Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-30-2007, 10:02 PM   #2451
Thomkal
Head Coach

Oh, so what would have ArlingtonColt's weapon done?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:03 PM   #2452
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
If st.cronin had tried to use him to guard himself, would he have shown as a bodyguard?

Yes, if Cronin had seduced Ardent to protect him, he would have succeeded.. Ardent was a bodyguard, just a Titan bodyguard.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:03 PM   #2453
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

neon - we were actually hoping you would fake-reveal as poseidon. Although at that point we thought you might be a titan, so that might have actually wound up forcing you to reveal

neon - chief didn't sell racer up the river really. I was debating between the two and (to the best of my recollection) made the decision based pretty much on my own gut
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:04 PM   #2454
Poli
FOFC Survivor

You did great, Tell. Neon and RA's confidence in you helped keep you in there for a long time. I really thought you and Racer were buried in some COTs.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:04 PM   #2455
Telle
College Starter

And Alan, what was up with having all that stuff in the rules about good Titans but then not having any good Titans in the game?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:05 PM   #2456
st.cronin
General Manager

I thought Telle played a great game, except for the kill of RA. I never would have been on her if it wasn't for that.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:05 PM   #2457
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
You did great, Tell. Neon and RA's confidence in you helped keep you in there for a long time. I really thought you and Racer were buried in some COTs.

Thanks. You should have seen RendeR ranting and raving.. "How do they not see it! How the hell have you gotten so deep into their trust?!??"
Old 10-30-2007, 10:06 PM   #2458
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hephaestus - You are the God of smithing. Each day you may fabricate a glorious weapon to be given as a gift to another player. The strength of that weapon will depend on how many action points you choose to spend on forging it. The more action points you spend also will dictate how many days you must use to craft it.

1 Action point = 1 day and a bonus of +1
2 action points = 2 days of spending 2 action points each day, and a bonus of +2
3 action points = 3 days of spending 3 action points each day, and a bonus of +3
4 action points = 4 days of spending 4 action points each day, and a bonus of +4

ArlingtonColt was told that the weapon wouldn't give any new actions, but that was not entirely true. The weapon would basically serve as an instant bodyguard for whomever held it, however it would have a one time ability to perform a kill which would have destroyed the weapon in its entirety. The design was meant to be more intended for defense (instant bodyguard every night the rest of the game), but would provide for flexibility if someone felt it worth it to risk that by attacking with it instead. Only the person receiving the weapon would be told this. ArlingtonColt would not have known.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:07 PM   #2459
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I thought Telle played a great game, except for the kill of RA. I never would have been on her if it wasn't for that.

That was a last minute switch. I was going to kill Anxiety. But then RA said something about his scan that night should help figure things out.. and I started worrying what if he scans me again and I come up good and how will that be interpreted.. so I switched to him.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:07 PM   #2460
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That sniff was lame. You'd have been wrong in any other game as I would have said the exact same thing.

But then again, I'm sure we'd never hear about you sniffing out a villager.

ardent - I thought we went over this outside of the game. despite my statement in the thread, the feeling I had about you wasn't about that comment. That comment was more to provide...cover to try to keep the attention off of myself from your teammates.

the feeling was something that I guess hoops (he was still alive then right?) and myself had had about you that day and the day before.

in hindsight, knowing what I know now about the RL-situation I wouldn't have said that even if it was just to provide cover.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:09 PM   #2461
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And Alan, what was up with having all that stuff in the rules about good Titans but then not having any good Titans in the game?

I had some good titan roles initially written up (as well as many other olympians). I could have gone up to 30ish players if we had that much interest. Alot of what goes into a ruleset isn't only for what roles are out there, but the possibility of what could be out there.. Often people complain that there isn't enough flexibility for fake reveals in games.. so in this game I intended to allow alot of possibility of fake reveals.. Apollo would never know if someone was a good titan or bad titan, just a Titan.. so even if scanned you had wiggleroom possibly.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:09 PM   #2462
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Man, I feel like I was the worst seer ever...

...wait, did somebody already say that?

Anyhow, I didn't trust my scan of Telle which is why I voted for her right after I scanned her. Funny because had Neon never came forward, I would've been reasonably sure that she was a Titan. As it was, it got her into my CoT and then I whiffed on the next two. Lathum I was reasonably sure on, since one was whiff wasn't a big deal (maybe he had some power?), but on the second whiff, I knew something was wrong.

Things would've been a lot different had Neon never vouched for Telle!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:09 PM   #2463
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
That was a last minute switch. I was going to kill Anxiety. But then RA said something about his scan that night should help figure things out.. and I started worrying what if he scans me again and I come up good and how will that be interpreted.. so I switched to him.

You should have killed me. I had been quietly supporting Anxiety all game, but hadn't offered anything definitive. Without me around, I think you could have gotten Anxiety lynched, which is what you needed to do.

knives out
Old 10-30-2007, 10:10 PM   #2464
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
And thanks.. but it's hard not to just feel like I failed, since we lost and all.

I was really impressed with how my fellow Titans played. Being the first game I played since Alan T's tombstone game last year, I was pretty nervous about saying something that would be a give away. Being a werewolf is definitely harder then being a villager. I had a lot of fun though.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:10 PM   #2465
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:

I thought about scanning you, but I scanned Anxiety instead the night I got killed.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:11 PM   #2466
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Man, I feel like I was the worst seer ever...

...wait, did somebody already say that?

Anyhow, I didn't trust my scan of Telle which is why I voted for her right after I scanned her. Funny because had Neon never came forward, I would've been reasonably sure that she was a Titan. As it was, it got her into my CoT and then I whiffed on the next two. Lathum I was reasonably sure on, since one was whiff wasn't a big deal (maybe he had some power?), but on the second whiff, I knew something was wrong.

Things would've been a lot different had Neon never vouched for Telle!

Lol. Sorry!
Old 10-30-2007, 10:11 PM   #2467
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You should have killed me. I had been quietly supporting Anxiety all game, but hadn't offered anything definitive. Without me around, I think you could have gotten Anxiety lynched, which is what you needed to do.

Before the final swing, for a while this morning I thought Telle was going to pull it off. If Anxiety had been lynched, DT would have been killed and Telle would have won.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:11 PM   #2468
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

I wanted to lynch Anxiety because of his plan to team with Neon to protect DT. Turned out that didn't actually work anyways.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:12 PM   #2469
st.cronin
General Manager

Alan, if it had been close, I was going to change my action to force Neon to vote for Telle.

knives out
Old 10-30-2007, 10:12 PM   #2470
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I thought about scanning you, but I scanned Anxiety instead the night I got killed.

And then your head exploded
Old 10-30-2007, 10:12 PM   #2471
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I thought Racer and Telle both did a great job...being the first game I ever played with either (that I recall).

I thought I'd have to do a lot of "coaching" but both were very knowledgable and did a great job.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:14 PM   #2472
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Alan, what was your thought on the double reveal?
Old 10-30-2007, 10:14 PM   #2473
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Before the final swing, for a while this morning I thought Telle was going to pull it off. If Anxiety had been lynched, DT would have been killed and Telle would have won.

For a while I thought I at least had a shot. When you started to push for voting for Chief I thought I could use that as momentum. Ah well.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:14 PM   #2474
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Great job by Telle and Racer.

HAHAHAHA

I still can't believe we got lucky on path12.

"you were UTR."

"no i wasn't!"

"yes you were."

path12 dies.

AHAHAHAHA.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:14 PM   #2475
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I thought Racer and Telle both did a great job...being the first game I ever played with either (that I recall).

I thought I'd have to do a lot of "coaching" but both were very knowledgable and did a great job.

I always do all of my role assignments with random.org. I saw the wolf team and initially wondered how you all would do. But I don't like interfering with how things ended out and I have to say I enjoyed the Titan's play this game (other than Path.. how do you get killed day 1 as a titan???)
Old 10-30-2007, 10:15 PM   #2476
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, what was your thought on the double reveal?

I thought it was well done. It seemed obvious to me that the Olympian CoT had become pretty solid and the only people not in it was you two, Chief and AC for the most part. And with the way things went, you two ended up the focus of votes.. so you needed a way to get more trust for one of you and it worked.. until Chief blew it up.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:16 PM   #2477
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Lol. Sorry!

No biggie. Just need somebody to lay the blame of my failures, right? It couldn't possibly be myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fault.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:17 PM   #2478
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

We've played one game together before. I don't remember which.. but it was one of my first two. I thought you were a wolf. Your responses to my accusations were quite hostile. I thought that had to be the actions of a desperate wolf. When you came up a villager I told RendeR something along the lines of "Wow, he wasn't a wolf.. he was just an asshole" Had a MUCH better gaming experience with you this time
Old 10-30-2007, 10:18 PM   #2479
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

AE - I thought the double-reveal was brilliant and very well done.

Quite ballsy too. Cojones like boulders you have sir.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:20 PM   #2480
st.cronin
General Manager

Thank you for another wonderful game, Alan.

knives out
Old 10-30-2007, 10:20 PM   #2481
Poli
FOFC Survivor

My reveal was supposed to have holes in it for people to blow up.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:21 PM   #2482
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I always do all of my role assignments with random.org. I saw the wolf team and initially wondered how you all would do. But I don't like interfering with how things ended out and I have to say I enjoyed the Titan's play this game (other than Path.. how do you get killed day 1 as a titan???)

Beats the hell out of me. I was gone for three hours, came back and BAM. But I still say to Neon that I didn't play that day 1 any different than I play any other day 1. Sometimes your name just comes up.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:22 PM   #2483
Thomkal
Head Coach

I have to say I like the idea of the players having unknown powers/benefits/side effects like with Arlington's weapon there Alan.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:22 PM   #2484
path12
Coordinator

Dola, I like to think you would have enjoyed my play a lot had I made it past that first day.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:23 PM   #2485
path12
Coordinator

One more dolaish post -- I was really sorry I didn't get more time with my fellow Titans. Agree on Telle's game, but once you're down to one bad guy it can get very tough in endgame, especially as more and more reveals come into play.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:25 PM   #2486
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I need to head off to bed. I'll check in the morning to answer any other questions that came up.

Thanks again to everyone who played, it was fun watching you all play, and I hope everyone (including those whom hadn't played in a while) sign up for Render's game. I love playing WW games with people other than the same 5-6 people each time.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:27 PM   #2487
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

great game alan...thanks for hosting
Old 10-30-2007, 10:35 PM   #2488
Telle
College Starter

Good game everyone.. it was fun. Well, I don't know about that.. it was seriously stressful.. but I think it was still fun too.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:37 PM   #2489
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm not sure this has been mentioned yet, but the three head Olympians could chat with each other. So BK/DT/me were talking until we started getting clipped. Of course, I was paranoid about being linked to these players, to the point where I took a pretty big chance on the Day 1 vote. I was ecstatic to watch DT take it home after we were both gone, making the right decision just about every time.

I thought a lot of people on both sides played very well this game. Nice fake reveal by Telle - I think I commented early in the game that if she was doing a fake reveal it was well crafted.

When I died I figured that the Olympians were going to ease into the victory, but then learned that Racer and Telle were the final two Titans and that there was some trust on both at the time. I figured it would go down to the wire and it did, although not in the manner I would have expected.

Alan is right - I didn't enjoy my power much as all as I never got to use it. It was especially cool to have submitted my Day 3 vote at 8:23, which was three minutes after the deadline but before Alan had posted that was the deadline.

Day 1 - no one dead, couldn't use power
Day 2 - kidnapped, couldn't use power
Day 3 - choose between BK and NTN to talk with. NTN had already revealed a bunch of info about his actions and I was chatting with BK. I sent him a question "who would you vote for today?" His answer: either Telle or Racer (Alan can confirm this)
Day 4 - no action thanks to Hyperion

Also, I thought the AE/Racer action was well-conceived. The three people that were in the line of fire on Day 4, after the Hyperion + reveal lists came out were Chief, AE, and Racer. All three were bad guys. That was a very nice spot to be in, but the double Odysseus reveal muddled things for everyone to the point that this was lost as a data point for future days. All is well that ends well, but I was bummed to see this lost from future discussions.

Neon - stop picking fights with me Seriously, it seems to be getting trendy to pick fights with me during the day in order to avoid night kills by arousing suspicion from the other villagers. I know BK does this, I know Blade used to do this, and it seems like Lathum does this from time to time. But from where I sit, it is tiring arguing with a rotating group of people from game to game. It is not easy to distinguish villager vs villager instead of villager vs wolf. I almost had DaddyT snuff you with his giant on Day 3 - deadline coming early may have prevented that from taking place.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:38 PM   #2490
hoopsguy
General Manager

RendeR, how were you so sure about Telle on Day 3? I never was able to pick up on that? I knew about your role from Day 1 thanks to DT, but was worried that you were trusting the people you contacted a little too much as it didn't seem like you had the ability to distinguish good/bad just by talking with them. So although I trusted you, I didn't fully trust your reads. Looking at them post-mortem, they were spot on.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:39 PM   #2491
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I need to head off to bed. I'll check in the morning to answer any other questions that came up.

Thanks again to everyone who played, it was fun watching you all play, and I hope everyone (including those whom hadn't played in a while) sign up for Render's game. I love playing WW games with people other than the same 5-6 people each time.

I had a blast. I definitely want to play another one soon, but I figure I better wait until after I take the P1-Actuaral Exam at the end of November since I probably need to devote as much as my time as possible to studying for it. Any actuaries play in this game by the way?
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:41 PM   #2492
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Neon - stop picking fights with me Seriously, it seems to be getting trendy to pick fights with me during the day in order to avoid night kills by arousing suspicion from the other villagers. I know BK does this, I know Blade used to do this, and it seems like Lathum does this from time to time. But from where I sit, it is tiring arguing with a rotating group of people from game to game. It is not easy to distinguish villager vs villager instead of villager vs wolf. I almost had DaddyT snuff you with his giant on Day 3 - deadline coming early may have prevented that from taking place.

Hey, I was only picking a fight with you because I wanted the Titans to think you were on the verge of being in a 1-on-1 lynch situation with me.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:47 PM   #2493
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Stop being such a wuss hoops, whats your problem, huh, something wrong?

Wanna take this outside...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:55 PM   #2494
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, I can't believe you root for a team that doesn't cover against the Dolphins. Seriously, and what kind of poker player gets drawn out on by K9? Oh, and Flogging Molly sucks
Old 10-30-2007, 10:56 PM   #2495
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
RendeR, how were you so sure about Telle on Day 3? I never was able to pick up on that? I knew about your role from Day 1 thanks to DT, but was worried that you were trusting the people you contacted a little too much as it didn't seem like you had the ability to distinguish good/bad just by talking with them. So although I trusted you, I didn't fully trust your reads. Looking at them post-mortem, they were spot on.

This game was SO weird for me. I just KNEW, I felt it about every one of them right from day 1.
After I was killed day 3, Alan asked me not to post anything until after day 4, so I assume there was some sort of ressurection possibilty?

After the lynch on night 4 I looked at Telle and Said "You, Racer, Path and either Ardent or Perdue."

I HAD them. and they knew it, which is why they busted me on night 3.

I knew I was being a little too open with my comments. I was desperately trying to drop hinst to get people I had contacted to follow my votes each night but I assume like you, people weren't sure on my reads.

As for exactly HOW I knew? I don't even truly know, I honestly followed my instincts this game right from the get go and for a change I was spot on.

The biggest thing that turned the tide of this game was the night I was killed, we had the early ending and my +3 points of votes on Telle weren't allowed because my PM was posted 3 minutes too late.

I have little doubt with the way that vote happened that if I'd put in that order 3 minutes sooner, Telle would have been lynched on night 3 and the gamewould have ended much sooner.

It was SO frustrating watching you guys fumble and bumble back and forth like a ship with no rudder for 3 days =)

GREAT game Alan. I lovethe rule set and can only hope my games ever come up to 50% of the quality this one did. Truly well well thought out and balanced.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:02 PM   #2496
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

fumbling and bumbling was fun though
Old 10-30-2007, 11:25 PM   #2497
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I was exhausted after this game. Ugh.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:08 AM   #2498
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I actually had it set in my mind that Chief Rum was bad just about before he turned into stone.

He flubbed his reveal.

Hecatonchires
----
Briareus (The Vigorous)
Cottus (The furious)
Gyes (The Big limbed)

Hecatonchires were the classification of giants... the names underneath would be the name of the giant he should have revealed as. I thought he was a Titan.

But then DT came out and said he was probably Medusa, so I went with the one guy who was basically with me every step of the way the entire game.

Umm, Neon, I came out as Briareus. Check it out.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:15 AM   #2499
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Question:

Why did Chief Rum sell Racer up the river? Or was that a gross mistake of him not knowing who Racer was?

Calculated risk. I did not know who the Titans were, but I did know what Titan roles were in the game. Racer came out against AE claiming Odysseus. I, of course, knew Odysseus wasn't in the game. I also already knew that Telle had lied about her role, as Aclepius wasn't in the game.

I decided that RA and ardent wouldn't make a Titan vs Titan false reveal like that. I was wrong. I think that was a mistake on their part, actually, to fake reveal the same name. From my perspective, I thought Racer had to be an Olympian (probably Poseidon) faking his reveal after AE came up a Titan.

So I thought calling out Racer might nab Poseidon. And if worst case scenario happens (Racer is a Titan), then I gain some trust. But I thought it was a low possibility. Little did I know...Racer/AE, why did you guys make that move?

I spent a lot of the last couple days trying to decide if Neon might be doign a good job hiding as a Titan (meaning Telle was Poseidon in hiding), but generally leaned to Telle being the last Titan.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:24 AM   #2500
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So basically I screwed up in that I didn't think you guys would make such a ballsy move like that, both claiming the same role. I was trying to not only find Titans, but also Poseidon. And I thought it was too bold a move what Racer and AE did. Like I said, I took a calculated risk that I felt was a logically strong move, but it turned out bad because I underestimated how ballsy AE and Racer would play that.