Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #201
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Alabama (and SEC fans) are such poor losers. You think that because they win enough, they could lose graciously, but no.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:10 PM   #202
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
What exactly is your argument with the schedules? They look very similar to me, FWIW. Though, true, Alabama had the "better" loss - but then you have the aspect of a rematch. One could have easily argued Alabama had their one chance (at home no less). The fact that Alabama won doesn't particularly diminish that, as IMO if you played Alabama-Auburn this year 10 times in a row that Alabama would have won at least 7 of those times.

I am confused by this. What are you saying? Who do you think should be in the National Championship game?

You are admitting that results can be fluky at the end of your paragraph because of the small sample size of 1 game but on the other hand Alabama had their chance so maybe didnt deserve another one.

I guess I see the people that think results/opportunity should matter the most and on the other side I see the people that realize results are just percentages in a numbers game and that 1 poor result doesnt automatically drastically change everything we previously thought.

So we need to ask ourselves if we want to see the most deserving teams play in the National Championship game or the best teams. Its seems the NCAA cant even decide so it would be hard for anyone else to decide but the way its done now they just randomly combine both situations in which it usually favors the SEC.

There is no where near enough data to reach any conclusions about teams on any given year. The one sport we do get enough data on during the regular season(baseball) they completely disregard it in the playoffs by having short series, extra days off, and a large number of playoff teams.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 01-03-2014 at 04:21 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:23 PM   #203
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Andre Smith isn't the all-star the Bengals had hoped for, but I also don't think he qualifies as a bust.

He is on the verge of a pro bowl appearance if he keeps improving. I was one of the people that hated the pick, but he has acquitted himself well since then, and after stumbling out of the gates with his foot issues his rookie year, he has been a steady performer and playing at a pretty high level. Definitely starting quality, borderline pro bowler.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:35 PM   #204
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
The top teams do also tend to do well in the showcase games Week 1/2, but I do agree with you there -

The SEC is 2-2 in those kickoff showcase games the last two years.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #205
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I am confused by this. What are you saying? Who do you think should be in the National Championship game?

I thought that was obvious, of the two - Oklahoma State.

Quote:
You are admitting that results can be fluky at the end of your paragraph because of the small sample size of 1 game but on the other hand Alabama had their chance so maybe didnt deserve another one.

I guess I see the people that think results/opportunity should matter the most and on the other side I see the people that realize results are just percentages in a numbers game and that 1 poor result doesnt automatically drastically change everything we previously thought.

If we established the idea that the "regular season matters" then regardless of how fluky a game is, it 'matters'.

If we don't care about that idea, then it should be playoffs.

During the BCS era, the former was what was fed, so therefore in that logic, in 2011, it should have been Oklahoma State, IMO.

Quote:
So we need to ask ourselves if we want to see the most deserving teams play in the National Championship game or the best teams. Its seems the NCAA cant even decide so it would be hard for anyone else to decide but the way its done now they just randomly combine both situations in which it usually favors the SEC.

I think you are correct on that. I do think that "best teams" unfairly leans to SEC, however.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #206
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Here is my SEC gripe...and its a small but significant one.
I think the top of the SEC is the best is college football and has been for a few years.

However, the SEC gets elevated undeservedly by the auto hype machine that gets to review employees weekly ranking ballots before they are submitted.

There is no reason for half the top 10 to be SEC teams...when an SEC team loses to 2 SEC teams we hear how great all the SEC is, and how "steel sharpens steel" etc....Only once Mizzou and aTm were invited to the party both quickly rocketed to the top 20% real quick. For years now the SEC has scheduled cupcakes the week before out of conference rival games, finally the ACC among others got on board this year. Then the SEC thumps their chest when they beat their rivals...

Again my argument is not that the SEC isnt the best conference in football, is that the gap is small.

I really wanted to see FSU play Bama because Bama matches up horribly with FSU. That would have been an embarassment game. Auburn matches up much better with FSU, though I still think FSU wins that one but both teams have a punchers chance in the shootout.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:45 PM   #207
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Heh, just saw this on my (decidedly Southern slanted) Facebook wall.

(Thought CU Tiger might get a kick out of that)

Dola...

LOL....a friend of the wife who (coupel hubby is a UGA grad and the Wife is a SC grad) posted
"So conflicted, do we pull for the poison nut Yanks or those Orange bastards..."

I am just glad to be in Florida and not back home where my son says its in the 20s and windy as heck...

Hopefully this one turns out better than the last time I sat here until the bitter end.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:48 PM   #208
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Again my argument is not that the SEC isnt the best conference in football, is that the gap is small.

Having watched a lot of it in recent years I honestly couldn't disagree more.

With my primary loyalty resting in the ACC, that's not something I say without a fair amount of heartburn but it's my honest assessment.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #209
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Here is my SEC gripe...and its a small but significant one.
I think the top of the SEC is the best is college football and has been for a few years.

However, the SEC gets elevated undeservedly by the auto hype machine that gets to review employees weekly ranking ballots before they are submitted.

There is no reason for half the top 10 to be SEC teams...when an SEC team loses to 2 SEC teams we hear how great all the SEC is, and how "steel sharpens steel" etc....Only once Mizzou and aTm were invited to the party both quickly rocketed to the top 20% real quick. For years now the SEC has scheduled cupcakes the week before out of conference rival games, finally the ACC among others got on board this year. Then the SEC thumps their chest when they beat their rivals...

I really wanted to see FSU play Bama because Bama matches up horribly with FSU. That would have been an embarassment game. Auburn matches up much better with FSU, though I still think FSU wins that one but both teams have a punchers chance in the shootout.

2007 Mizzou was similar to this seasons Mizzou in so many ways. Big 12 and SEC Mizzou moved through the rankings exactly the same way. A&M had the best player in college football that tends to get you ranked higher no matter the conference. I've said it many times including this thread that I care zero about SEC honor but get tired of the misuse of A&M and Mizzou when it's convenient to try and win an argument and the bashing when it isn't.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:57 PM   #210
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
If we established the idea that the "regular season matters" then regardless of how fluky a game is, it 'matters'.

If we don't care about that idea, then it should be playoffs.

Regular season can "matter" and you still need a playoff. Let the conferences anoint their champions, then have the champs duke it out in a playoff.

And yes, this would have left Notre Dame out last year - tough, get in a conference already.

You can't tell who the "best" teams are unless they play each other.

My SEC "hate" has 3 sources:

- Unfair treatment in the polls.
- The LSU/Alabama Championship game.
- The "spin" (which fuels #1): LSU / Alabama have a FG-fest, and that means "great defense", not "atrocious offense and special teams". Any other conference and that shows how neither one is fit to hold the SEC's shoes.

Last edited by gstelmack : 01-03-2014 at 04:59 PM.
gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:58 PM   #211
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I feel like the SEC has dropped off considerably this season. This was probably the first year in the last 7 or 8 where it's not really easy to say which conference is the best.

Also, Why is A.J. McCarron the Maxwell award winner? I think it is pretty clear he is a good QB, but Winston and Manziel outplayed him by quite a bit.

FUCK EA
Old 01-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #212
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Also, Why is A.J. McCarron the Maxwell award winner? I think it is pretty clear he is a good QB, but Winston and Manziel outplayed him by quite a bit.

Probably because he didn't accept bribes or rape anyone.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #213
RedKingGold
College Starter

. . . that we know of.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:46 PM   #214
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
Alabama (and SEC fans) are such poor losers. You think that because they win enough, they could lose graciously, but no.

What did I miss? MBBF bashing the B12 again?

Last edited by jbergey22 : 01-03-2014 at 05:46 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:47 PM   #215
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post

Winner.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #216
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

And if by rape you mean allegedly have consensual sex with, while others were in the room watching and possibly video taping and maybe even involving multiple partner swapping....err never mind it was a cover up to keep an athlete on the field.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:08 PM   #217
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
2007 Mizzou was similar to this seasons Mizzou in so many ways. Big 12 and SEC Mizzou moved through the rankings exactly the same way. A&M had the best player in college football that tends to get you ranked higher no matter the conference. I've said it many times including this thread that I care zero about SEC honor but get tired of the misuse of A&M and Mizzou when it's convenient to try and win an argument and the bashing when it isn't.

I am not a Mizzou or aTm fan for sure.
But my point was that both were from the lowly Big 12 and entered the might SEC....rankings be damned but both have held their own in conference play through two years.

BTW I'd submit to you, that were aTm still in the B12 John Football isn't nearly as highly regarded as he currently is and would instead be "a product of playing crappy B12 defenses"

What put JFF on the map was torching Alabama's immovable defense last year...and again this year. When you really look at it, who was the last great QB to come through the SEC? Is it possible those stud D's were statistically SO superior (read that again I am not saying they were good only because, more that they were regarded as so superlative because) they faced very few top flight QBs.

Now if we want to start an entire tangent about how effective the spin machine is here are two other tid bits
ESPN has their "neutral field predictor" bit running all bowl season. When compared to published Vegas lines every game not involving an SEC team was +/- 1.5 of the published line. The closest SEC game was +/- 5.5 to the published line. And interesting enough in every case the ESPN guys "undervalued" the SEC team...You havent heard a whole lot of talking hype of this neutral field predictor but it has scrolled at 1.5x the normal frequency for weeks. Ive also heard internal memos have said not to mention the metric excessively that it would serve a better purpose in "post season analysis"...translated: If the SEC team wins we can make them sound better than they were because they beat teams they werent supposed to and if they lose we have a built in excuse. For Pete's sake they were calling GT a 6.5 point neutral site favorite while Vegas was giving GT 3...wait until the bowl wrap up show you will hear this trumpeted how Ole Miss "upset" GT...

Finally they have even infiltrated the NFL a bit...last draft was the much publicized 63 SEC players selected...a record for a given conference. In fact it s been heavily slanted toward the SEC for a decade...but if we look at players who survive 3 years in the league, well the numbers suddenly shift. I dont have the stats down here with me...but they are available for anyone who wants to do research.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:31 PM   #218
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
But my point was that both were from the lowly Big 12 and entered the might SEC....rankings be damned but both have held their own in conference play through two years.

BTW I'd submit to you, that were aTm still in the B12 John Football isn't nearly as highly regarded as he currently is and would instead be "a product of playing crappy B12 defenses"

What put JFF on the map was torching Alabama's immovable defense last year...and again this year. When you really look at it, who was the last great QB to come through the SEC? Is it possible those stud D's were statistically SO superior (read that again I am not saying they were good only because, more that they were regarded as so superlative because) they faced very few top flight QBs.

Now if we want to start an entire tangent about how effective the spin machine is here are two other tid bits
ESPN has their "neutral field predictor" bit running all bowl season. When compared to published Vegas lines every game not involving an SEC team was +/- 1.5 of the published line. The closest SEC game was +/- 5.5 to the published line. And interesting enough in every case the ESPN guys "undervalued" the SEC team...You havent heard a whole lot of talking hype of this neutral field predictor but it has scrolled at 1.5x the normal frequency for weeks. Ive also heard internal memos have said not to mention the metric excessively that it would serve a better purpose in "post season analysis"...translated: If the SEC team wins we can make them sound better than they were because they beat teams they werent supposed to and if they lose we have a built in excuse. For Pete's sake they were calling GT a 6.5 point neutral site favorite while Vegas was giving GT 3...wait until the bowl wrap up show you will hear this trumpeted how Ole Miss "upset" GT...

Finally they have even infiltrated the NFL a bit...last draft was the much publicized 63 SEC players selected...a record for a given conference. In fact it s been heavily slanted toward the SEC for a decade...but if we look at players who survive 3 years in the league, well the numbers suddenly shift. I dont have the stats down here with me...but they are available for anyone who wants to do research.

I agree with everything here. Plus, they are now promoting the SEC Network so it's a no-brainer that they will be talking up the SEC.

Last edited by BillJasper : 01-03-2014 at 06:35 PM.
BillJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:56 PM   #219
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I would be curious to see those numbers. These are the best numbers I can find.

Which college football program produces most NFL talent? - NFL.com

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:02 PM   #220
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:

Well what about all the other players who played better than McCarron? Bridgewater, Mariota and Petty to name a few. McCarrons numbers are super pedestrian for a college QB, with only 336 attempts too. He carried so little of the load for Bama, and they even lost 2 games.. And he offers absolutely nothing on the ground. The more I look at the numbers, the more confused I get as to why he was even in the discussion for the awards he won, let alone winning them.

He and Mettenberger were basically mirror images this season, and nobody thinks Mettenberger is worthy.. So why McCarron?

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 01-03-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #221
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

This Clemson Ohio state game is a penalty fest. By my count there have been no less than 11 penalties (including 2 plays with 2 penalties each and including penalties declined) and we are two plays into the 2nd quarter...

Last edited by CU Tiger : 01-03-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #222
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He and Mettenberger were basically mirror images this season, and nobody thinks Mettenberger is worthy.. So why McCarron?

Huh?

Mett (who would never have seen the field at UGA): 22 TD / 8 INT
McCarron (who I think is largely a game-manager): 28 TD/ 7 INT

And ZM had better receivers to work with.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #223
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
The SEC is 2-2 in those kickoff showcase games the last two years.
I said Elite SEC teams, not Georgia.

(Which is really a cheap argument, but it's Alabama/LSU, where 80% of the SEC hype comes from. To play in a national title you need to go undefeated, be them, or beat them. And the last few years they've gone undefeated in their big early OOC games, even if most are against Michigan, Virginia Tech, Penn State, TCU, UNC, Washington teams that aren't up to their usual reputations, but because the SEC team plays them week 1 when they're undefeated you can dream on them being good. (There were a couple wins like the 2011 LSU ones over Oregon/West Virginia that were impressive.))

The 2 most controversial SEC teams that got into the title game (2007 LSU, 2011 Alabama) would not have gotten in without the big LSU wins over Virginia Tech and Oregon respectively.
Quote:
What exactly is your argument with the schedules? They look very similar to me, FWIW. Though, true, Alabama had the "better" loss - but then you have the aspect of a rematch. One could have easily argued Alabama had their one chance (at home no less). The fact that Alabama won doesn't particularly diminish that, as IMO if you played Alabama-Auburn this year 10 times in a row that Alabama would have won at least 7 of those times.
gstelmack was the one arguing that that Alabama team didn't "deserve" to be there, and the SEC got the benefit of the doubt. I'm fine with saying you'd rather see Oklahoma State play for aesthetic or rematch reasons, but you really can't argue that they "deserved" to be in the title game any more than Alabama - it was basically a coin flip, with the edge to OSU on off-field considerations and the edge to Alabama on on-field play. That's not me fellating wins over Ole Miss or Auburn (and that's where the ESPN hype machine continues to show its bias), but watching the two teams play that year. 2013 Alabama has been overrated (although anyone paying attention has seen that their defense isn't nearly as good this year), 2011 and 2012 Alabama weren't.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 01-03-2014 at 08:36 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #224
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Johnson shoots down buyout rumor | Georgia Tech sports | www.ajc.com

Of course I didn't bother to get excited at the prospect anyhow. 11 million reasons (Hewitt $ +Gailey $) plus another 8 million (potential CPJ $) kept my hopes pretty limited.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:09 PM   #225
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
gstelmack was the one arguing that that Alabama team didn't "deserve" to be there, and the SEC got the benefit of the doubt. I'm fine with saying you'd rather see Oklahoma State play for aesthetic or rematch reasons, but you really can't argue that they "deserved" to be in the title game any more than Alabama - it was basically a coin flip, with the edge to OSU on off-field considerations and the edge to Alabama on on-field play. That's not me fellating wins over Ole Miss or Auburn (and that's where the ESPN hype machine continues to show its bias), but watching the two teams play that year. 2013 Alabama has been overrated (although anyone paying attention has seen that their defense isn't nearly as good this year), 2011 and 2012 Alabama weren't.

I disagree on a different argument: Alabama couldn't win its DIVISION, let alone its CONFERENCE, so how can they play for the national championship? It's a worse travesty than Nebraska playing for the national championship after getting destroyed in their conference championship game.

And yes, I know the NFL let's non division winners play for the championship, but only after it lets all the division winners in first. Alabama should not have been involved unless they had an 8-game playoff, in which case you can argue they should have been one of the 2 wildcards (there were still 6 AQ conferences then if I remember).
Old 01-03-2014, 09:11 PM   #226
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Johnson shoots down buyout rumor | Georgia Tech sports | www.ajc.com

Of course I didn't bother to get excited at the prospect anyhow. 11 million reasons (Hewitt $ +Gailey $) plus another 8 million (potential CPJ $) kept my hopes pretty limited.

They have to be done paying Gailey by now, right? CPJ has been coach for at least 5 seasons.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:12 PM   #227
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Boy, Clemson folded quick!
Old 01-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #228
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Huh?

Mett (who would never have seen the field at UGA): 22 TD / 8 INT
McCarron (who I think is largely a game-manager): 28 TD/ 7 INT

And ZM had better receivers to work with.

Mettenberger had better receivers? Why didn't they throw more then? If I had a QB throwing for 10 yards per attempt and good receivers to boot, I would be passing a LOT. Like 450 times or more. My guess is lack of depth. Also, telling me Bama has bad receivers is weird, when there's no way a school like Bama doesn't bring in studs left and right. Amari Cooper was a top 50 player in 2012 (overall, not just WR) coming out of H.S. according to a lot of sites. The receivers they brought in in 2011 were rated even higher. This year, they signed the 2nd highest rated WR in the country. They have at least 4 receivers on their team who were top 10 in their class at the position. Meanwhile Odell Beckham was a 3 star, and Landry is on par with those 4 receivers Bama has brought in from a talent standpoint according to recruiting rankings. It seems to me what is happening is Bama is either shit at developing receivers, or they just use them differently. Meanwhile, LSU is running with basically 2 players at WR.

Considering Mettenberger threw the ball 40 times less, but threw for more yards than McCarron with a weaker defense (LSU gave up like 50-60 more yards per game than Bama) and a yard less per carry running game backing him up.. I gotta stick with my thought that they are virtually the same QB. Neither should be anywhere near the conversation for best QB in the country though.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 01-03-2014 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:21 PM   #229
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
They have to be done paying Gailey by now, right? CPJ has been coach for at least 5 seasons.

Alas, the money was still spent. I think the buyout actually ended in 2011
Old 01-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #230
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I said Elite SEC teams, not Georgia.

What about Auburn?
Btw UGA was ranked 5 when they lost to Clemson. Top 5 is elite by any standard.

You can't change the argument mid stream, especially when I don't think LSU played a kick off game this year did they?
Hell I can't remember.
I'm too pissed watching this referee show in Miami.
I sat here two years ago through all 70 WVU points...but damn if this game reaches 50 penalty flags I'm leaving regardless.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:24 PM   #231
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also, telling me Bama has bad receivers is weird, when there's no way a school like Bama doesn't bring in studs left and right. Amari Cooper was a top 50 player in 2012 (overall, not just WR) coming out of H.S. according to a lot of sites.

Didn't say their receivers sucked ... said LSU had better receivers. I give less than a fuck what their recruiting ratings were, Beckham & Landry would have both started at Bama. The same wouldn't be true in reverse.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #232
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Dola...a final gift to GT D Rad gave CPJ the worst buyout known to mankind before leaving. I think basically his entire contract is guaranteed, though I'm sue some of the Gt faithful can chime in.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #233
Patriots12
n00b

I really hope Ohio State loses. I think personally that their athletic program is so filthy and arrogant in my opinion. Anyone watching the ESPN 30 for 30 Youngstown Boys would agree after how the athletic director treated Maurice Clarrett(before he got in trouble). Also, it's so annoying how they call themselves THE Ohio State university. Lastly, I hated how the only discipline the player that held up both his middle fingers was only an ejection, nothing more.
Patriots12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #234
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots12 View Post
I really hope Ohio State loses. I think personally that their athletic program is so filthy and arrogant in my opinion. Anyone watching the ESPN 30 for 30 Youngstown Boys would agree after how the athletic director treated Maurice Clarrett(before he got in trouble). Also, it's so annoying how they call themselves THE Ohio State university. Lastly, I hated how the only discipline the player that held up both his middle fingers was only an ejection, nothing more.

The last part is incorrect, he was also suspended for the B1G championship game.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #235
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Alas, the money was still spent. I think the buyout actually ended in 2011

Yeah, misread what you wrote. Thought you were talking about what they still owed this year, not overall. The money values should have given that away.

And to the last point, yes, thanks for the parting gift DRad.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #236
tarcone
Coordinator

Mizzou is picking apart okie St.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:58 PM   #237
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The OSU/Clemson game looks like teams that haven't played for a month.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:14 PM   #238
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Is Ohio State playing like crap because they were not in the title game?

Spoiler

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-03-2014 at 10:23 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:16 PM   #239
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Matt Millen is just the worst.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:24 PM   #240
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Mizzou is picking apart okie St.

OK State defense has simply dominated the second half. Here is the stats for the half:

6 drives
20 plays
13 yards
2 turnovers
2 first downs (both on the first drive of the half)

You'd be hard pressed to find a more dominating stretch against the Mizzou offense this season. The sad thing? OSU has only mustered 10 points through that to tie the game.

I have a feeling Mizzou will come out this next drive blazing. OSU needs to keep up the intensity. One play off and Mizzou will jump back up 7. Still, proud of the guys, they are playing their asses off and OSU has a real shot to win this game.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:37 PM   #241
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I don't really get that roughing call, but that was a hell of a throw by Miller with a dude about to kill him.

FUCK EA
Old 01-03-2014, 10:37 PM   #242
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Hey guys. I'm in the stadium, and you always get a different feel watching on Tv.
How does the officiating seem on TV?

I'm not one to botch and moan about officiating but I swear this is a weirdly called game.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:38 PM   #243
kingfc22
Head Coach

Braxton Miller showing a lot of toughness sticking in and taking those hits.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #244
kingfc22
Head Coach

Somebody please unplug Millen's mic.

Take a shot for every "buckaroo" mention.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 01-03-2014 at 10:43 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:46 PM   #245
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Hey guys. I'm in the stadium, and you always get a different feel watching on Tv.

I'm not one to botch and moan about officiating but I swear this is a weirdly called game.

Seems like the officials are looking for ways to call penalties instead of letting the game happen.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:47 PM   #246
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Matt Millen needs a sign over his head that says "31-81" in case any casual football watcher might take him seriously.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #247
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think it's fair in terms of not favoring either team, but it's incredibly tightly called. Everything seems to lead to ten or fifteen yard penalties.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #248
TroyF
Coordinator

Defensive holding maybe if they've called it all game, but they have not called it that way all game. What a monumental break on a horrific throw by the Mizzou QB. That was a catch and Mizzou should have a first down.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:51 PM   #249
kingfc22
Head Coach

That looked like a possible fumble on that sack. I would've had that reviewed.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:53 PM   #250
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Excited to see what Watkins and Boyd do at the next level.

FUCK EA