Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #201
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

What more believeable, college kids given permission to torment a fellow teammate for making them do extra training taking it too far, or conflicting statements from the university?

At this point, I'm going to start referring to Jon as Colonel Jessup from "A Few Good Men"
Old 11-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #202
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Bad news for the Longhorns after last night's game. Chris Whaley and Johnathan Gray are out for the rest of the season. Whaley's knee injury did look bad during the game, but Gray's looked at first like it was some sort of calf injury. Turns out it was an Achilles. Those are two key guys to lose going into the last three games of the season.

Texas Longhorns RB Johnathan Gray, DT Chris Whaley out for season - ESPN
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #203
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
What more believeable, college kids given permission to torment a fellow teammate for making them do extra training taking it too far, or conflicting statements from the university? At this point, I'm going to start referring to Jon as Colonel Jessup from "A Few Good Men"

Comes down to credibility ... and a freshman RB who has issues making it to training has none afaic. I trust college officials quite little, I just trust 18 y/o who can't even live up to a free ride even less.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #204
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
Anyhow, they are 5-4 and clinch bowl eligibilty next week when they shock the world!

Well hell, if Syracuse wins out, Clemson loses to Georgia Tech and South Carolina, and Florida St. loses to Florida, that puts Syracuse in the ACC championship game with a shot at a BCS Bowl!

But seriously, as has been the case for the last decade or so, the BBVA Compass bowl or whatever would constitute a very successful season for the Orange.

Last edited by molson : 11-10-2013 at 10:36 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #205
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Bad news for the Longhorns after last night's game. Chris Whaley and Johnathan Gray are out for the rest of the season. Whaley's knee injury did look bad during the game, but Gray's looked at first like it was some sort of calf injury. Turns out it was an Achilles. Those are two key guys to lose going into the last three games of the season.

Texas Longhorns RB Johnathan Gray, DT Chris Whaley out for season - ESPN

Gray's was weird, but it looked like he immediately knew something bad happened. Whaley I figured was done for the year as soon as I saw what happened. Very unfortunate.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #206
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
It is really frustrating to me that we cannot seem to find more than "project" quarterbacks these last few seasons. You would think, with Geno Smith throwing 500+ times the past two years for over 70 TDS, that we could pull in a top 15 or 20 QB in one of the past 2-3 recruiting cycles.

5th youngest team in the country this year and something like 36 players return from the 2 deep next year. It's not going to matter one bit if the quarterback position isn't settled.

I've heard good things about Childress, but I've also heard the coaches are always working to keep him motivated because he's a "do you know who my dad is?" kid. Next season probably rides on him locking down the starting job because Millard doesn't have the arm strength to play BCS level football, Trickett seems like a bad fit for the air raid, and Crest isn't going to be ready.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:32 PM   #207
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
5th youngest team in the country this year and something like 36 players return from the 2 deep next year. It's not going to matter one bit if the quarterback position isn't settled.

I've heard good things about Childress, but I've also heard the coaches are always working to keep him motivated because he's a "do you know who my dad is?" kid. Next season probably rides on him locking down the starting job because Millard doesn't have the arm strength to play BCS level football, Trickett seems like a bad fit for the air raid, and Crest isn't going to be ready.

I'm still holding out hope for a Russell Wilson-like, non-Trickett, transfer.

I think we would have been better off going with Milliard this season (and particularly after Childress went down) and game planning around his weaknesses. He can't run or throw, but he seems like the best option. How sad is that?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #208
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
And now we have the College Football version of the Dolphins situation, and this time a player got sent to the hospital after the players were allegedly told to deal with a troublemaker however they wanted but to "leave it in the lockerroom"

Report: Cal locker-room brawl sends RB Fabiano Hale to hospital | Campus Union - SI.com

Old news
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:55 AM   #209
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
They'd be hovering somewhere in the Top 10 right now

If they don't get a BCS Bowl if they finish 10-2 I'm going to be very sad.

You're kidding right?
Old 11-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #210
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
You're kidding right?

Not one bit.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #211
Thomkal
Head Coach

Been bummed all weekend because Coastal Carolina has fallen from the ranks of the unbeaten. Yep they lost to rival Charleston Southern 31-26. It wasn't as close as the score might lead you to. Charleston Southern dominated for most of the game, leading 24-6 at the half, and 31-6 with about 12 minutes left in the third. Coastal then staged a comeback, getting within 5 with just over 6 minutes left in the game. CSU never let Coastal get the ball back however.

So not only did CSU take control of the Big South, they might have knocked Coastal out of the playoffs (again!). Likely they still make it though given their record and the fact that Charleston is also ranked. CSU still has two losable games in the conference yet however, while Coastal only has lowly Presbyterian. Looks like right now Coastal would win the tiebreakers if Charleston does lose one of the games however.

totally bummed
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #212
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Not one bit.

I should have said I will be disgusted if we are out of Top 14 of BCS.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #213
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I should have said I will be disgusted if we are out of Top 14 of BCS.

At worst I would have them just outside of the Top 10. I see no reason for them to be outside of the Top 14 if they only had a loss. Minnesota's surprise run will help because the other two games won't. I'm not sure Wisconsin can move up roughly three spots per win though.