Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #201
Schmidty
Coordinator

Nothing to do with the movie, but I think I'm a backward in that I hated Voyager, thought TNG was very good, really liked Enterprise, and absolutely loved DS9.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:24 PM   #202
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Having seen at least a few episodes of each, as well as reading their premises, I thought TNG was quite good, DS9 was mediocre at best (the earlier episodes were passable) but the others sucked. Contrarily, I thought the TNG movies were quite bad (but not as bad as I and V). At least this new movie offers something new and different.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:38 PM   #203
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

I loved Star Trek VI, I think part of it was that fact that there was no one main villain. General Chang was listed as the main villain, but they were fighting everyone, including officers inside of Starfleet.

Villains:
Star Trek I -- V'ger
Star Trek II -- Khan
Star Trek III -- Kruge
Star Trek IV -- Unnamed Alien Probe
Star Trek V -- Sybok and maybe God...
Star Trek VI -- Chang, starfleet officers
Star Trek VII -- Soran, Duras Sisters
Star Trek VIII -- Borg
Star Trek IX -- Son'a
Star Trek X -- Shinzon
Star Trek XI -- Nero
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:54 PM   #204
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I need to see some of those Star Trek movies again. I have not seen most of them in so long I don't remember much except for II and the travel back in time for a whale one (IV?). The whale one was horrible IMO
Old 05-11-2009, 12:13 AM   #205
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Having seen at least a few episodes of each, as well as reading their premises, I thought TNG was quite good, DS9 was mediocre at best (the earlier episodes were passable) but the others sucked. Contrarily, I thought the TNG movies were quite bad (but not as bad as I and V). At least this new movie offers something new and different.

I have never heard anyone that watched DS9 ever describe the early episodes as good and the later ones as bad. I thought DS9 really hit its stride in season 4 when Worf arrived and then when the Dominion War really took hold. Two of my favorite episodes were "Far Beyond the Stars" and "In the Pale Moonlight" and I believe both were in seasons five and/or six.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:07 AM   #206
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
I need to see some of those Star Trek movies again. I have not seen most of them in so long I don't remember much except for II and the travel back in time for a whale one (IV?). The whale one was horrible IMO

2 through 4 were kind of a story arc. II is where spock dies, III is where they save Spock, and IV is where they go back in time to get the whale. Most Star Trek fans consider IV to be one of the better Star Trek movies, but I think you would have to be a Star Trek fan to fully appreciate that movie. There are a lot of little side jokes going on, mainly referring to Spock and his coming back to life.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:38 AM   #207
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
2 through 4 were kind of a story arc. II is where spock dies, III is where they save Spock, and IV is where they go back in time to get the whale. Most Star Trek fans consider IV to be one of the better Star Trek movies, but I think you would have to be a Star Trek fan to fully appreciate that movie. There are a lot of little side jokes going on, mainly referring to Spock and his coming back to life.

Yeah, I remember the rough outline of III with Spock coming back, just can't remember details at all. IV to me, just the whole whale story I didn't like, the time travel was somewhat lame to me as well I guess. I just am not a huge fan (like a trekkie) I guess, though I have seen them all and given every show a try, I just haven't watched the movies more then a couple times for most of them. And it's been a while.

My daughter and I will watch Star Trek stuff when we see it on though. She even likes the original show so we will watch that. Not Enterprise though.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:22 AM   #208
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Interesting ... I'm looking at the ratings on IMDB:

1. Star Trek 2009 8.6
2. Wrath of Kahn 7.8
3. First Contact 7.6
4. Voyage Home 7.3
5. Undiscovered Country 7.2
6. Search for Spock 6.5
7. Generations 6.4
8. Insurrection 6.4
9. Nemesis 6.4
10 The Motion Picture 6.2
11. The Final Frontier 4.9

Reasonably close to how I would rank them. I'd slide VI ahead of IV and put III after Insurrection.

The thing about IV and the whales is that it's funnier than the other films which helps it out. The plot is a little goofy and the morality play is less than subtle though.

My dislike of III is tainted by the fact that it was completely unnecessary and insipid. The film was entirely built on the premise of fixing the ending of II so they could make IV since Nimoy initially said he would never do another Star Trek film and they killed him off. That's why I hope to never seen another TNG movie -- the while killing Data and transferring his conscious to B4 has Search for Spock all over it. I don't want to see that continue.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:34 AM   #209
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

95% freshness rating on Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes
Old 05-11-2009, 08:35 AM   #210
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I have never heard anyone that watched DS9 ever describe the early episodes as good and the later ones as bad. I thought DS9 really hit its stride in season 4 when Worf arrived and then when the Dominion War really took hold. Two of my favorite episodes were "Far Beyond the Stars" and "In the Pale Moonlight" and I believe both were in seasons five and/or six.

You don't really hear the early episodes as being better very often. I heard a roommate of mine say it once- he really liked the Maquis plot and didn't care for the war. I dunno. I guess I could see it, but, frankly, when the Dominion hit the scene is when the show really took off.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #211
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
You don't really hear the early episodes as being better very often. I heard a roommate of mine say it once- he really liked the Maquis plot and didn't care for the war. I dunno. I guess I could see it, but, frankly, when the Dominion hit the scene is when the show really took off.

SI

There were some early episodes I liked a whole lot - and frankly the earlier stuff got a lot more interesting to me after I read the Pocket Books 3-book series on the occupation (the name escapes me at the moment but i have them at home).

One of the earlier episodes I love love loved for example, was Season 1's "Captive Pursuit". Not to mention "Duet" which IMHO probably belongs on a Top 10 list of the series' episodes. And that's just Season 1. Season 2..."The Wire" and "Crossover" and maybe "The Collaborator" but that's about it. IMHO this was the weakest season of DS9 I guess.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:49 AM   #212
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Since I really don't like sci-fi, I was speaking from a watchability point of view - mainly the interaction between characters. Once they really get into a bizarre, incomprehensible (to me) aliens and inter-gallactic stuff (presumably the Dominion arc), then it's a turn off. But my opinions don't matter - it was just to compare to the movies.

Can someone post the same movies list, except ranked by Rotten Tomatoes?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:51 AM   #213
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Since I really don't like sci-fi, I was speaking from a watchability point of view - mainly the interaction between characters. Once they really get into a bizarre, incomprehensible (to me) aliens and inter-gallactic stuff (presumably the Dominion arc), then it's a turn off. But my opinions don't matter - it was just to compare to the movies.

Can someone post the same movies list, except ranked by Rotten Tomatoes?

Here...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star...by_tomatometer

Wrath of Kahn is 90%, First Contact is 91%

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 05-11-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #214
RendeR
Coordinator

Its interesting to see how highly "The Voyage Home" (ST:IV) is rated. I've always believed its the second worst movie in the entire collection after "Final Frontier" (ST:V) Terrible writing, campy (even for ST) humor, cliched time warp resolution and breaking every rule the Federation ever created in messing with the timeline.

I simply hate that movie. I'll watch Final Fronteir or the Cartoon series before I chose the Voyage Home.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:58 AM   #215
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Its interesting to see how highly "The Voyage Home" (ST:IV) is rated. I've always believed its the second worst movie in the entire collection after "Final Frontier" (ST:V) Terrible writing, campy (even for ST) humor, cliched time warp resolution and breaking every rule the Federation ever created in messing with the timeline.

I simply hate that movie. I'll watch Final Fronteir or the Cartoon series before I chose the Voyage Home.

I think it got rated so highly because of the whole 80's aspect of it. Like "imagine this is going on right now!" kind of thing.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #216
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

Just as I was about to hit "reply," RendeR took care of it for me.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:00 AM   #217
mh2365
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm skipping a lot of the posts in this thread so forgive me if I am repeating anything ...

I'm two days removed from seeing this movie. If I was 15 or so inclined I would've seen this movie about 30 times in the theater. I can honestly say in my 41 years I have never enjoyed a movie as much as I did this one. (not saying it is the best movie, just the one I enjoyed the most) I am on the fringe of being a Trekker, I've seen pretty much every episode and every movie that has been put out there.

As a huge fan I think it is grossly misleading to say that Abrams just said "fuck you" to all the fans. If he was doing that then he wouldn't have put all the Easter Eggs to the fans in that he did. Even to the point of Scottie transporting Admiral Archer's prized beagle somewhere. He didn't have to do that to reboot the franchise.

What he did have to do is provide an alternative timeline because if not where does it go from there? You can't really do the Batman reboot and just remake the movies only darker because Star Trek isn't about being dark. If he had just made a movie about them in cadet school then Kirk takes command of the Enterprise and they are done making movies.

Now with the things he set in motion with this movie they could do an unlimited amount of sequels. As long as Abrams is doing them then they will be stellar.

Because of this now you have Bryan Fuller wanting to bring Star Trek back to TV and you have the hottest movie of the summer.

I say well done JJ ... of course I am also in the camp that thinks every thing he touches is gold.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:17 AM   #218
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I never really watched Star Trek growing up and I have an Amazon gift cerfificate from Christmas and I'm thinking about getting one of the two:

Star Trek: The Original Series

or

Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection

which one should I get??

~thanks

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #219
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ooooh

I might have to say the series. If you get the motion picture collection then you have at a minimum 1/3 of it that is made up of "clunkers (III and V)" where if you get the series (assuming you can deal with the special effects) there are far fewer "clunkers" in terms of storyline
Old 05-11-2009, 12:07 PM   #220
JediKooter
Coordinator

I'll say it again, the new Star Trek is the best Star Trek movie out of all of them. I'll have to watch Wrath of Khan again though now that I thinkn about it.

I really like the original series a lot and I like the Next Generation. The other shows, I'm more just 'eh' on. The one thing that I did get completely sick and tired of was the Borg. Like anything, it was ok at first, but, they kept using them way too much in my opinion.

If I had to put things in order:

1. Star Trek
2. Wrath of Khan
3. Voyage Home
4. Search for Spock
5. First Contact
6. Undiscovered Country
7. The Motion Picture
8. Generations
9. Nemisis
10. Final Frontier
11. Never saw Insurrection

I think because I'm not a super Trekkie, I'm less likely to feel insulted or whatever it is because things are in a different timeline now.

People who say there's no Star Trek morals or life lessons or whatever it is, must have completely missed the opening scene. I think that was classic Star Trek right there. As for Spock fighting Kirk...no problems at all with that, everyone knew that Kirk was a hot head, undisiplined and didn't follow orders. As for Kirk getting his ass kicked time and time again, well, he's still young and lacks the experience of the Kirk we were introduced to back in 66.

I'm actually glad that Abrahms didn't geek it out with a bunch technobable or mumbojumbo. If he had, you would have sat there trying to figure what the heck they just said instead of following the story or for some (and by some, I mean all the hard core Trekkies) people they would be more worried that on page 39 of the Starfleet tech spec, that he incorrectly pronounced something and that earlier versions of the transporters beeped twice instead of 3 times.

As for the comments about it being a 90210 version. I've never watched that show, but, if it is in reference to their ages...not sure how 40 or 50 years olds could pull off being in Starfleet academy. They are supposed to be in their late teens early 20s in the movie because they are just starting out their careers.

This was not a dumbed down version of Star Trek, it was Trekkied/nerded down version of Star Trek and I think by doing that, it just saved the franchise.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:48 PM   #221
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
This was not a dumbed down version of Star Trek, it was Trekkied/nerded down version of Star Trek and I think by doing that, it just saved the franchise.

I agree and this, to me, is the most valuable element of all for me as a Star Trek fan. This movie will probably spawn sequels and potential reinvigorate interest in a new Trek series, which was not possible before this movie.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #222
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I never really watched Star Trek growing up and I have an Amazon gift cerfificate from Christmas and I'm thinking about getting one of the two:

Star Trek: The Original Series

or

Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection

which one should I get??

~thanks

Get the series, buy Wrath of Khan...you should be fine.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #223
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I agree and this, to me, is the most valuable element of all for me as a Star Trek fan. This movie will probably spawn sequels and potential reinvigorate interest in a new Trek series, which was not possible before this movie.

That's exactly what I thought when I was walking out of the theater. As much as I rail on Hollywood for not coming up with anything original, I think this is one vehicle that would be good for a new tv series.

Shoot, Admiral Pike can now be an integral part of a series, which I think would be cool.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #224
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
Get the series, buy Wrath of Khan...you should be fine.

If you are not familiar with the movies, I would think it would be difficult to watch Wrath of Khan without seeing Search for Spock. As much as Search for Spock kind of sucked, you really need that closure.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:38 PM   #225
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
People who say there's no Star Trek morals or life lessons or whatever it is, must have completely missed the opening scene. I think that was classic Star Trek right there.
Exactly. There was plenty of morality play in the movie. The Koboyashi Maru and the no-win scenario test has been part of Star Trek lore for nearly 30 years and it was interesting to see how that was thread throughout this movie. We saw the origins of Kirk's philosophy that he doesn't believe in the no-win scenario, and we saw it's application in this movie. Kirk saved the day by taking risks and doing the right thing regardless of the rules. That's classic Trek.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #226
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I thought they did a very good job with it. In thinkin about the bestmovies, they were all pretty simple in regards to the plot. I think they achieved that in this movie, while leaving the door open for future installments.

I really dug the kind of retro look to the engineering spaces.

The only jarring scene was the Kobyashi Maru scenario. Not necessarily bad, but jarring.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:32 AM   #227
RendeR
Coordinator

personally I think they kind of blew it on Kirk's personality after 3 years at the academy. he wouldn't still BE that obnoxious brazen asshole after 3 years, he'd have been shitcanned for it long before that. unless of course Pike keeps him safe.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #228
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Never a big fan of Star Trek, but I really, really liked this movie. Had great action, some good humor, and a decent cast. They even handled the time travel well.

As for a "big fuck you to the fans", you'd have to say similar to Batman fans then with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, no? It seems that reboots are the way to reinvigorate old series.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #229
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Just saw it for the third time (twice in the theater, once ummm not) and I am still enjoying the movie quite a bit. The part where Bones is treating Kirk when they first get on Enterprise has made me laugh every time.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:21 AM   #230
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
If you are not familiar with the movies, I would think it would be difficult to watch Wrath of Khan without seeing Search for Spock. As much as Search for Spock kind of sucked, you really need that closure.

Yeah, but I think most people know that Spock isn't dead, so knowing that, it's not as vital anymore to have closure since the character was brought back.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:22 PM   #231
DanGarion
Coordinator

Pretty good article (as long as you can deal with some glaring typos) about how the movie fits in with the "Prime" timeline, etc.
Star Trek Movie Annotations - ComicMix news
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #232
DanGarion
Coordinator

Oh and this is for you DT....

Trekkies Bash New Star Trek Film As 'Fun, Watchable'
Old 05-14-2009, 12:59 PM   #233
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol

eh, i'm slowly coming around on it. i suppose it's the lesser of two evils.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-14-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:57 PM   #234
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Saw the movie last night. Just loved it. Here's hoping they can get this movie series going strong.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:09 AM   #235
RendeR
Coordinator

I fucking LOVE the onion. That was awesome.

"If I wanted to sit around watching young attractive people being active and exciting I'd watch sports" *cackle*

Gonna go watch this again tonight after gaming I think.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #236
DanGarion
Coordinator

This videos keeps on coming...
Old 05-17-2009, 10:36 PM   #237
Schmidty
Coordinator

I saw this with my wife and daughter today. We all loved it. We spent $36 to see it (with popcorn and sneaking in candy), and I can actually say that it was worth it for once. My wife liked it so much that she made us stay until all the credits were done to see if anything happened.

My only issue:

Spoiler
Old 05-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #238
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I saw this with my wife and daughter today. We all loved it. We spent $36 to see it (with popcorn and sneaking in candy), and I can actually say that it was worth it for once. My wife liked it so much that she made us stay until all the credits were done to see if anything happened.

My only issue:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I spoiler tagged my response because of the way I said something. Don't want to ruin anything for any that haven't seen it yet.

Last edited by RendeR : 05-18-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #239
Desnudo
Coordinator

I really enjoyed this movie. Probably the first time I've seen a two hour movie that didn't seem like two hours. The acting is what put it over the top. Great performances all around, especially the doctor.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #240
Butter
Coordinator

Didn't like it. Didn't think the acting was any good AT ALL, surprised to see so much praise for it. Had no problem with the science or anything like that. I think this style of action adventure where everything works out just so for the heroes at all times just kind of gets on my nerves any more.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:24 AM   #241
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I saw this over the weekend. I really enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun. I thought the cast was fantastic. Kirk and Bones, in particular, just nailed the essence of the original characters. I thought Sylar was quite good as Spock too.

There were a couple of things I didn't like, for example, I thought the Scotty in the water tubes thing was completely unnecessary, especially since they just had that Kirk running from the snow monsters scene a few minutes prior.

I thought the opening scene was fantastic.

The one "big" issue I had was as follows:

Spoiler
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:00 PM   #242
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I agree HB. Seems pretty short-sighted. Especially when we've established that past-tech could save what...10 million Vulcans off the planet in a matter of minutes without any planning ahead.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:11 PM   #243
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I agree HB. Seems pretty short-sighted. Especially when we've established that past-tech could save what...10 million Vulcans off the planet in a matter of minutes without any planning ahead.

Agree, now that someone mentions this I remember thinking when I heard it was all Spocks fault, that I wonder what terrible thing he did. And all it was is that he promised to save them and he wasn't able to? WTF the Romulans deserved to die if they were that freaking passive about a planet ending event like that.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:08 AM   #244
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just saw this and thought it was amazing. Wife loved it also and was crying 10 minutes in as advertsed.

DT, I gotta be honest, you come off as sounding like a bitter sci fi geek who can'r come to terms with the fact that classics move on.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:11 AM   #245
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Just saw this and thought it was amazing. Wife loved it also and was crying 10 minutes in as advertsed.

DT, I gotta be honest, you come off as sounding like a bitter sci fi geek who can'r come to terms with the fact that classics move on.

prolly cuz that's what i am
Old 05-31-2009, 12:27 AM   #246
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

prolly cuz that's what i am

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:03 AM   #247
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Old 05-31-2009, 02:29 AM   #248
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

yeahhh...still not very happy with him about that
Old 06-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #249
Kodos
Resident Alien

Sigh.

So we went to see this on Saturday, which took some doing, since we don't usually get to see movies these days due to our 4 month old baby. I was enjoying it, my wife who hates Star Trek was actually enjoying it, and then, as they are trying to disable the thing boring a hole into Vulcan....

... the theater had some sort of power issue, and the movie ended.

Sigh.

Last edited by Kodos : 06-01-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #250
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Sigh.

So we went to see this on Saturday, which took some doing, since we don't usually get to see movies these days due to our 4 month old baby. I was enjoying it, my wife who hates Star Trek was actually enjoying it, and then, as they are trying to disable the thing boring a hole into Vulcan....

... the theater had some sort of power issue, and the movie ended.

Sigh.

I presume you'll at least get a refund?

I understand your larger point though about that being particularly obnoxious due to the difficulties in getting out to see a movie with the baby and all (how many tentacles does it have again?)

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-01-2009 at 10:37 AM.