Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-26-2006, 03:56 PM   #201
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
if he was on my team id ship him out for a can of tuna as soon as some idiot gm came calling.

I wonder why you aren't a GM

well i did mean that figurativly. i know you can get some talent from trading him. the 76ers should try to get draft picks for him.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:48 PM   #202
Swaggs
Coordinator

Isn't it easier to say, "No D" than to say "ABCE player?"
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:37 PM   #203
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic
It seemed like AI improved recently... at least in the last couple of years in APG...thought he improved his FG% the last couple of years too.

But I'm still torn on him. He plays with such heart, but he is not a proven winner. And the more that goes on, the more one starts to think he really can't be the #1 guy on a winning team...

Although when they made the Finals, it's hard to say he wasn't a big reason why.

Arguably the last two seasons were AI's most complete seasons. From all accounts the Olympic experience in Greece really affected him as far as his on court play. Not sure about the deal though. I don't know how AI and Pierce will work.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:45 PM   #204
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Isn't it easier to say, "No D" than to say "ABCE player?"

But how else would you show how witty you are?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:05 PM   #205
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic
It seemed like AI improved recently... at least in the last couple of years in APG...thought he improved his FG% the last couple of years too.

But I'm still torn on him. He plays with such heart, but he is not a proven winner. And the more that goes on, the more one starts to think he really can't be the #1 guy on a winning team...
Huh? NBA-Title winning, sure, but the Sixers have been doing real well under Iverson's reign. The only time he was paired with a good big (Mutumbo, Webber was overrated by the time he got there) he made the NBA Finals. I can see the argument that you can't build a team around the perimeter and hope to win (Hakeem, Duncan, Shaq won every title except Detroit's) but IMO put him with Shaq and Iverson would be getting as much publicity/respect as Wade/Kobe do. He's certainly well above the Marbury/Francis level and no player in the league has more heart on the court than AI does.

I'm not really sure how he'd work with Pierce, but if we could get him for primarily Sczerbiak and not give up Pierce/Jefferson/Green/the #7 pick/Perkins/West you've got to do it. The other rumor I heard surrounding Wally was a package deal (probably including the #7) for KG, which would be more interesting.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:46 PM   #206
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

With the draft about 24 hours away, I figured I'd throw up my top 10 mock draft as I see it now, not including trades.

1. Raptors - Andrea Bargnani
2. Bulls - LeMarcus Aldridge
3. Bobcats - Rudy Gay
4. Blazers - Adam Morrison
5. Hawks - Shelden Williams
6. Wolves - Brandon Roy
7. Celtics - Randy Foye
8. Rockets - Tyrus Thomas
9. Warriors - Rodney Carney
10. Sonics - Cedric Simmons

This draft could go tons of different directions, and so I do see some trades happening but there's no way I could forecast much of anything.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:24 PM   #207
Groundhog
Coordinator

Here's mine for the entire first round:
Code:
1 - Raptors - Andrea Bargnani 2 - Bulls - Tyrus Thomas 3 - Bobcats - Adam Morrison 4 - Blazers - Brandon Roy 5 - Hawks - Shelden Williams 6 - Wolves - Rudy Gay 7 - Celtics - Randy Foye 8 - Rockets - Marcus Williams 9 - Warriors - LaMarcus Aldridge 10 - Sonics - Patrick O'Bryant 11 - Magic - Ronnie Brewer 12 - Hornets - Rodney Carney 13 - Sixers - Shannon Brown 14 - Jazz - Hilton Armstrong 15 - Hornets - Cedric Simmons 16 - Bulls - Saer Sene 17 - Pacers - Rajon Rondo 18 - Wizards - Josh Boone 19 - Kings - J.J. Redick 20 - Knicks - Kyle Lowry 21 - Suns - Thabo Sefolosha 22 - Nets - Jordan Farmar 23 - Nets - Shawne Williams 24 - Grizzlies - Quincy Douby 25 - Cavaliers - Dee Brown 26 - Lakers - Mardy Collins 27 - Suns - Joel Freeland 28 - Mavs - Oleksiy Pecherov 29 - Knicks - Hassan Adams 30 - Blazers - Maurice Ager

Last edited by Groundhog : 06-27-2006 at 08:02 PM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:14 PM   #208
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Oh! I wanna play!

Quote:
1 - Raptors - Andrea Bargnani
2 - Bulls - Lamarcus Aldridge
3 - Bobcats - Adam Morrison
4 - Blazers - Brandon Roy
5 - Hawks - Shelden Williams
6 - Wolves - Rudy Gay
7 - Celtics - Randy Foye
8 - Rockets - Tyrus Thomas
9 - Warriors - LaMarcus Aldridge
10 - Sonics - Patrick O'Bryant
11 - Magic - Ronnie Brewer
12 - Hornets - Rodney Carney
13 - Sixers - Marcus Williams
14 - Jazz - Hilton Armstrong
15 - Hornets - Cedric Simmons
16 - Bulls - Saer Sene
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:04 AM   #209
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua
Oh! I wanna play!

That Aldridge is so versatile that he can play on two teams, wow!
Old 06-28-2006, 05:26 AM   #210
miami_fan
Coordinator

Top Ten

1. Raptors - Andrea Bargnani
2. Bulls - Tyrus Thomas
3. Bobcats - Adam Morrison
4. Blazers - Rudy Gay
5. Hawks - LaMarcus Aldridge
6. Wolves - Brandon Roy
7. Celtics - Randy Foye
8. Rockets - Marcus Williams
9. Warriors - Patrick O'Bryant
10. Sonics - Shelden Williams

I expect the Celtics trade their pick.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 06-28-2006, 05:58 AM   #211
miami_fan
Coordinator

PING: Mid Major guy

What is the true deal on Patrick O'Bryant? I saw 1 or 2 games with him during the season and then saw him dominate against Pittsburgh. I am looking at his game by game numbers and I am not really impressed. Other than being seven foot tall and that Pitt game, what is his claim to being a potential top ten pick in the draft?

Last edited by miami_fan : 06-28-2006 at 05:59 AM.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:40 AM   #212
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan
What is the true deal on Patrick O'Bryant? I saw 1 or 2 games with him during the season and then saw him dominate against Pittsburgh. I am looking at his game by game numbers and I am not really impressed. Other than being seven foot tall and that Pitt game, what is his claim to being a potential top ten pick in the draft?

Bingo. He is 7 foot tall and has 'potential'. He has BUST written all over him, but someone will bite.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:32 AM   #213
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Bingo. He is 7 foot tall and has 'potential'. He has BUST written all over him, but someone will bite.

hes the next Greg Ostertag?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:41 AM   #214
bselig
n00b

Even though he has effectively no offensive game, I'd rather have Saer Sene then O'Bryant. At least he has some sort of defensive potential, ala a Diop, whereas O'Bryant looks like Chris Marcus.

Also, a friend of a friend of a friend claims to have known O'Bryant and says he's a douche.
bselig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:28 PM   #215
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bselig
Even though he has effectively no offensive game, I'd rather have Saer Sene then O'Bryant. At least he has some sort of defensive potential, ala a Diop, whereas O'Bryant looks like Chris Marcus.

Also, a friend of a friend of a friend claims to have known O'Bryant and says he's a douche.

You're a douche, Bud Selig!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:36 PM   #216
bselig
n00b

Quote:
You're a douche, Bud Selig!

Last edited by bselig : 06-28-2006 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:06 PM   #217
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Appears the Celtics are trading #7 and Dickau for Sebastian Telfair. Does this mean Portland is trying to move up to #1 for #4 and #7? Makes this draft a little less fun if the C's have no picks but I'll still watch. I think Telfair will be a good player and his pass first mentality is something lacking on the C's.

The AI deal to Celtics continues to build steam, Cleveland now being the possible third team involved. I don't mind seeing Jefferson go, but I want to keep Gerald Green if the deal goes down.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #218
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

dola

The deal actually appears to be #7, Dickau, and LaFrentz for Ratliff and Telfair. If this is the case, I think the Celtics robbed the Blazers. Thank God Raef could be gone!!!!
Old 06-28-2006, 04:49 PM   #219
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Please please PLEASE draft Roy, bulls.

No more children big men. No mas. Just say no.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:51 PM   #220
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2
Appears the Celtics are trading #7 and Dickau for Sebastian Telfair. Does this mean Portland is trying to move up to #1 for #4 and #7? Makes this draft a little less fun if the C's have no picks but I'll still watch. I think Telfair will be a good player and his pass first mentality is something lacking on the C's.

#4 and #7 for #1 in this draft would be pretty stupid.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:54 PM   #221
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
#4 and #7 for #1 in this draft would be pretty stupid.

Sounds like something the Knicks would do.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:54 PM   #222
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

I think they want Morrison bad, they are afraid the Bobcats might take him at 3.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:56 PM   #223
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I'd consider #2 and #16 for #4 and #7
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 06-28-2006, 05:00 PM   #224
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua
I'd consider #2 and #16 for #4 and #7

That would work out pretty nicely. Bulls should do that if they have the chance.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:02 PM   #225
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I want Roy but I wouldn't be too upset with one of the bigs. Truthfully, if we don't draft one of the bigs in the draft, then we may be stuck with a guy like Nazr or Joel Pryzbilla next to Tyson and I don't see how that is going to be anymore beneficial.

I'm hoping Paxson has something in mind, with some of his moves in the past I do consider him one of the top talent evaluators in the league.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:10 PM   #226
JeeberD
General Manager

The new, rubber ball is official...

http://www.nba.com/news/blackbox_060628.html

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:51 PM   #227
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Please please PLEASE draft Roy, bulls.

No more children big men. No mas. Just say no.

John Paxson says they're split between Thomas, Aldridge, and Bargnani. I gu ess we'll find out soon enough.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:15 PM   #228
JeeberD
General Manager

Dickie V is on the broadcast?

Automatic mute...

Old 06-28-2006, 06:18 PM   #229
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2
dola

The deal actually appears to be #7, Dickau, and LaFrentz for Ratliff and Telfair. If this is the case, I think the Celtics robbed the Blazers. Thank God Raef could be gone!!!!

The Celtics got rid of LaFrentz?! Wow. That is just an awful trade for the Blazers - depending on who is there at #7, assuming they don't move up. They could wind up with a decent PG at #7 and a guy like Roy at #4.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:18 PM   #230
miami_fan
Coordinator

Vitale does not bother me at all EXCEPT during the draft. Why is there always some new world order conspiracy whenever an international player is rated highly?
Old 06-28-2006, 06:39 PM   #231
Groundhog
Coordinator

Well, it's Bargnani. I'm 1 of 1, so far.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:40 PM   #232
Groundhog
Coordinator

...or maybe not? I'm following the ESPN Draft Cast and it had Bargnani, and then it took his name off and says Toronto now has 2 more mins...
Old 06-28-2006, 06:41 PM   #233
miami_fan
Coordinator

The Heat don't have a pick this year so I have to find teams to be interested in during the draft. The teams I am watching this year are the Bulls, the Timberwolves, and the Lakers. I like the makeup of the current Bulls and want to see what they do to improve that team. What will the T'Wolves do to help KG if they don't trade him? The Lakers are the team I am really looking forward to. The Bynum pick was supposed to be a good pick because they were not going to be good for 2-3 years and they could wait on him. Well they were better than they expected to be. Are they looking for a player to help them in a year or two or a guy with less potential who is going to help them right now.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:46 PM   #234
Groundhog
Coordinator

Bulls grab Aldridge... darn, he was my pick to slide.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:46 PM   #235
Groundhog
Coordinator

Actually, looks like Bulls made trade Aldridge to Blazers for #4 and Kyrapa.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:47 PM   #236
miami_fan
Coordinator

We did pick where we thought the players would end up and not where they would be picked right?
Old 06-28-2006, 06:49 PM   #237
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Fucking bullshit. Terrible, terrible pick.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:50 PM   #238
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Well, the T-wolves have their pick of Gay or Foye now.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:52 PM   #239
bselig
n00b

Okafor/May/Morrison, athletic monsters up front!
Old 06-28-2006, 06:53 PM   #240
Groundhog
Coordinator

2 outta 3... now Bulls take Tyrus Thomas.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:55 PM   #241
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD
Fucking bullshit. Terrible, terrible pick.

I disagree. This white boy will be up there in the RotY voting.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:56 PM   #242
Groundhog
Coordinator

And Thomas it is. Now things get interesting with Atlanta... do they grab Shelden like everyone has been saying they will?
Old 06-28-2006, 06:57 PM   #243
bselig
n00b

I gotta wonder...Will Morrison even deserve to start over Gerald Wallce? I find it unlikely, he was pretty sick on both ends last year. And I'd cringe to see him bang with NBA PFs.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:58 PM   #244
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
I gotta wonder...Will Morrison even deserve to start over Gerald Wallce? I find it unlikely, he was pretty sick on both ends last year. And I'd cringe to see him bang with NBA PFs.

power forwards???
Old 06-28-2006, 06:59 PM   #245
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

He's playing the 3 in the NBA for sure - I don't think anyone sees him as a 4.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:59 PM   #246
Groundhog
Coordinator

Gerald Wallace will be more likely to play SG I'd imagine.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:59 PM   #247
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Uh, there is NO way Morrison would even be considered to start over GW. I'm assuming they'll try to start Morrison at SG, though.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:59 PM   #248
miami_fan
Coordinator

Bobcats defintely made a need pick. They need someone who can score on the frontline. I am guessing they would rather have Wallace come off the bench. This also tells me that Bickerstaff is still calling the shots. This pick follows his MO from the previous years. Starter from a high profile program.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:00 PM   #249
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Well, the T-wolves have their pick of Gay or Foye now.

Foye plz k thx.

I'm gay for Gay.

Old 06-28-2006, 07:02 PM   #250
Groundhog
Coordinator

The poll on the ESPN cast is "Who will lead the bobcats in scoring?".

Morrison leads at 52%, then Okafor at 31% and Wallace at 17%.