Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-24-2015, 03:46 AM   #201
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
That probably undersells it.

Btw, Ben Simmons had his first game vs a big team tonight. Granted, they lost to Marquette by 1, but he put up 21/20/7. Season stat line 19/15/5 plus 1 block, 2 steals, 1.5 turnovers per game and 60% shooting.

I actually saw a stat posted earlier today that Porzingis grabs 26% of defensive rebounds when Lopez is on the court with him and 12% without, but even if that's inflating his current numbers he probably wasn't too far above 12% in Spain last season, so that's still some solid improvement on his part.

Kevin Durant had 27 points in 3 quarters on 10-13 shooting in his first game back in a couple weeks.

Ben Simmons is showing what he can do, but if he made any shots from outside the restricted area today they'd be his first ones of the season. Any team that drafts him to be anything other than the primary ballhandler and facilitator is just going to be getting an A-minus version of Blake Griffin, which is to say a nice player but not necessarily one who would change a team's fortunes single-handedly.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:45 AM   #202
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'm not sure what kind of NBA player Simmons projects to be. I think he's a better shooter than he's shown (he was hitting the three down here with LSU in the offseason against pro/semi-pro teams at an OK clip). It's going to come down to how hard he is willing to work. I'd put his ceiling somewhere between Odom at worst, and LeBron at absolute best.

Just one biased Aussie's opinion, though.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:40 PM   #203
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

So if the Lakers fired Scott tonight and offered the job to Walton, would he take it?
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:41 PM   #204
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
So if the Lakers fired Scott tonight and offered the job to Walton, would he take it?

No, he could assuredly wait until after the season and get the Lakers job. Why wouldn't you choose to be affiliated with an all-time great team for as long as possible?

Also it was very considerate of the Warriors to go to their best lineup in the first half to put the game out of reach as soon as possible.

Last edited by nol : 11-24-2015 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:27 PM   #205
kingfc22
Head Coach

I've loved watching Kobe play all these years, but man he needs to hang them up along with Peyton.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 11-24-2015 at 11:28 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:41 PM   #206
Groundhog
Coordinator

You used to tolerate Kobe's bad long 2s and contested 3s because of everything else he brought to the table. Alas, all he's bringing to the table this year is bad long 2s and contested 3s.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:06 PM   #207
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yeah, so this happened in the Aussie league last night, the player on the ground is Celtics 2nd rounder Marcus Thornton:

Old 11-26-2015, 02:10 AM   #208
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I admit to having no idea what the Pistons will look like by year's end. Other than Drummond iz da truth, it seems they could lose to Philly at home or beat almost anybody on the road depending on what kind of game it is for them. At least they are interesting for one, but it is still frustrating to root for them.

Probably I'm still spoiled by the Spurs, who have a long way to go on figuring out their offense this year but definitely a good start.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 06:11 AM   #209
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Yeah, so this happened in the Aussie league last night, the player on the ground is Celtics 2nd rounder Marcus Thornton:

Ahh yes, that reaction from the wife is priceless.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 02:51 PM   #210
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Well looks like the Sixers could be minus a player...

NBA's Jahlil Okafor -- STREET FIGHT ... KO's Man In Boston | Celebrity Videos | TMZ.com

But in case you were wondering, he's got money(throw in racial epithet)
Old 11-26-2015, 03:56 PM   #211
Groundhog
Coordinator

Being heckled coming out of bars for playing for the Sixers, combined with that video of Okafor slumping his way out of the arena after a game, I'm guessing the NBA experience hasn't been all that Okafor hoped it would be.

#freeokafor
Old 11-26-2015, 05:29 PM   #212
whomario
Pro Starter

As much as i sympathize with his situation as far as the court and immediate surroundings go, this is pretty close to inexcusable. Its not like he´s involved in a little shuffle, or reacted to being attacked, he sized that idiot up and then deliberately knocked him out cold (after delivering the classic "do you know how much money i make" line).
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 11-26-2015 at 05:34 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 07:34 PM   #213
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'm not excusing him, believe me. He will and should face some steep penalties from this. No matter what prompts it, you have to be smarter and not put yourself in those types of position. He said some dumb shit, but hey, he's 19 and probably actually cares that he is playing on a POS team.

My point is that this is the side of the rebuild that doesn't get talked about as much... Sixers finally, after how many years, get a guy who looks like an actual piece in the lottery, 19 years old and used to winning, and then throw him into a situation where he is playing on a laughing stock of a squad that is about to break the record for futility re: lost games in a row dating back to last season, with teammates and probably a coach who will be jettisoned as soon as the team decides it's time to start trying to win games.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:37 PM   #214
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Im fairly sure Okafor has lost more games in this streak than he'd lost in the entirety of his grade school/Jr High/HS career combined.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 02:41 AM   #215
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm not excusing him, believe me. He will and should face some steep penalties from this. No matter what prompts it, you have to be smarter and not put yourself in those types of position. He said some dumb shit, but hey, he's 19 and probably actually cares that he is playing on a POS team.

My point is that this is the side of the rebuild that doesn't get talked about as much... Sixers finally, after how many years, get a guy who looks like an actual piece in the lottery, 19 years old and used to winning, and then throw him into a situation where he is playing on a laughing stock of a squad that is about to break the record for futility re: lost games in a row dating back to last season, with teammates and probably a coach who will be jettisoned as soon as the team decides it's time to start trying to win games.

Thats of course pretty much in point. Think i said similar things before, it is definitely not a healthy situation. You can cuddle the players as much as you want and provide the best staff and everything, but sports teams and their character get shaped mostly internally and thats where veterans play a huge role.

And again, i cant imagine other players not noticing this from the outside. No one will want to go there at this point, especially the next 2 offseasons where everybody has cap space. IMO this extreme tanking has reached critical mass.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 11-27-2015, 08:23 PM   #216
Groundhog
Coordinator

Cavaliers offense just goes to trash when they fall into these stretches of doing nothing but have LeBron come off high screens and drive into traffic.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:44 PM   #217
Groundhog
Coordinator

Haven't seen a lot of Heat games this season, but watching Winslow D up on Carmelo Anthony in the post... wow. Hard to believe he's a rookie, let alone a 19 year old rookie.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:41 AM   #218
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Haven't seen a lot of Heat games this season, but watching Winslow D up on Carmelo Anthony in the post... wow. Hard to believe he's a rookie, let alone a 19 year old rookie.

He really has been a pleasure to watch especially with the low expectations I have for Heat draft picks. He may already be the team's best draft pick since Wade.

I did not get a chance to watch the GS-PHX game last night but I listen to it on Sirius with the Phoenix broadcast team. They were killing the refs for biased officiating for the Warriors. I know that this is generally the case for hometown announcers throughout the league against any team but this felt the way people reacted to the Heat getting calls in the 2010-2011 season. It was a stark contrast to the general love the Warriors get overall.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 11-28-2015, 11:05 AM   #219
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Actually the first game all year I haven't been able to watch, so I can't comment on this game particularly, but it seems as if the Warriors (and Curry in particular) actually get fewer calls than you'd expect for an elite team. That being said, the Warriors run a LOT of screens (the weave offense is predicated on them), and comparisons to the Seahawks and how they could be called for pass interference on every play aren't far off the mark with regard to illegal (moving) screens from the Warriors.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:46 PM   #220
miami_fan
Coordinator

Dear Basketball | The Players' Tribune

Quote:
Dear Basketball,

From the moment
I started rolling my dad’s tube socks
And shooting imaginary
Game-winning shots
In the Great Western Forum
I knew one thing was real:

I fell in love with you.

A love so deep I gave you my all —
From my mind & body
To my spirit & soul.

As a six-year-old boy
Deeply in love with you
I never saw the end of the tunnel.
I only saw myself
Running out of one.

And so I ran.
I ran up and down every court
After every loose ball for you.
You asked for my hustle
I gave you my heart
Because it came with so much more.

I played through the sweat and hurt
Not because challenge called me
But because YOU called me.
I did everything for YOU
Because that’s what you do
When someone makes you feel as
Alive as you’ve made me feel.

You gave a six-year-old boy his Laker dream
And I’ll always love you for it.
But I can’t love you obsessively for much longer.
This season is all I have left to give.
My heart can take the pounding
My mind can handle the grind
But my body knows it’s time to say goodbye.

And that’s OK.
I’m ready to let you go.
I want you to know now
So we both can savor every moment we have left together.
The good and the bad.
We have given each other
All that we have.

And we both know, no matter what I do next
I’ll always be that kid
With the rolled up socks
Garbage can in the corner
:05 seconds on the clock
Ball in my hands.
5 … 4 … 3 … 2 … 1

Love you always,
Kobe
Old 11-30-2015, 12:54 AM   #221
wustin
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Actually the first game all year I haven't been able to watch, so I can't comment on this game particularly, but it seems as if the Warriors (and Curry in particular) actually get fewer calls than you'd expect for an elite team. That being said, the Warriors run a LOT of screens (the weave offense is predicated on them), and comparisons to the Seahawks and how they could be called for pass interference on every play aren't far off the mark with regard to illegal (moving) screens from the Warriors.

Every team uses moving screens, they're pretty much legal. It looks exacerbated with the warriors because they base their offense around them while most other NBA teams will usually run standard dribble drive/iso.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:29 AM   #222
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wustin View Post
Every team uses moving screens, they're pretty much legal. It looks exacerbated with the warriors because they base their offense around them while most other NBA teams will usually run standard dribble drive/iso.

Does "pretty much legal" = "don't get called," or am I missing something? I don't mean to be snarky, I just think it's a fair distinction.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:51 AM   #223
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Hahaha.

Kobe hits the three.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 11-30-2015 at 02:51 AM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:07 AM   #224
Groundhog
Coordinator

Like all things in basketball, teams that do it all the time get away with it most the time.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:22 AM   #225
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Does "pretty much legal" = "don't get called," or am I missing something? I don't mean to be snarky, I just think it's a fair distinction.

Yeah pretty much. I'm pretty much a Duncan homer, but this and the bug-eyed 'who, me?' stare at the ref are quite valid reasons to be annoyed. To me it's like how Karl Malone used to get 'tossed to the ground' by a six-foot guard underneath the basket, or slap at other post players hands/arms all the time. Duncan's a good example of a player who gets called for it once in a while, but gets away with a ton of 'not-even-close-to-stationary' picks.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 11-30-2015 at 05:22 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:54 AM   #226
nol
Banned

Don't think the Warriors get away with moving screens any more or less than the next team. They just prove how important switching on defense is to mitigating the advantage gained from a possible illegal screen, both through their own defensive effectiveness and their ability to put enough shooters/playmakers on the floor to punish switches from anywhere.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:22 PM   #227
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Yeah pretty much. I'm pretty much a Duncan homer, but this and the bug-eyed 'who, me?' stare at the ref are quite valid reasons to be annoyed. To me it's like how Karl Malone used to get 'tossed to the ground' by a six-foot guard underneath the basket, or slap at other post players hands/arms all the time. Duncan's a good example of a player who gets called for it once in a while, but gets away with a ton of 'not-even-close-to-stationary' picks.
KG was another. Boston ran a very static offense in the Big 3 era, and 90% of possessions would start with a very high pick and roll by KG where he would at least shoulder bump the guy, and usually extend his arms fully to guide the guy away/get a little grab of the arm in, and it was all so blatantly illegal but extremely rarely called.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #228
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

I must love the nba because there is no way I watch two teams this bad if it was the NFL. Kobe looks like a guy playing madden who refuses to punt on 4th and 29 every single drive.

If Byron puts him back in the game down 8, they are trying to lose.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:59 PM   #229
Groundhog
Coordinator

Another feather in Kobe's cap: lose to the worst team in the history of the NBA.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #230
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

But he had 20 points. That means he's good, right?
Old 12-01-2015, 10:46 PM   #231
wustin
College Prospect

pretty pathetic

Old 12-01-2015, 11:00 PM   #232
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
If Byron puts him back in the game down 8, they are trying to lose.
It took me a long time to accept it too, but Byron Scott actually believes playing Kobe is their best chance at winning. In unrelated info, Byron Scott is paid $4.25 million per year to coach.

Other interesting tidbit today - everyone knows about the Celtics huge offer to Charlotte for the #9 pick (and Justise Winslow)... Well apparently that's only half of it - we were initially planning on flipping that #9 pick and #15 to the Knicks for #4 (to still draft Winslow). Doesn't mean the Knicks would've taken it, but from the quotes it certainly appears they were considering it. Just shows that even the Knicks didn't know what they had at the time in Godzingis.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:32 AM   #233
nol
Banned

Old 12-02-2015, 10:40 AM   #234
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Christmas comes early as a 2nd Okafor fight video is released. At least we know Jahlil is the one who starts the fight now.

Jahlil Okafor Fight -- 2ND FIGHT IN BOSTON (Video) | TMZ.com

Someone may wanna change this banner in their arena...

Last edited by murrayyyyy : 12-02-2015 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:04 PM   #235
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post

you could also do this with Deandre Jordans FT%, who went 12-34 the other night. And i can only reiterate that this excessive fouling away from the ball has nothing to do with Basketball anymore. Sure, hard to blame the other team trying to win. But i sure as heck think the rule as is, is pretty stupid and lacks logic. Its basically a loophole.
The equivalent would be a team having the magic power to make any player shoot a 3 when they want or the magic ability to prevent the other team from switching up matchups based on defensive ability.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:11 PM   #236
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
you could also do this with Deandre Jordans FT%, who went 12-34 the other night. And i can only reiterate that this excessive fouling away from the ball has nothing to do with Basketball anymore. Sure, hard to blame the other team trying to win. But i sure as heck think the rule as is, is pretty stupid and lacks logic. Its basically a loophole.
The equivalent would be a team having the magic power to make any player shoot a 3 when they want or the magic ability to prevent the other team from switching up matchups based on defensive ability.

One rule I wish they would take from Europe. Aren't they allowed to take the ball out instead of going to the line there? Or at least any time a team is in the bonus give them the option. I think the game would flow better if this was the case.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:15 PM   #237
bhlloy
Coordinator

The one thing I will never understand about basketball is there is an intentional foul rule on the book that doesn't actually apply if you intentionally foul somebody. And the absurdity of the last minute of a close game is probably the biggest reason I'm not more than a casual fan. See a thrilling game winning shot... if you can watch through the five minutes of players getting hacked and shooting free throws to get there.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:32 PM   #238
nol
Banned

Quote:
you could also do this with Deandre Jordans FT%, who went 12-34 the other night. And i can only reiterate that this excessive fouling away from the ball has nothing to do with Basketball anymore. Sure, hard to blame the other team trying to win.

No, that's not as much of a challenge because DJ's free throw percentage is about 10 points higher than Kobe's field goal percentage.

As I've said several times before it only appears to be a winning strategy when you don't go all the way into the math. The Clippers got to play a defensive lineup and set their defense every time, so the Blazers scored 7 points on possessions following intentional fouls. It's the equivalent of losing in an online game and repeatedly stalling and pausing the game in the hopes that your opponent disconnects.

As far as sub-optimal strategies that could be executed 15-20 times per game, having players go out of their way to try to get the other team's best players in foul trouble or incite a technical foul/ejection would be more of a winning proposition than putting a bad free throw shooter at the line 30+ times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
The one thing I will never understand about basketball is there is an intentional foul rule on the book that doesn't actually apply if you intentionally foul somebody. And the absurdity of the last minute of a close game is probably the biggest reason I'm not more than a casual fan. See a thrilling game winning shot... if you can watch through the five minutes of players getting hacked and shooting free throws to get there.

First, a foul away from the ball can occur anywhere on the court and be non-intentional. If that becomes called, teams are just going to make it look more like a regular foul. This already happens; in the Clippers-Pistons game a week or so ago, Andre Drummond was setting a pick in the last minute and the Clippers got super handsy in trying to fight through the pick. That was absolutely decided in the huddle beforehand, but it's a normal basketball play that can happen at any time, so it was just 2 shots for Drummond. I'd rather have teams be able to passively wrap someone up to foul them than force them to commit a "legitimate" looking foul as the latter is just asking for cheap shots.

Second, the flip side of intentionally fouling at the end of games is that this isn't college basketball where players can't handle full-court pressure, so pretty much every two-possession game would be over with a minute remaining. That would cut down on the number of buzzer-beaters as well, and you'd still have the aforementioned unintentional-looking intentional fouling. I don't think going to the replay center to try determining the intent of a foul would improve the flow of the game.

Last edited by nol : 12-02-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:42 PM   #239
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Nhaving players go out of their way to try to get the other team's best players in foul trouble

This is my go-to hacky strategy in NBA 2k16 when I really want to win a game FWIW. 10 drives to the basket against their star player, see ya later
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:17 PM   #240
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
As I've said several times before it only appears to be a winning strategy when you don't go all the way into the math. The Clippers got to play a defensive lineup and set their defense every time, so the Blazers scored 7 points on possessions following intentional fouls. It's the equivalent of losing in an online game and repeatedly stalling and pausing the game in the hopes that your opponent disconnects.

As far as sub-optimal strategies that could be executed 15-20 times per game, having players go out of their way to try to get the other team's best players in foul trouble or incite a technical foul/ejection would be more of a winning proposition than putting a bad free throw shooter at the line 30+ times.

First, a foul away from the ball can occur anywhere on the court and be non-intentional. If that becomes called, teams are just going to make it look more like a regular foul. This already happens; in the Clippers-Pistons game a week or so ago, Andre Drummond was setting a pick in the last minute and the Clippers got super handsy in trying to fight through the pick. That was absolutely decided in the huddle beforehand, but it's a normal basketball play that can happen at any time, so it was just 2 shots for Drummond. I'd rather have teams be able to passively wrap someone up to foul them than force them to commit a "legitimate" looking foul as the latter is just asking for cheap shots.

Second, the flip side of intentionally fouling at the end of games is that this isn't college basketball where players can't handle full-court pressure, so pretty much every two-possession game would be over with a minute remaining. That would cut down on the number of buzzer-beaters as well, and you'd still have the aforementioned unintentional-looking intentional fouling. I don't think going to the replay center to try determining the intent of a foul would improve the flow of the game.
Now, I do think it has a place under the current rules. A smart coach could use it basically as an extra timeout when the Clippers get momentum going (which has been done), or to steal a couple extra real-time minutes of rest for a star player (which I don't think has been done.)

The Drummond part is what makes it weird. Here's a guy who's 75% of Detroit's offense between the P&R with Jackson and putbacks, and actually shoots worse than DeAndre over his career yet somehow he just went through a 5 game stretch last week where he averaged over 13 FGA per game but never shot more than 4 FT's in any one of them. Maybe they're just saving it for later if Detroit becomes a real playoff contender, but no Eastern Conference teams have tried to hack him yet (a couple Western Conference teams have, most notably Houston putting him on the line for a 4-18 performance last time out.) Or maybe they're just trying other weird stuff - Washington basically played 3v2 vs that pick and roll with Beal & Wall basically taking Jackson if he went to their side and the big not even hedging off Drummond.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:47 PM   #241
nol
Banned

Quote:
Now, I do think it has a place under the current rules. A smart coach could use it basically as an extra timeout when the Clippers get momentum going (which has been done), or to steal a couple extra real-time minutes of rest for a star player (which I don't think has been done.)

Because allowing both teams' top 5 players to play more of the game is the last thing any team would want to do against the Clippers. I'd be willing to suffer whatever a lack of momentum would entail in exchange for the free net points the Clippers receive when Hack-a-DJ is employed.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:45 AM   #242
whomario
Pro Starter

Curry with a 28 point quarter, including 3 straight 3s in the last minute, where each was totally ridiculous in some way). Warriors still unbeaten. I know there were longer win streaks, but doing it to start the season does somehow feel more impressive.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:53 AM   #243
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Curry with a 28 point quarter, including 3 straight 3s in the last minute, where each was totally ridiculous in some way). Warriors still unbeaten. I know there were longer win streaks, but doing it to start the season does somehow feel more impressive.

One more to beat the Maroons! http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...aroons-20-wins
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 10:04 AM   #244
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
It took me a long time to accept it too, but Byron Scott actually believes playing Kobe is their best chance at winning. In unrelated info, Byron Scott is paid $4.25 million per year to coach.

I actually appreciate the Lakers for not hiring an up and coming coach to preside over this circus.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:39 PM   #245
wustin
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I actually appreciate the Lakers for not hiring an up and coming coach to preside over this circus.

$5 says Lakers fire Scott and hire Walton for next season.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:53 PM   #246
miami_fan
Coordinator

Well that was a fun game between the Heat and the Thunder.

The Heat really need to figure out how to get back the Dragic from last year. I would prefer to save these type of games from Wade for April and May.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:01 PM   #247
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wustin View Post
$5 says Lakers fire Scott and hire Walton for next season.

I don't know if it will be Walton but whoever is the next Laker coach will need to bring the Men In Black neuralyzer with them to wipe clean 2015-16 season.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:21 PM   #248
whomario
Pro Starter

Lowry and Curry with a great shootout. Warriors now 21-0. Propably not even he can sustain that all season and will likely sit a few games out at some point, but Curry is en route for an absolutely historic season. Heck, he is on pace for 400 (!) made 3s.
And even as a stretch (of 21 games, so 1/4 a season) its just insane. 32.5 PPG in 34 MPG, shooting 53% from the field and 46% from deep. (94% from the line on 6+ attempts per game as well).

The Spurs meanwhile are also en route to another 60+ win season, even with Aldridge having a bad season (not just surface-stats, hes still really struggling). Kawhi has become a legitimate 2-way star, i would never have expected him to become quite this good.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:48 PM   #249
wustin
College Prospect

Curry is the shoe in to win MVP again but it's gonna be him vs Kawhi for the award. Perhaps Westbrook if OKC ever stops playing like crap.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:47 PM   #250
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Austin Rivers? Is he only in the league because of Doc? Or does he play some impressive defense that keeps him around? Because he is awful on offense.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote