A Johnson (HOU)
G Jennings (GB)
C. Johnson (TEN)

This much I know, but now, who do I start:

Ray Rice vs NE?
Glen Coffee vs STL?
McFadden vs HOU?
P Harvin vs GB?

I have to start another running back, and I have a flex spot. This isn't a PPR league, Harvin is promising (A TD per week), but I'll miss the additional yardage. Coffee and McFadden should get much of the touches, but Oakland is Oakland. Ray Rice is a superflex. My league really devalues the running/catching runningback, I may overvalue, but I'd rather have a guy catch for 50 and run for 50 (10 points) - which is why I hesistate with Coffee (but it is against St. Louis).

Such is my dilemma, right now, I'm thinking Rice and Coffee.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #202
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I'd say Coffee is a given because St. Louis have been horrific.

The other three are toss-ups, I think.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:41 PM   #203
henry296
College Starter

Here is fun one. Kurt Warner on a bye and I draft Bulger as a backup and he is out... so I need somebody from the scrap heap:

Derek Anderson vs. Cin
Seneca Wallace vs. Ind
Stafford vs. Chi
Josh Johnson vs. Was
Kyle Boller vs. SF
Chad Henne vs. Buf
Old 10-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #204
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
You should always plan for the RB/WR flex spot to be a RB, and draft that way.

Don't drop Stewart (although he's clearly a #2, he's good insurance for Williams). But, you could drop either Bryant or Edwards for Bradshaw - no need to keep them around, and Leon Washington is more valuable than either.

Gonna drop Bryant, grab Brashaw and we'll see what happens.

Bit of a dilemma here, do I start Brees against the Jets, or Palmer against the Browns? I'm leaning towards Palmer, but I just can't seem to pull the trigger and put Brees on the bench.

EDIT: Scratch that, apparently Bradshaw has already been claimed. T. Choice is out there, I'm assuming he should be seeing a good amount of action with Jones out for a bit and Barber a bit iffy?

Last edited by JS19 : 10-02-2009 at 10:18 PM.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #205
mrsimperless
College Prospect

I have a conundrum this week.

Should I start Percy Harvin or Steve Smith (NYG)?
Old 10-03-2009, 10:08 AM   #206
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Here is fun one. Kurt Warner on a bye and I draft Bulger as a backup and he is out... so I need somebody from the scrap heap:

Derek Anderson vs. Cin
Seneca Wallace vs. Ind
Stafford vs. Chi
Josh Johnson vs. Was
Kyle Boller vs. SF
Chad Henne vs. Buf

Either Anderson or Wallace, I think. Wallace is probably the safer choice - he actually looked pretty good against the Bears, and they're defense has to be better than Indy's. But you could also roll the dice with Anderson. Maybe last week was an aberration and this week he airs it out to Edwards in order to keep up with Palmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Bit of a dilemma here, do I start Brees against the Jets, or Palmer against the Browns? I'm leaning towards Palmer, but I just can't seem to pull the trigger and put Brees on the bench.

I don't think you can bench Brees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless View Post
Should I start Percy Harvin or Steve Smith (NYG)?

Harvin until he slows down, plus I have this feeling that the Giants are just going to pound away at KC.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #207
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Either Anderson or Wallace, I think. Wallace is probably the safer choice - he actually looked pretty good against the Bears, and they're defense has to be better than Indy's. But you could also roll the dice with Anderson. Maybe last week was an aberration and this week he airs it out to Edwards in order to keep up with Palmer.

I actually don't think I would start Wallace here. Indy was solid against the pass last year and is currently ranked #10 in pass yards allowed right now. But they've only allowed 1 passing TD so far this year, tied for #2. Add that up with an inexperienced QB and the only thing Seneca has going for him is that Freeney is out.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #208
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Harvin until he slows down, plus I have this feeling that the Giants are just going to pound away at KC.

I agree with this and that was my initial thought as well. However, I have a flex spot which I currently have McFadden in. I could always bench either McFadden or Ryan Grant (leaning towards Grant) and then put Smith in the flex... The only thing that worries me is that Hakeem Nicks should be back this week potentially taking some of Smith's targets away.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #209
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post

Derek Anderson vs. Cin
Seneca Wallace vs. Ind
Stafford vs. Chi
Josh Johnson vs. Was
Kyle Boller vs. SF
Chad Henne vs. Buf

Anderson I think. Maybe Stafford though. It's a scrap heap, that's for certain.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:57 PM   #210
JS19
College Prospect

Totally screwed this week. 5 of my typical starters are on bye weeks or injured, and one of my immediate backups is out too. Decided to go with the gut and start Palmer against the Browns, rather than Brees against the Jets....hope I don't regret that one.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:14 AM   #211
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Add me to the list of people starting Palmer against the Browns...instead of Brady vs the Ravens.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:12 AM   #212
TLK
Pro Starter

Two questions and probably second-guessing myself with both of them...

M. Schuab vs. OAK or
C. Palmer @ CLE

S. Slaton vs. OAK or
A. Bradshaw @ KC

Normal scoring with no-ppr and huge bonuses for long TD plays.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:21 AM   #213
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I'd go with Palmer for the match up, and then the other one is a bit harder, but I think I'd start Slaton.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:42 PM   #214
mrsimperless
College Prospect

So Sims-Walker and Steve Smith (NYG) were both on my bench this week and both had 2 TDs... I may just lose because of this.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #215
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I was really dumb and went with Jason Campbell instead of Garrard because of the matchup...
Old 10-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #216
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

BTW it looks like Steve Smith (NYG) is becoming a must start every week, I wanted to see what happened when Hakeem Nicks came back, but Smith just got better with nicks back.

Sims-Walker might also become a must start every week if Garrard is finding his rhythm now.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:29 PM   #217
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Anderson I think. Maybe Stafford though. It's a scrap heap, that's for certain.

Went with Anderson. So far 5th highest points for a QB although Big Ben should pass him soon. Wallace wasn't a bad choice with about 3 less points.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:09 PM   #218
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
I'd go with Palmer for the match up, and then the other one is a bit harder, but I think I'd start Slaton.

Hoped you listened to me, because I think I got it quite right.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:22 AM   #219
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
Hoped you listened to me, because I think I got it quite right.

Well, I didn't listen and it's going to cost me. I played Schuab over Palmer. Tied up going into tonight. I have Jermichael Finley going and they have Sidney Rice going. It's not looking good. Thanks for the help though.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #220
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Any help would be appreciated. I need 8 points to win (a TD and twenty yards).

I have Percy Harvin and Greg Jennings available, but I can only start one...

Harvin has scored 11 points since week 1; Jennings has a wrist injury but scored 10 points last week (after a zero the prior week).

This game is emotional, I'm sure that GB will want to take Farve to task; but it is a home game for the Vikings.

Am I overthinking? Do I stick with Jennings? (Harvin's Kick Returns/Punt Retun TDs would count if it would occur)?

I need this win...please help
Thx
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:37 PM   #221
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Okay-
Just so I don't go insane. To a man, everyone in here would have played Thomas Jones over Mendenhall, right? I'm kicking myself for not playing Rashard, but I don't think you really could expect even 10 points from him, let alone the 28 or so he scored in my league.

At least Slaton finally had a good game.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #222
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Qwik, I'd start Jennings.

steve, I would have done TJ over Mendenhall. I thought Moore would get more (npi) of the action than a just-benched Mendenhall.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #223
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Okay-
Just so I don't go insane. To a man, everyone in here would have played Thomas Jones over Mendenhall, right? I'm kicking myself for not playing Rashard, but I don't think you really could expect even 10 points from him, let alone the 28 or so he scored in my league.

At least Slaton finally had a good game.

Well, I picked him up before the game but didn't start him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:52 PM   #224
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

stevew--I would have made the same call as you.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #225
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
To a man, everyone in here would have played Thomas Jones over Mendenhall, right?

Yep. Until yesterday the Steelers had shown nothing but problems trying to rush, and Mendenhall had shown nothing, not even to mention being benched the week before. His performance was completely unexpected.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:27 PM   #226
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Matt Schaub or Kurt Warner next week? (Play each other)

Brian Westbrook (vs. TB) or Willis McGahee (vs. CIN)
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #227
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Schaub slightly over Warner, slightly more if your league doesn't discount interceptions all that much. But I think that's a tossup.

Westbrook over McGahee. TB has, I believe, the worst, or close to the worst run D in the league and just allowed Portis (who's done zilch all year) to rush for almost 100 yards on them.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #228
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I'd ride McGahee until he shows us not to. He's scored in 6 straight.

But maybe wait to see how Westbrook is practicing this week.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #229
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Tonight I'm Jennings/Packers D and I'm up by 11. He has Harvin, Grant, Longwell.

I hate MNF.

I've actually considered starting a league/lobbying for in the present one, exclusion of MNF from our fantasy league. And possibly even SNF. I'd really like to know if I won or lost by 8pm sunday night.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:46 PM   #230
henry296
College Starter

I mentioned this in the NFL thread, but I have a 48 point lead and own the tiebreaker vs. Rodgers, AP, Jennings and Harvin. Let's hope for a 10-7 game.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #231
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
Well, I didn't listen and it's going to cost me. I played Schuab over Palmer. Tied up going into tonight. I have Jermichael Finley going and they have Sidney Rice going. It's not looking good. Thanks for the help though.

Finley with the 60 + Yard Touchdown!! hahaha I think you got it!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #232
henry296
College Starter

Vikes recover on the onside kick and I'll hold on.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #233
DataKing
Pro Rookie

The last sack by Jared Allen gave me a draw for the week, despite my opponent having the 49ers defense. Needless to say, he's pissed.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #234
MikeVic
Head Coach

I've been offered Steven Jackson and John Carlson for Rashard Mendenhall and my 2nd round pick next year. I have Chris Johnson, Pierre Thomas, and Tim Hightower as my other RBs. But my TEs are Greg Olsen and Marcades Lewis. This doesn't seem very tempting, but what do you think?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #235
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

.5 PPR, all TDs worth 6 pts

My WRs:
Megatron
TO
Holt
Breaston
A. Gonzalez
My RBs:
S. Jackson
Grant
Portis
Jones
Ward

I was just offered RB Fred Jackson in exchange for WR Terrell Owens, is it time to give up on Owens yet? And now that Lynch is back, is that going to reduce most of Jackson's value? I've liked Jackson so far this year, but does Buffalo feel the same?

Oh, as for who should I start:
Matt Ryan @ SF
Carson Palmer @ Bal
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:15 AM   #236
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I've been offered Steven Jackson and John Carlson for Rashard Mendenhall and my 2nd round pick next year. I have Chris Johnson, Pierre Thomas, and Tim Hightower as my other RBs. But my TEs are Greg Olsen and Marcades Lewis. This doesn't seem very tempting, but what do you think?

Not even a little bit. Carlson hasn't done anything since week 1, and Steven Jackson has yet to find the end zone. He's going to be facing 8-in-the-box all year. Sounds to me like someone is fishing. Don't bite.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 10-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #237
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
The last sack by Jared Allen gave me a draw for the week, despite my opponent having the 49ers defense. Needless to say, he's pissed.

Welcome to the opposite of my world. I was going into the game with a comfortable lead and he had Jennings, Allen, and Winfield. Anyway, I end up losing because of Allen and Winfield (tackles are a premium in our league too). And I had Patrick Willis and the Dolphins defense.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #238
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
I was just offered RB Fred Jackson in exchange for WR Terrell Owens, is it time to give up on Owens yet? And now that Lynch is back, is that going to reduce most of Jackson's value? I've liked Jackson so far this year, but does Buffalo feel the same?

Oh, as for who should I start:
Matt Ryan @ SF
Carson Palmer @ Bal

I just can't see the Jackson/TO deal working out in your favor. I'm not a Bills insider, but I just can't see Jackson remaining the main guy in the Bills backfield now that Lynch is back. And sure TO is off to a slow start, but we're still talking about a guy with double-digit touchdowns three years running. I'd stick with TO.

As for Ryan or Palmer this week...flip a coin. Neither is a very good matchup, and I can't see one having much of an advantage over the other.

My turn. I've got two potential decisions to make this week.

#1. WR3: Sidney Rice vs. STL or Chris Cooley vs. CAR? I'm thinking Rice. He's been on a nice run lately and I was actually able to pick him up in waivers this week. I've been using Cooley as my #3 mostly as of late since Anthony Gonzalez went down week 1.

#2. QB: David Garrard vs. SEA or Kerry Collins vs. IND? I only need to make this decision if Coughlin sits Eli this week. Garrard seems like the smart play, but maybe the Titans have to chuck the ball a lot once they fall behind to the Colts (my league doesn't penalize for INTs)? Or am I falling down the "situational" rabbit hole?
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 10-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #239
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post

Not tempting at all, especially if this is a dynasty league.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #240
sooner333
College Starter

I have Jacobs, Gore, Choice, Coffee, and Chester Taylor at RB. I have two start two. Obviously Gore is out. Would you start Choice v. Kansas City (with the possibility of Barber coming in and stealing TD's like last week) or Coffee vs. Atlanta who will get all of the carries?

Also, I dropped A. Bryant last week because he was hurt and he's also on Tampa. We start three guys. I picked up Sidney Rice for this week, but that's a bit reactionary to last week. Would you considering making the switch back to Bryant for this week (we start 3 WR's, I have Cotchery, D Jackson, and V. Jackson (bye this week))?
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #241
Thomkal
Head Coach

I actually have an interesting dilemna-two leagues where I have QB's who likely will have good games, so the question remains who will have the better ones? "Normal" scoring ESPN leagues.

In one league I have Big Ben going against Detroit, but I also have a bye-rested Kurt Warner in a likely offensive explosion against Houston. I have Big Ben as my starter right now, but its hard for me to not take my Cardinals whenever I can.

In the other league I have Joe Flacco who gets to feast on Cleveland starting right now, but I also have Matt Ryan coming off a bye playing in SF. Ryan and the Falcons coming off a shaky road trip to New England, so went with Flacco since Atlanta's playing on the road

So who would you start of these?
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #242
stevew
Hall Of Famer

My only concern with Flacco this week(who I'm playing instead of Romo) is that the Ravens will build a big lead and just pound the ball after the half. And he'll maybe get 200 yards and a TD.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #243
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Eli Manning or McNabb.....
Celek or whatever the overdrafted TE in SFs name is....

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #244
cmp
Pro Rookie

Andre Johnson
Reggie Wayne
DeSean Jackson
Steve Smith (NYG)

Which three should I start?
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:05 PM   #245
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Andre, Reggie, and NYG Steve. I like DeSean - but you can't sit any of those other three the way they are playing.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #246
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

PS - that is a monster WR corp.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:34 PM   #247
henry296
College Starter

Ravens play Bengals this week, not Browns.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #248
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Last week, going into Sunday Night Football, I was ahead by 50 points - I had Sproles left, he had Rivers and Gates. By the end of the game, I was down by 1 point...then Rivers fumbled. The other guy gets -2 points for the fumble, putting me back ahead by 1 point. I wake up Monday morning to find out that the points for the New York Giants Defense were adjusted up by 2 points...and I lost by 1 point.

Now that I'm done whining about that...what do I do this week? Here's what I have:

Brian Westbrook vs. Tampa Bay
Ronnie Brown vs. New York Jets
Steve Slaton @ Arizona
Glen Coffee vs. Atlanta

I currently have Westbrook and Brown in there, but Atlanta is horrid against the run and SF will be giving Coffee the ball a lot. Also, if Slaton has finally figured it out, he could be a good play against the Cards...and I don't like Ronnie Brown much this week.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 10-09-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #249
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Coffee for sure. I wouldn't start Slaton (The Arizona run defense is unreal at home) I'd probably still stay away from westbrook until we know for sure for sure hes good and McCoy won't steal 50% of the carries. If Westbrook can get 70% of the carries I'd start him though.

Brown against the Jets reinvigorated run D is tough though. I guess its between Brown at home against a good run D, and Slaton on the road against a good run D.

Coffee and Brown.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #250
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

See, I think even a marginal Westbrook is a must play against TB...they're terrible. Especially after a bye. And Coffee...being a Niner fan, last week I had to watch him run it straight into the line EVERY TIME. It's like he was too worried that he'd screw it up for him to try to bounce it outside, even if there was absolutely no room up the middle and a gaping hole to the outside.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote