Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-07-2006, 07:25 AM   #2851
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
No the thread is waiting for its next mutation.

song pls k thx
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:51 AM   #2852
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
I like this quote from Daivd:
Quote:
We had two coaches and two semi pro quarter backs on the beta team. The rest were, at least, very football savey. The feed back from them was the PDS was pretty much doing everything they expected.

Yes, there have to be some restrictions on some things because there is simply no way I can create encough code to handle every possible thing everyone would like.

I have big plans for the PDS. I won't go into them all now but I have a lot of things I want to do with it to improve it.

Ooooh, secret plans! And coaches on the beta team! If you don't like the game, it's the coaches fault.
Well, I think it is always a good idea to ask coaches and players for feedback about a game concerning their sport, but probably more in the game design stage than at the moment of BETA testing.

Now, for secret plans. I have no idea what he's thinking, but I seriously doubt that NFL coaches would be interested in this PDS and then tell their players to walk around like zombies, who for no reason fall over. "Sorry coach, I never learned to teleport tackle in college."
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:56 AM   #2853
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Using 'Big plans' is just a nice way of giving customers who purchased your inferior product some false hope that the developer is going to fix said inferior product.

By the time you've milked all these false claims to death, you chalk it up to meaning 'big plans' for the sequel they can purchase coming out at X time for another $40.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:57 AM   #2854
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
Ooooh, secret plans!

I can tell you from experience... NOTHING beats having a secret plan.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:04 AM   #2855
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
We had two coaches and two semi pro quarter backs on the beta team. The rest were, at least, very football savey. The feed back from them was the PDS was pretty much doing everything they expected.
Obviously, if you are only a quarter back, or are very football savey (as in gravy?) then your expectations aren't worth shit. Ergo, Maximum Football.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:38 AM   #2856
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
I can tell you from experience... NOTHING beats having a secret plan.

What about an EVIL PLAN?
Old 03-07-2006, 08:52 AM   #2857
Yossarian
High School Varsity

surely any GOOD evil plan would be considered a subset of a secret plan?
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:02 AM   #2858
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

That reminds me of the "evil plan" threads we used to have. I think Fritz started them.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:05 AM   #2859
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
That reminds me of the "evil plan" threads we used to have. I think Fritz started them.

And you think this was unintentional?
Old 03-07-2006, 09:37 AM   #2860
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution
Using 'Big plans' is just a nice way of giving customers who purchased your inferior product some false hope that the developer is going to fix said inferior product.

By the time you've milked all these false claims to death, you chalk it up to meaning 'big plans' for the sequel they can purchase coming out at X time for another $40.
Speaking of which ... has head-to-head play made it in OOTP yet?

Mostly kidding. I don't think OOTP is anywhere close to Max Football, but it's another feature that was promised by a game and never made it in. Arlie did the same thing with CAD -- promised features that he never made it into the game but did make it into his next version.

But, I would kill for a Max Football 2k7 if it's anywhere near as entertaining as Max Footballl 2001.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:40 AM   #2861
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
...But, I would kill for a Max Football 2k7 if it's anywhere near as entertaining as Max Footballl 2001.

Are we talking about the thread or the game? If you are talking about the game (because you purchased it), then you are one sick man. If you are talking about the thread, then I am eagly awaiting the next version as well.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:25 AM   #2862
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

I wonder how bad the relationship is between Matrixgames and Daivd. Just look at this exchange. The message had already been up for two hours when he responded. Why not contact someone at Matrixgames to be sure (it took a whopping 48 more minutes) as opposed to continuing to create the impression that the two entities are not communicating???

Fixes/Patches - 3/5/2006 11:31:40 AM
football man
Matrix Recruit

I'm wondering if one of the mods can tell me if the fixes David works on will be built into the game on disc for physical shipment or if they will have to be downloaded seperately from the web?

Report | Post #: 1
RE: Fixes/Patches - 3/5/2006 1:23:30 PM
David Winter
Matrix Elite Guard

All fixes and patches will be done via download.

I will have to defer to Matrix to tell you what/when updated versions get on to the physical CD. I don't know how often they produce new disks..

David

(in reply to football man)
Report | Post #: 2
RE: Fixes/Patches - 3/5/2006 2:11:27 PM
Erik Rutins
Administrator

football man,

The updates will all be available here for download. The initial physical copies will be the same as the release version. In general, whenever we update the full version available through the store, the physical copies are updated within a week or two after that to the same version.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development and Business Relations

(in reply to David Winter)
Report | Post #: 3
Old 03-07-2006, 10:30 AM   #2863
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
I wonder how bad the relationship is between Matrixgames and Daivd. Just look at this exchange. The message had already been up for two hours when he responded. Why not contact someone at Matrixgames to be sure (it took a whopping 48 more minutes) as opposed to continuing to create the impression that the two entities are not communicating???
Actually, that's a quite reasonable response. He's not burning the CDs. Frankly, the original question was stupid: the game went Gold, they're already pressing CDs. Any updates from here on out are going up for download. Now, you tend to do runs of CDs, so a second printing could possibly include any fixes added since the original printing. But again, that'll be more up to Matrix I assume.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:31 AM   #2864
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

He just seems to be that kind of person. There are a few of these in every company, the kind that you send an email to, asking a valid question. Thing is, there were other persons to which the question was addressed and somebody else answered the question before he got to read his emails and he sends an almost identical (and very often not identical at all but almost opposite) without consulting anybody else, or even reading if he had an answer from somebody else in his inbox...

I have a hard time dealing with this kind of people...

FM
Old 03-07-2006, 10:32 AM   #2865
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
Actually, that's a quite reasonable response. He's not burning the CDs. Frankly, the original question was stupid: the game went Gold, they're already pressing CDs. Any updates from here on out are going up for download. Now, you tend to do runs of CDs, so a second printing could possibly include any fixes added since the original printing. But again, that'll be more up to Matrix I assume.
It just seems like bad business to not present a united front.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:33 AM   #2866
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

what SD is asking is "why not fire an email to Erik and ask him the question?" or not say anything at all instead of feeding the "controversy" that they are not speaking at all...

FM
Old 03-07-2006, 10:36 AM   #2867
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
It just seems like bad business to not present a united front.

which is how Daivd has kinda presented himself for a little while now, to my eyes at least.

FM
Old 03-07-2006, 10:40 AM   #2868
Arctus
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

I thought the same thing when I read it. Daivd shot out a timely response to the part of the question he could answer, and deferred to Matrix on the part that he couldn't.
Arctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:39 PM   #2869
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctus
I thought the same thing when I read it. Daivd shot out a timely response to the part of the question he could answer, and deferred to Matrix on the part that he couldn't.

But as already said, that looks like they don't communicate. If I'm asked something by a client and I only know part of the answer, I find out the whole answer and then respond. I don't respond with part of an answer and tell them so and so will answer the rest of question.

I understand that he didn't know the whole answer, but by responding the way it did it looks unprofessional (which is par for the course).
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:18 PM   #2870
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
But as already said, that looks like they don't communicate. If I'm asked something by a client and I only know part of the answer, I find out the whole answer and then respond. I don't respond with part of an answer and tell them so and so will answer the rest of question.

I understand that he didn't know the whole answer, but by responding the way it did it looks unprofessional (which is par for the course).
He was simply pointing out that Matrix does the disks and has control over what precisely goes on them. They have a publisher / developer relationship, and he's just letting people know that the publisher handles this bit.

To me, it's a non-issue and only becomes an issue if you're digging for more dirt. Or if you will, there are about 10 truckloads of fill sitting out there and you guys are adding another teaspoonful on top of it. Without those other 10 truckloads, you wouldn't even notice that teaspoon sitting there.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:32 PM   #2871
Aardvark
Mascot

According to the Matrix site, it is now actually available.
Aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:37 PM   #2872
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
He was simply pointing out that Matrix does the disks and has control over what precisely goes on them. They have a publisher / developer relationship, and he's just letting people know that the publisher handles this bit.

To me, it's a non-issue and only becomes an issue if you're digging for more dirt. Or if you will, there are about 10 truckloads of fill sitting out there and you guys are adding another teaspoonful on top of it. Without those other 10 truckloads, you wouldn't even notice that teaspoon sitting there.

It's definitely a minor issue, but it's still not the optimum way to communicate with your customers and considering his track record to this point if I were him I'd be trying to do things as professionally as possible. It already looks like there's a lack of communication between DW and Matrix. Adding (even a little) to that image is just stupid IMO.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:38 PM   #2873
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Poor MF.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:03 PM   #2874
st.cronin
General Manager

For the curious: I was reading A.J. Toynbee today, and found him claim the Greek word 'hubris' meant 'self-centeredness.'

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:18 PM   #2875
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz

It's strange, though. In some bizarre manner, this thread has inspired me. I started to learn to program about a year and half ago, and started to try my hand at creating a simple text-sim. After a while I sort of stopped working on it, and the plan fizzled into nothing productive. I have no idea how this has happened, but for some strange reason, after following this release I have a stronge urge to get back to work on that. Go figure.

Awesome news, I enjoyed your programming dynasty, hope you'll fire it back up soon.
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:44 AM   #2876
Butter
Coordinator

Sad to see that the game is SO bad that people actually can't have fun making fun of it... but I can understand since there's no way in hell I would spend $40 on such a messed up game. This is the one area I felt where a thorough bashing would have been in order, if they actually released this game in such a bad state.

I guess all the funny was just used up the last 2 weeks.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:08 AM   #2877
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69
Sad to see that the game is SO bad that people actually can't have fun making fun of it... but I can understand since there's no way in hell I would spend $40 on such a messed up game. This is the one area I felt where a thorough bashing would have been in order, if they actually released this game in such a bad state.

I guess all the funny was just used up the last 2 weeks.

I think now that people actually purchased the game, I feel bad for the ones who may have stumbled across this sports game thinking it may have been the same quality of Puresim Baseball. I don't necessarily feel bad for the fan boys, since they are still looking for a positive spin on why they spent $40 for a broken game, but you can even see the problems are wearing them down as well.

And to some extent, I agree with SkyDog and FrogMan that there seems to be some tension between Erik and David. Although SkyDog shown one post that looks fairly harmless, there is a number of other posts that give a similar tone, before and after the game was released.

Last edited by Antmeister : 03-08-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:26 AM   #2878
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

*sweeps the floor and turns the light out*
Old 03-08-2006, 10:27 AM   #2879
Ben E Lou

At least it beat the werewolf threads in terms of post count.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:31 AM   #2880
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Ok....wait before you turn the lights out. There is one poster that is off the wall. You have to read his posts, because they make absolutely no sense and he is confusing the hell out of the support staff at Matrix. He is known as GWsFBAStartOct292006, so that should already give you an indication, but this thread had me in tears for some strange reason.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1080020

Last edited by Antmeister : 03-08-2006 at 11:03 AM. Reason: changed "post" to "posts"
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:38 AM   #2881
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Ok....wait before you turn the lights out. There is one poster that is off the wall. You have to read his post, because they make absolutely no sense and he is confusing the hell out of the support staff at Matrix. He is known as GWsFBAStartOct292006, so that should already give you an indication, but this thread had me in tears for some strange reason.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1080020

good find Ant,

please somebody explain me this post:
RE: uninstall The Maximum FootBall Game the second time... - 3/8/2006 1:42:35 PM
GWsFBAStartOct292006
Matrix Trooper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magnum357

Oh... ok. I didn't know that. When he says "Companies" I thought he was some sort of small buisness owner trying to play the game. I guess "Companies" are his word of saying "leagues".
No, you guiys are all off a little, but very important differences.

The FootBall Association (try to put in everything in real FootBall, I view as positive). Later on in The G.W.'sF.B.A.'s Development be played in a safe Internet environment. For years playing in Kendall & Coral Gables, Miami, Fl. - Florida City, Miami, Fl. Multiplayer Centers. After the first-two-years, visit the west coast and other states, to play in other states' multiplayer centers to play, each year's The G.W.'sF.B.A.'s 1-99 PreSeason Tournament Games, not the game's 5-preSeason Games.

Only ONE-version of The FootBall Association spread-out through all states, with those states' teams/programs/franchises. As even as possible amount of teams/programs/franchises in each (I have already created the teams/programs/franchises).

Rejected already by some CFB Programs for licensing, I am thinking of just not purchasing licensing right off the bat, and later when they come around purchase the all licensing of Teams/Programs/Franchises. Have exteremly close teams/programs/franchises to the real versions.

Main part (never affected by the other parts) FootBall Gaming, Other Parts (in Order of Importance): Education/Exposure, Personal Development of Communities and their citzens/Bringing Generations/Families Together, Develop Young FootBall Players and Coaches. Thus, higher interns/employees who are in Education, real FootBall (expect if doing wrong-ei CFB Programs and players, especially Florida International University - I have inside knowledge).

< Message edited by GWsFBAStartOct292006 -- 3/8/2006 3:43:53 PM >
Old 03-08-2006, 10:41 AM   #2882
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

My favorite part, of course, is "< Message edited by GWsFBAStartOct292006 -- 3/8/2006 3:43:53 PM > "

Thanks for editing that to make it clearer, GWsFBAStartOct292006.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:43 AM   #2883
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
good find Ant,

please somebody explain me this post:
RE: uninstall The Maximum FootBall Game the second time... - 3/8/2006 1:42:35 PM
GWsFBAStartOct292006
Matrix Trooper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magnum357

Oh... ok. I didn't know that. When he says "Companies" I thought he was some sort of small buisness owner trying to play the game. I guess "Companies" are his word of saying "leagues".
No, you guiys are all off a little, but very important differences.

The FootBall Association (try to put in everything in real FootBall, I view as positive). Later on in The G.W.'sF.B.A.'s Development be played in a safe Internet environment. For years playing in Kendall & Coral Gables, Miami, Fl. - Florida City, Miami, Fl. Multiplayer Centers. After the first-two-years, visit the west coast and other states, to play in other states' multiplayer centers to play, each year's The G.W.'sF.B.A.'s 1-99 PreSeason Tournament Games, not the game's 5-preSeason Games.

Only ONE-version of The FootBall Association spread-out through all states, with those states' teams/programs/franchises. As even as possible amount of teams/programs/franchises in each (I have already created the teams/programs/franchises).

Rejected already by some CFB Programs for licensing, I am thinking of just not purchasing licensing right off the bat, and later when they come around purchase the all licensing of Teams/Programs/Franchises. Have exteremly close teams/programs/franchises to the real versions.

Main part (never affected by the other parts) FootBall Gaming, Other Parts (in Order of Importance): Education/Exposure, Personal Development of Communities and their citzens/Bringing Generations/Families Together, Develop Young FootBall Players and Coaches. Thus, higher interns/employees who are in Education, real FootBall (expect if doing wrong-ei CFB Programs and players, especially Florida International University - I have inside knowledge).

< Message edited by GWsFBAStartOct292006 -- 3/8/2006 3:43:53 PM >

That is the post that had me crying. I kept imagining the support staff looking at one another wondering how to respond to this professionally.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:44 AM   #2884
JeeberD
General Manager

Soooo...he's trying to create some sort of MP football business using someone elses program? And he expects to be able to purchase NCAA licenses?

Yeah, that's gonna happen.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:47 AM   #2885
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Soooo...he's trying to create some sort of MP football business using someone elses program? And he expects to be able to purchase NCAA licenses?

Yeah, that's gonna happen.

Well, he looks like a smooth talker so you never know...
Old 03-08-2006, 10:50 AM   #2886
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
My favorite part, of course, is "< Message edited by GWsFBAStartOct292006 -- 3/8/2006 3:43:53 PM > "

Thanks for editing that to make it clearer, GWsFBAStartOct292006.

I actually think it was the other way around. He first made a very sensible post, very clear, then realized "Damn, people will understand what I'm talking about", only then went and rearranged verbs around to screw with our heads...

FM
Old 03-08-2006, 10:51 AM   #2887
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
Well, he looks like a smooth talker so you never know...

yeah, especially if he talks in red all the time like that...

FM
Old 03-08-2006, 10:53 AM   #2888
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
*sweeps the floor and turns the light out*
You were turning out the lights when you noticed a dishevled guy sitting in a dark corner by himself, mumbling to no one in particular about his "companies." You decided to investigate . . .

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 03-08-2006 at 10:54 AM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:55 AM   #2889
Antmeister
Pro Starter

More confusing messages in these threads as well:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1078953
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1081916

Where do these people come from?
Old 03-08-2006, 10:56 AM   #2890
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
You were turning out the lights when you noticed a dishevled guy sitting in a dark corner by himself, mumbling to no one in particular about his "companies." You decided to investigate . . .

LOL....nice.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:57 AM   #2891
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
yeah, especially if he talks in red all the time like that...

FM

Loren?!?!?!

Old 03-08-2006, 10:58 AM   #2892
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
TALK TO MAN IN CORNER
Old 03-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #2893
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
More confusing messages in these threads as well:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1078953
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1081916

Where do these people come from?

the start of that second thread:
Mr. Winter,.. I am very sorry, Mr. Winter. - 3/8/2006 2:50:34 PM
GWsFBAStartOct292006
Matrix Trooper

Mr. Winter in all due respect, why treat the customers in that way, by partly titling a forum suggestions?

If you or another employee was not going to read that forum?

Let me be blunt, if you are going to do the above and what is implied by your posted thread there that you are not going stretch your game to do what the customers want, then you become no better than teasing to become something better than what is out there. I understand that given this is the first-version that there probably a ton of bugs and you need to make sure they are fixed; however, there are bugs and then there are bugs in completing the direction of the game and some improvements are doable. I could list them here but I will list them under The Maximum FootBall's 'Maximum Football FAQ and Feature List' thread.

I am going to leave this post up to remind me to be more careful and do not make the same mistake. Like an idoit! Focus!

I am very sorry, Mr. Winter.

< Message edited by GWsFBAStartOct292006 -- 3/8/2006 3:32:24 PM >

and no, I have not boosted the font size, it was posted that way over there...

FM
Old 03-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #2894
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:

Quote:
I am going to leave this post up to remind me to be more careful and do not make the same mistake. Like an idoit! Focus![:@]

I am very sorry, Mr. Winter.[&o]

Too perfect...

Edit: Dammit, beaten by the Frog...

Last edited by JeeberD : 03-08-2006 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:01 AM   #2895
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And some people thought this thread was dead.
Pish tosh I say.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:01 AM   #2896
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
TALK TO MAN IN CORNER

If it was on my Commodore 64, I belive I could only type a verb and a noun, so I would type:

TALK LUNATIC

Old 03-08-2006, 11:04 AM   #2897
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Too perfect...

Edit: Dammit, beaten by the Frog...

and I'm dang honored to have been able to do so

FM
Old 03-08-2006, 11:09 AM   #2898
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

that guy is really hilarious... more from that second thread:
RE: Mr. Winter, - 3/8/2006 3:29:46 PM
GWsFBAStartOct292006
Matrix Trooper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

GWsFBA,

I'm not sure I understand your complaint. David posted that he does in fact read the suggestions forum. However, our first priority is fixing issues with the game before we move on to add any new features.

Regards,

- Erik

BLANK!

Thanks for correcting me, totally misread it. Always have a lot going on right now (Radio, my company and this message boards)

Than I have no problem, except is this really Mr. Winter? Is it since he is not a Matrix employee (Maybe) that he does not have an official avatar to separate himself?

HAHAHAH! "Always have a lot going on right now"

FM
Old 03-08-2006, 11:11 AM   #2899
JeeberD
General Manager

And then we have this thread from him...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1081063

Old 03-08-2006, 11:11 AM   #2900
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
HAHAHAH! "Always have a lot going on right now"

FM

Evidently he has a lot of radio listening to do.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote