Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-18-2020, 10:23 PM   #27001
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The incredible thing is Trumps advisors will actually be forced into looking into it
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 10:25 PM   #27002
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Am I the only one that thought that was sarcasm based on panerd's repeated accusations of racism?
Old 08-18-2020, 10:37 PM   #27003
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

dola

If I understand things, the libertarian argued that arbitrary and excessive government regulation has no bearing on the behavior of the populace.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:39 PM   #27004
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
dola

If I understand things, the libertarian argued that arbitrary and excessive government regulation has no bearing on the behavior of the populace.

Found this posted elsewhere, may not fit exactly but interesting nonetheless (looks like part of a series).

The Alt-Right Playbook: The Card Says Moops - YouTube
Old 08-18-2020, 10:52 PM   #27005
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Yup.

*3, and I'll add morally bankrupt as well.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:59 PM   #27006
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
In Oregon & Washington turnout for presidential elections has been above 80% in practically every instance since adopting voting entirely by mail.

I feel like this post was (purposely?) ignored. Vote by mail increases turnout. Which is why Trump literally said he wants to limit it.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:45 AM   #27007
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

So, let's some up what happened last night: "Hey, look! A troll! Lets feed it!"
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:47 AM   #27008
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Found this posted elsewhere, may not fit exactly but interesting nonetheless (looks like part of a series).

The Alt-Right Playbook: The Card Says Moops - YouTube

Nailed it!
Old 08-19-2020, 05:47 AM   #27009
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

It's a shame that vote by mail became a partisan thing.

Studies showed that it did not help on party or another.

And it is safe, pretty much impossible to hack, and increases turnout.

The states that do it all like it on a bipartisan basis.

But, now that Trump has poisoned the well, we will never have it because a huge group of people will go to their graves insisting that it is a "Democrat plot."
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:19 AM   #27010
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

GOP nominated Larua Loomer for Congress.

Whether Trump wins in November will have huge effects on our country.

But I don't think it will do much to change the GOP either way.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:29 AM   #27011
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd
Not somebody. The COVID proof protesters who can protest in crowds of 10000s and not get sick but cant stand in line on election day to vote due to the deadly virus.

TBF, from what I remember on the research, it did not say the BLM protesters did not get coronavirus. It said there was not a spike because many stayed home, away etc. and therefore, overall there was not a spike. I suspect more BLM protesters proportionately did get the virus.

But your point is taken, there wasn't a lot of doom-and-gloom on this board re: protesters themselves catching the virus. BLM protests is a priority for many here and so helping spread the virus among themselves wasn't something to rail against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillps
The joint Senate Intelligence Committee report makes it clear that the Trump/Russia connection in 2016 was basically the worst case scenario.

Yeah, definitely some dirty politics at work. But not worse case which would have been that these activities were significant enough where Trump was elected because of them and therefore an illegitimate presidency.

Quote:
What is my opinion? Maybe they all would vote for Trump. I don't presume they are all black and I don't presume what they all would do. Maybe they would all vote Libertarian. Then we would have an issue on our hands. But no he has solved that a third party will never be viable but can't wrap his head around the idea that maybe 40% of the people just don't care or want to vote. Maybe it's that simple?

Whereas I do believe there is "suppression" by the definition of the word, the real question to me is do these suppression tactics really prevent the non-bell curve exception (e.g. I proposed the 80%) from voting? 55% voted in 2016, is the other 25% really prevented (vs inconvenienced) from voting? Nope, it is their duty and privilege to go out and vote and, if necessary, plan ahead to get what they need to get to vote in person or absentee/mail-in.

However, I concede that majority of the people "inconvenienced" would vote Dem. Just my swag, 2016 had 51%-48% as Dem/lean vs Rep/lean so somewhere around this + a couple more % for Dem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy
In Oregon & Washington turnout for presidential elections has been above 80% in practically every instance since adopting voting entirely by mail.

Not sure about Washington but the other post on Oregon voting history showed that Oregon voted in the 70s and 80s before they did voting entirely by mail. Congrats to the Oregonians for doing their civic duty much better than many other states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep
Purposely making it more difficult to vote is suppression even if it's still possible to vote. I don't know how you don't see it that way, but it's called suppression not prevention. Just go vote anyway when you're working multiple jobs and still not making ends meet is easy for some to say but ignores the real problem.

I like the differentiation. It is suppression by definition but not prevention.

NY Times says 43 states allows absentee/mail-in, the other 7 require some sort of excuse. Go vote by absentee if they land in your use case.

Quote:
Subtle racism on your part?

Definitely not ADL-racism.

Quote:
OMG!!! He disagrees with the echo chamber. RACIST!!!!!!

Congrats panerd. It typically takes at least 2-full pages before personal attacks come up with the non-ADL R-word. You may have the record.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:55 AM   #27012
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone V
If Biden goes globalism, which he is, he loses.

This country is way to the nationalistic side. Nationalism before all.

Trump wins if Biden goes that strategy.

I think there is a nuance here. Most Americans are okay with some sort of globalism if it helps them, not perceived to be a threat, and doesn't hurt their pocket books too much.

I've tried finding recent polls and have been unsuccessful but I can see if Biden goes buddy buddy with China or Russia, that would be bad. If Biden does more with Canada-Mexico, UK & EU that's probably okay.

For many manufacturing people, NAFTA (or what is it called now) is bad.

For many IT people, spread of IT outsourcing is bad.

Quote:
Polling has shown a continued rise in support for immigration and free trade over the Trump years. Even things like working with allies can be seen at higher levels than in 2016.

I agree on immigration, specifically "legal" immigration.

I tried finding recent polls on "polls on globalization" and "US views on globalization". I did find a WP one in 2016 but honestly think that is kinda old and the country is moving more towards nationalism vs globalism. In other words, globalism may still be majority but think the trend is towards nationalism.

I would like to read more about current polling so appreciate some links if you are so obliged.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:04 AM   #27013
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
It's a shame that vote by mail became a partisan thing.

Studies showed that it did not help on party or another.

And it is safe, pretty much impossible to hack, and increases turnout.

The states that do it all like it on a bipartisan basis.

But, now that Trump has poisoned the well, we will never have it because a huge group of people will go to their graves insisting that it is a "Democrat plot."

I remember way back when voting by computers came up. There was some that did not have an audit trail and, having an IT background and liking audit trails, I thought that was a threat.

Sure Oregonians have successfully done it but is it beyond belief (with the more awareness now about other countries trying to interfere and sow discord) that mail in could be manipulated somehow? All things held equal, I much prefer in-person voting with audit trails.

Re: who it helps more, I didn't think what you said was intuitively correct so I did some googling and found the below.

So surprise, you are right according to 538. And therefore the discussions past couple pages re: mail suppression helping Republicans more, although not completely proven right or wrong, is probably not as significant as what's been proposed here.

There Is No Evidence That Voting By Mail Gives One Party An Advantage | FiveThirtyEight
Quote:
But before the political fighting gets too ugly, lawmakers really ought to look at the evidence. Numerous studies have arrived at the same conclusion: Voting by mail doesn’t provide any clear partisan advantage. In fact, as states have expanded their use of mailed ballots over the last decade — including five states that conduct all-mail elections by default — both parties have enjoyed a small but equal increase in turnout.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:16 AM   #27014
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Whether Trump wins in November will have huge effects on our country.

But I don't think it will do much to change the GOP either way.

I really, really hope you are wrong. Trumpism is here to stay for the near future (e.g. he'll have some supporters for the next 2-4-6-8 years) but hopefully a much smaller minority than the current 38-42%.

I hope with a significant Biden win, his long established relationships with Congressional GOP folks and reputation as a "moderate", he can get us back to some level of bi-partianship and GOP will revert back to their pre-Trump days.

Polling is showing that Dems have a chance to win the Senate. I am very interested in what Biden says are his very top priorities in the first 2 years and how he negotiates with the GOP. There is danger that Biden will swing too far left to appease the radical elements of the Dem party.

I hope there is compromise.

With that all said, a common refrain in my line of work is - "hope" is not a management strategy.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:41 AM   #27015
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I really, really hope you are wrong. Trumpism is here to stay for the near future (e.g. he'll have some supporters for the next 2-4-6-8 years) but hopefully a much smaller minority than the current 38-42%.

I hope with a significant Biden win, his long established relationships with Congressional GOP folks and reputation as a "moderate", he can get us back to some level of bi-partianship and GOP will revert back to their pre-Trump days.

Polling is showing that Dems have a chance to win the Senate. I am very interested in what Biden says are his very top priorities in the first 2 years and how he negotiates with the GOP. There is danger that Biden will swing too far left to appease the radical elements of the Dem party.

I hope there is compromise.

With that all said, a common refrain in my line of work is - "hope" is not a management strategy.

One problem is that, due to increased polarization and gerrymandering, a lot of GOP reps (and even Senators) have more to fear from losing a primary challenge from the right than losing the general election. So their inventive to meet Biden in the middle (or even halfway to the middle) is pretty much zero.

I do not think that Biden will swing too far left. The big concession that the Dems gave to the left at their convention was to let AOC talk for 60 seconds.

It is a solidly moderate party now, for good or ill.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:46 AM   #27016
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Trump has spent his morning tweeting support for Laura Loomer.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:16 AM   #27017
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

She fits his prototype, thankfully where she is running is staunchly democrat.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:18 AM   #27018
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Well, to be fair someone has to since she is banned from all social media platforms. Except maybe sports digs.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:18 AM   #27019
Kodos
Resident Alien

FOFC: Here is a picture of the Earth from space. You can see that it is a sphere.

panerd: IT'S FLAT YOU IDIOTIC DEMOCRATS!
Old 08-19-2020, 10:17 AM   #27020
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

And now Trump is urging a boycott of Goodyear over something something MAGA hats.
Old 08-19-2020, 12:55 PM   #27021
GrantDawg

Quote:
And now Trump is urging a boycott of Goodyear over something something MAGA hats.
CanCel cULture IS DesTroying OuR CoUNTRy.
Old 08-19-2020, 01:38 PM   #27022
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

This thread:

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:57 PM   #27023
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
This thread:

Let them fight
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:06 PM   #27024
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This thread:
What a privilege it is to be able to address @tedcruz @marcorubio @SenRickScott all at once. It is no slander and the same criticism applies to you. Never has anything been so clear and obvious as the truth that both Rubio and you lack principle and courage. Trump has cruelly https://t.co/mKENUklSCU
— Steve Schmidt (@SteveSchmidtSES) August 19, 2020

There are burns. And then there is that thread.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-19-2020 at 02:11 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:11 PM   #27025
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

That was pretty neat. Steve Schmidt really did a stepmom on Cruz's throat.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 08-19-2020 at 02:13 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:15 PM   #27026
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This thread:

Wow. These enabler morons should know by now that you shouldn't go up against a Lincoln Project person unless you want your ass handed to you.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:18 PM   #27027
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

For some reason the FBI Records Vault account thought it was a good idea to tweet out a copy of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:20 PM   #27028
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If Biden goes globalism, which he is, he loses.

This country is way to the nationalistic side. Nationalism before all.

Trump wins if Biden goes that strategy.

On the win/lose part, nope. Possibly true if the candidate was more palatable than Trump, but until I see a shred of evidence of him doing anything other than getting his clock cleaned, nope.

Globalism is the future. Nationalism is the past. It doesn't even matter if we like that anymore, economic realities make in inevitable. We can either profit from globalism, or lose our shirts trying to fight it and failing, but it's here whether we like it or not.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:22 PM   #27029
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The DHS employee that spoke out against Trump says today that Trump didn't just want to buy Greenland, he wanted to swap it for Puerto Rico.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:34 PM   #27030
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
The DHS employee that spoke out against Trump says today that Trump didn't just want to buy Greenland, he wanted to swap it for Puerto Rico.

The Director's Cut of this Presidency is going to be crazy.

Can you imagine how many scenes they filmed that never made it out to the public?

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 08-19-2020 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:52 PM   #27031
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Mask fully off.

Old 08-19-2020, 02:56 PM   #27032
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Don't you mean "hood"?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:56 PM   #27033
QuikSand
lolzcat

It's funny how people still claim to be undecided whether Mr Trump is racist.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:04 PM   #27034
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

The Republican Party.

Old 08-19-2020, 03:11 PM   #27035
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Man, today has been quite a day for crazy. In addition to all of the above, the Press Secretary said that Trump will decide whether or not to accept the results of the election in the aftermath of the vote.
Old 08-19-2020, 03:19 PM   #27036
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

ADL dictionary incoming!

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:25 PM   #27037
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
ADL dictionary incoming!

Nope. Need to keep up, I've already said that Trump & Stephen Miller are racist.

But thanks for trying to make the distinction. Maybe its getting through. Am waiting on the new definition but haven't seen it yet.
Old 08-19-2020, 03:31 PM   #27038
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
That was pretty neat. Steve Schmidt really did a stepmom on Cruz's throat.

Please let this become part of FOFC lore...

Thanks Lathum
Old 08-19-2020, 03:52 PM   #27039
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Interesting side story to the protesting/covid/police in PDX:

A Weed Robbery Spree Strikes Portland Cannabis Shops, Even as Police Are Stretched Thin - Willamette Week

50 smash and grabs at SE Portland marijuana dispensaries over the last couple months. Omar coming!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 04:34 PM   #27040
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Man, today has been quite a day for crazy. In addition to all of the above, the Press Secretary said that Trump will decide whether or not to accept the results of the election in the aftermath of the vote.

Trump will NOT accept a banning.

/throwback
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:17 PM   #27041
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Just keeps getting crazier. Trump basically validates QAnon.

Old 08-19-2020, 05:20 PM   #27042
Ksyrup

How can anyone support this POS.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-19-2020, 05:40 PM   #27043
molson
General Manager

Ranked voting option I'm going:

1. Biden
2. Cult of Pedophiles and Cannibals
3. Trump
4. Jo Jorgensen

Edit: Forgot Kanye. Either #3, #4, or #5. I'd need to see a Trump/Kanye/Jorgensen debate to sort that out.

Last edited by molson : 08-19-2020 at 05:51 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:55 PM   #27044
Ksyrup

After that debate, you'd need to also see a psychiatrist to sort that out.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:01 PM   #27045
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Please let this become part of FOFC lore...

Thanks Lathum

39,113 posts and I may have finally contributed to this place.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:49 PM   #27046
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
someone should tell him NAMBLA likes him very much, and see what he has to say about that.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:51 PM   #27047
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
someone should tell him NAMBLA likes him very much, and see what he has to say about that.

"I lost my membershi... uh, I don't know a lot about that, but they love young Americans and me, so they must be fine people. Got great ratings for Jerry Springer, I bet I could get 10 times his number."
Old 08-19-2020, 07:46 PM   #27048
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Saw a Q thing today that supposedly believes AOC is Jodi Arias.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:08 PM   #27049
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Saw a Q thing today that supposedly believes AOC is Jodi Arias.

Well it does make perfect sense. I can find absolutely no flaw in that theory whatsoever.

Now excuse while I go take whatever covid cure the MyPillow guy is pushing.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:48 PM   #27050
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post

Holy shit. if i could have a press pass for just one day