Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-26-2020, 10:16 PM   #27351
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Yep. That's where I expect this to end as well.

But 10.5 million solves a lot of problems. Jerry will be fine.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:26 PM   #27352
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
This story is headed in the direction anyone paying attention would expect. If we've learned one thing about anti-gay Christians it's that they're probably attracted to men.

So you are saying Falwell Jr. is a closeted bi-sexual or gay?

I would think CNN or MSNBC would have gone to print with the story already.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 10:29 PM   #27353
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The entire argument from the GOP is, you won't be safe in Biden's America, just look at what's happening!

I can see people being concerned about the violence, but it seems like a hell of a bank shot for a sizable number to see the violence, look at who is the President, and then blame it all on Joe Biden.

I've figured the easiest slam dunk line that Biden can deliver in any debate if Trump brings up law and order or whatever is "This is your America, Donald!"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 10:39 PM   #27354
RainMaker
General Manager

I think Falwell and his wife are just swingers. He is into cuckold stuff but not sure that makes him gay.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 10:57 PM   #27355
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I think Falwell and his wife are just swingers. He is into cuckold stuff but not sure that makes him gay.

The 2nd pool boy is strongly alluding to there being more than watching.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 06:01 AM   #27356
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I've figured the easiest slam dunk line that Biden can deliver in any debate if Trump brings up law and order or whatever is "This is your America, Donald!"

SI

My gut tells me there is a fair chance the "law and order" stuff will work well for Trump. Suburban moderate housewives don't really hear much from Biden re: the violence. Right or wrong, my guess is Trump benefits more than is hurt by attacking Biden on being "soft".
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 06:11 AM   #27357
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
So you are saying Falwell Jr. is a closeted bi-sexual or gay?

I would think CNN or MSNBC would have gone to print with the story already.

As much as it would be really cool for them to expose whatever hypocrisy that is there, I really hope that they have not gone to print with the story because there is no reason to out him if that is the case. Unless there is something that I missed that shows attempts to harm the pool guys, this may be the one and only time I will feel bad for the Falwells.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:05 AM   #27358
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
The 2nd pool boy is strongly alluding to there being more than watching.

This rumor has been out there for years. The 1st pool boy was known and many assumed it was Jerry not his wife involved with him.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:44 AM   #27359
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I hope one day for a world where consenting adults get to fuck whatever other consenting adults they want in whatever way they want* and no one else cares.

*Assuming, of course, proper use of masks and social distancing
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:50 AM   #27360
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I hope one day for a world where consenting adults get to fuck whatever other consenting adults they want in whatever way they want* and no one else cares.

*Assuming, of course, proper use of masks and social distancing

Sure. Agreed. You sort of lose the right of non-judgment though when you've built a career on judging and inciting violence against people based on who they fuck as consenting adults.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jerry-...-of-a-pool-boy

Last edited by BillyMadison : 08-27-2020 at 07:50 AM.
BillyMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:52 AM   #27361
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMadison View Post
Sure. Agreed. You sort of lose the right of non-judgment though when you've built a career on judging and inciting violence against people based on who they fuck as consenting adults.

Attention Required! | Cloudflare

Oh, yeah, people like the Fallwells and their adherents are a large part of the problem.

It just seems like this is 2020, and we've got a lot of real problems out there. And, as a society, we really should be over this by now.
Old 08-27-2020, 07:55 AM   #27362
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
My gut tells me there is a fair chance the "law and order" stuff will work well for Trump. Suburban moderate housewives don't really hear much from Biden re: the violence. Right or wrong, my guess is Trump benefits more than is hurt by attacking Biden on being "soft".

eh, I don't think so. Trump is coming at this like it is 1955 and the wife gets her cues from her husband. Just the term suburban housewife is condescending to a lot of women who are educated and outearn their husbands in a lot of cases.

Are there a lot of women who take pride in being a housewife and see it as traditional values and family structure, sure, but I suspect they aren't the voter he needs to swing to his advantage.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 08:10 AM   #27363
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
It just seems like this is 2020, and we've got a lot of real problems out there. And, as a society, we really should be over this by now.

I'm actually optimistic this is part of that process. I'm old enough to remember when Gary Hart's adultery and candidates' confessions of past marijuana use was effectively disqualifying. The head on pikes (and our later regret over them) were part of the process of getting part it, it seems.

Demographics are on our side here, too. The people who care so deeply about where other people put their junk are, on balance, just plain dying off. Back to "two Americas" I know, as this isn't absolute, but the median is moving in the right direction.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 10:11 AM   #27364
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

I am going to sadly agree. I am starting to mentally prepare for the next for years of this asshat in office. Both my wife and I are 52 with 5 teenagers that will be off to college/work over the next 7 years. So we have to at least stick around for that long but I am working on my PhD and can do my type of work from anywhere in the world and we are going to start exploring immigrating to maybe Scotland or Ireland down the road.

I suspect if Trump gets in again either Don Jr., Ivanaka, Kushner, or someone worse gets elected in 2028. I hate to be the overreacting alarmist and hope I am proven wrong but I also like to live life with contingency plans for a number of scenarios. I could not stomach watching the US descend into authoritarianism or something worse.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 10:19 AM   #27365
Jas_lov
College Starter

I just wonder how many people there are that haven't already made up their minds. Does a few days of a convention erase the last four years? And the law and order stuff may work on some but to me it's harder to do if you're the incumbent. If this is the way things are when you're in charge how does giving you another four years make things any better? Nixon was able to use it because it was a different time and he was the challenger to LBJ/Humphrey.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 10:41 AM   #27366
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I wax and wane on how pessimistic/optimistic I am re: Biden/Trump.

I would note, though, on the pro-Biden side of things that he had a strategy of not over-reacting to every little 6-hour mini news/social media cycle. And that bore him fruit when people actually went to vote, even as his campaign endured dozens (maybe even hundreds) of moments throughout the campaign where people on Twitter freaked out that Biden was being silent about something and that silence was going to doom his campaign (and then that something was forgotten in 48 hours).

Trump is a brawler and thrives in chaos. And he wants to bring Biden down into the mud with him. And Biden, so far, is refusing to take that bait. I think that's probably the right strategy.

Biden, of course, needs to affirmatively campaign. But the election isn't for a couple of months. He has time to get a measured response out once these situations stop changing by the minute.

(I would also note that Biden does respond to things, but his responses don't get a ton of free media coverage like every emanation from the mouth of Trump, so sometimes it seems like he isn't saying anything when he actually is).
Old 08-27-2020, 10:51 AM   #27367
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
I just wonder how many people there are that haven't already made up their minds. Does a few days of a convention erase the last four years? And the law and order stuff may work on some but to me it's harder to do if you're the incumbent. If this is the way things are when you're in charge how does giving you another four years make things any better? Nixon was able to use it because it was a different time and he was the challenger to LBJ/Humphrey.

It's a small minority that are influenced by these things so fluidly, but I guess its enough to swing close elections.

I see 538 has Biden winning 69% of their projections now v. 73% earlier this week, and as high as 79% in late June. That's a pretty significant increase in Trump's chances. Things really aren't that different than they were in June. But there's an incumbent advantage that might become more pronounced as we go. I thought Biden was doing well to lay relatively low and let Trump do his thing, but, Trump's thing resonates with people.

Last edited by molson : 08-27-2020 at 10:52 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 10:52 AM   #27368
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Good Biden ad.

Old 08-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #27369
spleen1015
Coordinator

That's the kind of ad I want to see from a Presidential candidate.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:02 PM   #27370
Ksyrup

Every time I see the GOP lawlessness argument against Biden, this is exactly what I think:

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-27-2020 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:14 PM   #27371
RainMaker
General Manager

Trump has lost a lot of support in the suburbs among women. The top reason they say is his racism. So I don't know if a racist campaign is going to sway them back.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:17 PM   #27372
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Trump has lost a lot of support in the suburbs among women. The top reason they say is his racism. So I don't know if a racist campaign is going to sway them back.

I can only speak anecdotally, and she wouldn't have voted him anyway, but my wife is a well educated professional woman. She doesn't enjoy being referred to as a suburban housewife. I suspect she isn't alone
Old 08-27-2020, 12:19 PM   #27373
Ksyrup

My wife is non-political. She only occasionally votes and I don't recall whether she voted in 2016. Likely not, because she wouldn't have felt compelled to vote for either candidate and doesn't care enough to vote 3rd party. She now hates Trump with a passion and is looking forward to voting in this election.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:44 PM   #27374
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy
she's being criticized for relying on a narrative of immigration, while the GOP actively try to restrict it & because her & her family's immigration might not even meet the current GOP standards.

I think my point on how this kind of hypocrisy is extremely common still stands. There are similar types of comments one could make about Biden's DNC speech. I think those just don't bother us as much because we think (a view I share) he'd be one heck of an improvement over Trump as president.
Brian Swartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 01:53 PM   #27375
stevew
Hall Of Famer

saw some mail in ballot request counts somewhere.
PA- 1.28million D 526k R (I do think a lot of people in the state are registered as democrats but are actually republicans, but who knows)
Florida 2.08m D 1.37m R 873k IND
Colorado 1.1m d 1.09M R 1.73m ind
NC 244k D 72k R

So yeah fucking up the mail is a damned good idea.

Last edited by stevew : 08-27-2020 at 01:53 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 03:28 PM   #27376
spleen1015
Coordinator

Just got a text from Lara Trump.

Are you prepared to do the right thing and vote for Donald Trump for President? All Americans should be proud to vote Republican in the 2020 election!
Old 08-27-2020, 04:04 PM   #27377
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Just got a text from Lara Trump.

Are you prepared to do the right thing and vote for Donald Trump for President? All Americans should be proud to vote Republican in the 2020 election!

Are you looking for suggestions on the reply?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 04:09 PM   #27378
spleen1015
Coordinator

I already replied Fuck Trump and blocked the number.
Old 08-27-2020, 04:51 PM   #27379
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I already replied Fuck Trump and blocked the number.

Succinct and to the point, no superfluous banter, I like it.
Old 08-27-2020, 05:49 PM   #27380
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The WH, with hundreds of chairs pressed together, says it's observing strict guidelines tonight and encouraging masks.
Old 08-27-2020, 06:17 PM   #27381
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

I fully expect Trump to say something inflammatory tonight about the Kenosha shooter
BillyMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 06:48 PM   #27382
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

If you aren't following her, you are missing out.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:08 PM   #27383
RainMaker
General Manager

Is it bad that I couldn't tell it was a joke till she started mentioning positions? It feels harder to do parody these days.
Old 08-27-2020, 07:08 PM   #27384
Ksyrup

Trump is calling for Biden to be drug tested before the debates because he went from being incoherent in early Dem debates to normal against Bernie. Really, this jackleg just has to go, now. To another country preferably.
Old 08-27-2020, 07:53 PM   #27385
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

It's still got that Trump whiff of not-too-stupid, though.

He and his people have been putting out how Biden is senile. And someone must have finally pointed out to him that Biden actually looked perfectly fine in the debates.

So Trump now says that Biden must have taken drugs b/c Biden looked confused and out of it in the first debates, and then he looked fine in the Bernie debate, so he must have been (brain) juicing.

Biden, of course, did not look confused or out of it in the early debates. But no persuadable voter was watching the early Democratic Primary debates. So Trump lies, and no one will call him on it (and if they do call him on it, then we are suddenly looking at old debates to see if there is any point at which Biden wasn't at 100%. which is a win for Trump)

So, somehow, he gives the GOP leaning voter another reason to vote for him: "Yeah, Biden looked fine in his debate with Trump. But he was so out of it in those early debates. We just can't take that chance."
Old 08-27-2020, 07:54 PM   #27386
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Trump is calling for Biden to be drug tested before the debates because he went from being incoherent in early Dem debates to normal against Bernie. Really, this jackleg just has to go, now. To another country preferably.

This fuck stick can move to Greenland since he wanted to buy it so bad. Man, if there has ever been a bigger buffoon to ascend so high in America I would love someone to point them out.
Old 08-27-2020, 08:01 PM   #27387
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

So Trump mismanages the coronavirus so horribly that you can't have fans at sporting events.

So, with no fans in the stands, the athletes are more free to forfeit games than they would otherwise be. No angry fans booing or demanding refunds.

As a result, we are seeing Major League Baseball teams choosing not to play and leaving Black Lives Matter t-shirts on home plate.

(Aside--BASEBALL??!?!? Yeah, the NBA I can see. But what demographic is more reliably GOP than baseball players and fans? Holy shit!)

Which really hurts Trump's core message.

Like, if he had just done literally nothing and let the scientists and Congress handle the virus, there would be fans in the stands. And teams would be playing games. And he'd have that much less egg on his face.

Fitting.
Old 08-27-2020, 08:03 PM   #27388
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Is it bad that I couldn't tell it was a joke till she started mentioning positions? It feels harder to do parody these days.

I literally googled upside down scuba diver to make sure I wasn't missing something
Old 08-27-2020, 08:40 PM   #27389
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I find it darkly humorous that it's called the "Police Benevolent Association" and the guy in charge is named "Lynch", talking about rioting, of course, but not the cause.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-27-2020 at 08:40 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 08:46 PM   #27390
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Re: Biden brain juicing. If Biden found a drug that can make a senile person into an intelligent non-senile person he'd make billions.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2020, 08:54 PM   #27391
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Re: Biden brain juicing. If Biden found a drug that can make a senile person into an intelligent non-senile person he'd make billions.

He obviously eats babies for Adrenochrome.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:10 PM   #27392
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
He obviously eats babies for Adrenochrome.

Pre QAnon you would have laughed at that and moved on. Now, wouldn’t bat an eyelid if that was actually something front and center by next week.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:21 PM   #27393
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

And why wouldn't we want the President to take that medicine? Hell, give some to Trump, too. Make it mandatory for officeholders. It sounds like magic.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:23 PM   #27394
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I find it darkly humorous that it's called the "Police Benevolent Association" and the guy in charge is named "Lynch", talking about rioting, of course, but not the cause.

SI

The whole thing comes full circle when you remember Guliani became Mayor after he led a racist riot by cops in New York.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:27 PM   #27395
RainMaker
General Manager

Friday A/V Club: Watch New York Cops Riot Against the Mayor—in 1992 – Reason.com
Old 08-27-2020, 09:29 PM   #27396
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The WH lawn is like a mini Sturgis.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:53 PM   #27397
thesloppy
Pro Starter

At this point I am absolutely fascinated by the few folks at the RNC that ARE wearing masks. What are their beliefs?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 10:10 PM   #27398
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This is so disgusting. I need a shower. Late term abortions, socialism trojan horse, sanctuary cities, insane flat out lies.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:27 PM   #27399
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just said if he doesn't win second amendment doesn't stand a chance. I mean, its only survived 250 or so years. Was a good run

Last edited by Lathum : 08-27-2020 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:43 PM   #27400
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
At this point I am absolutely fascinated by the few folks at the RNC that ARE wearing masks. What are their beliefs?

I think it is hilarious. Like these dudes are in their 70s and 80s. They know what it means if they catch it but can't piss off daddy. Like the Darwin Awards in real time.