Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #2801
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
Catching up on things. it appears that my big push over the weekend to try to get us to focus even further on missions did not end up resulting in much as there are no missions to go on for today.

Luckily other excitement seems to be occuring that I am trying to grasp. It seems that one of the following is true:

1) Somehow the rebels made multiple attacks last night? And attacked both Jean Grey and Firebird? Is that possible?

2) Only one of the two is telling the truth and the other is trying to distract us away for some reason? If so, which one? Firebird offers up a name, Jeangrey does not. Jeangrey was reported to having been killed in the morning writeup, there was no mention of Firebird.

Phoenix, can you tell us who attacked Jeangrey? Based on what Firebird has said, you should know your attacker. If not, then it helps go to the idea that one of the two is not necessarilly telling the entire truth.

Out of curiosity, when Firebird said Nightcrawler was bad, and Nightcrawler ended up good.. who was it that pronounced that based on the writeup Nightcrawler was obviously posessed but no longer was bad (thus the good listing in the death roster on page 1). I want to remember it was either Emma or Jean.. I just don't remember which.

I am not sure exactly which way is best to proceed today. I could possibly try to send the Phoenix into the negative zone today until we see what is up with Firebird/Beast today. However I would rather use the negative zone for sending someone to protect instead as subtle hints I have received have told me there might be some chance to explore the negative zone, and I don't want to risk sending the Phoenix if she is indeed bad.

A very cogent post, Reed. Thank you for your analysis.

To the bolded paragraph, I believe that was the now deceased Emma Frost.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:48 PM   #2802
Beast
n00b

I believe I may be able to somewhat demonstrate my alliegences, but I would like the presence of Our Lord Doom before I do so. I believe I can show whom I serve, not in my actions, but in a specific inaction.
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #2803
SilverSurfer
Mascot

I shall leave the Firebird/Beast conflict to resolve itself somewhat and shall go towards the person who acted strangest this day.

ATTACK QUICKSILVER
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #2804
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Doom is here.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #2805
Beast
n00b

My Lord Doom, please let me know when you have reached the present moment.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:04 PM   #2806
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

I have.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:11 PM   #2807
Beast
n00b

As it would appear that I will not survive this evening event, I wish to perform one last service to you.

I have refrained from doing so to this point, as there has not yet been a candidate that I consider suitable. Perhaps you are familiar with my history, and that it was I that saved mutant kind from the peril that was the Legacy Virus.

As such, I have retained the knowledge of how to reproduce the Virus. At your command, I will administer the virus to any individual whom you deem a threat to your reign. That person will be stripped of their powers for 24 hours, and will suffer a major loss of their vitality, bringing them to the brink of death.

To those who are choosing to destroy me, I pose the question to you all. If I had this power and were actually a traitor, why then would I not have utilized it on others loyal to Doom prior to this point. I refused to risk one of my fellow followers of Doom by incorrectly infecting them.

I am at your command Dr. Doom.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:16 PM   #2808
Mimic
High School JV

Can you do this during the day cycle before the lynch?
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:17 PM   #2809
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

I hesitate to thus command you, Beast. For one I do not know whether to trust your description of the effects of this virus. For another we do not have a clear candidate for it, as you say.

I will ponder on this and let others speak their thoughts. I will return shortly.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #2810
Punisher
High School JV

Beast, I'll buy that. I hope you don't prove me wrong.

REVOKE ATTACK ON BEAST

ATTACK QUICKSILVER
Old 10-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #2811
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Ghost Rider has chosen a new means of earthly conveyance and it is one that will Blaze Trails. Only appropriate that Ghost Rider rides in something that is blazing. I'm catching up...
Old 10-13-2008, 07:20 PM   #2812
Punisher
High School JV

Ghost Rider, we can add a bonus to our attack if you hit quicksilver now.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:20 PM   #2813
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

revoke attack on Beast

attack Quicksilver
Old 10-13-2008, 07:20 PM   #2814
Punisher
High School JV

Wait a sec, I've got my stories mixed up. It was Firebird and Beast.

UNATTACK QUICKSILVER
ATTACK FIREBIRD
Old 10-13-2008, 07:21 PM   #2815
Punisher
High School JV

Sorry, Ghostrider. I got mixed up.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:21 PM   #2816
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

That make sense Punisher, good call.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:21 PM   #2817
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

revoke Quiksilver attack

attack Firebird
Old 10-13-2008, 07:21 PM   #2818
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

It's in again, hehe. Thanks for the help Punisher.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:23 PM   #2819
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
To those who are choosing to destroy me, I pose the question to you all. If I had this power and were actually a traitor, why then would I not have utilized it on others loyal to Doom prior to this point.

Well, the easy answer is that you don't know who's loyal to Doom. We've seen that there's a SuperSkrull and a Herald in the game.

The harder answer is that maybe you were waiting until the right moment. Can you tell us more about this power? How much energy does it take? Can you use it on Galactus? Do you have a suggestion on whom to use it on?
Old 10-13-2008, 07:24 PM   #2820
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

If you all choose to change your attacks from Beast to Firebird we may never know the truth of her tale. If we kill her before nightfall we will not know if she truly had already died.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:25 PM   #2821
Cable
Mascot

Has anyone else picked up on the attack against Jean Grey?

There was a device used in the attack and commandos killed her. All of this points to some sort of special ability of Nick Fury. As the leader of SHIELD, he would have access to both.

Given the recent development with Beast, I am hesitant to kill him. If it was Nick Fury, then he is either a traitor or the Herald.

Maybe it is best served to have Beast use the virus against him, kill him and sort out the Beast situation tomorrow like folks have been talking about all day.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:27 PM   #2822
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
If you all choose to change your attacks from Beast to Firebird we may never know the truth of her tale. If we kill her before nightfall we will not know if she truly had already died.

This is a good point.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:29 PM   #2823
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

If indeed you were a traitor, Beast, and performed the attack on Firebird, I would have no reason to believe your words. If I chose to have you unleash this virus, how would I know it would not perform differently than you say, causing untold harm to my subjects, or helping the rebel cause somehow?
Old 10-13-2008, 07:29 PM   #2824
Beast
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
Well, the easy answer is that you don't know who's loyal to Doom. We've seen that there's a SuperSkrull and a Herald in the game.

The harder answer is that maybe you were waiting until the right moment. Can you tell us more about this power? How much energy does it take? Can you use it on Galactus? Do you have a suggestion on whom to use it on?

But if I were a traitor to Doom, why would I have not unleashed it on those that are loyal? Because I did not want to risk the lives of any of my teammates.

I release it with the expense of 6 energy, so I could have done so on any day prior to today.

I cannot use it against Galactus, as he is not a living being. It will not work on non-living beings, such as the planet eater, or even Vision.

I do not have a target of my own choice at this time, which is why I have consulted Lord Doom
Old 10-13-2008, 07:29 PM   #2825
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

There is a glitch in the Matrix.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:30 PM   #2826
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Doom must consult with the cosmos. He will return in 30 short minutes.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:33 PM   #2827
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Doom must consult with the cosmos. He will return in 30 short minutes.

That's a long time on the potty Doom.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:33 PM   #2828
Beast
n00b

Quote:
If indeed you were a traitor, Beast, and performed the attack on Firebird, I would have no reason to believe your words. If I chose to have you unleash this virus, how would I know it would not perform differently than you say, causing untold harm to my subjects, or helping the rebel cause somehow?

Unfortunately, I cannot give you anything but my word. There is no way to prove anything. However, I will suggest that my ability to deliver the Legacy Virus is logically more probably than Firebird's assertation that she is dead but is not actually dead.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:34 PM   #2829
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
DR. DOOM NAMES THE PHOENIX TO BE HIS SECOND PRELATE

ALL HAIL DOOM

Doom can name Phoenix, but not to fill the 2nd Prelate spot. Phoenix will be placed as 4th Prelate, with other Prelates moving up one rank.

Post #2 to be updated shortly to reflect this.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:34 PM   #2830
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
That's a long time on the potty Doom.

Give the man a break. He's got to relieve some stress while looking at the Latveria Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:35 PM   #2831
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
As it would appear that I will not survive this evening event, I wish to perform one last service to you.

I have refrained from doing so to this point, as there has not yet been a candidate that I consider suitable. Perhaps you are familiar with my history, and that it was I that saved mutant kind from the peril that was the Legacy Virus.

As such, I have retained the knowledge of how to reproduce the Virus. At your command, I will administer the virus to any individual whom you deem a threat to your reign. That person will be stripped of their powers for 24 hours, and will suffer a major loss of their vitality, bringing them to the brink of death.

To those who are choosing to destroy me, I pose the question to you all. If I had this power and were actually a traitor, why then would I not have utilized it on others loyal to Doom prior to this point. I refused to risk one of my fellow followers of Doom by incorrectly infecting them.

I am at your command Dr. Doom.

Very interesting. (and cool power if its true). Certainly fits the character, though I think several of us would have known it was you had you used it. I assume its a regular special action that you could not have used if you were on a mission correct? So you could have only used it yesterday since you were on missions the first three days. Which means you did something else last night.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:42 PM   #2832
Beast
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
Very interesting. (and cool power if its true). Certainly fits the character, though I think several of us would have known it was you had you used it. I assume its a regular special action that you could not have used if you were on a mission correct? So you could have only used it yesterday since you were on missions the first three days. Which means you did something else last night.

How many of our numbers asked leave from their duty to Doom to pursue personal discoveries and aims. I never once requested to not participate in a mission in order to further my personal agenda.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:47 PM   #2833
thephoenix
n00b

As Prelate I will be appointing someone to guard tonight. Since I mucked it up good last time, could I have suggestions as to who might be a good person to have guard me?
thephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:48 PM   #2834
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Unfortunately, I cannot give you anything but my word. There is no way to prove anything. However, I will suggest that my ability to deliver the Legacy Virus is logically more probably than Firebird's assertation that she is dead but is not actually dead.

Beast,

My only problem with this argument is that if Firebird is lying, she used the mods in her lie by saying she heard from them after the fact that she was really dead. I don't think any of us would involve the mods in our lies like that because that's pretty uncool. I don't suppose anybody asked the mods to verify it?

Your virus power sounds pretty legit I must admit, but I still feel we must know the truth between the two of you one way or another tonight rather than waiting a day to see what happens and let which ever one of you is the bad guy a chance to act over night.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #2835
Mimic
High School JV

The action for today:

Silver Samurai standard attacks Spider-Man (Post #2487)
Mimic standard attacks Iron Fist (Post #2514)
Firebird standard attacks Beast (Post #2524)
Punisher attacks Beast (Post #2532)
Kang standard attacks Beast (Post #2536)
Cable standard attacks Beast (Post #2552)
Quicksilver attacks Beast (Post #2553)
Cable withdraws attack on Beast (Post #2564)
Ghost Rider standard attacks Beast (Post #2582)
Beast responds to Firebird's claims (Post #2605)
Mimic revokes attack on Iron Fist, standard attacks Beast (Post #2607)
Cable standard attacks Beast (Post #2614)
Spider-Man standard attacks Beast (Post #2622)
Quicksilver steals Mr. Fantastic's device (Post #2666)
Spider-Man revokes attack on Beast, standard attacks Quicksilver (Post #2680)
Mr. Fantastic goes to the Negative Zone (Post #2699)
Magneto standard attacks Beast (Post #2701)
Scarlet Witch standard attacks Quicksilver (Post #2718)
Aardwolf attacks Quicksilver (Post #2742)
Henry Pym standard attacks Beast (Post #2744)
Dr. Doom orders Iron Fist to guard Doom (Post #2749)
Iron Fist standard attacks Beast (Post #2752)
Punisher revokes attack on Beast, throws grenade at Beast and Quicksilver (Post #2766)
Doom names Phoenix to be Second Prelate (Post #2768)
Phoenix standard attacks Firebird (Post #2777)
Hulk attacks Quicksilver (Post #2788)
Beast attacks Firebird (Post #2790)
Punisher cancels invalid grenade attack, attacks Beast (Post #2795)
Silver Surfer attacks Quicksilver (Post #2803)
Punisher revokes attack on Beast, attacks Quicksilver (Post #2810)
Ghost Rider revokes attack on Beast, attacks Quicksilver (Post #2813)
Punisher revokes attack on Quicksilver, attacks Firebird (Post #2814)
Ghost Rider revokes attack on Quicksilver, attacks Firebird (Post #2817)
hoops corrects Doom; Phoenix is Fourth Prelate (Post #2829)

