Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-17-2007, 03:29 AM   #2701
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Or the records are screwed up somehow and the wolves have some way of out bidding someone. Which would be, well, pretty catastrophic.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:29 AM   #2702
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ugh...

My brain is fried from working all day, and I have to do this same shit tomorrow.

Okay, nuff, whining.

My instant thought amongst many is that we may have narrowed our pool of potential Tarqs to two. The evidence suggests either Anxiety or KWhit are lying--or the rules are wrong. I am assuming they are right.

If Kwhit is telling the truth, Anxiety won the swordsman, and one of his cohorts won the sex slaves and sent them to ardent. But then his choice is to not kill with the swordsman?

If Anxiety is telling the truth, then KWhit can not have lost the swordsman. Ergo, he must be lying. But then he wouldn't use the swordsman?

In both scenarios in which either player is a Tarq, they would end up with a swordsman they, as Tarqs, chose not to use. That doesn't make much sense.

I'm fragged right now, and I can't make heads or tails of this. I hate to say it, but I feel we almost have to throw Anxiety off of the cliff just to attempt to make sense of things, even though I am far from certain about him being good or a Tarq.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:34 AM   #2703
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I think I've got it.

I) Anxiety used the sex slaves and was upfront about what he did. We have no reason to doubt that.
2) Dodgerchick claims she got Ardent. As she's good I can't see any reason why she should lie. We also know that Autumn or Barkeep claimed that they placed a bid on Ardent and didn't succede.
3) KWhit claims he bid and failed on the swordsman. Which means that someone is lying
4) Coffee claims he bid and failed on the swordsman. Which means that someone is lying.
5) Ironhead claims he bid and failed on the philosopher. Which means that someone is lying.
6) Pass claims he bid and succeded on the bodyguard. He also states that he put it on me. He could be lying.
7) Path claims he bid on Ardent and failed. That would make sense if Dodgerchick was telling the truth.

So KWhit must be lying. Which in turn means that Coffee must be lying. Unless Dodgerchick was lying. In which case Autumn or Barkeep is lying.

I feel like I'm Homer in the episode where his brother wants to build a baby speech interpreter. I see this massive blueprint, and it just wants to deteriorate into a mind-numbingly pleasing and simple image of a wooden bird on a wheel appearing to drink water out of a glass. "He's drinking the water!"

I am convinced we have at least two Tarqs among the following group: KWhit, Anxiety, Coffee Warlord, Ironhead, all based on today's results.

I am still suspicious of path12, too.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:34 AM   #2704
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I feel like I'm Homer in the episode where his brother wants to build a baby speech interpreter. I see this massive blueprint, and it just wants to deteriorate into a mind-numbingly pleasing and simple image of a wooden bird on a wheel appearing to drink water out of a glass. "He's drinking the water!"

I am convinced we have at least two Tarqs among the following group: KWhit, Anxiety, Coffee Warlord, Ironhead, all based on today's results.

I am still suspicious of path12, too.

That "episode" is from the Simpsons, BTW.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:37 AM   #2705
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

What I don't understand is why the wolves would bid on a swordsman and not use him. That's what gives me pause for thought.

Could the swordsman have just been on strike today? There's been so much screwy stuff happening I don't know. Having the swordsman in the game does seem a bit unbalanced to the bad guys, as they have the potential to kill two people every day with him there.

My head is starting to hurt. Chief, you're there. What's your take?
Old 04-17-2007, 03:45 AM   #2706
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Or if you're to believe Coffee allow a good person to kill someone with him one day.

That's it. Coffee is a bad guy.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:45 AM   #2707
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What I don't understand is why the wolves would bid on a swordsman and not use him. That's what gives me pause for thought.

Could the swordsman have just been on strike today? There's been so much screwy stuff happening I don't know. Having the swordsman in the game does seem a bit unbalanced to the bad guys, as they have the potential to kill two people every day with him there.

My head is starting to hurt. Chief, you're there. What's your take?

Did we guaranteed have the other bodyguard not get picked up? It's slimly possible that two bodyguards stopped two kills tonight. It seems odd to not have a bodyguard report an attempt, but I have seen games in the past where the BG merely stopped the kill and didn't learn anything at all from it.

The other (and more likely) possibility is that the wolves did win the swordsman and withheld him to screw with us and set someone up. Or because they felt using him would out someone they want to remain secret.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:47 AM   #2708
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Or if you're to believe Coffee allow a good person to kill someone with him one day.

That's it. Coffee is a bad guy.

Wait, hold on, my brain got frozen trying to understand that. Could you explain your thought there in a different way?
Old 04-17-2007, 03:53 AM   #2709
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I love this game.

Coffee knew what a lawyer could do, because he had the services of Swaggs at the time. Swaggs was killed immediately afterwards.
Coffee had a "hunch" that saldana was bad so he killed him. And, yet, he "knew" immediately that saldana was a good guy.
Coffee claimed to bid on the swordsman who has mysteriously gone missing.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:54 AM   #2710
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'd like Coffee to be arrested today please.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:59 AM   #2711
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
The other (and more likely) possibility is that the wolves did win the swordsman and withheld him to screw with us and set someone up. Or because they felt using him would out someone they want to remain secret.

Bah! There I am feeling all happy with myself and you go and pour a cold shower on it.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:03 AM   #2712
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Bah! There I am feeling all happy with myself and you go and pour a cold shower on it.

Gotta throw out all the possibilities. I still believe there is at least two Tarqs in that foursome I mentioned. They need to have some people high up in the chain to pull this sort of thing off, whether it be mass confusion or just screwing with the plan.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:08 AM   #2713
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Did we guaranteed have the other bodyguard not get picked up? It's slimly possible that two bodyguards stopped two kills tonight. It seems odd to not have a bodyguard report an attempt, but I have seen games in the past where the BG merely stopped the kill and didn't learn anything at all from it.

Hmmm.. If that's true then it's likely that someone tried to kill me last night. However I can't imagine the swordsman wouldn't be noticed by the bodyguard or by myself. Unless the presence of the bodyguard scares him away and he doesn't ever make the attempt.

If that is true then I have 99% trust of Pass.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:21 AM   #2714
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
not that I don't appreciate the support because I do, but WHY do you believe it? just saying you believe the whole thing without reason smacks of someone trying to buy trust when I show up good. and you're too good of a player to be saying something so conclusive as "i believe this entire post" without reason. I'll give you some benefit of the doubt because it's late night, but i'd really like to hear a why, or see if this raised anyone else's eyebrows.

thanks for the support though path. hopefully my questioning of you will make you support me even further as it makes you realize that I am indeed good, instead of causing a selfish backpedeling.

I said I believed the post because I went back and read everything you've posted this game. You're out of sorts in RL, and it's coming through in the fact that you are not sharp this game. It is convincing to me.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:26 AM   #2715
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hmmm.. If that's true then it's likely that someone tried to kill me last night. However I can't imagine the swordsman wouldn't be noticed by the bodyguard or by myself. Unless the presence of the bodyguard scares him away and he doesn't ever make the attempt.

I have felt pretty good about Pass since that moderator error ended up in him not getting the swordsman when he should have. Or something like that. I'm fuzzy right now on how that went, but the logical conclusion was that he had to be on the same side as whoever ended up (improperly) with the sword killer, and that person ended up good, and so he is good.

Everyone else above the third highest wealth level seems suspicious to me now, even Ironhead, who has largely passed his tests with me. His potential involvement in this Balbus Senna thing creates doubt.

One thing I have no doubt about. There is at least one Tarq in the top two wealth levels, and I would be very, very surprised if it were just one.

The results we're getting here suggest a coordinated plan for confusion. No way one person alone does this.

And I do think this didn't go all the way the Tarqs wanted. They certainly did not want to go through today without a kill. And for the first time, we can be reasonably certain the BG can stop a poison kill. I don't think we have had that confirmed.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:24 AM   #2716
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Narc and CR rule.

You guys say the word, and CW gets a visit from the swordsman.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:34 AM   #2717
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I think I've got it.

I) Anxiety used the sex slaves and was upfront about what he did. We have no reason to doubt that.
2) Dodgerchick claims she got Ardent. As she's good I can't see any reason why she should lie. We also know that Autumn or Barkeep claimed that they placed a bid on Ardent and didn't succede.
3) KWhit claims he bid and failed on the swordsman. Which means that someone is lying
4) Coffee claims he bid and failed on the swordsman. Which means that someone is lying.
5) Ironhead claims he bid and failed on the philosopher. Which means that someone is lying.
6) Pass claims he bid and succeded on the bodyguard. He also states that he put it on me. He could be lying.
7) Path claims he bid on Ardent and failed. That would make sense if Dodgerchick was telling the truth.

So KWhit must be lying. Which in turn means that Coffee must be lying. Unless Dodgerchick was lying. In which case Autumn or Barkeep is lying.
QFT.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:48 AM   #2718
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Initially my thoughts are that you should take him out. But then reality kicks in. I've been wrong about two or three other cases in this game, and I've been wrong in other games (I was 99% sure that you were bad in the Marvel game for example). I know that I tend to get fixated on an idea and push it for all it's worth. I think we should hear from Coffee and anyone else about this.

The problem with assassainating him is that we don't get 100% cast iron information about whether he is good or bad. There are a lot of variables with this game we don't understand. I went with my gut instinct before and it cost us a villager. I say that we arrest him today, it's the only way of getting the information we need.

I don't think there's any excuse for not arresting him today though.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:09 AM   #2719
Poli
FOFC Survivor

FYI:

I'll be at a job site all day today. I may or may not have connectivity, and at that, I may or may not be able to be here until the afternoon.

Wednesday: I will be at a job site during the day and then playing softball with the FOFC/IHOF conglomerate in the late afternoon. I probably won't be able to do much until that night or early Thursday morning.

Thursday: Driving to and from Staunton, Il, for another site. It's about 2 hours one way.

Sunday I fly out to Phoenix. Hopefully this game's over by then.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:54 AM   #2720
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I would think the service user would get something on a body guard block. Maybe the body guard would tell you he ran someone off, etc.

I've been told that if the bodyguard protects someone, he'll let me know.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:05 AM   #2721
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Reading over the analysis from last night, KWhit and Coffee seem like good folk to throw in the pen.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:51 AM   #2722
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I've been told that if the bodyguard protects someone, he'll let me know.

Oh well. There goes that theory.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:06 AM   #2723
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Narcizo...you're frikkin brilliant

which makes me think...either the wolves undervalued you (and continue to do so) or you're wolfish yourself. regardless...i think you and CR are onto something with your 4-some of evil.

i'm at work today but my day looks pretty mindless (DB stuff) so I ought to be around to discuss. I think I may finally be getting this game.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:13 AM   #2724
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Captive of my time zone that I am I have to turn my thoughts to who we're going to execute and who we're going to elect as consuls.

I'm not even going to bother with DT. If someone has something solid on him then I'd love to hear it because the only thing I can comment on is the fact that he hasn't made any impression on me this game points to classic UTR behaviour. However compared to Anxiety I don't think I can be bothered to sweep through DT's posts.

Vote Execute Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
So who should I scan? I strongly feel CW or Anxeity should be scanned, dunno which one. I'm still scratching my head over why Anxiety scanned Kwhit again.

My immediate thoughts are that Anxiety blocking Ardent when he suspects that DC is going to use Ardent to scan him (or CW) is suspicious. Unless he doesn't want that scan to go ahead. Really that's all I need at the moment. It just seems too obvious for a bad guy to openly block a scan like that, particularly as it looked like DC was going for a dive. Except, at the end, it looks as though DC might have survived if Ardent had been there to argue her case. So Anxiety gets a double whammy. He makes sure DC dies or he makes sure that her scan is blocked if she does survive.

There was that to-do with Alan about trusting KWhit, where Anxiety went all DC on Alan's ass.

There's one thing that I can't believe I missed when I was thinking about why there have been no kills. Typical of my tunnel-vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Now, on the other hand, you'll note that there was no kill last night. BG block? Or did the sex slaves hit someone, namely AE?

Ardent. This is kind of a valid point. How come you didn't say anything when we were talking about this earlier?

In the end, to me, it looks like there's every chance that Anxiety, KWhit and Coffee Warlord are in this together. If Anxiety shows up bad I'm 200% sure that CW is bad. If not then, well, I still think CW is bad.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:26 AM   #2725
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
which makes me think...either the wolves undervalued you (and continue to do so) or you're wolfish yourself. regardless...i think you and CR are onto something with your 4-some of evil.

Well there's the fact that I'm responsible for jailing and executing two innocent people :o and the fact that I had a bodyguard one time that gives an idea why they might let me live. Chief Rum deserves as much of the credit.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:30 AM   #2726
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Which means it's no surprise that I

Vote Chief Rum for Consul

I'm less certain about the other vote. I might have to return in the evening for that one.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:40 AM   #2727
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Initially my thoughts are that you should take him out. But then reality kicks in. I've been wrong about two or three other cases in this game, and I've been wrong in other games (I was 99% sure that you were bad in the Marvel game for example). I know that I tend to get fixated on an idea and push it for all it's worth. I think we should hear from Coffee and anyone else about this.

My comments? Basically, you're being an idiot. I cannot fathom how the line of 'logic' winds up with this 99999% certainty I'm a bad guy.

When you DO lynch me, and please do, 'cause pretty much noone has listened to me the entire bloody game, I invite everyone to read and COMPREHEND everything I've posted. Not one word the entire game has been untrue.
Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:45 AM   #2728
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i've already voted to toss anxiety

VOTE CHIEF RUM FOR CONSUL

he's been doing some great analysis all game long, even if his work schedule will keep him away a bit he's still more active and thoughtful than most.

especially with anxiety/cw/kwhit under suspiscion
Old 04-17-2007, 09:12 AM   #2729
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm going to go ahead and vote for Narcizo and CR for consul, but would be interested in serving as well.

Vote Narcizo and Chief Rum for Consul
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:20 AM   #2730
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

This definitely seems like a possible scenario. I wouldn't count on the BG, especially being a merc for hire, always telling us what's going on. And Narc, you would have been the target of the day if history is any indicator.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:25 AM   #2731
Tyrith
College Starter

We've got a problem now with the consuls, though. If we put up CR and Narcizo we're signing their death warrants...quite possibly today. Isn't Narcizo also already the tribune? If so there is absolutely no way we should elect him, because he's our backplan already.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:28 AM   #2732
Tyrith
College Starter

However, I don't really have any alternatives to both CR and Narcizo. Next choice would be Autumn, who is alreday a consul...Pass seems like a good choice to replace Narcizo, though. Putting them both up just puts all our eggs in one basket, and our baskets seem to have problems with getting stabbed or poisoned.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:29 AM   #2733
Tyrith
College Starter

And some votes, before I forget.

VOTE ELECT CHIEF RUM
VOTE ELECT PASSACAGLIA

VOTE TO SEND ANXIETY ON A SHORT AIR TRIP
Old 04-17-2007, 09:30 AM   #2734
Tyrith
College Starter

Dola, note to mod: thread title needs to be updated.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:31 AM   #2735
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Cronin: You've said that we have to vote. What's the consequence if we do not?

The consequence is that I will not be inclined to cut you any slack if, for example, your pm comes in 2 minutes after deadline, or something like that.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:34 AM   #2736
st.cronin
General Manager

Narcizo, as Tribune, is not eligible for Consul.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:51 AM   #2737
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
The consequence is that I will not be inclined to cut you any slack if, for example, your pm comes in 2 minutes after deadline, or something like that.

You were inclined to do so already? jk

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:58 AM   #2738
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Having purchased Narzico last night and being under the gun, I can confirm that when you are in jail and win a lawyer that they can both defend and scan.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:59 AM   #2739
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have submitted a scan order. Not that I expect it to come to fruition, but just in case it does, its there.

In the meantime, I have to vote DT. I don;t think he's guilty, this is just self-defense.

Vote DT off the island

Old 04-17-2007, 10:19 AM   #2740
Barkeep49
Coordinator

My availability is limited for today.

I'm not sure how much I like either of these guys. I'm just so frustrated at this point since we haven't nailed one of the bad guys. Once we do, I'm confident that the whole house of cards will come down fairly quickly. I wish I had something more tangible to go on, but I'm going to go ahead and vote to save the guy who has trusted me more.

Vote Daddy T off the rock
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:25 AM   #2741
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Having purchased Narzico last night and being under the gun, I can confirm that when you are in jail and win a lawyer that they can both defend and scan.

Which would only be useful of Anxietus doesn't get executed. I hate to lose a scan, but this again looks like more self-serving moves. If we free him, I wouldn't trust any reported scan results, so I think we've just lost another scan opportunity.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:44 AM   #2742
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sorry barkeep. but i feel like i'm in the same boat as CW. No one has listened to me the whole bloody game, from D1 on. It's not that I havn't trusted you, just that I havn't been around, and my posting level has dropped off since no one has been listening to me. Otherwise I very well might trust you. But you do what you have to do.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:55 AM   #2743
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Which would only be useful of Anxietus doesn't get executed. I hate to lose a scan, but this again looks like more self-serving moves. If we free him, I wouldn't trust any reported scan results, so I think we've just lost another scan opportunity.

I didn;t ask to not be voted off in order for the scan to go through. However, if I'm going to die, I'm certainly not going to hold onto any information taht could help our side, and confirming that both can be done in this limited circumstance helps my side.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:02 AM   #2744
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, I've got to get to work, so I'll post my present thinking. I'm going to be looking at what people suggest for arrest suspects, and hopefully hearing from Ironhead so we can coordinate. As I said before, having the swordsman (supposedly) gives us a chance to possibly get two traitors dead, which might finally turn the tide. I'm thinking we need bold moves to get out of the bind we're in.

Daddyus It's not clear whether Daddyus Torgus ended up with a lawyer or not. That whole thing is a bit worrisome to me. Daddyus has been on my suspect list for a while. I would think nailing down a lawyer though would be a traitor priority. Yet maybe this confusion works in their favor. And maybe he's counting on the spotlight being on Anxietus and him not needing one.

Anxietus I think I've made clear that he is at top of my suspect list. That's why I arrested him and now he's only made it clearer. This is the clearest I've been on anyone in this game, and I think he's a no-brainer to execute or have killed.

KWhit With Anxietus looking like a traitor, this puts Kayus Whitus in bad light. He has shot to the top of the wealth chart. Why did Anxietus choose to double scan KWhit? Wasting a supposed scan like that seems like a way to simply confirm trust in a wealthy traitor. His silence about his bids is not good. I think he's a strong arrest candidate.

Cofeeus This trio, Anxietus, Kayus and Coffeeus seem to be tied together. Coffeeus vouched for Kayus earlier in the game, before Anxietus rescanned him. Coffeeus also admittedly used a sword kill on a Senator of unknown loyalty, a Tribute at that, yet hasn't been arrested? Sounds like a blatant attempt to sneak in an extra kill. I'm willing to put my bet on us finding our first nest of traitors in these three. Another strong arrest candidate.

Ardentus We've had to depend on Ardentus' claims of innocence for the executed so far. He hasn't been killed despite lawyers dropping like flies. Like Kayus he has rocketed up the wealth charts. Narcizo's finding of DC as innocent puts Ardentus in better light in my books, but I'm still dubious. How many times has Ardentus's claims been corroborated by another lawyer? I almost pulled the trigger on arresting him yesterday, but didn't want to lose a scan. I'm still on the fence there.

Wealth Dodgerus Erchickus suggested maybe the winning conditions have to do with wealth. I'm wondering if that isn't part of it. There seem to be rule mechanisms we don't understand still. Of the five wealthiest Senators, three are in my suspect list above (Ardentus, Kayus, Anxietus). None of those three started at the top of the wealth charts, and that seems to support this theory. I am going to continue to sue the wealthiest in hopes of eliminating this edge.

I SUE ARDENTUS ENTHUSIASTUS
KAYUS WHITUS
ABEUS ANXIETUS
PATHUS TWELVEUS
PASCALLIGUS
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:08 AM   #2745
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I think there is something up with the whole absence of information from body guards.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:17 AM   #2746
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'd like to know who beat me for Tititus last night.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:34 AM   #2747
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Vote Execute Anxiety

Torgo still needs to be arrested and executed tomorrow, but frankly, I think we've jailed two Tarqs. 'Course, since noone trusts me, obviously they are both good and will be allowed to live now.

Let those who have faith in me freakin' arrest AE already. All...zero of you.
Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:34 AM   #2748
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

For Consul, I am going based on trust as I have in the past votes

Vote Grammaticus Atticus for Consul
Vote Chief Rum for Consul

I'm assuming CR will be okay at this point to take a consul seat.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:39 AM   #2749
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I want to know how Artendus can maintain his “best lawyer in Rome” reputation upon sleeping in after a night of debauchery, leaving his high profile and very rich client Dodeus Ercikus to head butt the rock?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:55 AM   #2750
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I wish I had more time to analyse all this. If I wasn't in the middle of such an awful stretch of work, I might be able to connect some of the dots here even further than Narc and I already have. Unfortunately, we'll just have to go with what we got.

VOTE EXECUTE ANXIETY

As I said before, I'm not certain Anxiety is a Tarq at all. But people in the upper reaches of our wealth lists are definitely lying, and Anxiety has been in the middle of much of it. The only way we know for sure is to throw him off the rock.

I would recommend whoever has ardent to prosecute Anxiety to counter his use of Narcizo. Or whoever has the slaves to "visit" Narcizo. We can't really afford at this point to not have a kill. Of course, if Narcizo saving Anxiety means Daddy Torgo gets thrown, who has also been under suspicion, then at least we get a kill. But I have a lot more issues right now with Anxiety's situation than I do with DT's. I think we learn a lot more with Anxiety's death (whether he's good or bad). If he's bad, we have the start of perhaps knocking down the whole Tarq conspiracy. If he's good, we can verify the many things he has been saying and doing, which connects to a lot of people. Unlike DC, he didn't just keep hiring the same person but has had his hands in a lot of things.

BTW, Kwhit was to have ardent, but if we believe him, it seems liekly he could not put in a bid yesterday. The backup was Autumn, but I don't think he said he got him. Or it's possible people in jail can still bid for a service, and DC probably bid for him and we lost his use for the day period. We can't confirm that, though.

Although my schedule is only slightly less busy the next couple days, I think it's time to accept being a consul. I will be sending in my arrest votes early out of necessity, though, so it's important whomever I am paired with is more likely to be around nearer the deadline to adjust to discussion.

VOTE CONSUL CHIEF RUM
VOTE CONSUL PASSACAGLIA

As for arrests, I think we have to concentrate on the top guys still. Coffee Warlord and KWhit would probably be the best choices, IMO. I like the possibility that they and Anxiety have been checking against one another this game, although it would have more oomph if Anxiety ends up bad.

Most of what ardent has said has checked out, but I said very early in the game that I would find it suspicious if a lawyer lives too long. I would have to say we are going to have to seriously start looking at him soon.