's getting a shit ton of free media for doing it, allowing him to spend his money on other things for a while.
Old 10-03-2020, 10:38 AM   #29163
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I have a college friend that was at the wedding of the nutso OANN reporter that always asks softballs and conspiracy theory questions. This was last night, and of course everybody is hugging and laughing and no one is wearing a mask.

My friend has always leaned right, but was reasonable for most of her life, sadly, it now looks like she's passed to the other side.
Old 10-03-2020, 10:41 AM   #29164
QuikSand
lolzcat

This thread is jumping, good work fellas. I don't have an even more far fetched scenario to add, but the (so far) mumbled discussion of pardon law is rightfully going to get oxygen in time.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 10:45 AM   #29165
QuikSand
lolzcat

Oh, and not sure this is the right place, but there's a betting market on PredictIt for the time interval when the Senate votes on the next SCOTUS nominee. The window I like is after the election, but before the next congress.

I moved the market buying in at 23 yesterday (seeking to be only quietly ghoulish in my motivations). I think it's still a buy in the high 30s last I checked. The nuts and bolts just don't add up, to me, I think the right price for that is around 60 right now.

It still remains a useful tactical play for the GOP to claim that control of the Senate is paramount, and to use a pending nomination as candy there makes sense to me. Then they just go and do what they want in December irrespective of the voters because fuck them anyway.
Old 10-03-2020, 10:46 AM   #29166
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

This doctor is hilarious at the Press Conference at Walter Reed. Was asked if President was on oxygen. "He is not on oxygen right now". Was he ever on oxygen? "He has not been on oxygen this morning".

So... I'm guessing he was on oxygen last night.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 10-03-2020 at 10:46 AM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 10:49 AM   #29167
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

That's not... good. He's very obese.

Last edited by BillyMadison : 10-03-2020 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-03-2020, 10:49 AM   #29168
Thomkal
Head Coach

So who knew the virus would be the Democrats best friend? Taking out Republicans before the Supreme Court vote, Trump can't campaign...what an October Surprise. Conway hugged and kissed Barr, so could really be a big win for the Dems.

And for the record, I'm kidding, hope all that get it have a complete recovery...but after Nov 3
Old 10-03-2020, 11:00 AM   #29169
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Wait, did that Doctor say that Trump knew he had Covid 72 hours ago? And decided to go to fundraisers anyways?! Holy shit.

Old 10-03-2020, 11:03 AM   #29170
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yeah, CNN is jumping all over the 72 hour thing, as well as the oxygen deal. "What's today, Saturday? No, he was not on oxygen Thursday."

So, not on it Thur, not now, but you don't say he hasn't been at all. So yeah, yesterday then.
Old 10-03-2020, 11:11 AM   #29171
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

72 hours would be the morning after the debate.

And then the fuckers didn't notify Biden or anyone at the debate.

In other completely predictable news, Bill Barr is refusing to quarantine, so keep an eye out if you are in D.C.
Old 10-03-2020, 11:28 AM   #29172
kingfc22
Head Coach

JFC. Just another example how he cares about nobody other than himself.
Old 10-03-2020, 11:45 AM   #29173
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

This is very different than what Trump's doc said publically.

Old 10-03-2020, 11:57 AM   #29174
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I have to admit this whole situation with Trump has revealed to me a painful lack of objectivity. My initial reaction, before I kicked myself in the arse mentally, was to be disappointed that he was doing well. I don't consciously wish anyone ill health, but despite my best efforts I'm borderline bitter towards the man.

That now means I need to pray extra for Trump (it's the best antidote to this kind of thing I know of, aside from being a good idea in general).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMadison
This is so fucking apropos. Like, GOP ignores RGB dying wishes to wait to appoint her replacement until there's a new President. GOP announces 1 hour after her death they'll replace her. And then literally at the appointment party for her replacement within a week, and before she was in the ground, they all get COVID.

There are many good and compelling reasons for them to have waited. The whole Garland nonsense, the timing being this close to an election, etc. RBG wanting it is not among them though. Honoring the final wish of SCOTUS justices has never been a thing, and I don't think there's a good reason for it to be.
Brian Swartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:13 PM   #29175
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
This is very different than what Trump's doc said publically.

It is all a game to these folks.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:14 PM   #29176
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

The lawsuits are really going to flow now. Michigan's Supreme Court has ruled that the majority of Gov. Whitmer's orders after April 30th are not valid and that she exceeded her powers. The media reporting on this is burying some important distinctions, talking more about the disputed part of the split decision.

** The court held unanimously that Whitmer didn't have the authority to declare a state of emergency past April 30th. Based on the Emergency Management Act (1976), the governor can only declare a state of emergency once and can't extend it indefinitely without legislative approval.

** The more contentious part is what emergency powers the governor has in these kinds of situations, about which a divided 3-2 vote found "the EPGA constituted an unlawful delegation of legislative power to the executive and was unconstitutional under Const 1963, art 3, § 2, which prohibits exercise of the legislative power by the executive branch. ... The EPGA was unconstitutional in its entirety."

There's a 21-day period before this takes effect, but who knows what happens in Michigan after this as the Republican-controlled legislature isn't about to authorize any extension of Whitmer's authority at this point.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-03-2020 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-03-2020, 12:17 PM   #29177
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I have to admit this whole situation with Trump has revealed to me a painful lack of objectivity. My initial reaction, before I kicked myself in the arse mentally, was to be disappointed that he was doing well. I don't consciously wish anyone ill health, but despite my best efforts I'm borderline bitter towards the man.

