Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-16-2007, 05:11 PM   #2501
Autumn
Head Coach

Ardentus, can you summarize for me your thoughts on what happened yesterday. REAding it all in a rush, I don't have it clear.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:12 PM   #2502
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Yesterday? I'm not sure I know what you mean.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:12 PM   #2503
Barkeep49
Coordinator

That is weird. I thought for sure KWHit just hadn't been around at all today.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:13 PM   #2504
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
To me, it just seems like Kwhit had an important role in what had to happen yesterday, and he hasn't shown to report it.

I could understand if he had something keeping him from coming in, but I just happened to see him at the MP FOF league forums. I wasn't looking for him specifically, as I had MP leagues on my mind at the time, but found it odd to see him there and not here.

Just to follow my other thought, I get where you're coming from but I think this is more a case of over-complicating a situation that is complicated enough already. I'll risk being wrong on someone who's been cleared twice in favor of someone who hasn't been cleared at all.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:14 PM   #2505
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I did as well, BK. I wasn't even thinking about him at the other sites, but I noticed his username "online" there.

I actually returned here to see what his answers were, only to find he wasn't online.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:14 PM   #2506
Tyrith
College Starter

I agree, we have to stop the fight over KWhit. We have a lot of other people that need to be cleared; the marginal return on THOSE scans is a lot greater than if we keep scanning KWhit, because it's just as likely that KWhit is NOT part of the little circle and the other two players ARE, using him as a means to clear themselves.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:14 PM   #2507
Ironhead
College Prospect

Theory I just had (well, call it a theory if you wish). We are assuming at this point that Dodgerchick has gained the services of Ardent. And we don't want to kill an innocent villager tonight. I am more willing to place my vote on her tonight given all of the suspicions I have had with the hopes that if she is innocent Ardent will be able to change enough minds (remember, a laywer is more effective if you truly are innocent) to set her free. It will also give us a measuring stick to look at how Ardent's defense of Coffee Warlord stacks up against Dodgerchick's. They will be the only two people the entire game to have used the lawyers in defense.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #2508
Tyrith
College Starter

I'd like to note that I personally feel this is very much toeing the metagaming line...
Old 04-16-2007, 05:17 PM   #2509
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ah, whatever. It wasn't like I was hunting for him. Besides, he's been online since the results came out, and he didn't post what he found out.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:21 PM   #2510
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Ah, whatever. It wasn't like I was hunting for him. Besides, he's been online since the results came out, and he didn't post what he found out.

That's why it's toeing the line and not over it.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #2511
Ironhead
College Prospect

Another idea I had. The addition of service bids to the game creates another layer of voting record that can be checked by the village to determine whether someone is acting for or against the village. All the wolves really need is one or two people high enough in the wealth chain to win critical services. Given the existence of that voting record and the additional scrutiny that wealthy players have been placed under it would be smart for one or two wolves to remain under the radar. Have we checked to see if any of our members that started off in the lowest rung of wealth have made few if any lawsuits?
Old 04-16-2007, 05:25 PM   #2512
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Another idea I had. The addition of service bids to the game creates another layer of voting record that can be checked by the village to determine whether someone is acting for or against the village. All the wolves really need is one or two people high enough in the wealth chain to win critical services. Given the existence of that voting record and the additional scrutiny that wealthy players have been placed under it would be smart for one or two wolves to remain under the radar. Have we checked to see if any of our members that started off in the lowest rung of wealth have made few if any lawsuits?

I have only made one lawsuit, and it's not going to stick...I figured I was the bottom, swamped in almost every regard, losing the lawsuits I was getting sued on, why shold I clog up the legal system for no reason? Not everyone can sue everyone every day and ahve the system still do anything.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:26 PM   #2513
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Mustangus and Tyrus

Mustangus being the one that is pretty much UTR.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:29 PM   #2514
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Vote to nudge DC

I'm not that comfortable with this vote. I'm only doing it because st.cronin said I had to vote for one or the other.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:29 PM   #2515
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
PRIMER:

Today Senators must vote to execute either Barkeepus Valerius of Dodgeus Erchickus.

Which he states here.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:36 PM   #2516
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Will CR be online at all tonight or is he just out until after the lynch?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:38 PM   #2517
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I have only made one lawsuit, and it's not going to stick...I figured I was the bottom, swamped in almost every regard, losing the lawsuits I was getting sued on, why shold I clog up the legal system for no reason? Not everyone can sue everyone every day and ahve the system still do anything.

Something is not ringing true to me on this. KWhit also started off in the bottom of wealth and showed a remarkable ability to win both cases and wealth. I only show you being involved in two lawsuits during the first 4 days, and both of those were on Day 3. You have only been involved in a grand total of 4 lawsuits. You mean to tell me that you were thoroughly discouraged from suing people based on that? I also have not sued people this game, but I started off from a position of wealth and did not have trouble accessing services.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:44 PM   #2518
path12
Coordinator

OK, time to get a vote in:

VOTE THROW DC

I still think they're both OK.

And to clarify about my bid today, per the post that suggested I vote for the first bodyguard, I am placing a bid on Gallus Clarus.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:47 PM   #2519
Poli
FOFC Survivor

That's good and all, but I don't recall CW confirming that he placed a bid.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:48 PM   #2520
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Something is not ringing true to me on this. KWhit also started off in the bottom of wealth and showed a remarkable ability to win both cases and wealth. I only show you being involved in two lawsuits during the first 4 days, and both of those were on Day 3. You have only been involved in a grand total of 4 lawsuits. You mean to tell me that you were thoroughly discouraged from suing people based on that? I also have not sued people this game, but I started off from a position of wealth and did not have trouble accessing services.

I had no reason to sue anyone. To be honest, the way the lawsuits work in this game or less abhors me; it's a spam-o-ramic mechanic that I just didn't want to have any part of. If everyone was suing everyone the first few days we'd still be logjammed. Further, KWhit has shown a remarkable capacity to WIN; I have not. I could quite possible have sued myself even worse off, while just making more clutter for everyone.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:50 PM   #2521
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
That's good and all, but I don't recall CW confirming that he placed a bid.

I can't help that. I'm just trying to go with the plan.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #2522
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Understood, just pointing out that I'm smelling a little bad fish somewhere.

I may owe you, tyrith, and DT an apology before it's all said and done.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #2523
Ironhead
College Prospect

VOTE THROW DODGERCHICK OFF THE CLIFF

A lot of discussion has gone on regarding Dodgerchick over the past couple of days. I feel good enough about voting for her to simply resolve the issue because I still think the odds are higher that she is a wolf than not. Plus, as mentioned earlier if she truly is innocent then Ardent could possibly change enough minds to save her life.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #2524
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Understood, just pointing out that I'm smelling a little bad fish somewhere.

I may owe you, tyrith, and DT an apology before it's all said and done.

Honestly, I can't blame you for going after me at this point by and large...I've been quiet, unspectacular, and not particularly useful. This game really threw me off; I haven't been keeping track of stuff in the same manner I might typically, and generally I felt badly informed until this weekend. However, I strongly suspect there is someone at the top fo the game that's bad, or we're just incredibly lucky. Hm, could be either way, actually.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:57 PM   #2525
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
VOTE THROW DODGERCHICK OFF THE CLIFF

A lot of discussion has gone on regarding Dodgerchick over the past couple of days. I feel good enough about voting for her to simply resolve the issue because I still think the odds are higher that she is a wolf than not. Plus, as mentioned earlier if she truly is innocent then Ardent could possibly change enough minds to save her life.

The AE factor depends on how bad we're executing her. What's the vote count?
Old 04-16-2007, 06:00 PM   #2526
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm going to vote against DC after all. Not much today to convince me not to.

DODGERUS VOTE CHICKUS

(that means I vote to break Dodgerus Chickus in half)
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:02 PM   #2527
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Mustangus and Tyrus

Mustangus being the one that is pretty much UTR.

I made 6 or 7 lawsuits the other day and lost all but 1.

Speaking of lawsuits, what is the mechanic that determines lawsuits, I'm hazy on that. There has to be some mechanic where certain people can win all the lawsuits they have.

Is there any connection to who wins what % of lawsuits when certain people or lawyers or in power? I would think that maybe traitors would have a higher win percent when they are paired up with another traitor in some measure (consul, lawyers, tribune)
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:06 PM   #2528
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

VOTE EXECUTE DC

More to end her seeming misery. I can't imagine someone being a Tarq would pound the podium that hard though to go this way...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:08 PM   #2529
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Hey now, the Warlord is here and can lock in his bid. How bout it, Warlord?
Old 04-16-2007, 06:11 PM   #2530
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Something to throw out there:
I know Narc said he wasn't going to be around. What if he came around? Would people like him to veto the execution? I've asked cronin and that means both DC and I would go free.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #2531
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm down with that.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:23 PM   #2532
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Guess that's a no from CW. That's just a little frustrating.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:24 PM   #2533
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Softball tossing with my wife, I might be gone till the top of the hour.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:27 PM   #2534
Tyrith
College Starter

I'd say no on the execution veto...I'd rather keep the vote close while still executing DC, then see if AE weasels her out of it. A raw veto is no test at all.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:33 PM   #2535
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Theory I just had (well, call it a theory if you wish). We are assuming at this point that Dodgerchick has gained the services of Ardent. And we don't want to kill an innocent villager tonight. I am more willing to place my vote on her tonight given all of the suspicions I have had with the hopes that if she is innocent Ardent will be able to change enough minds (remember, a laywer is more effective if you truly are innocent) to set her free. It will also give us a measuring stick to look at how Ardent's defense of Coffee Warlord stacks up against Dodgerchick's. They will be the only two people the entire game to have used the lawyers in defense.

I had this same idea while off washing the dishes. It's looking like it may be too much of a landslide to try it out though. I probably missed some votes but right now I have 10 against Dodgerus Erchickus. I'd be interested in seeing if the lawyer can get her out of this, a la Coffeus so I don't want to make it too extreme.

For what it's worth, I've been rethinking my position on Senator Dodgerus. With that time washing dishes to think clearly about this, it would seem that in this particular game, locking up the seers would be the number one goal of hte traitors. Having someone rich to hire them and waste them on already semi-trusted people would be a safe way to do that. I'm not convinced, but between that and the chance of her innocence being proven by her lawyer, I would be more inclined to vote to execute her. I'm going to see what the vote count is and decide though.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:33 PM   #2536
Ironhead
College Prospect

Right now I am leaning towards not arresting Coffee Warlord tonight, but he is a strong possibility for me depending on how Dodgerchick's trial goes.

My other suspects are DT, Mustang and Chubby. Anyone have any input?
Old 04-16-2007, 06:34 PM   #2537
Tyrith
College Starter

On that note, let's see what AE can do.

UNVOTE KILL DC
VOTE KILL BARKEEP
Old 04-16-2007, 06:34 PM   #2538
Tyrith
College Starter

Ironhead, DT has been constantly distrusted throughout the game so he wouldn't be a bad choice. Chubby doesn't really seem to be doing much for us, so that might be another good possibility.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:35 PM   #2539
Autumn
Head Coach

Does someone have a better record of services won than I do?
Old 04-16-2007, 06:39 PM   #2540
Autumn
Head Coach

It seems to me that a good traitor strategy would be, as I mentioned above, lock up the lawyers and waste their scans. That turns my suspicion on Dodgerus, as everyone else has been saying. It also turns it on Abeus Anxietus, who scanned someone who had already been scanned.

Bodyguards would be anohter pivotal one for the traitors, but less so since there are so many targets in this game they could hope we'd guard the wrong person.

I'd like to look over the records for lawyer and killer bids if someone has a good one.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:40 PM   #2541
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Right now I am leaning towards not arresting Coffee Warlord tonight, but he is a strong possibility for me depending on how Dodgerchick's trial goes.

My other suspects are DT, Mustang and Chubby. Anyone have any input?

I don't wnat us to narrow the arrests down too visibly, as it seems it gives the traitors a chance to disrupt them. However if you want to confine yourself to a list, those three or something else, then I'll make sure to arrest outside of it.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:41 PM   #2542
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I had this same idea while off washing the dishes. It's looking like it may be too much of a landslide to try it out though. I probably missed some votes but right now I have 10 against Dodgerus Erchickus. I'd be interested in seeing if the lawyer can get her out of this, a la Coffeus so I don't want to make it too extreme.

For what it's worth, I've been rethinking my position on Senator Dodgerus. With that time washing dishes to think clearly about this, it would seem that in this particular game, locking up the seers would be the number one goal of hte traitors. Having someone rich to hire them and waste them on already semi-trusted people would be a safe way to do that. I'm not convinced, but between that and the chance of her innocence being proven by her lawyer, I would be more inclined to vote to execute her. I'm going to see what the vote count is and decide though.

I would personally advise against any hedging of bets, as to me it would be VERY suspicious. It would seem like a wolf trying to save their companion by hiding behind the defense of helping the village. Even if we do kill Dodgerchick and she turns up innocent I am sure we can glean some information from Ardent's defense of her. I imagine the message would be something like "Ardent fought hard for Dodgerchick's life, changing X senator's minds but it wasn't enough." It isn't going to be "Arden't doesn't bother defending her because it is a landslide. Her death one way or another will provide us information and hopefully get us out of this stalemate and feeling of cluelessness. If this turns into a wasted day (no lynch, no information) because of hedged votes I will be pretty frustrated.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:42 PM   #2543
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
On that note, let's see what AE can do.

IWS. Vote upcoming. I think.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:43 PM   #2544
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Yesterday? I'm not sure I know what you mean.

I was responding to your comment about Kayus Whitus, and his involvement in what happened yesterday. I assume you meant to do with the bidding setup.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #2545
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I would personally advise against any hedging of bets, as to me it would be VERY suspicious. It would seem like a wolf trying to save their companion by hiding behind the defense of helping the village. Even if we do kill Dodgerchick and she turns up innocent I am sure we can glean some information from Ardent's defense of her. I imagine the message would be something like "Ardent fought hard for Dodgerchick's life, changing X senator's minds but it wasn't enough." It isn't going to be "Arden't doesn't bother defending her because it is a landslide. Her death one way or another will provide us information and hopefully get us out of this stalemate and feeling of cluelessness. If this turns into a wasted day (no lynch, no information) because of hedged votes I will be pretty frustrated.
Duly noted. Vote staying (and softball tossing didn't last very long )
Old 04-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #2546
Lorena
Unregistered

You guys are forgetting something, CW was voted innocent and that's why he was let out of jail, am I right? He didn't NEED Swagg's service because WE, as a group, voted for him to be released.

I got Ardent this time around and I WANT to be voted "off the cliff", whatever that means. My assumption is that IF ya'll vote for me as being treasonous (spelling?), then that's when the lawyer comes into play.

Am I missing something here?
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:45 PM   #2547
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Tyrith: I think we've seen pretty clearly that the top lawyer swings 3 votes. How is anything gained?
Old 04-16-2007, 06:45 PM   #2548
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I was responding to your comment about Kayus Whitus, and his involvement in what happened yesterday. I assume you meant to do with the bidding setup.
Well, he did have time to tell us what he got, if anything. He didn't say anything, and hasn't been here all day.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:45 PM   #2549
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
You guys are forgetting something, CW was voted innocent and that's why he was let out of jail, am I right? He didn't NEED Swagg's service because WE, as a group, voted for him to be released.

I got Ardent this time around and I WANT to be voted "off the cliff", whatever that means. My assumption is that IF ya'll vote for me as being treasonous (spelling?), then that's when the lawyer comes into play.

Am I missing something here?
You are. CW had the lawyer and while he was going free anyway the votes against him were further reduced (6-3).
Old 04-16-2007, 06:46 PM   #2550
Poli
FOFC Survivor

DC, I assume you haven't used the scan or haven't received word (I believe Cronin hasn't been here either). True?