Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-02-2024, 12:13 PM   #2601
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Kyle Rittenhouse says he will not vote for Trump

When you've lost Rittenhouse you've lost the White House.

The world comes at you fast.....

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2024, 12:23 PM   #2602
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Congratulations to Kamala Harris, who just officially clinched the Democratic nomination. I was a bit nervous about an open convention, but it was the fair thing to do, and I'm glad the Dems did it the right way.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2024, 12:30 PM   #2603
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Is that Trump tweet real? So much to unpack. He says Rittenhouse murdered more people than him?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2024, 12:41 PM   #2604
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
My therapist says people have to bottom out before they realize they need help. I view the modern GOP like that. Some guys have tried to rescue them from Trump, but until the party really bottoms out and starts overwhelmingly losing elections MAGA and the Trump stain will be a part of it.

The frame of reference that I always come back to was one of the most vocal and publicized family of defectors from Jonestown. Buried in their story was the fact that what drove them away had nothing to do with the delusional beliefs or actions/murders being carried out, it was seeing Jim Jones personally beat their daughter for 20 minutes...otherwise they probably would've happily stuck around and drank the flavoraid.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 08-02-2024 at 12:45 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2024, 12:47 PM   #2605
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Is that Trump tweet real? So much to unpack. He says Rittenhouse murdered more people than him?

No, it's a parody.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2024, 12:50 PM   #2606
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
The frame of reference that I always come back to was one of the most vocal and publicized family of defectors from Jonestown. Buried in their story was the fact that what drove them away had nothing to do with the delusional beliefs or actions/murders being carried out, it was seeing Jim Jones personally beat their daughter for 20 minutes...otherwise they probably would've happily stuck around and drank the flavoraid.

If you ever get into cult-survivor stories, there is a lot of that. It will take something traumatic and major generally to get someone to leave, and it is amazing how often even after that they still sympathize with the cult/cult leader.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 08-02-2024 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-02-2024, 12:58 PM   #2607
GrantDawg

VP Harris is starting to pack her team with former Obama strategist.
Old 08-02-2024, 01:35 PM   #2608
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
If you ever get into cult-survivor stories, there is a lot of that. It will take something traumatic and major generally to get someone to leave, and it is amazing how often even after that they still sympathize with the cult/cult leader.

Yeah, and most importantly I think it has to be personal. Watching someone else's kid get beat, or someone else's trauma, won't suffice, it has to effect them directly.

...all of which is to say I don't know if that's possible with this kind of political cult. They are too far removed from the leader to be directly and individually effected with that kind of trauma, and even if they were there's still enough distance and noise in the signal for the cult to spin at as someone else's fault.
Old 08-02-2024, 01:45 PM   #2609
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Congratulations to Kamala Harris, who just officially clinched the Democratic nomination. I was a bit nervous about an open convention, but it was the fair thing to do, and I'm glad the Dems did it the right way.

lol you mean after they fucked it up in 2016? yeah
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2024, 02:05 PM   #2610
GrantDawg

This could be interesting. Big hitters in Congress pulling for Walz to be the pick.

House Democrats home in on Tim Walz as Kamala Harris VP choice
Old 08-02-2024, 02:16 PM   #2611
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Walz is the best option. Keeps the party united and he's down-to-earth. Thought it would be Shapiro but a lot of the stuff coming out on him could bring trouble.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2024, 02:17 PM   #2612
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Yeah, and most importantly I think it has to be personal. Watching someone else's kid get beat, or someone else's trauma, won't suffice, it has to effect them directly.

...all of which is to say I don't know if that's possible with this kind of political cult. They are too far removed from the leader to be directly and individually effected with that kind of trauma, and even if they were there's still enough distance and noise in the signal for the cult to spin at as someone else's fault.

The other difference here is that unlike cultists, who are typically cut off from family/friends and even the outside world, Trumpers are actually just the opposite - many of the most extreme are on social media and otherwise make their love of Trump well known. So there's the necessity of reforming an identity that's complicated by the fact that it's often a public persona, and it's hard for people to give that up because everyone knows what you were before.

I often think that's part of the reason we see people double down on stupidity over and over, because it's much easier psychologically to defend the indefensible than to admit you are wrong.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-02-2024 at 02:18 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2024, 02:21 PM   #2613
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

If you want to read some depressing stuff, check out this subreddit. Filled with people who's family members went down the QAnon road.

Blocked
Old 08-02-2024, 02:25 PM   #2614
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Suddenly, once Biden dropped out, all these VP hopefuls are out there campaigning. Feels like the longer the choice can be delayed, the better. Does that kill some of the momentum once a lot of these guys know they're not going to be VP?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2024, 02:48 PM   #2615
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Walz is the best option. Keeps the party united and he's down-to-earth. Thought it would be Shapiro but a lot of the stuff coming out on him could bring trouble.

Agreed. I was for Kelly earlier, but I don't think he is bulldog enough for what you want in VP candidate. He has a great pedigree, but not much bark. Shapiro's popularity in a must win state is nice, but I think he is going to be a huge negative distraction nationally. Walz has the ability to get mean, but he also has a disarming charm. I think he will play well in the Midwest and beyond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Suddenly, once Biden dropped out, all these VP hopefuls are out there campaigning. Feels like the longer the choice can be delayed, the better. Does that kill some of the momentum once a lot of these guys know they're not going to be VP?

I really do think you will see all of them on the campaign trail with whoever gets the VP nod next week. Most of them are probably looking at cabinet positions in a Harris White House.
Old 08-02-2024, 02:53 PM   #2616
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I still think we see state level politicians active on the trail because they know what a danger Trump is and they will be thinking about the down ballot races.
Old 08-02-2024, 03:05 PM   #2617
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Agreed. I was for Kelly earlier, but I don't think he is bulldog enough for what you want in VP candidate. He has a great pedigree, but not much bark. Shapiro's popularity in a must win state is nice, but I think he is going to be a huge negative distraction nationally. Walz has the ability to get mean, but he also has a disarming charm. I think he will play well in the Midwest and beyond.

Walz has a really good story too. Grew up in a small rural town, went to smaller state schools, and was a high school teacher. He won a red House seat to get started, had opposed the Iraq War, and voted against bank bailouts. I think that will play incredibly well in the Midwest and lure some rural, working class voters. He's a pretty tough guy to attack and seems like someone both liberals and progressives like.

Shapiro is really good off the cuff and would be tough too. He's about as good as it gets for a politician in interviews and debates. But his past is going to be scrutinized much more and used against him. Just seems like a risk when the momentum is shifting in your favor and the vibes are good with the whole party. Democrats love fucking things up so I think he'll be chosen.
Old 08-02-2024, 03:17 PM   #2618
GrantDawg

Walz was also a Command Sergeant Major in the National Guard.
Old 08-02-2024, 03:47 PM   #2619
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Have to vote for the guy who got degrees from the same school as Danny Woodhead and Adam Thielen.
Old 08-02-2024, 03:59 PM   #2620
GrantDawg

Holy crap! If this is true, people are getting fired.

Old 08-02-2024, 04:17 PM   #2621
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

That sucks but Dems gonna Dem.
Old 08-02-2024, 04:19 PM   #2622
GrantDawg

It looks like it wasn't a leak, but a video made last week openly campaigning for Shapiro to get the job.

Edit: It is totally possible that the VP and her close staff might know who they are going to pick, but there is zero chance it has been told to anyone else including the eventual pick.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 08-02-2024 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-02-2024, 04:22 PM   #2623
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
If this was the case Trump and the GOP wouldn’t be freaking out over the whole thing and they very much are.

Huh? Them freaking out has nothing to do with the points I made.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2024, 04:24 PM   #2624
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Kyle Rittenhouse was given proper reeducation. He now supports Dear Leader.
Old 08-02-2024, 05:26 PM   #2625
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The Shapiro leak being a head fake would inspire a lot of confidence in Kamala's team.
Old 08-02-2024, 05:46 PM   #2626
GrantDawg

It wasn't a leak. It was made a week ago by the Philly mayor to campaign for Shapiro to be the pick. It had nothing to do with the Harris campaign. Someone put it out today as a "leak", but it had already been out for a week.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2024, 05:48 PM   #2627
GrantDawg

https://x.com/yashar/status/18195018...5_SElWTfw&s=19

Old 08-03-2024, 04:56 PM   #2628
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The new attack angle seems to be comparing Kamala to ... Milli Vanilli.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2024, 05:16 PM   #2629
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

WTF is up with RFK Jr? He picked up a road kill bear and dumped it in Central Park ten years ago.
Old 08-04-2024, 05:45 PM   #2630
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
WTF is up with RFK Jr? He picked up a road kill bear and dumped it in Central Park ten years ago.

How much brain can a worm eat before it dies?

Quote:
In a video he posted on X, Kennedy said he had come across the bear in the morning when he was going falconing; a woman in a van in front of him hit and killed the bear.

"So, I pulled over and I picked up the bear and put him in the back of my van because I was going to skin the bear, and it was in very good condition, and I was going to put the meat in my refrigerator," Kennedy said. "And you can do that in New York state. You can get a bear tag for roadkill bear."
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2024, 06:30 PM   #2631
thesloppy
Pro Starter

My lord that sounds like bad comedy. "Cheryl! Cheryl! I got a dead bear in the car, I'm gonna skin it." but who hasn't done the same while engaged in some falconry?

The more I read about this the funnier it gets.

Last edited by thesloppy : 08-04-2024 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-04-2024, 06:45 PM   #2632
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My understanding is bear meat has a lot of parasites, would explain the brain worms.
Old 08-04-2024, 06:48 PM   #2633
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

What on earth made him think it was a good idea to share this story???
Old 08-04-2024, 07:18 PM   #2634
GrantDawg

Old 08-04-2024, 07:26 PM   #2635
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
What on earth made him think it was a good idea to share this story???

Nothing on earth makes him think. The brain worm is from outer space. Duh.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-04-2024, 07:29 PM   #2636
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

It sounds like the New Yorker was going to run a story on it and he is trying to get ahead of it.
Old 08-04-2024, 08:18 PM   #2637
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

At this point would Trump even want his endorsement? Would fit right in with the weird narrative.
Old 08-04-2024, 10:48 PM   #2638
Edward64
Head Coach

Nice summary of Kamala’s positions

What Kamala Harris has said so far on key issues in her campaign
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2024, 10:55 PM   #2639
GrantDawg

https://x.com/106th/status/182023388...3ACgQHlXA&s=19

Old 08-05-2024, 08:22 AM   #2640
Ksyrup

Quote:
x.com

Apparently I'm among the unwashed who is unable to view the post from whoever you quoted here.
Old 08-05-2024, 08:30 AM   #2641
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
x.com

I can't view it. Whats the jist?
Old 08-05-2024, 09:30 AM   #2642
Ksyrup

Sounds like VP announcement tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2024, 10:43 AM   #2643
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I know this is a joke, but it's also a more believable story. He knew his schedule before he picked up the bear and even if things didn't run long he wouldn't have had time to skin and butcher and freeze the bear prior to his flight. I expect the plan all along was to do something crazy with the dead bear. It's very on-brand for the guy that still behaves as if he's the untouchable prince at boarding school.

edit: I guess we should all be thankful that he or someone else didn't just fuck the bear for giggles.

Last edited by JPhillips : 08-05-2024 at 10:43 AM.
JPhillips is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2024, 10:54 AM   #2644
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

edit: I guess we should all be thankful that he or someone else didn't just fuck the bear for giggles.

To my knowledge JD Vance has not denied fucking that bear.
Old 08-05-2024, 10:57 AM   #2645
Ksyrup

I would expect either or both of them to deny it thusly:

I did not fuck that particular bear.
Old 08-05-2024, 11:06 AM   #2646
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Maga dopes downright gleeful the market is tanking. Really thinking about the middle class.
Old 08-05-2024, 11:12 AM   #2647
bhlloy
Coordinator

Rawdogging a dead bear is a great way to naturally build up your immune system
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2024, 11:14 AM   #2648
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I would expect either or both of them to deny it thusly:

I did not fuck that particular bear.

This needs a like button.
Old 08-05-2024, 12:08 PM   #2649
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Wasn’t he approximately 62 years old at this moment?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2024, 12:12 PM   #2650
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

PredictIt seems to think that it is either Shapiro or Walz. Everyone else's odds have gone way down.

I don't get the sense that that's based on anything real though. There's just a lot of people speculating about those two, and it seems like when that happens enough, people start to think that it's actual facts.

As always, those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.