Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2008, 11:28 AM   #201
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
That is what happens when you sign Delta "8 interceptions makes lazy analysts think I'm really good, but I got beat deep 40 times during the same season" O'Neal.

That guy is absolute garbage. I'm amazed NFL GM's/coaches that actually make a living breaking down game film are still willing to give him a job. Bring back Troy Brown before signing that piece of trash.

+1
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #202
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Well, I felt like New England's defense needed to return to the 15ppg form of old for them to have a shot this season. So much for this season. They'll still get some wins over the weak teams, as they aren't a bad team, but I don't see them making noise in the playoffs this year.

Anybody know where Laurence Maroney went? I haven't seen him all season. Not sure who that is wearing his jersey on the field...

There are PIECES of this Pats team that are very strong. Unfortunately not enough pieces.

Maroney - I don't think he will ever be the player that he should be. Seems to be too fragile (shoulder injury again? really?) and that likely will preclude him ever learning that he shouldn't dance so much behind the line (although to his credit he has vastly improved this).

O-line - Needs help. Nuff said. Caught a couple career-years from some guys, and Light is good, but the rest is pretty meh.

There's something amiss on the d-line -- they seem not to be as fearsome (and you can't say wilfork/warren/seymour are OLD - seymour is the OLDEST and he's not really getting up there too much). Something's different with them though, or maybe again it is because of the problems with the linebackers not commanding as many blockers partially.

The linebackers - Adalius Thomas + Jerod Mayo are solid. Mayo is a rook though, and can't shoulder the load alone. Bruschi+Vrabel - love ya guys, but it's time to be situational players. Crable has contributed a bit and may develop into a strong player. I might argue that BB isn't using Thomas to the full extent of his freakish athletic abilities though.

The secondary - well they've got 2 young players (Meriweather+Wheatley). Jury is still out on those guys. And Ellis Hobbs, who is a stud of a return man and should be like the #4 corner. But other than that, it's a load of shit (yes this means you Rodney Harrison - sorry bucko, like Bruschi+Vrabel it's time to be a situational guy). Deltha O'Neil is probably no better than my 14 year old brother would be.

I suspect that BB was able to get by with subpar corners for a couple years as people were confused by the rest of his defenses, but now with the ageing of the LB-corps and the lack of pressure they're bringing (big part of it), the subpar corners are getting routinely exposed.

Obviously the team misses Brady. And maybe with him and the ability to put up 38ppg they would be cakewalking through the season, I don't know. But they've got some serious issues, that's for sure.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:56 AM   #203
Butter
Coordinator

I'll be the first one to admit I thought Matt Ryan would be a horrible bust as an NFL QB.

And he still might be. But what a hell of a play with 6 seconds left to make that throw and for Jenkins to make that catch in 5 seconds to give your team a chance. I hope the Falcons win the NFC South. That division is so damn wacky anyway, who knows what will happen from week to week.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:07 PM   #204
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Eli would throw some tape on that shit and not miss a beat, or cut it off Ronnie Lott style
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:08 PM   #205
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

awesome news, you should be happy Jeebs, he has looked like dogshit, granted that may be because the pinkie.

Romo= Overrated
Old 10-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #206
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:37 PM   #207
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I am hoping that the time out called by Wisenhut continues to haunt the Cowboys... There is a chance that at the end of the regular season Dallas will be tied for a wild card and a tie breaker for points for/against comes into play. Thanks to the time out that gave such euphoria for Cowboys fans, Dallas is now -3 more points in differential.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:14 PM   #208
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
ESPN - Source: Romo to miss four weeks with broken pinkie - NFL

BREAKING NEWS: Tony Romo to miss 4 weeks with a broken pinkie according to Michael Smith.

And Felix Jones is out 2-4 weeks with a hammy. Bigger deal IMO.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:10 PM   #209
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
And Felix Jones is out 2-4 weeks with a hammy. Bigger deal IMO.

lets not get crazy here.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:20 PM   #210
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
awesome news, you should be happy Jeebs, he has looked like dogshit, granted that may be because the pinkie.

