Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #201
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post
Ryan Williams with the Julian "J Man" Washington idiot fumble. That was the worst play of the season, I don't see anything topping that.

Can't wait to see the highlight of the worst play of the season good thing he didn't turn out to be the goat.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #202
TroyF
Coordinator

Eagles first and goal at the three yard line. Two minutes left. Ravens with two timeouts if the Eagles do punch it in.

Bucs/Giants looks like an Arena League game at this point. Hope Pumpy is watching.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #203
miami_fan
Coordinator

I have no clue what a catch is in today's NFL but I don't think that is a catch in the Bucs-Giants game.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #204
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Ugh. Shit game by the Pats today.

Nice game by the Arizona D though - credit to them.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #205
whomario
Pro Starter

well, that´s one way to score points (Seahawks)
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #206
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
The right team won that game. How many survivor pools gone now?

The Cards winning eases some of the pain. I think the FOFC survivor league is two strikes right?
Old 09-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #207
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Bucs/Giants looks like an Arena League game at this point. Hope Pumpy is watching.
I've got NFL Red Zone. I'm always watching.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #208
miami_fan
Coordinator

Dumb ass play call by the Eagles!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 09-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #209
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
The Cards winning eases some of the pain. I think the FOFC survivor league is two strikes right?

Yes. That's strike one for a little less than half of us.

Three people also picked Oakland today. Self-hating Dolphins fans I assume.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #210
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Time for Flacco to prove he's for real as a QB.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #211
whomario
Pro Starter

Baltimore still with plenty of time, especially with the way Tucker has been kicking the ball.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 09-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #212
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hmm, agree that the Vick thing was not a fumble but were they allowed to review it as intentional grounding in that spot? Thouht he was between the tackles, would have pushed them way back.

Now Flacco needs to take Ravens down the field for three points to get the win.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #213
Easy Mac

Shouldnt that have been grounding on Vick? The only people near him were linemen.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #214
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Can't wait to see the highlight of the worst play of the season good thing he didn't turn out to be the goat.

Just saw the highlight...yowza
Old 09-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #215
sabotai
General Manager

I feel like I've seen this from Flacco before. Down with plenty of time and timeouts left, and he tries to force the ball deep. He did the right thing on 3rd down, but I don't see why Baltimore is acting like there's only 40 seconds left with no timeouts.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #216
whomario
Pro Starter

why not run it there on 3rd and 2 with Timeouts in hand ?
Old 09-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #217
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post

*shrug*
Old 09-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #218
TroyF
Coordinator

strike everything I said about flacco, that was horrible.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #219
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I feel like I've seen this from Flacco before. Down with plenty of time and timeouts left, and he tries to force the ball deep. He did the right thing on 3rd down, but I don't see why Baltimore is acting like there's only 40 seconds left with no timeouts.

Quote:

Something about Flacco I've never liked, there are just times he seems totally overmatched out there.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #220
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Because you've got two downs, since you'll go for it on 4th (and pass it then, too, of course).
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #221
Dutch
"Dutch"

Bucs defense was great for 6 quarters so far this season and then returned to past season form in the 2nd half of this game.

Mike Williams put two feet down and braced for impact when he was hit and lost control. I thought that was a football move but I guess I really don't know what that term even means.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #222
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
strike everything I said about flacco, that was horrible.

The last pass to Rice reminds me of something I'd try to pull on Madden.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #223
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Something about Flacco I've never liked, there are just times he seems totally overmatched out there.

I've only watched Flacco a handful of times over the last few years, but I've gotten the impression that he panics when the game is on the line.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #224
Atocep
Coordinator

The Seahawks are blacked out here today which means we only get 1 game in the early and 1 game in the late timeslot. Neither of which is the local team.

It's a good thing the NFL continues to make their product accessible and not give people a reason to search out online streams of games.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #225
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

If you didn't see Tom Coughlin bitching at Greg Schiano after the Giants-Bucs game today, you'll be seeing it later. The best part of the entire exchange was Coughlin reaching out to shake Schiano's hand even as he's calling Schiano a piece of shit.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #226
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
If you didn't see Tom Coughlin bitching at Greg Schiano after the Giants-Bucs game today, you'll be seeing it later. The best part of the entire exchange was Coughlin reaching out to shake Schiano's hand even as he's calling Schiano a piece of shit.

Reason?
Old 09-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #227
wade moore
lolzcat

I'm a diehard Redskins fan.

The reffing in this game has been TERRIBLE in favor of the Redskins. Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #228
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Reason?
As Eli Manning was taking a knee on the final play of the game, the Bucs basically launched themselves at him. Really unnecessarily play on Tampa's part.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #229
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Flacco isn't capable of running a no huddle offense or calling his own audibles. He calls his own number too much. Never seen a team with such a successful and at times dominate running game pass so often. Frustrating team to watch at times.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #230
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The Seahawks are blacked out here today which means we only get 1 game in the early and 1 game in the late timeslot. Neither of which is the local team.

It's a good thing the NFL continues to make their product accessible and not give people a reason to search out online streams of games.

"Sorry about the blackout, but thanks again for the public money to build the stadium!"
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #231
TroyF
Coordinator

Lots to go this week, but a couple of really interesting tilts set up next week based off of the early games today.

Eagles at Cardinals - Two of the most unlikely 2-0 teams you will ever see. Not necessarily because either are bad, but they have both won cardiac games two weeks. One will jump to 3-0 and 3-0 teams usually cruise to the playoffs. (I said usually, I understand it doesn't always happen)

Patriots at Ravens - The two victims. Both will be royally pissed off after this week. Both understand that home field could be at stake and neither one will want to go to 1-2. It is going to be a very interesting game.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #232
TroyF
Coordinator

I am getting so sick of fans complaining about blows to the head. Timmons should have been thrown out of the game. It's time this crap stops.

Beyond that, if Sanchez isn't given a full concussion test on the sidelines before the next series, the medical staff needs to be fired.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #233
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Ike Taylor is done
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #234
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Agreed that Timmons should have been tossed as well.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #235
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The suspense in the Bengals season will be 6-10 or 7-9.

That defense is appalling.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #236
wade moore
lolzcat

Wow. Seriously. This reffing is AWFUL.

I know we've had debates on here before, but seriously, the real refs need to be brought back. This is the 2nd game I've watched today that the refs have shown a complete lack of control of the game leading to lots of after the whistle stuff (Ravens game first, now Skins game). And that's all outside of the complete mishandling of the basics of their jobs.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 09-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #237
whomario
Pro Starter

Sanchez didn´t get much help on that drive (Hill could have caught that long one and then the TE not even looking ...) but overall the Jets offense looks shockingly competent as well.

Although as a neutral observer i can´t help but be disapointed about not seeing all those wacky Tebow-Plays they allegedly designed I can see decent to good QB play elsewhere, where´s the fun in having that with the Jets as well ?

Last edited by whomario : 09-16-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #238
wade moore
lolzcat

ROBERT M-F'N GRIFFIN III!

Quote:
Old 09-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #239
whomario
Pro Starter

Say what you will about his ability at QB or his religious zeal, but it impresses the hell out of me that Tebow is actually going out on punt protection duty.

Last edited by whomario : 09-16-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #240
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Did Shanahan Ninja timeout away a miss?
Old 09-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #241
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Nothing better than the timeout just before the snap to freeze the kicker and having it come back to bite you in the ass. Nice Shanahan
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #242
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think it was good, but unsure cause nobody bothered to replay it.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #243
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I think it was good, but unsure cause nobody bothered to replay it.

Yeah, it looked a lot like the kick that counted - like it may have just barely curved in.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #244
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That kid has a monster leg
Old 09-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #245
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Flacco is crying after the loss...

Flacco rips replacement refs for “affecting the integrity of the game” | ProFootballTalk
Old 09-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #246
stevew
Hall Of Famer

They need to throw people out of the game more often. 2 personal fouls should equal auto ejection.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #247
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Wallace with a beast mode catch
Old 09-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #248
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Steve Smith Rams looks good.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #249
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Cowboys looking frustrated.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #250
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Romo folds in pressure situations, or any situation for that matter.

Last edited by tucker rocky : 09-16-2012 at 05:28 PM.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote