Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: How is Obama doing? (poll started 6/6)
Great - above my expectations 18 6.87%
Good - met most of my expectations 66 25.19%
Average - so so, disappointed a little 64 24.43%
Bad - sold us out 101 38.55%
Trout - don't know yet 13 4.96%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #2551
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
If he showed his driver's license, he wouldn't have been able to get in the newspapers, increase his profile, or call a bunch of cops racist. He's a brilliant guy, I think he knew what he was doing.

It wouldn't seem that the officer would have the same motivation to lie. It's certainly possible that he just wanted to push around a rich, prominent black guy and hope that nobody would make a big deal about it. Though even at worst, the consensus seems to be he was just getting a little tired of being yelled at. All the trouble seems barely worth it for the cop, even if he's a raging racist.

I don't think it was some big conspiracy. I think he's just a blowhard. I think a lot of us would be pissed if a cop entered our home and questioned our residency there. Considering it's probably a very white neighborhood, I could see why he'd be a little suspicious. His anger though should probably be toward the neighbor who called the cops. I mean the cop was just responding to a break-in call.

Anyways, there was no reason to arrest him. Sure the guy is a douche who wanted to stand on his soapbox, but the whole situation was kind of fucked up and the cop should have just left the scene and took an ego hit. I doubt the cop was as conversational as his report stated, while I'm also sure the guy was probably a bigger douche than he said he was.

Last edited by RainMaker : 07-23-2009 at 04:54 PM.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:30 PM   #2552
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I do think the level of "SHOCK" over it (namely by himself and Jon) is maybe a bit overstated though.

"Shock" might be overstating it for me. I'm shocked that Obama behaved in such a transparent manner, he's actually proven to be adept enough at being discreet in his biases to fool a fairly large number of people. That he shot off his mouth like another two-bit whiny ass know nothing that looks through a racial prism at the first opportunity doesn't even mildly surprise me, much less shock me.

Here's the big difference: I'd think a white-trash half wit or a direct descendant of the Rockefellers who went off a cop that was investigating a burglary at his home was just as equally deserving of being cuffed & booked as the black professor in the same situation. If this had involved a white homeowner, Obama wouldn't have said shit & neither would any of the other bedwetting handwringers ... unless of course the cop was black in which case we could hear how the white homeowner had a problem with a black in authority.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #2553
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Saw the police report and read through it. After review, there's plenty of reasons Obama is better off staying out of this battle. The racism charges by Mr Gates occurred even before the ID situation. The officer asked him to come outside since Mr. Gates was inside when he approached the front door. Mr. Gates response was 'Why, because I'm a black man in America?!?!'.

I'd love to find a person who thinks the cop was the one instigating that situation. I'm sure we'll have charges that the cop was obviously a racist.

It appears that all network nightly news telecasts are also leading the news with this story and how this distraction has hurt the push for health care legislation (Rainmaker would have you believe it's because they're all trumpeting the banter of conservative blogs). Yet another example why Mr. Obama is better off to avoid comment when his friends do something stupid and concentrate on the important issues facing all of the citizens. As I stated from the start, just stop at the point where you say you don't have the facts and move on.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #2554
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I'd love to find a person who thinks the cop was the one instigating that situation. I'm sure we'll have charges that the cop was obviously a racist.

I'm sure we will but they probably won't be coming from the black police official who asked the guy to help train others in order to prevent racial profiling. He's already on the record about the character of the officer, calling him " a good role model for the young recruits in the police academy".
Old 07-23-2009, 07:09 PM   #2555
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
His anger though should probably be toward the neighbor who called the cops. I mean the cop was just responding to a break-in call.

She happens to be a Harvard fundraiser. Whether she was in the wrong or not, I wonder how much her inability to identify a faculty luminary could hurt her credibility as a university representative.
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #2556
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Well, well. Now, instead of speaking 'without knowing the facts', President Obama decided instead of just being quiet on the whole matter, he should defend his comments, citing what 'his suspicion' was as far as what occurred. I guess it's a bit too much to ask a person to read the publicly available police report to find out exactly what occurred instead of commenting 'without knowing the facts' or based on 'his suspicion' on the event.

Note to Obama: Shut up. You're not doing yourself any favors.

Obama Defends Cambridge Police Criticism in Henry Louis Gates Arrest - ABC News

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 07-23-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #2557
miked
College Starter

Note to the world, who really cares? Gone in 15 minutes.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:56 PM   #2558
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post

seriously. blown way out of proportion much?
Old 07-23-2009, 09:13 PM   #2559
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinglerware View Post
She happens to be a Harvard fundraiser. Whether she was in the wrong or not, I wonder how much her inability to identify a faculty luminary could hurt her credibility as a university representative.

Not to mention not knowing what her neighbor looks like.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:57 AM   #2560
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

Agreed. It's ironic that Obama's 'stupidity' by refusing to shut up is the only thing prolonging it at this point.

There were similar points made to what I said earlier in the following editorial. Basically states that it was silly for Obama to ever comment about this over some of the bigger issues that truly merit discussion when it comes to injustice. Also, he makes a similar point to mine noting how silly it was that this question was even asked of the president.

The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 07-24-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:36 AM   #2561
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

So, I don't want to get all conspiracy on anyone, but I was thinking about this. Obama either knew or had to strongly suspect he was going to be asked about this. That means, his answer had to have been preprepared. I think Obama also had to know the response his answer would get. So, there has to be a reason that Obama wanted to get everyone talking about this, and not about the other issues out there, right?

I mean, where is the mistake in that logic?
Old 07-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #2562
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
So, I don't want to get all conspiracy on anyone, but I was thinking about this. Obama either knew or had to strongly suspect he was going to be asked about this. That means, his answer had to have been preprepared. I think Obama also had to know the response his answer would get. So, there has to be a reason that Obama wanted to get everyone talking about this, and not about the other issues out there, right?

I mean, where is the mistake in that logic?

Given the timid response from the White House staff afterwards, I'd say this was definitely off the cuff and not something that they wanted to see happen. This is what happens when the president abandons the TOTUS.

I'm not sure it distracted from the health care deadline debacle as much as it now adds problems in addition to what Obama was already dealing with.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:59 AM   #2563
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So, there has to be a reason that Obama wanted to get everyone talking about this, and not about the other issues out there, right?

It's called pandering to the base, or in this instance, more like pandering to his core constituency. Nothing out of the ordinary about that for politicians really, he just slightly miscalculated the response it would get from other quarters.

In the end though, it's still accomplishes it's intended purpose. He makes the core happy, will be forgotten by softer supporters, and the vast majority of those upset by it would rather have died than vote for him anyway so he's not taking a big loss.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:09 AM   #2564
Edward64
Head Coach

I would have also said this name calling (which apparently HC started first on an ABC interview) was also beneath her ... but its NK, nothing else has worked.

N. Korea: Clinton 'funny lady, by no means intelligent' - CNN.com
Quote:
BANGKOK, Thailand (CNN) -- North Korea launched a scathing personal attack on U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Thursday after she likened the leadership in Pyongyang to "small children and unruly teenagers and people who are demanding attention."

At a meeting of southeast Asian nations in Phuket, Thailand, a North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman blasted Clinton for what he called a "spate of vulgar remarks unbecoming for her position everywhere she went since she was sworn in," according to the state-run KCNA news agency.

The spokesman called Clinton "by no means intelligent" and a "funny lady."

"Sometimes she looks like a primary schoolgirl and sometimes a pensioner going shopping," the statement said. Read other colorful insults by N. Korea

The verbal tussle between the two countries culminated with the reclusive communist state making it clear that six-party nuclear talks, stalled for over a year, were effectively finished.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #2565
King of New York
High School Varsity

Quote:
Given the timid response from the White House staff afterwards, I'd say this was definitely off the cuff and not something that they wanted to see happen. This is what happens when the president abandons the TOTUS.

I'm not sure it distracted from the health care deadline debacle as much as it now adds problems in addition to what Obama was already dealing with.

I'm sure it was off-the-cuff. Remember, he used to be a professor, which means that he is used to spouting improvised and ill-informed answers to questions on subjects that he knows nothing about. Trust me on this one--few academics can resist the urge to pontificate on anything and everything. It comes from spending one's life in front of captive, and frequently butt-kissing, student audiences.

I am not sure that this one is going away so soon--not if all parties dig in their heels.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #2566
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

I saw this odd statement in that ABC News link:

Quote:
The president said he understands the sergeant who arrested Gates is an "outstanding police officer." But he added that with all that's going on in the country with health care and the economy and the wars abroad, "it doesn't make sense to arrest a guy in his own home if he's not causing a serious disturbance."
What?
Old 07-24-2009, 12:07 PM   #2567
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Don't arrest black people or the economy wins!

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:11 PM   #2568
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of New York View Post
I'm sure it was off-the-cuff. Remember, he used to be a professor, which means that he is used to spouting improvised and ill-informed answers to questions on subjects that he knows nothing about. Trust me on this one--few academics can resist the urge to pontificate on anything and everything. It comes from spending one's life in front of captive, and frequently butt-kissing, student audiences.

I am not sure that this one is going away so soon--not if all parties dig in their heels.

Uh oh, somebody was given a C in college...look out.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #2569
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Yeah, Obama is not doing so well in the public speaking realm the past few days. What is that even supposed to mean?
Old 07-24-2009, 01:24 PM   #2570
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

If my memory serves, King of NY is part of the group of pontificators even if he isn't one himself. If anyone should know what professors do, it would be him. FWIW, I know exactly what he's talking about.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:29 PM   #2571
miked
College Starter

Hmm...maybe it's the department. I can't remember when my butt was kissed, either by a student and definitely not by a colleague. Peer review's a bitch.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #2572
Edward64
Head Coach

Obama trying to calm this down with his surprise visit to the press corp. He had call the cop. A "teachable moment" on race relations.

I think he is acknowledging a poor choice of words/decision to elaborate his opinion during the Health Reform press conference.

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-24-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:11 PM   #2573
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Obama trying to calm this down with his surprise visit to the press corp. He had called the cop. A "teachable moment" on race relations.

I think he is acknowledging a poor choice of words/decision to elaborate his opinion during the Health Reform press conference.

Just heard a replay of his impromptu statement to the WH press corp. Thought he did that well. Really hope the 3 of them end up doing the beer and moving on.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:42 PM   #2574
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Just heard a replay of his impromptu statement to the WH press corp. Thought he did that well. Really hope the 3 of them end up doing the beer and moving on.

The problem at this point doesn't even involve the three main players. The only reason he continues to comment on this issue is because there's a lot of pissed off police union leaders on the horn asking him what the hell he was thinking. He still didn't apologize. He threw his friend under the bus while still sticking with his story that the police officer also acted inappropriately. Even the beer comment didn't go over very well. There was obviously some very sarcastic laughter mixed in with regular laughs when he was cracking jokes about this issue. It wasn't very funny.

It's honestly 'stupid' at this point. Man up and finish this issue with three words. I am sorry. It's really not that difficult and as has been noted in this thread, it's ridiculous that Obama has allowed this situation to escalate to this point.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #2575
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Man up and finish this issue with three words. I am sorry. It's really not that difficult and as has been noted in this thread, it's ridiculous that Obama has allowed this situation to escalate to this point.

I'd say it's a different three words that would be needed to move toward fixing this: I screwed up.

He could say I'm sorry til the cows come home & there'll be a great deal of doubt about whether he's sorry he said it because he was wrong & completely out of line or if he's sorry simply because people noticed.

"I screwed up" is a good bit less unequivocal and while I might not believe he really believes it, he might be able to sell that better.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #2576
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Is it "Stupid Off-The-Cuff Comment" week in the White House? Even the press secretary decided to join in on the dumb comments........

Quote:
Obama's comments marked an abrupt shift in tone since Friday morning, when White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs dismissed a suggestion that the backlash from police groups could be distressing to the White House, given that Obama has enjoyed a positive relationship with the law enforcement community.

"I think the Fraternal Order of Police endorsed McCain," Gibbs fired back at reporters, referring to Obama's Republican opponent in the 2008 election. "If I'm not mistaken."

What the hell does that matter?
Old 07-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #2577
molson
General Manager

Quote:

What the hell does that matter?

Duh, the law enforcement community is on the "other side", so they're not the concern of this administration.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:06 PM   #2578
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'd say it's a different three words that would be needed to move toward fixing this: I screwed up.

He could say I'm sorry til the cows come home & there'll be a great deal of doubt about whether he's sorry he said it because he was wrong & completely out of line or if he's sorry simply because people noticed.

"I screwed up" is a good bit less unequivocal and while I might not believe he really believes it, he might be able to sell that better.

I agree with this, he did screw up and likely acted out of emotion because he is friends with the Professor.

The way I see this playing pre-comment was he called or received a call from Gates after the incident and got his side of the story, got a little pissed off and allowed that to influence a very poor choice of words. He should have just stopped after I don't know all the facts.

It really makes him look bad, when Crowley was selected by a black superior to teach a class on avoidance of racial profiling and he went ahead and commeted without even bothering to look into the sargeants background.

I had a discrimation case filed on me and I am married to a black woman for gods sake! If I hadn't kept a well documented history on the employee, including counseling, additional training provided and disciplinary steps I could have put my company/job at risk for doing nothing wrong and I feel this is similar to the situation Crowley is in now.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 07-24-2009 at 03:07 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:09 PM   #2579
King of New York
High School Varsity

Quote:

It's far worse than that--I'm one myself and I work with them all day
Old 07-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #2580
King of New York
High School Varsity

"The president said he understands the sergeant who arrested Gates is an "outstanding police officer." But he added that with all that's going on in the country with health care and the economy and the wars abroad, "it doesn't make sense to arrest a guy in his own home if he's not causing a serious disturbance."

That statement and the (lack of) logic behind it are worthy of W himself

Last edited by King of New York : 07-24-2009 at 03:16 PM.
King of New York is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #2581
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
The problem at this point doesn't even involve the three main players. The only reason he continues to comment on this issue is because there's a lot of pissed off police union leaders on the horn asking him what the hell he was thinking. He still didn't apologize. He threw his friend under the bus while still sticking with his story that the police officer also acted inappropriately. Even the beer comment didn't go over very well. There was obviously some very sarcastic laughter mixed in with regular laughs when he was cracking jokes about this issue. It wasn't very funny.

It's honestly 'stupid' at this point. Man up and finish this issue with three words. I am sorry. It's really not that difficult and as has been noted in this thread, it's ridiculous that Obama has allowed this situation to escalate to this point.

Im sure you felt the same way about past president's owning up to making what you consider a misstep right, regardless of whether or not I agree with you? BTW I couldnt write earlier but I also find it amazing that so many talking point blogs and opinion pieces get their opinions from you first as opposed to vice versa which you in turn dump into this thread as your own (which is fine cuz this is the thread for it).

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 07-24-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #2582
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of New York View Post
"The president said he understands the sergeant who arrested Gates is an "outstanding police officer." But he added that with all that's going on in the country with health care and the economy and the wars abroad, "it doesn't make sense to arrest a guy in his own home if he's not causing a serious disturbance."

That statement and the (lack of) logic behind it are worthy of W himself

I don't know, maybe officers should check the latest stock quotes and progress on Obama's health care plan before they make arrest decisions.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:31 PM   #2583
Flasch186
Coordinator

FWIW:

Quote:
WASHINGTON – Trying to tamp down an uproar over race, President Barack Obama said Friday he used an unfortunate choice of words in commenting on the arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. and could have "calibrated those words differently."

The president said he had telephoned the white policeman who arrested Gates, and he said the conversation confirmed his belief that the officer was a good man and an outstanding officer.

Obama said later that he had spoken to Gates as well.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090724/...arvard_scholar

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 07-24-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #2584
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
I also find it amazing that so many talking point blogs and opinion pieces get their opinions from you first as opposed to vice versa which you in turn dump into this thread as your own (which is fine cuz this is the thread for it).

Y'know, it does seem possible that the similarities could be largely coincidental.

I can guaranfuckingtee you that I haven't read a single political blog in days nor have I read anybody's op-ed piece on this subject but I doubt there's much difference other than colorful language in what I've said versus what they've said.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #2585
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I'm sure that MBBF independently came up with the phrase TOTUS.

He's like a twitter feed for Michelle Malkin.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #2586
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm sure that MBBF independently came up with the phrase TOTUS

Considering the phrase (which I can't say I've even heard/noticed before this thread) has it's own website, I'd say it becomes reasonably ubiquitous at some point.

I mean, there's a good many phrases that originate with various sources but eventually work their way into the lexicon naturally. Even that bastion of conservatism The New York Times used the reference as far back as March
Old 07-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #2587
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Y'know, it does seem possible that the similarities could be largely coincidental.

I can guaranfuckingtee you that I haven't read a single political blog in days nor have I read anybody's op-ed piece on this subject but I doubt there's much difference other than colorful language in what I've said versus what they've said.

FWIW, your bat shit crazy IMO, and I respect your opinion so much more than MBBF's its not even in the same realm.

Ill preemptively Duckman and say I understand that the feelings are mutual towards me for a bunch of people too

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 07-24-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:49 PM   #2588
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Considering the phrase (which I can't say I've even heard/noticed before this thread) has it's own website, I'd say it becomes reasonably ubiquitous at some point.

I mean, there's a good many phrases that originate with various sources but eventually work their way into the lexicon naturally. Even that bastion of conservatism The New York Times used the reference as far back as March

Right, but your point was that you would agree with many of the things he was saying without reading these sites. I totally believe you. I think that you have independent thought, as oftentimes I'm surprised by your stand on certain issues.

I am *never* surprised by his stand, or what he chooses to post each day. With sufficient time, I'm sure I could program an MBBF-bot that would be nearly indistinguishable.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #2589
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

But your thoughts are independent. I have no doubt that you could give two shits what Michelle Malkin or Ann Coulter has to say on the topic. Others just read those sites and believe what they are told by those people. I have no problem with either side of the argument, I'm just looking for independent thoughts. If someone is just going to regurgitate everything written at RedState, I'll read that instead.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:19 PM   #2590
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I still can't believe how much press this Gates situation is getting. I guess on a slow news week I'd understand, but we're in the middle of two wars, a massive recession, and a nation altering health care proposal on the table. Who gives a fuck about this story?

Obama was wrong to comment on the case from his position. Gates was wrong for being a douchebag blowhard. The cop was wrong for arresting a guy for doing nothing wrong.

No one died, no one is harmed for life.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:29 PM   #2591
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I still can't believe how much press this Gates situation is getting. I guess on a slow news week I'd understand, but we're in the middle of two wars, a massive recession, and a nation altering health care proposal on the table. Who gives a fuck about this story?

Well for starters, pretty much anybody who recognized it for what it was: a slip that indicates the true colors (no pun intended) of our TOTUS (had to work that in there since I learned it today
Old 07-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #2592
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have no doubt that you could give two shits what Michelle Malkin or Ann Coulter has to say on the topic.

Thank you sir, I'll take that as a compliment.

While I'm definitely a fan, any interest I may have in Coulter is not particularly motivated by any desire to have her tell me anything I don't already know.
I just read her for the articles
Old 07-24-2009, 04:55 PM   #2593
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thank you sir, I'll take that as a compliment.

While I'm definitely a fan, any interest I may have in Coulter is not particularly motivated by any desire to have her tell me anything I don't already know.
I just read her for the articles
It is a compliment. It just feels like we are creating these robots on both sides that regurgitate everything they read from their "leaders". If Sean Hannitty and Keith Olbermann came out and said everyone should start eating their shit, you'd find a ton of partisians chowing down on feces the next morning.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:41 PM   #2594
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
But your thoughts are independent. I have no doubt that you could give two shits what Michelle Malkin or Ann Coulter has to say on the topic. Others just read those sites and believe what they are told by those people. I have no problem with either side of the argument, I'm just looking for independent thoughts. If someone is just going to regurgitate everything written at RedState, I'll read that instead.

Yes, we all know that this has everything to do with partisan blogs and nothing to do with a President making an ass of himself on a public stage. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:43 PM   #2595
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
It is a compliment. It just feels like we are creating these robots on both sides that regurgitate everything they read from their "leaders". If Sean Hannitty and Keith Olbermann came out and said everyone should start eating their shit, you'd find a ton of partisians chowing down on feces the next morning.

You want to point out anyone on this board that doesn't think that Hannity and Olbermann are both uninformed jackasses? I'd love to see the list.

Until then, keep up the generalized discussion that lumps people into groups rather than discussion the issue at hand as you always do.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #2596
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, we all know that this has everything to do with partisan blogs and nothing to do with a President making an ass of himself on a public stage. Thanks for the clarification.
No one gives a shit about this issue but partisians.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:46 PM   #2597
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I'm sure that MBBF independently came up with the phrase TOTUS.

He's like a twitter feed for Michelle Malkin.

I'll be completely honest. I didn't even know who Michelle Malkin was until you mentioned her in your post. I'm at least aware of it now. Looks like a nut job just from reading the first page, but from the sounds of your sarcastic statement, it appears you agree so there's likely nothing further to discuss.

As for TOTUS, was there anyone who didn't know what that was that even remotely posts about politics? I'm not sure why using that commonly used abbreviation is suddenly a black mark.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:48 PM   #2598
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
No one gives a shit about this issue but partisians.

Feel free to continue living in a world where only partisans care when a black man erroneously calls out a white cop as the bad guy. It fits you well.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:15 PM   #2599
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
I'll be completely honest. I didn't even know who Michelle Malkin was until you mentioned her in your post.

Either you are flat out lying, or you haven't read other people's posts in any of the myriad of political threads you've posted in over the past few years.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:29 PM   #2600
duckman
Pro Starter

I think this signifies the situation in the thread nicely:

“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote