Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-20-2015, 07:35 PM   #2751
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

well finally figured out where I knew Noah from. My daughter is watching Let It Shine on Disney and viola! And his brother is on another Disney show she watches (Lab Rats). Probably not going to show her his work on Walking Dead for comparison
Old 02-21-2015, 03:12 AM   #2752
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Everybody Hates Chris maybe?

Last edited by stevew : 02-21-2015 at 03:12 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:11 PM   #2753
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm hoping ... if any group deserves a break for a while and some normalcy, its this group.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:25 PM   #2754
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

So I just got done binge watching the last three episodes and have a question n about the mid season premiere where tyreese dies. So during his hallucinations there were a few confusing things going on. The radio was playing either describing early chaos in the United States after the outbreak or in some third world country of groups going around burning villages. Is this was happened to the black kid with the bad legs subdivision? Also the governor kept alluding to Tyreese having some sort of past. Was he involved in something like this before he ran into the group?

Also I don't know that I would call it lazy writing because I think it is a topic that would be quite challenging if you were dealing with the zombie apocalypse but how is Rick the only one who has any trust issues after they were all in a concentration camp cattle car about to be eaten like a month ago?

Last edited by panerd : 02-23-2015 at 09:26 PM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:26 PM   #2755
kingfc22
Head Coach

I thought last night'so episode was by far the best of the second half. Curious to see what angle these two guys are playing as I'm with Rick. I don't trust these guys.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:27 PM   #2756
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Is this was happened to the black kid with the bad legs subdivision?

No, that was ... foreshadowing. What happened there will almost certainly be a part of future storyline.

Quote:
Also the governor kept alluding to Tyreese having some sort of past. Was he involved in something like this before he ran into the group?

I believe that referred to how Tyreese was pro-governor / anti-Rick initially.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:16 AM   #2757
WilleB
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Everybody Hates Chris maybe?

The kid Patrick who starts the flu outbreak at the Prison. Played Chris' best friend in that sitcom.
WilleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:58 AM   #2758
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilleB View Post
The kid Patrick who starts the flu outbreak at the Prison. Played Chris' best friend in that sitcom.

Noah is Chris from that show.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:57 AM   #2759
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
I thought last night'so episode was by far the best of the second half. Curious to see what angle these two guys are playing as I'm with Rick. I don't trust these guys.

The running joke to me is that Rick is always wrong anytime he is adamant about something.

So the fact that Rick is extremely skeptical makes me much more comfortable trusting to be honest.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:06 AM   #2760
Kodos
Resident Alien

On the other hand, everywhere they go has to go poorly, or the show gets boring.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:32 AM   #2761
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
On the other hand, everywhere they go has to go poorly, or the show gets boring.
Oh no doubt it will go badly. But not for the reasons Rick was skeptical about...that I'd be pretty certain of.

Last edited by SteveMax58 : 02-24-2015 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:50 PM   #2762
Kodos
Resident Alien

Wow. The board is abuzz after last night's episode!

I thought it was a good episode. Of course, it's going to go to shit with the other people. Starting with the douche who was tormenting the one zombie.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:57 PM   #2763
Radii
Head Coach

I liked it. I really liked seeing Carol pretend to be someone who is so weak and is being taken care of by everyone else. I assume that will pay off in a pretty awesome way. I also like the suggestion from Rick at the end that they can just take over the place if they need to. Are they going to be the bad guys this time? The potential for that is a nice twist compared to the Governor or Terminus communities.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:00 PM   #2764
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I didn't get a great vibe off of the cute blonde mom's husband either.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:01 PM   #2765
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, that was fun. She even pretended to be clumsy when she was unloading her guns onto the cart. Nice strategery.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:52 PM   #2766
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I really liked that episode. Established some pretty interesting dynamics.

Carol playing possum was fantastic. Speaking of fantastic and possums, so was Darryl still carrying around the dead possum in his interview.

