Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #2801
MikeVic
Head Coach

It would have to be a great deal for Halladay for me to not hate J.P.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #2802
lungs
Pro Rookie

You all like your Canadian players in Canada? The Brewers have plenty of Canadians in the system including two pretty good prospects (Brett Lawrie could probably be called almost blue chip). Taylor Green also being a pretty darn good 3rd base prospect.

I'm guessing any talks would have to start with Alcides Escobar, as much as that makes me cringe. I'd rather send JJ Hardy, but 6 years of Escobar is probably more valuable than 1.5 years of JJ Hardy
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:25 PM   #2803
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Fielder will soon be overpriced and should be traded, but now is probably not the right time to do it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #2804
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Fielder will soon be overpriced and should be traded, but now is probably not the right time to do it.

He signed a two year contract before the season that is pretty reasonable. He'll have one year of arbitration left after this contract is up. No big hurry there. Now is definitely not the time.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #2805
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
When a PTBNL is included in a deal, both teams agree on a list of players that the receiving team will be able to select from down the road. So it won't matter how Freel performs.
Not quite. Sometimes teams will have different "pools" of a couple players, and depending on the performance or games played/started of Freel in this case, that team would get the option of picking between a different level of prospect.

It is doubtful that Freel's performance will matter, but if he ends up being a starter for the rest of the year it could be along the lines of a B-/C+ prospect instead of complete filler.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 07-07-2009 at 05:50 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #2806
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
It would have to be a great deal for Halladay for me to not hate J.P.

they said on sports center that the price is "total of 5-6 prospects including the top 2 in your system, one of whom is preferably a pitcher that Toronto could control for several more years."

with $22m due to him before the end of next year that's a steep price and i don't think he gets dealt
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #2807
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Dear JP:

Fuck you.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #2808
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
they said on sports center that the price is "total of 5-6 prospects including the top 2 in your system, one of whom is preferably a pitcher that Toronto could control for several more years."

with $22m due to him before the end of next year that's a steep price and i don't think he gets dealt

There's no way.

Teams value their prospects way to much to see a deal like that happen. I can see 3-4 prospects with one of them being an elite prospect happening, but that's about it. People as stupid as Bill Bavasi are rare and its even more rare that their team actually has prospects worth trading. JP should just ask for eleventy billion dollars.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #2809
miami_fan
Coordinator

And the winner of the "Martin Gramatica Celebration" Award goes to.......

Ryan Demspter

Chicago Cubs send Ryan Dempster to 15-day disabled list - ESPN Chicago

Quote:
CHICAGO -- Just when the Chicago Cubs figured they were getting healthy, a freak accident landed right-hander Ryan Dempster on the disabled list with a fracture of his big right toe. He could be out for up to a month.

Dempster was hopping over the dugout railing to go on the field and celebrate Sunday's victory over the Milwaukee Brewers when he caught his back leg on the railing and landed hard, injuring his toe. An X-ray taken Tuesday revealed the non-displaced fracture.

"It's not pretty. It's pretty ugly right now," Dempster said.

Dempster had been scheduled to pitch Tuesday night against Atlanta and said he hoped he would only miss three starts, including one after the All-Star break.

But manager Lou Piniella said that was an optimistic view and that after talking with trainer Mark O'Neal, Dempster could miss up to three weeks and maybe a month.

"I was coming out of the dugout, stepping over the top of the railing there, sitting up on the ledge, and caught my left foot on the rail as I was coming over and it spun me around and slammed me into the ground," Dempster said.

"When I did it, I thought I just ripped my nail back on my foot. ... My foot I guess just the way it hit came down straight into the ground."

Dempster had planned to numb up his toe and make the start Tuesday, but decided to get an X-ray to make sure everything was OK.

"You never want to do anything like this," said Dempster, a 17-game winner last season.

"It's a weird thing. Three days before that I took a ball off the shin and kick-saved one to myself. And I took a ball off my face in batting practice, off the cage, and I was just fine. And then something as simple as that happens and I put myself on the DL."

The Cubs recalled right-hander Kevin Hart from Triple-A Iowa, one day after he'd been optioned back to the minors, and plan to put him in the rotation. He'll start Wednesday against the Braves.

Carlos Zambrano, on three days rest, made the start Tuesday night in Dempster's place.

"We were healthy for a day," Piniella said. On Monday, the Cubs had activated Aramis Ramirez, Reed Johnson and Angel Guzman off the disabled list. And now they've put one of their most reliable pitchers right back on.

"Dempster is sick about this and so am I," Pinella said. "It's something you never expect to happen. Just a freak thing."

Dempster is 5-5 with a 4.09 ERA in 17 starts for the Cubs this season. He made the switch back to starter last season after being the Cubs' closer for three years. He went 17-6 with a 2.96 ERA in 33 starts and was picked for the All-Star team in 2008.

Now he's got to get treatment and stay in shape. He'll have another X-ray right after the All-Star break.

"I was just going out to celebrate the win," he said. "It's unfortunate, but at the same time, it's a small little injury. Hopefully the time will be minimal and I'll be back and ready to go."

"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #2810
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
There's no way.

Teams value their prospects way to much to see a deal like that happen. I can see 3-4 prospects with one of them being an elite prospect happening, but that's about it. People as stupid as Bill Bavasi are rare and its even more rare that their team actually has prospects worth trading. JP should just ask for eleventy billion dollars.

that was my thought too, but it was whoever sportscenter's big baseball guy is (might have been olney, maybe one of the others...was only half-listening to the intro bit). and it was "word out of toronto is..." so it's not like that was just hypothesizing
Old 07-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #2811
miked
College Starter

Seems like the Sox would be a good fit. Dice-K sucks, Smoltz sucks, Wakefield is average, and if they're going to let Bucholz rot in AAA, they might as well package him with a few others to get Halladay.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:37 PM   #2812
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Gotta love asking your hottest hitter to sac bunt.

Oh wait. No, you don't gotta love that at all.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:15 PM   #2813
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

At least they gave Vazquez enough run support tonight.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #2814
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Gotta love asking your hottest hitter to sac bunt.

Oh wait. No, you don't gotta love that at all.

That's Dusty for you.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #2815
Ksyrup

I really don't think the Halladay thing is that much news. Unless they do a deal that suggests otherwise, they aren't trading Halladay unless they get half a farm system in return. So yeah, they would listen to offers and consider trading him, but only if you pay such a steep price that JP would be stupid NOT to take it. There are probably a half-dozen REAL untouchables in MLB right now that the same thing JP said today would not apply to, no matter the offer. Everyone else is available for a price, even if that price is ridiculously and prohibitively high.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #2816
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
I really don't think the Halladay thing is that much news. Unless they do a deal that suggests otherwise, they aren't trading Halladay unless they get half a farm system in return. So yeah, they would listen to offers and consider trading him, but only if you pay such a steep price that JP would be stupid NOT to take it. There are probably a half-dozen REAL untouchables in MLB right now that the same thing JP said today would not apply to, no matter the offer. Everyone else is available for a price, even if that price is ridiculously and prohibitively high.

That leads me to the question, who are the absolute untouchables in baseball today?

Pujols is obviously #1 on the list. Tim Linecum is probably on that list. Justin Morneau (after signing his new deal) is probably on that list. Miguel Cabrera is probably on that list. Dustin Pedroia is probably on that list.

I am having a hard time off the top of my head trying to think who is absolutely untouchable.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:52 PM   #2817
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Mauer?
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:04 AM   #2818
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
That leads me to the question, who are the absolute untouchables in baseball today?

Pujols is obviously #1 on the list. Tim Linecum is probably on that list. Justin Morneau (after signing his new deal) is probably on that list. Miguel Cabrera is probably on that list. Dustin Pedroia is probably on that list.

I am having a hard time off the top of my head trying to think who is absolutely untouchable.

I seriously doubt the Wilpons would let David Wright go for anything, including Pujols.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:21 AM   #2819
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

I think the list is:

1. Pujols
2. Lincecum
3. Jeter/Mariano (not in terms of value - in terms of the Yankees actually trading him)
4. Wright
5. Dan Haren (The D-Backs have him signed cheaply for 6 years; not going to happen)
Old 07-08-2009, 01:45 AM   #2820
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Mauer-connection to region, position, skill level
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:07 AM   #2821
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Obviously Toronto needs to hold out for value, but I can't see them getting that much in return for 16 months of a guy.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:59 AM   #2822
lungs
Pro Rookie

Ryan Braun is untouchable unless another untouchable is had in return.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #2823
Ksyrup

Yeah, young guys - especially pitchers - locked into good deals are probably untouchable. I'd definitely add Longoria to the list.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #2824
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Yea I knew I forgot a few. I would say there are probably 10 to 12 truly untouchables.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #2825
Ksyrup

I know it wouldn't happen - because it would look like a salary dump and no team would be stupid enough to do it - but if the Jays are really intent on trading Halladay and can't find anyone to give them the top-shelf talent they want, why not try packaging him with Vernon Wells? I can't believe the ridiculousness of the contract they gave him. It's basically structured like an NFL contract (goes from like $12M in 2010 to $23M in 2011), except they can't just cut him and not pay. Getting out from underneath that contract might be worth more than several guys who, if they become stars early on, are going to need to be paid at the same time Wells is going to be taking up around $20-$23M of salary for 4 straight years.

I doubt they could sell it to fans, and no team would do it, but I'd consider at least floating the idea if teams aren't willing to give up what they want.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #2826
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
and no team would do it

I think this is the main part. I can't really think of a team, possibly excluding the Yankees, who would consider this.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #2827
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
You all like your Canadian players in Canada? The Brewers have plenty of Canadians in the system including two pretty good prospects (Brett Lawrie could probably be called almost blue chip). Taylor Green also being a pretty darn good 3rd base prospect.

I'm guessing any talks would have to start with Alcides Escobar, as much as that makes me cringe. I'd rather send JJ Hardy, but 6 years of Escobar is probably more valuable than 1.5 years of JJ Hardy

Lawrie can rake.

He looked a bit shaky with the glove when I saw him against the Timber Rattlers a week or two ago, though. He made...what was it, three errors?

In a game where his starting pitcher took a no-hitter into the 7th or 8th inning, and the Rattlers rallied for a 9th inning victory.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #2828
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Lawrie can rake.

He looked a bit shaky with the glove when I saw him against the Timber Rattlers a week or two ago, though. He made...what was it, three errors?

In a game where his starting pitcher took a no-hitter into the 7th or 8th inning, and the Rattlers rallied for a 9th inning victory.

Did you happen to see Wily Peralta pitch? He's going to be a good pitcher.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #2829
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

I think Halladay is a good enough pitcher that you could still get a great package for him a year from now as a rental, and it will probably be only slightly worse than what you get for him today with 1.5 years on his deal. We all know Toronto isn't getting six guys back for him. Maybe today they can net one A+ prospect, an A- prospect, and 2 Bs...but next year they can probably get that one A+ guy plus the 2 Bs.

If I'm Toronto and have to deal with my fanbase, that one extra really good prospect is worth taking one last shot with Halladay at the helm in 2010 plus not alienating my revenue stream.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #2830
DeToxRox
Head Coach

So I am sure a lot of you know that Magglio Ordonez sucks this season and has benchmarks in his contract that make him 18 mil next year. They are 135 games played or 560 AB (I believe that's the #)

At one point Magglio was benched for a few days to clear his head which Boras was pissed about, and now, Magglio is being platooned, only playing vs lefties. He has at I believe 250 - 260 AB right now, but if he plays just vs lefties for even a month he is probably not going to hit his triggers, and hell, even then if he is close he still will probably be cut by August if he isn't producing.

Anyway, except some drama from Detroit in the coming months. This is gonna be a fun, fun ride with Boras and Leyland.

I think Detroit is smart; see if he can do anything at all before you cut him for good. If he picks it up and becomes a legit middle of the order player like he was last year, then fine, bite the bullet for next year if you can win the AL Central. If you can win the AL Central without him, then obviously you cut him loose, and if you're not going to win, it's a no brainer.

However it goes, it'll be ugly though.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #2831
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Here's a trade, the Cardinals farm club for Halladay.

WS here we come baby!

I drool thinking of this rotation:

Carpenter
Halladay
Wainwright
Lohse
Piniero
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #2832
Atocep
Coordinator

Its nice to see that the knee injury didn't mess with Ollie's pin-point control.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:44 PM   #2833
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So last year, (Ervin) Santana was naturally throwing in the mid-90s. This season, after his arm issues, he's throwing 92-93. Everyone's saying he's pitching great, no pain all the confidence. But he's getting smacked around...again! Look, don't BS a BSer, ya know? I don't want to see Ervin out there unless his fastball's hitting the speed it's supposed to be hitting--or someone at least acknowledge he's not the same pitcher right now that he was last year.

We really need to pursue these SP options that are out there. Lackey has been hit or miss, see above on Santana, Saunders has over a 5.00 ERA over the last two months, and Escobar is pretty much done for the season.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #2834
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
So last year, (Ervin) Santana was naturally throwing in the mid-90s. This season, after his arm issues, he's throwing 92-93. Everyone's saying he's pitching great, no pain all the confidence. But he's getting smacked around...again! Look, don't BS a BSer, ya know? I don't want to see Ervin out there unless his fastball's hitting the speed it's supposed to be hitting--or someone at least acknowledge he's not the same pitcher right now that he was last year.

We really need to pursue these SP options that are out there. Lackey has been hit or miss, see above on Santana, Saunders has over a 5.00 ERA over the last two months, and Escobar is pretty much done for the season.

From what Will Carroll was saying in spring training its just a matter of time before he has to be shut down for Tommy John surgery. He's pitching through the same injury Liriano tried to pitch through (difference being his elbow gave out in the 1st start after rehab). It comes down to when the ligament gives out. I can only assume the Angels are doing it because of the other injury problems they've had this season because I'd rather have him healthy for a full season next year than give me a bad year this year (or however long he makes it) and then have to shut him down for most, if not all, of next season.

It sucks to see. He pitched lights out last season and looked like he was ready to be a cy young candidate for the next several years.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:44 PM   #2835
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Lawrie can rake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Did you happen to see Wily Peralta pitch? He's going to be a good pitcher.

I'm actually wrong. It wasn't Lawrie I was thinking of. It was Josh Vitters I was describing above. Lawrie can rake, too, but he appears to be a better defender than Vitters.

Both of those guys are going to be good major league hitters.

Peralta started that game for Appleton, and yeah, he's incredible. He went pitch for pitch with Peoria's Christopher Archer for the first 3-4 innings. He ended up giving up two hits. Archer didn't allow any, as it turns out; the guy who gave up the first hit of the game was a reliever who came in in the 6th (but I think he gave up his first hit in the 7th).
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:04 AM   #2836
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
So I am sure a lot of you know that Magglio Ordonez sucks this season and has benchmarks in his contract that make him 18 mil next year. They are 135 games played or 560 AB (I believe that's the #)

At one point Magglio was benched for a few days to clear his head which Boras was pissed about, and now, Magglio is being platooned, only playing vs lefties. He has at I believe 250 - 260 AB right now, but if he plays just vs lefties for even a month he is probably not going to hit his triggers, and hell, even then if he is close he still will probably be cut by August if he isn't producing.

Anyway, except some drama from Detroit in the coming months. This is gonna be a fun, fun ride with Boras and Leyland.

I think Detroit is smart; see if he can do anything at all before you cut him for good. If he picks it up and becomes a legit middle of the order player like he was last year, then fine, bite the bullet for next year if you can win the AL Central. If you can win the AL Central without him, then obviously you cut him loose, and if you're not going to win, it's a no brainer.

However it goes, it'll be ugly though.

The pirates have a similar drama with Freddy Sanchez. He's producing and is an all star. But he has an 8m vesting option with 600 plate appearences. 8m isn't horrible for a producing player, but you're talking pirate dollars and that's approx 14% of the payroll budget for the year.

I think it's pretty unavoidable he will trigger the option, which is unfortunate since they really would be better off spending that money on the draft and latin america.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:20 AM   #2837
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

11 wins for wakefield
Old 07-09-2009, 06:59 AM   #2838
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
11 wins for wakefield

Never has their been a better demonstration of how relatively meaningless wins are in determining how good a pitcher is. 4.31 ERA with 6.6(!) runs scored per game in support. Tip your hat to the Boston offense for 11 wins, not Tim Wakefield.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:12 AM   #2839
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
The pirates have a similar drama with Freddy Sanchez. He's producing and is an all star.

Then it's not similar. Ordonez sucks this year, and regardless of what Boras says, it is entirely appropriate for the Tigers to sit him. Actually, instead of platooning him and making him barely miss his incentives, they could just cut him and achieve the same thing, and there's not a thing Boras could do about it. He no longer hits for power and isn't that great in the OF. He's a sunk cost, and one you don't want to pay next year (when they'll still be paying Nate Robertson, Bonderman, and Dontrelle about $30M+, I think).
Old 07-09-2009, 07:19 AM   #2840
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Never has their been a better demonstration of how relatively meaningless wins are in determining how good a pitcher is. 4.31 ERA with 6.6(!) runs scored per game in support. Tip your hat to the Boston offense for 11 wins, not Tim Wakefield.

Well, to be fair, he did manage to scatter 10 hits in 6 innings while only allowing 3 runs. That's hard to do for a Boston pitcher not named Beckett these days

Or you can thank their ridiculous pen where the highest ERA is like 3.50 or something.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:11 AM   #2841
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Awesome play by Daniel Murphy last night, even if the runner might have been safe. Maybe the best I've seen all season.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:35 AM   #2842
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, that defensive play was top notch. I couldn't believe Murphy made that play.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:38 AM   #2843
Ksyrup

LOL Andruw matched last year's HR total (and probably nearly matched his hit total!) in one game last night. LA really should have some sort of recourse against a guy who was that out of shape and completely shit the bed last year.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-09-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:46 AM   #2844
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Andruw has a higher OPS than any other Braves starter.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #2845
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Yeah, that defensive play was top notch. I couldn't believe Murphy made that play.

Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | LAD@NYM: Murphy makes a heads-up flip for the out - Video | MLB.com: Multimedia

Warning, they inexplicably show Joe Torre running forever.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #2846
kingfc22
Head Coach

Lincecum making his final push to start the All-Star game tonight. So far so good.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #2847
kingfc22
Head Coach

Bah! No-hitter broken up in the top of the 7th.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:08 PM   #2848
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Another yuck outing by Mike Gonzalez, with a walk, an HBP, and a pinch hit double by Garrett Atkins to give the Rockies an eventual 7-6 win over Atlanta, the Braves fourth loss in the last six games.

editing to revise stats from the AJC article "Gonzalez (3-2) has a 10.29 ERA and .308 opponents’ average in his past eight appearances, with eight hits, eight runs and four walks allowed in seven innings."

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-09-2009 at 11:14 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #2849
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Bah! No-hitter broken up in the top of the 7th.

That was an annoying fucking inning, but he clearly had lost it right there.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:17 PM   #2850
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
That was an annoying fucking inning, but he clearly had lost it right there.

Yep, once he gave up the hit it seemed like his focus was gone and the next thing you know the Pads put together a couple bloop hits and some walks for 3 runs.