Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-15-2008, 10:44 AM   #2501
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
And if/when he's guilty, I'll be looking HARD at mccollins. There is zero reason to not take the leap of faith with Jackal's story, the only motivation I can construe for him to lie would be to somehow delay time to "save" Pass who was clearly going to get heat today.

My thinking is

clap guilty - mccollins would be next (possibly Taz too)
clap innocent - jackal and passacgalia next

I don't get this. Pass was going to get heat but you mention me first to look HARD at after I vote for him? Taz voted for Pass before me and Path voted for him as well.

I think we can all agree that Pass is a strong suspect for today - are you trying to protect him?

Because Pass still has the drugs and claphamsa is an expendable wolf who has already passed the item he had?
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:47 AM   #2502
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

yesterday being day 3? or day 4? what day are we on now..... We need to make sure that Jackyl didnt just get the wrong days info, and that he really is lying.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:49 AM   #2503
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Heinz's crazy finger pointing threw me off;

You mean the part where I mentioned that you more or less completely ignored the true crux of the day in order to not vote claphamsa initially (whereas now of course you will since it's shaping up as a runaway)? That part?

Yeah, I'm not going to forget that should clap come back wolf.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:53 AM   #2504
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I don't get this. Pass was going to get heat but you mention me first to look HARD at after I vote for him? Taz voted for Pass before me and Path voted for him as well.

I think we can all agree that Pass is a strong suspect for today - are you trying to protect him?

Because Pass still has the drugs and claphamsa is an expendable wolf who has already passed the item he had?

No, I'm not protecting Pass. And had Jackal not come forward, I likely would have voted for him.

What I'm saying is, you cast your vote for Pass without even considering Jackal's statement. This lends me to think that your thought was to try and push Pass up there as far as you could, in order to present at least another candidate in an effort to stop what we're seeing now (clap winning handily).

Basically, if clap comes back wolf, I'm going to look very hard at anyone who shirked the issue altogether (you, Taz, path).

If he comes back innocent, I'll be looking at Pass and Jackal (the one with the most to gain from a diversion and the one who supplied it)
Old 04-15-2008, 10:54 AM   #2505
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Are you theorizing that both are wolves then, with Jackal? I think that'd be a poor play on their part if it's true.

Or are you saying you're worried because Pass has the drugs and may have lied about it and at the same time Jackal threw clap under the bus to curry favor?
Old 04-15-2008, 10:56 AM   #2506
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Sonic, NTN, KWhit - What do you guys think? You guys have each kind of been on the down-low at some point in this game and I'd like to see what you think of this mess.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:08 AM   #2507
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
"Yes yes (slurp of margarita), I must say when I heard that through the grapevine, it didn't reek of wolf, it barked and bit...now I'm not saying that there aren't multiple suspects, but you have to admit that with our dwindling numbers saying such things is disturbing...we need one suspect to vote on, and off...I made errors in holding off on a vote (once)...but I believe that deviations from one vote one suspect without remarkable waiting for the govenor's pardon a minute before the switch is pulled because of some surprise evidence, that this is what we should do, we /need/ to do, then I can get back to margaritas, and the ladies...those wonderful ladies..."

Mr. Qwik, what worries me the most right now is that bolder wolf play suggests that they are closer to victory than we might think.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:09 AM   #2508
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
What I'm saying is, you cast your vote for Pass without even considering Jackal's statement.

False. I've explained my reasoning twice and it still makes sense to me:

Quote:
I dunno - why should I believe Jackal?

4 people go golfing one day and then claphamsa is supposed to have lied and thrown it out there that he went golfing and no one else showed up? This is one of those events where everyone sees each other. If he was going to lie, I figure he'd pick something like flightseeing (well, something that occurs at our location).

Also, I thought someone just pointed out that the murders have been taking place off the boat and thus it might be a bit less suspicious to have stayed on the boat?

Quote:
I know. And they all saw and identified one another. So why would you take a chance and lie about going there if there existed the possibility that someone could have gone and shown that you were not there?

Thus, I tend to believe you over Jackal. Perhaps that is my mistake. I'll re-evaluate in a few hours after class.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:11 AM   #2509
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Mr. Qwik, what worries me the most right now is that bolder wolf play suggests that they are closer to victory than we might think.

