Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-02-2020, 06:31 PM   #29101
spleen1015
Coordinator

First thing I wondered was where that 800% comes from. If you can match my donation 800%, why not just donate that 800% yourself?
Old 10-02-2020, 06:36 PM   #29102
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I think Pence may bring back some never-Trumpers to vote Republican. But, I think there are many only-Trumpers that probably would not vote. All of this is speculation. There could be a real rebound for the Republicans because of the loss. Or, there could be real lack of interest without him.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I think the assumption is without Trump, the chance of a straight up election is pretty much gone. We'd be three steps further down the road of the authoritarian playbook. National anarchy and lawlessness, China, COVID as an act of war, massive voter fraud... we need to delay the election 6 months for national security. Maybe that's hyperbole, but nothing seems out of the question right now. Individual states with GOP control seem to be doing a pretty good job of implementing some of the early steps already.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:37 PM   #29103
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Given that a significant part of the Trump wing of the GOP is already basically equating this to a declaration of war by China, pretty fucking awful would be my guess.

Agreed. I think we all remember the BS Muslims went through immediately after 9/11. My guess is that some Asian Americans would be subjected to similar treatment.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:56 PM   #29104
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I don't know where this Biden may suspend how campaign stuff is coming from. It's not what the campaign is saying:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...-back-campaign

On the removing negative ads, it is really smart. For one folks wanted him to run more positive ads anyways (more why vote for me rather than why not vote Trump) and now he's getting all the positive media PR from "acting Presidential". It's a massive PR win for him to do that.

And after all, it's not like the Lincoln Project has made the same pledge.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2020, 07:04 PM   #29105
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
First thing I wondered was where that 800% comes from. If you can match my donation 800%, why not just donate that 800% yourself?

Because once you've got your hooks into a donor, you've lowered the barrier to further entry.

Sure, you might have some bundlers you could get to just straight donate $800 instead of collectively taking "my" $100 and turning it into $800, but there are still limits to how much those bundlers could individually contribute (though they could donate to 501(c)s instead). That's a finite resource.

But if you can get a hundred, a thousand, or ten thousand new donors, even at lower values, once you've gotten past that resistance to donating, they're going to be less resistant to continuing to donate.

It's the same reason why you'll see non-profits mail out a dollar bill as part of their "won't you feed a starving child in Africa?" pitch. The concept is that you'll return it, maybe with a bit more, and once you've done that, you'll be less resistant to the idea of donating to them again, and again, and again.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 07:08 PM   #29106
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Acosta reporting that Trump is having some trouble breathing.
Old 10-02-2020, 07:12 PM   #29107
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Given that a significant part of the Trump wing of the GOP is already basically equating this to a declaration of war by China, pretty fucking awful would be my guess.

I haven't voted Republican in a general election in almost twenty years, but my first thought when COVID-19 started making the rounds was:

I'm not saying this IS a biological attack by China, but if Chinese leadership wanted to attack the political leadership of the West in an indirect way, engineering a virus that spreads quickly; causes potentially lifelong damage to the heart and lungs to survivors; and is particularly deadly to the elderly and those with underlying health conditions, well...

That pretty well describes a goodly chunk of the political leadership of just about every major democracy, wouldn't you say? Even if you don't get to the President, or the Prime Minister, or whoever, you're still likely to infect SOME percentage of any given nation's government, and the resulting chaos still works to your benefit.

Even if it wasn't a biological attack - and again, I'm approaching this from a purely speculative angle - it still behooved the Trump Administration to treat it as seriously as they would have (hopefully) done if it WERE an instance of biowarfare.

They didn't do that. Trump, specifically, didn't do that. Trump seethed about the damage to the economy and, more specifically, the stock market, and rage tweeted from the shitter about how we needed to open back up in time for Easter, pack out the churches, and grumped at his staff about how he needed to get back to his rallies where at least people love him unquestioningly.

Even as his health experts and the CDC were saying "these are things you should do and shouldn't do," he was undermining their advice, ignoring their advice, and egging on protesters who were marching on "blue state" capitals with guns demanding that they be allowed to go to hair salons again.

I mean, if China wanted to launch a biowarfare attack against America generally and her political leadership specifically, they couldn't ask for a better unwitting ally than Donald Trump.

Trumpers are muttering darkly about this being a Chinese act of war? If they'd taken it as seriously as that six months ago, we probably wouldn't be in this position a month before the election.
Old 10-02-2020, 07:14 PM   #29108
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

They've been doing this since the campaign started. They've just raised that number as time has gone by. It started with triple matching and that number has gone up sharply as the money issues within thr Trump campaign have become evident. It's all bullshit though. No one is matching donations as it'd likely be a violation of campaign finance laws u less it came from your own personal funds and that would still have to be filed. According to FEC feelings Trump hasn't contributed any money to his campaign this time around.

And just to be clear, this isn't a Trump-only type thing. It does seem to be more of a republican fundraising tactic, but both sides do use it.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 07:18 PM   #29109
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Senator Thom Tillis, who was also at the Rose Garden ceremony, has tested positive. He had a negative test Saturday.

GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 07:23 PM   #29110
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Because once you've got your hooks into a donor, you've lowered the barrier to further entry.

Sure, you might have some bundlers you could get to just straight donate $800 instead of collectively taking "my" $100 and turning it into $800, but there are still limits to how much those bundlers could individually contribute (though they could donate to 501(c)s instead). That's a finite resource.

But if you can get a hundred, a thousand, or ten thousand new donors, even at lower values, once you've gotten past that resistance to donating, they're going to be less resistant to continuing to donate.

It's the same reason why you'll see non-profits mail out a dollar bill as part of their "won't you feed a starving child in Africa?" pitch. The concept is that you'll return it, maybe with a bit more, and once you've done that, you'll be less resistant to the idea of donating to them again, and again, and again.

At first I thought it was a bad move by Biden because YOU KNOW that Trump would be doubling down if it were the other way around. But maybe you're right. Pull the negative ads for a bit knowing full well that Lincoln and others will continue to do the dirty work.

Kind of like this one...

BillyMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 07:30 PM   #29111
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Senator Thom Tillis, who was also at the Rose Garden ceremony, has tested positive. He had a negative test Saturday.

He's the second Senator from Judiciary committee to test positive.
Old 10-02-2020, 07:36 PM   #29112
GrantDawg

Yet the Republicans still aren't planning on delaying the confirmation hearings. The GOP is so pro life they don't care who they have to kill to get a new justice on the Supreme Court.

Old 10-02-2020, 07:39 PM   #29113
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

So there are reports the President is very fatigued and is having trouble breathing.
Old 10-02-2020, 07:45 PM   #29114
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

https://twitter.com/acosta/status/13...177569792?s=21

Quote:
Trump adviser said there is reason for concern about Trump's health tonight. "This is serious," the source said. The source went on to describe Trump as very tired, very fatigued, and having some trouble breathing. WH officials continue to say Trump will be fine.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 10-02-2020 at 07:46 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 07:56 PM   #29115
GrantDawg

https://twitter.com/Susan_Hennessey/...523417600?s=19

Old 10-02-2020, 07:57 PM   #29116
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post

Sounds like mild symptoms to me...
Old 10-02-2020, 08:03 PM   #29117
QuikSand
lolzcat

oh well
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:05 PM   #29118
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:26 PM   #29119
Edward64
Head Coach

I don't wish that anyone catches the coronavirus. But I'm not sorry he is ill or if it gets worse.

This isn't a political thing for me. Its like someone dying from a wingsuit flight or a Formula 1 driver in a car crash. He was fully informed, knowingly accepted the risk, benefited from it, and flaunted it. And in this case, over and over again.

People around him may be a different matter. Hard to say if they were true believers also or were intimidated by Trump into not taking basic precautions. But Trump himself, nah.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:29 PM   #29120
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Biden campaign announcing they are pulling all negative ads

We know Trump would not have returned the favor.

But classy thing to do, right thing to do. Go high Sleepy Joe.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:35 PM   #29121
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I LOLed
Old 10-02-2020, 08:56 PM   #29122
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Holy shit. Kellyanne Conway's 15 year old daughter Claudia (who if you remember claimed her parents were abusive a month or so ago and claimed she'd seek emancipation) just said her mom has COVID, tried to lie about it, and has infected the whole family... on TikTok.

Last edited by BillyMadison : 10-02-2020 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:00 PM   #29123
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am not familiar with the genre, so help me out.

Is this peak reality TV or do we have more to go?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:02 PM   #29124
GrantDawg

Not saying she doesn't, but let's wait for someone other then a 15 year old says it.

Old 10-02-2020, 09:12 PM   #29125
kingfc22
Head Coach

All of this stemming from the SCOTUS event they threw.

Karma is a bitch.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:13 PM   #29126
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Quote:
Not saying she doesn't, but let's wait for someone other then a 15 year old says it.

It's all over.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:18 PM   #29127
GrantDawg

Kelly Anne confirmed it.

Old 10-02-2020, 09:21 PM   #29128
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Yeah not buying it until I hear it from George. who has been posting on Twiitter since then with no comment about KellyAnne. Sad to see so many reporters and analysts reporting on Twitter like its real.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:22 PM   #29129
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Lookit the support.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:23 PM   #29130
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Old 10-02-2020, 09:24 PM   #29131
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Oh to be a fly on the wall (in a haz mat suit) in the Conway house tonight...

Kellyanne Conway confirms she's positive for COVID:

2 minutes later George Conway tweets this:

Old 10-02-2020, 09:24 PM   #29132
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yeah just saw the post from KellyAnne
Old 10-02-2020, 09:27 PM   #29133
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:

Can we get a Bill Barr to fill out the bingo card.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:29 PM   #29134
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

With all the info coming out tonight this has to be the nail in the coffin for Trumps reelection chances. No?
Old 10-02-2020, 09:30 PM   #29135
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
With all the info coming out tonight this has to be the nail in the coffin for Trumps reelection chances. No?

You can say this about so many different things and yet none of it matters.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:30 PM   #29136
GrantDawg

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-03-2020 at 09:07 AM. Reason: fixed it so you can see it without clicking.
Old 10-02-2020, 10:03 PM   #29137
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Since day one of his presidency and telling the Emoluments Clause to fuck off, he should have never been considered for re-election.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:22 PM   #29138
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Feels like the Trumpsphere is trying to thread the needle between "it's just the flu" and "it's a Chinese weapon" while still trying to never acknowledge it as a legitimate concern. Maybe covid not your game.

Last edited by thesloppy : 10-02-2020 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-02-2020, 10:39 PM   #29139
cuervo72
Head Coach

Scenario: Trump worsens, goes on ventilator, incapacitated...through the election. Doesn't die.
Old 10-02-2020, 10:46 PM   #29140
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He's the second Senator from Judiciary committee to test positive.

It looks like the committee is 12 GOP and 10 Dem. So if they have a 3rd who has to self-isolate, how's that going to go in voting?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:52 PM   #29141
PilotMan
Head Coach

trump campaign manager tested positive

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:55 PM   #29142
molson
General Manager

The rest of the country got to move on from Ammon Bundy and the gang, but he's still a big celebrity here. Tonight a high school football game got shut down at halftime because he was there for some reason and refused to wear a mask. A few weeks ago he was dragged out of the state capitol on a little wheeled office chair for the same reason. He has his fans, but when he starts fucking with football, I feel like there will be some conflict even among that group of whackos.

Last edited by molson : 10-02-2020 at 10:56 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:58 PM   #29143
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Scenario: Trump worsens, goes on ventilator, incapacitated...through the election. Doesn't die.

Is this a game? OK I'll play. He goes into a coma, has a limb amputated. Biden wins. Trump wakes up in March and things he's still the president. He shows up at the white house and starts ordering people around.

Last edited by molson : 10-03-2020 at 12:17 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 11:13 PM   #29144
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
It looks like the committee is 12 GOP and 10 Dem. So if they have a 3rd who has to self-isolate, how's that going to go in voting?

SI

McConnell will absolutely allow a rules change to permit remote business if necessary to get the Handmaid through.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:15 PM   #29145
JediKooter
Coordinator

Oh shit, Skeletor has covid now too!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kellya...e-for-covid-19

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4

Last edited by JediKooter : 10-02-2020 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:16 PM   #29146
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

And..... reportedly Chris Christie has it.

This is getting ridiculous.

That guy is like seriously obese. Could be a bad time for him... Yikes.

https://twitter.com/ChrisDJackson/st...452964354?s=20

Last edited by BillyMadison : 10-02-2020 at 11:19 PM.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:18 PM   #29147
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMadison View Post
And..... reportedly Chris Christie has it.

This is getting ridiculous.

Holy shit! I know he has been trump's campaign coach/advisor/buffet spotter. I just might have to switch to being agnostic if Barr gets it and resigns by the end of the month.

Old 10-02-2020, 11:19 PM   #29148
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We must look like the biggest joke in the world. Literally a super spreader event originating from the white house. Such an embarrassment.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:24 PM   #29149
thesloppy
Pro Starter

That Chris Christie report thread is less than confident FWIW.

Last edited by thesloppy : 10-02-2020 at 11:24 PM.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:58 PM   #29150
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

Best case is he loses and gets 25th amendment removed after the election. Pence acts like a honorable human and doesn’t pardon many of the pieces of shit that Trump would. Exchange of power is peaceful in January.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote