Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #2451
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
You thought it would be a good idea to scan a foreigner? But why did you assume I was a foreigner? Maybe I just caught you in spewing some BS.

I thought it would be a good idea for *Jack* to scan a foreigner, by which I mean interrogate a foreigner. Too many differnet things with the same terms, sorry.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #2452
The Jackal
Coordinator

Weird move, Autumn. Well, I'm confident in you being a wolf now.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #2453
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Why would anyone in this game lie about their character's name? Your role seems made up, even.

Made up? I had the same exact role in the game you ran, I believe it was. lol
Old 07-13-2009, 04:10 PM   #2454
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I thought it would be a good idea for *Jack* to scan a foreigner, by which I mean interrogate a foreigner. Too many differnet things with the same terms, sorry.

Alright, so that clears that up. But it still doesn't give any reason why I would lie about what my name is. There is nothing I can think of that would give a person a reason to lie about what their role is in this game unless they are supposed to outlive a certain person, as I think someone mentioned as a role earlier in this one (and a role I've had before in other games) - but that is not my case, and at this point I would tell the truth about it anyways, as I have in games past.

There is just no reason for me to lie about my character name, I am George Mason, I always have been, and I don't have much else to say.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #2455
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Made up? I had the same exact role in the game you ran, I believe it was. lol

But in this game knowing the names of characters gives no correlation to a role. I don't know what role you are referring to.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #2456
Autumn
Head Coach

Whatever, I'm not going to get in a pissing match about it. The information is there. I'm obviously not of a trusted enough status to be leading any lynch votes. Interrogate me instead if you want and save Jackal for another day. I'd rather you didn't lynch me as I may unsurface someone else, but that will point the way as well.

I've got to go, I'll check back in before or after dinner.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #2457
The Jackal
Coordinator

Unfortunately I'm now going to be gone until after 9 because of skating. So Autumn will have plenty of chances to continue talking, but I just hope the rest of you consider this carefully.

DT, I'm not going to use my role. If the village really thinks it's smart to lynch me I'll just let it happen. I think I've played a good game for us considering I'm pretty much a vanilla villager in terms of usefulness to anyone.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #2458
The Jackal
Coordinator

Ha, well at least both of us are going, other people can duke this out.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #2459
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
But in this game knowing the names of characters gives no correlation to a role. I don't know what role you are referring to.

It's just an information gathering role. You might recall the wolves had a membver with the same ability. I'm not sure how useful it was for them, but it at least allowed DT to cross reference the stories people were telling.

If there was no reason to hide your role in this game, why would Barkeep and Hoops gone through all the trouble of making extra roles? You seem to be missing something.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:23 PM   #2460
kingfc22
Head Coach

Just got online as I've been busy at work all day.

Looks like this is going to be a Jackal/Autumn lynch decision.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #2461
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
That isn't it at all. If the untrusted list is 50% or more conspiracy, that means the conspiracy is in trouble. That also means there is a 50% or better chance that whoever is interrogated will be a conspiracy member. The logical thing for the conspiracy to do is "help out" and feed us a villager to buy some time. For that to work, the suggestion would have to be made quickly so it could be the first suggestion. Fighting over who to interrogate would provide us too much information, so being the first suggestion is a must.

Is there a reason you are so offended by me picking someone not you from the NT list to interrogate? Is there any reason you don't want to see Autumn interrogated?

My point is that we are so focused on the list that no one is thinking about the "after life: of the list. Scanning someone from the list does what? Buys us a victory maybe one lynch sooner if the cunning is not in the trusted list? At that point it leaves us with nothing new to go on once the list is exhausted. If the list is 50% wolf than even if we make the worst possible lynch votes in the history of WW by lynching the 3 villagers first we still win.

If we don't take a shot at looking past this we may be sitting on just one chance to win after the list is gone and if we pick wrong we lose. Why would we not want information to help us make that one last lynch? If we runaway vote we learn nothing if there is a cunning. If we make each vote close enough to have movement we will learn something. For the same reason if we use the scan on a trusted (only chance that a cunning could hurt us) we take a shot at nailing a cunning hiding among us.

I am not saying that there is a cunning there. I am saying that we should play expecting to have to weed one out. That way if it's not there we win and go home happy but if it is than we have gained a lot of information.

Exactly what is wrong with trying to be prepared?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #2462
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
If there was no reason to hide your role in this game, why would Barkeep and Hoops gone through all the trouble of making extra roles? You seem to be missing something.

I'm not sure it was necessary considering there were no pre-game role reveals. I might be missing something, but even the wolves were given one of those characters, so why would we run into the situation where two people are claiming the same character?

It's one thing if knowing anyone's character name would give any correlation to a role, but it doesn't.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #2463
hoopsguy
General Manager

Going to be out of the thread for most of the next hour while heading home. Will process any required actions upon my arrival.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:33 PM   #2464
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 2467:

IS 2 - henry (2306), sal (2395)
Thom 3 - PB (2313), Brian (2408), ntn (2413)
Jack 3 - EF (2411), Autumn (2416), DT (2441)
Autumn 2 - path (2388), Jack (2445)
Old 07-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #2465
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

unvote Jack

vote Autumn
Old 07-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #2466
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Just testing a theory.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:49 PM   #2467
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

unvote Thomkal
vote The Jackal
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:49 PM   #2468
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Keeping things tied here I think.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #2469
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
My point is that we are so focused on the list that no one is thinking about the "after life: of the list. Scanning someone from the list does what? Buys us a victory maybe one lynch sooner if the cunning is not in the trusted list? At that point it leaves us with nothing new to go on once the list is exhausted. If the list is 50% wolf than even if we make the worst possible lynch votes in the history of WW by lynching the 3 villagers first we still win.

If we don't take a shot at looking past this we may be sitting on just one chance to win after the list is gone and if we pick wrong we lose. Why would we not want information to help us make that one last lynch? If we runaway vote we learn nothing if there is a cunning. If we make each vote close enough to have movement we will learn something. For the same reason if we use the scan on a trusted (only chance that a cunning could hurt us) we take a shot at nailing a cunning hiding among us.

I am not saying that there is a cunning there. I am saying that we should play expecting to have to weed one out. That way if it's not there we win and go home happy but if it is than we have gained a lot of information.

Exactly what is wrong with trying to be prepared?

So your plan is to interrogate someone on the trusted list that the seer scanned and lynch someone on the NT list? We are just assuming that the cunning - if there is one - would have no voting history that would tell us something after we know more wolves?

I'm not against starting the search for the cunning wolf now, but I don't know that I'd suggest searching for something we don't know exists while ignoring a search for stuff we do know exists. I'd suggest we knock out the wolves now so that the voting ratio is really in our favor while we search for the cunning wolf.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #2470
saldana
Pro Starter

ok, now i am getting really suspicious of purduebrad...eaglefan and i both spelled out a legitimate strategy that DT also likes, and instead of even acknowledging it, he is choosing to keep things tied?

i dont understand the value of that play at this point in the game.

unvote isiddiqui
vote autumn
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:04 PM   #2471
saldana
Pro Starter

dt, do you think now might be a good time for me to use my role...i need a little help with a target if you do...it has to be someone in the same category as myself, or someone from the group directly below it in post 2
Old 07-13-2009, 05:04 PM   #2472
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Saldana, I didn't read anything yet, I'm in the midst of making dinner and just watching new posts. First post I saw when I came on was EF's vote and I thought I would keep it even. Fault me for being lazy I guess.

Going back when I have time.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:06 PM   #2473
Autumn
Head Coach

EF, your plan is to interrogate someone on the trusted list? For what? You think the seer can't find the cunning wolf but Jack's interrogation can? Do we have reason to think that's true.

That seems a little crazy to me.

I can't see why exactly I'm getting the votes I am. If I'm telling the truth you lynch me, realize I am, lynch Jackal, I guess, but don't get any more of my ability. If you trust me either lynch Jackal, or if you want to play it safe just interrogate one of us and lynch someone else today. That gives you a clear lynch tomorrow and you still get a lynch today.

I'll move my vote to someone else in that case but now I'm needing it for self preservation it seems.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #2474
Schmidty
Coordinator

By the way, I am finally here and am catching up right now.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #2475
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Saldana, please tell me your plan is the one where we condense votes and get some lynches rather than the one where we waste powers on cleared or at least semi-cleared characters. If it is the former, I'm with you and will move. If it is the latter, then I think it is a bad idea.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:19 PM   #2476
kingfc22
Head Coach

Vote Autumn

I think Autumn is more likely a wolf than Jackal is at this point.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:25 PM   #2477
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i think we are going about this the entirely wrong way...we have a very narrow list of suspects and we are spreading out our votes....i am thinking that because of the % needed to lynch being dependent on the time from the last lynch, we should be focusing our votes on one person...theoretically, we could get multiple lynches right after one another and hammer that list...it would actually give the wolves no where to hide and make them vote for each other.

allow me to elaborate further.

lets say we decide to target Isiddiqui...we all vote him except for Thomkal...who thinks the idea is dumb...if Isiddiqui comes up wolf, that gives us Thomkal as the next target, who we all vote for again....rinse, repeat until we go all the way through the list of no trust.

with the clock mechanic the way it is, i think we need to start taking advantage of it instead of falling back upon our habit of one lynch per day.

I'm agree with this.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:29 PM   #2478
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Saldana, please tell me your plan is the one where we condense votes and get some lynches rather than the one where we waste powers on cleared or at least semi-cleared characters. If it is the former, I'm with you and will move. If it is the latter, then I think it is a bad idea.

it is absolutely "the condense votes on the people on the uncleared list" plan...i think we should be trying to get a unanamous vote followed by another one as soon as possible..with the number of cleared players we have, we shouldnt be waiting for a 1 lynch per day anymore.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #2479
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Vote Autumn

I think Autumn is more likely a wolf than Jackal is at this point.

i agree because i cant see a value in lying about your character name...although i also dont see a value in lying about someone lying about their character name.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #2480
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Uh, well I guess I don't have a choice here. I'm George Mason.

Unvote ISidd

Vote Autumn

Man, that upset you had a few years ago was AWESOME!!!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 05:33 PM   #2481
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Definitely following along with this:

unvote Jackal
vote Autumn
Old 07-13-2009, 05:34 PM   #2482
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I like going for multiple lynches quickly since we should press our advantage some and big stack the wolves.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #2483
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I like going for multiple lynches quickly since we should press our advantage some and big stack the wolves.

Why? IF, and I say IF, there is a cunning involved in the trusted list this gives them a free place to hide.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #2484
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, after reading (not really contributing -sorry), I see that there really are 3 viable option. Autumn's past few posts have seemed more odd than the others.

Vote Autumn.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #2485
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

EF, I don't doubt that you're right, there likely is a cunning. I would prefer to attack the known and then start to pick apart the unknown. I am prepared for that very scenario, honestly, but I would really like to see us net two-three more wolves and see where we're at.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:41 PM   #2486
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 2467:

IS 1 - henry (2306)
Thom 2 - Brian (2408), ntn (2413)
Jack 2 - Autumn (2416), DT (2441)
Autumn 6 - path (2388), Jack (2445), EF (2469), sal (2474), king (2480), PB (2485)
Old 07-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #2487
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

thanks BrianD!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #2488
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
EF, I don't doubt that you're right, there likely is a cunning. I would prefer to attack the known and then start to pick apart the unknown. I am prepared for that very scenario, honestly, but I would really like to see us net two-three more wolves and see where we're at.

But this would give us one chance to get it right and with less infomation. I cannot see how that is a good idea at all.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #2489
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Momentum is a bad word to use but it's kind of what I'm arguing, or maybe it is advantage. But I feel we're in a good spot here and I want to make it a great spot by knocking out a couple more wolves before we start some of the other scenarios. I know that there is no real momentum factor but I do like making the other side panic some, I think it can lead to poor decision making.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #2490
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I'd suggest we knock out the wolves now so that the voting ratio is really in our favor while we search for the cunning wolf.

We are. I am not saying we don't vote the list. Voting the list is knocking out the wolves.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #2491
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Momentum is a bad word to use but it's kind of what I'm arguing, or maybe it is advantage. But I feel we're in a good spot here and I want to make it a great spot by knocking out a couple more wolves before we start some of the other scenarios. I know that there is no real momentum factor but I do like making the other side panic some, I think it can lead to poor decision making.

The problem is that we cannot stop until the list is gone. When the list is gone we have one chance, just one chance toget it right or we lose. What is wrong with trying to give ourselves as much information as possible when getting to that one chance (again, IF there is a cunning among the trusted).
Old 07-13-2009, 05:46 PM   #2492
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I guess I'm also not sold on anyone having an ability that can 'catch' a cunning wolf unless somebody has said something that I missed (likely, hectic day here). I want to limit our losses, knock out some wolves, and then see what's left. I prefer to stay the conservative path here for once (a rarity for me).
Old 07-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #2493
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I guess I do see where you are coming from a bit more EF regarding info. I do see value in what you are saying but our problem is that we take out voters when they are interrogated which could definitely back-fire on us.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #2494
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: to comment on the great spot phrase. How is it a great spot when it is 3-1 and we have one chance to get it right and nothing to go on because we wasted 6 straight votes on landslides?
Old 07-13-2009, 05:48 PM   #2495
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Unfortunately I'm now going to be gone until after 9 because of skating. So Autumn will have plenty of chances to continue talking, but I just hope the rest of you consider this carefully.

DT, I'm not going to use my role. If the village really thinks it's smart to lynch me I'll just let it happen. I think I've played a good game for us considering I'm pretty much a vanilla villager in terms of usefulness to anyone.

okay *nods*
Old 07-13-2009, 05:49 PM   #2496
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
dt, do you think now might be a good time for me to use my role...i need a little help with a target if you do...it has to be someone in the same category as myself, or someone from the group directly below it in post 2

idk...hmmm
Old 07-13-2009, 05:49 PM   #2497
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I guess I'm also not sold on anyone having an ability that can 'catch' a cunning wolf unless somebody has said something that I missed (likely, hectic day here). I want to limit our losses, knock out some wolves, and then see what's left. I prefer to stay the conservative path here for once (a rarity for me).

I am guessing if anyone can it would be Jack's "intensive interogation". If DT know for certain that he cannot catch the cunning that way than I'll stop arguing that idea right now. But I still think we shouldn't do runaway votes.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #2498
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

because if we condense the votes then we'll limit the wolves ability to get kills in hopefully, and the people left will be cleared?
Old 07-13-2009, 05:52 PM   #2499
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I am guessing if anyone can it would be Jack's "intensive interogation". If DT know for certain that he cannot catch the cunning that way than I'll stop arguing that idea right now. But I still think we shouldn't do runaway votes.

i don't know for certain
Old 07-13-2009, 05:52 PM   #2500
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I guess I do see where you are coming from a bit more EF regarding info. I do see value in what you are saying but our problem is that we take out voters when they are interrogated which could definitely back-fire on us.

It sounds like we will be talking one interogation and that would be tomorrow. It we miss today it's still most likley 9-3 meaning there is no way the wolves can gain a percentage advantage to eliminate a trusted.