Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-26-2009, 02:54 AM   #201
rjolley
College Starter

Just wanted to say, My Player is an extremely fun way to play a basketball game. I created a center and went to summer league with the Heat. I played well, but didn't get invited to their training camp. I did, however, have multiple offers, and chose Da Bullz. I am now the 11th or 12th man looking to move out Aaron Gray. I played up to our first game and got in versus the Spurs. We lost, but I had 4 pts and 3 rebs in 5 minutes. A very nice debut.

Hopefully, I can grow this 50 rated player into a solid backup, and maybe a solid starter.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:04 PM   #202
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hmm - maybe i'll try my player today
Old 12-26-2009, 12:21 PM   #203
whomario
Pro Starter

My Player imo is a year or two away from being polished and the lack of customization is a killer for me. No slider adjustments possible and especially no adjustments possible for the season length or an ability to sim games.
Seriously, i get maybe 10-12 seasons in with association by doing a 58 game schedule and playing about 20 games + playoffs each season at 10 minutes a game.
So even when i adjust the minutes to 5 minutes iīm not going to be close to reaching a full career cycle.

The NBA schedule as it is isnīt made for a my-player type game (NHL isnīt either, the NFL or College games are).

I do agree however that it is very fun to play as your guy against proven veterans !

Currently iīm waiting for the PC Patch. Will send in my 360 in with the RROD and afterwards sell it, fed up beyond repair with that thing ...
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:41 PM   #204
rjolley
College Starter

I agree, they have things to work on, but it's still a fun way to play the game.

What kind of customizations would you want to see?

Personally, I rarely play more than 10 games a season in my association. This will actually be the first time I consider playing a lot more than that in a season. Since I'm currently in the game for a few minutes a night, I can get quite a few done in a gaming session.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #205
bhlloy
Coordinator

It's definitely a lot of fun for a while (more fun than I have had in a sports sim game for a long time), but the substitution logic killed it for me. I was a 5'9 PG with better shooting ratings than passing/handling ratings and the game would regularly sub me in at SG and SF - sometimes putting me up against guys 6'10 or above. I actually don't think I got in at PG once the entire first quarter of the season I played.

On top of that I would have games where I was constantly subbed in and out every single possession, which is ridiculous when it comes to trying to get into the flow of the game. Especially when you are being subbed in on the defensive possessions and back out again for the offensive ones. That was annoying as hell.

It's bizarre, the AI seems to handle subs in the game pretty well usually but when it comes to My Player and the additional considerations, it just seems to take a giant dump.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:55 PM   #206
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post

What kind of customizations would you want to see?

the same things we have for association basically, season length, sim games, slider changes in game/season , stuff like that.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #207
rjolley
College Starter

The rotations are definitely odd. My center is playing for the Bulls and often, they'll have me in at C with some combo of Miller/Gray/Noah in as the SF and PF. Talk about a horrible front court...
Old 12-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #208
rjolley
College Starter

Speaking of MyPlayer, found this video over at Operation Sports. The kid has stupid hops...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0skngmHpxEU

Last edited by rjolley : 12-26-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:53 PM   #209
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
then again i'm on a pc, so i'm still pre-patch

How are you liking the PC version? The Steam sale is tempting me.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:30 PM   #210
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
How are you liking the PC version? The Steam sale is tempting me.

even without the patch i'm still enjoying the PC version. i haven't gone deep into an association because i know there are issues, but i'm enjoying it. as with any game of this sort you gotta find your slider-settings, but it's a lot more fun than 2k9
Old 12-26-2009, 11:11 PM   #211
rjolley
College Starter

Have they been able to mod the PC version?
Old 12-26-2009, 11:13 PM   #212
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Have they been able to mod the PC version?

yeppers

NBA Live Series Center • Index page

is the site i use to get mods for it
Old 12-26-2009, 11:29 PM   #213
rjolley
College Starter

Should've known they'd do the mods. Used their work for NBA Live.

Thanks for the info.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:32 PM   #214
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

How is the PC version? I heard it's pretty buggy and they still have yet to release a patch. Just wondering 'cause they have it on sale @ Steam and this is the last day of the sales.

I would love the PC version to run a dynasty - figured it would be easier to pull stats, rosters, ect on the PC version.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #215
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

PC patch is supposed to be out this month CleBrown - they're doing just one patch for PC and combining the patch 1 they released for consoles and the patch 2 they're releasing for consoles this month.

kinda sucks for us PC people, but it was also hella cheaper for us, so that's a plus. i'd grab it. i wouldn't say it's "very buggy" at all, although i don't think you can play an association long-term right now due to some of the bugs that will be corrected in that
Old 01-02-2010, 04:42 PM   #216
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Thanks DaddyT - how are the export of stats? Will it be good to write up dynasty reports?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 01-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #217
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm not sure - never tried exporting them - a couple guys are doing dynasties - not sure if they're using the PC version.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #218
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i could run a test and try exporting some stats for you tonight if you want Cle...
Old 01-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #219
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

that would be sweet - thanks!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 01-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #220
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
i'm not sure - never tried exporting them - a couple guys are doing dynasties - not sure if they're using the PC version.

I'm using the PS3 version for mine. Outside of being massively disappointed with the ability to save Instant Replays, I really haven't looked into any sort of export capabilities.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:17 PM   #221
sooner333
College Starter

Is there any way to go into a new association with the downloaded rosters but to have the injured players in the rotation to start the year?
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:33 AM   #222
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
Is there any way to go into a new association with the downloaded rosters but to have the injured players in the rotation to start the year?

When you start a new association with the downloaded roster, all the injuries are removed.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:49 AM   #223
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
When you start a new association with the downloaded roster, all the injuries are removed.

But I'm not sure that the rotations are. Maybe I'm wrong, but I could have almost sworn it's true.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:44 AM   #224
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
But I'm not sure that the rotations are. Maybe I'm wrong, but I could have almost sworn it's true.

I think are rest too, but even of not, as the AI takes over the team as soon as you start an association, even if are not real rotations to start with, the AI will fix them asap and will put for example Yao Ming as starter for the rockets etc.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:43 AM   #225
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I'm not sure what the deal is but my defensive skills suck in this game, I'm getting so frustrated I think I'm going to just end up playing as Coach Mode.

Last edited by Balldog : 01-03-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #226
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i can view stats but there's not an easy export as far as i can see - that being said - theres a full list of advanced stats (PER, efficiency, true shooting percentage, etc.) as well as all the usual stats that i suppose you could just screenshot. i looked around but didn't see anyone with beautifully uploaded dynasties featuring lots of stats (then again i didn't see a lot of dynasties yet, since for PC there are well-known bugs that make long-term associations problematic).
Old 01-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #227
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Thanks for looking DaddyT - I'll probably hold off. I have plenty of other games to keep me busy - plus I already have the 360 version of 2k10 (and never play it). I was just looking to do a decent dynasty with the PC version.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 01-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #228
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

cool beans
Old 01-04-2010, 06:23 PM   #229
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
On top of that I would have games where I was constantly subbed in and out every single possession, which is ridiculous when it comes to trying to get into the flow of the game. Especially when you are being subbed in on the defensive possessions and back out again for the offensive ones. That was annoying as hell.

It's bizarre, the AI seems to handle subs in the game pretty well usually but when it comes to My Player and the additional considerations, it just seems to take a giant dump.

Yeah, I'm getting this now. I created one of my favourite FBCB guys in My Player mode, a 6'4 scoring PG, and ended up on the Celtics. I just displaced Rondo as the starter (after scoring 56 points off the bench), and now I'm finding, especially in the 4th Q of blowouts, that I get subbed out, quick sim, and 30 seconds later, I'm being brought back in again, for the entire quarter. Very frustrating and time consuming.

Great mode though, hopefully they iron out the bugs in 2K11.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:51 PM   #230
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I'm finding, especially in the 4th Q of blowouts, that I get subbed out, quick sim, and 30 seconds later, I'm being brought back in again, for the entire quarter. Very frustrating and time consuming.

I see the CPU doing this with some regularity every time play is stopped in association mode games. I haven't really noticed a pattern with what causes it to start but it seems a general rotation bug.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #231
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I see the CPU doing this with some regularity every time play is stopped in association mode games. I haven't really noticed a pattern with what causes it to start but it seems a general rotation bug.

In association mode I've notice it happen whenever a team gets a guy or two in foul trouble. In the 4th Q they start subbing at every stoppage.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #232
rjolley
College Starter

2nd patch changes have been announced: NBA 2K10 Patch Notes for January - 2K Sports Forums

The patch is in the hands of MS and Sony and should be to us within a couple of weeks. The PC guys will have to wait a bit, but their patch is on the way as well.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #233
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
2nd patch changes have been announced: NBA 2K10 Patch Notes for January - 2K Sports Forums

The patch is in the hands of MS and Sony and should be to us within a couple of weeks. The PC guys will have to wait a bit, but their patch is on the way as well.

*dies* i want a pc patch for this damn game!

without having played a first-patch product i can't even tell if these second patch changes are any good.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-05-2010 at 01:05 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #234
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

Definitely looking forward to this. The game is so close to being something I could play for a really long time, but every time I build up some momentum I see something that just kills the immersion and pulls me away and has me putting it down for a few days.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:34 PM   #235
rjolley
College Starter

The 2nd patch has been released on the PS3.

The 360 and PC release dates haven't been mentioned yet, but MS is in the approval process for the 360.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:23 AM   #236
whomario
Pro Starter

well in that case i might just need to get my 360 fixed afterall ... You just register it online and send it in to Microsoft, right ? (RROD problem)
Old 01-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #237
weegeebored
High School Varsity

I wound up purchasing this via Steam during the holiday sale and I like it. And I'm waiting for the patch like everyone else. Does anyone know how to permanently stop the attempted install of the .NET 2.0 framework if you have already have 3.0 installed? It's annoying to have to keep canceling that install before getting to the game. I'm assuming that the game is doing that but I guess it could be the Steam client.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #238
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegeebored View Post
I wound up purchasing this via Steam during the holiday sale and I like it. And I'm waiting for the patch like everyone else. Does anyone know how to permanently stop the attempted install of the .NET 2.0 framework if you have already have 3.0 installed? It's annoying to have to keep canceling that install before getting to the game. I'm assuming that the game is doing that but I guess it could be the Steam client.

no idea on .net 2.0 framework, but it irritates me everytime as well
Old 01-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #239
sabotai
General Manager

What controller are you using for the PC? I have an old one that doesn't control the players too well (and seems to lose connection going into the drills), and the keyboard controls were worse.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #240
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm using a logitech dual action and it works fine. only issue i have with it is the same one i had with 2k9 - the "1,2,3,4" buttons don't map correctly so if you're going to select a play or something you have to keep that in mind. IIRC there used to be some sort of fix for that...haven't bothered to look for it with this new laptop though
Old 01-16-2010, 03:30 PM   #241
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegeebored View Post
Does anyone know how to permanently stop the attempted install of the .NET 2.0 framework if you have already have 3.0 installed? It's annoying to have to keep canceling that install before getting to the game. I'm assuming that the game is doing that but I guess it could be the Steam client.

Its not the best answer b/c you shouldn't need it, but you could just install it. I have ..NET 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 all installed with no negative effects. That does of course assume that Steam wouldn't go and uninstall all other versions for you, I dunno about that.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #242
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

.net 2.0 won't install if you already have a higher version installed though radii
Old 01-16-2010, 03:54 PM   #243
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
.net 2.0 won't install if you already have a higher version installed though radii

ahhh, i did not realize that, gotcha.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #244
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
What controller are you using for the PC? I have an old one that doesn't control the players too well (and seems to lose connection going into the drills), and the keyboard controls were worse.
I am using an old Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power. It works fine even after I cracked off the right analog stick. A little glue and all is good. For now.

Quote:
Yeah. It's no big deal just a bit annoying. I suppose that I could uninstall 3.0 and then let the game install 2.0 and then reinstall 3 but I could wind up in the same place that I am right now.

Thanks for the replies.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #245
Groundhog
Coordinator

Anyone else finding that after the latest patch guys are shooting 3s in simmed games that have no business shooting 3s? At first I thought it was the roster I was using, but on the Bulls I've got Noah and DeJuan Blair both putting up 2 or 3 triples a game, despite having a rating of 0 or near 0 for 3 pointers.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #246
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Anyone else finding that after the latest patch guys are shooting 3s in simmed games that have no business shooting 3s? At first I thought it was the roster I was using, but on the Bulls I've got Noah and DeJuan Blair both putting up 2 or 3 triples a game, despite having a rating of 0 or near 0 for 3 pointers.

Yeah this is an issue. The fix is turning off player roles and I believe one other thing. It's in the OS forums I know. There is a workaround out there for it at least.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #247
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Yeah this is an issue. The fix is turning off player roles and I believe one other thing. It's in the OS forums I know. There is a workaround out there for it at least.

The problem though is that you can't turn off player roles in an ongoing association. So you either start over or don't patch.

As for me, I'm not starting over. Over all I'm happy with the game as is and will only patch if they put out a fix for the three point shooting bug. YMMV.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:35 PM   #248
bhlloy
Coordinator

Fricking awesome. Guess I'm glad I haven't connected to XBox live in a couple of weeks otherwise I would have patched and installed. How the hell do you miss something like this in testing?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:04 PM   #249
markprior22
High School Varsity

Patch isn't out for 360 yet AFAIK. Just PS3 for now.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:15 PM   #250
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
Patch isn't out for 360 yet AFAIK. Just PS3 for now.

360 patch coming in 72 hours according to OS. I'm on PC so hopefully that's coming too....
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote