Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-05-2006, 10:15 PM   #201
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I tell you what, pound for pound Hubie Brown is the best sports analyst period.

Last edited by stevew : 05-05-2006 at 10:15 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:16 PM   #202
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Damon JONES~!

Best shooter on the planet.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:18 PM   #203
Vince
Pro Starter

That three that Arenas hit at the end of regulation was amazing.

The pass by Snow and the missed free throws by Arenas near the end of OT were also amazing, but not for the same reasons. That ending was so anti-climactic.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:43 PM   #204
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
I tell you what, pound for pound Hubie Brown is the best sports analyst period.

Agreed! He does a tremendous breaking down the game and gives you a true insight into a coach's mind in every game situation. All that with out stupid catch phrases and such.
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:21 PM   #205
miami_fan
Coordinator

How was that a flagrant foul on Brad Miller? He jumped up to block Manu's shot? A foul? yes but definitely not flagrant.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:27 PM   #206
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan
How was that a flagrant foul on Brad Miller? He jumped up to block Manu's shot? A foul? yes but definitely not flagrant.
Hit to the face I would assume, looked like a flagrant to me(the lower one).
Old 05-05-2006, 11:58 PM   #207
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So not suprisingly it looks like we'll be getting A Stupid matchup in the West for round 2. When the top 2 western conference teams(Spurs and Mavs) play. Meanwhile the Clippers and Lakers/Suns will play. They better fix this shit for next year, this system is rediculous. I'd give each division one playoff team, but disregard who won the division for seeding purposes. They already disregard the record for homecourt, this isn't a stretch.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:08 AM   #208
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
So not suprisingly it looks like we'll be getting A Stupid matchup in the West for round 2. When the top 2 western conference teams(Spurs and Mavs) play. Meanwhile the Clippers and Lakers/Suns will play. They better fix this shit for next year, this system is rediculous. I'd give each division one playoff team, but disregard who won the division for seeding purposes. They already disregard the record for homecourt, this isn't a stretch.

Put it the NBA's way, does this decrease your interest in viewership in round 2? No way. Thats the bottom line.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:22 AM   #209
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

agreed.

They should just let the top 8 teams in the west and top 8 teams in the east and seed them #1-#8 by record.

Each playoff round, you just reseed the teams.

This way it makes the top teams play the lower seeds and makes the regular season mean something.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:49 AM   #210
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosshogg23
Put it the NBA's way, does this decrease your interest in viewership in round 2? No way. Thats the bottom line.
Actually it prob. increases viewership in round 2
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:15 AM   #211
miami_fan
Coordinator

I have more of a problem the disregard for the division champ(Denver this year) not getting homecourt advantage than I do with the DAL-SA matchup. If you are going to have divisions, then winning your division should have certain rewards. IMO those rewards should include home court advantage and a guaranteed spot in the top three seeds. If the NBA takes the top seeding away from the division, they should get rid of the divisions all together, balance the schedule so team face every other team in the conference the same number of time. Then take the top 8 from each conference.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #212
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have more of a problem the disregard for the division champ(Denver this year) not getting homecourt advantage than I do with the DAL-SA matchup. If you are going to have divisions, then winning your division should have certain rewards. IMO those rewards should include home court advantage and a guaranteed spot in the top three seeds. If the NBA takes the top seeding away from the division, they should get rid of the divisions all together, balance the schedule so team face every other team in the conference the same number of time. Then take the top 8 from each conference.

So arbitrary placement in a division should outweigh quality over an 82-game schedule? IMO, giving home court to the better team was the one thing the NBA did that is right with the playoff seeding.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 05:27 PM   #213
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
So arbitrary placement in a division should outweigh quality over an 82-game schedule? IMO, giving home court to the better team was the one thing the NBA did that is right with the playoff seeding.

Again, what is the point of having a division then if there is NO benefit to winning the division title? Get rid of all the divisions. There would be nothing wrong with just going with the Eastern and Western conferences and no divisions. However if you are going to have divisions and place an importance on division play by scheduling those team more often than the other teams, there needs to be some reward for being successful within that division.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:36 PM   #214
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Again, what is the point of having a division then if there is NO benefit to winning the division title? Get rid of all the divisions. There would be nothing wrong with just going with the Eastern and Western conferences and no divisions. However if you are going to have divisions and place an importance on division play by scheduling those team more often than the other teams, there needs to be some reward for being successful within that division.

Divisions are only used because the league wants to make sure that there is at least one "hope" for every geographical region represented by that division. That brings them more ratings and money. Personally, I think intelligent placing of teams and a good system that ensures that all teams can compete fairly equally would end up working better. I don't think there should be divisions at all, unless the size of the league is such that an equal schedule for all is essentially impossible (such as the NCAA).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 08:36 PM   #215
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Kobe needs to score about 35 points this second half to save their season.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:43 PM   #216
Rizon
Pro Starter

Is Barkley drunk or stoned?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 08:49 PM   #217
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Is anyone doing any kind of betting on the playoffs? I'm just curious what kind of Odds cleveland is getting vs the Pistons.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #218
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Why is Nash in there with a 20 point lead ? Hell, give him a little rest.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:37 PM   #219
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It's time for the Suns to break out the "Mercy Rule." Empty the benches.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:56 PM   #220
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Well..that stinks.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:09 PM   #221
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So, Kobe shoots 3 times in the 2nd half. Seems like a bad time for him to start acting unselfish. If he was trying to prove a point, that's a pretty silly time to do such.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:10 PM   #222
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Yeah, that's what Dee Brown was just saying that he was trying to prove a point. But I'd prove a point to him. Trade him.

Ridiculous.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:13 PM   #223
amdaily
College Prospect

Quote:
So, Kobe shoots 3 times in the 2nd half. Seems like a bad time for him to start acting unselfish. If he was trying to prove a point, that's a pretty silly time to do such.

God I hate that son of a rapist bitch
amdaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:14 PM   #224
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdaily
God I hate that son of a rapist bitch

Old 05-06-2006, 10:16 PM   #225
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Well, you can tell based on the press conference that Phil and Kobe really have mended their fence, because they're giving him a chance to throw him under the bus and he refused to do it. Instead, he just talked about how the role players failed to give him the help he needs.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 05-06-2006 at 10:17 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:18 PM   #226
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Clippers v. Mavericks in the Western Conference finals.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:22 PM   #227
amdaily
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
Well, you can tell based on the press conference that Phil and Kobe really have mended their fence, because they're giving him a chance to throw him under the bus and he refused to do it. Instead, he just talked about how the role players failed to give him the help he needs.

amdaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:06 PM   #228
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Heartbreaking loss for the Mavs. If they win this series, they will have definitely earned it after this last game. This kind of loss is one of those games that gives an opponent a lot of confidence. S.A. has to be thinking that if Dallas can't beat us when we're at our most vulnerable, they're not going to beat us in this series. The Mavs also have to be wondering what they're going to need to do to beat the Spurs now as well.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:13 PM   #229
jbmagic
Pro Starter

I bet the Clippers and Phoenix hope Dallas wins the series.

Both the Clippers and Phoenix match up better vs Dallas.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:30 PM   #230
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I love the Cavs, but they are going to be lucky to win more than 1 game in this series. Besides Lebron, everyone else is a big question mark shooting wise.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:41 PM   #231
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yep. Based on the first 6 games, I was all set to say that Kobe was finally starting to impress me. Then, he goes and acts childish in game 7 at a critical time for the team.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:49 PM   #232
stevew
Hall Of Famer

God, surely they can't hit 91% from 3 forever.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:50 PM   #233
Blade6119
Coordinator

I really didnt like the lakers walking off the court without shaking hands and what not. 1 laker stuck around, not sure who it was(not kobe)...i think that made it worse, as on TV they have the whole suns team talking to this one laker and then showing the others just walking off the court. Poor class from a team i prob. shouldnt have expected more from.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 04:12 PM   #234
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I really didnt like the lakers walking off the court without shaking hands and what not. 1 laker stuck around, not sure who it was(not kobe)...i think that made it worse, as on TV they have the whole suns team talking to this one laker and then showing the others just walking off the court. Poor class from a team i prob. shouldnt have expected more from.

It was only Jim Jackson former Suns player. He played for them part of this season before he got release and Lakers pick him out.

Eaglefan27

It was not Kobe fault he didnt shoot much in the 2nd half. They were double teaming Odom and Kobe everytime they touch the ball. The others players need to step up and make there open shots. If they do that it frees up Odom and Kobe to do there thing.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:14 PM   #235
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic

Eaglefan27

It was not Kobe fault he didnt shoot much in the 2nd half. They were double teaming Odom and Kobe everytime they touch the ball. The others players need to step up and make there open shots. If they do that it frees up Odom and Kobe to do there thing.

Keep on drinking the Kobe flavored Kool Aid.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:54 PM   #236
Groundhog
Coordinator

Nets playing well thus far vs Heat. My main thought about the game however is a big "WTF? John Thomas (AKA: Penis) is still in the NBA?".
Old 05-08-2006, 09:06 PM   #237
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Nets sure are putting it on the Heat. Good on 'ya guys. Let's take Detroit's swagger down a notch and sneak a NBA title back to the swamp.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:57 PM   #238
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Nearing the end of the third, the Pistons are up 20 and Lebron only has 12 points. Remarkab
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:59 PM   #239
miami_fan
Coordinator

Do the Cavs come within 10 points of the Pistons in any of the 4 games? Unless the Pistons feel charitable, the Cavs won't win a game.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:22 PM   #240
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This free throw differential is a bit silly. I don't expect to win more than 1 game this series. But it's nice to know that the Pistons do not foul.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:47 PM   #241
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Do the Cavs come within 10 points of the Pistons in any of the 4 games? Unless the Pistons feel charitable, the Cavs won't win a game.

Under 10 points! Maybe I should try that for the Heat's next game
Old 05-09-2006, 08:50 PM   #242
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Yep. Based on the first 6 games, I was all set to say that Kobe was finally starting to impress me. Then, he goes and acts childish in game 7 at a critical time for the team.

It was a lose lose situation for Kobe. He shoots the ball trying to generate some offense and the media blames him for taking too many shots and not passing the ball enough. Kobe will always be an enigma in the NBA
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 09:11 PM   #243
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Well, at least they came back to make it interesting. Larry Hughes is not what I hoped he would be. He made a couple of world class boners towards the end which killed the Cavs(that stupid ass charge, and allowing the 3 point play). At least they got Slowgauskus off the floor at the end of the game.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:14 PM   #244
JeeberD
General Manager

The Mavs are looking damn good tonight...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:48 PM   #245
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
It was a lose lose situation for Kobe. He shoots the ball trying to generate some offense and the media blames him for taking too many shots and not passing the ball enough. Kobe will always be an enigma in the NBA

I'm far from a Kobe apologist, but this rings pretty true. He finally doesn't take all the shots, and he still gets panned for it. Tough crowd.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:55 PM   #246
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That is BS. Kobe had over 20 points and he only takes 3 shots in the second half. He packed it in, perhaps to make a point. Jordan and the other greats would never do that.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:48 AM   #247
MrBug708
Head Coach

He packed it in? Hardly would call that, but once his teammates stopped trying, far be it for Kobe to isolate them even more by shooting it every time
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:59 AM   #248
JeeberD
General Manager

Mavs beat the Spurs in San Antonio by 22 points and folks here are still talking about the Lakers instead. Unbelievable...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #249
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

From the press conference, I heard PhilJax say that he told the Lakers that if they were going to come back, Kobe wouldn't be the guy who would do it for them... unfortunately, the Lakers didn't respond.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:48 AM   #250
miami_fan
Coordinator

Maybe it is just me but I am getting really sick of the Spurs. All the theatrics whenever someone gets close to them is almost as annoying as the constant whininng they do when they commit the most obvious fouls. The Spurs are a good check that a great team. All the acting and crying is really below them.