That now means I need to pray extra for Trump (it's the best antidote to this kind of thing I know of, aside from being a good idea in general).

I hate to admit that I got some kind of weird primal, physical relief when I first read he was in the hospital....not like a feeling of celebration or happiness that he was suffering so much as like an enitrely animal reaction to there FINALLY being a firm, solid reality to point to, that can't be simply dismissed and denied entirely.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:19 PM   #29178
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

oh well

chaser...

Old 10-03-2020, 12:21 PM   #29179
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
There are many good and compelling reasons for them to have waited. The whole Garland nonsense, the timing being this close to an election, etc. RBG wanting it is not among them though. Honoring the final wish of SCOTUS justices has never been a thing, and I don't think there's a good reason for it to be.

Fully agreed
Old 10-03-2020, 12:23 PM   #29180
QuikSand
lolzcat

Just a random tossin, out of frustration...

THESE FUCKERS
Old 10-03-2020, 12:27 PM   #29181
QuikSand
lolzcat

Also...

Right, a buffet. Here, grab the same spoon as sniffly guy over there. Great.
Old 10-03-2020, 12:28 PM   #29182
QuikSand
lolzcat

...and "conflicting reports" only if you give full credence to the White House spin team and their alternative facts on the terms "48 hours" and "72 hours."

JFC
Old 10-03-2020, 12:29 PM   #29183
QuikSand
lolzcat

Like, is there one of these old fat white millionaires who actually cares about his wife or, shit, even himself, enough to say something about this? Can we get a "how care he?" from fucking ANYBODY right now?
Old 10-03-2020, 12:31 PM   #29184
QuikSand
lolzcat

(time for me to unplug)
Old 10-03-2020, 12:31 PM   #29185
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
...and "conflicting reports" only if you give full credence to the White House spin team and their alternative facts on the terms "48 hours" and "72 hours."

JFC

We’re getting a preview of what these fuckers are going to be like on election night.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 10-03-2020, 12:42 PM   #29186
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/statu...713394688?s=19

Old 10-03-2020, 12:47 PM   #29187
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

He's not wrong.
Old 10-03-2020, 12:51 PM   #29188
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Solid theory in this thread.

Old 10-03-2020, 12:52 PM   #29189
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Solid theory in this thread.

Definitely what a “pro-life” party should do?
Old 10-03-2020, 12:55 PM   #29190
Swaggs
Coordinator

I wonder if he was feeling under the weather on Tuesday and Then they pumped him full of steroids. It would make some sense on why he was so agitated (even beyond normal).

Last edited by Swaggs : 10-03-2020 at 12:56 PM.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:58 PM   #29191
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Quote:
Fully agreed

I was more making the point that the GOP was so insensitive/wrong/unethical/immoral with their handling of RBG's opening that it's apropos that this all went down at the same time of their nomination ceremony for her replacement. I realize that honoring her dying wish is not amongst the reasons to not fill the seat. Just pointing out their unscrupulous behavior all around... and this karma boomerang that's hit them.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:12 PM   #29192
Thomkal
Head Coach

Sadly in this conspiracy theory era, my mind keeps coming back to them not revealing Hope Hicks had the virus, only to be found out by the press, and then coming late enough to the debate and not wearing masks besides the First Lady-were they really scheming to get Biden sick and then blame it all on him? Could they really be that evil?
Old 10-03-2020, 01:13 PM   #29193
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I wonder if he was feeling under the weather on Tuesday and Then they pumped him full of steroids. It would make some sense on why he was so agitated (even beyond normal).

You mean like taking drugs to have a better debate performance? Where have I heard that one?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 01:20 PM   #29194
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I agree with the just of this but never isn't right. By all accounts, Kennedy retired on the condition that Kavanaugh was picked as his replacement.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:23 PM   #29195
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Sadly in this conspiracy theory era, my mind keeps coming back to them not revealing Hope Hicks had the virus, only to be found out by the press, and then coming late enough to the debate and not wearing masks besides the First Lady-were they really scheming to get Biden sick and then blame it all on him? Could they really be that evil?

I'm not sure about this - possible, though requires a lot of competence. But the bar for their selfishness seems pretty darn slow

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 01:33 PM   #29196
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

The only other option is a perfect storm/extended circus of bumbling ineptitude that just happened to prevent all these people from getting scheduled testing, multiple times at multiple massive public events at the very time when their status was in question.

....not to say that isn't entirely possible with this administration, just to further harp that there's no real neutral position here, it's either willfully evil, or tragically inept.

Last edited by thesloppy : 10-03-2020 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:36 PM   #29197
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

How long before we learn Hope Hicks attended a hot yoga class or something a few days before infecting Donny
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 02:25 PM   #29198
thesloppy
Pro Starter

The collective commentary of the right is out there trying to thread the tiniest needle between "it's just the flu, he's going to be fine" and "this is a democrat/chinese assassination attempt" while leapfrogging the entirety of "legitimate concern".

Last edited by thesloppy : 10-03-2020 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-03-2020, 02:43 PM   #29199
kingfc22
Head Coach

Haven’t you heard. It’s a plague now.
Old 10-03-2020, 03:07 PM   #29200
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Good Lord, they're still using Herman Cain's Twitter and actually used it to comment positively on Trump's prognosis.

Last edited by thesloppy : 10-03-2020 at 03:08 PM.