Romo= Overrated

In what universe has Romo looked like dogshit? 103.0 QB rating, 8.4 YPA, almost a 3:1 TD:INT ratio. I don't understand how anyone could objectively make that claim and still pretend to be living in reality.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:26 PM   #211
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
In what universe has Romo looked like dogshit? 103.0 QB rating, 8.4 YPA, almost a 3:1 TD:INT ratio. I don't understand how anyone could objectively make that claim and still pretend to be living in reality.

easy.

I'm not objective.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:28 PM   #212
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
easy.

I'm not objective.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:36 PM   #213
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Allrighty

Tony Kornhole aside I am looking forward to a great night!!
Old 10-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #214
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Allrighty

Your boys better not dissapoint me. I need Jamal Lewis to get like 300 yards rushing for my fantasy team, but score 0 TD and I need the Browns to remain scoreless for my Hi/Low Picks. That is not asking too much I don't think.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #215
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Your boys better not dissapoint me. I need Jamal Lewis to get like 300 yards rushing for my fantasy team, but score 0 TD and I need the Browns to remain scoreless for my Hi/Low Picks. That is not asking too much I don't think.

I just put in the call...
Old 10-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #216
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

why is Eli growing a motorcycle cop mustache.

and throwing ints
Old 10-13-2008, 08:00 PM   #217
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post

Romo is one of those players that will play at a high level 90% of the time. When things keep going good, he'll keep playing good. It's those occasional times that when things start to go bad, it seems like he completely falls apart.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:07 PM   #218
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
easy.

I'm not objective.

Wow, I haven't literally LOLed in awhile.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:32 PM   #219
JediKooter
Coordinator

Finally the Chargers looked good on all sides of the ball. I have to say, the Patriots without Tom Brady and his ability to get rid of the ball quickly, is killing them right now.

Cassel has got to learn to not hold on to the ball so long, which made it kind of hard to tell if it was the Pats' O-line that was giving up the sacks or the fact that the quarterback held onto the ball too long. Nice to see Randy Moss hasn't forgotten how to quit on his team when his team is down.

Another good sign for the Chargers, they didn't give up much yardage on the run until they started putting in their 2nd and 3rd stringers late in the game. I would like to have seen how the Chargers would have played if Brady was not hurt. Would have been a good test to see if they really are superbowl contenders.

3-3, not the start I expected of the Chargers, more like 5-1 was my prediction. With that one loss being to the Brady version of the Patriots. Still lots of football left in the season and at this point, it could go either way for the Chargers. They keep playing like they did in Miami, they could finish 8-8 or worse, play like they did last night and they could finish 13-3 or 12-4.

All I can say is, go Patriots,beat Denver next week, please!!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:49 PM   #220
sabotai
General Manager

Browns have done an excellent job picking up the blitz tonight. Anderson has had time on every throw.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:04 PM   #221
Rizon
Pro Starter

NFC East ... what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:08 PM   #222
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
NFC East ... what?

please.

just stop embarresing yourself
Old 10-13-2008, 09:09 PM   #223
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Great end to a nice drive with the TD to Plex, it reminded me of the superbowl. Except in the superbowl Plex was way more open
Old 10-13-2008, 09:59 PM   #224
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I was watching Cleveland's latest drive and they are looking good - except for the stupid penalties. Anderson is getting time and checking off well.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:15 PM   #225
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

bad Eli
Old 10-13-2008, 10:16 PM   #226
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Jeez, Eli reverts back to his old self and makes a silly throw. Throws off his back foot completely and the Browns make a pick-six. . . Pending review.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:16 PM   #227
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Wow.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:20 PM   #228
larrymcg421
Head Coach

WTF are these people talking about? This two point conversion consensus drives me crazy.

There's only 8 minutes left in the game. What's the drawback of going for two here? The Giants will score two TD's and two FG's? Whatever.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:22 PM   #229
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

good thing the Giants have gone to the running game at this stage
Old 10-13-2008, 10:30 PM   #230
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Don't hurry up or anything, Giants.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:36 PM   #231
Buccaneer
Head Coach

It was so cool seeing the NFC East getting beat this weekend (except Eagles). Whodathink that the Titans would be the last unbeaten team.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #232
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Holy crap! The Browns didn't just beat down the Giants?!!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #233
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
It was so cool seeing the NFC East getting beat this weekend (except Eagles). Whodathink that the Titans would be the last unbeaten team.

Not I but I still think the Giants are the best team in football.

Everyone is going to lose games during the season, a road loss to a non conference opponent is about as good a loss you can have.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:40 PM   #234
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Allrighty

Old 10-13-2008, 10:41 PM   #235
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Not I but I still think the Giants are the best team in football.

Still not objective I see.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:46 PM   #236
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Still not objective I see.

none at all.

But in all seriousness if you had told me the Giants would open the season 4-1 I would be elated, especialy after Osi went down.

Eli played like crap but the defense really let us down. The Browns had third and short all day and Anderson had all day to throw the ball. The pass rush wasnt there and thats the Giants bread and butter.

Everyone has warts in the NFL and if the Giants arent the best team then who is?
Old 10-13-2008, 11:07 PM   #237
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
none at all.

But in all seriousness if you had told me the Giants would open the season 4-1 I would be elated, especialy after Osi went down.

Eli played like crap but the defense really let us down. The Browns had third and short all day and Anderson had all day to throw the ball. The pass rush wasnt there and thats the Giants bread and butter.

Everyone has warts in the NFL and if the Giants arent the best team then who is?

The Titans, who are undefeated still. Maybe the Lions though.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:43 PM   #238
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
The Titans, who are undefeated still. Maybe the Lions though.

Yeah, as a 30 year Oliers/Titans fan being 5-0 is awesome but like being #1 in the NCAA rankings after after week 5. Not too important. But what is peaking my interest is Titans got the Chiefs this weekend and The Colts at HOME the week after. So good chance we can go 7-0 and be up on the Colts and Fags (I mean Jags) by three games and it would really be 4 games since we would be in the drivers seat at 3-0 in division and 6-0 in confernce with 9 games reamining. Realistically looking at our remaining schedule I think 12-4 is a good target for the Titans which "should" give them one of the two top seeds in the AFC as the AFC South title. A lot of ifs here of course. Still with it looking like among the Ravens,Pats, Chargers,Jags only 1 playoff team comes out (likely the Chargers) or maybe none from that group we got a good shot.

Last edited by Galaril : 10-13-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:47 PM   #239
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Colts are playing really good right now.

I just dont know if the titans offense is good enough to keep them in certain games.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:52 PM   #240
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Colts are playing really good right now.

I just dont know if the titans offense is good enough to keep them in certain games.

That is what I a wondering too they looked awefully good against the Ravens. On the otherside I am wondering if the Colts offense can stand up to the Titans "D". the Ravens and Titans beat the living shit out each other last week and I really think that hurt the Ravens this week. The Colts have always been a finesse team especially on the Offensive side of the ball and with out Addai the Titans will be going after Manning big time. I am really more wooreid about the Chiefs game this weekend and wouldn't go near that game if I was a bettor for a million. Last thing on the Colts and this is huge Bob Sanders is out and still hasn't practiced. If he isn't near 100% and ready to go in two weeks advantage the Titans plus being at home helps.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:38 AM   #241
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

In a serious breakdown of things, I still lean towards the Giants as the best team in the league in all honesty. QB, RB, WRs, Defense, and I like them better then the Cowboys overall. The Colts defense is their problem and I can't consider them right now. The Chargers will battle with the Broncos, and those teams are good but not the best right now.

My problem with the Titans is QB, because to me it sounds like at some point this season they make the move back to Young from what I have heard Fisher say on NFL Radio.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #242
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
In a serious breakdown of things, I still lean towards the Giants as the best team in the league in all honesty. QB, RB, WRs, Defense, and I like them better then the Cowboys overall. The Colts defense is their problem and I can't consider them right now. The Chargers will battle with the Broncos, and those teams are good but not the best right now.

My problem with the Titans is QB, because to me it sounds like at some point this season they make the move back to Young from what I have heard Fisher say on NFL Radio.

I agree I worry about them going back to Young who has shown little as a starting QB. He really lloks to be a scrambler and that is it. At best he might be a Kordell Stewart type someday. Right now he is a tight end that throws the ball sometimes. I would trade him in the offseason but that is for another discussion.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #243
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Last night's game is what I get for openly rooting for any kind of New York team. I should have learned my lesson long ago that is making a deal with the devil. Thanks for messing me up in both my fantasy league and in the hi/low game!

Old 10-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #244
MikeVic
Head Coach

Steelers are the best team.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #245
TroyF
Coordinator

At this point, I'd say the Giants are the best team in football. . . but parity really is at it again. Every team has issues. The only reason I pick the Giants is they seem to be more consistent in all phases of the game than anyone else. (though lets face it, the Redskins team they played in week one wasn't the current Redskins team, the Rams, Bengals and Seahawks were just horrible football teams against everyone)

I think the Titans are headed to 11 wins or more, but like others, I'm concerned about how they'll hold up when they face a good offensive team and are forced to score points. They haven't faced a team above 17th in the league in points scored yet. We'll see how they do when they face more potent offensive teams.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #246
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Last night's game is what I get for openly rooting for any kind of New York team. I should have learned my lesson long ago that is making a deal with the devil. Thanks for messing me up in both my fantasy league and in the hi/low game!

stay away from my teams fucker!!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:54 AM   #247
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Steelers are the best team.

Ah, I am not impressed by the steelers or Rothelesberger.

Last edited by Galaril : 10-14-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:57 AM   #248
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
At this point, I'd say the Giants are the best team in football. . . but parity really is at it again. Every team has issues. The only reason I pick the Giants is they seem to be more consistent in all phases of the game than anyone else. (though lets face it, the Redskins team they played in week one wasn't the current Redskins team, the Rams, Bengals and Seahawks were just horrible football teams against everyone)

I think the Titans are headed to 11 wins or more, but like others, I'm concerned about how they'll hold up when they face a good offensive team and are forced to score points. They haven't faced a team above 17th in the league in points scored yet. We'll see how they do when they face more potent offensive teams.

The Titans D is awesome though, and I wonder how many times they'll even need to score 25 + points to win a game.

Now I do think if Vince Young becomes the starter again, the Titans will be in trouble, but Collins gives them enough balance with a passing game that their offense will be potent enough to do some damage.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:54 PM   #249
sabotai
General Manager

I'd say the Giants are still the best, but 2 reasons for that. 1) I'm biased. 2) They are, in all honesty and with as much objectivity I can give, the best team in the NFL of the teams I have been able to see play more than one game.

I haven't watched the Titans play at all this year. I have TiVo'ed every game that has come on for me and saved them to my PC. There isn't a Titans game there, so I can't even go back and watch the games I might have skipped over in previous weeks. Everything that I have seen of the Titans are clips in the post game shows and stats. I can't form any really valid opinion on a team just based on stats and a few highlights. I need to see them actually play. So if I were to say the Titans are the best, I'd be going purely off what everyone else is saying.

So I'll just say that of the teams I have been able to actually watch this year, the Giants are the best. And since we are still young in the season, that doesn't really mean much since I've only really been able to see a few games from a dozen teams or so.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #250
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I'd say the Giants are still the best, but 2 reasons for that. 1) I'm biased. 2) They are, in all honesty and with as much objectivity I can give, the best team in the NFL of the teams I have been able to see play more than one game.

I haven't watched the Titans play at all this year. I have TiVo'ed every game that has come on for me and saved them to my PC. There isn't a Titans game there, so I can't even go back and watch the games I might have skipped over in previous weeks. Everything that I have seen of the Titans are clips in the post game shows and stats. I can't form any really valid opinion on a team just based on stats and a few highlights. I need to see them actually play. So if I were to say the Titans are the best, I'd be going purely off what everyone else is saying.

So I'll just say that of the teams I have been able to actually watch this year, the Giants are the best. And since we are still young in the season, that doesn't really mean much since I've only really been able to see a few games from a dozen teams or so.

I don't think the Titans are the "best" team in the league but they are 5-0.So, just as I didn't think the Giants were the best team last year personnel /coaching wise they went home with the trophy.