Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-16-2007, 01:54 PM   #2451
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm doing the best I can. This is far and away the most difficult game I've run yet.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:12 PM   #2452
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

I'm doing the best I can. This is far and away the most difficult game I've run yet.

I think you've done a good job so far, I think this would be a tough game to run... Although you do have me reviewing my ruleset for my upcoming game to make sure I'm not going to drive myself crazy........
Old 04-16-2007, 02:40 PM   #2453
Lorena
Unregistered

I just woke up and need to get some stuff done so I'm gonna post and take off for a few. I won the services of Ardent Enthusiast and apparently I'm still able to scan someone. If anyone can throw some names out I'd appreciate it.

I'll be back and comment some more.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:42 PM   #2454
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
As I've stated elsewhere, I don't suspect Dodgerchick. The rest of this list though seem worthy of suspicion. If no one has evidence or a scan on any of these, we will have to find some way to pick from them.

I'm trying to catch up. Has Ironhead chosen an arrest suspect yet?

I thought you had thought Pass was not a traitor a few days ago?

I still am not sure if DC's messages are more and act or serious.. I tend to think serious but.. who knows.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:51 PM   #2455
Autumn
Head Coach

So, we need to make a decision on a scan and an arrest. I'm open to people's thoughts. I'll take a look through the posts and think about it myself.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:55 PM   #2456
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I wouldn't say I thought he wasn't a traitor. But I didn't see any evidence, especially with teh player turnover just around then. It seemed worth giving some more time. I'll have to go back and look, but you're right that at the moment I don't have any damning evidence there other than the likelihood of there having been a rich traitor.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:02 PM   #2457
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
So, we need to make a decision on a scan and an arrest. I'm open to people's thoughts. I'll take a look through the posts and think about it myself.

Torgo. Still.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:28 PM   #2458
path12
Coordinator

My candidates for a scan would be the consuls and tribune. If they're bad we're screwed.

Current candidates for arrest would be Tyrith and CW (I don't understand the lawyer capability that Ironhead pointed out yet).
Old 04-16-2007, 03:33 PM   #2459
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
My candidates for a scan would be the consuls and tribune. If they're bad we're screwed.

Current candidates for arrest would be Tyrith and CW (I don't understand the lawyer capability that Ironhead pointed out yet).

Essentially, if you have the lawyer hired, you can appoint him as lawyer of the Senate and use him to prosecute instead of defense a traitor.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:34 PM   #2460
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I just woke up and need to get some stuff done so I'm gonna post and take off for a few. I won the services of Ardent Enthusiast and apparently I'm still able to scan someone. If anyone can throw some names out I'd appreciate it.

I'll be back and comment some more.

I suggest scanning Ardent and Kwhit or maybe CR. kwhit has been MIA and we need him on board to make the CR plan work, he is too rich. Ardent also being so rich and as the lawyer. CR because if he has the strongest good feel, so maybe just to try and make sure he is not bad. I don't know, I would probably go with Ardent. If Kwhit does not show up by deadline, I would go there.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #2461
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Actually DC, are you saying that you have a scan left over from yesterday? Or is is something that must be used at deadline today?
Old 04-16-2007, 03:37 PM   #2462
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Essentially, if you have the lawyer hired, you can appoint him as lawyer of the Senate and use him to prosecute instead of defense a traitor.

Jesus, how bad is it that it's day seven and I don't understand how every role works yet.

I had been under the belief that if the lawyer is hired that you said he could not both scan and defend in the same turn and someone else (don't have time to look it up right now) said that they hired the lawyer and they could do both. Which is the main basis of my suspicion toward you because up to now I've leaned towards you being good.

Am I wrong in my understanding? Also, if I understand what you're saying above, a lawyer can prosecute OR defend depending on who hired him? So a Tarq would be interested in hiring the lawyer in order to prosecute an innocent person in jail?
Old 04-16-2007, 03:42 PM   #2463
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I had been under the belief that if the lawyer is hired that you said he could not both scan and defend in the same turn and someone else (don't have time to look it up right now) said that they hired the lawyer and they could do both. Which is the main basis of my suspicion toward you because up to now I've leaned towards you being good.

To recap on how the lawyer worked when I had him (and bear in mind, I was in jail the day I had him)

- May use to defend yourself at the prison trial.
- May use in pending lawsuits.
- Will get 1 scan of person.

OR

- May appoint for the Senate and prosecute instead of defend.
- Will get 1 scan of person

From what I understand, the italicized part is the point of contention. Anxiety said it was an either/or on that part. That part was not clarified to me when I had the lawyer, and I didn't bother asking, 'cause obviously I wasn't gonna prosecute myself.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:45 PM   #2464
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
To recap on how the lawyer worked when I had him (and bear in mind, I was in jail the day I had him)

OR

From what I understand, the italicized part is the point of contention. Anxiety said it was an either/or on that part. That part was not clarified to me when I had the lawyer, and I didn't bother asking, 'cause obviously I wasn't gonna prosecute myself.
So, she should be able to defend herself with the lawyer and get a scan as well as use the lawyer in pending law suits. Right?
Old 04-16-2007, 03:46 PM   #2465
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I was able to do that, yes. I see no reason why she couldn't do that.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #2466
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Actually DC, are you saying that you have a scan left over from yesterday? Or is is something that must be used at deadline today?

Yes, due today.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:03 PM   #2467
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Vote Both Innocent

Basketball game tonight, not gonna be around.

I still think DT and AE are our traitors. Likely there's at least one more left aside from those two, but I've said I don't trust them from early on, and I still don't. Dodgerchick... I'm just not sure. Not gonna go along with the pack on this one. Barkeep, I still think highly of, and believe he was simply a victim of horrible timing/luck.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:12 PM   #2468
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:

OR

I had to re-read my PM. The first time I got Ardent (who was #2 at the time), I could have prosecuted Coffee Warlord on behalf of the senate or had someone scanned. I chose not to prosecute Coffee Warlord and decided to have Ardent investigate AlanT.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:14 PM   #2469
Lorena
Unregistered

So basically what CW is saying is right, except I'm not sure about the use in pending lawsuits because if that was the case, I should have won my lawsuit against Imthecrew because I had Ardent at the time.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:16 PM   #2470
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Vote Both Innocent

Basketball game tonight, not gonna be around.

I still think DT and AE are our traitors. Likely there's at least one more left aside from those two, but I've said I don't trust them from early on, and I still don't. Dodgerchick... I'm just not sure. Not gonna go along with the pack on this one. Barkeep, I still think highly of, and believe he was simply a victim of horrible timing/luck.

I don't think you can vote innocent for both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
PRIMER:

Today Senators must vote to execute either Barkeepus Valerius of Dodgeus Erchickus.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:17 PM   #2471
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Blegh.

Lesser of two evils, then.

Vote Execute Dodgerus Chickus

Sorry DC, I trust Barkeep more than I trust you.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:20 PM   #2472
Lorena
Unregistered

I swear the more I read this the more I'm wondering if there are no Tarqs... I mean what IF the whole purpose of this game is to become the wealthiest person/s in the Republic.

Dunno I'm so confused
Old 04-16-2007, 04:40 PM   #2473
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, I'm wiating to hear from Ironus Headus about what Senator he plans to arrest tonight, or at least a list so I can make sure we don't duplicate.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:43 PM   #2474
Lorena
Unregistered

Dang I just can't keep up. It's work, sleep, kids, and housework, not much else... no more ww games while I'm employed I just can't hack it all. It's almost stressful to play and it shouldn't because it's just a game. But on a personal note, we have to get our son evaluated for autism so that has been on my mind as well and that's why I've been overly sensitive.

Anyway, I guess I need to vote. Obviously I'm gonna vote myself innocent but if I understand the rules, then by hiring Ardent then I should be able to be a free woman... err, man I guess.

vote dodgerchick innocent
vote bk guilty

Can I sue while in jail I don't even know... if someone can answer that I'd appreciate it. I'm off for a few hours.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:46 PM   #2475
Ironhead
College Prospect

Autumn - I just got home from work. Going to grab something to eat while scanning through what I have missed.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:47 PM   #2476
Tyrith
College Starter

Like CW, I really, really hate this choice. DC just seems to be acting like DC. BK doesn't really have any evidence against him....aw, damnit.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:47 PM   #2477
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Vote Both Innocent

I still think...AE are our traitors.

Wanna bet?
Old 04-16-2007, 04:50 PM   #2478
Poli
FOFC Survivor

DC, would you scan Kwhit? Blast, she's already gone.

I'm finding it strangely suspicious Kwhit is nowhere to be found at a critical point. I know he visited another board earlier today.

Not that I'm stalking or metagaming, I'm just saying...
Old 04-16-2007, 04:53 PM   #2479
Barkeep49
Coordinator

[quote=Autumn;1443942
Pretending to use the lawyer, but actually bidding on other services would be a devious traitor route to go, certainly. But if so, why scan and confirm loyalty for three people who actually are loyal? Woudln't it be much smarter to cast doubt on some loyal people and confuse us, or confirm some traitors as loyal? That seems too ridiculous a move by a wolf to believe.
[/QUOTE]
Every wolf can act as the seer since they know who the other bad guys are. Giving out information clearing others builds trust from those others since they know that they are indeed innocent. I think you'll find many veterans having used this ploy in the past, I know I have, when wolves. DC might not be an experienced wolf, but she is an experienced player. When I started playing I was a wolf nearly every time. When I started becoming a villager, my play was still very wolfish leading me to get killed early on in a lot of games. I see no reason to think that her first time as a wolf wouldn't be very close to how she is as a villager, considering all of her villager experience.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:53 PM   #2480
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

If reports are to be believed, we've scanned KWhit TWICE now.

Clear someone else.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:53 PM   #2481
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Working a conspiracy theory angle, this could make kwhit, anxiety, and CW all look bad.

They've all vouched for each other.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:53 PM   #2482
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I swear the more I read this the more I'm wondering if there are no Tarqs... I mean what IF the whole purpose of this game is to become the wealthiest person/s in the Republic.

Dunno I'm so confused

I actually think the fact that we never had a publicly announced victory condition lends some credence to the idea that killing all of the Tarqs isn't the real victory condition and is perhaps indeed something to do with money.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:54 PM   #2483
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
If reports are to be believed, we've scanned KWhit TWICE now.

Clear someone else.
Right, and at this point in my conspiracy theory I'm not sure I believe either of you.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:58 PM   #2484
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Like CW, I really, really hate this choice. DC just seems to be acting like DC. BK doesn't really have any evidence against him....aw, damnit.
I agree the mechanics of the game are unfortunate. It was why I was hoping Peregrine, who hasn't even been around today, would rethink his choice to arrest me.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:59 PM   #2485
Tyrith
College Starter

VOTE EXECUTE DC

At this point, she seems stressed enough that she could have had that kind of an outburst and not necessarily be good. Really...the lesser of two evils, but I can't let me out of game feelings interfere with what I feel is more likely to be the correct choice right now.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:59 PM   #2486
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Not that I'm stalking or metagaming, I'm just saying...

Stalker.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:59 PM   #2487
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Every wolf can act as the seer since they know who the other bad guys are. Giving out information clearing others builds trust from those others since they know that they are indeed innocent. I think you'll find many veterans having used this ploy in the past, I know I have, when wolves. DC might not be an experienced wolf, but she is an experienced player. When I started playing I was a wolf nearly every time. When I started becoming a villager, my play was still very wolfish leading me to get killed early on in a lot of games. I see no reason to think that her first time as a wolf wouldn't be very close to how she is as a villager, considering all of her villager experience.

I understand using that deception to build trust. But it seems this would be taking it excessively far. Why give an accurate read on three people? Seems like a huge wasted opportunity to create some confusion or dissent.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:59 PM   #2488
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA -- This is a case where one candidate is better than none. If we have just one person we're able to more easily free or kill that person. In this way we're forced to kill and free someone. This was not how I anticipated the dynamic playing out.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:01 PM   #2489
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I agree the mechanics of the game are unfortunate. It was why I was hoping Peregrine, who hasn't even been around today, would rethink his choice to arrest me.

I believe that Senator Peregrinus was poisoned in his sleep last night, didn't you hear?
Old 04-16-2007, 05:01 PM   #2490
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Wow was my dola interrupted.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:01 PM   #2491
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I believe that Senator Peregrinus was poisoned in his sleep last night, didn't you hear?
Oh yeah. Forgot. I maintain the idea though that he hasn't been around . You've just kind of excused his absence.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:02 PM   #2492
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Autumn and Ironhead:

I hope you've read what I've posted in the last few minutes. I think I *might* be on to something here.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:03 PM   #2493
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I understand using that deception to build trust. But it seems this would be taking it excessively far. Why give an accurate read on three people? Seems like a huge wasted opportunity to create some confusion or dissent.
Except look at the confusion and dissent we have. Being honest, while undermining the villagers cause (by not taking out of play some of the more powerful bad guy powers) seems like a great way to build trust. I mean doesn't it figure that one of the richest people to start with was a bad guy?
Old 04-16-2007, 05:03 PM   #2494
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Oh yeah. Forgot. I maintain the idea though that he hasn't been around . You've just kind of excused his absence.

He can take blame from beyond the grave.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:04 PM   #2495
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I should add while I felt real good about DC as a bad guy at the start of the day my enthusiasm for her has waned, but I still think a better case can be made for her being a bad guy than me (obviously).
Old 04-16-2007, 05:07 PM   #2496
Autumn
Head Coach

I agree, Ardentus. Those three have created a bit of a self-congratulatory circle there, and if one of them is not to be trusted we have to worry about all of them.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:09 PM   #2497
Poli
FOFC Survivor

To me, it just seems like Kwhit had an important role in what had to happen yesterday, and he hasn't shown to report it.

I could understand if he had something keeping him from coming in, but I just happened to see him at the MP FOF league forums. I wasn't looking for him specifically, as I had MP leagues on my mind at the time, but found it odd to see him there and not here.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:10 PM   #2498
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm going to go eat. I'll be after that to check in.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:10 PM   #2499
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Looking at the last time he's logged in, he had an opportunity to let us know then as well.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:11 PM   #2500
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I agree, Ardentus. Those three have created a bit of a self-congratulatory circle there, and if one of them is not to be trusted we have to worry about all of them.

Yeah, but doesn't there have to be a point if someone is cleared twice we need to just accept that and try and get a read on someone else? If we're not going to trust the scan results the only way we're gonna clear anyone is after they're thrown off the friggin' rock.

I'm for clearing different people, whatever that's worth. I do not see how multiple scans help us.