"True, but we have to get one, to find the scent of another, yes?"
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:12 AM   #2510
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
What I'm saying is, you cast your vote for Pass without even considering Jackal's statement. This lends me to think that your thought was to try and push Pass up there as far as you could, in order to present at least another candidate in an effort to stop what we're seeing now (clap winning handily).

Heinz, do you have any particular reason to believe Jackal? Curious because his style seems somewhat different this game than in past ones.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:13 AM   #2511
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

I was reading the Cylon game a bit last night to try to understand some game mechanics and there were 5-7 Cylon / Cylon affiliated players.

With 7 passengers gone and 15 remaining, if there are 5-7 wolves, we're at 2:1 (with 5) or nearing 1:1 (with 7) !!
Old 04-15-2008, 11:14 AM   #2512
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
"True, but we have to get one, to find the scent of another, yes?"

Absolutely. And in case I am poisoned today, my suspect list currently is:

Passacaglia
Lathum
Jackal

......probably in that order.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:16 AM   #2513
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I was reading the Cylon game a bit last night to try to understand some game mechanics and there were 5-7 Cylon / Cylon affiliated players.

With 7 passengers gone and 15 remaining, if there are 5-7 wolves, we're at 2:1 (with 5) or nearing 1:1 (with 7) !!

That game had a higher wolf count than most. But with the hidden mechanics in this game it's very possible that there could be more than usual here as well.......but Qwik's point is a good one, that we need to find one now.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:16 AM   #2514
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
False. I've explained my reasoning twice and it still makes sense to me:

I know you did, but after voting Pass. I read it as a blending in move. Vote the way you want, acknowledge and pick holes in the way you don't want. Then later come to Jesus, see the light and vote with the group once it looks like your initial horse was a loser.

Classic wolf, IMO.

Now, I'll admit, clap could be good, but the way, order and method in which you presented your dissention, is pinging a big-time wolf-dar should he be bad. If he's a passenger though, then I'll whole-heartedly ignore all of this and likely nudge you to "the good".
Old 04-15-2008, 11:17 AM   #2515
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
VOTE CLAP

Just a reminder, I still have my object that NFG and I assembled. Without coming out and saying what it is, I will give the following information:

*It's a one use item
*From my very limited knowledge of the item, it would inflict a lot of damage and/or kill someone whether they are good or bad
*The fact that nfg had the other piece of this item makes me believe that at the time he had it and passed it to me, he was good.

If anyone would like to make suggestions for who/when to use this item, let me know. I am open to ideas, but am also open to just hanging onto it longer to see what happens.

From the last few posts, it feels like we definitely need to figure this issue out soon.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:23 AM   #2516
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Heinz, do you have any particular reason to believe Jackal? Curious because his style seems somewhat different this game than in past ones.

I don't know if I do. What I'm basing my vote off is the following:

1) I see no inherent reason for him to make it up. If he did, then he's bad, and Pass likely is too (the only reasoning I can come up with is a diversion for Pass, like they need him to live another day somehow to do something sabotage-related)

2) I think whether clap is good or bad is almost moot at this point (well, to all but clap that is). Getting an answer on him should be more than worth the price of admission as far as figuring out what side some people are by taking this information and relating it to past votes. Heck, if anything, I probably can be painted in a bad light if clap is a wolf, so it's not like I'm being self-serving in that regard.

3) We gotta break some eggs. I think voting on the Pass lying/not-lying is really shirking the issue today. We lynch him and we find out about just him. We lynch clap, we find out a lot more, even if it costs us a passenger

4) I don't know how confident I am in us making it back to Miami. I figure best case, we leave Montego after today, we get delayed only 1 additional day in Haiti and that's it. Potentially, I could see us having 2-3 more days of delay (not counting today) ahead of us. If that's the case, we need to get some wolves ASAP.

Style-wise, I'm not seeing it WRT Jackal. He's posting a lot, he was active a bit back, he seems to have reasons for slowing down a touch lately. What have you noticed?
Old 04-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #2517
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
From the last few posts, it feels like we definitely need to figure this issue out soon.

What Olie should do?

Yeah, I think it's pretty easy

If Clap is good, kill Jackal
If Clap is bad, sit tight and wait to see where we are.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:28 AM   #2518
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Style-wise, I'm not seeing it WRT Jackal. He's posting a lot, he was active a bit back, he seems to have reasons for slowing down a touch lately. What have you noticed?

Well it's just based off of the few games we've played, but as a villager he seems far more analytical then he does this game. To me he's more tossing out things that may be valid or may be red herrings, whereas my impression is that he would normally dig into those things a bit deeper.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:30 AM   #2519
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

Passacaglia
Lathum
Jackal

That's close to my list, but I don't understand Heinz attacking me for you, Taz, and I seeing things the same way. Just because it's not the way he sees things? Heinz you've been on the other side of some of these close votes from me and maybe I'm figuring out why...

I don't like voting against claphamsa, but it's just a gut thing. It seems that if we suspect the people above more then we should vote for one of them.

However, I understand the logic behind "if not claphamsa then jackal", but I don't like doing the wolves a favor and making it 8-0 passengers dead if claphamsa is innocent.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:32 AM   #2520
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
What Olie should do?

Yeah, I think it's pretty easy

If Clap is good, kill Jackal
If Clap is bad, sit tight and wait to see where we are.

"Why did this have to be revealed...if true, then it gives the wolves a target...if it's false, then Olie is UTR. I just don't understand why something like this to be revealed at this time...and why waste it, if Jackal was fed false information, we're down two more passengers (I still am standing behind booting Clap)...but we've had questions concerning Mr. Pass, Jackal (not to be confused the band Jackyl with a Y) and some of Mr. Lathum's thought processes are very questionable...
Old 04-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #2521
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Well it's just based off of the few games we've played, but as a villager he seems far more analytical then he does this game. To me he's more tossing out things that may be valid or may be red herrings, whereas my impression is that he would normally dig into those things a bit deeper.

Yeah, I can see that point. I have a hard time discerning that stuff once people start laying out that they're busy. I tend to just blindly take that and so I'm reading a lot of "Im busy but here's a quick note...etc"

Probably foolish I know, but I'm a sucker.

Either way though, I think Jackal at this point is also basically moot. His fate is essentially tied to the result on clap. If clap is bad, then Jackal gets pretty near COT for me (since there was someone to corroborate that he even talked to this chick at the bar, olie).

If he's not, then you have to figure he made it up, so I'd vote him, then Pass or Olie (she theoretically could've been "in on it" from the get-go and there was never a blond for him to talk to)
Old 04-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #2522
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

"Look at some point we've all got to face the abyss and the non-votes, the ties (one of which was caused by Mr. Lathum) and the like have probably put us in the hole, I'm not sure claphamsa is 100% guilty, but we have to continue to unwaver in one suspect and go from there...the underground may have a headstart, it's up to us to catch up or at least start determining whether there is valdiation to certain stories."
Old 04-15-2008, 11:37 AM   #2523
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
That's close to my list, but I don't understand Heinz attacking me for you, Taz, and I seeing things the same way. Just because it's not the way he sees things? Heinz you've been on the other side of some of these close votes from me and maybe I'm figuring out why...

I don't like voting against claphamsa, but it's just a gut thing. It seems that if we suspect the people above more then we should vote for one of them.

However, I understand the logic behind "if not claphamsa then jackal", but I don't like doing the wolves a favor and making it 8-0 passengers dead if claphamsa is innocent.

I just don't think you three are truly voting on the task at hand.

I'll admit, Pass very well could be a wolf, but I think you're putting the cart before the horse and being short-sighted as to which fork to persue really is the better method for the boat, long-term. And that's stating your intentions as a best-case, i.e. you're a passenger, way of light. The flip-side is that there is a nefarious reason that you three seemed to ignore a potential wolf caught dead in it's tracks (or a wolf who'll be dead via lying).
Old 04-15-2008, 11:40 AM   #2524
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, I can see that point. I have a hard time discerning that stuff once people start laying out that they're busy. I tend to just blindly take that and so I'm reading a lot of "Im busy but here's a quick note...etc"

Probably foolish I know, but I'm a sucker.

Either way though, I think Jackal at this point is also basically moot. His fate is essentially tied to the result on clap. If clap is bad, then Jackal gets pretty near COT for me (since there was someone to corroborate that he even talked to this chick at the bar, olie).

If he's not, then you have to figure he made it up, so I'd vote him, then Pass or Olie (she theoretically could've been "in on it" from the get-go and there was never a blond for him to talk to)

"This is the other question, were passengers recruited to the underground, or did they come on the ship initially...because the next problem is whether those that are telling the truth one day, aren't going to be spreading lies the next....I'm in the camp that maybe one or two passengers could be persuaded to the darkside of the things, you know like Darth Vader, but I'm thinking there was a underground team that came aboard the ship right from the start..."

"That being said, I don't understand how Olie gets implicated other than being under the radar...this is really the first I've heard a passenger call on her virtue, other than Mr. Clap grasping at straws...very peculiar..."
Old 04-15-2008, 11:46 AM   #2525
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
"I'm sorry and when did the underground not manipulate votes? What if you are wrong about your influence over the vote...you are basically splitting the vote with no guarentee anyone goes to the plank...at this point and time, that's risky, running out of margarita supplies risky...won't stand for it...give a monkey a banana, and he'll be your friend...give a monkey a gun, and well, there is no telling where the poo will be flying...we have to retain some semblance of unity...because there is a percentage vote to influence the captain (ooc: correct me if I'm wrong), then messing with the percentage is a bad thing...if clap is innocent, then jackal (not to be confused with the band Jackyl with a Y!) is shark chum material...just remember the underground has a hell of a monkeywrench and we've yet to find one, /one/ of this group...I'm going to be two days late from home, and I'll be damned if I missed my welcoming party - gonna be foxes and margaritas there!"

Quote:
Wow. Just wow.

If that doesn't sound wolfish I don't know what would.

Still catching up but I wanted to respond to this.

There is a difference between being wolfish and thinking outside the box.

I am almost certain Path is a wolf and has been planting seeds to get me lynched since he saw an oppritunity.

In response to what Qwik said about the wolves manipulating the vote that could be a good thing because then they out themselves.

Pass will need to be lynched at some point, there is no way with the heat he is taking he will be killed by the wolves. I see no reason to not take the oppritunity to speed that process up a day. It is clear by the fact that Cronin was removed from the boat I have the ability to make this happen.

You may not have to like my point, but you can't say it is illogical.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:47 AM   #2526
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
"This is the other question, were passengers recruited to the underground, or did they come on the ship initially...because the next problem is whether those that are telling the truth one day, aren't going to be spreading lies the next....I'm in the camp that maybe one or two passengers could be persuaded to the darkside of the things, you know like Darth Vader, but I'm thinking there was a underground team that came aboard the ship right from the start..."

"That being said, I don't understand how Olie gets implicated other than being under the radar...this is really the first I've heard a passenger call on her virtue, other than Mr. Clap grasping at straws...very peculiar..."
I have said nothign bad about Olie......

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 11:49 AM   #2527
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Just to clarify, I don't think Olie is a wolf.

I think Jackal's reveal that claphamsa is a wolf is true, and that he did talk to the blond and Olie saw him do it and we're all gravy there.

But I do want to get it out there that if it turns out Jackal lied about all of this, then the person who corroborated his story, Olie, deserves a looking at as well.

But that is far from the task at hand today, or even tomorrow, realistically, but it is worth mentioning.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:49 AM   #2528
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

there are 16 people left and it is an AlanT game, there is no way the wolves are close to victory
Old 04-15-2008, 11:51 AM   #2529
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Passacaglia
Lathum
Jackal

convienient McCollins isn't on that list despite his antics today
Old 04-15-2008, 11:51 AM   #2530
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Still catching up but I wanted to respond to this.

There is a difference between being wolfish and thinking outside the box.

I am almost certain Path is a wolf and has been planting seeds to get me lynched since he saw an oppritunity.

In response to what Qwik said about the wolves manipulating the vote that could be a good thing because then they out themselves.

Pass will need to be lynched at some point, there is no way with the heat he is taking he will be killed by the wolves. I see no reason to not take the oppritunity to speed that process up a day. It is clear by the fact that Cronin was removed from the boat I have the ability to make this happen.

You may not have to like my point, but you can't say it is illogical.

So you're saying Path is aligned then with Clap as a wolf (since path isn't voting clap and doesn't believe Jackal)?

As far as you and your ability, while I don't think your suggestion is an "evil" one perse, I do think that we need to get to the bottom of the Jackal/Clap nonsense, and since not even you seem all that confident you get to do it again I don't think it's worth us taking the risk and potentially opening ourselves up to late vote movement picking off a villager or getting a no-lynch.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:53 AM   #2531
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
there are 16 people left and it is an AlanT game, there is no way the wolves are close to victory

fill us newer players in.... alan would send 3 woves up agasint 19 villegars?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 11:54 AM   #2532
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
"Look at some point we've all got to face the abyss and the non-votes, the ties (one of which was caused by Mr. Lathum) and the like have probably put us in the hole, I'm not sure claphamsa is 100% guilty, but we have to continue to unwaver in one suspect and go from there...the underground may have a headstart, it's up to us to catch up or at least start determining whether there is valdiation to certain stories."

show me where I caused a tie, please
Old 04-15-2008, 11:55 AM   #2533
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I'd agree. I'd say we're looking at max max max 5 wolves right now. Realistically 3 or 4.

So we're 10:5 (there are 15, not 16), 11:4 or 12:3

I think there will be enough delays to make a 12:3 situation winnable for the wolves if they work it, but I don't think they are necessarily "close" to winning. Even at 10:5, assuming 1 night-kill (and 1 lynchee each day) we can still afford 2 mis-lynches and win.

I'd also say the fact that Anxiety was likely being honest when he was approached and declined (since he is/was a passenger) would help point to the fact that at least once, they've been unsuccessful in getting a convert.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:56 AM   #2534
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

15, but who's counting, right?
Old 04-15-2008, 11:57 AM   #2535
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post

I think he actually sent 0 wolves or 1 wolf (to start) against the rest. But I also think the convertability odds are much higher this game. I'd bet that each night they have a chance at a forced conversion and/or an asked conversion (ala Anxiety) depending on the 0 or 1 initial wolves. If you look, the village wasn't allowed to win until after Day 4 (or on Day 4, I forget which), so the wolves definitely *started* this game shorthanded.

My money is on 11:4 right now.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:57 AM   #2536
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Since im toast. ill fill in some info.... the item I purchased was a diary, i could use it to pass notes..... Im begining to think the person I passed it to may be a wolf......

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 11:57 AM   #2537
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

even if there are 5 wolves it would be 11-5, no where near close to over.

Also has anyone else noticed the absence of a seer/ bodyguard, which leads me to believe there is a smaller number of wolves then we may think
Old 04-15-2008, 11:58 AM   #2538
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think he actually sent 0 wolves or 1 wolf (to start) against the rest. But I also think the convertability odds are much higher this game. I'd bet that each night they have a chance at a forced conversion and/or an asked conversion (ala Anxiety) depending on the 0 or 1 initial wolves. If you look, the village wasn't allowed to win until after Day 4 (or on Day 4, I forget which), so the wolves definitely *started* this game shorthanded.

My money is on 11:4 right now.

interesting....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 11:59 AM   #2539
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
So you're saying Path is aligned then with Clap as a wolf (since path isn't voting clap and doesn't believe Jackal)?

As far as you and your ability, while I don't think your suggestion is an "evil" one perse, I do think that we need to get to the bottom of the Jackal/Clap nonsense, and since not even you seem all that confident you get to do it again I don't think it's worth us taking the risk and potentially opening ourselves up to late vote movement picking off a villager or getting a no-lynch.

my point is that if it is a runoff between Pass and Clap it is a win/ win either way, so any late manipulation of votes

A. Wouldn't matter

B. Wouldn't be worth the risk for the wolves
Old 04-15-2008, 12:00 PM   #2540
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I guess for me, for those still on Pass (or voting Jackal and aren't claphamsa) I'd like to know the reasons why you think Jackal would lie.

I mean, of course, first and foremost we have to make some assumptions

1. He isn't a mis-informed villager somehow
2. He's a wolf himself and this is a 2-faction "instance" (relates to just the village and one other faction, though others may exist).

Now if Jackal is a wolf and is lying here, it can't just be for the 1:1 trade-off of clap dying. That'd be a pretty bad wolf play and Jackal is too experienced to do that and/or he's playing with someone too experienced to recommend that.

So, what then, would be the additional "gain" from the lie?

- Diversion for Pass
- Past vote counts would make current wolves look good if clap is innocent
- They need the time to delay the ship more or convert more wolves (maybe they need more wolves to have a better shot at a forced conversion)

Anything else? What scenarios do you folks see as his motivation?
Old 04-15-2008, 12:00 PM   #2541
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Since im toast. ill fill in some info.... the item I purchased was a diary, i could use it to pass notes..... Im begining to think the person I passed it to may be a wolf......

Who'd you pass it to?
Old 04-15-2008, 12:00 PM   #2542
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

no point in not sharing
Old 04-15-2008, 12:01 PM   #2543
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
even if there are 5 wolves it would be 11-5, no where near close to over.

Also has anyone else noticed the absence of a seer/ bodyguard, which leads me to believe there is a smaller number of wolves then we may think

I think we may have one... I've got a suspicion, but I obviously don't want to out them.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #2544
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I just don't think you three are truly voting on the task at hand.

I'll admit, Pass very well could be a wolf, but I think you're putting the cart before the horse and being short-sighted as to which fork to persue really is the better method for the boat, long-term. And that's stating your intentions as a best-case, i.e. you're a passenger, way of light. The flip-side is that there is a nefarious reason that you three seemed to ignore a potential wolf caught dead in it's tracks (or a wolf who'll be dead via lying).

I've got no problem with the idea that voting on clap will tell us a lot. I don't even have much of a problem with the idea of switching to him in order to ensure the lynch, as Qwik alludes to.

However, you've already accused mccollins for switching his vote over. Why wouldn't I become just as suspect if I did?
Old 04-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #2545
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
my point is that if it is a runoff between Pass and Clap it is a win/ win either way, so any late manipulation of votes

A. Wouldn't matter

B. Wouldn't be worth the risk for the wolves

I don't know if I'd quite go so far as to say it's a win-win. I think Clap is more likely a wolf than Pass, which ain't sayin' much, but I think the discrepancy in odds is enough that it isn't worth risking it.

I'd rather Olie's sword sort that out for us and we save your possible power for a non-forced close vote if needed.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #2546
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- another possibiliy is they are both wolves, the wolves knew they were probably going to lose eithe Pass or Clap today so they have the jackyl throw clap under the bus to gain trust.

I can see them doing this if clap is a brutal wolf.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:03 PM   #2547
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I don't know if I'd quite go so far as to say it's a win-win. I think Clap is more likely a wolf than Pass, which ain't sayin' much, but I think the discrepancy in odds is enough that it isn't worth risking it.

I'd rather Olie's sword sort that out for us and we save your possible power for a non-forced close vote if needed.

does Ollie have the sword and can she kill someone with it?

If so I say she offs Pass today
Old 04-15-2008, 12:04 PM   #2548
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I've got no problem with the idea that voting on clap will tell us a lot. I don't even have much of a problem with the idea of switching to him in order to ensure the lynch, as Qwik alludes to.

However, you've already accused mccollins for switching his vote over. Why wouldn't I become just as suspect if I did?

Well, I guess the best way to answer that is, what's done is done. If clap comes up wolf, whether you switch or not, I'll likely still take a look at your past votes and dig in the heels a bit. A reluctance to get on-topic, in my mind, would only up the intensity on that. Does that make sense?
Old 04-15-2008, 12:04 PM   #2549
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I passed the diary to TAZ, I figured that since he was the shakespearean guy he was like a spy or somethign, so he must be fgood.... but he really ahsnt added anythign anywhere.... and its just as posible that hes been turned.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 12:04 PM   #2550
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- in case I turn up dead at some point look at Path, he is playing his textbook wolf game.

And anyone who has played with me knows I always play a little off and my behavior always seems wolfish.