Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #201
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think UCLA was dumb for promising him to be the lone kid and UCLA isn't even recruiting an uncommitted QB or on they haven't had an offer out for awhile. I would imagine his bad Sumner at camps and Hundley looking good is the biggest reason
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #202
MrBug708
Head Coach

Here is Greg Biggins take. Sorry for the formatting
Kind of an amateurish article, very one sided obviously but here's my take on a few errors in the article.

This is the second time within the last couple of months that a top Georgia prospect and UCLA have parted ways.Keyante Green, a running back from Eagles Landing Christian Academy, switched to Purdue over the summer because he hadn’t heard much from UCLA after committing to the Bruins last February.

One of the big reasons coaches love early commits is to alleviate having to recruit said player during the season. Once a player commits, they can move on to other non-committed prospects. I know now a days, committed recruits still want to be shown the love but to me, it's kind of a week reason to de-commit and in no way, did UCLA ever approach Green and tell him they were pulling his offer. I thought it was a weird fit in the first place and Lee is a huge upgrade but that's another topic.

“I really shocked and disappointed with how this went down with UCLA,” Lassiter coach Jep Irwin said. “They haven’t been genuine and forthright through this whole thing. It appears they used Eddie, maybe to attract other recruits. Or maybe they have another recruit closer to home they ended up liking better.

Used Eddie to attract other recruits? Yeh, last I checked, and forgive me for being blunt here but it's the truth, Eddie is an average, mid to low level Div I QB. Top recruits aren't exactly beating down the door to play with guys like that. As for liking another recruit closer to home- I would say that's accurate but also don't see anything wrong with pursuing another player you feel helps your program. To quote my guy Dan Hawkins- "It's Division I football! It's the Big 12 (sub in Pac 12 here)! It ain't intramurals!

Printz’s father said he had to do some investigative work to find out the scholarship offer was no longer being honored.

My understanding is UCLA never said they weren't honoring the scholarship, only said they're evaluating other QBs. Does UCLA deserve some blame for telling the family they were done with QBs and then going back on that? Sure, not excusing that, but again, as an elite program, you're constantly evaluating what's best for your program and if you see other players out there who can help you, you would be foolish not to recruit them. At the time UCLA offered and brought in Printz, he was the top guy on their board. Fast forward a few months and that's no longer the case. What would be more honorable, signing Printz, having him to sit the bench for a few years and then transferring out or since scholies are one year renewable, telling him after a year they want to go in a different direction?

And as for the staff not getting right back to Printz' father, if they called or emailed him back every time he had a question or concern, trust me, they would spend half their day on the phone, that man is a lot of work.

Eddie took classes so he could graduate early and start college early at UCLA. He didn’t go visit colleges over the summer, and probably turned down 20-25 offers, because he was a 100-percent Bruin. Eddie was always planning to graduate early, even before he committed to UCLA so that was a non-issue. He actually did visit colleges, Auburn twice, who despite what the family claimed, never actually offered him along with every other program in the SEC outside of Arkansas, Vandy and Kentucky.

Ironic how Eddie's coach uses the word, 'disgusting' to describe the treatment he feels his QB received while not acknowledging they basically did the same exact thing to SMU.

I guess the real issue here is, did UCLA drop Printz or did they decide to recruit another QB which caused Eddie to de-commit, feeling like UCLA broke a promise made to him. We see the side of the Printz family in this article and I'm sure if UCLA could comment, the story would likely lean towards wanting to bring in another QB and never actually telling Eddie his offer was being pulled.

It's definitely an unfortunate situation and i do feel for Eddie, who's a good kid. As Tracy pointed out though, moving forward, I think it's definitely a win-win for both party's. Printz was never going to play at UCLA, just not good enough and hopefully he'll find a new home where he'll be given that opportunity. For UCLA, even if they don't land Troy Williams or Hayden Rettig, it frees up a scholarship and they can now recruit a 2014 QB and point out they didn't take a QB directly in front of him.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #203
cschex
High School Varsity

Bug, what's the general UCLA feeling on Rettig? He's said all the right things and seems very solid to LSU, but we have another 4* QB in the class and I remember Cassius Marsh saying all the right things a week before committing to UCLA.
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #204
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'll fix this the way it should look. Bold for the article, not bold for Biggins' responses/takes. Biggins is a big time recruiting insider for Scout.com and used to be pretty much the only good thing going for ESPN's recruiting site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Here is Greg Biggins take. Sorry for the formatting.

GB: Kind of an amateurish article, very one sided obviously but here's my take on a few errors in the article.

This is the second time within the last couple of months that a top Georgia prospect and UCLA have parted ways.Keyante Green, a running back from Eagles Landing Christian Academy, switched to Purdue over the summer because he hadn’t heard much from UCLA after committing to the Bruins last February.

GB: One of the big reasons coaches love early commits is to alleviate having to recruit said player during the season. Once a player commits, they can move on to other non-committed prospects. I know now a days, committed recruits still want to be shown the love but to me, it's kind of a week reason to de-commit and in no way, did UCLA ever approach Green and tell him they were pulling his offer. I thought it was a weird fit in the first place and Lee is a huge upgrade but that's another topic.

“I really shocked and disappointed with how this went down with UCLA,” Lassiter coach Jep Irwin said. “They haven’t been genuine and forthright through this whole thing. It appears they used Eddie, maybe to attract other recruits. Or maybe they have another recruit closer to home they ended up liking better.

GB: Used Eddie to attract other recruits? Yeh, last I checked, and forgive me for being blunt here but it's the truth, Eddie is an average, mid to low level Div I QB. Top recruits aren't exactly beating down the door to play with guys like that. As for liking another recruit closer to home- I would say that's accurate but also don't see anything wrong with pursuing another player you feel helps your program. To quote my guy Dan Hawkins- "It's Division I football! It's the Big 12 (sub in Pac 12 here)! It ain't intramurals!

Printz’s father said he had to do some investigative work to find out the scholarship offer was no longer being honored.

GB: My understanding is UCLA never said they weren't honoring the scholarship, only said they're evaluating other QBs. Does UCLA deserve some blame for telling the family they were done with QBs and then going back on that? Sure, not excusing that, but again, as an elite program, you're constantly evaluating what's best for your program and if you see other players out there who can help you, you would be foolish not to recruit them. At the time UCLA offered and brought in Printz, he was the top guy on their board. Fast forward a few months and that's no longer the case. What would be more honorable, signing Printz, having him to sit the bench for a few years and then transferring out or since scholies are one year renewable, telling him after a year they want to go in a different direction?

And as for the staff not getting right back to Printz' father, if they called or emailed him back every time he had a question or concern, trust me, they would spend half their day on the phone, that man is a lot of work.

Eddie took classes so he could graduate early and start college early at UCLA. He didn’t go visit colleges over the summer, and probably turned down 20-25 offers, because he was a 100-percent Bruin.

GB: Eddie was always planning to graduate early, even before he committed to UCLA so that was a non-issue. He actually did visit colleges, Auburn twice, who despite what the family claimed, never actually offered him along with every other program in the SEC outside of Arkansas, Vandy and Kentucky

Ironic how Eddie's coach uses the word, 'disgusting' to describe the treatment he feels his QB received while not acknowledging they basically did the same exact thing to SMU.

I guess the real issue here is, did UCLA drop Printz or did they decide to recruit another QB which caused Eddie to de-commit, feeling like UCLA broke a promise made to him. We see the side of the Printz family in this article and I'm sure if UCLA could comment, the story would likely lean towards wanting to bring in another QB and never actually telling Eddie his offer was being pulled.

It's definitely an unfortunate situation and i do feel for Eddie, who's a good kid. As Tracy pointed out though, moving forward, I think it's definitely a win-win for both party's. Printz was never going to play at UCLA, just not good enough and hopefully he'll find a new home where he'll be given that opportunity. For UCLA, even if they don't land Troy Williams or Hayden Rettig, it frees up a scholarship and they can now recruit a 2014 QB and point out they didn't take a QB directly in front of him.

Hope that clears up Bug's post a bit.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 09-13-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #205
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The Texas boards are discussing the announcement about RSJ. The three main theories are (since coaches can't comment, who really knows): 1) this is a ploy to get him to recommit, 2) his injury is worse than they are letting on, or 3) they are seeing a repeat of Lache Seastrunk
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #206
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschex View Post
Bug, what's the general UCLA feeling on Rettig? He's said all the right things and seems very solid to LSU, but we have another 4* QB in the class and I remember Cassius Marsh saying all the right things a week before committing to UCLA.

Never say never when it comes to recruiting nowadays, but the word around UCLA's scout.com site seems to be that Rettig remains pretty solid to LSU. Rettig did not attend UCLA's game against Nebraska, despite the fact UCLA's OC was out to see him the night before and presumeably he got an invite (there were a ton of recruits at the Rose Bowl last Saturday). There is reportedly some interest, but in my own judgment of what I have heard about, I would classify that interest as "well, okay, I'll take the phone call if it's just for 5 minutes..." level of interest. I would guess that Rettig and UCLA have only been in contact with one another as fallbacks to this point. If nothing sours Rettig on LSU between now and NSD, I think you're golden.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #207
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think with Hundley, the don't care as much about a QB this class. They like Ricks kid as a backup
Old 09-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #208
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The claims about how the kid "did the same thing" to SMU ring pretty hollow. The coach that was recruiting him for the Mustangs left, the head coach situation was up in the air. That adds considerable shades of gray to things at the very least.

Mora, on the other hand, is an incredibly unlikable slimeball.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #209
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Yeah, he followed his recruiter to UCLA, so I'm guessing he was encouraged to do so by the very people who now have told him they aren't interested months later.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #210
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Oh, no doubt. UCLA is not crystal clear on this, and yes, Printz committed to UCLA (sight unseen at the time, in fact), because OL coach and recruiter extraordinaire Adrian Klemm was brought over from SMU.

This is the story of Printz' recruiting, as far as I recall. This is all off of the top of my head, so forgive me if I get a detail here and there wrong. I think it will be by and large mostly correct.

Printz in fact is probably about a good level for SMU. At the time Mora took over at UCLA and Klemm came over, UCLA's QB spot was in a considerable shambles. Printz, a 2013 recruit, committed before signing day last year, in fact, IIRC. At that point in time, UCLA had two senior to be QBs with very mixed records (Brehaut, Prince), a well-regarded but unproven RS frosh QB (Hundley) and the son of the just fired coach (Jerry Neuheisel). The staff had not signed TJ Millweard or Devin Fuller yet. So they offered on Klemm's recommendation and accepted the commitment from Printz. He was regarded as a player with some upside, but maybe a little below the level they would never have accepted. But the position was in a shambles, and they weren't sure they could get a top QB to commit at the time.

To my knowledge, that original commitment did not come with a guarantee that no other QB would be recruited, and in fact, several, such as Browne who committed to USC and Rettig with LSU already had offers from UCLA. It wasn't until later when Printz started camping with schools closer to his Georgia home--Auburn in particular being one--that the two sides committed to each other, Printz would not do more camps, UCLA would not recruit another QB in the 2013 class.

At this point, Printz was still being evaluated based on HS tape and the like. Some scouts back east didn't really think he was all that good, but since he was coming out for a local QB camp and 7 on 7 tourney in June, UCLA and western recruiting scouts bided their time to see him put in some work in front of them. Apparently, Printz did not grade well at these at all. He didn't show the zip on his throws they expected, he had an oddly thrown ball and he made some poor field decisions. Pretty much every scout I read a report on agreed he was not much better than a mid-level prospect and seemed unlikely to ever be good enough to start at UCLA. Despite all this, UCLA did stick with their commitment to him.

To my knowledge, they never backed down from their commitment to him and they never pulled his offer. Where they backed up a bit was to keep tabs on other options, just in case. Who is to know if they intended to actually accept a commitment from another QB? Maybe they would have, I don't know. But all they did here was go see a top level local prospect play. That's not pulling Printz's offer. That's not even accepting a commitment from another QB. That's just normal recruiting. Any kid or parent expecting a school to just completely shut down all of its evaluation or talent analysis at a position because of the scholie commit is deluding themselves.

So UCLA does not look good for promising to not recruit another QB and then still showing interest elsewhere. But I view the promise as unreasonable to begin with, and if that is what Printz required to commit, then, honestly, UCLA should have walked away from the start.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #211
Logan
Head Coach

4* ATH Nadir Barnwell to Rutgers.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #212
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like former 4* CB recruit Travell Dixon has ended up at Washington. He'd originally committed to Alabama out of Eastern Arizona JC but they parted ways after Spring practices. He'll sit out 2012 and have 2 to play 2 starting with the 2013 season.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #213
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Excited to see that Laquon Treadwell has scheduled an official visit to Mizzou for the Vanderbilt game. Landing him would give Mizzou the #1 WR two years in a row.

Laquon Treadwell - Yahoo! Sports
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #214
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Excited to see that Laquon Treadwell has scheduled an official visit to Mizzou for the Vanderbilt game. Landing him would give Mizzou the #1 WR two years in a row.

If you guys could recruit a QB you could win the national championship in FOF: CY.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #215
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Notre Dame picks up another 4* commitment from WR Torii Hunter Jr. (One of the Angels Torii Hunter's multiple D1 prospect sons, and not the one accused of rape.) Overall, this year doesn't seem to have the drama of past years, but I'm sure it'll pick up in January.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #216
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post

He is a far cry from DGb...rated 23 overall by rivals. And to be fair, Isaac the USC commit is listed as a rb which he plays in HS, will play WR/slot for the Trojans.

Last time I talked to laquon, I left thinking it was a ND/Florida battle. But I haven't tracked him for TI in months.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #217
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Well, I know this doesn't affect a lot of teams out there but the Mormon church just announced at their general conference the lowering of missionary ages from 19 to 18. It means that highly touted LDS recruit that chooses to go on a mission will not see your campus for about 2 to 3 years.

This absolutely forces changes at BYU, Utah, Utah State and the other Utah schools. But I think it also causes some serious issues with some of the other schools out there that have been recruiting the talent.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #218
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

He gets talked about on Wolverine Nation as well. Michigan could use just about anything at WR, but I have little hope he lands there.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #219
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Well, I know this doesn't affect a lot of teams out there but the Mormon church just announced at their general conference the lowering of missionary ages from 19 to 18. It means that highly touted LDS recruit that chooses to go on a mission will not see your campus for about 2 to 3 years.

This absolutely forces changes at BYU, Utah, Utah State and the other Utah schools. But I think it also causes some serious issues with some of the other schools out there that have been recruiting the talent.
It's probably a bigger issue for BYU recruits than for most other schools. The vast majority of LDS recruits that have come to the UW - even the ones that were sure they would take a mission - never ended up leaving to take their mission. I would suspect the pressure to take a mission is a lot higher for LDS kids attending BYU, and to a lesser extent the other Utah schools due to peer pressure. That peer pressure likely isn't as strong elsewhere (with the possible exception of Hawai'i).
Old 10-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #220
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
It's probably a bigger issue for BYU recruits than for most other schools. The vast majority of LDS recruits that have come to the UW - even the ones that were sure they would take a mission - never ended up leaving to take their mission. I would suspect the pressure to take a mission is a lot higher for LDS kids attending BYU, and to a lesser extent the other Utah schools due to peer pressure. That peer pressure likely isn't as strong elsewhere (with the possible exception of Hawai'i).

I know it's a big issue for Utah and Utah State but you are correct on the level it is with BYU, but I wouldn't necessarily call it peer pressure. They are going to BYU because it fits into the plans and they have the coaching to have them ready when they get off their mission.

I am just curious as we are starting to see a lot more LDS athletes recruited into schools outside of Utah and how most of them see it.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #221
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I know it's a big issue for Utah and Utah State but you are correct on the level it is with BYU, but I wouldn't necessarily call it peer pressure. They are going to BYU because it fits into the plans and they have the coaching to have them ready when they get off their mission.
Maybe peer pressure is the wrong phrasing; I would agree that LDS kids more inclined to want to take their mission are probably more inclined to pick BYU if offered.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #222
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Nkemdiche talks about the family turmoil surrounding his recruiting and seems to admit that things are quite completely over just yet.

Robert Nkemdiche: Clemson’s star recruit says family is torn between colleges | AJC College Sports Recruiting
Old 10-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #223
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Eddie Printz Jr. commited to Mizzou yesterday while in Columbia.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #224
MrBug708
Head Coach

Haha...good luck with that
Old 10-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #225
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

#1 G in the nation David Dawson decommitted from Michigan and will obviously look at other schools. Hoke's policy is if you look elsewhere after you commit, Michigan doesn't keep coming after you. He's a Cass Tech guy, which is a virtual pipeline for Michigan. It will be interesting to see where he goes because I don't see him coming back.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #226
Kodos
Resident Alien

4* DE David Kenney has decommitted from Iowa and it appears he will be committing to Indiana in the immediate future. This program is making big strides. Lots of excitement around this team!

David Kenney (BasedObama) on Twitter
Old 10-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #227
tarcone
Coordinator

Saw that. Too bad for Iowa. But Im surprised he committed to Iowa with his Dad on the IU staff.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #228
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
#1 G in the nation David Dawson decommitted from Michigan and will obviously look at other schools. Hoke's policy is if you look elsewhere after you commit, Michigan doesn't keep coming after you. He's a Cass Tech guy, which is a virtual pipeline for Michigan. It will be interesting to see where he goes because I don't see him coming back.

This is a stupid rule for coaches to have. UCLA had it with Toledo and half of the "uncommitted" top guys have probably already told a coach that he was going there anyways.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:47 AM   #229
Kodos
Resident Alien

Steve Wiltfong ‏@SWiltfong247
Indianapolis North Central Top100 DL Darius Latham tells me he decommitted from Wisconsin. http://wisconsin.247...-has-13149131 … via @247Sports

Another 4-star player decommits from a Big Ten team and is rumored to be bound for IU...
Old 10-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #230
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

THat would sting...
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:53 PM   #231
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
4* DE David Kenney has decommitted from Iowa and it appears he will be committing to Indiana in the immediate future. This program is making big strides. Lots of excitement around this team!

David Kenney (BasedObama) on Twitter

Alright, Kenney has committed to IU. Now to get Latham and some of the other top guys in-state to commit.

Jordan Littman ‏@jlittman93

Pike HS defensive end David Kenney commits to IU: Hoosier Hype | Indiana Daily Student | idsnews.com | Four-star David Kenney commits to IU … #IUFB
Expand
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #232
Kodos
Resident Alien

4-star athlete Rashard Fant out of Georgia committed to IU today. These are heady days for a team that is used to subsisting on a diet of 2- and 3-star players. It is reported that Darius Latham is going to commit as well. Just a matter of when.

Last edited by Kodos : 10-24-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #233
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Hows this for the new mission rules hitting BYU hard.

Almost every single one of the 2013 commits have stated they will be leaving on their missions almost immediately.

That is a major blow, meaning we will have to hit the JUCO ranks harder than ever to combat this.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #234
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Michigan got a 2014 commit from a 6'9" OL. Hell, put him on the basketball team and have him play center.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:31 PM   #235
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Michigan adds a 3* WR in DaMario Jones.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #236
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
4 star S Max Redfield committed to USC today.

And decommitted with the Irish being in the lead.

USC Trojans recruit Max Redfield announces decommitment - ESPN
Old 11-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #237
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
And decommitted with the Irish being in the lead.

USC Trojans recruit Max Redfield announces decommitment - ESPN

I think he will end up at Oregon if not at USC.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-05-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #238
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I think he will end up at Oregon if not at USC.
Oregon is a definite possibility, but it sure sounds like Notre Dame is the school really tugging at his heart.

Also, Eddie Vanderdoes has set up official visits, including one to Washington this weekend. Chances are extremely slim he'll end up with the Huskies, but you never know - kid could have a fantastic visit, and with Tosh recruiting him, you can never say "never".
Old 11-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #239
MrBug708
Head Coach

Oregon can wow Max for sure. But Notre Dame has long been the fear.

Who knows what Vanderdoes will do.

Tahaan Goodman can announce he is no longer a silent to sc
Old 11-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #240
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Nkemdiche talks about the family turmoil surrounding his recruiting and seems to admit that things are quite completely over just yet.

Robert Nkemdiche: Clemson’s star recruit says family is torn between colleges | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Reports are that Mr. Nkemdiche has decommitted from Clemson and visiting Ole Miss again soon.

The joke amongst Ga Tech fans is that Dan Radakovich is already slashing Clemson's "recruiting budget."
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #241
MrBug708
Head Coach

Isaac Savaiinaea to UCLA?
Old 11-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #242
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Isaac Savaiinaea to UCLA?
That one could go down to the wire. Even if he flips to UCLA now, I'd guess Stanford keeps working him.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #243
MrBug708
Head Coach

Maybe Sark can use it to spin Jack to UW

Besides Isaac, UCLA is looking good for Priest Willis, Johnny Johnson, Devon Allen, and if Chizik gets fired, Carl Lawson. They will likely lose Bunte

Last edited by MrBug708 : 11-08-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:25 AM   #244
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Besides Isaac, UCLA is looking good for Priest Willis, Johnny Johnson, Devon Allen, and if Chizik gets fired, Carl Lawson. They will likely lose Bunte
From what I'm reading, Jack has been leaning UW for a while now - he just hasn't decided to go public with a switch yet, but I'd be mildly surprised if he didn't sign with the Huskies.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #245
MrBug708
Head Coach

That's interesting. Most I have seen on him is that local pressure has been pushing him tp uw, but he is just saying things to get people off his back. We will see
Old 11-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #246
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Willis is a manchild, probably a safety next level, has Ronnie Lott potential. We didn't play Marcos, but I saw film on him a couple of times against our opponents.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 11-09-2012 at 08:58 AM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #247
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That's interesting. Most I have seen on him is that local pressure has been pushing him tp uw, but he is just saying things to get people off his back. We will see
Who knows really. Kids are getting more and more media savvy. Could be he's just placating the locals and teammates but is solid to UCLA; could be he's strongly leaning UW but doesn't want to make anything public. I've also heard rumors that if Georgia were to offer he'd jump on it (he's originally from Georgia).

He's been to every Husky home game so far FWIW.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #248
MrBug708
Head Coach

He is a local kid so that doesn't surprise me. Plus his teammate is a verbal to UW. FWIW, Huffman thinks it will be tough to keep him
Old 11-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #249
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Reports are that Mr. Nkemdiche has decommitted from Clemson and visiting Ole Miss again soon.

The joke amongst Ga Tech fans is that Dan Radakovich is already slashing Clemson's "recruiting budget."

I have a tad bit of inside intel here...and oh boy.
Remind me and I'll post a whale of a story after NSD...this one is crazy.

Robert is still a great kid and I'll pull for him wherever he ends up. And if I were a betting man, Id wager Ill get to watch him a bunch the next few years,
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #250
MacroGuru
Coordinator

So, I don't know where to post this, but I think the scheduling we are getting plus being on ESPN will help with some recruiting at BYU.

This would be the season I might end up traveling to Provo a lot from Buffalo if I can afford to. Texas, Utah, Georgia Tech and Boise are all coming to Provo. With games against Virginia, Houston, Utah State and Wisconsin it is one hell of a schedule. I think Hawaii will be the weakest of our opponents in the entire schedule. We can add an extra game here with us going to Hawaii, I don't think we will.

Aug. 31 -- at Virginia
Sept. 7 -- Texas
Sept. 14 --
Sept. 21 -- Utah
Sept. 28 --
Oct. 4 -- at Utah State
Oct. 12 -- Georgia Tech
Oct. 19 -- at Houston
Oct. 26 -- Boise State
Nov. 2 --
Nov. 9 -- at Wisconsin
Nov. 16 -- Middle Tennessee State
Nov. 23 -- at Notre Dame
Nov. 30 --
Dec. 7 -- at Hawaii
BOWL: Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl in San Francisco vs. Pac-12 #6
We have Notre Dame coming to Provo this year (Date not sure) with Virginia, Houston, Utah State and Southern Miss. We are playing at Texas, Boise and Middle Tennessee so far. We will add a few more games.

Aug. 30 -- ??
Sept. 6 -- at Texas
Sept. 13 -- ????
Sept. 20 -- Virginia
Sept. 27 -- Houston
Oct. 4 -- Utah State
Oct. 11 -- ???
Oct. 18 -- Hawaii
Oct. 25 -- at Boise State
Nov. 1 -- at Middle Tennessee State
Nov. 8 -- Southern Mississippi
Nov. 15 -- UNLV