I thought Andrew Lincoln had some amazing moments in this ep. When he was being videotaped and interviewed, he looked downright feral and dangerous. When he was shaving the beard, I think he was surprised to remember what the person he used to be was like, and wondered if he could be that person again. I also like how he fixed his watch when he was told the time: He's returning to time, and with it, civilization...sorta. He's still ruthless as fuck, and part of him knows this is all doomed, but just as big a part of him really wants this, and Lincoln sold that well. He's even willing to take Alexandria from these little grandparents and nice gay people, he wants this so bad. When he was tearing up during the haircut I could really see the need for this to work in Rick's face.

I felt Deanna was very intelligently written (although that sorta makes her unbelievable as a congresswoman). The way she twisted Rick's words "Are you looking out for us already?" and "It sounds like I want to be part of your family" was a clever way of assimilating this feral group. She's clearly very pragmatic. Her village needs warriors, badly. I suspect that they've already encountered the "bad guys" out there, and it's just a matter of time before she says, "Oh, and by the way, there's these raiders we need you to take care of for us..."

Yeah, Jessie's husband won't be around for long I reckon.

I was glad to see Glenn get a bad ass move.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:29 PM   #2767
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I felt Deanna was very intelligently written

I agree with this as well, I am interested in seeing more of her and seeing where all of this goes.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:04 PM   #2768
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Was I only the person who
a) kept seeing/hearing Kate Mulgrew as Capt Janeway during the early Deanna scenes?

and

b) failed to realize that Deanna was multiple Tony nominee Tovah Feldshuh
Old 03-02-2015, 05:57 PM   #2769
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I didn't get a great vibe off of the cute blonde mom's husband either.

Me neither. I think they are going to have some conflict with he and Rick. I wonder if they will have someone killing people and Rick having to catch them or something along those lines.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:06 PM   #2770
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Me neither. I think they are going to have some conflict with he and Rick. I wonder if they will have someone killing people and Rick having to catch them or something along those lines.

Spicier. Domestic violence. Constable Rick to the rescue!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:13 PM   #2771
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I just assumed he thought his wife was being too friendly with the new guy.

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:17 PM   #2772
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surtt View Post
I just assumed he thought his wife was being too friendly with the new guy.

hence the reason for conflict
Old 03-02-2015, 07:36 PM   #2773
SteveMax58
College Starter

Yeah good episode overall. It definitely showed how far the group has come as you can see this little town of people has remained pretty insulated from the really horrific stuff.

I do wonder what type of conflict might occur within Rick's group though. I don't get the feeling Michonne would have approved of Rick's comment about taking the town. Though she might be the only one (the group conscience now I guess).

Spoiler
Old 03-02-2015, 07:38 PM   #2774
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Was I only the person who
a) kept seeing/hearing Kate Mulgrew as Capt Janeway during the early Deanna scenes?

Hah! You are right!
Old 03-02-2015, 07:39 PM   #2775
Edward64
Head Coach

I enjoyed the episode. Nice to see them rewarded with some normalcy and really glad his beard is gone.

Was this arc in the comic books?
Old 03-02-2015, 07:58 PM   #2776
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I enjoyed the episode. Nice to see them rewarded with some normalcy and really glad his beard is gone.

Was this arc in the comic books?

it was
Old 03-05-2015, 06:28 PM   #2777
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Reading the thread from start to finish now that I'm caught up. It is amazing so of you kept watching with how nit picky you are. I mean issues about a type of hub cap ? For real?

Last edited by Lathum : 03-05-2015 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:51 AM   #2778
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It would be funny if all of this was set up to turn this into a police procedural with Rick Grimes as tough as nails small town sheriff solving petty crimes.

Last edited by stevew : 03-06-2015 at 04:52 AM.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:48 AM   #2779
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
It would be funny if all of this was set up to turn this into a police procedural with Rick Grimes as tough as nails small town sheriff solving petty crimes.

Justified: Alexandria.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:29 PM   #2780
Edward64
Head Coach

I enjoyed the episode. Carol was great with the kid.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:31 PM   #2781
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I enjoyed the episode. Carol was great with the kid.

That was so fucked up
Old 03-08-2015, 11:59 PM   #2782
Radii
Head Coach

Carol with the kid is a top 5 Walking Dead scene for me, easily. That was fucking spectacular.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:51 AM   #2783
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Carol with the kid is a top 5 Walking Dead scene for me, easily. That was fucking spectacular.

She just continues to shine
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:04 AM   #2784
BYU 14
Coordinator

In addition to Carol, really like how some of the other characters are "adapting" too, Sasha and Darryl in particular. We also got to see some edge from Deanna.

So much potential with how this can play out over the last few episodes.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:26 AM   #2785
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Really trying to figure out where they are going.

I wonder if Darryl and the gay dude are going to be scouting a group and discover that group is coming for their community.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:52 AM   #2786
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

A lot to go over from this episode.

As mentioned, the Carol with the kid scene is awesome and so, so messed up. The look on that kid's face reminded me of that kid at the start of Jurassic Park that Sam Niell showed how a velociraptor would disembowel him with his claws.

Rick, Rick, Rick. I'm afraid of what he will do. Are we setting up a situation where he just "takes" Jessie? The moral lines have always been vague in Walking Dead but usually the "good guys" actions can be justified within the context of the situation. That survival situation doesn't really exist right here, so anything Rick does toward Jessie seems to be on really shaky grounds. As I am a fan of his character, I am hoping Rick doesn't become just another sort of bad guy. His fight between keeping his humanity and the need to survive has been one of the most compelling storylines in the entire series.

My fear with Daryl is that the bike will be a way for him to leave. He might feel ostracized and alone enough, unable to settle in, that he will just leave, become another Morgan figure (BTW, where the living heck is Morgan now??? That was back in Georgia!). Since it is my understanding that the Daryl character has really gone way off from whatever small role he had in the comic (if any, I forget, Daryl might be an entire TV show creation), they can really do anything with him. Of course, he is a a big draw for the show, so I would find it hard to believe they would have him leave. But, character-wise, it's not out of the question.

I think the community is making the team soft, though, and you see this in the gun bag scene outside, where Carol has the guns and Rick and Daryl seem uncertain of the need. I figure Carol will end up having the right of it and that the guns will be needed.

Anyone notice the gay guy is almost as good a shot with the sniper rifle as Sasha?

Still don't know what the little girl was doing in the last episode.

One of the more understated (and in my opinion, important) developments is Michonne's acceptance of her role in the community. I get the feeling she is more at home in this situation than the others, and that was after she was also countermanding some of Rick's more extreme responses in the lead up to arriving here. And she doesn't seem to be that much part of Carol and Rick's scheming. All of this makes me wonder if when shit hits the fan, what she will do.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 03-09-2015 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:58 AM   #2787
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Still don't know what the little girl was doing in the last episode.

While I'm familiar with the broad (and some specifics) of the source material, this isn't a character/situation I have any idea about so the guess I'm spoilering is purely my own

Spoiler
Old 03-09-2015, 11:14 AM   #2788
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
I wonder if Darryl and the gay dude are going to be scouting a group and discover that group is coming for their community.

That would make a lot of sense. 3 episodes left this season, right? I see one of three things happening:

1) your suggestion, an external threat that Rick's crew saves Alexandria from.

2) Something small and mostly innocent acts as a catalyst for Rick to decide to take over Alexandria by force. He thinks he's doing the right thing, but its morally ambiguous at best, or at worst its pretty clear to us that he's the bad guy here.

3) We're about to find out something really fucked up about Alexandria that puts everyone in danger. Something to do with that W on the walker's forehead they killed outside the walls?

There are other scenarios too I guess, adjustment issues or a small rift leading to the death of someone in Rick's group (Sasha most likely) that creates drama going into next season, but that seems like more of a midseason thing, the full season will end on something much, much bigger.

This is the first season in a long while where we've gotten this far in without it starting to feel really obvious what's going to happen, I'm definitely pleased about that.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:14 PM   #2789
Thomkal
Head Coach

The Walking Dead Spinoff Picked Up For Two Seasons | Comicbook.com
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:26 PM   #2790
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
This is the first season in a long while where we've gotten this far in without it starting to feel really obvious what's going to happen, I'm definitely pleased about that.

Knowing the basics of the source storyline has given me the exact opposite reaction to this half-season so far. I feel like I know, at least fairly well, what's coming not only the remainder of this season but also likely all of next season as well.

It's been the most challenging arc thus far for me to try to parse out TV vs Source universe and to make myself stick to only what's on screen in order to both judge & to emotionally respond. (The knowledge is really f'ing with me on the latter even more than the former)

Only some great individual moments (like Carol last night, Daryl's "dinner" last week, the ghosts that visited Tyrese) have really made this one work for me.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:39 PM   #2791
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

these last few episodes have been among my favorites. for a show that started off really poorly in the character development area, I feel they've gotten a lot better and it's been really interesting to see these folks in this new "foreign" environment. I've found it quite fascinating.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:08 PM   #2792
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anyone notice the gay guy is almost as good a shot with the sniper rifle as Sasha?

Oh, this seems like as a good a spot as any to mention what a fantastic job I thought they did in using that character and using it to develop Daryl's last night.

They used Aaron (right, that's his name?) to set up several moments that Reedus got just right IMO.

And the script was more subtle than TWD norms for character development -- aside from maybe the one about "the longer they're out here the closer they get to what they really are" -- in an episode that was otherwise totally lacking much subtlety.

I thought last night might very well have been the best work Reedus has done on the show so far ... but Ross Marquand had to hold up his end of the deal as Aaron in order all of that to work as well as it did.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:55 PM   #2793
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think I'm going to enjoy this series. Both of the lead actors are good. I do worry about the children though.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:51 PM   #2794
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Isn't Alexandria basically the terminal stop in the comics? As in aren't all of the stories now going to be (essentially) person vs. person in a NBC Revolution type way?

I've kinda thought static type stories are generally poorly done on this show. I'm wondering what kind of long term appeal seasons 6/7 will have for most action oriented viewers.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:50 AM   #2795
miked
College Starter

I thought it was fairly obvious that there is another group scouting/stalking them. Didn't that lady say they had just banished a few people? Wouldn't it make sense that they may have found others and are going to try and take Alexandria for themselves?
Old 03-10-2015, 10:57 AM   #2796
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
I thought it was fairly obvious that there is another group scouting/stalking them. Didn't that lady say they had just banished a few people? Wouldn't it make sense that they may have found others and are going to try and take Alexandria for themselves?

I agree.

Maybe Jessies husband dies under suspicous circumstances during the conflict?
Old 03-10-2015, 11:06 AM   #2797
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

This adds more credence to the "Rick's group saves the day" theory. Deanna wasn't even posting lookouts. We still don't know what the deal is with the girl leaving and coming back. The zombies with the Ws of course. And no one is talking about the odd zombies cut in half from the visit to Noel's old hometown, which isn't that far away it seems.

I'm still hoping to see Morgan, too, at some point, although I am not sure how that works, since they're in Virginia now. Would he have followed all that way? Right now, it feels like all those hints on him in the first half of the season was just the showrunners screwing with us.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:39 AM   #2798
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK.

Remind me who Morgan is again
Old 03-10-2015, 11:49 AM   #2799
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK.

Remind me who Morgan is again

He's the black guy with the kid from the first episode of the entire show who couldn't shoot his zombie wife. His kid was later killed (off screen) and it appeared he went a little mad, holing up in a nearby town where Rick encountered him a couple seasons later.

He then appeared at the end of the first episode of this season to be following Rick's group after Terminus.

And then they did an extended look at him checking out the town where Bob got bit by the zombie and checking out the church, at the end of the midseason finale (or sometime around then). He found the note Abraham wrote to Rick before they had left for Washington DC (the first time).

He seemed sane again.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 03-10-2015 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:21 PM   #2800
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

aha, couldn't remember his name.