Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-24-2006, 08:38 AM   #2701
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok.. one last thing. We kind of dropped this topic from a few days ago...

But I still strongly feel Cronin was setup by the head necro. The silence spell just rings to me that it was someone who scanned him, saw he was out, thought he was an important role and tried to frame a lynch on him once there was heat.

I think tying yesterday's actions with the Cronin vote might shed some more clues for us:

Cronin - Saldana (618), Schmidty (659), Anxiety (731), Dubb (742), bullet (750), Barkeep (751), Alan T (756), Vince (767), Tanglewood (769)

I notice Anxiety and Tanglewood both on this list as well. Who else on here behaved oddly yesterday with Fouts being in the game?

Ok.. I think thats really it now.. I've said about everything on my mind in case i die tonight.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:13 AM   #2702
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I am pretty sure you are VERY wrong about one of your two people Alan.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:51 AM   #2703
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So as far as days to not have a lot of activity when I am at work all day today was a good choice as opposed to yesterday. So thanks everybody.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:05 PM   #2704
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Damn, just finished reading like 20 pages to get caught up. So Fouts was the avatar? That sucks for us. Is it possible that the avatar can be summoned by summoning him THEN waiting 3 days with no scans? I don't know if that's possible but it might make it so Blade called him if he (Blade) knew he was going to die anyways (which he might or might not of known).

Is the timeline different on the weekend? I see the night 5 deadline isn't til tonight so I don't need to force a vote out there til tomorrow, right?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:16 PM   #2705
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Ok I gotta go, I'm pretty sure we don't vote today but I'm not sure why (seems we're still on night 5). The wedding is at 3pm EST so I don't know when i'll be able to get online again tho i'll try. At worst I'll be online sometime tomorrow morning on my way back from the boonies (we drove to my girlfriend's grandma's house so I could at least get online to catch up on the reading and vote tho that's not needed I guess) to work.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:17 PM   #2706
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
Damn, just finished reading like 20 pages to get caught up. So Fouts was the avatar? That sucks for us. Is it possible that the avatar can be summoned by summoning him THEN waiting 3 days with no scans? I don't know if that's possible but it might make it so Blade called him if he (Blade) knew he was going to die anyways (which he might or might not of known).

Is the timeline different on the weekend? I see the night 5 deadline isn't til tonight so I don't need to force a vote out there til tomorrow, right?

Right, because its weekend and yesterday day time ended pretty late, we are having an extended night phase till late tonight. Then the day phase will likely be extended a bit as well until Monday I am guessing (I don't know, thats up to hoops).

Because its night time, most people are hesitant in doing alot to attract attention to them, so today likely will be pretty quiet. (Also alot of us are doing things today. I was planning on being out all day, but the rain/thunder storms changed my plans a bit. So now its watching kids movies with my daughter all day!)

Barkeep as for being entirely wrong about one of them, its probably true. I'm just trying to figure out how we can tie everything we know together and see where it points us.

I feel there are bad guys who knew yesterday Fouts was not a mummy (ie: head necromancer). We know that the head necromancer also must have known Cronin was good, and I still think he was a part of that move too. Why would he have used a silence spell on someone he wasn't wanting to make sure died?

We have the votes on Bek and Bullet to go with too, however that is a little more shaky I think. most people voted Bek because he wasn't around, and no one arguably could say they were voting him because they thought he was bad. Most people also however voted for bullet simply because Blade insisted on it (either based on him viewing Bullet or just his hunch) so that vote is rather unhelpful too. There was however a good pushing for Bullet the day before Blade came out against Bullet.. maybe thats somethin we can look at...
Old 06-24-2006, 12:24 PM   #2707
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok reading through day 2 vote, day 3 vote, and day 5 conversation, I think Im developing a pretty strong personal circle of trust...

Give me a few minutes and I'll post my thoughts.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:37 PM   #2708
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Because I know my role and you do not Alan.

After re-reading about 1500-1800 posts here, I am 85% sure I do know your role. I won't come out and say it, but I also know your confirmed circle of trust too i think. And now alot of what you said subtly on day 1 and 2 suddenly makes sense to me.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:46 PM   #2709
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Trusted:

1. Barkeep49 - Is good, I feel Blade cleared him.

4. path12 - I feel the pharoah started good. I see no reasons to feel that has changed now.

7. Dubb - I believe Blade cleared him as well. Has been I feel as upfront about what he has gotten information wise as he could be.

9. Saldana - I feel is good despite the turn on Cronin. From his conversation, I believe he has had some interaction with Barkeep (but not what I was refering to in my previous post about Barkeep's role)

21. Tanglewood - I believe him to be good, he wasnt even around to play a part in Cronin's silencing and after rereading some interactions with him, I feel he is to be trusted.

Mostly Trusted:

10. SnDvls - I feel Dubbs cleared him. Only small chance of deception would be if he was the dreamweaver

14. Qwikshot - Voted for Bek on a day when Cronin was on the line, Voted for Bullet instead of the easy out being Bek due to his inactivity. Stuck with Bullet without question even before Blade revealed to be a seer.

Some Trust:

15. Tyrith - Similar to Qwik, I feel Tyrith's voting pattern has not been the easy out votes to hide in, but instead took a chance with Bullet instead of Bek, did not vote for Cronin even when most people switched over.

20. Chubby - Small trust, not much only because he didnt jump on Cronin and what are the odds that -all- of the bad guys are new people?

Special honorary category:

11. Lathum - Its obvious that he is the prophecy. Is that good for us or bad? Probably bad for me now as he has an axe to grind with me personally. Looking back to other games with third party roles, such as the elementals game... most of the villagers came to the belief it was in their best interest to keep the elementals around.. in the end that definitly was not the case. He's killed our seer, lied to us almost non stop in the game, but to his benefit... at least he's not a necro

And.. that leaves:

3. Schmidty
5. Anxiety
19. Vince
22. Kingfc22
Old 06-24-2006, 03:03 PM   #2710
Vince
Pro Starter

This post is going to assume that Lathum did in fact kill Blade.

Why in the hell does everyone keep holding that against him? Blade was being abrasive, in typical Blade fashion, and I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that no one knew he was the Mystic before Lathum killed him. I know it blew me completely out of the water -- I was a hairs breadth from voting for Blade anyways on that day. I think it's foolish to hold that against him. Not knowing what the extent of his powers are (and accounting for the fact that killing the person who summoned the avatar might very well kill the avatar), it also doesn't seem that farfetched to understand why he offed Fouts instead of himself. Wouldn't you guys rather someone else die than yourself, almost regardless of their role? Especially if your death might mean more than just your death?

Alan, your list is similar to mine, though I'd move Tanglewood down a few notches, and put me in a bit more of a trustworthy group (). Barkeep I have no reason to suspect other than his strange behavior lately, and I don't know why. I know he's been hinting at his role, but I haven't been able to pick up on it.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 03:07 PM   #2711
Vince
Pro Starter

Oh, and Alan -- in the sake of full disclosure, I'm pretty sure I was also one of those who tried to validate Fouts' claim as an Avatar. I believe I mentioned that Blade might not have had to be alive the entire three days to finish summoning him, or something to that effect. It just seemed like a zero sum play for Lathum to come out so strongly for someone who seemed so obvious to be the Mummy, and Lathum is a better player than that.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:17 PM   #2712
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I didn't kill blade. I am after the bad guys. I think that should be obvious considering how hard I was trying to save fouts. Plus once Alant's true identidy is revealed if will become obvious I am after the bad guys. I just want to be alive when that happens.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 03:18 PM   #2713
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
I didn't kill blade. I am after the bad guys. I think that should be obvious considering how hard I was trying to save fouts. Plus once Alant's true identidy is revealed if will become obvious I am after the bad guys. I just want to be alive when that happens.

So you are to have us believe that Blade was killed by a 'disease?'
Old 06-24-2006, 04:02 PM   #2714
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum

The way I see it, if you were really working for us you could have easily said, "Dubb, I'm the prophecy, don't scan me. It will not tell you anything. I'm being honest with you. I raised Fouts as an avatar." Because knowing my scan would do nothing on you and allowing me to go ahead with it, even encouraging me, is only another strike against you to me in the "whos side is Lathum on" game.

It's especially damning since the mystic was already dead and for all we knew, this was the last scan we would get the entire game. I may not vote for you, but I sure as hell ain't gonna follow your advice the rest of the game.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 04:13 PM   #2715
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
The way I see it, if you were really working for us you could have easily said, "Dubb, I'm the prophecy, don't scan me. It will not tell you anything. I'm being honest with you. I raised Fouts as an avatar."

Amen.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:39 PM   #2716
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

argh when is the night phase going to be over? im dying to see which one of you paranoid nuts gets whacked by the necros!
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 04:57 PM   #2717
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well my guess is that the night phase won't be over until sometime after midnight Central time.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:08 PM   #2718
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Heehee

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:15 PM   #2719
stevew
Hall Of Famer

How do you possibly follow this.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:15 PM   #2720
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Way too much going on for me, trying to read this.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:15 PM   #2721
stevew
Hall Of Famer

dola, simply impossible.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:16 PM   #2722
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Almost 3k posts and the game isn't even over yet.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:16 PM   #2723
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That's a lot of work, definitely, i suspect swaggs of being a necromancer still.

Last edited by stevew : 06-24-2006 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:20 PM   #2724
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'll stop causing problems for now.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:43 PM   #2725
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
That's a lot of work, definitely, i suspect swaggs of being a necromancer still.