Something to note: why did Firebird conduct a STANDARD attack if she's going to die tonight? Why not an all-out attack?
Old 10-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #2836
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephoenix View Post
As Prelate I will be appointing someone to guard tonight. Since I mucked it up good last time, could I have suggestions as to who might be a good person to have guard me?
I live to serve.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #2837
Punisher
High School JV

And to dole out punishment, but not necessarily in that order.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:52 PM   #2838
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I live to serve.

I don't think you'd be a useful guard; we would want our "questionable" people to guard since their night action would be taken up with it.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:52 PM   #2839
Beast
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
Beast,

My only problem with this argument is that if Firebird is lying, she used the mods in her lie by saying she heard from them after the fact that she was really dead. I don't think any of us would involve the mods in our lies like that because that's pretty uncool. I don't suppose anybody asked the mods to verify it?

Your virus power sounds pretty legit I must admit, but I still feel we must know the truth between the two of you one way or another tonight rather than waiting a day to see what happens and let which ever one of you is the bad guy a chance to act over night.

If one were to peruse the archives of the adventures of other heroes, attempting to root out the evil amongst them, one would find countless instances of evil claiming knowledge was betowed upon them by their particular Manipulator. In no instance did the Manipulator contradict these fallacious assertations.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:53 PM   #2840
thephoenix
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I live to serve.
Thank you. I like this idea.

Order Punisher to Guard ThePhoenix
thephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:54 PM   #2841
IronFist
n00b

Quote:
Spiderman
IronFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #2842
Mimic
High School JV

Current attack count:

Spider-Man: (1) Silver Samurai
Beast: (9) Firebird, Kang, Quicksilver, Mimic, Cable, Spider-Man, Magneto, Henry Pym, Iron Fist
Quicksilver: (4) Scarlet Witch, Aardwolf, Hulk, Silver Surfer
Firebird: (4) Phoenix, Beast, Punisher, Ghost Rider

Not attacking: Mr. Fantastic (can't), Vision, Nick Fury, Dr. Doom
Old 10-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #2843
Firebird
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
The action for today:

Punisher revokes attack on Beast, throws grenade at Beast and Quicksilver (Post #2766)

Something to note: why did Firebird conduct a STANDARD attack if she's going to die tonight? Why not an all-out attack?

I don;t have a special attack, I only have a special action which is not an attack. I can try to get visions to help us out for a mission.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #2844
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:

I'd have Iron Fist or Quicksilver guard. My two cents.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:59 PM   #2845
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
I don;t have a special attack, I only have a special action which is not an attack. I can try to get visions to help us out for a mission.

Noted. You're expending all of your energy on your standard attack, right?
Old 10-13-2008, 08:07 PM   #2846
Mimic
High School JV

Actions for today updated with Beast's apparent reveal of his power:

Beast reveals he has Legacy Virus Power (Post #2807)
Phoenix orders Punisher to guard Phoenix (Post #2840)
Old 10-13-2008, 08:08 PM   #2847
Mimic
High School JV

I'm not good at color coding so maybe Magneto can help me out...
Old 10-13-2008, 08:11 PM   #2848
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post
As the leader of SHIELD, I think Nick Fury would have access to a wide range of devices as well.

An excellent point, Cable.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:13 PM   #2849
Quicksilver
n00b

unatak beast. attack spiderman

Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:16 PM   #2850
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Beast, I can help you.

INVITE BEAST TO JOIN TEAM OF ALLEGIANCE TO SCARLET WITCH
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote