Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2008, 10:41 AM   #2551
JeanGrey
Mascot

I must state I eye Firebird suspiciously not knowing whether or not to believe the idea that Traitors could attack two in the same night and have such rotten luck as to run into the exact two people who could not be killed by night attacks.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:43 AM   #2552
Cable
Mascot

Beast shall pay for his assault against my teammate!

I was hoping the length of our partnership would prove to be a benefit in helping us take care of the traitors.

STANDARD ATTACK BEAST
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #2553
Quicksilver
n00b

Attack Beast.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #2554
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Ok, now I'm confused. Apparently I wasn't confused enough earlier, but yeah, now it's happened. I can feel it. Complete and total lack of understanding happening in my head. Again.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #2555
Quicksilver
n00b

Well I guess it was 2 night kills. How odd!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #2556
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
Ok, now I'm confused. Apparently I wasn't confused enough earlier, but yeah, now it's happened. I can feel it. Complete and total lack of understanding happening in my head. Again.
This is new for you?
Old 10-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #2557
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

JG - So what are the, ahem, ramifications of your new (or soon to be new) state?
Old 10-13-2008, 10:46 AM   #2558
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
This is new for you?

No. Hence the "Again.".
Old 10-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #2559
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Catching up on things. it appears that my big push over the weekend to try to get us to focus even further on missions did not end up resulting in much as there are no missions to go on for today.

Luckily other excitement seems to be occuring that I am trying to grasp. It seems that one of the following is true:

1) Somehow the rebels made multiple attacks last night? And attacked both Jean Grey and Firebird? Is that possible?

2) Only one of the two is telling the truth and the other is trying to distract us away for some reason? If so, which one? Firebird offers up a name, Jeangrey does not. Jeangrey was reported to having been killed in the morning writeup, there was no mention of Firebird.

Phoenix, can you tell us who attacked Jeangrey? Based on what Firebird has said, you should know your attacker. If not, then it helps go to the idea that one of the two is not necessarilly telling the entire truth.

Out of curiosity, when Firebird said Nightcrawler was bad, and Nightcrawler ended up good.. who was it that pronounced that based on the writeup Nightcrawler was obviously posessed but no longer was bad (thus the good listing in the death roster on page 1). I want to remember it was either Emma or Jean.. I just don't remember which.

I am not sure exactly which way is best to proceed today. I could possibly try to send the Phoenix into the negative zone today until we see what is up with Firebird/Beast today. However I would rather use the negative zone for sending someone to protect instead as subtle hints I have received have told me there might be some chance to explore the negative zone, and I don't want to risk sending the Phoenix if she is indeed bad.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #2560
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Here are the possibilities as I see it:

- The traitors can attack twice (and haven't done so previously) and went 0 for 2

- One of the two of them is lying with a sacrificial lamb look for the traitors to get someone important out

- The traitors attacked one of them, and some other faction (Herald?) attacked the other.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #2561
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
No. Hence the "Again.".

Fair enough.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #2562
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Caught up now...little to add.
The rebels focused of eliminating our telepaths, likely assuming that in them would be found individuals who could identify traitors at night.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #2563
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
JG - So what are the, ahem, ramifications of your new (or soon to be new) state?
The Phoenix force is powerful. That power with-in me can be shaped and directed, but when threatened responds with force.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #2564
Cable
Mascot

Hang on just a second.

WITHDRAW ATTACK ON BEAST
Old 10-13-2008, 10:53 AM   #2565
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
So Spiderman, please give us more than this. Who do you suspect? Do you think you will be better on a Galactus mission or a rebel one and why? Do you think we should focus on the rebels missions like like Lord Doom suggests? What do you think of the people who have attacked you during the game?

First, I had to read about 30 pages to catch up, so there was a lot I missed just due to the volume of stuff I had to wade through today, but I tend to trust Vision, Magneto, JeanGrey, and Doom right now, but beyond that, I'm not sure.

There is one or two people who I have slight distrust in, but I want to keep those to myself right now.

For today, Beast is the obvious choice based on Firebird's info, so that's where I'll put my attack.

As far as the missions: I was pretty ineffective on my first Galactus mission, so I don't think I need to go on one of those and would be of more use on rebel missions.
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:53 AM   #2566
Firebird
n00b

My claim is that I was killed, and will leave you later today, and Beast did it. Both are provable, one when I leave the game tonight, and the other when we kill beast.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:54 AM   #2567
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
Out of curiosity, when Firebird said Nightcrawler was bad, and Nightcrawler ended up good.. who was it that pronounced that based on the writeup Nightcrawler was obviously posessed but no longer was bad (thus the good listing in the death roster on page 1). I want to remember it was either Emma or Jean.. I just don't remember which.

Someone should dredge up the post where Firebird notes that she got the sense that Nightcrawler was acting oddly. I have to go feed Polaris lunch. She was careful to note that she did not see him as "bad" per se, simply that he appeared to be under some control.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:55 AM   #2568
Cable
Mascot

Firebird wrongly accused Nightcrawler of being bad. We lynched him and he turned up good.

I want to think about this some more before automatically going after Beast.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #2569
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
My claim is that I was killed, and will leave you later today, and Beast did it. Both are provable, one when I leave the game tonight, and the other when we kill beast.

Personally, my thinking is that if your claim is essentially proved upon your death, then maybe our focus is best used today on Jean Grey's assertion.

I mean if you die tonight, then it's pretty easy, we kill Beast. If you don't, it's also pretty easy, we kill you. It takes the risk of picking the correct side off our hands. It may not be the optimum tact, but given previous incorrect assertions, it may not be a foolish one.

Granted, I don't even know where to begin with the Jean Grey attacker situtation.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #2570
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:
So Spiderman, please give us more than this. Who do you suspect? Do you think you will be better on a Galactus mission or a rebel one and why? Do you think we should focus on the rebels missions like like Lord Doom suggests? What do you think of the people who have attacked you during the game?

And to respond to your last question... I think I've been an easy target because of inactivity. I feel sure some of the people that have attacked me are rebels. But which ones?
Old 10-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #2571
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Mr F - Do we know of any potential ramifications of a baddie being inside the negative zone?
Old 10-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #2572
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:

I find your claim a bit more believable simply because you named your assailant and I can't see or understand any reason for this play if you were evil. So if you are responding to me, I don't know that there is much you have to explain to me right now. I am sure there are things working in this game that do not happen as I would understand behind the scenes, so your not being mentioned in the morning writeup is less concerning to me.

I am more worried about the claims from the Phoenix and understanding what happened there. Since it seems likely that -something- happened to Jeangrey last night, if what you say is true you know your attacker, then she should also. I don't know that it is impossible for their to be two night kills, I just am not quite sure what went on, and that is what I would like to get to the bottom of.

The other possibility I guess is there is some third party play involved here that we are unaware of, either having to remove a specific opponent (and for you it is/was Beast for some reason).
Old 10-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #2573
IronFist
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
It would appear that the evil ones are continuing their campaign to eliminate anyone with "seer" potential in this game. The landscape appears more muddled than ever.
Thankfully Jean is still alive, though unstable and dangerous in her current form.
Interestingly, she was one of my top suspects. An attempted wolf kill would seem to clear her, but since she intimated early in the game that she knew this would happen if she was attacked, what of the possibilty that this was an intentional play by the wolves to clear one of their own?
I stand very confused by events thus far.
Maybe another player has a night kill ability and used it on her.
IronFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #2574
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Work time for awhile, bbl.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:59 AM   #2575
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
I find your claim a bit more believable simply because you named your assailant and I can't see or understand any reason for this play if you were evil. So if you are responding to me, I don't know that there is much you have to explain to me right now. I am sure there are things working in this game that do not happen as I would understand behind the scenes, so your not being mentioned in the morning writeup is less concerning to me.

I am more worried about the claims from the Phoenix and understanding what happened there. Since it seems likely that -something- happened to Jeangrey last night, if what you say is true you know your attacker, then she should also. I don't know that it is impossible for their to be two night kills, I just am not quite sure what went on, and that is what I would like to get to the bottom of.

The other possibility I guess is there is some third party play involved here that we are unaware of, either having to remove a specific opponent (and for you it is/was Beast for some reason).

Is it possible that she tried to night kill Beast and he had some sort of defense against it and she is the one ending up dead?
Old 10-13-2008, 10:59 AM   #2576
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Mr F - Do we know of any potential ramifications of a baddie being inside the negative zone?

Unfortunately when I asked for more information regarding this, I was informed that sometimes Mr.Fantastic does not have the full grasp of his own inventions. I do know that a baddie in the negative zone won't be able to perform actions upon any of us, but I don't know what other things might be found there or what options they will have until someone goes. That is why I would rather send someone that we want to protect rather than the opposite for now.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #2577
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
Maybe another player has a night kill ability and used it on her.

If so, based on what Firebird says, she should be able to tell us who that is.

That way Beast and this other person can make their apparent claims for not being a bad guy and instead having a good guy night kill option or whatever.. Then we can laugh and decide which one to kill.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #2578
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post
Is it possible that she tried to night kill Beast and he had some sort of defense against it and she is the one ending up dead?

If so, I figure that will sort itself out tonight since we'll know Firebird's allegiance upon her upcoming death.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #2579
IronFist
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
Well, based upon the Herald list I came up with earlier I'm voting for Iron Fist. He hasn't done much and if he can delay Galactus, I'd like to know what he's doing about it. I think the list of possible rebels is everyone at this point (with the exception of Doom....and Frank you made my list at least).

Possible Heralds
Mr. Fantastic
Iron Fist
Firebird
Aardwolf
Nick Fury
Spider Man

STANDARD ATTACK IRON FIST
For what it is worth, your list is weak. You took a whole list of people off because they participated in a rebel mission. What does that have to do with Galactus?

What I can do to impact Galactus is, I can meditate through the night, then whatever energy I spend on my attack against Galactus would be double damage. I have not "done anything" because I have been low on energy. I was at negative energy after the day one attacks.

I am also working on a Galactus create a power that can affect his speed. I can't use it yet, though.
IronFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:02 AM   #2580
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
If so, I figure that will sort itself out tonight since we'll know Firebird's allegiance upon her upcoming death.

Dola, either way it doesn't matter if beast or Firebird was the attacker, if one is good and one is bad, a 1 for 1 trade is usually acceptable, and is far better than anything we've had so far this game.

The only way this is a bad thing, is if Firebird is a third party and has some kind of win condition that is met through Beast's death. I find this less likely however.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:03 AM   #2581
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:
I find your claim a bit more believable simply because you named your assailant and I can't see or understand any reason for this play if you were evil.

I was thinking the same thing. It doesn't make sense for a baddie to make this play, unless there is some mechanic whereby Firebird is going to be killed or outed tomorrow and she knows it. She could therefore just be trying to take Beast down with her.

(Totally paranoid thought): Maybe Firebird attacked JG, but JG can't name her as the attacker until she rises as Phoenix.

I'm not saying I believe that, it is just the only type of scenario I can see where this play would make sense if Firebird was a baddie.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:04 AM   #2582
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm caught up and this is not meant as a hit and run but I'm going to be in and out. Clearly somebody was attacked, and for now I'll:

standard attack Beast
Old 10-13-2008, 11:14 AM   #2583
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Phoenix, can you tell us who attacked Jeangrey? Based on what Firebird has said, you should know your attacker. If not, then it helps go to the idea that one of the two is not necessarilly telling the entire truth.
I cannot. The important information were clues:
1. They used a device
2. They had commandos

Quote:
I do not remember saying such a thing in my previous incarnation. I suspect it was Emma.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:15 AM   #2584
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
When will you leave us?
Old 10-13-2008, 11:15 AM   #2585
Firebird
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post
Firebird wrongly accused Nightcrawler of being bad. We lynched him and he turned up good.

I want to think about this some more before automatically going after Beast.

I did no such thing. I accused him of being something other than what he seemed, either possesed or in another form. One of those was correct, which he confirmed.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:18 AM   #2586
JeanGrey
Mascot

I think the simplest explanation is Firebird is bad. How did Firebird know Nightcrawler was possesed? Firebird did it. Why did Firebird come out with this story? She thought that I would have seen her when the attack failed. This was an attempt to buy time. Kill off beast, a good guy, be killed tomorrow by the other good guys, and have stalled us.

And so I very much want to know when Firebird is supposed to leave us. If it is at the end of the day I am inclined to "guarantee" that this happens.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:26 AM   #2587
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Phoenix, do you possess the private communication abilities that Jean Grey did?
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:28 AM   #2588
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Jean Grey was clearly attacked, and killed, as we can see Phoenix before us. Doom knows that Jean Grey was one of his loyal subjects, so it is clear to Doom that she was the victim of the traitors. The methods of her murder cast a shadow on those who build devices, and those who command commandos.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:29 AM   #2589
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
I think the simplest explanation is Firebird is bad. How did Firebird know Nightcrawler was possesed? Firebird did it. Why did Firebird come out with this story? She thought that I would have seen her when the attack failed. This was an attempt to buy time. Kill off beast, a good guy, be killed tomorrow by the other good guys, and have stalled us.

And so I very much want to know when Firebird is supposed to leave us. If it is at the end of the day I am inclined to "guarantee" that this happens.

Why would she have thought you would see her possess Nightcrawler?
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:31 AM   #2590
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Jean Grey was clearly attacked, and killed, as we can see Phoenix before us. Doom knows that Jean Grey was one of his loyal subjects, so it is clear to Doom that she was the victim of the traitors. The methods of her murder cast a shadow on those who build devices, and those who command commandos.

Just for those of us whom aren't as understanding of everyone else's talents (ooc: have no understand of the characters here), who here would be known for leading commandos?

Also Doom, any desire for someone that you would like for me to send away for today for their protection, plus some kind of report on the negative zone? Perhaps Mimic might be a good selection?
Old 10-13-2008, 11:32 AM   #2591
Mimic
High School JV

Catching up and I find the Firebird thing to be quite interesting.
Quote:
I'm curious Mimic, do you think that at any point in the game, the Herald might have tried to make you look evil and/or attack you in an attempt to get you out of the game?

Hmnmmm...I don't know. I did enough stuff on my own to look evil so I think the Herald could've just sat back and watched.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:33 AM   #2592
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Mr. Fantastic, enlighten me as to your thinking. It seems clearly in Firebird's favor, if she is a traitor, to claim an attack on her. It could lead us to killing off a loyal subject, and she can either hope to escape tomorrow without being lynched, or perhaps has some defense against it.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:33 AM   #2593
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Mimic, were you made aware of this interrogation during the night?

Yes I was. I received a PM that I was glad to still be alive from his interrogation.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:33 AM   #2594
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
Just for those of us whom aren't as understanding of everyone else's talents (ooc: have no understand of the characters here), who here would be known for leading commandos?

So, Nick Fury, care to tell us what you were up to last night?
Old 10-13-2008, 11:38 AM   #2595
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

I am not sure yet, Mr. Fantastic who might be in need of protection. I will wait and see. I would prefer perhaps its use as a prison, but you seem to think it will work best the other way. Doom will ponder this.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:38 AM   #2596
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
For what it is worth, your list is weak. You took a whole list of people off because they participated in a rebel mission. What does that have to do with Galactus?

What I can do to impact Galactus is, I can meditate through the night, then whatever energy I spend on my attack against Galactus would be double damage. I have not "done anything" because I have been low on energy. I was at negative energy after the day one attacks.

I am also working on a Galactus create a power that can affect his speed. I can't use it yet, though.

Re-read. I took people off because they participated in a successful Galactus mission. I took people off because they participated in the Destroyer mission.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:40 AM   #2597
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Mr. Fantastic, enlighten me as to your thinking. It seems clearly in Firebird's favor, if she is a traitor, to claim an attack on her. It could lead us to killing off a loyal subject, and she can either hope to escape tomorrow without being lynched, or perhaps has some defense against it.

Well, I guess the way to guard against that is to just wait until tommorrow to deal with the Firebird/Beast/Phoenix situation, but that is a pretty definite claim that Firebird will be dead tonight regardless. Unless Firebird is "cunning" in some regard, any death would show her to be bad, and if she did not end up dead, that would in a sense be an admission of guilt.

I guess my question would be.. if we don't go after Beast, then whom do we go after? Sounds like an attack on Firebird would be wasted if she was good, but if she is evil and lying then it would be worthwhile (ie: we don't kill another one of our villagers if she is telling the truth because she would be dying anyways). Either way, it seems to be a play of desperation unless Firebird is indeed telling the truth.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #2598
Firebird
n00b

I will linger for one additional day/night cycle.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #2599
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I am not sure yet, Mr. Fantastic who might be in need of protection. I will wait and see. I would prefer perhaps its use as a prison, but you seem to think it will work best the other way. Doom will ponder this.

It requires a substantial more of my energy and effort to force someone there against their will as a prison, but it is possible and should be considered. I just hesitate in sending someone that we do not trust to a location that might end up being a "reward" for them or where they might end up finding some assistance of some kind. It seemed pretty clear that the negative zone did have other inhabitants of unknown nature.

I guess we could lock up Beast there tonight if that is what you are thinking, but it is a big unknown to me right now.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #2600
Mimic
High School JV

I have an idea right now, but I'm definitely unwilling to change my vote from Iron Fist before hearing from Beast. I would suggest that unless you're going to be out until the lynch today you refrain from doing so as well.

I'd like to hear Beast's side of the story and if it doesn't match up to a possibilty in my head I'll switch my vote to him.