Please don't edit your posts steve!
Old 06-24-2006, 10:44 PM   #2726
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I spelled definitely wrong.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:48 PM   #2727
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Vote Stevew
Old 06-24-2006, 11:02 PM   #2728
Swaggs
Coordinator

Please stop causing problems.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:45 AM   #2729
Barkeep49
Coordinator

This is killing me. I thought for sure the results would be up when I woke up. Oh well.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:51 AM   #2730
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

well I caught up from when i posted this morning, not that it's much to read I'm working from 1130am-730pm EST today (damn retail) but I'll be on after that and I'm off tomorrow WOOHOO so I'll be more active for trying to find the baddies tomorrow for sure.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:20 AM   #2731
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

hoops spotted! gogogogo!
Old 06-25-2006, 08:24 AM   #2732
hoopsguy
General Manager

Results to be posted shortly. Had some Internet issues late last night, but back up now.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:03 AM   #2733
hoopsguy
General Manager

Night 5 results

The rain and fog have remained steady for two nights now. How long will this infernal weather hover over your land? Are there consequences for killing an Avatar? No one rests easy on this night, but there is one among you who will never awaken. You find the body of Alan T outside the home of Vince, the victim of a savage attack. He was clutching a ceremonial dagger in his right hand.

Day 6 has begun.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:05 AM   #2734
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

lol See, told you I would die tonight!
Old 06-25-2006, 09:06 AM   #2735
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hmm. So Alan is bad. Does that make Vince good?

I think it might be time for a massive role reveal today.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:09 AM   #2736
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
8. AlanT - Necromancer, killed Night 5

So what does this say about:

1. Lathum telling everyone he knew Alan T was a necro. Did he kill him?

2. Does Vince have some special role that protects him against Necros? Is he the EG?

3. 5 nights and no Necro kills. Have the Necros just been incredibly unlucky in looking for each other? Or are they up to something else? Or have they been constantly blocked every night by chance?
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:18 AM   #2737
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think this is where the order of the kills is important. Did whoever acted to kill Alan act before or after the necros? If before we can guess that Alan was either attempting to kill Vince or was scouting him out as a necro.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:30 AM   #2738
saldana
Pro Starter

i read it as, alan tried to attack vince and met the EG, who killed him....probably didnt have anything to do with vince, except he was the target, which effectively clears him.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:33 AM   #2739
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Sorry folks, I was invited to the Renaisance Fair and went to that...I'll spend hours reading up
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:33 AM   #2740
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hmm. So Alan is bad. Does that make Vince good?

I think it might be time for a massive role reveal today.

You can't expect anyone to do something you are not willing to do yourself. Note, I'm not saying do a rr, I'm just saying don't push unless you are willing to give.

-Anxiety

Old 06-25-2006, 10:39 AM   #2741
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think this is where the order of the kills is important. Did whoever acted to kill Alan act before or after the necros? If before we can guess that Alan was either attempting to kill Vince or was scouting him out as a necro.

Here's what we have to go on:

Order of Actions:
1.) Pharaoh's Order
2.) Protection/Consecrate
3.) Invoke Item
4.) Pass Item
5.) Seer Scan/Search/'Lie Detector'
6.) Night Kill/Disease
7.) Treasure Hunt
8.) Detect Magic

-Anxiety

Old 06-25-2006, 10:51 AM   #2742
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm very happy and very confused.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:01 AM   #2743
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
You can't expect anyone to do something you are not willing to do yourself. Note, I'm not saying do a rr, I'm just saying don't push unless you are willing to give.

-Anxiety
Ok I'll give some:

I know with 100% certainty that Lathum is the Prophecy and with 90% certainty that he's a good guy.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:17 AM   #2744
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

How would you account for Blade's Death then?

-Anxiety

Old 06-25-2006, 11:29 AM   #2745
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
How would you account for Blade's Death then?

-Anxiety
Blade.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:39 AM   #2746
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I would say I'm pretty certain Path is good as he passed me the helmet yesterday.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:41 AM   #2747
Barkeep49
Coordinator

As another discussion question:

Presumably Alan didn't think he was going to get whacked last night, though he might have thought of himself as a lynch target today. What does that tell us about his list of trust? Clearly he's telling some truth, as I know I am good and am at the top of the list, but do we think he cleared any bad guys there? Or are all the bad guys int he unknown part?
Old 06-25-2006, 11:44 AM   #2748
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Of which, I will add, Vince was one of. The fact that Alan could equally have been spying on Vince and there to murder him makes me uneasy. Now presumably he was going to try and steer the discussion towards his unknowns which makes me think that it's more likely that he was there to spy on him, to find out if he was a necro or not, but I don't know.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:05 PM   #2749
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Of which, I will add, Vince was one of. The fact that Alan could equally have been spying on Vince and there to murder him makes me uneasy. Now presumably he was going to try and steer the discussion towards his unknowns which makes me think that it's more likely that he was there to spy on him, to find out if he was a necro or not, but I don't know.

I think Alan has played enough WW to know that when you are a bad guy you need to mix up your suspicion lists. I'm pretty sure that only one or two of his trusted guys will be Necros and there will probably be one in his non-trusted pile too.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:05 PM   #2750
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Dola

So, three Necros down, how many do we think are left? Two, three, maybe four?